[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dw0.png (1.68 MB, 1539x879)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGhfRz61ccI
TL:DW:
>Starts a few years before the Yellow Turbans's rebellion
>Cast turned younger
>Dialogue choices in cutscenes
>Pre battle camp screen/scene
>Explorable overworld map like how FF used to do
>Peons are more active, you need to parry them their attacks sometimes
>You can take control of armies, similar to bladestorm, there is an absolute fuck huge number of characters on scream

Seems to be this is a new mainline game instead of a spin-off as declared by many
>>
>>683789986
>gameplay revealed
It's literally like every other musou ever made ever lmao
>>
>>683790095
Not really, This is more tatical.
>>
File: dw0.png (3.22 MB, 1916x891)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB PNG
Going to be posting characters now.
Yuan Shao
>>
File: dw0.png (2.63 MB, 1565x875)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB PNG
Zhang Jiao
>>
File: dw0.png (1.86 MB, 1791x771)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB PNG
Hulao Gate
Left to Right:
>Cheng Gong (int. DW8)
>Cheng Pu (int. DW9)
>Yuan Shu (int. DW9)
>Beardless Cao Cao
>Yuan Shao
>Sun Jian
>Liu Bei
>Xiahou Dun
>Protagonist
>>
File: dw0.png (839 KB, 744x673)
839 KB
839 KB PNG
Guan Yu
>>
File: dw0.png (1.48 MB, 1322x693)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
You play as a nameless protagonist
You can name them
Unknown if you can customize him or change the gender
>>
File: dw0.png (1.21 MB, 1338x690)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
Preparation camp
>>
File: dw0.png (2.14 MB, 1345x702)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
Overworld map
>>
>>683790360
Hot!
>>
File: dw0.png (2.34 MB, 1337x709)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
Now it's in Hulao gate.
The main location reads "Joint Army Camp"
Notice the places you can walk to. The Hulao battlefield is in yellow.
>>
>>683791291
>>683790626
It’s actually Sishui Gate

>>683790990
Considering how it seems like we have to go through an entire tutorial battle with Guan Yu before being able to name the protagonist, the game most likely won’t have character creator
>>
File: dw0.png (1.55 MB, 1018x679)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
When you enter a battle, you get this sleek banners showing the forces present and a description of the battle.
You can see Cao, Yuan, Sun and Liu in one side and Dong in the other
>>
File: dw0.png (777 KB, 1217x693)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
>>683791472
Thanks
Anyway, Battles are back to classic-style maps.
>>
File: dw0.png (893 KB, 1274x691)
893 KB
893 KB PNG
>>683791609
>>
File: dw0.png (1.59 MB, 1904x1060)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>683791745
A look at the battle UI.
It seems you will be able to duel the enemy.
>>
File: dw0.png (2.13 MB, 1545x855)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
Look at how many soldiers there are, i hope this game is optimized
>>
>>683791609
>actually level design
It’s so beautiful, holy shit! Never thought I’d see this day again.
>>
File: Tak.jpg (5 KB, 300x168)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>683789986
>4:15
WAN MIRRION TROOBS
>>
File: dw0.png (2.13 MB, 1544x855)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
You get an animation at full morale.
>>
File: dw0.png (347 KB, 566x291)
347 KB
347 KB PNG
>>683792136
This is about it.
Hopefully the tread lasts longer than 10 minutes.
>>
>>683790990
If you have to be male, I wonder if it's because there's gonna be stuff like becoming a lord, getting fiefs and then you have to marry/make a family
>>
>>683792278
>actually level design
>morale system
>enemy is actually aggressive as fuck
>actually march forward together with your Allie’s to fight
We are so fucking back, /eagg/ bros!
>>
Will this please the obsessive, rabid PS2 boomers?
>>
File: ARE YA READY GUYS.jpg (158 KB, 1320x900)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>683792553
Basara should make a come back and fix the travesty that is Sanada-den.
>>
>create a tranny
>dialogue options
>more cutscenes than gameplay
>maps are 90% corridors
damn
musou has been complete trash after the ps2 era but this looks like an all time low
>>
>>683793156
>capcom series that had diminishing returns, flopped horribly and later had a gacha that got shut down in less than a year
>coming back
>>
>>683793175
>musou has been complete trash after the ps2 era
how can you be this wrong?
>>
>>683793175
>create a tranny
obsessed
>dialogue options
so?
>more cutscenes than gameplay
The gameplay was skipped for time, tard. Looking at the rate, battles might as well take an hour.
>maps are 90% corridors
you are a retard>>683791745
>>
>>683789986
This looks like the game they wanted to make on the PS2 but couldn't due to the tech
>>
>>683790095
>It's literally like every other musou
As if you're retarded ass has actually played them? Fuck off
>>
>>683792472
If theres no character customization then romance and marriage mechanics is the only thing that will make me consider buying it. I'd still rather play a DWempires game though where I can customize the waifu as well as the lord.
>>
>>683793020
No, there's already a schizo in here bitching about how everything after the PS2 era was "bad"
>>
>DW4 music
Yep, 'tis kino
>>
>>683790771
The hell is that? Who stole his mustache?
>>
I think the nameless protag will be Liao Hua all along.
Given the dialogue choices, you will be able to join Shu, Wu or Wei.
I wonder how or if they will incorporate playing as Lu Bu or Yuan Shao.
>>
>>683794062
Me
>>
You CAN play as the other characters then, since we see Guan Yu as a playable character. It was delusional thinking that the protag and only the protag was playable

I'm liking that the character models are good, detailed and not with clipping textures on their clothes/weapons.

