[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Main information document
https://rentry.org/erpasta

>Character planners
https://eip.gg/elden-ring/build-planner/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Op36P7gdVMkPzFQX6OsjZcfyUjdGOj7Cjk9qFAVj-U/edit

>Interactive map
https://mapgenie.io/elden-ring/maps/the-lands-between

>Group password
erg

>Previous
>>489913410
>>
>Axe, winged sword, claw
What other talisman should I use for a purist martial art build to make the most of its core moveset? the shattered stone one? This is the dryleaf arts, not the footwork one tho
>>
File: image(2).jpg (1.58 MB, 1713x4031)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
>elden ring wiki removed everything but "The Greater Will" from the "Possible Outer Gods" list because they were too speculative
?????????
It's like a fucking POSSIBLE Outer Gods list, it's inherently speculative wtf is this that like even like supposed to mean
>>
>>489969862
Crossed-tree or lacerating?
>>
>>489970012
A wiki is a place for facts not speculation
>>
>>489969862
Dryleaf arts still has the double kick running and jump R2s so it's very worth it.
It even boosts kick ashes like Poison Flower and Dryleaf Tornado.
Divine Bird Legs are also pretty much mandatory.

Are you going for a specific stat/infusion? Otherwise I'd also recommend Bleed + Exultation talisman as it really helps with the low stun and poise damage of the weapon.
>>
Which ending should I get as a first time Elden Ring player, using an Aristocrat Wretch with no heirlooms?
>>
>>489970485
But like it also means that like the wiki now no longer has any information about those entities because that was the only place that anything was listed about them
>>
>>489970546
What ones are appealing to you?
>>
>>489969761
Anon Kale has a completed quest and so did yura that they cut. Fromsoft does this all the time. All the fucking time. If you read about how he speaks of the lore and him outright removing shit that explains things(he actually had a reason for miquella being into radahn and buildup for it but he didn't even implement it into the game for it to be cut and instead held out for "future installments")
>>
>>489970563
Yes. Because with how elden ring lore works most of the lore or those entities is speculation besides what's present in descriptions of items which doesn't really tell us a lot. For confirmed outergods for example there's 4-5 with everything else being an outright different kind of god or its up in the air for what they are.
>>
>>489970605
Personally, I've set things up for the Duskborn Elden Lord and Age of Stars endings, and I haven't locked myself out of the other endings just yet. Then again, what I want matters less than what makes sense for my character, who has already joined with Volcano Manor and colluded with Seluvis (before indirectly backstabbing him).
>>
>>489970631
Miyazaki has become way too obsessed with making the lore cryptic and it's just making the games worse at this point.
The amount of storytelling that gets cut just makes it harder to actually care about the world.
>>
>>489970786
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Personally like, if you plan on this being your only llaytheough, I'd go with Age of Stars since it's interesting, but like if you're planning on playing again I'd go with duskborn so rhay later on you can choose age of stars on a different character.
>>
>>489970858
Is this an autism issue with Miyazaki-san? He did mention, if I remember right, that the cryptic lore in his games emulated his experience reading badly-translated English works and making stuff up in his head.
>>
>>489971034
Yes, he is a retard who can't actually write.
>>
>>489971028
Thanks. I'll have my choice when I get there.
Wouldn't it be silly if there was a secret final boss and ending if you collected every Great Rune, plus Fia's, Goldmask's and Dung Eater's Mending Runes, in which your Tarnished uses the runes as bootleg Chaos Emeralds and turns into Super Tarnished?
>>
>>489970858
>>489971034
I think a big part of it too is him trying to "surprise" players. He's mentioned it a few times in interviews that he makes sure bosses are designed to shock us, which is why they've become increasingly flashier over the years. I suspect that, with him outright saying he enjoys people speculating about the lore of his works, that part of why he removes things is to shock people too and get them interpreting more and more. I think that's why the lore seemed less and less cohesive in elden ring especially.
>>
This is pretty fun
>>
>>489971265
Good Lord! Miyazaki is the Vince Russo of video game writers!
>>
Reminder that Omen are not Hornsent but a curse put on Marika and her bloodline by the Hornsent. The elders that haunt the Omen's dreams are the Hornsent elders that govern Belurat. The Omen truly are cursed and Marika was honestly being very kind by letting them live in the sewer.
>>
>>489971198
I've noticed japanese games tend to like have "final super true endings" less often. I like the idea but also like it does sort of feel like getting anything but the true endings means that like it feels incomplete though so it makes sense.
>>
>>489971464
Marika should've married me off to morgott I would've treated him right and helped him get over his issues
>>
The dlc shouldve definately added some new ending and something new to connect it to the base game.
The fact that we kill Miquella and Malenia doesnt react in any way shape or form is criminal.
>>
They even screwed up the Messmer fight and lore.
As soon as he transforms, the music and his moveset get worse.
I think it was supposed to be some huge "expectations subverted" moments, cause the guy who hunts graceless ones is revelead to be "base"/"abyssal" himself (pointed out later by Hornsent, for the speedreaders), but item descriptions spoil that, and it has no explanation + no impact on the world (no signs of the "flight from the erdtree" or rebellion in his troops)
>>
>>489971621
>no signs of the "flight from the erdtree" or rebellion in his troops
The fort of reprimand has a bunch of hanged messmer soldiers at least
>>
>>489971597
Miyazaki said it wouldn't have any impact on the base game since it was announced. You shouldn't have expected it but it's a dissapointed. Each other souls game had some connection
>the sif scene if you save him in the abyss
>new ending for getting all the crowns in ds2 and curing the undead curse for yourself
>ds3 getting a new ending
>bloodborne if you do the dlc before the hunters dream burns you can hear gerhman sleep and he's sleeping better after the orphan of kos is killed
>>
2 years later still cant beat melenia with my build of choice, always gotta cheese it
>>
>>489971759
>You shouldn't have expected it
i didnt expect it, i know what he said. I still think it was wrong, it feels extremely lazy and disconnected. It doesnt feel like we accomplished anything, no one ever acknowledges what we did.
I wasnt really expecting them to add an ending, but i at least hoped the ending cutscene would be good, but it really isnt, it simply regurgitates the final remembrance item descriptions and calls it a day.
>>
Miyazaki simply just likes having a vague story so that people can fill in the blanks themselves. That's literally it. He gives you a really cool template with some things already filled in and your imagination is supposed to take off and do the rest. It's his interpretation of the DnD format. The two biggest games in the last 4 years have been different interpretations of DnD.
>>
>>489971908
What's your build of choice?
>>
>>489971908
Iirc it took like a year and a half for anyone to beat her at all, let alone with a non-cheese build
>>
>>489971923
He should have put that reminder in a tutorial pop-up. Video gamers expect to be told everything instead of making stuff up themselves.
>>
>>489971923
He went overboard in the vagueness this time around. I doubt the massive world helped as he has recently mentioned them having problems with elden ring due to its size. The size of the previous games made even its vague lore feel more consice with answers that could be headcanonned up like the rebirth lady being either velka or gwynevere. Or how someome was able to write an entire book on bloodborne lore that even if it had headcanon felt more intune with the lore and story than what elden ring lore and headcanon feels like 99% of the time. Especially with the dlc. It almost feels like a cross between mount and blade and the previous souls games if that makes any sense. It doesn't feel right.
>>
>>489971621
>the music and moveset changing in phase 2 is a sign that they were trying to subvert your expectations
Lmao you have to be trolling
>>
>>489972209
read full sentences, please
>>
>>489972293
Make me slut
>>
>>489970535
>Dryleaf arts still has the double kick running and jump R2s so it's very worth it.
Yeah, I realised after I actually took a look at the moveset, kicks are in all the r2s, which is what I'm predominantly using. In fact, I might put winged away and go blue dancer, axe, claw and stone.

>Are you going for a specific stat/infusion? Otherwise I'd also recommend Bleed + Exultation talisman as it really helps with the low stun and poise damage of the weapon.
Yeah, quality purist. Also benefits most from blue dancer.
>>
>>489971923
>>489972109
Whenever I share my lore theories or interpretations or headcanons you're all mean to me
>>
>>489972293
We knew literally the moment Messmer was shown he was some kind of blasphemous freak. There was zero attempt at making him look like some kind of Godfrey like hero.
>>
>>489970078
looking closer at the moveset, that would be a bit of overkill since they're mostly kicks, so the stone buffs both.
>>
>>489972484
Sorry, buddy. We're 4channers. We're never happy unless we're mean to somebody.
>>
>>489972530
sort of, he was still Erdtree's enforcer with the "those stripped of the grace of gold shall all meet death" slogan and a crusade against GO's / Erdtree enemies. But like I said, it's not a real surprise
>>
Looking back, Elden ring's "lore" takes a pretty sudden turn. I remember early level was like
>Armor collected from common soldier, it is dirty
>Boots collected from magic soldier, its bright blue signifies they are soldier of the magic school
>THE MAGIC QUEEN GOT KEKED SO HARD THE ENTIRE FUCKING KINGDOM DETHRONED HER AND MADE HER INTO THE KINGDOM'S PERSONAL BIRTHING SOW
>Red robe collected from those who seek to kill the protagonist
>>
>>489971621
i find funny how people saw the statue without eyes and already assumed he would do something with it in his second phase
>>
>>489972667
>those stripped of the grace of gold shall all meet death
That makes no sense. Nobody was without Gold grace until Dog grey was banished
>>
>>489972870
It doesn't have to make sense. It's a snappy slogan and thought-terminating cliche to make genocide divinely mandated.
>>
>>489972870
Because he likely was sent away after godfreys banishment. He was around during godfrey's reign. With the mosoleums around we know marika had bastards. He's likely one of em.
>>
>It is said that the bones belong to an ancient lord - the soulless king. The lord of the lost and desperate, who was known as Ensha.
the lore...it's too deep...!
>>
File: meh2.png (53 KB, 247x416)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
What does being Tarnished even fucking mean? So you do not have God's grace, BUT you can still see grace? For some reason? And you can also respawn? Because you are dead, but yet live? But you are also not undead? And there are a fuck ton of other Tarnished faggots too? Are they all Godfrey descendants/relative/ soldiers?
>>
>>489972870
Makes it even funnier when you remember he was friends with an albinauric
>>
>>489973026
Considering how it's implied he's Melina's brother and she wasn't born of a mother, it's possible they're both the product of some kind of ritual
>>
>>489973090
the true deepest lore is the dragon that is both alive and dead in Ghostflame breath's description
>>
>>489973202
>both
Scratch that melina is described as a younger sister
>>
>>489973202
Depends on when exactly she was fused with radagon or if they were always one and just split at some point and were rejoined. I say this because when Marika is Strung up a spear with the same color and texture as the rune of death is stabbed through her womb. She could've been able to asexually reproduce.
>>
>>489973338
>>489973202
>melina is described as a younger sister

????
>>
Melina?
Oh, right, I almost forgot that Messmer had a little sister.
>>
Meli who?
>>
>>489973338
I'd like to add that twins can and are referred to as elder and younger depending on who came out first. For something George had way more of a hand In writing cersei is older than jaime
>>
so at which point of the game do we enter the land of shadow canonically? before or after becoming elden lord?
>>
>>489973189
Gaius is one of the good ones
>>
File: 20240812_125442.jpg (755 KB, 1920x1080)
755 KB
755 KB JPG
I don't know if I prefer empty areas or random junk loot scattered everywhere.
>>
>>489973401
>Messmer, much like his younger sister, bore a vision of fire.
Mesmer's kindling description
It doesnt directly mention melina but no daughter of marika/radagon appart from her uses fire
>>
>>489973476
Before. Miquella calls us Aspiring lord of the old order, leda says we're here to stop another from ascending to elden lord before us, ansbach tells us to become a lord of man.
>>
>>489973476
Before elden lord based on npc dialog including miquella's opening dialog.
None of the previous fromsoft dlcs take place before the ending
For when I'd argue before fire giant. The why is simple, you're teleported to a straight linear path right after the fire giant to the end of the game. But at the mountaintop you have the option to explore, namely to head to the haligtree which latenna and gideon hints us towards, in the consecrated snowfield there's a teleporter to mohg's area
>>
>>489973493
They should have at least filled those empty areas with a ton of rare crafting material(base game material as well).
>>
>>489973493
My copium for the dlc has set in. The dlc gives enough overall that a few areas that just feel cool to go through is fine.
>>
So since ranni was able to make a magical apirition of her mother pre insanity that can not only bleed but is a clear physical being that only dissipates when it kills us or we kill it, shouldn't she, of she really want to, be able to make a version of herself that's capable of banging the tarnished and either pilot it or let it run on autopilot?
IF marika was able to recover in some way, wouldn't she also be able to have sex with the tarnished more than that shouldn't she be able to do really kinky things to the tarnished in bed? Like using a similar restraining ability displayed by the elden beast while she golden slams on our cock? If we drank that bubble tear we'd survive and not take much damage from it if you think about it
>>
File: 1703270637090362.jpg (489 KB, 800x720)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
>>489974452
i prefer the blue doll, tall redhead is malenia's role
>>
>>489974531
She could make both. She could make a version of her original self to ride you and use the rune of rebirth to give her doll body a vagina and sit on your face. Don't even get me started on what miniature ranni could do.

Speaking of morgott seems to be able to put himself in multiple areas at once, the effects are similar to spells associated with marika implying she's able to do so as well. Wouldn't marika be able to gangbang you if she really wanted to
>>
>>489974006
Tbf there are some good crafting mats exclusive to Charo Grave and the coast. Tibia consumable is fun and everything related to eternal sleep is fucking broken.
>>
Coffin fissure is at the same time garbage (re-skinned enemies + shitty boss + shitty putrescence lore) and absolutely awesome (sniper section which forces you to think or actually fight enemies, unlike most areas that you can just speed through)
>>
>>489974847
I agree, but there should be way more of them on each pickup to compensate for the empty areas.
>>
>>489973174
Being Tarnished simply means you're eligible for a Guidance Of Grace[TM] subscription. But you only keep your subscription so long as you prioritize the goal of becoming Elden Lord. So something like 90% of all the random Tarnished we run into throughout the game are Graceless because they gave up or got distracted and strayed from the path.

Only those who still have their GoG[TM] subscription can respawn on death. It's why the two(2) Tarnished we fight who still have grace(Gideon and Godfrey) both have their bossfights happen after we unseal Destined Death by beating Maliketh with a stick really hard.
>>
>>489972148
The world is too big and the story is too complex for 'souls-like' worldbuilding to work well. The Lands Between is dreamlike and absurd, and populated mostly by monsters and zombie hollows. There's hundreds of years of political intrigue and factional warfare in the background and all we get to piece this together is a handful of item descriptions and some environmental storytelling. It's just not enough, and it makes players who aren't midwits feel disconnected from the world and story (doubly so for the DLC).
>>
>just cheat in the DLC weapons for your new playthroughs
people don't really do that do they?
>>
>war cry highland axe with 202 AR charged R2: 624 damage
>war cry messmer soldier axe with 224 AR charged R2: 849 damage
>adding the Axe Talisman only makes the highland's R2 go up to 680
huh...
So nobody said anything about the fact that the Messmer Axe's R2 gets a boost even when using Roar R2s?
>>
File: 1692197587574066.png (539 KB, 751x544)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
>>489975365
n-no...?
>>
>>489975005
It has a nice atmosphere too
>>
>>489971028
Ranni ending is more boring than Frenzy ending dollfucker
>>
>>489975694
You have a nice atmosphere
>>
>>489975615
bro is your tarnished wanted by the state or something why are her eyes blurred
>>
>>489975729
No one mentioned frenzy ending. The guy asked which ending to choose between duskborne and stars and was given an answer.
>>
>>489975156
The Dark Souls gameplay is at odds with the kind of story the game tries to tell at times.
>Crowm Nepheli as leader of Limgrave.
>Every mob in Stormveil is still hostile because making mobs interactable is against Dark Souls.
>Marry Ranni.
>Caria Manor pages and mages still want you dead.
>Ally Kenneth Haight.
>Have to kill his pet demi-humans to talk to him at his fort.
The game is built around the Dark Souls idea that everyone has gone insane and is irrationally hostile even when the quest writing implies they shouldn't be.
>>
File: 1703756936473834.png (1.1 MB, 784x1144)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>489975809
you can't be too careful
>>
>>489975107
>Be Dog grey
>Be THE Elden Lord
>"Get banished lol"
>"Nao go back so u can be Elden Lord"
???????????????
>>
>>489975945
>enter chill catacombs where they aren't doing anything other than treating misbegotten
>enter catacombs with a hurt black knife
>enter cave with perfumers doing nothing
>enter castle where people are fighting against misbegotten and you even talk to the castellan
>only option is to kill them all
>>
>>489975945
INCOMING SHITTY HEADCANON TO EXPLAIN IT
>stormveil soldiers didn't get the memo she's in charge, they didn't even realize godrick was dead besides one guy since he was such a dick they didn't check up on him
>carian ones didn't really interact much with ranni as she spent much of the recent years larping and hiding as renna theyre just following old orders of "guard the manner"
>the demihumans are still savage violent shitbags kenneth is just their favorite whyte boi so they don't attack him they still attack anyone else kenneth doesn't understand this and thinks they're able to be integrated into normal society
>>
File: 1670738549131996.jpg (394 KB, 1583x2048)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>489974452
>>489974531
Ranni (red) and Ranni (blue) are both good.
>>
File: 20240812124329_1.jpg (92 KB, 509x728)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>489975962
Just use a full face helmet, bro.
>>
File: 1712837270072295.jpg (111 KB, 963x1289)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>489976470
more wanni is always good
>>
>>489975945
The funny thing is that they have already done the idea of hostile mobs turned neutral before. In Dark Souls 2 you fight the mobs in Dragon Shrine but later they turn neutral.
>>
File: nigger.jpg (96 KB, 600x662)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>489975945
I still remember my first play through when i walked across this bunch of knight cunts getting attacked by Demi human. Be the righterous tarnished that i am, i jumped into the fray and rescued them from the demi human scums but then those cunts turned 360 around walk through the door and tea bagged me together with the demi humans

