[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1706332072919210.jpg (298 KB, 1536x1666)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
Previous thread >>498170841

>Now available EVERYWHERE (but nintendo switch and xbox one)

>Metaphor: ReFantazio surpasses 1m sales on launch day

>Kino Commercial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDDTdS9rRdA
>>
File: metaphor mona lisa.png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
i have made the past 4 threads by now/..
>>
There's no reason I should be getting 70fps from this game
>>
I like the stupid gag of Hulkenberg running into people in the toilet
>>
>random cock-gobbling contest in the Regalith Cathedral Markets on my final day in Grand Trad made me more popular by 100 ranks
how much other shit have I missed by not talking to random NPCs oh no no no I'm restarting my save
>>
Man that boss rush in the third town is ass, pretty damn hard to kill two bosses at the same time in three turns
>>
Why are the chair-sitting postures always so fucking bad in these games?
>>
so is this game legit? didn't know if i wanted to pick it up or not. I hate watching trailers, they spoil everything
>>
I need urgent clarification. Am I "beating the game" if I chain spam those synthesis attacks that apply a weakness against bosses. They seem busted to me.
>2 Buff/Debuff/Heal bitches
>Other 2 deal shitloads of damage by chain spamming synthesis attacks that exploit and reapply a weakness.
>>
>>498225934
It's shit. Please play P5R instead
>>
File: IMG_1487.jpg (1.49 MB, 3840x2160)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>498225338
Yea by the time you get to the end of the second town max you can get is rank 64, I been debating people and doing quest and finally got to 37 in the third town.
>>
>>498225767
Not if you are 5 levels over them like I was. I forgot what the dude who joins in weakness was, but I was a Wizard on my MC with 40 MG stat already from pumping so I could just blitz down the other dude.
>>
>>498226025
This weakness stuff is fucking crazy b
>>
Magic or strength for protag?
And are you ever able to reset their stats?
>>
File: 1718499038487072.png (664 KB, 850x850)
664 KB
664 KB PNG
>>498225934
If you already like persona then you'll like this, its nearly the same gameplay: New dungeon > finish it in one day > wait for the plot to continue by spending free time leveling characteristics/social links. Its a good holdover until p6 comes out in another 4 years
>>
>>498226308
Game really wants you to use magic because all other three party members are str based
>>
>>498226308
Str as usual. Magic is trash.
>>
Hold the phone. I know there have been a lot of Easter eggs to their established IPs. But it feels like there are more to EO than anything, with some layouts being plucked straight from those dungeons. What if it’s a sleeper set up to a soft modernized, or reboot
>>
>>498227085
I'd say you're retarded.
>>
Is there any reward for taking all paths with enemy gauntlet runners on the route in map?
>>
>>498226308
hybrid with early magic leaning
>>
>>498227383
It boosts your rank, you can steal rare stuff from them, and it’s decent exp
>>
THIS GAME IS KINO
>>
>this wins goty somehow
>Atlus announces Persona 6 at the gameawards
How much seethe will this cause I wonder
>>
>>498228439
Way too soon for that, they are still milking persona 5
>>
>>498228503
It's been 8 fucking years
>>
>>498228503
>announce P6
>milk P5 for 5 more years
>2030 release
easily done
>>
File: 1725553986573553.jpg (61 KB, 260x273)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>498227085
They'd get a third nuke because despite having persona characters as dlc, I want EO to not turn into persona-lite. Its a shit reboot if you can't draw maps
>>
>>498228439
Im more interested how they'll one up Persona 5. Playing P5R, Reload then Metaphor consecutively in the span of 5 months made me realize Hashino took a good chunk of the P5 team with him, so the new Persona team really has to step up
>>
>>498228907
its going to suck
>>
File: 1723341786711806.jpg (31 KB, 400x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>second major story dungeon
>dealing with the boss's body part gimmick just makes the fight take longer with little to no benefit
>>
>>498228439
Theyll announce P4R first. That one will cause more outrage 100% as if all the Naoto is Trans / Kanji and Yosuke are gay garbage analysis from twitter didnt fan the flames for more than 10 years
>>
>>498228648
Yea and they just made a gacha game
>>
>>498229676
Pretty much, just go to the back line and guard
>>
Metaphor?
>>
File: b009_011_06.png (301 KB, 768x768)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>498228648
We're just getting started
>>
>>498229724
that wont happen, globohomo is on its way out.
>>
>>498230163
Metaphor is globohomo-approving though
>>
FUCK EO bring back DDS
>>
>luck helps you do more hits in rng multi hit skills

was this in case in previous atlus games?
>>
>>498228439
This could totally win game of the year to be honest. Baldur's Gate 3 was actually legitimately woke and gay as fuck but the reason it got game of the year was largely because it was a major mainstream traditional CRPG experience and that adds legitimacy to the awards as an "institution". Giving it to a come from behind Atlus JRPG title that slightly mentions "diversity" but is a new IP breaking from Persona that managed to receive tons of critical and player praise as well as 1mil+ in one weekend would be kind of a similar case.

But then again who gives a shit, really. Haha.
>>
>>498230338
FUCK DDS bring back Debisama
>>
>>498230491
i dont care for award shows but i want this game to get an award as this is the only 2024 (ORIGINAL) game ive played and liked (excluding yakuza 8 which i only kinda liked)
>>
>>498230669
the spanish translation is coming out annnnnnnny minute now...
>>
The second Heismay fight was forced as shit, seriously what the fuck was that pre-dialogue?
>Hey Heismay I don't think you kidnapped kids since you have a dead one.
>Strohl:NOOOOOO HE'S A LYING COWARD LIKE KLINGER AND ZORBA DON'T RUN FROM THE FIGHT
>Fight is a exact fucking repeat of the 1st with the same dialogue about Heismay holding back
The only good part was Heismay telling Strol to use his fucking eyes and brain after being accused of kidnapping.
>>
>>498230245
It isn't really to be honest.

I mean I'm virulently racist but aside from some lines like Gallica's about diversity this is just bog standard "fantasy diversity" messages (and I'm curious if the specific use of the word "diversity"'s equivalent is used in the original Japanese or if its usage is tranny localizer shit). I mean, I'm not really racist or discriminatory against the aliens in Mass Effect either (except Batarians and occasionally Hanar) even though there are options to be. And ultimately the end of that game is all about bringing all the fantasy scifi races together.
>>
>>498230706
Can Shadows of the Erdtree be eligible to win GOTY? If so I could see it happening (but probably not).

What else even came out this year? Stellar Blade and Black Myth Wukong and a new COD? This year was full of slop.
>>
File: 1702576205932202.gif (171 KB, 160x160)
171 KB
171 KB GIF
Any specific characteristics to focus down first? I know wisdom 2 is needed for the goblin dungeon and for purifying, but haven't heard any other recommendations
>>
>>498231062
SB and Wukong aren't nominated because they re scared they are going to win.
>>
>knight gets no offensive abilities at all throughout the first dungeon unless you inherit or use synthesis
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>498231062
didnt shadows of the erdtree get some pushback? i dont know if they are daring enough to put that game up for GOTY considering how its a DLC and its not unanimously hyped up like how elden ring was.
>>
>>498231125
Wisdom, imagination and tolerance are the first checks.
>>
File: image-317.png (397 KB, 1416x303)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
>go to the tower in brilehaven region
>find those big ass goblins
>can steal pic rel from them
goddamn, im glad i got 4 of them

stealing in general is so busted, if you ambush an enemy you can steal, escape, ambush rinse repeat
>>
>>498231238
I stuck her with healer and only brought Knight back out for the dungeon boss.
>>
Everybody says "if you're so tough beat the dungeon on the first day" do they literally mean the first time you get introduced to the concept of days which I guess in the demo is the part where it says "you have 3 days in the demo to do what you want"? I haven't played it yet I'm asking because I want to know when and how that "3 days left" bit triggers. I want to milk as much playtime out of the demo as I can for the time being without being constrained by the days and being a FAKE LOSER GAMER WHO DIDN'T FINISH THE DUNGEON FIRST DAY (I'm kind of kidding but you get the idea).
>>
>>498231125
Just get everything to 2. Wisdom, Kindness, and Eloquence in that order.
>>
>>498231238
They meant they want you to engage with the game's mechanics and inherit shit.
>>
>>498231062
There's FF7 Rebirth and Astro Bot for games released. Dragon Age Veilguard is going on TGA's nominations regardless of its true quality (like Inquisition). To round out for a fifth, if not Elden Ring's DLC, probably Balatro or Animal Well. Those are the kind of games that tend to come out of nowhere and sweep awards, plus they have 90+ in Metascores.
>>
>megidolaon costs money in this game
I don't know what to feel
>>
>>498229676
>>498229809

Just break one eye, so it cant use its most powerful move and it will always telegraph who it uses Tackle on. You dont really "lose dps"
since the extra time you spend shooting the eye still gives press turns. Used Gunner/MageKnight
I thought that was the main strat to make it easier.
>>
>>498230827
Hirasaki, vámonos a casa...
>>
File: 3130330_20241002165020_1.png (3.23 MB, 1920x1080)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB PNG
>>498231370
the moment you're about to do the last activity on your 3rd day itll notify you that you wont be able to save past that point because you would then enter the 4th day which is beyond the demos given time. Also you cant beat the dungeon in the demo, it stops you from entering a certain room, you'd have to come back when you have the full game to progress
>>
>>498230915
Mass Effect didn't have them all share one big galactic country though, the Council was more like the UN than anything else and everyone hated them.
Metaphor wants every tribe to bow to the globohomo regime without a dominant culture or religion
>>
>Bardon! I heard ye filled me wife's holes while I was away! I could kiss ye!
bro?
>>
>>498231370
The demo lets you play the days of the 12th, 13th, and 14th. If you do the main dungeon/cathedral, it ends immediately when you beat the mid-boss even if its the 12th. So to maximize the demo, save the main dungeon for the 14th.
The maximize way is
>on the 12th get the quest to cook from that dude
>go sit on the bench to gain wisdom
>on the night of the 12th, buy the ingredients and cook. Need to buy intel to open up the herb shop

>on the 13th, go turn in that quest, go talk to the white hair, dark skin woman in the same area and with your Wisdom level increased to 2 can take on a secondary dungeon which takes your whole day
>on the 14th go do the main story dungeon
>>
>>498231238
knight has really good synthesis skills up until like the 3rd town and by that point it starts getting good offensive abilities
>>
>>498231670
>YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOO
>>
>Unlock Swordmaster during Goborn King bounty
>tfw new synthesis skill deletes bounty for me
>>
>>498231492
Extreme PHYSICAL Almighty, anon
That would be Gaea Rage (SMTIV version).
>>
>>498231706
Thank you Anon that's very helpful at giving me an idea of how it will progress.

So the secondary dungeon is something I do/get access to on the day before the final day of the demo? And fighting the dragon I heard about is entirely optional but something I can't actually miss out on? Like it's not hidden.
>>
>>498232013
Oh yeah, personabab here. I didn't know there are physical elemental attacks in megaten games. Is that why people go str all the time?
>>
>>498232164
People go str because all physical attacks used to cost HP so it was MP/SP efficient
>>
>>498232158
The dragon is in your face on the main path yes. The optional dungeon requires 2 Wisdom to accept the quest do, and the earliest you can get 2 wisdom is with those steps and doing it on the 13th.
>>
>Heismay clone fight
>protag comments that the real heismay hesitates when he attacks
>I have no fucking idea which heismay is attacking because of the way the camera keeps moving

Am I fucking stupid or am I missing something or what? I don't see any differences in their models...
>>
>>498232164
>>498232281
Also, in more mainline megaten than not, the damage formula leans favorably towards STR and you get things like Focus/physical crit boosting passives/etc. earlier than you do decent magic boosts
>>
>love crit build
>hate merchant's design
the game designer is intentionally fucking with me
>>
>>498232343
I thought the damage was lower when they attack, but the damage range is RNG anyways so I just reset till I got lucky on the first set of clones and hope I got lucky on the others
>>
>>498232564
>merchant
I see (((You)))
>>
VV ost was better
>>
>>498232343
Turn off camera shake, that shit is an objective detriment. Also look for Heismay's shadow
>>
>>498232164
Crits, and more common multi-hit skillls, makes Physical tend to shit out more damage outside of weakness exploitation.
>>
>>498232614
well yeah, ryota kozuka is the better composer desu
>>
How strict is this game in raising social attributes? P5R was pretty forgiving so I'm expecting the same here desu
>>
>>498232651
Lmao it's really funny that I missed this, looking for it makes it instantly the most obvious thing ever
I guess the dialog had me overanalysing the attack animation and attack damage, and I was looking at the models through the analysis screen and not the battle itself
>>
File: aku.gif (1004 KB, 490x377)
1004 KB
1004 KB GIF
>synthesis skill missed
I ain't mad, just bewildered.
>>
>>498232864
The dialogue is just to hammer in that Heismay is not a bad guy, they repeat the same sequence in both fights out of fear that people somehow wouldn't get this character trait.
>>
Dorkenberg...
>>
>magic knight can evolve into paladin or dark knight
love this trope
>>
File: brain.jpg (524 KB, 3169x1054)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>498233467
She is easily the best of the cast.
>to get more food, simply add more ingredients
>>
>>498232841
Very lenient. Reviewers were ending the game with all social stats/links maxed and like 10 extra days to dick around at the end. You practically have to be intentionally wasting time to not make it. So also don't give yourself a conniption if you have to do some of the longer story dungeons in 2 trips instead of 1.
>>
HUGE epic weapon steal on Lina or whatever the female bat gunship girl is called going to forsaken tower
>>
Got offered to gamble on what rank i reach during third city story... autism flaring cant savescum a multi week event
>>
Assasinate is so good on the first boss on Louise's runner.
>>
>this general says Merchant is OP
>try it
>it sucks
>>
Advice for minmaxers: Faker rank 2 seems to require Wisdom 3
>>
>>498234017
I hope when I unlock Pugilist my power lines turn blue.
>>
>>498226308
Magic is wack in this game lule. This is world of str+luck for fat juicy physical crits.
>>
Louis is so fucking stubborn, lmao. He has 6 different boss fights.
>>
Final question I have that doesn't really matter, I'm pretty blind on archetypes and I reckon I'll remain that way but I am torn between going some melee style combat or going some kind of mage. I'd go spellblade if I could but it's my understanding there isn't a standard archetype for that really (dunno about synthesis or whatever or any other later mechanic that the game might have).