I've already put my mind that there will definitely be clones, I think we aren't getting everyone unique ever again, but at least I'm hoping for a decent amount of good weapons with fun movesets to play around.

The final fantasy overworld map is such a neat idea, much better than Dynasty Warriors 9's open world.

Some characters have new designs, some don't, which is fine. Not everyone needs a new redesign every game too. Sun Jian seems to have longer hair, Liu Bei is all about the sandals vendor design lol, and Zhang Jiao went from goofy to a handsome fellow!
It honestly looks like the game they always wanted to make but weren't capable of because of previous hardware limitations. They were always talking about huge armies facing off but we never got to really see that before Origins.
I also don't expect this to be a spin-off at all; so much seems to have been put into this game, it's super different yet familiar. Seems like the biggest budget a Dynasty Warriors did have, plus the fact that they said they wanted a new era for Dynasty Warriors, thus changing the logo, and also the one from Omega Force specifically for this game. They aren't doing all of that just for a spin-off. This is the next mainline entry.
>>
>>683789986
That's all good and dandy.
But, can I marry Xiaohun Dun?
>>
>>683789986
looks alright honestly
hope it's good cus i had a musou itch last year and was incredibly disappointed to find all the new ones have only gone backwards from the ps2 games
>>
>>683789986
>13 min gameplay
>4 min cutscene at the start
lmao
>>
>>683789986
I'm glad to see we're getting a new game. Damn it, I love these characters and am excited to continue to hang out with Xiahou Dun. He's my boy.
>>
>>683791745
By the way the Dong Zhuo officers are Li Jue & Niu Fu
>>
>>683793663
It would make sense tbqh. Sure women can be a fighter in these games but I don't think they can be a lord. It would explain why you had to be a man, as a lord you gotta help making babies to help repopulate the army.
>>
Please tell us how the development of this work started.
>While many fans have supported the “Shin-Sangoku Musou” series, I feel that there are also fans who have left the series for various reasons. In order to make “Shin-Sangoku Musou” even more popular in the future, including overseas, we felt that it was necessary to encourage existing fans to play the game again and to increase the number of new “Shin-Sangoku Musou” fans. To this end, we went back to the basics and considered what the appeal of “Shin-Sangoku Musou” was, and launched the project for this title.
>While there may be a straightforward evolutionary direction, such as increasing the number of stories and characters in the series, we felt that a more significant evolution in gameplay was necessary to move into the new era ahead. Therefore, we decided to “go back to the roots” of the unique appeal of “Shin-Sangoku Musou” and evolve its gameplay, so that players can enjoy the new “Musou” fun that can only be realized in the future. Shin-Sangoku Musou ORIGINS” aims to let players enjoy the new ‘Dynasty Warriors’ fun that can only be realized today.

In (DW9), there are about 90 playable characters, but you didn't go in the direction of adding more?

>Yes, we did. There is a limit to the amount of time you can play a game, but there is also a limit to the volume of content that can be produced and included in a game. The more variations of characters we add, the more difficult it becomes to portray each character in depth, and the less energy we can devote to other aspects of the game. In creating this title, we are not interested in the appeal of having a large number of characters, but in the evolution and deepening of the gameplay and the epic storyline, which will provide the most exhilarating and intense “Sanguozhi” experience in the history of the series.
>>
>>683793156
The Sanada game was so bad it's the first time I've ever seen the "if you don't buy this game we'll shelve the series" card get the "if it's going to be this shit, good" response from fans.
>>
I guess you could have made it a numbered title, but is there a reason why you named it “Shin Mikuni Musou ORIGINS”?
>The theme of the game is “return to the origin” and the content of the game is the same, so we wanted to make it a title that would be straightforward. In fact, some people in the company said, “Wouldn't it be better to make the game numbered? But we wanted to make an open-world game as a new challenge. However, we finally decided that it would be better not to call it “Shin-Sangoku Musou ORIGINS” because the theme of this title is a return to the roots of the series, and there are many aspects that differ from the recent series, even more so than the previous title “Shin-Sangoku Musou 8” which introduced an open world as a new challenge.
>This title is not a derivative or an offshoot of the series, but a new title in the mainline of the series, and as such, it is equivalent to a numbered title. So what will happen to “Shin-Sangoku Musou 9”? (Laughs.) Rather than thinking about past titles or future titles, I'm currently focusing on “What is the fun of ‘Shin-Sangoku Musou’? When the development of this title settles down, I will think about the future.
>>
File: wo-long-ice-sword.jpg (434 KB, 1920x1080)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
>nameless protag
So we go Wo Long again?
>>
How did you come up with the game concept for this title when you decided on the theme of “going back to the basics”?