It was when i decided that this shitty land would be burnt to the fucking ground. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MAY CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD. MAY CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD
>>
File: 1673746066982099.png (2.95 MB, 3543x3543)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB PNG
>>489976624
yes
>>
>>489976683
You deserve it, weak hearted racist.
>>
>cheesing the game with Ekzykes' rot breath on my faith/arcane character
>get to mohg the omen
Fuuuuck, this nigga is the perfect counter to my build
>>
Total Hornsent death. Kill Hornsent. Backstab Hornsent. Dryleaf whirlwind kick a Hornsent into the Abyssal Woods. Slam dunk a Hornsent's Spritestone into the trashcan. Crucify greater Potentates. Defecate in a Hornsent's Scorpion Stew. Launch Hornsent into the Scadutree. Stir fry Hornsent in a Furnace Golem. Toss Hornsent into active Wickermen. Urinate into a Hornsent's pot. Palm blast Hornsent into Abductor Virgins. Twist Hornsent's horns off. Report Hornsent to Messmer's Crusade. Maul Hornsent with vicious Messmerfire hounds. Dryleaf chop Hornsent in half. Hoarfrost stomp fat Hornsent Inquisitors. Trap Hornsent in the lake of rot. Crush Hornsent with catacomb spike traps. Liquefy Hornsent in a vat of rot. Turn Hornsent into man-flies. Dissect Hornsent in the Specimen Storehouse. Exterminate Hornsent in a poison swamp. Stomp Hornsent's pots with black knight boots. Cremate Hornsent in the embrace of Messmer's flame. Destroy Hornsent's spirits with frenzied flame. Mandatory vigor checks for Hornsent. Catapult Hornsent into the Jagged Peak. Farm Hornsent with Waves of Gold. Drown Hornsent in fried Festive Grease. Drag Hornsent behind your steed. Toss Hornsent out of Enir-Ilim. Vaporize Hornsent with Comet Azur. Kick Hornsent Grandams down the stairs. Feed Hornsent to golden hippos. Slice Hornsent with a katana.
>>
>>489976826
Your dragonmaw?
>>
>>489976820
I am not racist, my tailor is a demi human
>>
>>489977018
Marika...
>>
File: 1720486285334.png (524 KB, 800x777)
524 KB
524 KB PNG
>>489977018
THD?
THD.
>>
Bayle is worse than the hornsent or the merchants or frenzy flame, or the ancient dragons, or demihumans, or marika, or miquella, or dungeater, or omens, or rivers of blood users, or ranni, or metyr, or gankers, or deathblight, or radagon, or godskins. Bayle is the worst creature in elden ring on an objective level and deserves to die more than anything else.
>>
>>489977865
I'm not doing dragon communion, bitch
>>
Elden ring fucking pisses me off
I'm an erudite lorechad so having to forcibly ignore the lore because it sucks dick hurts
>>
>>489978092
Don't need to. Just help me kill bayle
>>
>>489978136
I hate Miquella lore now. It’s quite disappointing we didn’t get another ending aiding him achieve his age of compassion.
>>
Baylechads finna be dabbing on dragonchuds
>>
>>489978136
The lore is fine if you entirely focus on marika and marrying and making new demigods with her and ignore everything related to miquella or the frenzy flame
>>
>>489978136
It do be like that, you have to turn into a headcanon chad to enjoy anything. Sucks when they make it the lore better than what it looks like so fromsoft ends up with the credits.
>>
>>489978136
I told you the lore was bad in the base game and you just had recency bias and that the dlc lore would be worse and wouldn't connect to the base game at all and you didn't listen. I told you miyazaki and Martin were both overrated hacks and a combination in any way of the two would produce shit. Why didn't you listen?
>>
>>489978254
I've started treating the game like old castlevania games where you go "Woah cool" then read a bestiary entry that tells you that the boss you just killed was a demon from the mirror dimension
"Cool" and move on
>>
File: MiyazakiOnLoreVids.jpg (348 KB, 1080x1370)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>489978258
>>489978136
It helps that miyazaki literally wants you to be a headcanoner. He even likes reading/watching it sometimes.
>>
>>489978542
Ok but I can't headcanon who zanzibart is because all I have to go off of is "forgive me zanzibart"
Why did miquella kidnap himself into an underground blood egg
The japanese man messed up
>>
>>489978734
You can headcanon it. Watch.
He wanted to be kidnapped by mohg because he needed someone to put him in a deathlike state in order for him to enter the land of shadows. Malenia and his haligtree followers were too obsessed with him to kill him so he got mohg to do it, that and he needed a new body for radahn, and because malenia was rotted to shit, morgott was too powerful, godrick too weak, and godwyn mutated he chose mohg as the best host. He didn't choose malenia as his consort simply because she was too rotted and he had no actual way of curing it besides the needle which was a stopgap and not an actual cure. We perfect the needle ourselves in farum azula
>>
>People are surprised that nu-From lore sucks ass after DS3.
The Profaned Flame sends its regards.
>>
>>489979008
>morgott was too powerful
Zazed
>>
>>489979029
Ds3 fags brought in a horde of new players as it was the first recent from game to actually hit mainstream and they think 3 is the pinnacle of fromsoft as they started with it/played it the longest and are as deluded as elden babs. They cannot understand any critique for their game, they genuinely do not understand even if you spell it out for them or immediately accuse you of being an elden ring fanboy even if you do nothing but shit on elden ring as much if not more than 3.
They don't understand much of the shitty trends from miyazaki and even the community started with 3 and its been downhill since, that japs especially as game developers don't learn, and like western game developers when shoved with praise either stagnate or get worse, thinking they're some epic geniuses or their fans will eat whatever they shit out, growing complacent and creating slop after slop after slop
>>
Anyone got an updated spreadsheet for ash of war stance damage?
>>
>>489978734
Yeah, that's also an unfortunate side effect.
You have to headcanon it even further by just taking the character designs and making everything up.
>>
Chuds of /dsg/...
>>
>>489979227
you dont have to make it about ds3 though...armored core 6 is good...
>>
>>489978136
Did you finally wake from your slumber ancient lorefag? We were shitting and pissing ourselves for eons about the "deep" Miquella """Lore""" and now this board turned into a wasteland. The Lorefags have abandoned us... Even the Miquellafags so easily forgotten have hollowed into shell of their former selves.

May Chaos take Miyazaki MAY CHAOS TAKE MIYAZAKI!!!
>>
>>489979071
>>489979270
I'll headcanon morgott too, watch this.
By the time, while he met with the other demigods they never actually saw him fight, they didn't know how strong he was, and outsiders barely knew of him period. When radahn besieged leyndell he was shocked and btfo'd by a stronger version of margit. And not just that, but look at how morgott makes margit, he possess people and uses them as a puppet to fight, we see this when heading to the capital, even if radahn cut one down, eventually he'd poof out of another one of his men and radahn and his troops were repelled.
Based on gowrys dialog the more malenia is rotted the stronger she becomes, eventually becoming goddess of rot, the malenia we fight in the haligtree is stronger than the one who fought radahn but at the time she was also weaker than morgott.
Consort radahn as shown with his bloodflame isn't just radahn but radahn combined with mohg combining their strength. The consort radahn we fight is stronger than pre scarlet rot radahn as he's essentially a fusion dance of the two.

By the time of the shattering wars morgott was the strongest demigod but he stayed on defense.
>>
>>489979029
3 was OK imo because a lot of main stuff made a broad sense but it had side stuff to think about
Filianore, angels, the pygmy butterflies
But yeah eh
>>
>>489979618
I know morgott is based no need to tell me
He survives in my game btw (headcanon)
>>
>>489978414
Going to be honest the older you get the more you realise most "great works" either :
A. Rip off amazing literary work that's almost a 100 years old or older older than that doesn't happen usually but are referenced because people from their day ripped off stuff from great writers
B. Are total hack that you only enjoy when you are younger. Who's entire "message" can be summed down to a single moralfag sentence. Like "have children", "be Good" Don't do Violence!" "Being ambitious is bad!" But don't criticize the goverment/system for making an environment where having children is discouraged!
>>
>>489979693
It was okay but if you look at the development it was the start of the problems we see in elden ring lore making. They took it to the next level not actually learning from where they messed up and made a 1000x more mistakes.
>>
>>489979892
Being reductive isn't cool
>>
>>489978542
why does every single word he say sound so fake, safe and filtered through multiple PR departments?
>>
>>489979951
I definetly agree
>>
File: 1696721694141884.webm (2.65 MB, 1920x1080)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB WEBM
>>489979618
I'll share my headcanon then.
Morgott was actually friends with Vyke and even thought at some point he would be fitting to be the lord since he's not a random who but one of the OGs Tarnished of the Roundtable Hold who was part of the Dragon Cult.
Only after Vyke did the most retarded move possible of being molested by the 3 fingers he thought on how retarded and dangerous the tarnished can be so he started to seal everything off and hunt them down.
And he also teached Malenia at some point btw which is why they share movesets, why he let her pass through Leyndell and why there's the flowing curved sword in the consecrated snowfields being carried by two night cavalries.

>>489980076
because it probably is
>>
Gonna share my ds3 headcanon here since /dsg/ is a shithole and I don't wanna go there.
In ds2 every. single. monarch had a companion or more that fought alongside them in order for them to acquire their crowns and kingdom. Every last one was co-oping. With this I propose ds2 happened the same way with the bearer of the curse co-oping with a friend. Where am I going with this? The catacombs and below in ds3 have the most references to ds2, tsorrig himself using a weapon and having a ring that could have only been gotten if he went through the ds2 dlcs, with the long reigning wjolnir who was massive(like how vendrick grew from the power of the giants and the bearer of the curse taking the same or more power from them) who was an undead who mashed a bunch of crowns together to make his and freed himself of the undead curse, and that tsorrig invades next to wjolnir's boss room. I propose that wjolnir was the ds2 protagonist and tsorrig was his co-op friend.

To keep it elden ring related I believe what we see in the elden beast boss room is some version of ash lake and that the world of elden ring had the same creator as the world of dark souls and the world of bloodborne.
>>
>>489980396
you know i forgot that you just see a bunch of trees in the underground and in elden beast area, probably one of the many "yeah it looks cool as fuck add it" from miyazaki
>>
>>489980076
It sounds fake but is in line with what he's said before. He's been saying similar things since his ds1 days.
>>489980184
I do like this headcanon, but iirc the flowing sword is the sword of her master the blind swordsman, I have a similar headcanon, that pre shattering wars the demigods were a lot closer than we think, that they all fight so similarly because they sparred with eachother/were taught by the same blind swordsman, who either fucked off or died sealing the rot goddess.
>>
>>489979964
Maybe writer should actually produce some unique work then! Most shows, movies even books nowadays bore me to death. They rip out a interesting part from a setting and then create a extremely bland world and story. Honestly the ripping part isn't bad but I would like if they did something unique with it.

Also is it just me or are actors nowadays extremely shit? Or am I turning into an old man?
>>
>>489980529
I'm telling you man they all share the same creator
The old one in demon's souls is another of the greater will's beasts much like the elden beast is
The first flame is a variation of the elden ring the greater will sent out. The stone dragons were sent down with it too, but unlike metyr didn't throw a fit when the greater will fucked off to get some cigs and never returned
The great ones in bloodborne are different outergods created as an offshoot of the greater will creating that setting its why they're so similar, why they're these eldritch ancient beings but aren't quite lovecraftian with many having physical forms that can be killed and others under special circumstances can become similar beings, which is sorta what's happening with malenia and what happens with the player at the end of bloodborne
>>
>>489980620
>but iirc the flowing sword is the sword of her master the blind swordsman
oh i know that it's more like they were """friends""" (sparring partners?) which is why he made sure to deliver it, not that he was the blind swordsman, never thought that he could maybe teached the rest of them but at the same time this would make him a very important figure which isn't the case, looks more like the snow witch and ranni situation
>that pre shattering wars the demigods were a lot closer than we think
i do agree, i imagine only ranni would be the one more distant, maybe not to the twins though
>>489980763
>Also is it just me or are actors nowadays extremely shit? Or am I turning into an old man?
true for both cases
>>
So does anyone know why miquella made his feet so soft and smooth? If you compare his original feet with his God feet his god feet are a lot more smooth, they look softer with little blemishes all one color. Why? Does being a god in elden ring give you perfect feet or did he do it himself? If he did it himself why?
>>
>>489981267
Yeah, i could see him being sparring partners with malenia. I actually think malenia probably sparred with radahn too at some point. She seems to pride herself on her fighting skills, while I don't think she's a battle autist like radahn and godfrey, I think combined with her disability, her martial skill makes her feel useful and so she likes battle for that reason
>>
>>489981290
Why are you so obsessed with the feet?Are you Quentin Tarantino?
>>
I made an RL1 White Mask cosplay invader and it's been pretty miserable, nothing but password phantoms with full DLC gear spamming shit

Should I level up to 20 or 30? What's the lowest reasonable level for pvp?
>>
>>489981509
Miyazaki is a well known footfag. If you aren't a footfag you aren't a true soulsfan. Ds3 and elden ring are filled with feet queens
>>
>>489981529
25, 40-60
there's no reason to be at rl1 people summoning that low will always be with password phantoms
>>
>>489981529
>nothing but password phantoms with full DLC gear spamming shit
That's just invading at any level.
>>
>>489981267
With the state of her tower I think even when she was alive ranni was a stinky neet who didn't really want to do anything with her life but read books and practice magic.
>>
>>489981851
I wish they would have some fucking shame tho
Do you really need dual giant crushers and minor erdtree for limgrave tunnels? The host must be completely brainrotted
>>
>>489981929
Well, at least at lower levels they get hit pretty hard by the downscaling so you can kill them in seconds.
>>
>>489981994
Yeah, if they weren't spamming uplifting aromatics every two seconds so that my misericorde parry doesnt even kill them

I feel like passwords were a mistake when they ignore normal coop rules
>>
>>489981529
30 if you have consumables
dont go above +5
shit like spark aromatic deletes cocky phantoms
>>
>>489970535
Thinking about how on the dark souls fextralife there's a "power user" who insists Shira from the Ringed City - the lady with the king on a crucifix as a weapon - is actually Seaths daughter. His evidence? She says she's daughter of "the duke" and therefore that must be Seath!!!! So wiki users are gay tbqh
>>
Do you guys do the volcano manor questline? I just skip it and kill rykard, I feel bad killing summon npcs
>>
File: 1703207122335050.png (371 KB, 721x419)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>489981432
well, someone had to protect little michella, but maybe she started to love it after some point
>>489981881
the marika mindset of sleeping next to a bunch of books (stones?)
>>489982287
i dont like killing them but taker's cameo is just too good
>>
>>489981529
Take the Seamless pill.
>>
>>489982276
She's actually my daughter. I'm the Duke. My wife was yorshka we're still married but idk how the fuck to get to her on the tower. I miss my wife bros.
>>
>>489982272
I'm playing the game legit without any cheats or mods since I only played seamless for two years straight

