[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pso2_new_vegas.jpg (367 KB, 1000x1409)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
wat went wong?
>>
Combat? Ace.
Character creation? Ace.
Music? Synth retard.
Story? Retard.
Graphics? Daaaaamn this a PS4 game?
Gacha? Yes.
>>
It removed everything that made vanilla PSO2 appealing.
>>
>>683780775
It’s the same game. Tired of these Base Cucks.
>>
It's the only way the were able to force you to use the shitty grafted on gacha and grind mechanics that weren't able to be fully integrated in pso2. So while you could ignore them in pso2, ng makes it so you can't possibly ignore grinding and gacha.
>>
How often is this shill gonna keep reminding people this game is barely existing. Your games only redeeming quality is the character customization but even then that has drawn in the mentally ill in droves making sure the game never retains normal players
>>
>>683781496
then how cum the combat the best in the all time
>>
>>683781293
Please, PSO is a Diablo clone based on grinding everything out.
>>
>>683776932
i dont know why but the keybinds and combat fluidity doesnt feel as snapy
>>
>>683776932
>get the guy that almost killed pso2 to direct the sequel
>it kills pso2 and itself immediately
wow amazing who could have seen this coming.
>>
>>683781954
It’s because there’s deceleration on the movement in NGS. I’m PSO2, try running around and you’ll stop immediately.
>>
>>683782140
How can one man kill a game?
>>
>>683781929
And just like Diablo, the first game is still the only good one.
>>
Seems like the mentally ill tranny obsessed spammer getting banned multiple times yesterday made him go even more mentally ill because he already back to spam another trhead with the same retarded reddit copypastas with false info from 3 years ago.
>>
>>683778901
>combat
>worse than base for literally 0 reason
>ace
kill yourself jesus christ
>>
>>683782759
It’s the same 6 skills you can just jump higher in NGS.

If the argument is enemy design, then ok.
>>
>>683782639
Sometime I wonder if these sort of posters are even human.
I’m starting to think the site just runs bots that spam stuff based on keywords for user retention via arguing.
>>
File: 1699551778637392.gif (1.86 MB, 300x300)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>>683783195
>no JA
>no mags
>no interesting techs that aren't just do damage (zanverse, megiverse ect)
>weapons have less PAs than base
>the PAs that exist look like shit compared to the ones from base
>pb is just a le epic cutscene attack instead of your mag doing shit
>no halfway decent repeatable content to even use said half assed combat in, do your fomo LQ and 1 EQ boss every 8 months and dont forget to tip (buy the 5 scratches pumped out every week)
DIE DIE DIE DIE
>>
>>683778901
Other than fashion, music is literally the only thing NGS did right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQc3UQmlN0
>>
>>683783724
You’re right bro, the MAG. You win.
>>
>>683776932
everything
>combat revolves around parry/iframe, positioning means nothing
>loot is 99% uninteresting, weapons are just stat sticks
>open world is meaningless even after 3 years
>Devs care more about releasing gacha scratches than the game itself
>slow as fuck updates with minimalistic rehashed shit
>a TON of quests that for some reason are mostly limited and go away

the only good thing about this game is the customization of your characters. A fucking shame that SEGA is plagued with incompetency
>>
>>683783724
pb is the same shit as cpa from base sweety
>do your fomo LQ and 1 EQ boss
>she's so shit she can't get into falz bosses which are now 2 months apart
>nc lc and lq are not repeatable content because i said so
back to /vg/
>>
Do you think we will ever get another PSO game ever again? Or is the future of this franchise trending towards forgotten gacha games
>>
LQ is not repeatable because they fucking remove it forever after the month is over retard kill yourself
>>
File: kino.jpg (1.74 MB, 1920x1080)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>Main weapons are treated like weapon types, and are a package of normal attacks, photon arts (PA), and weapon actions. Each has a short press and a long press operation, so 12 types of actions can be used by combining just two main weapons.
>The difference from characters is that triple jumps are possible, and three types of evasive actions can be used by combining directional input and jumps while locked on. Also, if the sub-weapon is set to "SA-1HMP Fenrir", continuous steps can be used.
>beats the shit out of your gay ass legacy classes' movesets and even AIS memes
HAHAHAHAHAHA
N-successors are here
>>
they replace LQs with something else for you to repeat the next month actually, kill yourself disingenuous retard
>hurr durr i WANT to repeat [shitty truck defense lq] so much after it's gone!!
said nobody ever
>>
>>683781207
>it's the same game
>plays nothing like vanilla pso2
>>
>>683781207
>>683787467
even vanilla pso2 was two different games, pre-ep4 and post-ep4
everything after ep4 up to today is indeed the same though
i'd even say the balance is far less dogshit today
>>
>>683787658
Hero class ruined everything
>>
>combat revolves around parry/iframe, positioning means noth--- ACK
>>
This will sound stupid, but PSO as a series has some of the best beginning enemies in gaming.