>The pillars of the game as a whole are “overwhelmingly large armies” and “overwhelming exhilaration. Looking back to the past, the “Shin-Mikuni Musou” series always aimed to “express the battlefield by maximizing the hardware specs”.
>When the PlayStation 2 was released, we started by asking ourselves, “What can we do with this hardware? This led to the first “Shin-Sangoku Musou”, which featured a large number of soldiers and simulated the battlefield itself. When it came to the PlayStation 3, we designed “Shin-Sangoku Musou 5” with the same idea in mind.
>This time, with the generation of PlayStation 5, we thought we could depict the realistic feeling of the battlefield on a higher spec hardware. If we could display more soldiers than ever before, we thought we could evolve the realism of the battlefield and the exhilaration of single combat.
>>
I thought that the number of soldiers displayed had reached a certain point, including in “Warriors OROCHI3 Ultimate” and other games. But this time, when I saw the video, I was really surprised at the sheer number of soldiers, to the point of saying, “There are so many! I was really surprised by the sheer number of soldiers.
>From the very beginning of the project, I asked the programmers, “Just get as many soldiers as you can! I was just saying that, but my team mates were really impressed. I did nothing more than say so, but my teammates really worked hard and we were able to produce the overwhelming number of soldiers that we have today. When I first saw the partially assembled product, I was surprised at how many soldiers we could produce (laughs). (laughs).
>(Laughs). We were able to display such a large number of soldiers partly because of our accumulated know-how, but also because of advances in hardware specifications and technology. Roughly speaking, compared to games such as “Shin-Sangoku Musou 7” and >“Shin-Sangoku Musou 8,” the number of soldiers is more than 10 times larger, even if we estimate it low.
>In other words, what was previously displayed as 100 soldiers is now displayed as 1,000 soldiers. The maximum number of soldiers displayed on a single screen is now more than several thousand. This is truly thanks to the efforts of our staff.
>Compared to other countries, such as Japan, the number of soldiers is more than 10 times higher, even at a low estimate.
>In other words, what used to be displayed as 100 soldiers is now displayed as 1,000 soldiers. The maximum number of soldiers displayed on a single screen is now more than several thousand. It is really thanks to the efforts of our staff.
>>
>>683793156
Sanada was the final nail in the coffin, but the series was fucked when 4 launched so barebones.
>>
Speaking of control characters, we have heard that this title will be fought by controlling the main character. Why did you set up an original protagonist?
>One of the important themes of this game was to depict the world of the Three Kingdoms well. There are many novels, manga, anime, movies, and our “Sangokushi” series, but I think there are only a few that allow you to deeply enjoy the entirety of the epic Legend of the Three Kingdoms, and I don't think there are many people who can enjoy all of the charms of the Legend of the Three Kingdoms.
>In the “Shin-Sangoku Musou” series, too, the Three Kingdoms has been depicted from the perspective of the generals and their forces, and the appeal of the series has been enjoyed. I have enjoyed the charm of the project. With this in mind, but also with the desire to make a game that even those unfamiliar with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms could enjoy the story and the fascination of the heroes, we decided that we needed an entity that would allow players to experience the world and history of the Three Kingdoms from the perspective of a single individual.
>The main character is a young man with amnesia, who remembers nothing about the world. We wanted to make it possible for everyone to enjoy the Three Kingdoms through experiencing the history of the Three Kingdoms and interacting with famous generals from the perspective of the protagonist, who has no idea what is going on.
>>
>>683789986
why not true to link up with Yasuhisa and make a Kingdom musou?
>>
>>683795586
The main character has a certain shape, doesn't he? Did you consider the idea of using a character creation system?
>There was a lot of discussion within the team about whether or not to use the character creation method. Even though we were in the final stages of development, there were still comments such as, “Isn't it necessary? I understand that there is a strong demand for it. However, in my mind, there was a clear reason why I decided on the main character for this project.
>This work is the story of the Three Kingdoms, but it is also a story that we have interpreted in our own way. In order for people to enjoy it most deeply, we needed a protagonist with a past, a solid pillar that would play a central role in the story, and an image of that protagonist. If we could customize the character's appearance, voice, etc., we felt that we would not be able to fully depict the intense Three Kingdoms experience that we were aiming for in this project.
>he protagonist has a clear personality and a unique charm, but he is not a protagonist with a strong point of view or a strong personality. I am still trying to find the right balance so that the audience will like the characterization of the protagonist while still being emotionally invested in him.
>>
>>683795660
--I see. The story is based on the Three Kingdoms, of course, but is it closer to the “Yanyi of the Three Kingdoms” than to historical facts?
Sho
Yes, the basis of the story is “The History of the Three Kingdoms. I am also drawing the Three Kingdoms from scratch, so fans of the series may think, “How many times did I complete the Yellow Turban Rebellion? (laughs). ) However, this work is a more in-depth depiction of a single historical event. I think it will be a more colorful experience than the granular storylines of the past.

--What part of the Three Kingdoms will be discussed?

Sho.
That's a straightforward question (laughs). I would like to explain again, but I would like to tell you that we are not planning to describe the entire story of the Three Kingdoms because the theme of the game is “to give you a deeper experience of the Three Kingdoms.
>>
>>683795734
I understand. So you are saying that the Warriors warriors that have appeared so far are not to be selected as playable characters?
Sho.
>Yes, that is correct. In this game, we want the players to enjoy the story of the Three Kingdoms from the perspective of the main character, so we want the main character to be controlled by the main character and to be thought of as his or her alter ego. However, if the Warriors Warriors appear in the game, everyone wants to control them, don't they? For characters who are deeply involved in the story or who are inevitable, you will be able to take turns during battles and control them temporarily.
The main character has a certain level of strength, but he is not a one-hit warchief from the start. Until about the middle of the game, the overwhelming power of the Warriors will stand out. I hope that you will enjoy playing “Musou” with the Musou generals and controlling them to fight.

So you won't be able to select a Warriors' General to fight as you have in the past?
>That's right. The main character will participate in all battles. In situations where you can accompany a general, if there are multiple generals who can accompany you, you may be able to choose your favorite general from among them and go into battle together.

