[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1698838372769939.gif (1.2 MB, 480x360)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB GIF
DON'T HIT ME
I'LL HIT ME
I'M CRAZY!
>>
>>204738776
As someone who's seen every episode, Arnold would never do this. So this episode is annoying to me.
>>
>>204738859
actually anon *post first season Arnold* would never do this. Arnold is season one is well rounded character who actually shows more emotion than being the "nice everyman" character.
>>
>>204738776
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvJj-kpmsdM
>>
>>204738899
S2 Arnold is different from the one later on as well I think, but yeah there's no topping season 1 in charm. I don't know why these shows start of with such unique art styles and then sterilize them over time. Imagine Rugrats that stuck with the look of the pilot
>>
>>204738960
what the fuck? i have never seen this, did they just rarely air this episode?
>>
>>204738965
first season has no critic/network input. they just make what they know and love. every consectuvive season is based on "what did the audience love/hate? what do the execs want us to push? how can we make the show cheaper to animate?" etc

its like music albums where the early stuff often starts out good then gets worse with corporate meddlings + burnout
>>
>>204738776
Why does he wear a skirt?
>>
>>204738776
Was there a single 90s kid show that actually gave good advice on how to deal with bullies? Because this was probably one of the stupidest ways out of a fight. You'd think with how popular this plot was, at least one would say something intelligent.
>>
>>204739077
Same thing happened to ren and stimpy after season 2.
>>
>>204738999
>did they just rarely air this episode?
thankfully
>>
>>204738999
pilot episode. also seen in the movie theaters before Harriet the Spy started i think
>>
>>204738965
>unique art styles and then sterilize them over time. Imagine Rugrats that stuck with the look of the pilot
money. the answer is always money. peter chung directed the rugrats pilot and designed the characters and that's it. notice how in the pilot, nothing looks incohesive. it's actually beautiful. without his direction, less talented storyboard artists and underpaid animators don't know what to do with this avant-garde style. over time, the art just looks ugly as sin. klasky+csupo saw rugrats performing well, "if it aint broke, don't fix it", and literally just slapped on a dysgenic version of chung's style onto every. single. one. of. their. shows.
>>
>>204739157
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvjdfSM2ov8
linking the pilot here
>>
>>204738960
https://youtu.be/-N9mK_GKQmA?t=437
>>
>>204739191
all this time ive never seen the pilot before. damn this is actually good. the weird art style makes sense now.
and the guy from DEVO did the music, nice
>>
>>204738899
S1 really nailed the urban aesthetic of the show from the episodes centered around their neighborhood myths to the characters. Later seasons just flanderized them or exaggerated their worst traits. Helga turns alot more spiteful, Arnold becomes an eternal moralfag, his grandparents don't do much anymore and so on.
>>
>>204739212
based autistic Arnold
>>
>>204738999
It must have aired enough because I remember it pretty well. Especially the slide he does on the water. I injured myself attempting it.
>>
>>204739280
the VA for Arnold sounded way more natural. He would get depressed, angry, embarrassed, and sometimes dangerous. a far cry from how he was in the later seasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H67hGgfT_iw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTeM8bVloME

>>204739374
they remade the pilot for the TV show and called it "24 Hours to Live"
>>
>>204739090
There is no good way to deal with bullies, they're usually stronger than you and they end up in positions of power so there's no way to fight back. What advice do you give?
>>
>>204739079
He's french
>>
>>204738776
surprise carnival day is still prophetic to this day
>>
was very surprised to learn phoebe's VA was hot as fuck.
>>
>>204740531
lets see anon
>>
>>204740546
I vaguely remember vignettes on nick with the main kids but not her. I thought it was cool they had actual kids playing kids. I learned later this is hell on production since them going through puberty makes you have to recast. wolfgang and ludwig were in fact the first two arnolds. `
>>
>>204740845
cute!
>>
>>204738899
Based.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.