It’s on par with shit like Ocarina. Think of the Boomers, the wolves. They all teach and utilise different sorts of movement from the getgo.

Even PSO2NG has this too. It’s a shame the level design in both games is flat, even if by choice.
>>
>>683788737
>the darkers with the platform you can jump onto and hit the back of its head
>rolling niggers you can bait into objects to topple them
>fat ass with the back weak spot and a second weak spot that you can expose by freezing its belly then shattering it
>giraffes with the weakspot way up in the air
>bosses with sealable attack patterns depending on what you break
yeah contrary to what people say both pso2 and ngs had interesting enemies. unfortunately these also tend to become cumbersome to deal with when you've played the game long enough and you just brute force them with sheer damage
>>
>>683788075
dead on arrival content then, the combat and enemies clearly are not balanced around positioning at all
>>
>>683789403
any encounter where a blaze shot nigger can swerve around without getting hit is positioning-friendly enough
>>
>>683788075
I sure do love this fucking meme of hey you enjoy playing the phantasy star series grinding gear to play classes you enjoy like Hunter or Ranger? Too bad fuck you hop in the generic gimmick weapon system that has nothing to do with your base class. Very fun fucking die you stupid faggots jesus christ.
>>
>>683789869
The weapons here are literally Hunter/Ranger weapons but bigger and the original Dark Blast design of putting you inside a fursona that has nothing to do with your class OR your character was even gayer
>>
>>683790145
>The weapons here are literally Hunter/Ranger weapons but bigger
good thing Hunter and ranger are the only classes that exist in phantasy star online 2 new genesis huh
>Dark Blast
that was shit too
>nothing to do with your character
it did though but only if you give a shit about bases story. Point is neither should exist and are a waste of development resources just like fucking limited quests and the card game.
>>
>>683776932
>no content
>tranny cm destoyed the global server
>bad story
>killed pso2
>>
>>683776932
too much inventory clutter, constantly having to sort through inventory and remove stuff to make space so you can fill it up again after the next mission.
>>
>>683790327
>it did though
Not it litterally didn't, Had the option to pick and of the forms you wanted no matter what class you were using. Dark Blast was completely detached from your class.
>>
>>683789869
This just the reintroduction of SUV weapons, something PSU use to have and people wanted to come back for like the longest.
>>
new content in New Genesis is like:
>Here's a new class/mechanic/feature!
>Now go use it in the same areas on the same enemies you have been fighting for 3+ years but with more HP!
>>
File: btfo.png (25 KB, 462x251)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>globaltrannies in charge of spreading misinformation on the internet
but of course
>>
Downloading this again right now.
>>
>>683792230
I ment character, the dark blasts are story wise part of your character because of the schizo personalities sharing your brain. But yes its completely detached from class and shouldn't be a thing. The only thing I accept as an alternative gameplay style is AIS because nigga you cant breathe in space.