Gotta say, I see why seamless is a thing when this is the state of vanilla multiplayer
>>
>>489982342
Speaking of marika comparisons. With the dlc making miquella go down a similar road to his mom but fucking things up and the radahn fanboyism for godfrey. I think marika similarly wanted godfrey to be her elden lord. Maybe she wasn't as creepy about it but I think she was genuinely into him and wanted to make her his. I think, similar to the popular theory of "radahn agreed but only if miquella could beat him" that godfrey did the same with marika, being a battle autist himself, and that unlike miquella marika herself beat the shit out of godfrey and he in awe fell for her and agreed to be her lord.
>>
File: GUvvgxgXcAA4RtD.jpg (886 KB, 1080x1350)
886 KB
886 KB JPG
>>
>>489982418
Duke Fleed, get back in Grendizer and crush the Vagans!
>>
>>489982672
I personally think godfrey witnessed marika ripping hornsent apart with her bare hands while letting out a deafening rage fuled scream the entire time and godfrey immediately fell for her. Like love at first sight but for a murderhobo
>>
I'm not very into ranni tee bee aich
But she has the only ending worth a shit, so...
>>
>>489982597
the games a joke so ill treat it like one
i dont enjoy having my nuts put in a vice
im the one who will torture 3 people and not vice versa
>deleting phantoms with spark aromatic
>seeing people die to roped volcano pots >sniping people with eftys
>jar cannon
>base fire coil doing 300 damage
shit like this is why i play
meta inspires to one shot or be one shot or infinite l2 and magic spam
>>
>>489982723
young to adult
>>
>>489982723
>>489983034
I actually like the idea that melina and him were twin siblings and than when messmer was younger he looked a lot like melina but his hair was more red than pink.
>>
>>489982287
I like energydrain / eating people so rykard is a pal
So yes
>>
I feel really bad for messmer, i just wanna give him a hug
>>
>>489982723
I still can't get over that
Rykard fell in love with a woman for being a good dancer
Rennala fell in love with a dude that fought her people to a draw
Rellana dell in love with her nephew
Ranni fell in love with a dude who murdered most of her family

Carians have shit taste in men and women.
>>
>>489979071
Funny thing is its also kinda true when you think about it. He resisted the formless mother for who knows how long and had to be half dead for her to finally get a meaningful grasp on him. Miquella would've tried to charm him only for Morgott's weaponized autism to kick in and make him cane the little fucker to death.
>>
File: 1695031042412817.jpg (514 KB, 1969x1969)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
>>489983306
>Ranni fell in love with a dude who murdered most of her family
bro
>>
>>489983019
I dunno, feels kinda lame to cheat in consumables

I like killing people as a White Mask since they have a strict code as opportunistic mercy killers
What is eftys btw?
>>
>>489983428
luv my wife
>>
>>489983306
Carians are basically a family full of people that go "I can fix them!" and fail miserably or in Radahn's case develop borderline unhealthy attachments.
>>
File: 1715585233709869.png (184 KB, 624x747)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>Hefty Magic Pots are literally Cannon of Haima tier damage wise
>>
>>489980184
>>489983319
If you actually listen to his tone when he mentions the demigods, while he calls them traitors, he actually takes on a somewhat respectful tone when he says godwyns and malenia's names. He's either neutral or disdainful for the rest. I do agree with the headcanon that godwyn actually did visit his brothers in the sewers and that morgott and malenia did spar. I also like the idea that blaidd was taught how to fight by radahn considering all of his flips.
>>
>>489983482
hefty pots
the whole game is lame and all of these hosts have dropped items
once you get over it you get to have fun otherwise youre doing 20 damage to some guy whos resistances dont get downscaled
>>
The black knives have voices they make groans and moans when damaged/attacked specifically the one near the bedchamber
The knights calvary have voices too at least a few of them are women
>>
>>489983592
Neutrality would go out the window if Miquella had tried to pull the same stunt on him that he did Mohg. Morgott was drinking the GO kool-aid so hard he was pissing rivers of tropical punch.
>>
File: 1709240240633798.png (3.28 MB, 1511x1075)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB PNG
why can't i use that healing magic?
>>
>>489983927
you need a seal or the DLC staff
>>
>wanna do a pure fistacuffs playthrough
>no dryleaf arts til lategame
wahhhhhh
>>
>>489983589
now cast terra magica
>>
>>489983996
>seal
what's that
>>
>>489983889
Given that he has grace he could probably partly resist it. We could in his God form of all things a little bit. It takes 2 grabs for us to be killed. He'd probably try the same on morgott in his kid form and and get squished by his golden hammer like a bug
>>
File: thanks mike.png (143 KB, 793x184)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>
>>489984060
Staff equiv for incants
>>
>>489984060
A type of weapon that lets you cast incantations. Like the one you bought from Brother Corbyn.
>>
>>489984009
Cheat
>>
File: 1721519077298326m.jpg (108 KB, 692x1024)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
It seems like miquella snatched mohg's corpse after he died but a little for leda and we show up. I think pic related happend. I think that miquella is actually the physically strongest demigod but his body is fragile. He can lift really heavy things and probably hit like an mantis shrimp but one of his siblings flicking him would've instantly killed him he's so physically weak. He's a glass cannon. He has 99 str and 99 faith and everything else wasn't levled.
>>
ice cream truck
cherry on top
>>
>>489984413
he's the ultimate viglet...
99 str, dex, fai and int...
>>
>>489983619
I can cope because as a White Mask, I get to wear the drippiest shoes in the entire game
>>
>>489983428
her "family" is probably the biggest bunch of insufferable power hungry subhumans in the lands between
I cannot think of any personality trait of any of the demigods other than their pursuit of power and their ideology
>>
>>489984009
Just CE them in
At least unlike bone fist they don't have outrageous requirements
>>
>>489984562
Then spend your next, oh, 10 levels on INT.
>>
File: 1698115861944350.jpg (2.01 MB, 2560x1440)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>489981529
20 is the best low level bracket for pvp, but if you want cospaly invasions just do them on seamless, i have literally no shame for using this bullshit in vanilla because every second host has level 300 fuck buddies or equally minmaxed whites.

Seamless is super chill though.
>>
out of all women characters, who would be the most likely to not mind if you sleep with other people (very important lore question)
>>
>>489984794
Miquella.
>>
>>489984794
probably rya or therolina
>>
File: soil my sould.png (3.64 MB, 2560x1440)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB PNG
Bros im new to soulsgames and i rly like it so far but im going for mage build and can u tell me whitch stat i should bump more and how much mana/mind i should get?

+should i enchance demihuman staff or theres something better i can get if i just cleared that castle Morne
>>
>>489984727
tried that
rykard still has no human personality and is just seeking power
malenia, miquella, godrick, morgott, mohg all have no purpose in life other than to seek power
radahn is the only one who is not specifically seeking power, but he has no personality outside being a great warrior
ranni is the only one that talks to you at a human level
>>
>>489984839
just keep playing normally
put mind to 20 until you can afford throw away points
>>
>>489984839
prioritize hitting 40 vigor then 60 vigor later in the game first
>>
Malenia is pure dex
Godrick is quality
Godfrey is quality but respecs into a str build when he becomes horah
Morgott is dex_arcane
Mohg is arcane with some str
Radahn is str/int
Rellana is quality/int with some faith
Rennala is pure int with some dex for cast speed
Rykard is str/int-faith
Radagon is dex/int-faith
Marika is faith with a little bit of str
Miquella is a viglet with max damage stats
Melina and messmer are dex/faith
Ranni is pure int
Maliketh is str/faith
Blaidd is str/int
Gideon is int/faith
Godwyn was str/faith
>>
>>489984839
demi-human staff is good enough for now (the best staff below 48 int), don't search online for gear
get like 20 points in mind first otherwise you'll be drinking too much
if you feel like you're getting hit too often because of lack of stamina get some points in endurance
if you feel like you're dying too often/quickly upgrade your vigor
if you want more damage, upgrade your int, can't go wrong with that
>>
>>489984756
I have done nothing but cosplay invade on seamless and it's great

I just wanted to try the original game where the temptation to cheat things in is less and I actually have to "beat the game" if I want to twink, as in, RL1 with +3 weapons

Might just go to 20 anyways since 10 vigor is boring for pve
>>
>>489984839
You can pretty much just do whatever you want bro
You can buy upgrade material later after finding some collectives so upgrade your stuff to do more damage yes pls (sorcery scaling is what your spells multiply when calculating their damage)
Demi-human staff has a neat quirk where it gives real good scaling when your INT isn't very high but has diminishing returns later, it's alrite
But really just play it by ear do whatever feels right
I like having excess mana so I get like 20 mind or 25 or so, technically the "softcap" is 38 because you'll have as much mana as a maxed out blue flask heals but you really don't need it
Have fun bwo
>>
>>489985070
i agree with those but malenia casts scarlet aeonia and has some clone attacks going on so i dont know if it's pure dex or not
>>
>>489985180
20 is the best. You can do all sorts of fuckery if you do the DLC content too. Divine Beast Head gives you 8 stats for free for example. That's almost 2 stat boosting talismans plus a buff to storm stuff.
>>
>>489985504
that's UGLY
>>
File: 1723038387510671.jpg (2.25 MB, 3166x2048)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB JPG
>>489985070
>Malenia is pure sex
ftfy
>>
File: Beep by Jordan Peele.png (1.21 MB, 1062x1082)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
The lore problem is not a fromsoft general problem. Dark Souls explained almost all of its major lore concepts adequately enough and those which weren't explained can be guessed at with high confidence. Elden Ring just DOESN'T explain most of its major plot points. Why did Marika shatter the Elden Ring? There's some vague allusion to her questioning the golden order and we know it happened after a bunch of her kids started getting killed, but it's still a big question mark as to her real reason. We know exactly why Gwyn linked the fire. He saw the rising power of humanity, through the ability of the dark soul to grow in power exponentially through its division into many parts as a threat to the rule of his dynasty. The age of fire was temporary, it would eventually sputter and fade, at which point the age of dark would come and humanity would be ascendant, with the power to cast down the gods as the gods had done to the ancient dragons. In an act of desperation he hurled himself into the flame to extend its lifespan and keep his dynasty in power.

DS and ER are so lopsided in terms of how well they explain the lore it's unbelievable. Nothing in Elden Ring comes close to the level of detail even secondary concepts get in Dark Souls. Idk why they went this way, but I'm not a fan. DS was already vague enough.
>>
>>489986076
they used their popularity of doing "vague" storytelling as a clutch since it's hard to tell a story like elden ring while sticking to souls gameplay
>>
Gowry says betrayal is needed for Millicent to bloom.
But how does he know this?
Who betrayed Malenia that caused her to bloom in the first place?
And how does that line up with our fight with her in the Haligtree?
I had thought that:
>The First Defense of Leyndell
>A sovereign alliance rots from within
>Traces yet remain of bloody conspiracy
Was about an alliance between Malenia and Radahn, the bloody conspiracy being Radahn getting framed for Miquella's kidnapping by Mohg, leading to Malenia fighting him and blooming from that feeling of betrayal.
But that doesn't really line up with the DLC where she's more explicitely there on Miquella's orders with the whole
>Radahn heard a murmur in his ear— "Miquella awaits thee, O promised consort."
And even if that was more of her being betrayed by Miquella, figuring out his plan mid battle and feeling upset he'd not involved her that still doesn't explain our fight against her in the Haligtree.
That could've only really been explained with that idea that Millicent's quest got cut short and she was going to become Malenia at which point you would've betrayed her.

It all feels sloppy.
Not to mention that Radahn's clearly fighting for his life, he doesn't seem like someone that wants to be killed and forced to be Miquella's eternal cocksleeve.
And yet he made a promise? Did he renege on the promise? Was he charmed? If he was charmed wouldn't it have been broken when Miquella's rune was broken?
I hate this.
>>
>>489985070
Radagon would be str fth int like Marika? Why would be associated with dex other than the cast speed icon?
>>
>>489986076
Yeah the school of the dragon where people learn soul sorcery feels much more real than raya lucaria (a place we actually go to)
>>
File: 1697692639184672.png (256 KB, 741x320)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
does this works with ashes of war?
>>
>>489986937
Nyo
>>
>>489971923
what does that have to do with tabletop?
>>
>>489986886
Bad faith response. The school of dragon magic is a secondary lore concept. It's irrelevant to the main plot. Raya Lucaria is an essential part of the story of the Liurnia of the lakes zone, the Ranni questline, the story of the one of the shardbearers, and that of Radagon. It would be like comparing Vinheim to Lothric. It's so out of left field.

