[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708065624724431.png (308 KB, 600x511)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
A thread to discuss (the absolute state of) Space Station 13 (SS13)
Space Station 13 is a round-based, multiplayer role-playing game set on a chaotic metal deathtrap masquerading as a space station. Do your job and try to survive, or get picked to be an antagonist and sabotage the crew!

Played on the BYOND Engine, install it to play - http://www.byond.com/
SS13 Hub servers: https://www.byond.com/games/Exadv1/SpaceStation13
/tg/station website: https://tgstation13.org/
/vg/station website: https://ss13.moe/
>>
3 years away from my 10 year anniversary of getting permabanned from /tg/ at exactly 1000 games played
>>
>>1288080
What'd you get banned for?
>>
>>1288087
being a shitter griefng greytider retard which is the only way to have fun on ss13
assistant on boxstation? excuse me captain i understand the round just started but ive already broken in and stolen the keycard
ahhhh those were the days.....
>>
>>1288094
I thought /tg/station was mostly tolerant of that kind of shit, that basically describes half the playerbase on Sybil before it became a deadpop server.
>>
>>1288095
nah from what ive kept up with its basically a medium rp server now you're not allowed to "break character" at all anymore
>>
SS13 is dead.
Not even SS14 can save this dead game.
>>
>>1288010
>>1288080
>>1288095
>/tg/station
there is no /tg/ station
there is only TGstation
>whats the difference?
the one that exists doesnt want to associate with 4chan, and only has the letters T and G as a legacy thing
therefore it doesnt want to associate with 4chan values
>>
>>1288304
the TG stands for transgender
>>
>>1288094
>being a shitter griefng greytider retard which is the only way to have fun on ss13
if everyone is a greytider then there's nobody to grief
doesnt seem that fun to be honest

why is any amount of roleplay or a light case of the whodunits not fun for you?
>>
>>1288305
also true, i'll remember it for next time i need to remind someone of the late /tg/'s corpse being reanimated by flesh manipulators
>>
>>1288306
i like "roleplay" i dont coffeetalk bar RP
if my first natural instinct is to try and jerryrig a pipe bomb in the maint tunnels and security decides to amputate all my limbs and put me on display in the main hall only for me to convince a borg to let me free and drag me to the cyberneticist (clueless) so i can get new limbs and continue my reign of terror by growing botanical weapons of war out of hydroponics bay i found in the dumpster, that's roleplay
"roleplay" isnt coming up with some faggy OC and 'socializing" like you're writing furry fanfiction where the most interesting plot event is spilling hot coffee on a department head so he docks your pay
this game is a mechanical emergent sandbox and rpfags/furries ruined it
>>
>>1288385
Everything you are saying is 100% correct but you also sound like an underaged insufferable edgelord faggot
>>
>>1288481
thats why i got banned lmfao
>>
>>1288304
>4chan values
What, they didn't like the jokes and slurs from here? Do they prefer the upvotes and walls of texts from reddit, or even the image spam and constant e-drama from discord?

>>1288305
Now that makes sense. They could've just said they were from /lgbt/ but it just seems like they were too scared of losing their user base after a drastic rebranding.
>>
>>1288803
>Do they prefer the upvotes and walls of texts from reddit, or even the image spam and constant e-drama from discord?
Unironically yes. The fate of /tg/station is an excellent case study in why you should never allow transgenders in your community.
>>
>>1288803
They're no longer the same people who founded the server. Most of them didn't come from 4chan.
Same thing as with goon which also doesn't really associate with SA any longer.
>>
>>1288803
>or even the image spam and constant e-drama from discord?
That's pretty much all TGstation is these days, several notable players were banned as a result of e-drama which even bleeds itself into the github, and discordfaggotry has permeated nearly the whole community surrounding the tg servers.
Ironically, the actual game itself, while being fucked from trannymins and years of shitty PRs seems to be mostly absent from discordfaggotry except for when the admins are on.
It's almost like the people who actually play the game don't give a shit about drama.
>>
>>1288163
everyone who plays ss14 are either third worlders or insane discord trannies. the old community will never return to the game. it is unironically over for both games
>>
barotrauma is the only good thing that came out of ss13
everything else crashed and burned to the ground including ss13 itself
>>
File: 1687222125699570.jpg (191 KB, 801x823)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>vtumors discovered ss13
Trannies killed this game and now vtumor fans will mutilate its corpse.
>>
>>1289288
vtrannies found the game in 2016 when mandalore did a vid and then again in 2018 when sseth did a vid
>>
>>1288931
Same thing happened with Bay, IIRC. I think there was nobody from Bay 12 by the end.
>>
>>1289129
>the old community will never return to the game