How does the protagonist interact with the generals? If he first meets Guan Yu, it looks like he will later be in the Shu camp. Will he be involved in each camp like a mercenary?
>The relationship with the generals will be that they will become allies in battles and sometimes enemies. Outside of battles, you can also deepen your friendship by interacting with them. Conversations between the main character and the generals are one of the highlights of the game. Through such interactions, what will be the final position of the three kingdoms? I can't go into too much detail yet, but I can tell you that it is not a story where you are assigned to a specific power.
>>
>>683790246
no it's not lmao. i like the musou games but it's the exact same fucking thing as every other musou
>>
>>683790095
After all the garbage modern games have put out I welcome that.
>>
File: 1695104307372518.gif (3.4 MB, 360x278)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB GIF
But can you go offrails and marry capture a Qiao?
>>
>>683790990
They casted Jun Fukuyama as the protagonist so I seriously doubt we can select gender if they cast such a well known Japanese VA as the lead.
>>
File: guan yu beardless.png (1.18 MB, 1000x1000)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>683794062
>>
>>683796590
>Stai Na's counterattack will save our force at fan castle
>>
I've played a ton of the spinoff and licenced games but never mainline Dynasty Warriors. Would this be a good entry point or are some of the older ones more suitable?
>>
>>683795802
I hope they have the decency to have an open mode at some point. The joy of the series is when you just start grinding out a bunch of characters.
>>
>>683795802
>Through such interactions, what will be the final position of the three kingdoms? I can't go into too much detail yet, but I can tell you that it is not a story where you are assigned to a specific power.

Sounds like you will choose which faction you end up fighting for.
>>
File: LUBEANER.jpg (57 KB, 600x800)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Looks like they learned their lessons from 9/9E, hopefully they don't fuck it up. Please don't cull the weapon/movelist again though, I hate it when the only difference between characters are stats and musou attacks.
>>
>>683796881
This is looking tailor-made to be a perfect entry point.
>>
>>683796748
>My Lord... Stai Na...
>Stai Na didn't have enough pork buns. The attack didn't take place.
>>
It's weird that some characters are redesigned like Guan Yu, Zhang Jiao, Cao Cao etc but others are clearly using their past selves appearances like Chen Gong and Cheng Pu. Wonder if they're still placeholders.
>>
>>683796540
>>683796851

>>683791472
>Considering how it seems like we have to go through an entire tutorial battle with Guan Yu before being able to name the protagonist, the game most likely won’t have character creator
That means nothing at this stage. It's just a presentation demo and the game is releasing next year.
>>
>>683797192
>Wonder if they're still placeholders.
That's optimistic. In SW5 only a few characters had their younger versions.
>>
>>683797192
Seems like the big players will have new designs while the rest have their DW9 looks.
>>
>>683797192
Does every character needs a radically different outfit every game? I mean, one of the good things about DW9 was the designs...
>>
>>683797192
Going by the SW example, only a few will start young then age up at some point in the story (after Hu Lao?)
>>
File: 1553435470824.jpg (58 KB, 358x379)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>683795660
lmao none of that even makes sense

>w-we just HADU to force da playaru to play with our OC Kpop faggot!
>P-PREASE ONEGAI RIKE HIM
Dead on arrival.
>>
>>683795802
https://www.famitsu.com/article/202407/10868?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3yQVM14E3XQBMr_Gqyc6LQEycy73Niwjf5Nb1vScyZv5Ob7sGFAuUt2-w_aem_FDl8Xc5K8wF1OhikKHGlAw

here is the interview, translate the rest yourself
>>
>>683789986
Looks great. Will wait for Empires version.
>>
I won't play this if MC only stuck with that shit named Liu Bei.
>>
>>683797638
>>683796910
>>
>>683795802
>So you won't be able to select a Warriors' General to fight as you have in the past?
>>That's right. The main character will participate in all battles. In situations where you can accompany a general, if there are multiple generals who can accompany you, you may be able to choose your favorite general from among them and go into battle together.
Holy shit THEY

CANNOT

BE

FUCKING SERIOUS HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

NIGGERFAGGOTS AT KT ACTUALLY DID IT

A DYNASTY WARRIORS GAME

WHERE YOU DON'T PLAY

WITH DYNASTY WARRIORS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>683797747
They can't possibly be that stupid, that's likely for the main storyline, there must be some Free Mode and assorted Missions where you can anyone. The Sanada-den game was all about Yukimura and yet the entire SW cast could be played in the other modes.
>>
File: DEIk5eYWsAA33qL.jpg (1.3 MB, 4096x4096)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>683797389
>one of the good things about DW9 was the designs
It's Lu Bu's worst look. Looks like a spartan cosplayer that got lost.
>>
>>683797908
>They can't possibly be that stupid
They just pulled a Bluesteel the Hedgehog OC out of their ass and shoved him into 3K setting. An OC you can't customize and they still don't know how to make likeable by their own admission.

Yes they ARE that retarded. They are already wasting so much dev time and budget on this faggoty story mode. Whatever free mode gets packed in will be half assed and not the focus of the game.