I am kind of an edgelord when it comes to fantasy classes, who likes magic shit. Any suggestions? And Hulkenberg is a must-have in my party, ride or die type shit all the way to the end, if that matters.

>>498232301
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the tips and answers.
>>
I fucking love how Catherina is voiced by the same VA as Power
>>
>>498234151
As much as I want to kill you for casual spoilers, I was praying he was as tenacious as Shadow Shido.
>>
Are we supposed to go back to cathedral in the future?
There are still chests and door i can't open
>>
>>498234171
The Seeker turns into the Magic Seeker right after and that is the closest to a hybrid. You can also just inherit magic skills onto melee classes, and you get funneled a ton of items to just give archetype XP to powerlevel
>>
>>498234372

Yes
>>
>>498234372
You're able to open them all/loot everything your first time there, but also yes, look around
>>
>>498234372
You do get a side quest to go through the mausoleum and it opens the doors. The cathedral itself, no.
>>
>havent gotten healer to level 10
>sanctist announcement in 1 day
is my save bricked?
>>
A few threads back, this guide was posted:

https://www.rpgsite.net/guide/16304-metaphor-refantazio-100-follower-bond-rank-walkthrough

I just got to 6/12, and thus finally have a real choice on what to spend time on. The guide says to do the dungeon on the first day, but would it be better to do some side-quests first? Would I miss anything by doing side-quests first, then the dungeon a few days later?
>>
>>498234573
>He didn't time manage the tutorial of time management
Anon, I...
>>
>>498234413
there is also The Prince and the paladin and dark knight, kinda
>>
What stats should I level for the MC?
>>
>>498234702
You should follow your gut it's more fun
>>
Hulkenberg, idol fan and proud bug eater. Always full of surprises.
>>
Does Attack scale magic damage? I am wondering about 242 staff that increases electric vs 200 staff that increases all spell damage.
>>
>>498235312
yes
>>
>>498235312
I'd assume yes since there is no Makakaja and most attack boosts specify just that, Attack, as opposed to your Strength or Magic stat.
>>
>you cast "DEI" to heal yourself
>so you can continue to fight the "Homos",
>so that you can defend the city of "Trad".
>also the elite bad guys wear white cloaks
It's like someone wrote a story 5000+ years from now based on current memes
>>
>>498234413
>>498234983
Alright... Seeker and Dark Knight have potential then. Stat spread for either? Just split pretty evenly between Str and Magic for Seeker with whatever else? I assume Dark Paladin on the other hand is probably more Str with Magic but less Magic?
>>
>>498234302
See, this is why I hate royal's additions. Shido was a fucking cockroach in the original but the royal version is a wet cardboard thanks to how overpowered you are
>>
bath salts give permanent stat increases or are they fleeting buffs? wanna see if they are worth it
>>
File: tears-smile.gif (371 KB, 498x477)
371 KB
371 KB GIF
I laugh everytime I fight a human and its name is "Homo"
>>
>bronze gauntlet is 30 battles in a row of enemies around level 30-35
jesus
>>
>>498235834
twitter has really mindraped everyone on 4chan
>>
>>498236153
Don't listen to those anons, Dark Knight and Paladin are mediocre hybrid classes. Just run the Seeker tree and split your stats evenly between strength and magic, the MC eventually gets a unique class thats a perfect jack of all trades and with the really good skills from the Seeker line can be even better.
>>
>>498235834
I think dei was supposed to be "di" (dia with a removed) but Di sounds stupid so they added E in the middle
>>
>>498236317
Permanent stat increases, its why it costs the night

also use the toilet in the runner on idlesday every time to get perma +1 luck
>>
>>498236457
Where is the toilet
>>
>>498236457
so i should be buying all of them at stores or will that leave me broke for the next time I find the salts for a stat I actually want?
>>
>>498236339
I think I got all my laughs out when I learned about "homo sapien" in third grade
>>
>auto lock switches to a different enemy offscreen while I'm going for an ambush back attack
>get ambushed instead
I'M GONNA FUCKING SCREAM
>>
Is Gunner bad? Because conceptually I think it's cool as fuck.
>>
>>498236607
A little because its kind of in an odd niche of requiring physical characters to be in the backline when in every other case you want them up front
>>
File: 1692185571379329.png (217 KB, 442x420)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>498236339
>Great Homoworm Buttera
>>
>>498236339
I still cant believe Homo Erectus was a thing and is 100% unironic. Funniest thing Ive heard when I was 12
>>
>>498226043
>Please
...why?
>>
Pro tip for any newfags. Make Hulk your mage.
>>
>>498236529
Right across the pantry, which is next to kitchen. There is also 2 random free ingredients every single day in the pantry.
>>498236550
I'd just get some, you'll want to be spending nights upgrading stats or talking with party members anyways.
>>
File: rella.png (1.92 MB, 2154x966)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
bros...
>>
>>498237204
Ishkia women are built for sex
>>
File: 1621584103719.png (436 KB, 728x674)
436 KB
436 KB PNG
>classic setting
>everyone has British slang
every time. is this some american racism
>>
>>498237330
JP is canon for this game thoughever
>>
File: 20241013003546_1.jpg (434 KB, 1920x1080)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
I somehow got Gallic to show a close up of her feet

Fairy Feet
>>
>>498237330
>the setting based on sub-modern european architecture with sub-modern european fashion has people with european accents
say it aint so
>>
>level 32 gobbo does frenzy 1-3 heavy strikes to all enemies
>its doing 30 damage per hit

something is wrong something must be bugged im on so called "hard" mode
>>
>>498237330
The kingdom's name comes from a novel about alternate history Europe titled "Uchronia (Utopia in History), an Apocryphal Sketch of the Development of European Civilization Not as It Was But as It Might Have Been."
>>
How's the EN va for this game anyway? I'm playing on JP and it's great.
>>
>>498237767
Its very good, anons will tell you its bad because this is an anime board deep down but im having a blast. Louis, Neuras, Basilio, Junah, Strohl, and Heismay are standouts
>>
>>498237767
sucks, if i had to listen to gallica english dub i would be dead. i would be fucking dead right now
>>
>>498237767
Its ok, but only because I have a weakspot for british voice acting and biased against the Californian VA union. I still dont like the MCs voice, he has a fucking lisp ffs
>>
File: gaunt.jpg (313 KB, 3123x1072)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
The bronze gauntlet wasn't so bad, but the silver ranked matches are mid lvl 45 enemies so I guess you do both bronze stuff and then just come back later. Also you can do coliseum fights at night.
>>
>>498237767
I edged to Gallica's VA for like 30 minutes. Best nut of this month.
>>
I like Gallica's EN VA.
>>
>>498237204
gorgeous and cool design makes me think of a fucking moth girl or something
>>
>>498237616

All enemies strike from a trash mob sounds about right.
Remember that any of the his can crit giving him another round
>>
how much time am i wasting if i back out of the catacombs around the time i find that one knight in white
im outta mp and i only have a couple more pills
>>
File: arrow.png (230 KB, 440x313)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
Could someone let me know what this arrow means?
Is it just that there's a quest?
>>
i havent played at all today
>>
>>498238460
it means youre mid progress on a quest from that character, if it was finished itd be a flashing yellow checkmark
>>
Guys wheres Yukari
>>
>>498238571
Cool
He kept asking if I wanted to leave the room, so I figured I might've been missing something
And I just looked at the quest page and sure enough it has those same arrows
>>
>>498238457
There will be plenty of down-time days through the game, where you spend time just trying to raise a skill. If you can't go further just leave and come back, plus appraise or purify gear you've found to be strong. Need 2 Wisdom to start purifying though at the church
>>
I've heard the second main dungeon is pretty small compared to the cathedral but how's the third one? I'm really enjoying this dungeon slog.
>>
>>498238916
Second one is smaller but there are more optional dungeons around the town as a result. The third dungeon seems similar, the actual "dungeon" isn't even really a dungeon but there are 3 side dungeons to do plus coliseum battles
>>
I love this game :3
>>
>>498239007
Yeah I heard there's more dungeons overall but still I'd like another long one.
>>
File: 1701250451141009.png (744 KB, 1474x925)
744 KB
744 KB PNG
>$2.5 million and i'm only in august

i love merchant
>>
Reminder, if you used Merchant on MC, you didn't beat the game.
>>
So when are they rolling out the performance patch and adding AA to this?
>>
File: cuk.jpg (613 KB, 2701x1590)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
>getting raped infront of your fairy gf
>>
>first 4 characters are all Physical based
What did Atlus mean by this?
>>
>>498239947
Just switch them to MAG jobs bro? It's that easy, stats are really fluid since a lot of it comes from the bonus stats given by the archetype and gear.
>>
>>498239943
God shes so ugly
>>
>>498240096
That's what I did but it doesn't change that Hulk-chan still has like 6 more points of STR and the rest have higher base STR. It's funny.
>>
>>498232478
>the damage formula leans favorably towards STR
Only in Nocturne due to spells having weird level based damage bands for no reason.
>you get things like Focus/physical crit boosting passives/etc. earlier than you do decent magic boosts
Even in Nocturne which has the earliest Focus/Power Charge in like the entire series, magic is still stronger than phys during the early game thanks to Tornado + Force Boost which is available as early as Level 22 and you can pretty much use it until you get Magma Axis/Fire Boost and then eventually dump magic altogether for Freikugel spam.

The usual balance in these games is that magic is better than phys for most of the game due to superior turn economy and earlier passives but phys wins at the end when enemies stop getting weaknesses and it devolves into crit fishing, or Atlus accidentally makes a comically OP phys skill for no reason (Hassou Tobi, Figment Slash, etc). Magic should have gained the ability to crit ages ago when they allowed phys skills to get boosts/amps.

Metaphor places a greater emphasis on gear than raw stats, so who knows which one will actually win this time around.
>>
>>498239947
Hulkenberg is END. Her second main job uses magic too. She's a fine mage.
>>
>>498240189
STR definitely stronger early game here. Still in Ch2 but the only time mag was useful was for the undead in cathedral.
>>
File: 1728790906973017.jpg (342 KB, 2000x1125)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>
>>498240464
My redpilled wife
>>
>>498240464
Sounds like louisan talk to me.
>>
>>498226479