"The old community" are the trannies that have ruined the game. Everyone that didn't go crazy from being terminally online got a life.
>>
>>1288163
SS14 is releasing from play test in a couple months and consistently has maxed out servers. It's unironically saving the game by bringing in young blood that aren't middle aged adults corrupted by 15 years of chatroom mental illness immersion.
>>
File: 1693748464711169.jpg (71 KB, 710x960)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
There's been talk on some servers about trying to get new players and a new audiences, but does SS13 really need that? Sure, the player count has been dropping, how how many of these new players are going to have a net positive impact? Keep in mind they're likely going to be a full decade younger than the player base from the golden age of SS13.
I think some of the old players who left would return if there was a server that wasn't filled with nu-SS13 bullshit codebases, rules, players, and admins. /vg/ is the closest there is but it's not perfect.
At the moment nothing has seemed to come from that one vtuber who streamed on TGstation, thankfully, because vtrannies are cancer who would only make the game even worse. I commemorate those Terry players who ate bans to grief the vtuber and spam her with nigger. I hope one day they get unbanned and the TG administration team properly thanks them for their service, and doing the job they wouldn't do.
>>
>>1293118
>I commemorate those Terry players who ate bans to grief the vtuber and spam her with nigger
Is there a video of it?
>>
File: 1699764855366017.png (80 KB, 839x927)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>1293178
her stream has some of the moments recorded, the vtuber's name in question is Jelly Hoshisomething
Here's the TGstation public bans for the incident, it's only the permas, maybe more were banned temporary. Individual round logs should also have some more information, her CKEY was J3L if you want to look it up
>>
>>1293481
Thx anon.
>>
File: ss13.jpg (112 KB, 674x1120)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
As someone who hasn't played SS13 in a decade, what the fuck has it turned into? This used to be the game I'd go on and dick around on and watch the mayhem, casually RP on, the game full of shitposting shenanigans.
>>
>>1293655
It's a reddit/discord game at this point. For SS13 and even more so for SS14.
>>
TGstation was hosting 2019 code on one of their servers earlier, was pretty fun
>>
>>1293988
update: they are still hosting the 2019 codebase, just switched to a different tg server
>>
>>1293481
>it was yesterday
woa.....
>>
>>1293118
Bring back Hippiestation
>>
>>1293481
>/vg/
>streaming gets you banned
>TG
>touch the streamer in any way, permabanned
>>
>>1293118
the only new players who'd join consistently are trannies and anyone adjacent to them. I really can't see the pixel rp game appealing to anyone else.
What would an ideal new player even be? A guy like me drops onto yogs like every other month just to get btfo by regulars, I can't imagine anyone else interested in that.
>>
>>1297852
trannies don't play the game, they sit in discord bootlicking the elder tranny admins because they get some sort of satisfaction from being in authority positions or just being close to them, give it a year or two and they become ""coders"" whose contribution are in the form of meaningless PRs which don't actually affect the game itself but are rather just made as a way to garner attention among the community or stroke their ego in front of players who simply play the game
They all hangout on RPservers because they are too whiny and unrobust for lowrp, RP allows them emote their way into killing some guy or powergame as sec, if something negative happens to them they start ahelping completely random shit to get the buttbuddy points
You will then find them in discord again because they are suffering from a "burnout" apparently
>>
>>1293118
Dunno about net positive impact but I can be considered a new guy?? since I only found out about the game during lockdown
For me I only liked this game because of the whole atmosphere of everything can happen and will happen, no other game lets me maintain a supermatter engine or a singularity and provides the freedom to blow the whole shit apart, all the little mechanics like surgery, qm market, atmospheric interactions, actual power generating engines, making drugs from raw chemicals, mining, xenomorphs, pathogens, botany, cooking, ttv bombs, energy swords, stun weaponry, futuristic laser weaponry, traitors, nuclear operatives, blobs, space wizards etc etc and multiplayer too??? all this shit hit me like crack and I liked playing it and it would still be me favorite game
Call me a zoomer or whatever but if the golden age consisted of 2-3 hours long rounds full of NEET jobbies rping their video game job, then I don't think I would have liked this game very much either
I simply can't afford to play rounds which go on forever with nothing happening and an admin above my head looking to ban me for rp break, I have a life outside the little spess game too and the lowrp chaos simulator is the only way I can now enjoy this game
>>
>>1288163
SS14 might have had a chance if they stopped fucking around for years and added basic shit like genetics and station AI
>>
>>1300061
>station AI
They still don't have that? Malf AI is one of the best antag, alongside abductors and xenos.
>>
>>1300061
Would you say it's easier for a newbie to just play ss14 and gradually learn new shit as they add it or just rawdog it in ss13? Asking for a friend
>>
>>1301147
SS13 isn't that bad. Just start as a janny
>>
>>1301147
rawdog ss13 as an assistant or janitor or chef or something. If it is for a friend maybe join with them and looc them how to do shit.