DW is getting fuckered harder than SW.
>>
File: lubusf.jpg (99 KB, 500x500)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>683797947
I implore you to reconsider!
>>
Is someone going to make a general?
Are you just going to pray as one nameless dude or can you play as other playable officers from previous games?
>>
Recently got back into dynasty warriors, last i played was 4. Picked up 8 xtreme legens amd then empire. Was fun, got 9 to give it a shot since its on sale
>>
>>683798082
It seems like you play mostly with the nameless dude but you can play as the other characters in battle via character swapping
>>
>>683790246
>XXXY
>XXXY
>XXXY
>XXXY
>"oh a boss"
>XXY
>XXY
>XXY
>>
>>683798076
nah, this was in line with the whole Wuxia theme
>>
Wonder since we get to choose which faction MC goes they'll have the balls to show the bad things each side has cause I'm getting real tired of them sucking SHU COCK
>>
>>683798524
R1 O O O
R1 O O O
R1 O O O
>>
I want to be able to fight fake yellow turban.
>>>/vg/487710082
>>
>>683798648
DW has always portrayed RotK in a lighter note, I cannot understand why anyone wanting Koei to make DW more gritty don't just look for the other RotK games out there, even Koei itself makes different interpretations other than DW.
>>
>>683798648
Shu never really committed any massacres, or did anything really evil at all. That was Cao Caos thing
>>
File: Dw9jlVPUUAIcEHp[1].jpg (207 KB, 1200x675)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
Anybody else here want to see someone they first really got to sign total war 3 kingdoms?
>>
I THOUGHT DYNASTY WARRIORS 9 WAS OKAY
>>
>>683798524
You will be sucked.
>>
>>683799040
I thought DW9 was fun too... Super disappointing, yes, but still fun.
>>
What lines live in your head rent free? For me, it's
>THAT'S ONE EVIL MACHINE!
>I shall return! Remember that! For yours is the first head I shall seek!
>I SEE, SO YOU HAVE NO NEED FOR STRATEGY???
>>
>>683799249
Are they going to make a sequel to the Dynasty Warriors live action movie?
>>
>>683799040
It's shite. But I had fun with it.
>>
>>683799249
DISCRETION IS A BETTER PART OF VALOR
>>
>>683799040
Launch DW9 was crap, current DW9 is pretty decent and the DLC stories are unironically fantastic, as is the general story telling.
>>
Looks pretty good in my humble yet powerfully handsome opinion.

Music was good too.
>>
File: 1722002176179.png (30 KB, 800x1000)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>683795267

I don't mind a lesser amount of characters if it means the ones that remain are more fleshed out and mechanically interesting; but I do kind of wish the ones that wouldn't really "make the cut" get added nonetheless, but only as "bonus" characters with re-used move sets.
It would be the best compromise imo
>>
>>683790095
well if it ain't broke
>>
>>683798443
I recommend samurai warriors 4 DX.
>>
>>683793156
>Basara should make a come back
Not possible with how that company is now
>>
>>683799249
Kino
>>
>>683799249
Literally every SW2 quote is burned into my brain, LOOK OUT HERE I COME LOOK OUT HERE I COME LOOK OUT HERE I COME LOOK OUT HERE I COME
>>
>>683789986
I have to admit when the butt rock kicked in it felt like coming home

Why is Guan Yu fighting for the yellow turban in the first segment? Was that a thing?
>>
>>683799676
>if it means the ones that remain are more fleshed out and mechanically interesting
When has that ever meant that, especially with KT. Look at SW5, the reduced cast count didn't stop that game from having boring clone movesets everywhere.
>>
>>683795305
>>683795524
What the fuck, Sanada gets praised everywhere I look except here.
>>
>>683799249
I AM A WARRIOR OF PEERLESS MIGHT
HEY, YOU DEFEATED AN ENEMY OFFICER
SO YOU'VE GOT A LITTLE BIT OF DEVIL IN YOU?
>>
>>683800469
To cash in a tv drama that was airing, both Koei and Capcom did a game of their franchises about the Sanadases. The anons are talking about the BASARA Sanada game that was garbage, flopped horribily and killed the series for good.
>>
>>683800469
https://w.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/6460.html
It's the musou one people like, I've never seen anyone compliment the basara one.
>>
>>683800469
Sanada is good. Don't believe the samefagging.
they just hate the focus.
>>
>>683800614
Ah ok. I did not know Basara also did a Sanada kek
>>
File: 91NsWpbs9mL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (318 KB, 1196x1500)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>683800662
Yeah I had no idea this even existed. Pity this IP is unlocalized and forgotten in general.
>>
>>683800662
The basara one is legit one of the worst games ever made, possibly the funniest thing to come out with after people were already iffy on the series after how barebones basara 4 launched.
>>
>>683797947
he looks fine by that sky piercer looks like a plastic toy
>>
>>683800752
>first game was a smash hit in japan and got a butchered, awful localization in the west cus murica dum
>second game wasn't translated
>third game was faithfully translated but didn't reach capcom's expectations so fuck you west
>third game's expansion wasn't translated
>fourth game wasn't translated
>fourth game's 2016 spin-off is a total flop even in Japan, which means the franchise is killed for good, the last basara "game" that happened was a shitty gacha that was deactivated after barely a year of being online
>>
I just hope they did away with the awful fucking pop in that has plagued this genre due to consoles sucking cock.
>>
File: GRUTLD5bUAAcsfH.jpg (81 KB, 1096x1216)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>683800913
Depressing. I vaguely remember Sumeragi threads where anons expected it to be eventually localized but it never happened. Such a pity. I only played "Devil Kings" as a kid lol and watched the first anime (which got retconned apparently) so I was never a mainstay fan but not for the lack of trying. Capcom really let this franchise down.
>>
>>683800913
The series was just so mismanaged in general. now the sex pest producer is gone from capcom so it's dead forever.
>>
File: musou.png (1.85 MB, 1830x1057)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB PNG
>ps2 fags will look at this and go:
"yep much better"
>>
>>683801887
Kino. Remaster NOW
>>
>>683791291
>>683791129
Honestly, the map is something i'm actually quite excited.
>>
File: dw1.jpg (161 KB, 1280x720)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>683801887
No, I'll look at this and say much better, and I WILL abuse the stupid fan laser.
>>
File: yellowturbanrebellion.png (1.89 MB, 1017x1016)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>683791745
meh reminds me of those sw4 style maps
>>
>>683791291
The battle here is actually Sishui Gate, the enemy commanders are Li Jue and Hua Xiong
>>
File: 1623624107503.jpg (24 KB, 590x550)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>soft reboot of the series
>gritty, realistic art style with less colors
>more focus on story and cutscenes galore
>less customization
I hate what MHW success has done to the japanese industry
>>
>>683793726
and he's right
>>
>>683793020
Haha fuck no, they'll find something to seethe about.
>>
>>683802757
Uh, not being to freely select your general seems like a big deal to me.
>>
>>683789986
>jumps into a crowd and has 25% of his health chipped off by peons in 5 seconds
They actually saved this series holy shit
>>
>>683800447
>When has that ever meant that
HW: AoC
>>
>>683802949
I can still swap to other characters mid battle, i do wonder how long 'temporarily' will be but the demo had the player as guan yu for a decent amount of time. And i'm sure free mode will still be in
>>
>>683802949
From what i see the compromise was: You can only play as the Guy in the overworld, but choose who to bring along. So like, if you join Shoo and are a Changban you can play as Zhao Yun or whatever
>>
>>683803214
>>683803220
Dogshit.
>>
>>683800752
What went wrong exactly?
>>
File: 1710762672810511.png (436 KB, 512x384)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
>>683789986
I'm surprised to see a DW game embrace the next-gen this early.
DW8 came out on the PS3 in 2013 (with empires also on PS3 in 2014) and DW6 came out on the PS2 in 2008.
>>
Interview says the combat is more like the charge system than 9's flow system.
Well that's good.
>>
>>683800447