Not necessarily true. In any of the cutscenes, Will is relying on his sword as much as magic. If anything, the game is encouraging you to go hybrid since that's what Will's default class is and all of his best equipment the gear of his dead mom is for hybrid builds.
>>
>>498228503
Are they though? Persona 5X kinda feels like the end of the road.
>>
>>498228439
Wukong is gonna win GOTY. Turn based games are too niche.
>>
>>498240718
I'm gonna make STR MC work even if I have to drag the corpses of everyone across the ending cutscene.
>>
>>498240459
2x Mage trivializes Nord Mines
Mage/Healer or 2x Mage is also pretty effective in the Cathedral too. Strohl can hold onto the dragon sword or exorcist fist while exploring.
Getting Fire Boost + Witch Earring that early is hilariously effective.
>>
Shut up, onahole.
It makes perfect sense and it is the morally righteous position.
I sure as hell ain't getting taxed moeny and yet keep doing shit for basically everyone. Also, charities exist. Why does she feel like using FORCE to extract wealth from others is ok?
Even in the goddamn book we are reading, which is portraying an ideal world, points out how taking wealth by force is condemned and deeply shameful.
>>
>>498240464
>fashion from the 60s
>Utopia written in the mid-16th century
>decor, architecture, society reminiscent of early 18th-19th century
>yet people claim this is medieval fantasy
>>
>>498240718
Hybrid is still almost certainly going to end up weaker even if the game wants to make it usable.
I'm still doing it too mind, just being realistic.
>>
>>498240907
Living in society is an implicit agreement to be subject to its laws.
>>
>>498240464
why can't we have an rpg where the church are the good guys?
>>
>>498240995
>try to leave society and go live inna woods
>they hunt me down and demand taxes anyway
>>
>>498240671
Not!Lucifer was based, Strohl.
>>
Enemies getting an extra turn on hard is actual insanity. As far as I remember this didn't happen in any SMT game and those were hard enough.
>>
>>498241089
Yeah it's great. Encounters having a two turn minimum for enemies really makes shit interesting.
>>
>>498241043
The State lays claims to that land, and you're free to go to war with them to set your borders.
>>
>>498240993
If stats cap at 99, then hybridization with points will end up being better to avoid overcapping due to archetype bonuses/mastery and whatever you get for free from gear.
Remember, even Nocturne has you going 30 Str/Mag/End with 1 Agi every 5th level due to Masakados.
>>
>>498240995
No, it is not. That is counter-enlightenment romantic Rousseau bullshit. An agreement, BY DEFINITION, requires consent. If you are born into unjust laws, there is no "implicit agreement" to them.
Also this >>498241043
>>
>>498241089
You can definitely just instantly lose in one turn if they hit a crit or a weakness
>>
>>498241138
Then you are just advocating for might makes right. Might does not make right, it is only might and might merely gives you the capacity to induce change. I am arguing about what is right and what is not, and extracting wealth by force from people that acquired that wealth through voluntary agreements is not right.
>>
>>498241128
I'm hoping Regicide offers some strategical buffs like Merciless did otherwise it's gonna be pure torture. Enemies getting an extra icon on top of all the even harder buffs they get and harder debuffs you receive with no recourse is gonna be terrifying.
>>
>>498241089
It makes it pretty brutal. It's hard recovering from an ambush because of it.
>>
>>498241235
It's happened plenty to me already. Boss gets an unfortunate crit on a multi-hit attack and it's restart time. I still haven't even seen a single party-wide buff spell yet which is really adding to the pain.
>>
>>498241340
>NOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST OWN LAND
>I WANT TO OWN THE LAND YOU HAVE TO GIB IT TO ME
I'm advocating you can't just steal things that belong to other people already, without them defending their ownership. Sorry you were born too late to make your sovereign claim to your own micronation.
>>
>>498241486
Seeker gets Matarukaja as a synthesis spell
>>
>>498241089
Its good, hard actually feels hard in some areas, although I do wish it forced more actual battles than letting you oneshot everything in the overworld after a point. Some of the best battles are the ones that end up as puzzles you need to solve with proper class switches and using specific items and skills
>>
Do you eventually start swimming in MAG? 20k to carry over the Warrior's capstone skill and they act like I'd want to exchange MAG for $
>>
>>498241552
The state is not "other people." It is an institution that claims the geographic monopoly on force and ultimate dispute arbitration. They are closer to a guild of bandits approaching you whiole claiming that you owe them your wealth in a clear attempt at extortion.
>>
>>498241852
Sounds pretty based. You have plenty to share, if you won't give it willingly, it'll be taken by force by the majority. Maybe don't sit on more stuff than you need next time.
>>
The village chief is a siscon just like me fr
>>
These Runner bosses were easy until the last one. Adding another while keeping the turn limit is such bullshit especially when there's no where to level grind.
>>
>>498241976
So now the mask slips and it becomes evident that you promote the absurd idea of might makes right. Also, it is hilarious how you think it is the majority that will take it by force, as if most people were psychopaths like you, and not another minority (about as psychopathic as you, but not as dumb as you) manipulating the majority (or the perception of what contitutes the majority).
>>
>>498241357
>I hope it's like Merciless, a difficulty that is frequently easier than the difficulty below it
>>
File: Scree.jpg (57 KB, 719x771)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
The completionist ocd in me is kinda pissed that there are narratives and items tied to some of the king trait interactions with random NPCs in town. I really wanna hear for example the stories the old people tell for imagination stat to the end but dont wanna waste a day on it
>>
>>498242128
I do think caring for society's needs as a whole is more important for the foundation of society than respecting individual liberties of hoarding, yes. You hit the nail on the head. Societies all throughout history are poisoned by despots who think their illegitimate and invisible stake in their accumulation of resources is more important than the people who lack in said resources and are dying because of it.
>>
>>498242208
Watch them on youtube or cheat your way through the whole story.
>>
File: file.png (406 KB, 587x528)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>>498242208
was he right?
>>
>>498241357
i feel like im barely forced to switch my comp around at all on hard, ive had strohl and hulkenberg on their default ones for the 34 hours ive played and they just kind of stomp everything. i imagine regicide makes it so youre kinda forced to switch shit around hence the boost to xp and money you get while on that mode which is why i find it weird as fuck to lock it behind beating the game. like i WANT to experiment with other archetypes but theres hardly any need to
>>
>>498242162
This lol. Merciless is a shitty meme difficulty setting.
>>
>>498242342
Knight is unironically quite shit on its own though. Hulk would be doing nothing 90% of turns if I didn't pass on media.
>>
>>498241796
Its primarily just from grinding, there doesn't seem to be a daily activity to get a bunch. Like I have 30k and I do utilize the mag->money on rainy days if the rate is over 10x. Obviously I don't dump all of it but I do always seem to have enough for when I need to inherit skills.
>>
>>498242342
Where are you at in 34 hours, cause I had to swap them off just to get the archetype the final ones require. Like you need 10 Sniper for the last one for Thief lineage so you need 20 gunner then level up 10 sniper. I got Leon on Brawler just for stats/strike damage cause I can't even get his final one yet past Swordmaster
>>
>>498242289
Oh so you are just stupid and think economies are a zero sum system and it is merely about le big evil dragon hoarding wealth and people dropping dead due to hunger caused by aforementioned metaphorical dragon.
Societies have been poisoned by the enemies of commerce across history, and the social orders that they impose are just as obscene. Clear examples are the URRS and Sparta (with literal cuck tyrants).
Without private property, including the ownership of your own body, you are for all practical pruposes a slave.
>>
File: 1703880771250416.png (815 KB, 750x738)
815 KB
815 KB PNG
why is Maria social link so depressing holy shit
>>
>>498242458
Knight is your only replenishable source of DEF Down for a while, Pierce too. If I wasn't running phys MC and wanted the Brawler crit buff I'd have one.
>>
>>498242603
>Without private property, including the ownership of your own body, you are for all practical pruposes a slave.
I'm already a slave to capital. Work or starve, the slumlord guffaws with his hands full of mutton. Hardly a choice. Thank you for arguing for my side, comrade.
>>
>>498242458
Yeah, I think Knight's pretty shit too. Still, I stuck with it and eventually got Paladin and Dark Knight and both are pretty cracked Imo.
>>
>>498242673
Maria is my adopted daughter wife
>>
>Luck Start
4 Str
4 Mag
4 End
4 Agi
9 Luck
>Assuming that stats are distributed evenly via natural growth
23 Str
23 Mag
23 End
23 Agi
28 Luck with 3 leftover points
>Archetype Mastery Bonuses
+16 Str
+16 Mag
+22 End
+18 Agi
+14 Luck
>Level Up
98 Points

Assuming we focus on Str/Agi/Luck on a 2:1:2 Ratio with the leftovers into Str, then we get
80 Str, 60 Agi, 80 Luck before other bonuses. Probably an overcap but who knows.
>>
File: ud.png (1.03 MB, 1200x675)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>498242763
>
>>
File: strohl.png (1.25 MB, 1070x817)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
I can already tell archetype grinding is gonna be mind-numbing
>>
>>498242673
it's like they looked back to nanako and said "hey let's make a worse version of this"
>>
File: 5j656.png (1.9 MB, 1092x956)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET THIS GOLD BEETLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>498242598
waiting for louis' soiree, already did all the side stuff just dicking around now. also theres a difference between literally needing to switch your comp around so they can progress further in their main lineage and needing to switch them because a certain archetype is just a no go for some scenarios but i feel like on hard it doesnt really matter

>>498242458
knight has god tier synthesis skills, wut? you can literally just spam weakness on things that arent weak to pierce or thunder and later on light or dark
>>
>>498242836
Nigga just put 40 points in a row into STR like a real man
>>
>>498243021
Once you get to the third-fourth tier, I imagine it'll be easy to grind the second tiers. I don't think you need to be that powerful outside of minmax autism.
>>
>>498243021
Plenty of side quests give you fruits to gain a-xp. You can also grow fruits yourself.
>>
Is there any difference between levelling an archetype normally vs using a maxed one and just funnelling all the leaves to the new one?
>>
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I COOK AND READ WHILE NOT ON THE ROAD?!
>>
>>498243021
It's not that bad. You sit in your buffed up Archetype, passively gain EXP fruits and then hop over to the next one when you can raise its level enough to be worth it. Can also inherit the new skills into the old chassis.
>>
>>498243182
You've got more pressing matters at hand
>>
>>498242710
>I'm already a slave to capital.
You are not. You cannot be an slave to something that is not sentient. You are using metaphorical language and confusing it for reality in your stupidity. If anything, you are a slave to central banking and states around the world, with select corporations as their partners in crime.
>Work or starve
That is something imposed by reality itself, your literal human nature. You would need food regardless of anything.
>the slumlord guffaws with his hands full of mutton
You are just painting a picture in order to emotionally manipulate isntead of making an actual, rational argument for the ethical superiority of your position.
>Hardly a choice.
Again, starving is merely part of your nature and nobody owes you shit merely for existing, except maybe your immediate family. To blame this on private property rights is idiotic.
>Thank you for arguing for my side, comrade.
Commies are just braindead and delusional. Such a sad thing that they feel entitled to all the death and suffering they cause.
>>
File: image-264.png (310 KB, 982x204)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>498243021
nah, keep in mind leveling up an archetype that's mastered gives you a leaf of light and a mastered archetype only needs 1k a-exp
>>
>>498243237
I quite literally do not. I need to read them books for achievement.
>>
File: 1.gif (3.99 MB, 560x463)
3.99 MB
3.99 MB GIF
'ulkin
>>
File: 1726144210495042.png (141 KB, 498x373)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>time marches on and the age of a new king draws nearer
>>
>>498241030
I enjoy that in Final Fantasy XIV after they had the elf pope as a final boss, the rest of the story set in that country is constantly reiterating that the Church itself, its teachings, and the people that practice it are all perfectly fine, if in need of political restructuring, after weeding out the murderers. And this generates endless seethe from a section of the playerbase that demand that the hero raze the entire community to the ground instead of having to take part in the reconstruction of the faith, because they're mad their parents made them attend church as children.
>>
>>498243315
> and a mastered archetype only needs 1k a-exp
Damn is that right, I wonder if it would be worth to just not swapping off Wizard and just giving my other jobs that 1k a-xp fruit if its not going to make a difference.
>>
>>498243249
So hanging homelessness and starvation over an individual's head in order to force them into selling their labour for pennies on the hour isn't slavery, but, what, being unable to privately own a factory is? Brain-dead rhetoric, how shameful of you.
>>
Any quests/bounties in Brilehaven you can do in a single day together? I feel like I wasted a day going to the village outside Martira, only to get a bounty that is in a cave that stops in the town on the way and could have done them in the same day.
>>
>>498243446
I'm waiting for the inevitable point in the game where that whole bit changes.
>>
>>498243578
idk but i do know that mobs in dungeons during special weathers give a fucking astronomical amount of a-exp
>>
>>498243457
You reminded me how good XIV's world building was. Shit's not just x bad y good. At least back in arr and hw. I didn't play after warriors of darkness patch.
>>
I like the Normal Combat Theme
>>
>tfw too stupid for hulkenbergs rank 7 hangout
paladinbros....
>>
>>498243181
Pls respond
>>
>>498243658
I do main dungeon first to the end so all the sidequests unlock and get on a long road trip to clear them at once.
>>
File: 1701295098965100.png (468 KB, 432x531)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
GIWTWM
>>
>>498242121
Please help I don't want to waste a day.
>>
>>498243798
Oh shit there's a wisdom gate for that? What level of wisdom?
>>
>>498241976
>>498242289
>governments
>caring about society's needs
lmao
>>
>>498242121
>>498243932
You're fucked.
>>
>>498242693
It's also your only source of piercing damage initially.
>>
>>498244027
rank 4, all of my stats are evenly spread to rank 3 at this point
>>
>>498243181
No. Just go ahead and just stick to whatever currently has the best loadout for your needs.
>>
Neuras' runnersexual is pretty based desu
>>
>>498243926
I wish to sniff Hulkie's sweaty armpits, feet, and pussy and ass.
>>
im so goddamn excited to play today.
>>
>>498244240
This is definitely gonna be me when I wake up tomorrow.
>>
>>498243621
>So hanging homelessness and starvation
Those are the default conditions as you come to this world and then people, usually your immediate family, voluntarily provide for you until you can contribute and earn stuff by yourself.
>force them into selling their labour for pennies
Never happens. Nobody forces you to work for them. If you want to be mad, be mad at those preventing more people from engaging in entrepeneurial activities by artificially increasing the barriers of entry.
>being unable to privately own a factory is (slavery)?
No, one can be unable to own a factory due to a lack of resources. Someone preventing you from owning a factory despite you having the adequate amount of resources to engage in a voluntary exchange to procure that factory for yourself actually is someone trampling your rights and imposing its will on you arbitrarily. I wonder what kind of people would be interested in preventing anyone else from owning productive capital (and guns). Almost like they want you completely dependent (and enslaved) on them and subject to their whims with no resort. Obviously they will disguise their attempts as something virtuous. It is for the greater good! It is for the people! Rabble, aren't you mad? Why don't you steal that for me and later we, the learned ones, will make everything work out just fine (actually enslaves you)?
It is very transparent, yet the most stupid and psychopathic among us always push us in that direction, and most people are just clueless about it because they are too busy actually contributing to society through voluntary relationships instead of dwelling in obscure, leftist literature and disruptive/subversive activism that is later used to justify atrocities.
>>
File: 1709276390213471.jpg (168 KB, 1280x1280)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>498244050
I'll find some way to cheese it.
>>
File: 1728198989854513.jpg (380 KB, 3840x2160)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
What did he mean by this
What the fuck is he doing in the toilet on the weekends
>>
>>498244395
It will be extremely expensive.
>>
>set destination : Komero
>thinking it's a new place you can explore, new quests and whatnot
>it's literally just a fucking background wallpaper and bunch of dialogues
bravo John Atlus
>>
https://poal.me/wa9o7s