Compare Vinheim instead to something like the reedlands or the badlands from Elden Ring, places far away from the game area.
>>
>>489986481
>The battle of the First Defense of Leyndell
>A sovereign alliance, from within collapses,
>becoming a defeated army
>A blood plot, these are the traces
Anon, you're taking it too literally. It's just the Golden Lineage trying to do a coup and ending up with them being defeated.
However, blooming is linked to your mental state iirc, which is why Gowry tells you to betray Millicent. Putting in the shitty DLC lore, Malenia got too horny thinking of his brother getting fucked by Radahn and bloomed.
>>
>>489987167
>Bad faith response.
No it's not, raya lucaria is a castlevania level with random hostile enemies and a big dog
It's not good lore
>>
>>489986481
I can explain the betrayal aspect. Their remembrance alludes to radahn being kind not only to miquella but to malenia as well as it uses "their" cursed forms. That means based on what we know, only three of her relatives really gave a shit about her, miquella, godwyn, and radahn. With godwyn now dead miquella is forcing her to kill her only other relative who gave a shit about her.
Yes radahn is fighting for his life that's the whole point of their fight. It's clear he agreed to the vow and that miquella's part was only completed after radahns death, while this is headcanon of course, I think radahn simply said "yeah kid ill be your consort if you or your champion is able to kill me in battle". It's an ultimatum, something you give someone that's a seemingly impossible task you think they wouldn't actually be able to do. If you look at their fight you can see radahns face switch from shock to anger quickly. He realized miquella took him up on it and that he may very well be forced to be his buttslave.
>>
>>489986481
Radahn wasn't fighting for his life going by his gestures in that trailer. He just wanted a really good, honorable fight
>>
>>489986768
That hammer is marika's not his. We find the weapon he used proper. He altered the moonlight greatsword rennala gave him as a wedding gift. He turned it golden order after he left her. And it's a dex/faith weapon.
>>
>>489987318
>yeah kid ill be your consort if you or your champion is able to kill me in battle
how would that work if the secret rite is, you know, secret? there was no way to know how to "resurrect" someone unless this was common knowledge laying around in the shadow keep
>>
>>489986481
With gowrys dialog it's not betrayal tha sparks the bloom. Just intense emotion in general, because you're the only one she trusts betraying her would make her feel the strongest emotion she can.
>>
>>489987509
>upon her spouse
Isn't spouse a feminine word?
>>
File: Spellbound.png (1.94 MB, 1200x1200)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
I want to believe.
>>
>>489987675
The Age of Stars game, Rannichads won.
>>
>>489987518
It may genuinely be common knowledge, secret to most except those in the know as is morgott's identity, or why marika banished godfrey, or the location of the three fingers, or ranni's shenanigans, etc.
>>
>>489987653
no
>>
>>489987653
spouse = marriage partner regardless of sex
>>
>>489987653
No it's gender neutral as a term to call your husband or wife.
>>
>>489987781
then the easiest way to heal malenia wouldn't be searching for fundamentalism or unalloyed gold but just killing and reviving her
>>
>>489987879
>>489987914
Oh, okay.
>>
>>489987958
Possibly. Or maybe not. As shown with ranni, whatever ties an empyrean has to the whatever took a liking to them seems tied with their soul rather than their body
while the fingers no longer has any say in her existence, the moon seems to still loom over ranni as seen in the ending
Its likely her very being is tied to the rot, much like how rannis spirit is tied to the moon, that even swapping bodies it'd still rot away.
>>
>>489987509
Doesn't matter if it's Marika's hammer we fight him using it and he clearly has no problems using it. I think as Rad's icon suggests he was basically trying to be a jack of all trades (complete) so basically like Gideon but for all main dmg stats except ARC. Also that Greatsword has STR tax so I don't buy he's more dex leaning that STR.
>>
>Marika is victim to bonny village
>Becomes a god somehow
>Doesn't get revenge herself, instead decides one of her kids is too cringe and needs to earn her love by killing hornsent forever, with no plans to let him out ever because she thinks snakes are icky
>Doesn't even tell him to attack bonny village so after hundreds of years they're still putting random people in jars
Am I supposed to feel bad for this bitch? I don't.
>>
>>489987675
>The image is no longer available or is not publicly accessible
wtf real?
>>
>>489988370
Only a 16 str tax. Meanwhile it needs more dex at 21 than. Even 20 str as needed for marikas hammer isn't out of the ballpark for certain dex weapons. I do agree he tried being a jack of all trades however.
>>
>>489988332
dung eater cursing people's bloodline and them (even if they reincarnate), godwyn's body trying to revive itself and still being "cursed" with death blight, it's just very convenient how radahn's rot disappears the moment he swaps bodies, same as mohg's
>>489988370
i dont think using a hammer is that difficult you're just slamming it around after all, radagon also had a needle to sew clothes so my opinion is that he would be dex leaning
>>
>>489988523
ok but horsemites lost.
>>
>>489988708
That's a part I do agree with. From everything we see with the rot and even frenzy flame outergod nonsense can affect the soul not just the body. The only headcanon I can come up with is that his rune saved his soul from being too damaged by the rot and that if he didn't have it on him he'd be as fucked as the rotted spirits we see. Still damaged but salvageable.
"The Great Rune burns, to resist the encroachment of the scarlet rot."
>>
>>489982894
I wouldn't blame him, must've been pretty hot to witness such carnage.
>>
File: thrax-cid-infantry.jpg (353 KB, 1920x977)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
So we know that Bandai Namco has revealed its list of 'hands on demos' for Gamescom 2024. This will occur in 9 days on the 21st. We do not, however, know what games they intend on revealing or announcing or teasing or whatever on the big stage. Demos and reveals are different. So I think there's still hope for a fromsoft game reveal. We know fromsoft has multiple teams working on a handful of projects at a time. It's unclear if that's 2 projects or more, but at their current cadence it's probable that they have something ready to show off soon. Fromsoft has shown off all of their new games at E3, but since E3 was discontinued they have to look for new places to announce their games. Gamescom is now the largest gaming convention in the world so it only makes sense for it to occur there.
>>
>>489989279
God I hope for another Elden Ring dlc
>>
>>489982894
>>489989137
Imagine a 9ft tall blonde golden eyed woman covered in blood and powerbomming some piece of shit out of existence. How could you not fall for that?
>>
>>489988982
The golden order are the semites. Who else have "gold" in their names? And messmer builds (((golems)))
>>
>>489989092
i understand where you're coming from, we see it burning from his jerren introduction and when in the 2nd phase when he comes back, unfortunately it's also another lore that doesn't make sense when you realize the great runes are all inactive and we have his rune with us
>The Great Runes you receive by defeating shardbearers have lost their beneficial power.
>"Listen, the Fingers speak. "The Greater Will has long renounced the demigods. Tarnished, show no mercy. Have their heads. Take all they have left."
Malenia's power is explained by her "spirit" (?), so even if it's inactive it's her power, something that's not really stated for Radahn
>And yet, due to the infusion of Malenia's spirit of resistance. attacks made immediately after receiving damage will partially recover HP.
>The Great Rune burns
>>
THE LOATHSOME DUNG EATER
>>
>>489989279
My expectation is the next From reveal is at The Game Awards.
I wouldn't even be shocked if it was Sekiro 2 and the Deflecting Tear was to Sekiro 2 the same way Chester was to Bloodborne, a sneaky little hint.
>>
>>489989557
And messmer builds (((golems)))
Kek
>Who else have "gold" in their names?
Hornsent love their gold and horn (demon) imagery anon
You could make an argument christcusk are just judeo-goyim anyways the Golden Order is Christianity + Empire. Hornsemites are very Caananite and like sticking pagan white women into jars to mix with random slop (promoting culture and race-mixing). Remember it was the Hornsemites that put the gold and other ideas into Marika's head as the GO took ideas from the previous culture much like how Northern Euro pagans adopted Christianity.
>>
>>489977050
Hey, that worked really great. Thanks!
>>
>>489990089
But the bible says the canaanites were the predecessors of the israelites who were driven out by them on God's orders. They were semitic like a Palestinian is semitic but not jewish
>>
File: 1702577815480057.jpg (49 KB, 279x307)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>Get killed in seamless as an invader
>
>Get killed in vanilla as an invader
>Shit pots, teabags, points downs
Why does this happen
>>
>>489983019
>i dont enjoy having my nuts put in a vice
dont use the finger then, if that's how you feel. why do you act like you're being force to play an optional minigame when you hate it. for some of us, fighting against tough odds is part of what makes invading exciting. if i wanted "fairness" id join the mouthbreathing arena duelists
>>
How come this is better than any elden ring dialogue? https://youtu.be/wcPDadbn8hc
>>
>>489989869
the poosome poo pooer
>>
File: Mohgwyn.jpg (1.77 MB, 2160x2755)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
this pic goes so hard
>>
>>489990638
DO NOT REDEEM TARNISHED!
>>
>>489990643
WHO are these
it does btw
>>
>>489990637
because it looks like an actual person talking instead of someone trying to be edgy
>>
>>489990313
oh frog in a well, realize how big the world really is.
>>
>he stopped drawing Miquella altogether
SAD!!
>>
>>489990929
curse you, miyazaki!
>>
>>489990308
Well, it's not going to fit perfectly like a glove, remember the Hornsent have dancing Lion which are Chinese-inspired if I'm not mistaken and the curved swords are maybe Chinese as well but they also revere storms and beasts which I'm not sure where that comes from.

The whole horns-being ill-omen post-Golden and Order being established reminds me of Christianity demonizing European pagan entities like pan and I guess cows which of course had horns.

To give a serious answer I still think Hornsent and Inir-Ilim are more Semitic/middle-eastern Eastern than Marika's people who are Christian/Gnostic.
>>
File: eldenring_OGoQd29HsU.jpg (845 KB, 1920x1080)
845 KB
845 KB JPG
Hm?
>>
>>489973493
this area is epic, but it is begging for a unique death-related boss in place of that death rite bird
>>
>>489989738
Oh I know it's shitty. A lot of even base elden rings lore has many holes and inconsistencies in it. The dlc just makes things more glaring.
>>
>>489990752
Ngl he is a good summon
>>
>>489991091
They worship beasts because of Moloch.
>>
>I shall remember thee, Tarnished
>Smould'ring with thy meagre flame
>>
>>489991209
>unique death-related boss in place of that death rite bird
bro your tibia mariner that summons a royal revenant?
>>
>Cower in fear of the night
>>
>>489991286
Kek! Also that Bvll statue Baal or whatever? Something about a giant bvll statue that they would burn people alive in. It's just their heccin' culture bro.
>>
>>489982287
I don't like killing NPCs either, only did it on maybe two characters. Don't like killing Rykard either, it's a boring boss, I only go there if I really need something
>>
OH ALSO It's never explained who the fuck Melina is and how she got all burned and bodyless or what the rune on her eye is. It's never explained where Messmer's snake came from? THESE ARE MAJOR CHARACTERS AND THE GAME IS ALL LIKE 'yeah he just has snakes in him, because... you know, that happens'. And Miquella, why was he cursed with eternal childhood? Wtf.

What the fuck? I get the omen twins because the hornsent cursed Marika and Malenia because of the rot god but the rest are totally out of nowhere with no precedent or connection to any other part of the lore.
>>
>>489991407
Moloch and Baal tend to be mixed together. Or do you mean the Brass Bull?
>>
>>489991405
>Emboldened by the flames of ambition
>>
>>489969862
I like going light load and running Blue Dancer
Heavy footwork gets like +30 AR at ~12 load
>>
>>489991386
we both posted it again, we both get the award
>>
>>489991503
Yeah a giant bull statue that apparently children were sacrificed into for a quote and quote "holocaust" and IIRC it was brass or gold. It was referenced in DS2. I think it was referenced in that old movie Metropolis.
>>
>>489991446
miquella being cursed with eternal childhood is just to remember marika the eternal, even if it doesn't make sense
something that they don't explain is vyke somehow having two great runes even though there's 6 towers and all of them already have a demigod rune on them :)
>>
>>489984756
I made a low level invader, level 25 +3. I played through the game to get the 4 talisman slots and even made it into the DLC for talismans. but low level invasions you will have to drop the cosplay most of the time because of poorly scaled summons. just carry waves of darkness, storm stomp, flaming strike, and carian retaliation and you should be able to deal.
>>
File: 0134.gif (780 KB, 340x453)
780 KB
780 KB GIF
the only thing worse than hosts dying to malenia are hosts equipped with DLC gear dying to malenia
>>
File: tenor.gif (1.7 MB, 498x372)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB GIF
>>489991682
Yeah, it's Moloch.
Can't remember who worshipped him. Carthage?
>>
>>489991941
Waves are pretty poor at low levels. Zamor Ice Storm is better.
If you can, get hoarah loux earthshaker too.
>>
level hp and mp get bare minimum stats to use spells you like, upgrading your staff will net you more damage than pumping int esp early game.
>>
File: file.jpg (54 KB, 435x567)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>
>>489992316
yo baal is pogging
>>
>>489992453
Checked to be sure, Moloch doesn't have anything to do with Carthage, it's that comic I read that had it wrong.
>>
>>489992192
overupdating and overleveling is always bad because then you can't play with people.
Only level as fast as you can when the game is dead.
>>
>Gwyndolin has snake legs
>It doesn't factor into discussion of the character and interpretations are a focal point of chatting about him and dark souls 1 in general
>Meanwhile in elden ring every weird thing has to be related to a big Capitalized Concept that we know almost nothing about, leading to all discussion just being about inane nonsense like who the gloam eyed queen is as if it even matters
>>
so i got done with the game, killed super radhan and his faggot boyfriend.

I REALLY enjoyed the game and im sad I wont get to play something like it in at least 5 more years (if ever). Only complaint I have is that the game is so freaking lonely, this sort of crap works well in dark souls since is a more contained experience, but on something as huge as ER a companion would have been much appreciated, melina was supposed to be that but she fucks off and we only see her a few times till she kills herself (screams of cut content). As much as I enjoy fromsoft style of rpgs, I hope they make something more "traditional" in the future.
>>
>>489984839
>>489992192
brain smooth meant to reply to this
>>
>>489990926
I like how this show recognizes how retarded anime is and just leans into it
>>
>>489990624
but i literally said i find my own ways to have fun
you want to play in a world where bhb does a 1k running attack then do what you want
>>
>>489992554
Because Dark Souls explains most of its lore.
>>
>>489990637
sovl
>>
>>489992795
That one shits on your slut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugm8gxFtzlU
>>
File: IMG_0735.jpg (38 KB, 405x720)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
These guys are the scariest, hardest, most panic inducing enemies From ever developed. Mfs are harder then most bosses. Idk if I love or hate them, but fuck me, every time I face them I feel genuine fear and anxiety.
>>
>>489992554
Elden ring as lore gaps as wide as my asshole is the problem
Gwyndolin having snake legs is like, whatever
We don't have any reason to believe that matters or is important
It's like radagon having his asscrack out during his bossfight (he does), it's just a thing and that's fine
>>
>>489990929
BASED
>>
>>489980184
>And he also teached Malenia at some point btw which is why they share movesets
if anything it'd be the other way around. Morgott was the sewer hobo with no education while Malenia has been an undefeated master since she was a young girl courtesy of the Blind Swordsman's tutelage.
>>
>>489992959
Yesterday I went through Rauh killing everything and contrary to what I remembered:
> divine bird warrior was a total jobber
> horned warriors were pretty tough
> curseblades were a nightmare
they're very good at evading attacks and closing gaps for sure
>>
>>489992606
Being an irony poisoned goylet who can't take anything seriously is the cancer killing media so I'm glad for it
Zoro didn't have to say "oh my chimichanga am I right?? while looking at the camera" for it to be fucking sick
Live action adaptations need to do it (it being follow the source material) more, there's a reason shit is popular
>>
>>489992959
They're just annoying because they spend 90% of an encounter being a giant continuous hyperarmour hitbox that hits 28 times while moving forward just slightly faster than you can roll away and tracking you perfectly right up until the single narrow moment where you're allowed to escape if your timing is perfect and you've trial and errored enough to know that's the point where the tracking arbitrarily shuts off.

A great example of why the Sekiro guy doesn't understand souls combat.
>>
>>489992581
Try some co-op/pvp before you move on anon, who knows you might like it kek
>>
good morning erg!
>>
>>489993439
You are not HIM
>>
>>489992884
sounds like a redditor doing a yoda impression
>>
File: Average Indian waterfall.jpg (998 KB, 2560x1440)
998 KB
998 KB JPG
>>489992316
>hefty pot throwing animation

>>489993439
GOOOOD MORNING SAAR
>>
Gentle persuasion.
>>
>>489992581
>but on something as huge as ER a companion would have been much appreciated, melina was supposed to be that but she fucks off and we only see her a few times till she kills herself (screams of cut content).
Right?
I wish we had a "talk to melina" everywhere
Also have some friendly overworld villages for fucks sake
>>
>>489992554
The difference, and reason ER lore is ass, is because of the following.
In old Souls games, the major concepts, story beats and happenings are described in detail to paint a broad picture of what is going on. All of the minor, weird things like snake legs, are not touched on at all because they are irrelevant.

Contrarily, in ER, all the major concepts, story beats and happenings are piece meal, with poor connectivity and outright missing information. The picture being painted is completely disjointed with lots of dead space and poor color choice.
While on the other hand, we have numerous small details filled in here and there that are completely fucking irrelevant and just make you go "What?"
EX: Gaius being an Albinauric and a single random fucking Albinauric running around in a locked off gate holding his legs.
>>
>host kicks the phantom who refused to participate in the invader gangbang
lol serves you fucking right for not following the rules
>>
>>489993439
good morning lizzer
>>
>>489993364
I think they’re freakish, distorted, body horror abomination of a look pays a good part on the “anxiety and panic” anon said. Silent Hill type of shit. Great design imo.
>>
File: 1701760110428990.jpg (280 KB, 1948x2048)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>kalé knows blaidd
>why?
>kekaroo fuck you sucker
This is the type of shit this game does
>>
>>489993980
All the npc quests are basically linked, in a terrible way. It doesn't feel like a cool transition between story beats but rather it just feels like the world is tiny
>>
>>489992959
>3k souls
>respawn
yeah no i'm not fighting you ever
>>
File: 1717106183789152.gif (62 KB, 200x200)
62 KB
62 KB GIF
>>489993439
good morning ryaposter
>>489993980
>ranni "hears" about a tarnished running around with torrent
>only makes sense if you've spoken with blaidd first
>will happen regardless if you do it or not
>>
>brooo we fight this boss at their weakest.... we could never best zanzibart in his prime!
Why are fromsoft fans like this? Half the time when we fight a boss they're at their strongest. Godfrey as a tarnished is prime Godfrey. Sure there are also plenty of times a character is in an awful state like artorias and the story actually works instead of "uhhh I wanna jerk off to this power fantasy"
>>
File: draw distance.png (1.89 MB, 1005x1142)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
Has the draw distance always been this bad or did they fuck things up with the dlc?
I have over 600 hours and I am noticing this only now. It's driving me insane and can't enjoy the game anymore.
>>
what's the point of the second door out of the hag's room in belurat? did it originally lead somewhere else before they redesigned the dungeon?
>>
>>489994806
>yoo imagine fighting prime radahn
>when his "braindead" fight is literally just a normal person fighting
>>489994983
making the design more natural? but you're probably right
>>
>>489994983
whats the point of the middle bonfire when the elevator exists
>>
>>489982287
I feel bad killing innocents, but i feel worse missing out on fashions
>>
>>489995384
I wish I could drop stuff from the people I kill in multiplayer like it happens in Nioh.
I'd finish gearing an invader just from a few hours of fighting password phantoms in Limgrave.
>>
>i'll make my knight tarnished ty!!!!
>nvm sorry i was joking
what was the point of this
>>
File: 1697017712344304.png (1.89 MB, 1024x1024)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
All other DLCs were always considered masterpieces and the best of what said game has to offer.
Shadow of the Erdtree either highlights Elden Ring's flaws (in gameplay, story or questlines) or, at it's best, it just ends up being "more Elden Ring", instead of improving the experience as a whole.
>>
File: 1721484369556418.png (52 KB, 227x206)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>489995828
it's called humilliation ritual
>here's an NPC that acts human
>he will give you a purpose in your journey and possibly be a guiding hand
>nvm lol this is a souls game go fuck yourself

>here's a fair lady who wants you to deliver a letter to her father
>her father decides to go retire with his daughter after receiving the letter