>because thing happened in the past, it means with 100% certainty that the same thing will happen again if it came to it

I haven't had faith in koei tecmo for decades, but don't you get tired of being so pessimistic all day long.
It's not like it'll happen anytime soon anyways.
>>
>>683803621
There's still R1 flow inputs
>>
>>683803609
By the time it releases the current gen systems will be over 4 years old. DW6 came out 1 year after the PS3 launch and 2 years after the 360
>>
>>683803907
DW6 was still cross-gen unlike this.
>>
>>683803980
DW5 was technically cross-gen too since it had a version for 360
>>
>>683803980
DW6 PS2 is a different game altogether, like Sonic Unleashed 360/PS3 vs. Wii/PS2
>>
File: 1707673946562522.png (1.75 MB, 1280x720)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB PNG
I want to see a licensed spin-off using this next-gen base.
Imagine a new Dynasty Warriors Gundam on PS5.
>>
File: bug.jpg (19 KB, 313x157)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>683804057
THAT'S ONE EVIL MACHINE!
>>
>>683804057
Man whose DICK do I have to suck to get Gundam Musou 4 FUCK
>>
>>683804057
Scamco just do not want gundam games to leave their awful inhouse studios of 12 guys who get 30 bucks to make a game.
>>
>>683804057
>>683804224
Suck Bandai Namco off good enough and MAYBE they'll do DWG4.
>>
>musou games will forever be inundated with dozens of day 1 DLC and DLC creep
who gives a fuck about this franchise still?
>>
>>683804417
People who aren't poor
>>
>>683804417
What musous have had DLC creep after dw9? koei didn't even release any for 3 hopes
>>
>>683803774
>>because thing happened in the past, it means with 100% certainty that the same thing will happen again if it came to it
In this case, with this company, when this is not the 1st or even 3rd time it's happened, yes it does.
> don't you get tired of being so pessimistic all day long
Should I blindly believe and "get hyped" over that typical marketer speak interview nonsense instead?
>>
Wait a minute. They're implying there's a very good chance she won't be in this.
>>
>>683804850
she might be in but will be mostly covered up
>>
>>683804850
At least she's still in the "Maybe" zone, Jin characters are all but confirmed.

>>683804942
DW9 already has the girls showing less skins and Zhu Rong is still full Amazonian, she's fine.
>>
File: Dw8e-huang-gai.jpg (145 KB, 1260x1260)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>683797192

I fear my bro Huang Gai is going to be de-grayed back to pre-DW6. Being turned into grandpa Zangief was one of the good redesigns they did for that otherwise shitty game.
>>
>>683805170
nope. this game has the same character design philosophy of sw5, meaning it's aimed at fujoshis and homos, so it she probably won't be in or covered up
>>
>>683805302
He's not important enough to have a redesign in this one. At best he'll just have somewhat different patterns to his costume like Xiahou Yuan or Chen Gong.
>>
>>683804448

Fuck yeah just worship and suck corporate cock goi!
>>
>>683789986
>when Eve kicked in
Actually got goosebumps holy shit. Anyway I'm very interested in how this will play out and I like the effort and budget they're putting into it, the only thing that on the surface I'd like changed is actually to reduce the hitboxes on player attacks a bit. The crowds aren't so big as to require such massive attacks and if they did get that big then that should be a player consideration as to how they can approach them. Enemies can still knock each other over when flying back for crowd control but especially for the basic sword like that it shouldn't be *that* good at doing it just on normal attacks.
>>
File: smol katana think.png (9 KB, 127x180)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>683804057
Wait, now I want a Dynasty Warriors Gundam mousou game like this now.
>Have to join the Feddies, Zeon, or Master Asia with Heero and fuck everything up.
>>
>>683789986
>KO
>No blood
>No gore
Lmao
>>
>>683805505
SW5 had the ninja girl with the skin tight body suit, and sena with her cleavage and visible thighs.
>>
>>683805521