I want to know
>>
When does the game get good? I'm like 8 hours in and bored out of my mind
>>
>>498244424
Sometimes you have time to do deep introspection if the dump is really massive.
>>
>>498244568
sovl...
>>
>>498244660
When you reach Shinjuku
>>
>>498244660
You won't like it later if this is the case, just quit.
>>
>>498244897
But I spent $40 :(
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.36 MB, 2560x1440)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
200% render scale and the mod to increase draw distance and shadow quality help the game look a little better but I really hope someone does a texture mod, they look straight out of the PS3 era in most places and the storybook filter draws your eye to them more than obscure them
>>
Hulkens spear crit/weakness animation looks fucking dumb.
>>
File: 1718290323645359.png (363 KB, 620x349)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>Hashino, angered by everyone telling him that Saturday is also part of the weekend and that the youths haven't had school on it for decades, deleted 2 days of the week
>>
>>498245065
She's secretly a dragoon.
>>
Can I force some kind of AA at the driver level for this or do I need the mod?
>>
>>498245117
Based.
>>
>3 warriors
>spam Peerless Stonecleaver
>win
What the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
>>498245151
Need the mod, but its got ghosting issues. I'm tying to see if I can jury rig DLAA into the game
>>
Out of all the activities on the runner, reading with Gallica is the only one where I've chosen "correct" answers for every single time. We're simply just made for each other.
>>
>>498245293
RIP, wish my rig was good enough to oversample but w/e.
>>
>>498243749
Shadowbringers touches on a few themes that are almost exactly the same as Metaphor.
>>
>>498240464
Funny how the church has been historically a force against commerce and her archetype is the merchant. Makes perfect sense.
>>
Is the entire game on hardest difficulty just wipe enemies in two turns on wipe in two turns?
>>
>>498245834
Not every encounter, but you should treat it that way because there are plenty that will do that to you.
>>
>>498245151
which mod has AA?
>>
>>498245419
oversampling still has shimmer artifacts so you arent missing out, im at 200% on a 4070ti super.
>>
>>498241030
Dragon Quest is that. Church is evil because Nips are Buddhist.
>>
>>498245419
Maybe look into the program "Lossless Scaling". It has a function to force Frame Gen into any game (you're not using the scaling function, disable that and only enable the framegen function). It works pretty well generally and is essentially downloading free frames per second at the cost of some small input lag (don't use it in multiplayer games but in this or other single player games, even reaction based like Soulslike games, I haven't had an issue). You can experience some ghosting at times but it's only getting better over time and results vary across games but I've never had issues. Works even on 10 series cards. It's 5 dollars on Steam but is easy to find to pirate (cs.rin.ru). I haven't tried it in Metaphor yet but it has given me massive frame gains in multiple games.

>>498245953
It's just Reshade injecting TAA with a custom config (to cut down on ghosting and UI issues) that can be found on the Steam community guides section.
>>
What determines the 30% off days?
>>
>enemy buffs itself
>enemy gains 4 turn orbs
>enemy wipes your team
sasuga
>>
>>498246235
It's crazy how absurdly limited buffs/debuffs are here compared to SMT. I'm lvl 22 and haven't even seen tarunda or rakunda.
>>
>>498244031
Compared to capitalists, who would've gladly shredded our ozone and fried the planet not even 50 years ago for a couple bucks profit
>>498244378
>Nobody forces you to work for them.
You say this as if you're offered a lot of choice on who you work for rather than settling.
>Wall of text about how private ownership of labour is good.
Not interested.
>>
>>498246223
29th of each month.
So if you're going to buy any of the super expensive stuff do it then.
>>
>Oh this place just has slimes, tentacle things and weird red slimes. Should be easy
>The red ones are immune to bludgeoning
>Ok I'll just try slash...
>They're immune to slash
>Ok I guess Hulk has to carry with pierce
>They're immune to pierce
>Don't have any magic spells
>Just keep escaping from battle
>Get to boss guarding the exit
>It summons two red slimes

Thank fuck for magic damage dealing items
>>
>>498244378
cringe
>>498246345
Based
>>
>>498246390
Why wouldn't you just switch people to mage? Even if their stats aren't optimal for it it's better than doing literally no damage.
>>
>>498246345
cringe
>>498244378
BASED
>>498246505
cringe
>>
>>498246565
samefag
>>
>>498246346
Thanks
>>
>>498246514
Easy enough to dodge them and eventually they were weak enough to die in OW. The real problem was the boss randomly summoning it after they show you the boss and that it's not a red slime
>>
>>498244031
He is a delusional bootlicker.
He even believes you must surrender your rights OR THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT WILL END
(ignore that the largests catastrophes, ecological or otherwise, have ocurred by the hand of states)
It is not a coincidence that the kool aid drinkers of Jonestown ("The Peoples Temple Agricultural Project") were neomarxoid christians.
>>
>>498246341
you get def down and atk down from knight and swordmaster, they want you to use synthesis
>>
I love the Brawler synthesis attacks.
>>
>>498247057
>use 2 turn icons for debuff
Sounds not worth it, especially since it expires 2 turns later
>>
Is there any bestiary available somewhere?
I want to know which enemies are worth stealing from.
>>
>>498247238
Generally any large unique enemy type has interesting shit to steal, the mimics especially
>>
anyone got the artbook?
>>
>https://steamcommunity.com/app/2679460/discussions/0/4697908845433276533/?ctp=2
someone uploaded regicide save file, anyone know what they change exactly? or is it just like merciless in persona?
>>
>open chest
>party wiped
lol
>>
File: Spoiler Image (236 KB, 405x494)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>498247931
>>
>>498247931
Classic.
>>
Finally, a class with some real buffs. Still patiently waiting for Catherina Rank 3 and then there should be nothing I can't fist.
>>
i forgot what a good game felt like... its been so long... only just started but I already know....
>>
>>498248276
I felt the same way, you can feel they balanced things pretty well.
>>
I'm kinda tempted to go str+mag...
How bad would this idea be?
>>
>>498248453
anon, it is the canon path
>>
>>498243315
where/when you get this?
>>
Soul Hacker looks so god damn ugly
>>
I found myself overleveled for the second dungeon just by doing side quests and bounties
does it fix itself on the third city or is it always going to be this way?
feels like SMTVV all over again with how much exp you get by doing what the game wants you to
>>
managed to beat minotaur at level 11 quite a few tries, should I bother going for that accessory I heard about
>>
File: 1698574639560131.png (92 KB, 230x248)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
How's the english dub ? Decent enough or should I stay the fuck away ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2dgSJJyxQ
>>
Give me a reason to play Metaphor. I like Rise and Futaba if that helps.
>>
You don't need to fight mimics
>>
File: 1663720618756470.jpg (143 KB, 634x845)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>498249153
>>
how do I purify shit outside grand trad?
>>
>>498249727
Junah is Rise but 100x better
>>
>You know who she is... Say her name.
>What?
>Say her name...
>... Hulkenberg...
>You're goddamn right.
>>
Are there any ways to reallocate your stats?
>>
>>498250329
>>
what the actual fuck
is the merchant supposed to give me basically infinite money by fighting overworld shit?
>>
>>498250602
It's bugged
>>
>>498250015
You don't

You get teleportation and can come back without using time
>>
>>498250626
Bugged how?
>>
>>498250672
"chance to give"
It gives it 100% of the time
>>
>>498250664
huh. what the fuck.
>>
I wonder why they didn't add a way to load your save or return to main menu when you're in combat
you gotta close your entire game to reload..
>>
>>498250626
>>498250745
shut the fuck up
>>
Holy fuck Soul Hacker paired up with a Dancer or a Warrior is so broken its funny. you get access to a synthesis thats an extreme almighty aoe magic attack that restores MP on hit, so you end up breaking even on whoever casted it and only spending 20 mp.
>>
>>498250825
>merchant abuser detected
OHNONONO
>>
>>498250602
don't bother grinding overworld shit unless you want to 1shot every mob in every dungeon you enter without a real turn-based fight
>>
This game is hot woke dogshit
>>
>>498250854
got near 3million using it as the devs intended, stay mad and broke
>>
Should i buy the Golden Epee? It's 40K with discount
>>
File: kekaroo.jpg (25 KB, 285x428)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>498250917
>cheating in a single player game
>>
>>498250974
If youre still in the Cathedral arc itll last you until the 3rd dungeon, id go for it
>>
>>498251057
Guess i'll buy it then. I'm done with Cathedral but i'm still in 4th day
>>
>>498249535
Nah, it's nice but not a big deal.
>>
Gunner is cool because it's basically impossible to get ambushed.
>>
File: 1702625672994221.jpg (89 KB, 1280x800)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
So the merchant skill is bugged or not? is it fine if I abuse it?
>>
People at at or past the third dungeon what's your party like?

MC - Gunner with commander skills
Strohl - Full warrior
Hakunamatata - Magic Knight with some healing skills
Heismay - Just thief at the moment, he'll be replaced with someone with more of a magic focus

Currently buffing the comp with the MC, then forcing a weakness to phys with gunner synth and then going all out with Strohl is carrying me against big enemies
>>
>>498251767
It turns money into a joke but money is a joke without it. Still lets you afford some of the more expensive stuff fast like the AOE Igniters which will make the game easier. If you want the game to be easier, go for it.
>>
>>498251793
Currently waiting for events past the third "dungeon"

MC - Faker with Gold Toss and Medi. His job is to debuff and keep people alive, and occasionally deal with a mimic.
Strohl - Currently in Commander. His job is to buff and sometimes use his elemental physical skills.
Hulkenberg - Magic Knight, but she has Wizard at 10 and all those spells inherited. Her job is to be what passes for the mage of the group and occasionally tank or poke with spear.
Heismay - Assassin, but has Gunner maxed. Also steal inherited in every single class he has access to. His job is to steal things and then smack them around.
>>
>>498251793
MC - Magic Seeker with Merchant dip
Strohl - Swordmaster with Commander dip
Hulk - Magic Knight with Mage dip
Heismay - Assassin with Gunner dip
>>
>>498250745
It's mistranslated
>>
>>498251002
as opposed to cheating in multiplayer game? i'm not using merchant but there's no reason anybody should care what people do with their single player games.
>>
>>498251793
MC- Wizard but I've done 20 in seeker and a bunch in Magic Seeker. Done a bunch in Commander cause you need General for More's quest. 20 in Healer aswell, 15 or so in Merchant. My MC has eaten all those fruits

Leon - Warrior/Swordmaster into Brawler/Pugilist
Hulk- Knight into Mage into Magic Knight into Warrior

Heismay- Thief into Assassin into Gunner so I can get Sniper
>>
File: 1719375660787925.png (57 KB, 1398x511)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>498252804
yep
>>
Man it sure takes a fucking long ass time before you get your full party in this game. I wonder if anyone is even going to bother using Basilio considering how ludicrously late he joins? It's worse than Haru...
>>
I did the medicine, cooking quests and optional dungeon, is there anything else to do beyond raising social stats and the main dungeon?
>>
>>498253589
I don't know if they'll do anything to alleviate it but late joiners start so behind in terms of archetypes as well, I'm already feeling it with Junah where everyone else in my party is way more decked out and she's stuck playing catch up, and there's still two more party members after that. At least in persona the party members mostly start on equal footing (aside from some social link bonuses)
>>
>need masked dancer and gunner if you want offensive mc
fuck, junah takes too long to join
>>
Forehead-chan dresses like a mid-40s Chinese housewife.
>>
>>498253589
There's a full month and a half left when he joins which has some of the longest content in the game. You're overstating it. Plus, unlike Haru, he's built up before, so theres already some attachment
>>
>>498253589
>>498253746
Kinda crazy that some games like FF7 give you the entire cast before disc 1 ends and then you have games like this where they give you one so late its hard to connect with them as a character or use them in battle effectively without grinding
>>
>>498254062
take the brawler pill
>>
>>498254062
what are you waffling about? soul hacker on its own is a top tier mid-to-endgame dps
>>
File: 1726705162485177.jpg (60 KB, 720x711)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>Strohl keeps missing non stop
>losing my shit
>realize near the end of the dungeon the sword I had on him has 65 hit
>>
>>498253589
He has an absolutely insane stat layout and Royal Berserker is broken. Hes so good that even when hes so behind he can pull his own weight
>>
Just started the game. This is just medival persona is it? Also can you respec? Or should I read up on how stats work first?
>>
>>498254501
Unfortunately you cant respec as far as we know so plan out a build ahead of time. The currently agreed upon standard build for MC is pumping STR and MAG evenly and occasionally throwing some points in AGI and END. Dont level luck its worthless
>>
>>498254587
I wouldn't say luck is worthless, but the game has you covered, since you can get a free luck point every 5 days
>>
File: 9f2.jpg (28 KB, 680x382)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>498254587
>luck its worthless
>>
>>498251793
>>498251751
Do you like Gunner? How does overworld gunner work are you literally shooting at a distance, aiming, what?
>>
>>498254337
>soul hacker on its own is a top tier mid-to-endgame dps
>the top tier mid-to-endgame dps "hybrid" archetype is named after the sickest and raddest 90s cyberpunk game
absolutely based and blessed

call me johnny
johnny mnemonic
>>
>>498254681
How?
>>
>>498254587
Can you just go full MAG? Since the combat system seems like persona where you are targetting weaknesses.
>>
>>498255215
Your lock on attack changes to a ranged attack. It is very easy to abuse.
>>
>>498255350
use the toilet on every day that ends in 5
>>
just got the healer lvl 10 quest, who did u make the healer?
>>
>>498255437
Thanks.
>>498255489
Hulk-chan.
>>
>>498255435
the thing is the MC's unique class you unlock near the end has really good physical skills and really good physical synthesis skills so you want both. that said for the majority of the early game id go magic because seeker->magic seeker->soul hacker is definitely magic focused
>>
1. What's the best archetype and stats to pump to be an edgy "I LOVE ALICE FROM SMT, LET'S ALL LOVE ALICE! DIE FOR ME" type build

2. also what's the most aesthetic melee/physical build that isn't just straight barbarian "I HIT WITH AXE!!!! SMASH!!!" shit?