>here is a
>>
>>489995905
do you think the b team feels bad about consistently being failures?
in soulslikes by other companies like nioh or code vein they can always cope that they're focusing on a different thing or going for a different audience. but team b have no excuse because they're from soft making from soft games, they just suck shit at it.
>>
>>489982287
my first playthrough I did it, but subsequent ones I just do it up to the second one, because I want to kill rykard before getting to mountaintops
>>
File: GUyOgQIbUAAWCnl.jpg (484 KB, 1097x2047)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>
>>489996191
but this was made by the a team
>>
>>489996083
Please stop using this forced /v/ meme ty
>>
>>489995905
>people talk about how Messmer is just going to be a random jobber
>his fight and the Shadow Keep are the highlights of the DLC
But yeah, ER's DLC is the first one to not be unanimously considered the peak of their respective games, aside from maybe Ashes of Ariandel.
>>
>>489995905
ashes of ariandel wasn't that great, neither was sunken king
>>
godawful LOD
>>
>>489995905
SotC vastly improves the design of the overworld and side dungeons but it falls flat on major dungeons and misses the ball on boss design. It's clear where the focus really was.
>>
File: eldenring_1rTBUOzP2K.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
I honestly feel like rogier and D are pretty much the only actual NPCs in this game
>corwyn
Basically says nothing interesting all game
>diallos
He's ok but he barely does anything
>roderika
Is ok but just turns into a vendor
>fia
Sits there until she kills D
At least rogier is in stormveil for a reason, something happens to him, he talks to us about current events (D, godwyns body, killing godrick), he has connections to the world (knows about the centipede cursemark, is a bit of a historian and tells us about the night of black knives, knows D from the old days)
This game is really really missing on this aspect compared to DS1 and 2, 3 I don't really remember much about
>>
>>489996406
Messmer yes, Shadow Keep is extremely overrated though.
Still the best legacy dungeon I guess but that's just because there are only three and they're all mid.
>>
>>489996623
I have the opposite opinion. I thought Shadow Keep was mostly great but Messmer was easy as fuck and boring compared to BAYLE or Midra (Also easy as fuck but great fight)
>>
>>489996621
I agree about rogier, but D? the guy does nothing except sell a few useless incantations and tell you to go to gurranq
>>
The main thing that the DLC does right is having the scadutree fragments so that like they can generically reqardexploration by juat tossing one in like corners that look like they'd have something. They should have something like this going forward that like you can spend on very tiny passive buffs just to like have like something to toss in they don't have to make unique every single time but still being more rewarding than random crafting materials
>>
>>489995905
world design and minidungeons are better than in the main game, a lot of the new weapons and items are also improvements (fire knights gs for example), craftables were improved, too
>>
>>489996621
that one harassment vs flirting meme but it's about lore dump and it's melina and rogier
>>
>>489996783
True but he has a bit of lore (with his brother), gives you information about the world, is connected to 2 other NPCs (fia and rogier) and has some relevance in their whole questline
Meanwhile what else do we get, house hoslow is written in blood guy and... priest who sits there while you and goldmask fuck?
Varre who says le maidenless and has you kill people and that's it?
D isn't much but we barely get anything else
Even pooguy who is in the opening just... kills people
Maybe blaidd is ok? But he doesn't do a lot either, he's more of a ranni quest setpiece
>>
>>489993609
right?, I wish we could have some place to return to or a reason to kill every demi god in the land between, at the end of the road I just thought "why did I even killed all this faggots", ER needed another ending were our tarnished rejects everything and leaves on a boat to have further adventures beyond the lands. I dont care about the golden order, or the tree, or marika or any of those fucks.
>>
>>489990929
The Miquella artists that still draw him don't even draw Radahn, I've still see more Miq/Mal fanart than Radahn even after the DLC butchered their relationship. What the FUCK were they thinking
>>
>>489996621
How did he get afflicted by death? Did he just touched the face underneath stormveil castle and boom he got deathblight?
>>
>>489985070
>Mohg is arcane with some str
Feels he should be STR with a forced ARC dip.
>>
File: eldenring_kGFklWVQeF.jpg (433 KB, 1920x1080)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>489997126
Yes
He tells you not to fuck with it
>>
>>489985070
>Miquella is a viglet with a lv. 713 summon
ftfy
>>
>>489997090
>What the FUCK were they thinking
Rian Johnson.
>>
>>489997126
He ate some of it
>>
>>489997126
He tried to urinate on it.
>>
Nice lore you have there faggots:

Empyrean grandma was changed to hornsent lmaook
>>
>>489993609
>melina
doesn't show up anywhere, not even when levelling up
>latenna
2? dialogues
>millicent
"random" spots where you talk with her
those all stay with us on our adventure but the world still feels empty
>>489997396
nox were called the "empyrean family" and marika's kin in 1.00 so they probably don't have a definite answer of what's an empyrean or not
>>
>>489997396
kill all hornsent
>>
>>489997382
And it climbed up his pee stream and into his urethra?
>>
>>489997558
I KNEW I WASNT CRAZY I COULDVE SWORN THAT THE NIX WERE EMPYREANS
>>
>>489997704
Like one of those tiny river fishies
>>
>>489996464
Sunken is extremely good wtf.
>>489996781
Mesmer is easy don't get me wrong, I killed him on the first attempt I saw his second phase. But he's built up well and is aesthetically cool and I imagine he'll probably be fun to fight on higher NG+ where he doesn't crumple instantly.
Shadow Keep is mostly linear with a couple of branches to leave the dungeon. Pulling the lever to move the hanging specimens is a one time thing that seems cool on a surface level but doesn't actually serve a meaningful purpose, they could have just had stairs in place of the lever and it'd be identical from a gameplay perspective. You fight the same easy shadow goombas you've fought all DLC long with the occasional fire knight as the only real variety.
Church District is functionally a separate dungeon which has a path leading to Shadow Keep. It could have been cool if the water part lasted more than 5 seconds and if the worms in the water actually attacked you as you tried to platform your way around. But no, it's ultimately just more aesthetic stuff that doesn't change the gameplay experience at all.
>>
>>489998073
Wowzers
>>
>>489998109
worms...?
>>
>>489997090
True Miquella lovers support his husband too
>>
>>489998109
>Sunken is extremely good wtf.
I like it in general, and shulva is a fun and challenging area, but it's the weakest of the three DS2 DLCs and it's brought down by having two boss fights back to back and having one of the shittiest boss fights in the game, the gank squad

also fuck poison, it is literally never fun
>>
>>489996826
The main game already had those in the form of flask upgrades. And it also had random weapons or spells or ashes of war they could scatter throughout.
Previous DLCs didn't have this problem, the problem is SotE is just too big. Even with Scadutree Fragments and the Spirit Ash equivalent there's still smithing stone 2s and crafting mats and cookbooks everywhere.
Also Scadutree Fragments completely fuck up the balance of the DLC. I had good fights against Dancing Lion and Rellana due to starting with no Scadutree Bleeding, then I easily destroyed every boss after them due to exploring, until Radahn who was a challenge again because he's meant to be fought at the end.
>>
File: GUxfxJFbYAAngJ3.jpg (305 KB, 1228x1795)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Say something nice
>>
I hate the nascency "theory" so much, taking two seconds to think about it should be enough to tell you how retarded (and convenient) it is
>>
>>489998605
I haven't done the DLC yet but I'm worried about this
I don't want to gigarape the game because of some scadooshtree shit I picked up
>>
>>489998230
Tree Spirits
>>
>>489998665
I hate how like it's presented as fact so I've had to tell multiple normals that like that's just a tiktok theory and not actually in the game
>>
File: 1723117702904382.jpg (234 KB, 1385x887)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>489998658
Personally i think they make a cute pair
>>
>>489998747
It just works like the flask upgrades, and only effects the dlc
If you're worried about it, like just like collect like the fragments and then only use them if you hit a wall
>>
wtf is "nascency"
>>
am i the only one who laughed aloud at the condition of the Haligtree town, seeing the literal conga line of scarlet rot corpses waiting for an absent Miquella made me think it's an allegory for an overburdened free healthcare system
>>
nascency deez nuts
>>
>>489998658
Killing him felt nice.
>>
>miquella/malenia kino got deleted by the shit DLC where radahn is randomly his boywife
le sigh
>>
>>489998859
Pairing war gods with love goddesses is a millennia old tradition
>>
>>489998905
the state of your brain
>>
>>489999053
kys incest cuck
>>
>>489998905
Headcanon on tiktok about like that Miquella's curse wasn't just that he's stuck young forever, but that the curse is that nothing he touches or is associated with will ever be completed, like the haligtree or his plans for godhood or his eternal youth
>>
>>489998658
He has a cute butt
>>
>>489999192
What? Incest is good
>>
>>489999215
sounds like what i call retarded
>>489999192
no malenai should kill radahn and rape him
>>
>>489999192
But anon, Miquella and Radahn are...
>>
>>489998747
Since you're here I assume you don't mind spoilers so consider restricting your Scadutree level until you've beat every boss in >>486825049 that has a lower level
Even those seem too high honestly but it's better than nothing. (Bayle in particular is silly, he's more like 12-14 imo)
>>
Kill Miquella.
Shit down Miquellas throat.
Pluck Miquellas eyes from their sockets.
Castrate Miquella with a rusty knife.
>>
>>489999487
Yeah I thought it was on pickup but the other guy makes it seem like you gotta use it so it's fine then
>>
>>489999298
Yeppers
>>
Say something sad
>>
>>489999740
Post more. I want to see Mike suffer.
>>
>>489998658
I want to spank him in front of the maids.
Make it clear who's holding the reins.
>>
>>489999999
>>
>>489999740
>influx of eastern art stops
>now it's all westslop
This is how you measure how garbage the DLC's story was.
>>
what I play after Elden Ring
Evens Ds2
Odds Ds2 Softrs
0 Sekiro
>>
Fool
>>
>>489999740
I would simply kill miquellor without a second thought, the lore made him viciously retarded
>>489999954
/vg/ doesn't have those you stupid brown
>>
>>489999990
Wtf is Eastern European art
>>
>>489997396
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Imagine being a lorekek for ER holy shit...
>>
File: 1723379597746275.jpg (113 KB, 707x1000)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
Is it just me, or is Radahn somewhat based on Alexander/Iskandar the Great?
>>
>>489997396
They never fixed "Dusk-eyed Queen"
>>
>>490000067
It does for larger gets you dumb dumb stupid retard dumb, I'm not sure what the threshold is but 488888888 was a thing
>>
Miyazaki merely made sure that Ranni would be the eternal winner of Elden Ring.
Sorry.
>>
>>490000191
*rapes you*
>>
>>490000281
No you didnt
>>
File: miqltEluUjy.jpg (119 KB, 900x900)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>489999740
I believe Marika is incapable of loving anyone. Everyone and anyone is but assets to her, either to play along in her schemes or to be crushed without mercy, and I believe this is because of all the suffering she endured at the hornsents' hands, Marika is essentially an Ur-Quan controlling everyone to guarantee her own freedom and security, and if you don't blindly follow her, you are a seed that might grow into something dangerous one day.
>>
File: FNknW9EVgAA4xLF.png (126 KB, 850x769)
126 KB
126 KB PNG
I'm going to start playing the DLC soon.
I heard from a friend that almost all the questlines got retarded missables and failure points in it. Given that I'll probably only play through it once should I bother looking up a guide to not get fucked or just play it blind and look whatever I missed up later on >youtube
>>
Reminder Sony were planning to buy Fromsoft but after the head of PlayStation at the time saw Demon's Souls gameplay he thought the game will be a huge flop and they decided against the purchase

the way shuhei yoshida shat on the original game is unreal
>完成間近の段階でDemon’s Soulsを2時間ほどプレーしたが、2時間後にもプレーを開始した時と全く同じ場所に立ったままだった。
>「これは駄目だ。信じられないほど酷いゲームだ」と感じて、プレーを止めてしまったよ。
>I played an almost finalized version of the game for about 2 hours, but 2 hours after having started playing I was still standing there at the same location.
>"This is terrible. It's an incredibly awful game.", I thought to myself, and stopped playing.

then he ended up regretting it
>Demon’s Soulsの欧米販売を見送ったのは今世代最大の失態だった
>missing out on publishing Demon's Souls in the US and Europe was our biggest mistake ever this gen
>The game’s asynchronous messaging system and the ability to learn from other players’ mistakes helped inspire the Share button on the PS4 controller, Yoshida said
>>
>>490000839
Nothing is super substantial but a later boss encounter is made better if you do all the quests
>>
File: ( ( , ,.jpg (49 KB, 502x457)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>some random Literal Who has already Two-Shotted Consort Radahn with the appropriate buffs, weapon, consumables, etc.

Difficulty really IS relative, huh?
>>
>>489997396
Interesting.
What did the Jap text say, and did it also change?
>>
Say something mean
>>
>>490001119
idk who that is
>>
what the sigma this gameplay is so skibidi fr you only see this in ohio :skull: blud got no rizz
>>
>>490001339
I mean like that seems pretty rizztifigant to me, idk that seems like a krill issue
>>
>>490001119
For the love of god.
Put some meat on these arms.
>>
despite what zaki says, in canon the dlc takes place *after* you beat the base game right?
>messmer, miquella, leda and crew already calling you Lord of the Erdtree
>Only real reason you have to go there at all is to quell potential rival Lords and tie up Marika's loose ends
>>
File: NOTRANNIES.png (1.14 MB, 1178x779)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
NO TRANNIES IN MY ERA OF ORDER
>>
>>490001537
"Aspiring lord of the old order" implies you aren't elden lord yet
>>
>>490001004
didn't some guy one-shot him

literally spends like a minute buffing beforehand
>>
>>490000891
Eh, it's understandable. Demons not letting you do anything before you beat the first level is pretty silly. I'd take that misstep over being the one who killed Japan Studio.
>>
>>490001339
>evil redchud refuses to die
we need to make a petition about this
>>
>>490001065
it has also changed in the JP version yes.
>>
Radahn and Miquella? Can’t believe I stayed alive for this shit.

And no, I’m not schizo: My crooked spook foster father got me put on a watchlist as part of gaslighting me. My foster family has been telling everyone I was a monster abusing them in private since I was a little kid. It’s how they excused trying to get rid of me, got people around me to help them, and why nobody will help me now even when I show them documentation of people lying about me - including the police or even the damn FBI. It’s my word against my family’s, but they got their word in 30 years ago. Even if people believe me, it’s apparently just way too late and easier for everyone involved to have me discredited or silenced than to ever admit they believed a lie and acted on it without ever looking at the people putting them up to it.

So yeah, I really am headed out innawoods now that the worst heat of summer is passed. I really did buy a gun to take with me (for protection, of course,) and I really have been telling the truth about cops and feds monitoring me this whole time. My abusers flipped the script when still in elementary school and convinced the authorities I was a threat, which they believed because they saw the effects of the abuse I was receiving from everyone me since age 4 and thought it was symptoms of whatever my family claimed about me.

Sorry for shitting up the thread. I really did just think some of the parallels between the story and stuff from my life was funny, like my red haired twin sister trying to poison me after referring to me as a lion at times... no gay shit like the dlc, though. God damn. Even if I weren’t leaving, I wouldn’t be using this damn trip anymore. Ridiculous.
>>
>>490001890
>And no, I’m not schizo
That's exactly what a schizo would say.
>>
>>490001537
>>490001638
the simple answer is they don't know exactly how far you've progressed because they're too busy with their own shit, they just have a general idea that you're the closest person to becoming elden lord. so it can happen before or after the ending, barring endings that aren't compatible like you fucking off in ranni's ending, or the frenzy ending.
>>
File: greek.jpg (1.13 MB, 3840x2160)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
DLC has some great Iron age drip
>>
>>490002042
That's sick. I love it.
>>
>>490001890
Go live in another state and ditch your family / look for a lawyer there, change your name if you want / can schizo bro
And yeah the DLC was shit, rip, don't die
>>
>>490001963
That’s what one of *them* would say… Who are you with?? Haha, jk. Thanks for putting up with me.
>>
File: youknow.png (153 KB, 404x285)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>divine beast at 18 Skibidi
>do okay, have 12 flasks and kill it with 6 or 8 to spare
>fight the fallingstar beast
>spend fucking all of it
bros what the fuck it's such an easy opponent too
>>
>>490000891
you can argue anytihng about fromslopware but you can never argue how many things things mike got right the first time
>>
>>490002042
nice mantits faggot, lmao
>>
File: 1700413211488558.jpg (115 KB, 908x1023)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>490000891
>entire company gets filtered
>proceeds to make nothing but movie games afterwards
>>
>>490002507
What made DeS so special?
>>
>>490000891
lmao what a fucking faggot
>>
>>490002838
They thought the game would flop so they were willing to experiment with all sorts of random shit. World tendency wouldn't make the cut if DeS was released today.
>>
>>490001890
I am sincerely glad to hear that you are alive, and I believe you, and in my prayers I ask for your safety and well-being.
>>
>>490003310
World Tendency was always shit though.
>>
>>490002042
Any other helmets you found work well with Freyja armor?
Also it annoys the shit out of me there isn't a real great roundshield. They're all ovals and shit.
Messmer soldiers shield is the closest thing and its tiny
>>
>>490003367
Was still experimental and interesting, two words that can't be used to describe SotE.
>>
>>489998665
>>489998768
>hear about theory
>dogshit
yeah
>>
>>490001890
You are schizo
>>
>>490002838
from the atmosphere to the online features it is a product from someone with 0 game experience bringing something fresh to the table
most games now are homogeneous. contrived born only from losers that have 0 inspiration other than other games
>>
>>490003367
>>490003578
>Was still experimental and interesting, two words that can't be used to describe SotE.