They always redesign every character in every game no matter how unpopular they are. That's the one thing that's constant in every DW game.
>>
File: King.jpg (425 KB, 850x1333)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
>Still no good ROTK mod for Mountain Blade
>>
>>683805676
>body suit
Safe horny
>>
>>683805701
Cheng Pu and Yuan Shao still look the same, Chen Gong only has different color (probably because he's still on Cao Cao side at Sishui Gate) and Xiahou Yuan only takes his helmet off and somewhat different patterns on his costume. Not everyone will get a redesign in this game, it's not DW10 for a reason.
>>
>>683790360
Holy shit they Chinese drama'd him, what the fuck give me my bearded mystic madman back
>>
>>683805540
Oh and two other things: remember that level design is important and bring back the EN VA cast from DW7-8, especially with the level of performance they did from 7. With what they appear to be doing with this game, that seems even more important than it already is, and if it ends up being true that this doesn't cover the full breadth of the Three Kingdoms like I have a sneaking suspicion of, then that at least makes it a more reasonable proposition. Not that it shouldn't be a thing regardless.
>>
>>683805772
Meaningless buzzword used by retards who have no argument, sad!
>>
>>683805828
>Not everyone will get a redesign in this game, it's not DW10 for a reason.
>>683795373
>This title is not a derivative or an offshoot of the series, but a new title in the mainline of the series, and as such, it is equivalent to a numbered title. So what will happen to “Shin-Sangoku Musou 9”? (Laughs.) Rather than thinking about past titles or future titles, I'm currently focusing on “What is the fun of ‘Shin-Sangoku Musou’? When the development of this title settles down, I will think about the future.
>>
>>683805857
Do people actually play these games in english? for DW3 i can get it since the dub is funny, but for the newer games the eng VA is just so mediocre.
>>
>>683797181
>Sleeping Warriors
>Dynasty Dogs
>>
>>683805943
Cheng Pu, Yuan Shao and Yuan Shu still look the same as they do in DW9 here. Chen Gong only has the wrong color.
>>
>>683799034
Did you have a stroke?
>>
File: 1711032444070944.jpg (119 KB, 754x1024)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>683789986
>it's not a return to form with DW10
>it's not a remaster of an actually good entry like 3 or 5
>it's another pointless series reboot that won't cover anything past the Dong
It's shit.
>>
I like what i'm seeing, the only i'm worried about is the optimization.
>>
>>683806385
>good entry like 3 or 5
Ayo what about 4?
>>
For me I would probably make another Warriors Orochi with SW4 and DW8 cast, but also bring in DW9 characters and have them convert to the charge style (like how Zhou Cang played in All Stars), the SW5 people that don't have pre-5 versions and keep it strictly the Asian guys. It would ignore WO4 so none of the Greek guys and instead have more antagonists from the Chinese and Japanese historical or mythical library.
Fuck bring in the Strikeforce people.
>>
File: GTZMb1vbMAA78yA.jpg (454 KB, 2560x1440)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>683805835
He's so beautiful. It's believable he formed a cult.
>>
File: amashing.jpg (6 KB, 165x178)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>683789986
this is pretty fucking radical. on the level of 10 just in a different reaction.
>>
File: GTbIEXsbcAAUI44.png (34 KB, 639x744)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Ending at Whuzang plains i guess?

>>683806534
4 is the worst of the ps2 games, shitty tiny maps and having you play the same faction story with every character.
>>
looks gay
>>
>>683804057
Who do I have to kill for a new DWG. I played so many hours in Reborn and have been craving a new game for years.
>>
>>683789986
>>Peons are more active, you need to parry them their attacks sometimes
I've wanted deadly peons back for so long
>>
>>683806385
>>
>>683806632
>4 is the worst of the ps2 games
DW2 exists
>>
>>683806604
Looks gay, too gay for someone who's going to die like 4 battles in if we start a few years before the rebellion
>>
>>683806781
They didn't know any better when making 2, 4 had the benefit of 3 being amazing.
>>
>>683790360
Holy shit, Chinese Jesus is HOT. We Converting as fuck.
>>
>>683806604
>>683806795
For him to get such a redesign. I think he could be a leader your character could join up with if you so choose. I do think it would be interesting if the game gives you the option to join whoever you want, and this gives you multiple branching oaths on how to progress.
>>
>>683790990
I'd be all over this shit if there's a character creator.
>>
>>683807054
There isn't
>>
>>683806534
Good music and character designs but shit maps and zero verisimilitude. Random officer deployment and shit like Sun Jian surviving to the end is cringe
>>
>now Wall of Fate
Interesting that both songs are from DW4.
>>683806024
A significant amount of people do, to the point that one of the biggest demands and concerns for DW8 was that the EN dub would get dropped and they added it in late purely due to fan demand leading to them not being able to get the narrator in time. Besides that a lot of mainstream normies and americans in general have severe issues with games that aren't in English so if they're serious about this game making it big it's something they're going to have to consider. The only "mediocre" EN VA was in DW3 which ended up being so goofy that it wrapped back round to being great, but even as early as DW4 the quality started skyrocketing and hit a peak with DW7.
>>
>>683807140
ok I guess I won't be all of this shit then
I don't want to play as some faggy looking OC character
>>
>>683807293
In the SW4DX questionnaire they had like 3 different questions concerning the importance of dub voices lol