I have particular tastes...
>>
>>498255551
1. You wanna go down Mage and when you get to Tier 3 be a Warlock instead of an Element Master

2. Either Warrior->Swordsmaster->Samurai or Brawler->Pugilist->Martial Artist, pick your poison between sword and fist
>>
>>498255489
everyone
>>
>>498255652
>Warlock
where or what is the "small percentage instant kill move" like die for me though, and if you know, is its chance increased by LUK?
>>
Why can't you fucking respec?
>>
Swordmaster is such a weird fucking class. I know T2 archetypes are intentionally not always direct upgrades but Swordmaster is particularly weird. Just four different levels of aoe slashing attacks.
>>
>>498255917
You can switch Archetype any time. Skill based game. Use a trainer to change your stats if you're super bad off/regretting shit and on PC, I guess... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why can't you fucking turn on anti-aliasing? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>498255917
You really don't fucking need to. Even if you somehow did something insanely stupid like put all your points into END or something you can still serve perfectly fine as a buffer/debuffer which is a very important role in Atlus games.
>>
>>498255914
It doesnt have instant kills I dont think but it is the premiere source of magic Dark damage. If you want Instakills you want to go Thief->Assassin->Ninja

Assassin has Assassinate (Dark Physical Attack) and Illusive Dream (Slash Physical attack which both have a chance to instakill. I believe it does scale with Luck, yes, but not to a degree where id build around it.
>>
If someone is in reserve, and you got the bond that gives them full XP, is it also archetype XP? If I can't get people passive XP I honestly won't bother using anyone but the first 4.
>>
>>498256087
Thank you.
>>
Do you get anything like the dragon sword for beating the optional spooky eyes ???? boss? I think if I fucked around a bit I could kill it, but I'm not going to bother if all it's going to do is make me more over-leveled.
>>
Do I get punished if I leave a dungeon to do other shit in the world? I don't want to miss any of the time gated stuff but I'm bored shitless in this dungeon
>>
File: Metaphor-Junah.jpg (27 KB, 700x391)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Yet another rapemeat punching bag character
>>
Just about to go kill this Heismay guy. Real piece of work he is kidnapping all these people!
>>
>>498256481
If you leave a dungeon the day will end. You'll have to spend another day to go back and finish it. That's about it.
>>
>>498256762
So it is basically persona where you have to beat a dungeon in one sitting?
>>
Are bounties treated like quests in that they unlock something? Or are they more of a thing you do on the side, while doing an actual quests that wants you to go to that area?

Asking because of time management.
>>
Does this game have choices?
>>
>everyone calls her Hulk, Hulkie, Hulkenberg, etc.
>not Eiselin
I can moan Eiselin while fucking and cumming moaning HULK or HULKENBERG is a challenge.
>>
>>498256508
She is a virgin, though.
>>
>>498256810
NTA but yeah. Though in this game it seems more lenient in getting shit done within a time frame. You've got a lot more free time spare here so using an extra day really isn't a big deal.
>>
File: 1699932030358465.jpg (306 KB, 2560x1440)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
JUNA SAMA UOOOOOOOOOH
that cutscene was fucking kino. Pure Kino
>>
>>498257068
What does that matter? Has all of the bimbo whore tropes and fanservice shoveled onto her to degrade her to prop up Atlus waifu Hulkenberg.
Made a point of having her useless weak, irrelevant.

Just like fucking Ann and Makoto
>>
>>498257170
>hulkenberg
Eupha is canon
>>
>>498251793
mc wizz
strohl general
hulk magic seker
heis assassin
>>
>>498256810
>>498257161
Someone said by the end you've got something like 11 completely spare days.
>>
>>498256810
I mean. You don't HAVE to. They wouldn't let you leave if they didn't want to make it a choice. But it's optimal to do it one go, yeah. I dunno how strict the schedule is but you should have at least a few extra days so it's no biggie if you want to leave and come back.
>>
>>498256762
ffs what a drag. ty anon.
>>
>>498257230
Hulkenberg is the clear Atlus favorite. And Junah is a """Dancer""" too, to add to the bullshit cliche
>>
I love Heismay's social link
>>
>>498257170
>Atlus waifu Hulkenberg
I haven't played it yet admittedly but everyone I've seen say anything has suggested 1. Hulk gets shafted to the side
2. Junah is basically the female main character protagonist to your player male protagonist
>>
>>498256810
Good fucking luck with the fourth main dungeon. Actual torture chamber
>>
How will they ruin it in the rerelease
>>
>>498257253
Yeah. In Persona 5 even I feel like if you wanted to do literally everything you'd need a guide open to plan each day carefully but here I feel like you could pretty easily do it just going in blind. Honestly I prefer it like this cause the time management shit is never actually difficult and it allows me to actually do other things outside of the most optimal choices. I think there was like half of the activities you could do in P5 that I just never touched cause there wasn't a need for it.
>>
>>498257365
Not at all. Hulkenberg gets heavy focus in the cutscenes, Junah has little relevance, a few bit lines, similar to the Makoto and Ann dynamic
>>
>>498257365
That would be Gallica. She’s the romantic lead
>>
>can't switch classes in battle for half a turn cost
>so if you bring the wrong set-up you just have to die and reload instead of being able to salvage things after correcting
>>
>>498256923
Mostly the XP from the boss, money and courage, with some bounties also taking place in an area some NPC might give you a quest for.
>>
>>498257461
You are lying out of your TEETH. Junah is central to the main plot. If anything Eupha is a more accurate example because she feels kind of shelved compared to the rest of the cast.
>>
>>498257589
Thanks.
>>
>>498257562
Just swap member for half a turn cost instead
>>
I'm not enjoying the game but I AM enjoying the babes
>>
>>498257365
Hulk is the "femdom knight woman" archetype, of course that's always their favorite
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-28cw8AGMY

Hulkenberg clearly has the least romantic date scene.
>>
I've got about 15 days left waiting for the third main dungeon after having finished all the optional stuff
So far I'd say the game is ok. I think there is way too much recycled content and it would've been fine but the quality of he side dungeons/forests/stories is quite poor and there is very little variety
I'd honestly rather have large main dungeons like Persona or open fields like SMT5 instead of whatever they've done with Metaphor
>>
>>498257823
>"femdom knight woman"
kino alert kino alert *bangs spoon on pan*
>>
>>498257406
Atlus does DLC now like a normal company. Episode Aigis is proof that.
>>
>>498257837
It's pretty clear from how they changed her design to make her as unsexy as humanly possible that they REALLY didn't want you to be attracted to Hulkenberg and see her as a heroine.
>>
>>498257956
I don't get that. The point is to make her unfeminine and not sexual and "not like the other girls" to make a point that she's the only serious and strong and competent one.
>>
>>498256810
You have ample time to do everything, as long as you don't take a solid week to finish a dungeon you're fine.
>>
>>498258080
>competent
But she’s a fucking DORK!
>>
>>498258164
Give me a break, as if Makoto wasn't?
>>
>>498257837
>haven't played the game
>not averse to spoilers, especially minor ones like this moment
>already like Hulkenberg purely because I'm a PROUD HIMESEXUAL, HIMESEXUAL PRIDE WORLDWIDE
>it's implied here she's a drunk lush
>I know she's also a fucking dork who gets hyped about "idol" Junah
>she speaks formally with 1000 IQ about how adding more ingredients to a recipe... results in MORE of that recipe
my hype and my flourishing new love only GROWS!
>>
>>498258206
Makoto was just a retard. Sae was right to shit on her
>>
How tf are people enjoying this??

Am I being punked?

Is this what JRPGs are now?
>>
>>498256810
The time management in Metaphor is so hilariously lenient that it might as well not even exist.
>>
>>498258271
this is one of the best jrpgs to come out in the past two decades you nigger. get over yourself
>>
>>498258271
>Is this what JRPGs are now?
what do you mean, good?

this is GOTY

a come from behind kinda game, like Vito from The Sopranos
>>
>>498258318
not saying much kek
>>
>>498258318
>replying to obvious shitposts from off site cancerous subhumans
Anon, your lurking reps
>>
Is it just me or is the difficulty curve quite bad?
First story dungeon was hard as balls to do in one sitting, but then everything afterwards feels too easy.

Makes me switch the difficulty for the thrird time now.
>>
>>498258369
That is also true. The only other JRPG I've really enjoyed this like past decade is Star Ocean 6. Everything else has been ass.
>>
It feels like boss fights favor physical a bit too much.
The dragon boss during demo made me think magic will breeze through early game.
But then physical class get access to heavy and severe attacks right off the bat and boss fights are balanced around using those skills.
Not to mention physical skill can have elemental attacks too. Magic is reduced to "utility" just to gain extra turn.
>>
>>498258412
idk the game so far is nothing but wipe or get wiped and reset so I don't know if that counts as difficult or not
>>
>>498258412
wait until you get to the fourth dungeon, youll come crawling back to normal
>>
>>498258485
That's fine, but I'd like some consistency.
>>
>>498258412
>>498258459
>>498258485
>>498258521
Is everyone playing on Hard? I played SMTVV and normal kicked my ass so I went with normal here too.
>>
>that tournament announcement
>everyone shits on the MC with his awkward wave
Kek
>>
>>498258458
What are you talking about? Warrior doesnt even GET heavy single target until Royal Warrior. Magic scales way better early
>>
Does this game have class dependent stat growth? As in if I used a character as a mage a shit ton I can no longer switch to a melee oriented class or will the stats change as if I had levelled as such?
>>
>>498258485
The island? I hope so cause the only times the game has been difficult is when I get caught using new archetypes, reload a save and swap to big ones and blast shit.
>>
>>498258412
I don't think so. Like the game does get easier, but that's just how RPGs be, the more combat options you have the easier it is. I'm playing on hard and still feel decently challenged.
>>
>>498258542
Hardo modu is normal mode. Normal modu is easy. Eehhhhhhh? Easy modu? Only kids play on easy modu!
>>
>>498258459
>>498258542
I'm on hard yes but only 12 hours in
>>
Damn, Ch2 boss was fucking brutal. Used like 6 SP items and it was still fucking tough.
>>
>>498258574
It's not class dependent if you pump 40 strength and go to mage you still have 40 strength and no magic investment afaik, and there are no resets

however at least for mid-game I've seen people say if you're full strength or vice versa and they're only hit by magic you're better off doing a little damage than next to nothing by switching to a strength or vice versa class...

that's my understanding as someone who just started
>>
>>498258569
I'm talking about Synthesis Skills. Warrior and Knight get access to severe and heavy attacks that can end boss fight very quick, even in Hard.
>>
>>498258625
Yes the Island dungeon is absolutely bonkers. The whole thing is a reference to the Etrian Odyssey series if that paints a picture in your head

>>498258542
I started on Hard but switched to normal around level 40/45. Random mooks start being able to generate press turns its nutty
>>
so i'm at louis ship waiting for his shit party now and my followers have like 2-3 archetypes maxed . Is there a decent spot to finally grind? The hints to run x for whatever boss on hard are nice but if you lack the archetypes to begin with well then wtf am I supposed to do. Barely passed the 3 Turn shit on the ship and even had to use L3. Kinda annoying.
>>
Worth splurging on the very expensive weapons/armor on Bargain Day?
Or just stock up on consumables since you get good gear as rewards/loot?
>>
>>498258574
No. Each class has their own stat bonuses that get bigger as you level the class. Swap classes, swap bonuses.
>>
Eiselin Burchelli Meijal Hulkenberg, my beloved
>>
>can't keep playing because my arthritis in my hands is too severe

getting old sucks
>>
>>498258816
You can do the coliseum, even at night. There is a 30 fight in a row gauntlet. I am not sure if you can do it during the day, and then immediately do it again at night. I am not sure if that is better than doing one of the dungeons and endlessly grinding by respawning enemies.
>>
>>498258874
>knife-ear
>>
>>498258835
The tuxedo is worth
>>
>>498258874
saved the image and absolutely based

>>498258918
I use knife ear as a loving term instead of a pejorative myself; my kick stream later will likely mention her belovedly hairy knife ears
>>
>>498258869
thanks anon
>>
>>498258835
Golden Epee and Noble Tuxedo don't get replaced for a good while.
>>
>>498258878
were you a carpenter for 30 years spreading grout and caulk by finger? I'm sorry for you Anon but how is your arthritis so bad you can't play a JRPG? damn man that sucks I hope all the drywall punching I did in a rage in competitive games doesn't kill my gaming later but I'll probably be dead by that age from smoking and alcoholism and a sedentary lifestyle
>>
I had chatgpt generate a bunch of titles for a potential stream focusing on Hulkenberg and her hime cut for title inspiration and chatGPT literally generated a title referencing "The Himesexual Agenda".