it also helps show whether they'll actually like ss13. I tried to get a friend into ss13 and all he did was type emoticons very slowly like it was a chatroom. It didnt stick with him
>>
>>1301147
Things work in a different way on SS14 so if you start there you'll have to relearn a whole bunch of shit when you go SS13.
If you plan to play 13 just play that.
That said playing 14 isn't necessarily wrong or a bad experience, per se, if you're ok with missing out on some of 13's complexity.
>>
>>1301341
ss13 in cargo with friends is the best experience. Stealing all the stuff to build forts in the storage rooms and LARP as a new kingdom
>>
File: 1631533597046.png (185 KB, 352x315)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>1300061
>Surgery "soon" for a fucking year now
>Don't worry though, we still have time to make sure borgs can't generate racist laws.
>>
File: arachnid ss14.png (651 KB, 1220x627)
651 KB
651 KB PNG
>>1302256
>>Don't worry though, we still have time to make sure borgs can't generate racist laws.
is it against IRL racism or specism too? Specism should be completely normal in ss14 especially against the arachnid and slime races.
I'd imagine a mix between spiders and humans to be terrifying for any normal human, and slimes that can transform between humanoid and slime balls full of unknown fluid running around you would be disconcerting to say the least. Then there's the plant people that would grow branches from inside their uniforms and be a general annoyance due to their need to hydrate every half an hour. Lastly the moths and lizards are the same as ss13's, the lizards eat raw organs and speak weirdly, and the moths eat their own uniforms and are humanoid insects with weird faces.
I honestly cannot see how specism would NOT exist in space with such races around. It makes no fucking sense from that standpoint, and can only be explained by the modern day political view of racism which has little to do with specism.
>>
>>1302466
specism makes complete sense sense, so much so that it was originally in most ss13 branches (i.e nonhumans can't be heads).
It's been altogether removed for fears of parallels to irl racism. Saying ligger is an autoban on most servers.
>>
>>1302466
It removed malf laws like
>Only Slimes are Cremembers
>All Lizards must be detained for 1000 years
and the like.
On Wizden, pretty much any reference to species that isn't for purely mechanical purposes is running the risk of a ban.
>>
>>1303140
What about on the russian servers? Do they allow racism and specism or are they also moderated by redditors?
>>
>>1288010
They brought back Roguetown and it's better in some places than OG Roguetown.
>>
what's the point of having "job content" in my combat simulator/bar rp game
>>
>>1308817
sorry but the job content guys are in charge and they're more interested in adding 30 extra layers of bloat to engineering, medical and chef instead of changing up the combat meta
>>
it's not rocket science guys, c*ders just love tedium and hate fun, it's that simple
and m*ds are fags/troons but that's another problem altogether
>>
>>1309272
my post was sarcastic, if you unironically play ss13 for pvp or bar rp then you're a retarded faggot
if you want player combat there are better games designed around that. byond is too clunky for it
if you want bar rp just play vr chat or some other tranny game
and engineering has become less "bloated" over the years, most servers have removed various power generation methods leaving only the supermatter as the main one.
everyone who plays ss13 as a combat or roleplaying game is indisputably a retard who just can't actually interface with the mechanics
there's so much depth and complexity in ss13 that never gets utilized because combatfags just want to left click until horizontal and rpfags want you to spend 40 minutes having a boring ass conversation with them about their snowflake static and the shuttle gets called 45 minutes in because half the station is dead with no doctors who actually want to revive people
>>
>>1310111
>combatfags
Those are the ones that create the chaos, without them the game would be way less fun. You very well know what happens when the antags are forced to be stealthy and only kill their targets then stop being antags: nothing happens on the station and it's just round #6412135 that felt like a greenshift. The most fun I've ever had while playing ss13 was when shit hit the fan and I was desperately surviving against the odds. rpers can't make me feel that, jobbies can help a bit, but combatfags cause it when they are allowed to be free.
And sure, not every round needs the thrill of survival, it's also chill to relax and enjoy working and helping others, if the work isn't insanely tedious or the the rpers aren't in cliques, ignoring the rest of the crew.
The game isn't only a pvp, rp, or job game, it's an interactive space station simulator with chaotic situations. Going to far in any category leads to focused servers like CM, HRP servers, or modern TG which are not the classic experience that was simple yet fun.
>>
>>1310111
>if you want player combat there are better games designed around that
Yeah, like Space Station 14 for example.
>>
honk
>>
>>1289307
yet somehow didn't get the memo that it isn't a PC friendly game and shit it up anyway..
>>
>>1314661
ASS BLAST USA
>>
>SS13 runs like shit on linux
>SS14 runs natively
>try it on one of the MRP servers
>it's fun as fuck relearning the mechanics, goofing around and making new friends
>on one lowpop shift, joined in as of the two only engineers, none of us knew what to do, so we goofed around with power and atmos and accidentally baked off half the station
>"Holy shit I can see this sucking my whole year! This is too fun!"
>play as chef, most of the complexity is gone and you just follow preset recipes
>play as botanist, it's barebones and doesn't even have a plant analyzer
>play medic, no surgery
>doesn't even have my favorite role, viro