What are the flaws of ER and SotE?
>>
File: owie.png (3.96 MB, 1750x992)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB PNG
Fellas...I..I don't ...want to resume the DLC now...
>>
File: 1711414708638011.jpg (2.49 MB, 2543x2926)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>489999053
live yourself, incestgod
>>
File: GSDmJtWXIAEJ72Q.jpg (366 KB, 1170x1170)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>490003598
Mhm
>>
>>490002447
I can’t, they got me labeled as a threat with the freaking FBI. It’s not that in and of itself that bothers me - the feds can watch me for the rest of my life, I’m not going to do anything bad.

The problem is my foster family (and whoever else has helped them over the years,) desperately need to make the lies they told about me appear to be true. The more successful and fulfilling my life is, the harder it is for my family to convince everyone that I’m crazy, potentially dangerous, and have needed to be looked after as the reason for why the money should be kept from me. Money they have counted on getting for years and planned their futures around.

They aren’t going to stop (they’ve said so verbatim,) and no branch of the justice system will help me. Who can I even talk to that’s above the FBI? Write a letter to the president? Let’s face it, I’m pretty thoroughly fucked at this point. Maybe the dlc ending is fitting after all.
>>
>>490003850
Mikebros... we can never win...
>>
>>490003850
why did he age into a kid THOUGH
>>
>>490000891
>一方の吉田氏は、近年は『Demon's Souls(デモンズソウル)』、『DARK SOULS(ダークソウル)』、『Bloodborne(ブラッドボーン)』、『仁王』といった、難易度の高いアクションゲームが好き。
At least he turned around on the series to enjoy them (and also Nioh, based) once their reputation grew and he gave them a better shot.
>>
>>490003481
If you are looking for something ancient looking then you could try the fang helm or the messmer soldier helm
>>
>>490003850
>nascent butterfly
>not a larva
yeah, dogshit
>>
>>490003971
Doesn't Souls sell best on PS4?
>>
>>490004052
way to miss the point retard
>>
>>490003978
I don't play Elden Ring
>>
>>490004148
>retard(ed)
yes, that's what the theory is
>>
>>490003352
Thanks, anon. It’s nice to know someone does.

>>490003709
A schizophrenic is a guy who just figured out what’s really going on :^)
>>
>>490004168
uhhhh okay
>>
The dlc would have been better if it had even less of Miquella.
He is just so shit.
>>
>>490002507
I agree. Armored Core 4 has never been topped
>>
Armored snore zzzz
>>
>>490003784
Total Hornsent Death
>>
File: 906789165815.png (783 KB, 1000x500)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
>>
>>490003927
Well good luck lil man, stick to it
>>
>>490004747
this is obviously belurat, but where?
>>
Out of pure curiosity, the thing Consort Radhan has hanging on his back, under the cape, is an staff or an straight sword?

On the right side he has a dagger, but on the back he has something else and I cant really tell if its an staff or a short sword
>>
File: GUyuT81XsAAcn4c.png (1.01 MB, 826x698)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>As it turns out, the Inseparable Sword is perfectly separable, as it contains full models for the gold and silver swords.
Bros...
>>
>>489995905
>NOOOOOO I CAN'T ROLLSPAM AND HIT THE BOSS WHEN IT RECOVERS, THIS IS A SERIOUS GAMEPLAY FLAW
Kill yourself retarded faggot
>>
>>490005132
huh
>>
>>490000543
Cope marika loves me
>>
>>490005132
> we could have had a trick weapon
>>
File: lol.jpg (108 KB, 1000x1000)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>490003784
Reminder;
Marika
>Greenlit a falseflag operation on the (((Merchants))) in order to disrupt trade and force reliance on the Golden Order to spread influence, resulting in inviting one of the greatest evils in the universe into TLB. And worse, disrupting the free market.
>Fought a campaign against a race of peaceful giants who worshipped a god of renewal, because that same god was a perceived threat to the GOs big tree, despite the fact that Fire is a known necessity to keep the tree alive and spreading its seeds
>Slaughtered hundreds if not thousands or tens of thousands of actual babies. Gave the noble children a kindness by forcing them to literally live in shit pipes. This was an attempt to retain racial homogeny despite the fact that Leyndell was founded on principles from another culture
>Enslaved hundreds of salt of the earth citizens in mines all around the country for no perceivable reason other than mismanagement of resources, refusing to pay them a fair wage
>Persecuted TWLID and the Albinaurics despite the fact that both of those things were a direct result of their own Orders flaws. Instead of trying to rectify the flaws or fix them, just killed a bunch of people instead which only made the problem worse
>Threw a bitch fit when one of her many neglected children decided to ignore her and fucked it all up, threw the world into chaos

Hornsent
>Found a bunch of illegal aliens living on their land being useless hippies who did nothing but turn themselves into trees and keep sucking resources from the state via welfare
>Forced them to do something useful by attempting to make them divine beings
>>
>>490005132
>Gold
>Silver
They snubbed the Gold and Silver tracers again. Lol.
>>
>>490005354
>find out about sword of light and dark
>holy shit its gonna be like a holy/death version of Night and Flame or some awesome trick weapon
>its just two separate weapons you cant really use together and one is complete dogshit
incredible
>>
>>490001119
>Say something mean
You will never be real empyrean. You have no rune, you have no lord, you have no shadow. You're a demi-human twisted by a larval tear into a crude mockery of empyrean perfection.
>>
>messmer foot soldiers apparently have a 8% chance to drop furnace visages
Wtf I feel like I've killed a million of those guys and I don't think they've dropped one. This is still good news though, I thought for a moment that the visages were limited per NG but it looks like From finally realized that limited crafting mats is retarded
>>
>>490004747
>never noticed the edges on the sword's spine
>thought it would be a massive, clean and beautiful sword
>the fucking spine ruins it too much to ever use.

I JUST WANTED AN OMEN CLEAVER WITH A BETTER HANDLE, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?
>>
>>490005419
There's actually a couple of other things she did you missed out on
The lore says the black knives have a connection to marika, so either she signed off on or doesn't have full control over her own troops and the night of black knives happened.
She intend for there to be a massive civil war in the lands between she specifically told godfrey and his men to come back and wage war when she called upon them
It's mentioned there were various other religions that were passive similar to the shamans and she still forcibly converted them through violence
She encouraged the radicalism of people like cohrywn or radagon and only after peering into the golden order itself she turned on it
Either she was a tard manipulated by metyr who wasn't even in contact with the greater will when they met and formed the order, or her civil war she wanted made the greater will leave. Either way she's stupid
Has bastard kids so is a cheater and once a cheater always a cheater

Goldmask was right btw. The golden order would be perfect without her being at its center. Marikasimps and rannisimps are tards and should be executed
>>
I wouldn't even rape miquella his lore assassination was that bad
>>
>>490006131
good post
>>
>>490006039
Also forgot
>Screwed everything up so fucking badly that God himself decided to leave the world to it's fate
>>
I have a theory. I think there's a standin for miquella's shadowbeast in the dlc, one that they just forgot to change or were lazy and meant for it to be him. That misbegotten near trina, the one that drops miquella's spell.
>>
>>490005840
You can farm black butterflies, messmer embers, and furnace visages in that camp right outside of Ensis
>>
>>489995905
There's no "gameplay flaws"
The subhuman retarded shitter that hated Elden Ring boss design also hated the DLC, and that's what made it controversial.
Those people who bitched about Malenia, Maliketh, Morgott or whatever were never going to like the DLC at all.
Being too inept and stupid to understand game design isn't a valid criticism.
There's not a single Elden Ring fan who considers SotE gameplay worse.
The story and lore is subjective.
I really like Elden Ring lore in general amd the DLC too (all the past story, the world, etc...)
I don't like how Miquella and Radahn were solved even though I knew Miquella and Carian ties were going to be central. I didn't expect this central and I wished we got more direct answers on the Nox and their ties to Ranni and Radahn's relationship/side on the Shattering.
>>489996496
Nope, the DLC actually makes all minor and minor legacy dungeons fun. There's only 2 true big Legacy Dungeons, Belurat and Shadow Keep, but those are great too.
They went for a quality over quantity approach with a smaller world. The base game has similar heights, but also repetition and generally underbaked areas like Castle Morne, Fort Gael or certain catacombs
>>
>>490006039
Goldmaskchuds simply can't make a post without seething at the doll.
Sad!
>>
>>490005419
The Hornsent created Marika the Tyrant
>>
>>490006363
>>>/v/
>>
>millicent uses waterfowl dance
>tank through and one shot her with Dragonmaw
lol lmao dumb bitch. THE STRENGH OF A MIGHTY DRAGON!
>>
>>
File: 1719431680446.png (214 KB, 703x746)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>490006543
No, I'll stay the fuck here like I did ever since before Feb 2022, faggot
>>
>>490006778
sure you did ;)
>>
File: eldenring_wUFtBUZt4N.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1080)
658 KB
658 KB JPG
Can (You) spot anything left for me to do here before I go south, anonymous reading this
I don't member
>>
>>490006216
I mentioned that here
>Either she was a tard manipulated by metyr who wasn't even in contact with the greater will when they met and formed the order, or her civil war she wanted made the greater will leave. Either way she's stupid
No matter your interpretation of when the greater will left, both reflect badly on marika. She's one massive fuck up
>>
File: dragonfuckerjak.jpg (67 KB, 660x538)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>490006557
use this
>>490006850
seethe faggot, rollspam back to /dsg/
>>
I can't believe more people aren't calling out the Scadutree system as the blatant padding tool that it is.

>b-but they had to make the bosses and enemies a lot stronger than the base game!

Shadow of the Erdtree is about 1/4 the size of base Elden Ring, about as big in relation to it as say Old Hunters was to Bloodborne or Lost Crowns was to DS2. In those games they didn't need to do this shit. They just started hte DLC around late game areas and had normal progression from there until the final DLC areas were just moderately beyond the highest base end game areas. Would've worked a lot better and you wouldn't have to go through an entire separate upgrade system again.
>>
File: 1708027254926289.png (1.67 MB, 1099x613)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>>490006872
>>
>>490007037
I completed the DLC with level 8, maybe try not being shit at the game, it's basically irrelevant after the first levels
>>
>>489998768
just point out that Malenia's Remembrance outright says his curse is eternal youth, not nascency. Or just that he succeeded in becoming a god and was an adult by the end.
>>
>>490006991
>nooo!!! /dsg/ boggeyman!!! aieeeee!!
:)
>>
>>490000067
Don't you DARE approach Miqueller the Kind.
>>490000118
he's literally just Raoh.
>>
>>490007037
I dont even understand why it's implemented in the first place. There is LITERALLY no reason to have this arbitrary upgrade system instead of just balancing the bosses damage/hp.
>>
>>490007061
thanks
>>
To go on about marika she's not even a good breeding sow or wife.
As other anons have said if you look at fia's model she has a partly modeled vagina and if you look at female corpses they have them too. Marika doesn't have it. She doesn't have a vagina. At some point her vagina just went poof and disappeared without the excuse of it being covered by rot like malenia. It's just gone. Nothing down there. Better even if she DID have one she's shown with all of her kids bar one who may still have had one, that all or her kids she birthed had curses. Every. Single one. She can only shit out cursed abominations. She's a horrible breeding whore and no longer even has a vagina. She has no purpose besides being a jar.
>>490006506
Rannisimps can't help but cry whenever someome makes fun of his waifu
>>
What didn't you like about Elden Ring?
>>
>>490007452
mindbroken
>>
File: 765765765.png (504 KB, 574x716)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>490003850
>There is a common misconception. He is not cursed with eternal youth,

literally deported everyone who uses TikTok
>>
File: Melina soup.jpg (775 KB, 2000x2081)
775 KB
775 KB JPG
>>490007452
See?
Everytime.
>>
>>490007567
Read the thread. Any elden ring discussion here is nothing but criticism. It'd be a change of pace to actually say what you like about elden ring. I fucking hated when ds3 was the latest game it was nothing but people criticism 24/7 it was tiring and boring then and tiring and boring now. Especially since the same points are always regurgitated Especially with 3.
>>
File: 1701089806621.gif (290 KB, 1157x724)
290 KB
290 KB GIF
>/dsg/troon instantly screesches when called out
>instantly gets butthurt when someone mentions soulshitters getting filtered by ER killing rollspam
lol
>>
>>490007783
>It'd be a change of pace to actually say what you like about elden ring
there is a very large variety of weapons
the world is beautiful with a lot of unique and interesting locations
the bosses that they actually put effort into are fun
>>
File: Ranni pokemon.jpg (117 KB, 1251x1240)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>
Stop being mean to ds3
Stop being mean to elden ring
Stop being mean to marika
Stop being mean to yuria
>>
File: MarGITGUD.jpg (181 KB, 1280x720)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>490007196
Kek called it, yeah you need to go back, faggot
>>
File: black steel greatshield.png (765 KB, 1024x1024)
765 KB
765 KB PNG
Melania couldn't be beaten with shield poking unless you had infinite stamina and fingerprint shield.

Radahn can be beaten with shield poking all you have to do is get 35 strength or boost it to there and poke with any spear while holding this.

I'm actually pretty happy how shield poking is allowed to be used, finally.
It's been 13 years since prepare to die again edition where you could shield poke properly and 10 years since DS2.
>>
>>490007360
Because a rpg needs some sense of progression and by time you get to the dlc you already have maxxed weapons and almost maxxed stats so they needed to come up with some other progress path. I honestly would have just prefered we go full Disgaea and get stat caps pushed to 999 but that would probably require a major change in their engine
>>
>>490007567
I don’t like how most of the women either die, be crushed under their own hubris or someone else’s or just fuck off entirely.
>>
>>490008242
Malenia can be beaten with shield pokes too. You just have to dodge Aonia. Everything else can be blocked.
It just takes longer.
>>
>>490007783
It also has arguably the best bosses in the entire series, IMO, alongside some of the best scores. Despite it barely being mid-tier on my list, the bosses are fantastic. Most of the other games usually only have a handful of really, really good bosses. But ER manages to have a huge roster of awesome bosses. Even if the fight itself isn't that great, either too easy or too hard, the spectacle of the boss alone makes up for it.
>Godrick, Rennala, Radahn, Ancestor Spirit, Astel, Rykard, Godfrey, Mohg, Morgott, Placidusax, Maliketh, Radagon/Elden Beast
>Bayle, Midra, Dancing Lion, Messmer
Just off the top of my dome
>>
You guys talk to much about the same couple of things. Let's spice things up a bit.
In your opinion what music would each of the demigods listen to?
>>
>>490008376
when it takes longer, unless you're a strength build you won't have the strength to keep it up.
>>
>>490008274
>>490008242
ok but where's the fun?
>>
>>490008647
watching all the pretty lights while you poke
>>
>>490008598
How would you list the games. Not any other anon anyone besides you that replies is getting raped by me personally
>>
>>490007567
i thought the elden was ok but the ring was a bit much
>>
>>490007783
talking about what they like about elden ring = good
talking about what they didn't like about elden ring = bad
?
>>
File: maxresdefault (56).jpg (216 KB, 1280x720)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>>490008613
I gurantee morgott would sit in the capital all day making little dark age edits about marikas reign in its prime when his dad was around.
>>
>>490008613
i think they would be scared of music or like the weird people who say they "don't like music", to spice it up
>>
>>490009107
Yes. It's the fact that whenever you people made fun of ds3 in the past and now you always repeat the same things over and over again even years later its fucking boring. It feels like I'm reading npc dialog on repeat. You do the same to elden ring. But with ds3 it started then, at least with ds2 there were more varied reasons people disliked the game, same with bloodborne, and sekiro but for ds3 you sound like bots
>>
>>490009348
>whatever whatever projection projection
i wasn't here for ds3 bro who you're talking to
>>
File: Miq3 (2).png (3.24 MB, 1435x1078)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB PNG
Was taking screenshots of the final boss and i noticed that during the start of the meteor attack, Miquella actually open his eyes, this only happens here as far as i can tell
>>
>>490009419
Omg this is so heckin' epic what are the lore implications
>>
>>490008647
Where's the fun in fighting a badly made boss in the first place? Pop the zit and get it over it.
>>
>>490008647
because you want to play the damn game because radahn gives you 6 seconds per minute to attack which just isn't enough. Shield poking let's you play the game so you can have your turn while the boss has his.
>>
>>490009418
Then why are you here? This is the dark souls general without being /dsg/troons
>>
do you use a torch
i do
>>
>>490009418
How is it projection when you say nothing new about either game in terms of criticism just the same small handful of talking points over and over again. That's my point you as in you bots did the same thing for ds3 for years and i still see you doing it here occasionally passive aggressively seething at ds3
>>
>>490006363
>There's no "gameplay flaws"
fucking retard
>>
Reminder that Godwyn was cursed with deathblight but since Marika removed death from the Elden Ring nobody noticed. Ironic that he was firstborn.
>>
>>490009673
because i play elden ring? what question is that
>>490009925
when i ask you a question and you go talking about you you they them like a schizo i'll find it weird, like how you're doing it again
>>
>>490008787
I've never played DES or Sekiro. Probably will never play DES, and might play Sekiro down the line. Anons here talk it up a lot so it'll probably be high on my list, but for now;

BB > DAS > ER > 3 > 2
Bloodborne is a perfect example of less is more. For it's time, DAS was incredible. ER is simultaneously an amazing game and also a shit game. 3 was a good game but completely un-memorable for me. The only good thing about 2 was Majula. Literally nothing about it was interesting or exciting compared to 1.
>>
>/erg/
>you MUST level VIT
>also /erg/
>tells noobs to git gud by posting a vid from ongbol, Quoppp, or another streamer where they're running low VIT glass canons

So which is it? 60 VIT, or 14 VIT and maximum damage, because I'm getting mixed messages here.
>>
>>490010050
I'm not a schizo you just repeat the same things over again you have nothing creatively bad to say about these games. You're an npc a bot reading off of a script that is your own small mind. No one and I mean no one could come up with an actual original critique for ds3 or elden ring. But especially ds3
>>
>>490010250
>not a schizo
>
ok
>>
>burial watchdog is a cat
what are the lore implications of this
>>
>>490010000
Nice quads
>>
>>490010108
>ER is simultaneously an amazing game and also a shit game.
Just like how so many of the characters in it have two identities or are two entities, ER can simultaneously be the best and worst game, the hardest and easiest game, and the game with that I love and hate the most in the franchise.
>>
>>490010108
>BB > DAS > ER > 3 > 2
>Bloodborne is a perfect example of less is more.