What the fuck chatGPT isn't that against protocol?... Referencing a homophobic "conspiracy theory" in jest?

The power of Hulkenberg's beautiful flowing perfect hime cut broke containment.

p.s. I literally created the term himesexual you're free to use it but don't claim it as your own just be part of the himesexual brotherhood
>>
File: 122777532_p0.jpg (2.11 MB, 2160x2700)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>
>>498258953
>>498259083
Thanks, bough the tuxedo.
>>
>>498257947
anon smtvv was only months ago
>>
>>498258716
Press turns are important yes. There are quite a few times for instance where you'll want hama or an elemental inherited skill on a brawler or warrior for flexibility. Even if they're hitting for half what your magic users are it's better than nothing.
>>
>>498259713
1. why is there still no nexus mods page for Metaphor?
2. they can nerf her ass from hyper-petite vaguely defined butt cheeks in earlier builds to non-descript non-existent butt total sticc-bug tier but they can't make me not love her
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.65 MB, 1920x1080)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB PNG
>only sliver bar of health left
>regen to half
I should've expected that, but still, fuck off
>>
>>498259967
NTA literally what is press turn? the ability to use a turn resource without using a turn? because of critical or weakness? I thought from briefly looking at Bravely Default it was a way to like, GAIN turn advantage (meaning beyond just not expending the turn, which is always a thing in Persona if you hit weakness or w/e, preserving priority)
>>
>>498259971
We have to wait for LoversLab to do it.
>>
>>498260060
Sure
>>
>>498260081
they're gonna do insane BBW shit though not tasteful tiny little sticc bubble butt as was found in early video/screenshots

I liked her slender with a little defined petite butt, I don't want mods (for myself, you do you) to make Hulkenberg into a giga titty ass monster
>>
>>498260060
Basically there are 4 resource points per party member in a single turn
One action cost a single point
If you hit a weakness or critical, you only use up half a point
You can also pass a turn for half a point
If you missed, you lost one extra point
IIRC if you get repelled or blocked you lost the turn entirely
>>
>>498253556
bugfag in shambles
>>
>>498260196
I'm fine with small asses, and I get annoyed by the "literally no ass" meme, but Hulk really does have a non-existent, concave ass
>>
>>498258762
I am just getting there, and I am going to wager its mainly going to be hard cause there are no side dungeons to level up prior to entering. You just go from this island, buy new gear, and immediately get sent to the main dungeon
>>
>>498258734
Mages get access to Meteophor fairly early on. Although most players will probably never see it given that many will commit Strohl to purely phys classes.
>>
>>498260486
No, its hard because its a billion fucking floors and rooms. You WILL run out of MP, and the enemies are way too generally levelled to Mage cheese them consistently and safely. Unless youre stocked to the gills with MP items youre gonna have to take two or maybe even three trips.
>>
Is the merchant class passive intended like that? It seems to be 100% and the money it gives is not small ($375 per enemy).
>>
>>498260468
I hate that too and the obsession with "large" asses. I love a petite little barely there but still there ass. Which she had originally. But they legitimately changed it from earlier footage and gameplay (not even that old) to now.
>>
Ninja is so OP for ambush wtf. Guarantee aoe weakness hit for all enemies with status effect is cracked.
>>
I fucking love this archetype system so much. I used to think nobody was capable of making a job system better than FFV but this is honestly putting even FFV to shame.
>>
>>498258542
I'm about to hit the third dungeon and so far the game isn't that bad on hard. The only time I start shitting my pants is when RNG hits hard and you almost get blown up in 1 turn
>>
>>498259110
I worked construction/cable pulling for a decade but easy jobs other than that. I'm just falling apart I guess.
>>
>>498260637
It does seem pretty ridiculously overtuned, I wouldn't be surprised if it was bugged. You could easily just run around in a super low level dungeon for like an hour one-shotting everyone and walk out with like 300k.
>>
>>498260637
working as intended
see >>498253556
>>
>can teleport to major towns but not teleport to dungeons you've already visited
>>
It’s amazing how many streamers don’t read the lore about the races and clans which leads credence to all of the stereotypes because some are in fact well earned due to their own actions. Like the dog people
>>
>>498260683
MGQP already had a better job system than FFV
>>
>>498242323
It love the art style and it looks great for old tech but goddamn the lack of AA takes a big stinky shit on it.
>>
Can someone tell me if the regen event is mandatory in the second boss?
>>
>>498261141
BASED And true. Funnily enough, part 3 releases in a few weeks. Can't wait for it to get translated.
>>
Does Hero Passive like Mage's MP heal and Merchant's extra gold only works for MC?
He already learned way too many archetype
>>
>>498261592
>only works for MC
Yes
>>
changed Hulkenberg to brawler so she is an expert in slapping the protag’s ass
>>
>>498261592
Yes. The MC gets a unique passive for every class that can only ever be active when they are using that class.
>>
should i buy if i don't like the demo?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.78 MB, 1920x1080)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB PNG
Faker SC spoiler
My bro Alonzo..... It's the Sun SC all over again......
>>
>>498261979
I guess that'd depend on what you didn't like about the demo
>>
This is the first Atlus game that's actually just too difficult for me on hard mode and I might drop it to normal. Jesus they overtuned a lot of this.
>>
>>498261979
No
>>
>>498262282
Enemies getting an extra icon just feels like the game is fishing for extra crits sometimes, it's a bit ridiculous. And even just one crit can ruin a full-health party, no matter how prepared you are.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (280 KB, 1920x1080)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
RIP, thats a way to go even if I never liked that person...
>>
>>498262384
Yeah my main issue is how a single miss or crit pretty much just means a reset half the time when in previous Atlus games I'd probably be able to get away with living (some exceptions of course IE SMT3 hard mode)
>>
>>498262282
I admit I'm too shit for the field attack. It can get a bit too chaotic and enemies are able to jump from 1km away.
>>
>that village that sells 300k cost for healer/dancer
Junah just got a +187 upgrade, hits harder than anyone now
>>
>>498261081
Well no shit 99.9% of streamers are braindead fucking subhuman retards (I'm one of the rare ones who is not braindead and is appreciative of the "art" being played but never stream and get few views when I do).

Search "Nier Automata Ending E reaction" on youtube to see how fucking worthless and stupid they all are, chatting and laughing like giggling guses making jokes missing and not being emotionally respondent whatsoever to what's happening on the screen. Japanese Hololive vtubers are literally more intellectually and emotionally attuned to the media they're consuming than 99.9% of "streamers". Streamers are also overwhelmingly left leaning or centrist morons who take immediate face value "wrongthink stereotype bad" messaging as fact without reading deeper into potential intentional developer implications of why such stereotypes exist (what a shock, not unlike real world stereotypes often being earned).
>>
Do you guys think with the quality of the game/world and generally very warm reception that "Metaphor" will become the name for a new ongoing franchise from here on next to Persona and SMT?
>>
>Atlus game with strong Hieronymous Bosch influence based on Thomas More's Utopia
If I was a schizo I'd probably think Atlus was gangstalking me, this game is as if it was made exactly for me
>>
holy shit the balancing completely goes out the window as you get to fourth town/dungeon
enemies get like 6 turns and if they hit a single weakness or the enemy is a debuffer you're completely fucked
what fantastic design
>>
>>498261081
>>498262776
Stop taking streamers seriously. They likely don't even care about the games, they're trying to sell themselves.
>>
>>498261081
The whole Paripus being discriminated against because they are open and excitable feels a bit fucked up but also hits harder when you realize that there is a bit of this in Japan considering the general norm is to have a separate inward and outward feeling as opposed to wearing your heart on your sleeve
>>
>>498245431
So does Dawntrail, the latest expansion
>>
>>498262776
It's of course fine if the game shits on all of the blonde people though
>>
>>498262886
No, a world like this doesn't really feel open to a sequel unlike Persona or SMT.

Unironically, I think if we get another new IP after Persona 6 it will have action combat hybrid ala FF7 Rebirth. Still need to exploit enemy weakness, can still have a calendar and bonds, but its a larger departure than what they've done. The whole reason to make this was to make a fantasy game, I could see them wanting to challenge themselves in terms of game design
>>
File: 199997653785.jpg (234 KB, 960x822)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
Sex with Hulkenburger
>>
the gauntlet runner absolutely destroys my fps lol. especially the mission table.
>>
honoring grius by giving him a grandson
>>
>>498262956
Based looking forward to it
>>
>>498263191
She wishes her tits and ass were that big
>>
>>498256104
After doing my own testing, I can confirm that if your person is in reserve they get the exact same amount of A-XP as real members. So if you got bonds up alot of Leon/Hulk you can swap one of them out for Junah to start leveling her up without them not getting job XP too
>>
>bought from cdkeys so I can't get a refund