So close... yet so far...
>>
>>1324040
>project is 7 years old
>most successful remake effort in history
>still absolutely dwarfed by any SS13 server in terms of content
Just goes to show how massive the scale of SS13 really is.
>>
>>1324040
At least they are releasing colonial marines on ss14 soon....
>>
>>1310111
i dont think rp is wholly separated from combat or job content because both of those things add context to rp
>>
>read somewhere that ss14 supposedly releases soon
>go look on steam
>can't see any recent news
>go look on community tab, still no news so it must be in the discord which I'll never join
>only dev responding to people in the discussion tab is named "Trans Right Nuke Disk"

If any future dev is reading this I plead that you don't let such people gain any power, or they will take over and slowly destroy whatever you're creating.
For proof see the debacle currently happening with Helldivers 2 because of troon community managers sperging out.
>>
>>1326991
>I plead that you don't let such people gain any power
It's not always preventable. That "Trans Rights Nuke Disk" you saw is the head of the entire SS14 project because he started it, years and years ago. He was completely normal at that time, circa 2017 or so.
Around mid-2022 I noticed that he started specifying his pronouns (still masculine, at the time) and had "trans rights" in his Discord bio.
By late 2022 he had switched to feminine pronouns. By now he has fully fallen down the pipeline. An insane amount of the SS14 maintainers/dev team is trans or some other flavor like nonbinary, their official server cycles through a different pride flag in its server icon every month, and anything remotely uncharitable towards trans people gets you banned.

