[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0940.jpg (373 KB, 2000x2000)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
Is it just me or is it a sad tale of a man who never felt he measured up. Regardless how rich he got he could not escape he grew up poor and feel that he is not accepted in the upper class. And he brings on the protaganist as a friend since they are of similar class originally. thoughts?
>>
yes anon great gatsby is good. congrats on passing high school english
>>
>>204700674
>Is it just me or
no that is everyone's interpretation
>>
File: greatgastby.jpg (394 KB, 1243x537)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>Interrupts your story
>>
>>204700726
are there any stories of a guy actually having it made or at least being able to enjoy and feel at home in the luxury he’s gotten?
>>
>>204700674
Class complex is a hard challenge.
>>
>>204700674
It’s not just you, that’s exactly what the book is about. True blue blooded high society acceptance is what Daisy represents. He can’t ever really have her or it.
>>
>>204700756
>black people didn't exist in 1920s NY
c'mon now
also that whole part is meant to show decadent and absurd the city was
>Anything can happen now that we’ve slid over this bridge,’ I thought; ‘anything at all. . . .’ Even Gatsby could happen, without any particular wonder.
>>
>>204701090
and the Jay-Z?
contemporary music does not belong in a period film
>>
>>204701164
i agree the music was out of place, but i can see why they did it - modern audiences wouldn't feel the exhilaration of 1920s jazz
>>
File: ayyy lmao.jpg (102 KB, 1080x943)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>204701164
so read the book you fucking common-folk
>>
>>204701001
>got a gonnection
They are evil. God made them ugly to warn you from suffering them to live, let alone slaving away for them.

Gadsby's used by them as a frontman because he's good-looking.
The husband the author's jealous of, who was a fan of the book The Rise of the Colored Races, was 100% right in his concern that whites needed to take measures to maintain our rule or become overwhelmed by brown hordes.
>>
>>204701298
common people don't read books dumbass
>>
>>204701231
>i agree the music was out of place, but i can see why they did it - modern audiences wouldn't feel the exhilaration of 1920s jazz
wut
>>
>>204701416
The recording quality was shit. It sounds like it was cut on a portable cassette player. Hard to get fist pumping to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR6_9oPUoTs
>>
>>204701164
The OP movie is from the 70s, that predates Jay-Z by some.
>>
>>204701385
No, they watch movies w/ Jay-Z soundtracks..

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.