fml
>>
Does archetype exp ever pick up significantly? Between the requirements for advanced jobs and inheritance I feel like I'm permanently behind. What sort of archetype level should I shoot for at the 2nd dungeon sandworm one. I have nothing at level 20 or even close besides warrior, but I do want to switch Strohl off that and teach him some other shit.
>>
>>498263562
You can eventually grow those fruits, even the one that gives 1k. So you spend a day growing, then the next day harvest for 2 1k xp fruits.
>>
>>498257837
I'm never gonna swap off Mage now after getting a weapon from Gallica.
>>
>>498263562
Strohl - Warrior/Commander
Hulk - Knight/Mage
Heis - Thief/Gunner
5th - Dancer/Faker
6th - Summoner/Seeker
7th - Berserker/Brawler
>>
holy shit the combat is so fucking boring
>>
File: 1700713925459322.png (1.07 MB, 1363x524)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
Isn't this matarukaja? should I buy it?
>>
>>498263898
its just smt
>>
>>498263986
It costs 48mp IIRC so its alot
>>
Why do we call characters by their last names? Why is it Strohl and Hulkenberg instead of Leon and Eislin?
>>
>>498263218
I absolutely dread the gauntlet runner in motion
manages to tank fps a little somehow despite the huge wasteland outside being PS2 quality
this game is pure spaghetti code and you can feel it at times
>>
Does the merchant skill scale with any stat?
>>
>>498264037
Its a nobility thing, Hulk and Strohl are both nobles. We call the non nobles by their first name
>>
>>498264037
because it's a japanese game for japanese people
the races don't reprrsent irl races, they represent different japanese people
nippon banzai
just be glad the game isn't set in tokyo AGAIN and is not preaching nationalism like every SMT
>>
>FF creators swearing up and down that turn-based is dead for the past decade
>Atlus proving them wrong yet again
Yep, I'm thinking turn-BASED
>>
games too hard for me and changing jobs and shit costs way too much. im in this abandoned tomb and im getting reamed. info guy said to bring a thief or rogue or something (i think??) but no idea where you unlock that, the quest almost gave me the impression the cuckulus guy IS the one who gives me rogue. and if i wanted to swap id have to somehow grind archetype exp again anyways. what a shitty system.
>>
Can someone tell me what Royal Virtue to prioritize first?
I already got Wisdom and Tolerance to level 2
>>
>>498264392
>he did the tomb before finding the abductor
skill issue
also learn how to read
>>
>>498264392
>hard difficulty is . . LE HARD!
whoa
>>
File: 1711630162386605.png (1.48 MB, 1885x931)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
Why is this supposedly higher tier class worse than the warrior, and also inheriting skill that boosts the slash damage costs 20k wtf
>>
>>498264465
why would i NOT do that
>>
>>498264631
You eventually get a lot of MAG anyway and its a one time cost since you dont have to pay that cost for anybody else who wants to inherit that skill
>>
Is it normal to have my party wiped if the enemies get a turn or two? I'm not far in but have been buying upgrades at shops and not avoiding any fights
>>
>>498264679
>cost since you dont have to pay that cost for anybody else who wants to inherit that skill
wait what?
>>
>>498264181
But Strohl's house collapsed and Hulkenberg's doesn't even like her because she's too much of a meathead.
>>
>>498264761
The game is about wiping them before they can wipe you
>>
>>498264465
Doing the tomb first is sadly extremely efficient so it's technically correct to do that first.
>>
>>498264679
>you dont have to pay for anybody else
You do
>>
>music canonically plays in your head
Schizo sama...
>>
>>498264894
so efficient you lose on gettin a second MP-restoring accessory as well as a lot of blessed water
>>
>>498263191
Tits too big, shoulders not square enough.
>>
>>498265014
It puts you really far ahead in terms of follower levels.
>>
Eldarian lives do not matters
>>
how often do you niggas change jobs? also is merchant good? i feel if i change jobs too much i'll just end up with a bunch of them at low levels and no access to better ones later. this is too overwhemling for my retard brain
>>
How do you change outfits for your characters? Are there even alt outfits if you don't shell out for DLC?
>>
>>498265521
Outfits only work in battles/dungeons so its useless IMO
>>
File: 1702253932564.png (263 KB, 387x564)
263 KB
263 KB PNG
>>498265659
>so its useless IMO
Not if there's a bikini I can put Eupha in.
>>
>>498265478
>how often do you niggas change jobs?
I stuck with Brawler/Brawler for a long time on my Phys dudes though Knight for Synthesis is great too, Mages have more of a reason to swap between Healer and Mage depending on what you need to target. It's fine to sit on a maxed job since it converts the EXP for anyone to use at a 1:1 ratio and you'll have a good skillset + statline.
>also is merchant good?
Not great at fighting but has very strong resource generation.
>>
File: 1728826621151.png (138 KB, 303x352)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>498265006
Literally me.
>>
So there's a money grinding class, is there an XP/A-XP grinding class as well? There were XP mantras in DDS and this game seems to be developing on the mantra system quite a bit.
>>
>I can take a lot of punishment
>>
>>498265478
A lot of jobs end up requiring partially leveled or completely leveled archetypes on unrelated lines. For instance, Mage Knight requires 10 levels of mage and Gunner requires 10 levels of seeker and one of the Warrior upgrades (samurai, I think) requires 10 levels of General. So diversifying isn't bad, because you can't get to all of the high end classes by proceeding linearly.
>>
So Clemars are japanese and Eldars are brown asian living in japan?
>>
>>498266194
I saw Clemar as essentially the middle to upper class majority while Elda are the complete unknown foreigners. Theres more parallels such as Rhoags are being the old traditionalists, Roussainte being the martially/military inclined people and Ishkan being the intellectuals
>>
The game is hard as fuck. I'm on hard but still, more than I expected.
>>
>>498266069
Protagonist-kun is a slut! SLUT!
>>
>>498266574
It's pleasantly challenging for me so far, only one roadblock at Zorba and smooth sailing from there, about to head into the ship around level 28.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (289 KB, 1920x1080)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
Holy fucking shit that's one disturbingly ugly mofo (ch1)
>>
>>498265014
Does Blessed Water even matter?
>>
>>498267039
Very much so, its how you purify gear
>>
>>498224829
any cute shotas?
>>
>>498266574
Its not hard you must be bad i was very disappointed at how low hp bosses have compared to other atlus games
>>
>>498267249
I mean I've had more than enough to purify everything I have without bothering with stealing, but maybe I should start, I do only have 2.
>>
Is it just me or is the audio mixing in this game pretty shit? Shit is constantly too loud or too quite.
>>
The last party members awakening scene is so good I'm surprised the hacks at Atlus wrote it. Maybe I kneel after all
>>
File: human.png (360 KB, 368x437)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
Hieronymus Bosch, "The Garden of Earthly Delights"
Seem familiar?
>>
where is illegal pirate version + crack
>>
I can't beat Minotaur
>>
File: GJbfOn2XAAAp-ap.jpg (209 KB, 526x1280)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>498268342
>>
File: AA.jpg (239 KB, 998x902)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
>>498268342
>>
Where is the garden on the Gauntlet Runner anyway? I must be blind
>>
>>498268451
I wish I could go back in time and show this to Bosch
>>
>in a level 40 dungeon
>merchant kills give me nearly 600 per
Shit is beyond busted, even if it was like a 10% chance once you find those crystals that infinitely respawn enemies you can just farm.
>>
Every retard who was worried Basilio would feel underdeveloped like Haru because he joins late is a leather munching retard. This fag is so charming
>>
So the game is basically setting up you becoming ruler of the whole continent right? I'll be disappointed if that's not how the game ends.
>>
It takes way too fucking long to get the fourth party member, holy shit
For a while I was scared I was gonna have another dogshit DDS-style party layout of Damage/Healer/(De)buff
>>
>>498225338
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
AM I SUPPOSED TO COMB THE GAYASS TOWN EVERY DAY FOR STUFF THAT DOESN'T SHOW UP ON THE MINIMAPS?
>>
How scarce is blessed water? I ran out somehow.
>>
>Human bad
>>
>>498269597
Can't be. I'm human and I'm good so human must be good.
>>
File: GZxij2JawAACse_.jpg (461 KB, 1920x1080)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>
>>498269307
I have like 15 of them. Use Steal.
>>
>>498269764
Roughly when do I get a thief without outright spoiling it. Before or after the giant worm dungeon?
>>
File: bruhflff.jpg (92 KB, 750x703)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>MC witnesses live executions, murder, child murder and fights demons
>BUT GOD FORBID ANYONE EVEN SUGGESTS HE DRINKS AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE

what the fuck is this retarded translation, the main character doesnt even look underage, he looks around late teens to early 20s, why are the translators so fixated on him not drinking alcohol. Please let me know if this "oh its just water in this sake cup" shit is in the original script or is some retarded addition by some prude doing translations
>>
>>498269823
right after giant worm
>>
>stole from multiple orgas in that tower
>purify it
>free tarukaja for whole parrty on battle start

oh cool so now random battles are even more easier, enemies really need more hp/ stun is too powerful
>>
File: file.png (123 KB, 341x442)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
HOLY shit.
>>
>>498269838
its the same in the original script you mongoloid
>>
>>498269861
Right, thanks. I guess it's smart to save the tomb dungeon for after too then going by the information I bought. Pretty fun game.
>>
if you hit one of the endless red crystal spawners by mistake, then teleport back via item to entrance, it heals them back to 100%
>>
>>498269838
it's not even witnessing
he canonically kills a number of armed guards
>>
>>498269938
Did it beat silent hill?
>>
>>498269838
MC is canonically 18
>>
>>498269940
then its just shit writing, like bat bro feeling pity for the duchess child killer and not putting his sword through her head right after the boss battle. Just give the main character some fucking mead after killing another 15ft demon
>>
>>498270143
wow youre just an actual retard huh. like actually a nigga who doesnt even read the subtext huh
>>
File: 1716684677103811.webm (4 KB, 90x50)
4 KB
4 KB WEBM
>>498269838
>muh prudes
Holy faggot crying over non issues.
>>
>>498269929
how much damage boost it x1 attack buff in this game
>>
>>498269938
Just keeps going up huh. Although Ill be surprised if it breaks 6 digits. This is as far as it goes I feel
>>
>>498270143
Maybe he doesn't like to drink. Are you genuinely retarded? Why are you getting so hung up on such a stupid thing?
>>
>>498270132
then why the fuck do they refuse to let the fucker drink and always talk about giving him water specifically when others are drinking spirits.
>>
File: 1541294598439.png (92 KB, 240x240)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>498268439
>>
>>498270267
he never gets given a chance, every time they take away the drink and specifically tell the MC they poured him a water instead of alcohol, its offensive at that point, let the Elda drink
>>
File: Vegeta-dans-la-pluie.gif (1.93 MB, 1200x898)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB GIF
>>498269938
Nooooooo, now we're never getting another Etrian Odyssey...
>>
>>498270270
because hes the youngest out of all of them? strohl is 3 years older, hulkenberg was an adult in the army when he was 12, dont even get me started on heismay or grius. the only other party member whos maybe around his age is Eupha
>>
File: 567h.png (95 KB, 734x335)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>498270113
bloober didnt even deserve over 10k players for this dogshit remake
>>
>>498270492
>I don't get to use the same exact skill for 20 hours
the horror
>>
Are there certain priorities you should assign to certain daytime activities? Or can you do whatever and still not miss out on anything?
>>
>>498269838
muh nipponese culture they'd get a higher CERO rating if they showed "underage" drinking
>>
>>498270520
still retarded he's not a little kid, seems more like bowing to some stupid teen game age rating alcohol laws
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1011 KB, 1262x573)
1011 KB
1011 KB PNG
>>498270492
I wouldn't be so sure, anon...
>>
>>498270687
funny you have blood spurting out of open wounds, executions on the street and people being eaten alive but cant show an 18 year old fantasy creature drinking some ale
>>
Inclement weather basically disabling the press turn system for you is so fucking stupid
>>
>>498270890
should have paid the weather girl retard
>>
>>498270860
Anon I know you're retarded but the logic is very easy to understand. Seeing a public execution doesn't make someone want to publicly execute someone but seeing drinking depicted could indeed make someone want to drink. It's about the degrees of separation from reality.
>>
>>498270562
lmao thats kinda sad
SH remake will win all the awards over Metaphor because “muh graphics” and “muh dark and disturbing (lol) realism” and also “ew, anime game? gross cant have that one win”
>>
>>498270890
You get more xp doughever
>>
>>498270991
You gotta deal with it in the giant sandworm cave since it's when the game first introduces it,
>>
>>498271051
Fuck you, I was addicted to executing people once and you're being very insensitive.
>>
Do I have to pay for inheritance for every single job? So if I inherit Bolt on my healer, I would have to pay for it again if I want to inherit it on warrior? (On the same character)
>>
>>498271474
No, once you buy it, it's unlocked forever
>>
>dungeon east of Grand Trad that is mid 40s
>single goblin caster is alive after taking out 2 cyclops
>using his 2 turns he just AOE fires, weakness hit, and AOE blizzard, weakness hit and just instantly uses all 4 of his attacks to kill my party in one go
Jesus christ you really cannot let enemies get even a single turn.
>>
>rat people are chinese
what did atlus mean by this
>>
>>498271581
You are what you eat
>>
File: 1672269259347770.jpg (3 KB, 112x125)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 Golden are some of my favorite games ever.

I did not like Persona 5 or Royal.
The characters, music, and plot were all worse. The "puzzles" in the dungeons were somehow more tedious than the randomized layouts of 3 and 4. The rebellion theme sucked compared to the themes of Death and Truth.

Where will I land on Metaphor?
>>
Do you ever get more archetype exp in this game jesus. Switching a lot feels like it punishes you badly.
>>
>>498271732
It's definitely not as casualized as P5 was.
>>
File: file.png (3.82 MB, 2040x1153)
3.82 MB
3.82 MB PNG
holy batman the enemies in this dungeon is pure cancer
>>
why do I sometimes sprint sometimes not?
>>
Why does this nigga mc look like P3 MC
>>
>>498271890
I'm having flashbacks knocking them to 20% health then the first thing they do is soul scream into murdering my part. The skelly dude is especially bad because he can spam megidolaon the ultimate fuck you button.
>>
>>498271732
This is my favorite Atlus game tied with SMT IV and EO5 right now
>>
>>498271998
You see...Door-kun and Aigis loved each other very much...
>>
World of STR or Magic for MC? There seems to be a lot of Phys party members.
>>
>>498272150
LUC
>>
>>498271732
Overall theme and atmosphere are nothing like persona, it's a more traditional jrpg story where you control a young swordman to beat the evil military general while saving towns on the way.
Social gameplay and exploration are lifted off P5 but that's it.
>>
File: 1000109888.webm (276 KB, 348x468)
276 KB
276 KB WEBM
>>
Luck build is a meme
>>
>>498272119
>MC has a slightly darker skin tone than his father because he was born from a toaster
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW
>>
>>498272402
>Luck build is a dream
Fixed
>>
>>498246341
Pretty sure you can just outright buy them as items and some equipment has that on
>>
File: lmao.png (2.44 MB, 1920x1080)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
>>498269654
>DUDE FOOD LMAO
>>
>fallen party members don't receive exp
I think this game SUCKS
>>
>>498254413
I didn’t even know there was a weapon with hit that low
>>
This teen rated game has a lot more child murder than I was expecting. The entire chapter with Heismay is basically child murder themed.
>>
>>498225934
persona if he ff5 jobs and cross skills. I'm still ???early??? in the demo though so I don't have much to add to conversation. You can do kingly shit during the day that's your persona stuff, and then the archetypes are jobs with job skills you can cross cover other jobs with. I love that shit. It's FF5 style get AP get skills unlocked max out jobs give other skills to other jobs. Combo jobs from leveling certain jobs. Love it. Collectors edition arrived yesterday and I'm trying to beat the ???first??? story dungeon I think.
>>
>cleared that manticore/lion thingy
>cleared the minotaur
>level up relations
Do more quests pop up as time passes?
Right now the only things I have left is raise the kingly stats.
>>
File: amaekoromo-7.png (82 KB, 240x240)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>498270492
>all future games are just teacher fucking simulator with a monster killing minigame
I just wanna draw maps .........
>>
File: 1707227203874.jpg (200 KB, 1047x1137)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
Why didn't Grius give her a kid of her own?
>>
>>498273432
Built for shota protagonists
>>
The Japanese voice cast is so damn good
>>
>>498271848
>>498272116
>>498272250
Cool, thanks. I /want/ to like it but am just apprehensive after being so disappointed when I hyped 5 so hard for years. I'm not saying 5 is bad or anything, it's fine in a vacuum but 3 and 4 just spoke to me while 5 bored me.
Hopefully being its own thing will differentiate itself enough in my mind to allow myself to enjoy it without comparing them too hard.
>>
Are rare items sales (the one with green text) affected by bargain day?
>>
>>498273545
Honestly I'd say to me Metaphor feels closer to SMTVV than it does Persona 5.
>>
>>498273542
I usually do the English dub for my first run, but I was surprised since this time it was LITERALLY English. Like, it feels like I'm playing Xenoblade with all of the Welch, Scottish and English voices.
>>
Multiple plot twists just unfolded in front of me in like 10 minutes.....
>>
Is Metaphor as long as P5? I'm worried I'm going through it too fast...
>>
>>498273992
It's unironically longer
>>
>>498273545
>3 and 4 just spoke to me while 5 bored me
I had opposite experience desu. I think it's a lot to do with your expectation and maybe personal experience too. 5 was my first and the story was really relatable personally, raising my expectation for 3 and 4 but the expectation was just too high for them to deliver.
>>
File: 1714782923792851.jpg (29 KB, 640x524)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>498258874
>>498270237
>>
>>498274308
It's weird how 3 was the one I constantly saw people raving about but ended up being by far my least favourite. 4 is probably the one I liked most. Reminded me of Jojo part 4.
>>
PERIL
>>
>>498274039
>Follower Rank only goes to 8
>You don't need to farm social link points any more, every time you spend with your companions you get a rank up
I feel like they'd only do stuff like this if they were intentionally trying to trim the social sim elements to fit the length of the game.
>>
How many main dungeons are there? Are they all fairly lengthy? Average playtime?
>>
AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEE WHAT DO I BUILD THE MC FOR
>>
File: 1728542062702998.png (752 KB, 788x563)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
>he's having a MP problem
couldn't be me
>>
>>498271051
>Seeing a public execution doesn't make someone want to publicly execute someone
Speak for yourself, I'm literally Charles-Henri Sanson.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (329 KB, 1920x1080)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
So, how many more Ls is this angry pointy eared guy gonna catch after that showing in ch2?
>>
>>498274673
PLEASE FUCKING TELL ME
>>
>>498274861
He gets raped
>>
>>498274794
Build for Magic/Hybrid. The Mage Archetype is free MP via overworld fights, and neither Strohl nor Hulkenberg are amazing casters with their stat growths.
>>
>tarunda consum costs like 100 per in 3rd city
>sukunda costs 500 per in 2nd city