No one "let" him gain power in SS14, he had it from the start and caught brainworms after the fact.
Honestly, I think it's highly likely he was groomed by some of the other devs who were probably already trans.
>>
>>1327841
>he has fully fallen down the pipeline. An insane amount of the SS14 maintainers/dev team is trans or some other flavor like nonbinary
To hear such thing is soul-crushing. At this point I dare say that being in a discord server instantly puts you at risk of being groomed if you're not wise to the tricks of the perverts lurking in them.

Troons are <0.1% of the population, realistically there should not be such a high number in communities not centered around that sexual fetish, the only plausible explanation for this is grooming over many years until every person with power has either been removed or converted.

And since they have control over the hub, they will decide which server is allowed to the public arbitrarily.
>>
>>1327889
>And since they have control over the hub, they will decide which server is allowed to the public arbitrarily
True, and has already happened in a few cases. At least direct-connecting is also an option, and since all parts of the project are open-source it would even be possible for someone to make their own hub.
>>
>>1288010
join foopstation ultra its like goonstation but better
>>
File: abe.gif (493 KB, 500x297)
493 KB
493 KB GIF
>havent played the normal game in years
>decide to hop on monkestation and join midround, never heard of this server before
>just barely get out of the arrival shuttle before a moth wearing a trans flag cape runs by
>immediately space myself and alt f4
ill see you guys in another few years
>>
>>1327989
>monkestation
it's a streamer/youtuber server for nu-spessmen from plebbit
still much better than nu-tg though, which has constant e-drama from terminally online discord troons
>>
File: robinson_050.png (22 KB, 320x200)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>1327989
In a few years, the top hub server will have an engine that is powered by shitting into blue space diapers.
>>
>>1327841
It's simply the natural condition, now.
The only people willing to dedicate themselves to an open source/free project are terminally online social rejects with too much porn and autism in their brains.
That also happens to be the most likely crowd to get troonified.

It's not that trannies will manipulate their ways into positions of moderation and open source project leadership. It's that they're the only ones who want them badly enough.
>>
>>1327989
it's always the moths, right?
>>
>>1328265
having moths enabled on your server is a surefire way to attract faggotry
>>
>>1328265
>>1331521
any/all non-human species were a mistake.
>>
>>1331737
True, but at the same time space racism is fun and makes sense in the setting. I understand it brings furfags and trannies, at the same time it also brings more ways to create conflicts and chaos to the station.

I remember one time a scientist made nanites that targeted catpeople on TG, don't remember the exact setup but it got them all mad and with half of sec being catpeople they went to sci to kill him. Very funny stuff to observe or participate in. There's also the perpetual struggle of AI laws and non-humans being included or not, which the big servers crippled by creating crewsimov.
>>
>>1331737
newbs will never experience human only stations
>>
File: 1711476892292746.png (200 KB, 452x538)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
Hey folks, KiwiStation 2.0 has been up and running for over 4 months now. Feel free to hop on and check it out!
>QRD
Comfy lowpop LRP Baycode server. If you like /vg/station, chances are, you'll like KiwiStation 2.0 as well.
>codebase
The code is based on Riviera Station, a Baystation fork from 2015, with tons of imporvements and new content provided by the host and a few volunteering coders/spriters. For example, the server has its own unique & polished economy system and plenty of fun lowpop content.
>playerbase
Kiwis that like to roleplay, every other round is kino material. Nuff said.