You should play Demon's Souls. BB is basically Demon's Souls 2 from the same devs at Japan Studio
>>
I'm trying to replay semiblind, generally where's the helphen steeple again? Don't tell me the exact location but is it late game and easily missed?
>>
>>490010616
in a chastity cage because Ranni's fucking my Tarnished
>>
File: 1705048867127849.jpg (392 KB, 1920x1080)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>490010179
Something else I've noticed is that most of the really good players don't even use the camera's lock on unless they're casting. They manually aim all of their melee attacks. Have we been playing the game wrong this whole time? Like here, bro didn't lock on once:

https://youtu.be/WBxyhzfbh9Y
>>
>>490010781
End game. Not really if you kill things in the open world.
>>
>>490010781
It's after the capital
>>
>>490010781
Try Searching the western side of Liurnia. Not gonna spoil its exact location but you'll be surprised.
>>
>>490010897
>>490010907
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck
Damn, probably some fucking deathbird or something I imagine, shame. I wanted to pivot into the ghost theme soon
Thanks
>>490011052
Oh well that's interesting, thanks. Will do
>>
>>490004934
In game it's after you fight the birds on the rooftops, then you fight this guy on a bridge, and then this location has a small tree with black dudes kneeling/praying around it, continuing through the door seen in pic leads to a spiral staircase with a cirquehornsent and then the divine beast bonfire
>>
>>490010828
Yeah, lock on is a noob trap, like the drake sword. Manual aiming is initially way harder, takes practice, and requires a pretty uncomfortable controller grip, but once you're good at it, it's waaaay better than locking on. Even in base game ER, lock on was showing it's limits, but in the DLC, it's totally inadequate. Miyazaki is basically forcing players to finally stop relying on their crutch and git gud with the camera in SotE.
>>
File: 9816509185.png (161 KB, 420x420)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>490010781
>>
>>490010828
No, there's situations where you might as well unlock and just move yourself, but a lot of the time there is no reason to play unlocked
>>
>>490010828
Looks like I should stop locking on then?
>>
>>490004747
>adds a cooler divine beast warrior torso armor you can grind for
>no divine beast warrior gauntlets or leg armor to complete the set
???
>>
What do marikas feet smell like? What do they taste like?
Discuss
>>
File: 1693946768530944.png (685 KB, 736x595)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
>>489996293
I prefer when this artist draw in a simple way
>>
>>490011668
Like marigold flowers and honey
>>
>>490011929
What about rennala
>>
>>490010368
Watchcat would’ve been silly to use as a name.
>>
>>490011797
Wanna know something weird? Radahn malenia and radagon's hair are the exact same shade of red. Melina shares the same hair as some of the jarred shamans. But messmer has a darker more intense shade of red as his hair color with very small bits of pinkish hair like melinas. I doubt it means anything.
>>
Going into the DLC on NG+7 was a mistake bruh I'm stuck on blackgaol knight for 2 hours
>>
File: 1692977992399840.png (387 KB, 482x447)
387 KB
387 KB PNG
i think they would be neat
>>
>>490001119
She looks like a Targaryen bastard from the East.
>>
>>490010461
I might give it a shot then if i can find it for cheap
>>490010445
I'd normally be fine with feeling that way, except the low points last too fucking long. Running around an empty open world map for 30 minutes scouring every corner to pick up a bunch of useless garbage doesn't justify a 2 minute boss fight no matter how cool it is
>>
multiple times in this dlc, I died on purpose to a boss so I wouldn't beat him in one go especially with summons because we almost beat him.
I just eat tholliers sleep potion or stop healing and stand in messmers flame.

I was afraid that I was going to beat the boss without interacting with him properly.

The game has gotten too easy bros. It shouldn't be like "oh I need to die now so that I don't miss out on these amazing boss movesets and stuff" or "it can't be over already I need another go at this boss"
>>
File: eldenring_WPxKcIB08M.png (932 KB, 739x572)
932 KB
932 KB PNG
what are the lore implications of this
>>
>>490012220
DLC scaling is separate from the base game NG cycles. Sorry anon, you’re just bad…
>>
>>490007567
multiplayer *almost* working but then deciding to keep the "Stranger from another world" gimmick from DaS that has no lore explanation for this game. Just let me playthrough with my friends like on seamless.

map design *almost* mattering, with dungeons and legacy dungeons both having shortcuts to unlock as you progress through, but usually having a bonfire right next to it so that it's immediately redundant

open world is immersive the first time and obnoxious after. at least keep my bonfires lit in ng+

ash of war is too limited, spamming the same move over and over feels like cheese, let me put multiple on a weapon like equipping spells

crafting is dumb but if you have to add it, there should also be a farming/harvesting mechanic added

remove weapon upgrades entirely

can be invaded by one phantom anytime, use the furl calling to summon a phantom and now you can be invaded by two

blue covenant that invades people who recently invaded

moundmakers covenant
>>
>>490011973
Likely a faint but pleasant scent of nocturnal flowers to go with her title as Queen of the Full Moon
>>
>>490012409
>DLC scaling is separate from the base game NG cycles.
Wait, really? So all DLC enemies are exactly as strong as they are on NG as NG+7? Is this because Scadutree blessings also carry over?

t. never did NG+
>>
>>490011973
>>490011668
cheese
>>
>>490012340
His dick got shriveled up to non-existence
>>
>>490012165
Except Radagon's is ginger orange secondary-kun
>>
>>490012584
And sellen? Ranni when she was alive? malenia when she had them?
>>
File: 1692975588171903.png (1.01 MB, 1080x605)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>490012165
that's a cool information, did you know that in 1.00 the dragon halberd was called drake halberd instead
>>
Scadu Altus background OST is obnoxious after a while Gravesite Plain is still pleasant what gives
>>
>>490012921
Call me that again I'll bury my dick so deep in your ass even a stone digger wouldn't be able to remove it
>>
>>490001119
>non-white

ewwwww
>>
>>490001119
i dont like when people look malnourished
>>
>>490012326
webm or didn't happen
>>
Oh i just realized malenias divine tower is isolated because of her rot. It was to separate her.
>>
>>490013129
Maybe the Goy of Woke-esque chants?
>>
>>490013447
why would they live in the tower anon, what would they eat
>>
>>490013447
no it was cause she sucks to be around, she has no personality and is a such a charisma vacuum she sucks the fun out of any room she walks into like a black hole. it was just conveniently also isolated when she came down with the rot.
>>
>>490009419
Miquella is so beautiful. Radahn is lucky.
>>
melonia
>>
>>490009965
and what are the "gameplay flaws" you stupid nigger?
>>
>>490013619
malenia just staring at anyone with a poker face all the time because she doesn't know what to say...
that's rude to say though!
>>
elden bussy
>>
>>490011052
You're a fucking demonic entity.
>>
File: eldenringdrunkgideon.jpg (86 KB, 1080x584)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>490012165
>"I doubt it means anything."
>he doesn't know about how Hoarah impregnated Radagon
H e h . . .
>>
>>490013754
vgh shes literally me
>>
>>490005419
Not readin' all that, horned jews lost.
>>
i imagine malenia would do ballet i think its fitting for her
margit would break dance but not morgott
ranni would just move her fingers at most
i dont know about the rest
>>
>>490013619
>>490013754
New lore theory. Malenia was never charmed by miquella using his powers. Miquella was the only one that actually liked being around her so she became fiercely loyal to him.
>>
>>490014235
margit would twerk
>>
>>490014235
Moshpit headbanging and flailing around violently for godfrey and radahn.
>>
>>490008242
Shields were great in DS3 but shield poking was a little weak and more of a situational tool
>>
>>490012956
Sellen: Probably doesn’t concern herself much with perfumes when she would rather focus on her studies but she keeps them nice and clean at least.
Ranni: When she was still Lunar Princess, she was expected to keep herself nice and tidy, but much like Sellen, she had more focus on her plans besides doing the minimum for her feet, as a doll however she has a lingering scent of blueberries for some reason.
Malenia: She was probably very self-conscious about her image so she would try to maintain herself so she can be presentable at all time, however, with her affliction the routine eventually became impossible to continue and she would probably have a mix of rotted flesh and whatever is left of her scented perfumes when the Scarlet Rot hadn’t ruined her body.
>>
File: malenia.jpg (106 KB, 623x462)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>490014263
>>
>>490014235
>>490014354
Godwyn does the thriller dance
>>
>>490014612
Wouldn't it be more fitting to edit Malenia on Asuka? Both spunky redheads and all.
>>
>>490014354
Mohg would do the trident dance.
>>
>>490015098
Malenia isn't spunky at all, just a bit chunni.
>>
>>490015404
She's nothing like Rei either
>>
>>490004867
Thanks bro, I’m trying but it seems pretty hopeless at this point. Everyone already knew what was going on, they’d just been led to believe it was justified/excusable. So being able to prove that there’s money being kept from me, people lying about me, and that my family tried multiple times over the years to kill me doesn’t really matter. People believe me, in fact they knew already. Because my family has said since I was a kid that I was crazy, dangerous, shouldn’t have a bunch of money left to me, needed to be watched at all times, and should be gotten rid of for the sake of everyone around me.
>>
Miquella being eternally youthful makes me think he does shitty zoomer dances
>>
File: eldenringhoarahdoordash.jpg (52 KB, 1200x675)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>490014235
Marika and Hoarah would be in the bathroom making new kids while punching hookers.
Radagon and Godfrey would be at home with Radagon wearing programmer socks and being gently made to carry a new sibling related to Melina and Messmer.
>>
File: 1711006034676779.jpg (953 KB, 1676x1684)
953 KB
953 KB JPG
>>490015693
a painful sight
>>
Who wins in a fight: Miquella or Gwyndolin?
>>
>>490016251
Miquella doesnt do shit so gwyndolyn
>>
>>490016251
In the field, can’t say for certain
In bed however, my longsword wins
>>
>>490015693
>>490015932
I now need to see miquella flossing
>>
>>490016251
Also gwyndolyn has tits
>>
>>490013619
her knights are devoted as fuck, she's very charismatic!
>>
>>490012220
The DLC isn't really made for NG+7, furnace golems will take 20+ minutes of non stop attacks to kill and the fire pots dont work on them anymore
>>
File: 564.jpg (774 KB, 2304x2880)
774 KB
774 KB JPG
>>490014612
>>
Her knights are so loyal because she fucking demolishes their clits every night. She's a sex demon.
>>
>>490017779
Clit is an ugly word
>>
>>490017969
Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
>>
>>489985070

Funny how they all correspond to a different build/use a different weapon:

Malenia - katana
Godrick - greataxe
Godfrey - greataxe and fists
Morgott - curved sword
Mohg - greatspear
Radahn - curved greatswords
Rellana - light greatswords
Rennala - staff
Rykard - greatsword
Radagon - hammer
Marika - hammer
Miquella - straight sword
Melina - dagger
Ranni - dagger (fingerlicker blade)
Messmer - spear
Maliketh - colossal greatsword
Godwyn - probably a greathammer to round out above

Only one that's missing is the bow build.
>>
>>490018081
You forget radahn uses a bow against you.
>>
Hordes of illiterate rapists.
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (22 KB, 436x480)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
https://voca.ro/1jY23V5KbM7M

yo wassup we out here in shaded woods with my girl
imma gonna finna spit some bars, going out to my man poopmask and all the hosties he done smoked
rest in peace yuh yeah yem it yem it yeah

poopmask poopmask
fend it off bait it out
hostcel hostcel
slaughter now raining down
hatred hatred
feel it now lay it down

"oh lordy lord he comin for my ass"

masked one masked one
make me kneel now
blast out blast out
ash of war spam it more
ack ack ack ack ack ack ack ack
im dead now

