[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Ari_Aster_2018.jpg (26 KB, 302x402)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
so is this guy just a professional cuck? ive now seen 3 movies hes played a pivotal role in producing and i shudder to think how weak and self effacing the person responsible for these production decisions must be. as a man, they actually embarrass me. or am i just being a pleb and missing something? would love to hear thoughts

incidentally, nicolas cage was pretty good in dream scenario
>>
>>204742469
Apparently his next movie, Eddington, is gonna be a doozy. The thrust of the movie is about a guy who decides to run for mayor after refusing to wear a face mask at the supermarket, his political slogan being: "I can't breathe". Starring Joaquin Phoenix, of course.
>>
>>204742820
i was just reading about it. he supposedly 'isnt taking sides' which...just lol. being a massive fucking pussy is still very much a social opinion that informs your view of morality.
>>
>>204742820
If he put more emphasis on the comedy instead of drama, it has the potential to be really good.

The first 30 minutes of Beau is Afraid is hysterical.
>>
>>204742863
Yeah it will probably be like Civil War (2024) where California and Texas were "on the same side" so as to obfuscate the political aspects of the movie.
>>
>>204742909
theres a very clear repeating, idk, theme? theme probably isnt the right word. but every movie seems to have this 'men showing any agency or masculinity whatsoever is toxic' which is pretty depressing because im not even sure he knows how cucked he is. he seems to think its just normal enough to be a 'neutral' opinion
>>
>>204742469
Didn’t this guy make a short film about a black dad getting raped by his son?
>>
>>204743042
i wouldnt doubt it. seems right up his alley. he probably got talked out of casting himself in it.
>>
>>204743042
yea lol
>>
>>204742957
>>204743042
I was gonna say; even if Ari is a cuck he's still got balls of steel. Imagine having the balls to write a script where the opening scene is a young boy jerking off to a photo of his dad, and then you share it with other people in the hopes of recruiting a cast and crew to make your vision a reality.
>>
>>204743124
nah hes just a degenerate bisexual member of the tribe trying to seem edgy
>>
>>204743124
small potatoes in current year california tbqhwymn
t.californian
>>
>>204742469
He's your average neurotic NYC jew.
>>
>>204743171
your average neurotic nyc jew used to be woody allen though. this guy sucks compared to him and woody allen already sucked pretty hard to begin with. at least that guy had some shred of a notion of masculinity

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.