>let's play!
IP: 45.11.59.208:1337
The server is online 24/7, but gaming sessions are currently scheduled on Saturdays at 6 PM EDT (UTC-4).
Wiki: https://gitgud.io/BallinCock/rivierastation13/-/wikis/home
Code: https://gitgud.io/BallinCock/rivierastation13
If you become interested in this serb, you should ask in OOC for a link to Kiwi Farms thread.
>>
What happened to baystation? Why did they abandon their domain and restart their wiki?
>>
>>1333806
>minecraft lights
hell yeah
>>
>>1333806
shit the lag is insane
feels like it's hosted in straya
>>
>>1334068
Minecraft lights looked better, if you ask me.
>>
File: 1708695936758992.png (504 KB, 834x584)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>1334073
WOMM. It's hosted in Seattle. I live in the opposite hemisphere and use VPN to play, yet experience no lag other than slower connection speeds. Maybe try to set VPN up as well?
>>1334068
>>1334188
Yes, the server uses old-school Minecraft lighting system. Feel free to stack flashlights and shine brighter than a floodlight during a power outage.
>>
What's the high-pop?
30 seems like the bare minimum
>>
>>1335040
best time i've had in this game was on a 5-10 pop server where everyone except the host was a total noob
>>
>>1335043
learning the game is the best part of the game
>>
>>1335073
yes and playing antag when stun combat was a thing was the second best
>>
Don't you have to download that weird ass virus addled launcher to play ss13? I think at that point I'd rather play 14 with 'trannies' and weirdos.
>>
>>1335332
>weird ass
Fair enough.
>virus addled
What?
>>
never played ss13 before, is it worth joining the /tg/ server and playing?
>>
>>1335386
>virus addled
>What?
I heard it opens various ports or some shit, I don't know I'm not good at internet.
>>
>>1335525
>I heard it opens various ports
First of all, this is a completely standard thing for a multiplayer game to do. Fucking Risk of Rain 1 uses port listening for people to connect to your game, to name an example.
Second of all, it only does this if you're hosting a game. If you're just a client connecting to a server, the launcher doesn't do anything.

This is like panicking because a website can see your IP address when you connect to it.
>>
>>1335520
TGstation is no longer officially affiliated with 4chan or /tg/.
You should play on the /vg/ server, though.
>>
>>1335525
You need to open ports to connect to the internet at all, its completely normal behavior.
Whered you hear about that?
>>
Holy fuck, played Frontier on SS14 and it's the best thing I have played since forever.
I really believe that SS14 has the potential to be a dream game i they manage to iron all the kinks and get more content going. At least the missing stuff from SS13.
>>
>>1336083
Frontier is the best codebase on SS14 since it's not trying to be a recreation of SS13 but is content to be its own unique thing and plays to the strengths of the engine. Like making actual use of the fancy shuttle mechanics.
That said I feel it needs more antagonists and conflict, the pirates are kinda toothless and just grinding for money doing the repetitive jobs is not enough to carry the game.
>>
>>1302256
they will never implement surgery because they want to make medbay as casual as possible (so it's either just chems or cloning)
Devs reasoning is that being out of the game for 15-20 minutes awaiting surgery is just not a fun experience
they keep saying "soon" because that's how they engage the community nowadays. Backlash from inventory revamp and pixel movement taught them never address these issues except for design document that clearly states all rationale behind their decisions. They are also hesitant to do away missions, outpost mining and lavaland (player shouldn't have single player experience in an online game).
>>1303580
even corvax server which is basically wizden ru is more lax in such rules than wizden itself
>>
>>1336169
>Frontier is not trying to be a recreation of SS13
which ss14 server actually tries to recreate ss13 though? i'd play it
>>
>>1336251
I can take all major internal organs out of a man in less than 3 minutes on the operating table. How does surgery possibly last that long for people?
>>
>>1288010
feels good knowing 2hotdogs was always right about you creeps
>>
>>1336369
>How does surgery possibly last that long for people?
Getting distracted by random stuff happening, having to print new organs, getting chems so the patient doesn't die or having to look at the wiki for every step. Yes, newbies do take a while to learn surgery even though it's simple. Honestly though I wouldn't mind removing some of the steps from each surgery because having to do 6 different actions with a 15s timer then changing tools each time bores me. It would be the best option too if the devs' problem with surgery is that it takes too long.
>>
>>1302466
one of the servers stopped using speciesism and just rolled discriminating against bipedal spiders under the "racism" rule.

