[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: p10939779_p_v10_ad.jpg (783 KB, 1536x2048)
783 KB
783 KB JPG
I just finished Nightcrawler. I feel like this Nightcrawler is a pretty good representation of the life of a sociopath.

Pretty much everyone sees Lou Bloom for being an eccentric weirdo with his long corporate monologue speeches, they simply don't care and do business with him, they don't even care to call him out on it. I feel like other movies like American Psycho or Wolf of Wall Street have le based sigma character always manipulating everyone and they sort of blend in, and everyone falls for it or looks impressed. But in Nightcrawler you literally see that most people see Lou for what he is, right from the start. He has to find vulnerable people like his druggie homeless employee or that post wall foid to leverage into a personal relationship.

He has a very peculiar personality that feels very real. Bateman in American Psycho doesn't really feel like a person, more a fantasy character. But Lou Bloom is like someone you'd actually meet working a shitty nightshift job somewhere. I like how he has an obsessive autistic hyperfocus on whatever it is that interests him. First it was corporate seminars, which reflected in the way he spoke, then it became filming for TV. He has a passion for his craft too, researching in his own time photo composition. Someone totally devoid of all feelings for other humans, but latches onto professional obsessions.
>>
>>204671138
He steals that big oversized watch from that dudes body. When I watched it I noticed I had a big oversized watch on and got insecure.
>>
>>204671242
I searched the archive for commentary about this movie when it came out, and a few anons complained about the watch theft at the start. Saying it jumped the shark and they weren't shocked at anything that came afterwards.

I think it set the tone pretty well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.