>>683792428
You mean shit that was tied to race like the beast transformations? If it was race specific I would have less of an issue with it but its just a shitty gameplay addition that takes away from the actual classes which is retarded and shouldn't happen.
>>
>>683788069
>SEGA actually let the same retard responsible for Hero and EP5 direct NGS
>>
>>683776932
Anon, the rule is one NGS thread per week
>>
File: Cast_Nia.png (953 KB, 747x1301)
953 KB
953 KB PNG
>>683776932
Idk i was expecting casts to be more robotic
>>
>>683794354
Cute!
>>
""classes"" and "mains" are gay faggot shit that should've been rightfully abolished a long time ago
>oh yeah i looooove playing one weapon over and over
kys. AIS broke up the absolute monotony that was playing pso2 classes
>>
PSOBB is the best
Trannies killed NGS
>>
>>683782140
I'm convinced that Sega is run by gambling business nepo babies. It's the only way to explain how they fumble literally every single videogame franchise they own, and even an entire fucking CONSOLE, but still remain in business. It would explain the absolutely retarded decisions they make because the people in charge don't care or are a dumb nepo baby no one can tell "no that's a retarded idea". And it's also Japan so there's already very little ability for a junior to tell a senior the senior's idea is stupid.
>>
Why does it feel like these threads are filled with several tripfags
>>
>garm and nignoggr's animations
god i'm fucking cumming
>>683797634
these threads are just /pso2g/ rejects recycling their doomer script they've been doing for 3 years and referencing some tranny drama no one knows about anymore
>>
>>683798012
>doomer
ok so give back pso2 before they shat it all up, the only way to get it back is for NGS to die and EOS so stop enabling the retards at sega
>>
>>683797536
It’s not far from the truth. Lot of Japanese gaming companies have gambling investors don’t they? Konami is an example.
>>
>>683776932
Released without enough content.
Simple as
>>
>>683782449
PSO is good, PSU is good, PSO2 is good, PSO2NGS is mid
>>
File: dead gl.png (243 KB, 793x737)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>683798241
you will get your private server when they pull base's life support next year because they're already taking steps to do it with the perma pso2 day shit
>>
God I hope ngs global shuts down so this retard will actually kill himself
>>
File: ngs killer btw.png (245 KB, 593x551)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
>>683798629
same, hopefully these retards won't move on to shit up the other healthy community out of sheer butthurtery. the geoblock and hiragana boss (forma de ultra hard) should stay up forever
>>
>>683787658
We need a progressive pserf that goes from beta to ep1 to ep2 to ep3 and then resets
>>
>>683776932
>wat went wong?
You still making threads about this game
>>
>>683798849
>people hyped up for blue protocol when it's literally worse in every way than NGS which is already fucking shit
There is no hope for japanese MMOs
>>
>>683798849
if they ever get passed the great filter they'd get insta banned anyway for being turbo obnoxious retards and pissing off natives
>>
>>683788075
Looks fun
>>
>>683798849
Based NGS, FUCKING Kek at Blue Protocol
>>
>>683798849
No one ever says what this list actually means.
>>
>>683799169
It's how much money every game on the playstation store made in japan.
Which is why gachas like genshin and NGS are so high up due to whales.
>>
>>683799169
The ranking column is sales and the rating column is user sentiment.
4.27 out of 5 is very good, it translates to a 8.5/10. It seems the game's reputation has recovered in Japan because HMZK, the guy who pissed off the entirety of JP's playerbase in Ep.5. started having public appearances, doing interviews, and even going to an offline meeting with PSO2 players next month.
>>
File: 1684891506998970.png (1.71 MB, 1200x1775)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
NGS is best game
>>
>>683799465
Or you know the people who liked pso2 just stopped playing and only the ERPers are left, who obviously like the new direction of the game since it's just made for them.
>>
File: kill yourself.png (101 KB, 786x323)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>683799587
unlikely considering ngs was originally appended to pso2 to keep sunk cost fags playing
>ERPers
global would know about it better than anyone because fucking shit these people suck cocks at everything from arks record to solos and most feedback coming from that side are anti-gameplay slop like this
>>
Pedophile Safe space Online 2
>>
>>683799465
But episode 5 was 8 years ago wasn’t it? It took that long to restore relations?
>>
>>683799919
Except the only benefit to having ngs parasite itself onto pso2 is so that ERPers can keep their cosmetics they whaled for.
>>
>>683776932
>wipe out years of updates and content with a hard reset
>replace it with nothing
I'm still mad.
>>
>>683798849
source on this?
>>
>>683789687
Here's an exhaustive list of end game content, both current and within the past 6 months, where you can safely maintain blaze shot for 30 or more seconds within optimal range without a high chance of having to cancel out for the iframes:
>the final 30 seconds of Malignant Solus
That one is pushing it a bit, since sitting outside of his explosive bubble puts you at risk of the occasional falling shard, but the chance of getting hit by that "5% chance of fuck you for using fear eraser" move is low enough to consider it acceptable.
>>
>>683798012
>it's not just you making these threads because you notice that the game will EoS soon on global with current numbers
>it's not you freaking out trying to lure new people into wasting time on that bare skinnerbox game
>>
>>683800808
I thought the shard was a bug and even if i get hit it only happens once
>>
>>683799919
Removing augments is a great idea but exclusively for ARKS Records. Everyone should have normalized stats there so the P2W shitters get put back into the position that life spent so much time preparing for them. I always shit on everyone by taking #1 for my class repeatedly when I'm missing 10%ish potency, so really it'd just make you fags stop looking so shit in comparison.

