[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1729487837078.jpg (142 KB, 1200x800)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
Alien 1979
Ripley didn't do shit all movie other than bitch and whine.
How is she considered heroic?
>>
>>204709585
that scene where you see her pubis mons thru her panties
>>
>>204709620
Her body was disgusting
Her waist was as wide as her narrow non-existent hips
Her ass was inverted
>>
She's annoying and bitchy but makes the most sensible decisions and by the last act she's genuinely struggling inch by inch in terror with this monster. It's heroic for a character that afraid to still struggle forward, unlike Lambert who breaks into hysterics and freezes every opportunity.
>>
>>204709585
She lucks her way out. Still, why does Parker run at the Xenomorph? And why does Kain inspect the alien egg face-first? Those flaws annoy the hell out of me.
>>
>>204709585
she saved the cat
>>
Here is a question. Let's say they did exactly what the company said to do. So they actually followed quarantine protocol. So how would the company get the alien?
>>
>>204709838
>Decisions
No she doesn't
She literally just continues the decision made by the captain after he dies
>>
>>204711092
Why do you think ash was on board?
>>
>>204709585
I don't like her. How many 80s alien movies she is in?
>>
>>204709691
>picky turbovirgin troon
no one cares what you find attractive
>>
>>204712033
>troon
>Says the faggot simping for a man-bod man-faced troon
Kek
>>
>>204711158
SHE KEPT THE DOORS SHUT ON KANE, THE ROBOT OVERRODE THEM.

SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE SHOWING CAUTION (IE: NOT THINKING ABOUT THE BONUS SITUATION OR RUNNING TO A HIDDEN AGENDA).

BUT, THE IDEA OF THE MOVIE WAS THE AUDIENCE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO REALLY KNOW WHO WAS GOING TO SURVIVE BY GIVING THE CAPTAIN A LOT OF "HERO" SCENES RIGHT UP UNTIL HE DISAPPEARS. THEN SHE TAKES CENTER STAGE AND RETAINS A SENSE OF FURTHER CAUTION RELATING TO ONGOING EVENTS, LIKE WHEN SHE GOES AND CHECKS THE MOTHER LOGS TO SEE IF THERE'S SOMETHING SHE'S MISSING.

>"CREW EXPENDABLE"
THAT'S WHEN ROBOT GUY TRIES TO MAKE HER EAT A PLAYBOY.
>>
>>204709691
The vault dwelling kiss less virgin burger speaks, sit down spastic - you're giving me a headache.
>>
>>204709585
Because she ended up taking charge and 1v1'd the xeno. Her reputation as an action hero comes more from Aliens, though.
>>
>>204709585
this movie sucks balls. avp was better
>>
>>204709585
Didn't buckle under the pressure. Kept a level head and constantly made logical decisions. Everyone around her kept doing stupid shit. Either nefariously or they just didn't want to rock the boat because they were too interested in getting home and getting paid. She was more interested in them surviving

I wouldn't say she's heroic, at least in the first movie. More of a survivor, everyone else was too busy getting themselves killed. She did everything she could to help everyone else. They chose the path of getting xeno rape. Her and the cat were like "Okay then, sucks to be you guys, but ya did it to yourselves"
>>
File: w1500_45827238.jpg (148 KB, 1200x817)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
righ-AGHHHHRRGHGHGHGH

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.