*saxophone for g*dm*sk*

@z***vis
tags: rap, p**pm*sk_(elden_ring), hood, niggas, flow
#dsgbounce
>>
>>490018502
Oh, yeah. Guess that's nearly every weapon type in the game then.
>>
File: GUvkaqwaIAAW_WF.jpg (48 KB, 727x900)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Honestly, it is really fucking sad that Messmer was only able to over his mommy issues as he was dying, because of how he was dying
>>
>>490018081
>Miquella - straight sword
Wait really? He's the straightsworder?
>>
>>490018764
More like, homosworder
>>
File: hxoosiuqkqyb1.jpg (1.53 MB, 7680x2244)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>490018764
More like short swords, but yes.
>>
Ranni probably doesn't listen to music. She seems like the kind of autist who listens to lore vids constantly and brings up lore of some series you don't give a shit about because she can't properly hold a conversation
>>
>>490018081
>Godwyn - probably a greathammer to round out above
probably just regular axes if the Death Knight is any indication.
>>
>>490018081
Axes are mixing. Normal axes not great axes. But how closest knights all use some form of axe so it's possible he had a normal axe
>>
What does Jack Sparrrow poster think of the DLC?
>>
>>490018081
Ranni might have been into greatswords considering the blade she gifted us.
>>
>>490019624
Nah, always thought Ranni would have just defaulted to icy glintblade sorceries if she wanted to melee something.
>>
>>490018081
godwyn would be spears
miquella would use a bow
>>
File: 20240805022153_1.jpg (851 KB, 2560x1440)
851 KB
851 KB JPG
>>490019624
I still want to know the lore behind why there's a frozen plant inside the DMGS.
>>
>>490019307
woah she's just like me fr fr
>>
>>490020023
Pretty sure that’s a snowflake
>>
File: 20240802233548_1.jpg (580 KB, 2560x1440)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>490020227
Looks like a plant to me.
>>
File: lh3iwxirv8id1.png (2.02 MB, 2160x1986)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
Why did he call himself Margit?
>>
>>490018081
Malenia probably used scythes, spears, and thrusting swords in addition to her katana in other battles, going by her knights and her clones.
>>
>>490018081
Margit is hammers. The generic Club is counted as a Hammer in-game and he fights you with a walking stick.
>>
>>490020746
To hide his real identity?
>>
>>490020448
You're a plant by an alphabet agency. I'm onto you fed
>>
>>490012340
>>
File: bye bye.webm (3.94 MB, 960x540)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB WEBM
>>
File: GTs0ZQcWsAAHXH0.png (492 KB, 1920x1200)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
Most pettable ER girls?
>>
>>490022768
rya duh
>>
>>490022768
Leda is a saber, so yes, she is pettable.
>>
File: Malenia3.jpg (719 KB, 3951x2378)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>490022768
Malenia.
>>
File: 1713702265548097.png (2.91 MB, 3096x1974)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB PNG
>>490022937
>>490022768
Leda would look really cute if FROM would fix female necks.
>>
>>490022768
Irina
>>
Someone recommend me a martial arts build NOW (without using Palm Blast)
>>
>>490023719
dryleaf arts or footwork with quickstep
>>
I hate every dragon boss except bayle and placidusax
>>
File: GTggvqcbAAEjL0I.jpg (388 KB, 1450x1510)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
Imagine dicking Leda when you have some lone time with her, than later on crossing swords with her in your quest to eliminate Miquella.
>>
>>490022768
>Most pettable ER girls?
Rellana.
>>
File: 388 - SoyBooru.png (12 KB, 427x400)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>mist...
>or beast!
>first off, well done
>by the way praise the message!
>No secret passage ahead
>therefore praise the message
>Secret passage ahead
>Behold, flower!
>seek god
>try finger
>but hole
>if only I had rump
>didn't expect message...
>therefore praise the message!
>touch grace
>if only i had a woman...
>two-handing required
>you don't have the right, O you don't have the right furthermore you don't have the right, O you don't have the right
>dog?
>no horse ahead
>I want to go home... and then edge!
>don't give up, skeleton!
>>
File: 1702284814818254.jpg (2.5 MB, 1856x3000)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>490024891
She's as cold and beautiful as the distant moon. So not the pettable type. Too intimidating basically.
>>
>>490025108
Licking her butthole that she uses magic to keep smooth and clean and hairless
>>
>>490024814
I know I can fix her and I will
>>
File: eldenring_smj3VY7BRO.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>DUUUUDE haha I'm so FUCKING chadcel haha look I RUN AWAY AND JUMP AROUND hahaha get it??? i run away to where you can't attack me then just sit there?? and sometimes I also flail around haha!
Hate these
>>
File: 1714754603609144.png (78 KB, 411x213)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>500 ms taunters tongue shitter abusing every single advantage possibe
>spend 40 minutes kiting around his unhittable ass before just severing out
>look at the profile
>undoubtedly chinese
Is there a way to make peer to peer systems just refuse chinese connections?
>>
>>490025108
Like that would stop me from giving her headpats
>>
File: Aseo and Ranni.jpg (3.86 MB, 6000x3708)
3.86 MB
3.86 MB JPG
>manga tarnished in smut
How cursed is this?
>>
>>490026097
wtf is that face
>>
>>490026158
Asian
>>
>>490026158
A lore accurate face.
>>
Finally beat Blackgaol Knight after 4 hours
Is the rest of the DLC this hard?
>>
>>490026432
I'm sorry, but Blackgaol Knight is one of the easiest bosses in the DLC.
>>
I will now share my retarded headcanon.
Marika viewed her kids much like how the emperor of man viewed his. As tools and kids, ones she genuinely cared for, some more than others, with her near disregarding the defective ones and attempting to be close to the ones she liked.
>>
Is there a shield that completely negate radahn afterimage attack?
>>
>>490026997
yeah holy black steel greatsword
>>
Which character does this song fit the most
https://youtu.be/aGCdLKXNF3w?si=9V3L-tlDEb1LY-Qe
>>
>>489969665
Mogh is into sissy hypno porn for crosdressing and chastity
>>
>>490020448
Probably some cut bullshit about a Dark Moon Tree
>>
File: 1706508114762533.jpg (3.02 MB, 3840x2160)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
So Ranni and Rykard probably had glowing gold eyes like this as well, right?
>>
>>490027691
Note he's the one in chastity. Miquella pushes his fetish onto others.
>>
File: Gang warfare.webm (3.76 MB, 480x300)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB WEBM
>jokes on you I have my own gank squad
>>
>>490028132
Damn not a whole lotta damage on that move huh
>>
Which Youtubers offer the best souls content?

I like
>Zullie
>Vaati
>Oro
>Prod
>Rusty
>Onlywaifu

Who are your favorites?
>>
File: 1713584831213510.jpg (260 KB, 960x960)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
It's Leda from fate stay night
>>
>>490025885
>poopaposting has spread to filtered PVE retard
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>490028368
This general likes to gush over Tarnished Archaelogist but he's EASILY the best "loretuber" there is.
Actually points out obscure but connected stuff, weaves real world history into his talks, and isn't some fag making AWESOME LORE BOMBS or trying to make a videogame more than it is
>>
>>490028569
>isn't trying to make a video game more than it is
What do you mean by that
>>
>>490028569
He's okay as long as you don't take him too seriously

>>490028368
>OnlyWaifu
Disgusting
>>
>>490028290
Miquella's light? Would have been better if I'd remembered to drink my juice. I'm surprised it even hit in such an open area.
>>
>>490028432
I'm not filtered, just very annoyed. And to call wojakposting "poopaposting" is the weirdest shit I've ever seen
>>
>finally get deflect tear
>but I'm on NG+7 so even a normal soldier can break my posture in two hits, making the tear completely useless
They didn't playtest this shit
>>
>>490028675
I think he means people who try to present Elden Ring as if it's some sort of perfect, coherent narrative where every peg must fit into a corresponding hole. You know, the type of people who insist that the fingercreepers MUST have something to do with Rykard because they wear rings, like Rykard's hands, and then bitch about Metyr's existence.
>>
>>490027773
Note his scleral is gray, it was gray pre rot, post rot, and in mohg's body so its safe to say they're naturally like that. This surprisingly matches rykards who has a similar scleral color. It's likely ranni had gray scleral if both of her brothers had it. She probably would've looked a bit unnerving when she was alive.
>>
>>490028569
I agree about TA. His video on the Two Fingers vs Three was pretty cool

>>490028704
He's cringe but has good PvP info, and the wikis are trash.
>>
>>490026626
He twoshots me through ritual shield talisman. If the rest of the bosses are this hard I'll just drop the game.
>>
>boss has 80% negation towards a particular form of magic for no obvious reason
Why is fromsoft like this? Do they intend for people to look things up?
>>
>>490028368
>>490028569
>>490028704
How do you guys feel about the following:
Thingfishy
Quelaag
Preston Jacobs
Garden of eyes
>>
>>490028675
>>490028834
Mostly this. Vaati for example takes factual information then tries to weave this story and narrative about it with the motivations and feelings and dreams and desires of the characters. All of the people who don't actually play the games and watch his videos (aka his entire fanbase) eats it up like it's some sort of Shakespearian play.
When in reality the basis of the entire thing is a single item description that says
>This blade belonged to Zanzibart and he threw it off the cliff because he was angry
>>
>>490029336
Don't know
Don't know because I don't watch women
Literally who?
Isn't this guy a grifter who's hoarding modding resources or something?
>>
File: Ranni_eyes.jpg (1.92 MB, 2067x2923)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>490029023
So like this?
>>
>>490029550
This is only good when you do it in your own head which is what miyazaki intended as he's said so multiple times. You make your own story out of the lore how deep or shallow you want it is up to you.
>>
>>490023191
looks like she has a huge head
>>490024891
>>490025108
>headcanon, the character
come on
>>
>>490029207
Well, if you haven't been using spirit ashes and procs, now is a good time to start. Like it doesn't have to be cheapshit like Tiche or Mimic. There's ashes out there who are more for support/defense, and bosses will still spend most of the fight on your ass so it's not like they're drawing as much aggro as they did in base game.

The next boss is Dancing Lion, and the camera is complete shit for that fight as a melee build, so good luck.
>>
>>490029789
Yeah pretty much. She'd look creepy as shit
>>
File: 1719147942521712.webm (3.41 MB, 960x540)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB WEBM
>>490025885
:speaking_head: :fire:
holy skibidi, this pve is so fire!!! :skull :skull:
>>
My intuition tells me Ranni would gladly milk your prostate with one hand, massage your balls with another, stroke your dick with the third, and direct your chin for a deep kiss with the fourth. Just a feeling I have.
>>
>>490029927
Yes headcanon is what miyazaki wants.
>>
>>490030045
Spirit ashes get deleted in 5 seconds at NG+7.
>>
>>490029550
Yeah. Elden Ring should always be viewed as a video game first and foremost, and any aesthetic elements should be viewed through the lens of
>What is this meant to make me feel as a player?
not
>any of the schizo shit that gets posted here on a daily basis
>>
>>490030746
The schizo shit that gets posted here is how things make them feel. It's how they have fun with the game. People have been fans of interpretative lore for ages it's part of why people like these games.
>>
>>490030746
So are the people who say the Tarnished is about as skilled in handling weapons and wearing armor as an average modern day Earthling plucked off the streets because of his clunky animations correct?
>>
>>490030141
Was that last spell just throwing a rock?
>>
>>490030746
The game made me feel like the lore is bad
>>
>>490030951
Been a schizo on an online forum for fun is fine
Making youtube videos convincing a bunch of faggots who cant even read a single item description your word is law when your videos are complete trash is not ok
>>
>>490031270
Never disagreed about that. I hate loretubers with a passion.
>>
Dark Souls and Bloodborne Lore >>>>>>>>>> Eldog Rang lore
>>
File: 1708022586577044.png (398 KB, 524x442)
398 KB
398 KB PNG
SAVE ME VAATIVIDYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1706519190851373.png (72 KB, 387x343)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>it's a liurnia invasion
>but I have a lightning build
>>
>>490031902
Mmmmffff....
>>
>>490031902
I would give my bussy to an oji-san like this.
>>
>>490031270
Eh, the item descriptions are badly translated anyway. Only the native language text as understood by natives with 3000 years learning in traditional kanji counts.
>>
>>490031659
>just have to browse social media all day and retards will point out shit for you, all you have to do is put it in video format and make $15,000 a month off it
incredible
>>
>>490029336
>Preston Jacobs
He went insane, started writing lame fanfiction.
>>
>>490032291
What do you mean? Lately his vids have been podcasts with redteamreviews. Or do you mean his older vids? Like where he started schizing about dragon hatcher genetics
>>
>>490032185
Only my lips against yours count
>>
>>490032484
Honestly, I haven't kept up with him in a while. He was fun when he was shitting on GoT, but some of his theories I think rely too much on being contrarian (Ned and Ashara are totally jon's real parents, guys).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQcoXQaEXZ4

This video was probably a while ago, just thought it was lame.
>>
>>490030976
Yes. You're meant to feel like an average faceless Joe fighting against the anime character with crazy moves.
>>
File: whip seal1.webm (3.9 MB, 852x480)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
>>490031902
>every time i play my pyromancy build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKhHwpkL17o
>>
Good night, /erg/.
>>
>>490033938
its morning...good night though.
>>
Was the DLC a whole bunch of nothing as far as the basegame was concerned? Really kind of irritated that Ranni and Malenia weren't alluded to once. What's going on would have seemed pertinent to them.
>>
>>490034112
yeah the lore is very empty considering how big it is
>>
>>490034112
just kill the bosses and loot shit and pretend it didn't happen
>>
>>490031125
holy water pot
>>
File: 1675231944486114.jpg (290 KB, 700x680)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
>4 invasions in a row where I get teleported to a host three inches from the boss door
>>
>>490033015
Huh I didn't realize he did fanfic. Yeah he did do that, infact he also is a big r+l=d guy mainly using lemon trees as a base. His vids shitting on hotd at least season 1 were alright from what I remember, no idea if he's done the mess the is season 2 yet. The only theory of his that I remember that I liked was ther weirwood hivemind thing he had going on.
>>
>>490034112
I'd actually prefer if ranni doesn't get expanded upon further. She gets too much special treatment all the carians do. Fuck ranni.
>>
>>490034886
>fuck Ranni
Gladly
>>
>>490034886
i would expand ranni any time
>>
>Marikas rune originally appeared in shaman village
>Makes total sense, has a strong implication, makes the village feel less empty
>Game receives update
>Marikas rune is now found on a random body in the basement of a random fort
Literally why?
>>
anybody play ER on steamdeck?
>>
>>490035202
>steamdeck
lol
>>
File: 1723445999145637.webm (3.92 MB, 854x480)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
>>490034112
>Shit lore
>8 out of 10 remembrance boss fights fucking suck ass
>Final boss is literally everything /v/ says the game is unless you cheese him and at that point why even bother
>Literally 0 replayability
>Multiplayer is somehow in a worse state than launch
>Arenas still untouched aside from the mediocre slop they deemed good enough to release
>Open world is as bad as ever
>>
>>490035162
It's always been there
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Marika's+Rune
>>
anybody play ER on xbox?
>>
>>490035296
damn i'm glad i can still enjoy video games
>>
>>490035298
Not in dlc first release
>>
>>490035202
Its not my main system but its fine for the base game. Can't do the dlc on it though, bosses are too hard to deal with 40-50fps.
>>
Xbox fc in 5
>>
When messmer opens his shut eye and plucks out the other it allows his abyssal serpent to show itself
When melina opens her shut eye it allows for her to use whatever destined death bs she has
I think the closed eye thing is related to sealing. I think ranni's closed eye instead of sealing power within her body seals her soul within her doll.
>>
>>490035162
I played day one and found Marika's rune day one, it was always in the basement thing.
>>
>>490035591
morgott seals his curse in his sword because he's cool as FUCK and not a lame ass bitch
>>
>>490035591
stolen from bleach and naruto however
>>
>>490035591
has to do with scarseals/soreseals probably
>>
File: 1699881377438123.png (399 KB, 654x482)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
>>490035395
>Heh looks like you're not having FUN friendo you are NOT allowed to say anything bad about the game erm mkay
>>
>>490035402
I got it there first week. They didn't move it.
>>
>>490035831
I look like that
>>
>>490035831
you mad
>>
>>490035831
you're right and made them seethe
>>
>>490035402
Anon you can find vids and articles of people getting the rune there during the week of the dlcs release. Why, In the age of information where in a few clicks anything you suspect can be verified or proven false do you not just look it up instead of spouting misinformation?
https://youtu.be/E50cBzuNnYE?si=BIcSe0U2SFII9qZu

Seriously, why not just search yourself?
>>
>>490035831
you're right and everyone is kneeling
>>
Are the servers down?
>>
File: Scarseal.jpg (55 KB, 1179x651)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>490035591
Messmer's eye is a literal Scarseal.
>Solemn duty weighs upon the one beholden; not unlike a gnawing curse from which there is no deliverance.
Taken from Soreseal but they're the same thing.

Presumably it is the same concept with Melina, except they clearly didn't think of doing something cool like that pre-dlc and just show her blinding her one eye to open the other
>>
>>490036825
>>490036825
>>490036825
>>
>>490035296
>>Shit lore
Yes but Souls lore is always bad so this really shouldn't surprise you. Not saying we should be happy about bad lore, but if you bought the game expecting good lore you're an idiot.
>>8 out of 10 remembrance boss fights fucking suck ass
Other way around. Radahn and Gaius are shit, all the others range from fine to kino.
>>Final boss is literally everything /v/ says the game is unless you cheese him and at that point why even bother
The final boss is shit, yes. Literally everyone with a brain agrees on this.
>>Literally 0 replayability
Wrong as fuck. I've already replayed it many times over.
>>Multiplayer is somehow in a worse state than launch
No it isn't, not even close. What the fuck is this revisionism?
>>Arenas still untouched aside from the mediocre slop they deemed good enougrevisionist?
Arenas are fucking fine.
>>Open world is as bad as ever
The only bad part about the open world is the empty ugly finger zones filled with enemies nobody likes.

I'm all for criticism but get your facts straight and harp on the actually bad shit or people will just discredit your entire post.
>>
>>489973174
The bare minimum that is pretty indisputable is that during Godfrey's time, everyone could see Grace (the little yellow light that points you around). Then, one day after defeating the Fire Giants, Godfrey and a solid percentage of the population couldn't see it anymore. Not being able to literally see the will of God was considered a really bad thing, almost like were forsaken. So a name is coined for these people: Tarnished. Marika tells them all to leave and return in a long time from now.
Fast forward to the Shattering, where the Tarnished are starting to be able to see Grace again. I personally call this Untarnished, but in game there hasn't been a word invented yet to describe this phenomenon, so everyone still just says Tarnished.
Not all the tarnished are directly related to Godfrey, they are just heavily associated with him because they all left together.

Don't ask about the respawning thing. The intro cutscene shows Gideon, Dungeater, Goldmask, and the others when they are dead. So assumedly a number of people have been full on resurrected rather than coming back as undead. Fia probably has a heartbeat meanwhile a Tibia Mariner and the other TWLID do not.
>>
How long ago did The Shattering take place? So many characters in the game were around when it took place, yet from the post-war ruins it seems like it was an ancient event. Are demigods biologically immortal? Why are Rennala and Rellana still alive when they're not demigods?
>>
>>490038276
why is Corhyn such a devout follower of the GO when his Tarnished status basically makes him a second class citizen, if not irreparably damned?
>>
>>490033938
have rya dreams

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.