No, I don't care how bad you'd feel inside for spending $500 to build an identical second weapon but with Blastor 5 for the purpose of doing 9.8% extra damage on your photon blast. Fuck you.
>>
>>683800914
>implying these threads weren't ragebait made by a /vg/ schizo with a hateboner for the game
if it's going to EoS soon just let it naturally happen, don't talk about it, don't bump these threads. seeking out and making these threads only to kvetch and remind everyone that it's really reeeeeaaally dying for real this time doesn't do anything but make astute people notice your gaslighting campaigns, especially when it went on for three whole years
basically pso2's barryfag kek
>>
the game has serious balance issues between low fps players and high fps players due to everything being client side. playing on a console is a disadvantage.
>>
File: file.png (290 KB, 753x869)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
oh no no no
>>
>>683780775
Vanilla PSO2 was appealing?
>>
File: jesuschrist.png (166 KB, 746x664)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>683801469
you guys think new shit is gonna go under NGS pop wise?
Imagine fucking up harder than SEGA like how would it even be possible
>>
People forget how players clamoured for more open areas given PSO2’s instances.
>>
>ngs tranny has to deflect to other shit games to cover up for his joke of a game
>>
How solid is the anticheat? I like the gameplay but I'm not running around to collect fruits and minerals
>>
>>683801553
For a 2012 game, I think so.
>>
>>683793994
Nevermind, what the fuck did they do? Deleted...
>>
Its crazy the amount of trannies and pedos that play this game. They just keep coming in waves.
>>
>>>/vg/487697673
>>
>>683776932
they waited way too long to bring pso2 to the west
>>
Syberbolt won.
>>
Why don't they just make PSO3?
>>
>>683806705
Trannies will seethe that all their cash shop items are gone
>>
>>683806782
But they'll just spend again anyway so who cares
>>
File: hv7pflm.png (117 KB, 366x317)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>683806096
https://pso2blog.wordpress.com/tag/pso2-sea/
They didn't wait. Sega just doesn't care. Right when pso2 was going to release to the west, SEA got exclusive right to English and block the west release. Then sea proceed to fuck it up. Sega gave up and kept pso2 as a jap only game . It only when Microsoft gave Sega money and servers that it got release this late
>>
I sort of feel like playing again
Convince me not to
>>
>>683807704
It's shit.
>>
>>683807704
If you play it for 5 minutes you'll want to uninstall again, so just save yourself the time.
>>
>>683776932
everything
>>
>>683792579
Better that than adding new mechanics that blow ass (the Snowboards).
>>
>>683798012
>doomer script they've been doing for 3 years
Buddy, NGS is hitting cap 100 March '25. It's never been more Joever than now.
>>
>>683776932
SEGA's nepotism as always
>Shitty director almost kills the game once
>Lets give him the next project!!! What could possibly go wrong!?
If sega was a bit competetnt they would still have their console
>>
is HE lurking?
>>
>>683809583
it looks cool as fuck desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esf4cvnaxVE
i hope the next weapon is scythe
>>
>>683810501
*snapshotted*
>>
game sucks

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.