weird, also faker sucks when you can just buy consumes
>>
Louis' galaxy brain plan was a little too unbelievable I think...... Things just worked out for him at every steps.
>>
>>498273432
>>498273483
She looks like she'll absolutely destroy shotas in bed
>>
>>498274979
Brochama it's a 100 hour JRPG. I doubt anyone here has finished the game yet to know the answer to your question.
>>
>>498270562
stfu. sh 2 remake is great. just finished it befor etsarting metaphor
>>
>>498274619
The social gameplay is now only a part of the game instead of revolving around it.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (364 KB, 1920x1080)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
What a tempting option...
>>
>>498275079
So MAG/AGI/END? Need any LUC?
>>
time marches on, and the age of a new thread draws nearer...
>>
>to get the final archetype in Gunner you need to
>get 20 in knight, 10 in mage, 10 in magic knight, 20 in gunner, 20 in sniper
Jesus christ the endless grind
>>
so, does an archetype influence what stats get leveled up when you do?
>>
>>498276064
oh and 10 in seeker for the sniper unlock

Then you got Brawler which is just a straight line of the same tree
>>
File: hashino-sama.jpg (29 KB, 739x415)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
How does he keep carrying a company by himself?
>>
>>498276064
I dont know if anybody is already in the endgame but I do hope we get a convenient place to grind at some point...
>>
>>498275682
Honestly, you can ignore AGI and LUC. I'm not missing attacks, I just usually go last or second to last in my team's order. And since magic doesn't crit and statuses are mostly lame I'd ignore luck. But with strength you can take Commander and General which are magically oriented STR classes with great buffs.
>>
Kind of a noob question, but does this game want you to fight every ennemies ? I always fight every ennemies when I play a JRPG, but in this game I'm currently in the Cathedral and they drain out your MP so fast that I don't feel like I should do that. That and the fact that some of the strongers ennemeis (eyeball thing and gargoyl) give you shit exp and are immune to physical damage, so you need to cast to kill.
>>
>>498276064
literally all i need. you cant even properly farm since theres only like 2 high rank monsters per dungeon and the low rank ones get obsolete once you kill a few. i'm tired of going to akademeia and back to get the one chimera to respawn so i can get some proper fucking exp.
>>
>story says MC has a destiny of a king
>allies are described as followers implying a subordinate relationship
Is this not kind of a spoiler that the prince is going to die at some point cause how do you become kind when the rightful ruler is still around?
>>
>>498244568
2D Fieldbros...
>>
>>498243407
Hulkencute
>>
>>498276985
no one knows that and it doesn't have to become public that the prince is still alive
>>
Magic Recovery is broken. It's too strong and makes resource management and MP conservation completely pointless.
It's a bit depressing

>just don't use it
no. I'll abuse it and hate the game for it.
>>
>>498276962
nah don't fight anything
>>
Is this one of those video games where you have to move around and stuff? I like visual novels.
>>
Heismay's social link should have an option to call him father...I just want him to be happy
>>
>>498276985
The whole MC will be king thing feels really weird. Like the game keeps saying it and enforcing the idea out of the context of the story but in the story it's never brought up or referenced so it kind of feels like the game is getting ahead of itself. I feel like it would have made more sense to keep all the hints hidden until later and only when it's actually relevant to the story bring up the references to MC becoming king.
>>
what's the point of endurance? do I even pump stats into it?

Also, this game seems like it's better be pure offense for combat. Magic doesn't increase healing and seems weak other than hitting weakness.

feels like it's better to just go 2x War arch and stack atk with 1 dodge tank.
>>
Holy fuck the Guptauros doesn<t mess around. Even at level 20 it,s over the second you either miss or he crits.
>>
>>498278164
Upgrade your weapons, everything scales with it.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (710 KB, 2560x1440)
710 KB
710 KB JPG
What the fuck is this translation, like what the fuck is More talking about "killed"?
Is this supposed to be a metaphorical death?
>>
I've been dumping all my points in MAG. Is there a soft cap I should be aiming for where equipment and the stat improving items will carry it to 99?
>>
>>498278240
that's how basically the entire game is on hard as you hit the fourth town/dungeon
>>
>>498278428
You're a retard. Stop playing like this is SMT.
>>
I hope this game has a NG+ mode like SMTVV where the stat cap gets upped to 199. It seems too easy to get to 99 normally.
>>
>>498277865
yes...
>>
Trickster might be the only job that looks good no matter who's using it. The colour spread is very nice on it.
>>
>>498276969
might as well just turn on the one hit kill cheat then, I mean to each their own I guess
>>
>>498278602
looks like this isn't the game for me. Thank you
>>
>dungeon top right of the dragon temple on an island
>enemies are mid 30s
What the fuck I am 41
>>
File: MRF_Portrait_Gallica.png (731 KB, 1280x1165)
731 KB
731 KB PNG
Reminder that if you don't take a shit every Friday for the free +1 permanent luck, your save is bricked.
>>
>>498278626
how is one shotting everything the same as reducing the gay grind? use your brain next time.
>>
>>498279054
Isn't it rainy days rather than Friday?
>>
>>498278626
But you can already one hit kill enemies...
>>
>>498279131
Mayhaps. I just got it on Friday so I assumed it was that.
>>
so much grinding for skills.

I really wish you had 4 members in your party instead of only 3.

Feels so limited
>>
>>498278515
I never played any Atlus games.
>>
Don't bother cooking on the runner before you unlock rank 4 Maria.
>>
File: 20241013181400_1.jpg (1.33 MB, 3840x2160)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
k-kowai...
>>
>>498279314
How about you play the game?
>>
>>498279092
>how is one shotting everything the same as reducing the gay grind?
they're both cheating
>>
>>498279647
I do what I want thanks babe.
>>
File: 4564856.jpg (31 KB, 628x462)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>this dungeon is super duper hard, make sure to get stronger by doing bounties and quests before you tackle it!
>the side dungeons are way harder
What did fatlus mean by this.
>>
>Luck MC
>Str/Mag/Agi/End on level up
>Take a shit on days divisible by 5 for the free luck
Yep, I think I've got it.
>>
>>498279131
>>498279054
Its Idlesday, whichever that falls under. Not weather.
>>
>>498279054
You think they would put stuff like that in your face
>>
is there any amount of choices matter in this game? like routes or just in the way the mc develops relationships with npcs
>>
>>498280413
Yes.
>>
>>498280075
I think the have to beat them in three turns is fucking horrible
>>
File: Spoiler Image (303 KB, 1920x1080)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>498244560
Cheesed it.
>>
>>498279838
one merely reduces the time you have to inevitably waste, one breaks the game. again, use your brain.
>>
Just how many story chapters are there? I am at the 2nd city after Grand Trad, around 20 hours in according to Steam stats, but it feels like plot is picking up very quick
>>
File: 1701940853583001.png (238 KB, 651x582)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>498280163
It's so over for me. I didn't start taking shits until end of Ch2...
>>
Do quests show up on the map? Can I just pull it up and look at all the subareas to see if there is a quest in town?
>>
File: 1728113648371551.jpg (784 KB, 2560x1440)
784 KB
784 KB JPG
I was on the fence about having a fully voiced protagonist, but if they keep up this level of SOVL with an above average seiyuu, then it will keep being kino.
>>
>>498278348
Pretty sure he's dead and in some weird limbo prison.
>>
>>498280962
Yes, make sure to check and take them all
>>
I heard there is a mausoleum quest that must be taken before going there. Where is it? Something about killing skellingtons.
>>
>>498281038
I wasn't. There hasn't been a single case where I didn't think a voiced MC would be better. Completely takes me out of the scene when people just talk and MC just stands there like a lemon and then they still act like MC is charismatic.
>>
File: 1714504065217319.jpg (686 KB, 2560x1440)
686 KB
686 KB JPG
>>498281038
Me? Nothin...just dorkin around, with Dorkenberg!
>>
>>498280605
>not waiting for the inevitable mitama DLC
ngmi
>>
How often do you niggas change jobs? I feel it's so punishing with only 3 party members. I've only swapped the MC and Hulkenberg for a little bit in the first dungeon. Strohl is on his 2nd advanced job but I'd much rather fuck around with gunner or merchant or something.
>>
>>498281443
JRPG? Needs a voice. WRPG? Get that shit outta here. Shrimple as.
>>
File: 1699199991346716.png (300 KB, 640x480)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>498266732
Its boss fight posture reminds me of DQ sprites
>>
>>498281423
Its later, you finish the cathedral main story and later a side quests takes you back into there in locked doors you couldn't access beforehand. You get 2 quests I think to go back in there, one for skeletons and the other for a boss
>>
>>498281423
You cant miss it, the guy is literally at the entrance
>>
>>498281483
that literally ruins the game by replacing normal enemies though
>>
>this fucking goblin tower full of 3000 hp ogres and king mimics
Yeah this was a mistake.
>>
>>498231313
how tf do you get steal? which job er archetype?
>>
>>498266732
those eyes are SEXO though
>>
>>498282081
thief, you unlock it during the story
>>
>>498281526
I've basically kept Strohl and Hulkenberg as warrior and knight, while giving them some low investment skills to switch around for coverage like fire/ice/hama/medi/sleep shot/punch
>>
>>498282214
I made a mistake of trying to bruteforce it earlier when you are supposed to avoid it and I ended up just wasting a bunch of resources for so little
>>
Is it worth it to waste time raising MP and HP in the runner? t2y8p
>>
We need a doujin of Pedro and Prince having sloppy twink sex asap
>>
Is Regicide doable first playthru?
Or should I stick to Hard? Or Normal?
Is Normal too easy?
>>
>>498282393
The captcha does not go there.
>>
>>498282507
You can't pick regicide
>>
>>498282507
it's pretty challenging, it's no persona
don't let the restart battle button fool you
>>
>>498282604
You can't?
Then should I just do Hard?
>>
>>498282507
Hard. Normal mode is easier than P5R.
>>
File: 1705920576448088.png (1.7 MB, 2559x1439)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>498282675
>easy modu?
>>
>>498282675
hard is difficult enough especially as you reach midgame
>>
>>498282764 thread
>>
>>498266732
This nigga is one of the most horrifying things I've seen in a while "horror" games should take notes.
There's something about those eyes I really can't stand.
>>
>>498264446
Imagination
>>
>>498268342
Kinography
>>
>>498282761
>Eupha laughs
>She's still looking at me while she does it
>>
>this whole worm scene
>the fucking fart sound
>>
File: Spoiler Image (827 KB, 2560x1440)
827 KB
827 KB JPG
ARCHETYPE SEXOOOOOOOO
>>
>>498277608
If it makes you feel any better, I don't need MP conservation to begin with using Brawler stuff as my main DPS.
>>
Is there any place or way to farm blessed water for purification?
>>
Is there a point to doing redgrass bidou over helping if you don't need the consumable?
>>
>>498287061
just have to steal it off the greater mimic enemies, you can steal one and get a chance for them to drop one too. get a few levels of merchant on everyone and inherit the skill that increases drop chance
>>
how do you change the battle theme with the dlc packs? also are there photos of all the costumes?
>>
>>498289282
Is there any place with respawning mimics though?

>>498293561

Main character's outfit sets t he bgm. There's a youtube video of them.
>>
>300 reeves per skeleton that spawns endlessly

Oh yeah, I'm getting RICH
>>
>>498289136
I think you need to do that one to get the quest for the guy who wants to work in restaurants or whatever

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.