I chose "Don't give a shit" for every one.
>>
>>683807364
Yeah me neither. This is a pirate for me if they don't wake up from this retardation. Reading this >>683795660 is infuriating. Fuckhead in charge really wanted to force his own OC onto people.
>>
>>683807293
Who gives a fuck about americans and normalfags? the english voice acting is mediocre crap, even the chink dub is better.
>>
>>683806024
PS2 era KT dubs were soul incarnate
>>
>>683807592
>even the chink dub
>even
Chinese dub is unironically good. They went all out for DW9. One of the reasons I played it. Bless the cute chinkette that voiced Guan Yinping.
>>
>>683806943
>option to join the Yellow Turbans
>Zhang Jiao gets prettyboy redesign
curse you fujos
>>
File: images(11).png (86 KB, 182x276)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>683789986
Looks good, even if you are stuck as some faggot oc. At worst it will just be a good base for dw10.
>>
>>683807592
Probably the company that's trying to sell a grand return of a beloved franchise across the world. It's literally the same reason the Chinese dubs exist, to appeal to the Chinese audience.
>>
>>683807839

No "pretty boy" has manly facial hair and a strong jaw line.
>>
>>683808068
yeah they do
>>
>>683807592
>Who gives a fuck about americans
Clearly you do
>>
>>683806385
>it's another pointless series reboot that won't cover anything past the Dong
You are just making shit up now
>>
File: file.png (742 KB, 745x658)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
>>683804536
>he doesn't remember that koei needed to make posts and articles just to explain the convoluted monetization behind WO4
>>
File: file.png (250 KB, 912x694)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
>>683804536
LMFAO
>>
>>683809774
>after dw9
read nigga read
>>
>>683809705
This looks really simple

>>683809774
Reread the post specifically the 'after dw9' part
>>
>>683809774
>After DW9
>>
>>683809890
>>683809939
>>683810037
>trust me bro, they've completely changed!!!!
>despite a clear track record for over a decade of pushing endless day one DLCs for everything under the sun
why should I believe what you say, when literally every DW game that's released up until now has been that way?
>>
I just want an Empires style game that doesn't get stale after 1 campaign map...
>>
>>683810092
If they wanted money they would just make the next ROTK have musou combat for the battles.
>>
>>683809705
DLC weapons trivialize the already trivial game of WO4
>>
File: file.png (242 KB, 782x597)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>683809890
>>683809939
>>683810037
>day one DLC cost more than a full price game
after DW9 you say?
>>
>>683810378
This is all pointless crap that no sane person buys. It's completely harmless and typical of most JP publishers
>>
>>683810378
Every single jap dev does this, it's literally nothing
>>
Why does it look like a PlayStation 2 game?
>>
>>683810527
>>683810583
>"JUST LOOK AT THEIR GAMES AFTER DW9!!! THEY STOPPED DOING IT BRO!"
>posts a clearcut example showing thats not the case
>"BUT ITS STUFF THAT DOESN'T MATTER!! MY ARGUMENT STILL STANDS!!!"
moving goalposts I see. classy. Just admit, KT is a scummy publisher that has bogged down every musou game with DLC. They're the ubisoft of japanese devs as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>683810816
>Literally the most pointless shit ever
>SEE BRO ITS DLC CREEP
>>
File: GTbLaS-agAMzpHo.png (23 KB, 621x484)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
Old man Gan Ning confirmed?
>>
>>683810068
>literally every DW game that's released up until now
including the spin-offs and licensed entries?
>>
>>683791129
>>683791291
>>683802484
They could have a ROT3K mode, or TW style mode, where you have to move around armies and fight battles for castles. It would be actually really sick for this series
>>
>>683811354
Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Houses....
>>
>>683811102
>There were people that thought there wasn't going to be aging
grim
>>683811441
>just make like these completely different games
>>
>>683811354
>literally every DW
>DW=dynasty warriors
I specifically used DW for a reason buddy. Of course a nintendo game is going to have different montization than a multiplat game. Every DYNASTY WARRIORS game, ever since DLC was a thing, has been this way. With SOME overlap into the spinoff titles.
>>
What's the best and most grindy muso?
I've got a good PC so can emulate pretty much anything that can be emulated
>>
>>683811734
Best and grindy is hyrule warriors with the dlc adventure maps. If want something closer to the mainline games, then Orochi 3
>>
I noticed BLEACH anime is coming back.
I noticed there will ve a BLEACH arena game.
So, KT, BLEACH Musou when?
>>
File: GTbYJ6Wa8AA0z-i.png (24 KB, 618x538)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
More variation between movesets finally.
>>
File: sho.png (909 KB, 494x836)
909 KB
909 KB PNG
>saves your franchise
>>
File: dw3.jpg (308 KB, 1280x960)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>683801887
Yes.
>>
File: lianshissx.jpg (222 KB, 660x920)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>683806385
>>683806726
Sun Quan is so lucky...
>>
>>683789986
Do we have any playable female characters confirmed yet?
>>
>>683813134
>>
My body is ready
>>
>>683789986
>every attack is just more weightless shockwaves so basic slashing the guy directly in front of you also vacuums and damages the fourty guys around both of you in a 20m range 270 degree arc
Yet another hard pass; wake me up when there's some actual gameplay again in these thousand dollar DLC vehicles alleging themselves to be games.

>>683797747
>>683798054
>they are that retarded
They are that brilliant; you cucklefucks will Buy It Anyway and then slurp up the DLC sold to slightly unfuck the abomination.
>craptcha: R0TS
>>
>>683804417
Well, people who's fed up with "modern" games that are either "cinematic experiences" or gaas shit and want to go back to simple, here's a map, there's enemies, go kill them, next stage, will probably find it appealing.
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is still the best one.
>>
>>683814378
>fed up with "modern" games
>this franchise is filled with season passes, hundreds of dollars of cosmetic DLC, character unlocks, multiple currencies
you might actually be retarded
>>
>>683816742
>Unlocking characters is now a modern game practice
You could be genuinely retarded
>>
>>683790095
Oh no what a tragedy the game isn't soulslop, get the fuck out of here

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.