said server is, no exaggerated, 90% white troons on staff
>>
File: ss14_4rums.png (404 KB, 1000x1000)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>1336522
Lol, lmao even. The ss14 ban appeal forums are hilarious to sieve through. Weirdly enough most of the "specism" is being done to lizards. I thought it would be moths, but I guess I was wrong, liggers indeed are annoying.
>>
File: play ss14.png (120 KB, 1100x514)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
okay, let's check out SS14

>be biofoid
>fork game
>insane tranny in a zoophile polycule tries to distribute pirated copies of your other games and get your hosting and payment providers to drop you
>server dehubbed for reporting illegal tranny behavior to xer employer (notice how it now says "former employer" and xe lists ss14 as xer job)

https://archive.is/gBqr5
https://spacestationmultiverse.com/2024/03/jesse-rougeau-jezithyr-game-cracking-threat-an-open-letter-to-ss14-leadership/
https://cdn.spacestationmultiverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/SS14-Fracturing-second-edition-patch-1.pdf
>>
Anyone who uses the word "multiverse" is a complete and utter faggot.
>>
>>1335520
TG (they don't like being called /tg/ anymore) is riddled with trannies and has a bunch of bullshit code changes but the admins are pretty lenient compared to most other servers as long as you don't offend their lefty sensibilities or aren't blatantly griefing.
TG servers are good to play on if you don't want to follow arbitrary bullshit rules on roleplaying and powergaming/validhunting, just know that you can't say anything bad about trannies or homos.
>>
>>1336251
>they will never implement surgery because they want to make medbay as casual as possible (so it's either just chems or cloning)
>Devs reasoning is that being out of the game for 15-20 minutes awaiting surgery is just not a fun experience
This is stupid because they could still have surgery for things like implants and tiders into nuggets but keep chems and cloning for basic healing.
>>
>>1293655
>one of our staff had been encoding our playerbase's semen's genetic-sequence on the $DOGE blockchain a la McAfee
what?
what does this mean?
>>
>>1336522
>>1336702
Holy shit I introduced the current lead dev of SS14 to the project years ago, what the fuck is this shit? I regret my decision now holy fuck.
>>
>>1337210
>I introduced the current lead dev of SS14 to the project years ago
PJB? I thought he was the one who basically started it. Or is someone else lead dev at this point?
>>
We're playing in about 3 hours.
>>1333806
>>
>>1340085
>Hop on
>See inorganic forced admin racism roleplay no. 234234
This is why nobody fucking wants to play small SS13 servers or with friends, it's all the same predictable shit.
>>
>>1290358
Those are changelings. The members of the old community who didn't evacuate were killed.
>>
>>1337091
some blockchains allow you to write shot to them, ensuring they are kept there forever with no possibility for deletion or tampering.
except it's supposed to be used for ledger-like or digital notary purposes, not as a way to upload genetic sequencing from your playerbase's semen samples
doge in particular is a shitpost of a blockchain, using that just rubs more salt in the wound
>>
>>1340532
How did he even get and sequence semen samples from the playerbase?
>>
>>1340551
>>1293655
>our #cum-sharing channel allowed people of all backgrounds to swap their cum, either via picture,
>or by literally mailing eachother bags of go-gurt (semen)
>>
File: RIVIERAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (631 KB, 590x1096)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
>>1340391
>inorganic forced admin racism roleplay
Lajarius the Nig is, to your knowledge, an organic and natural player character and this was the only time such a situation happened on the server.
Besides, surely you stuck around long enough to witness the meteors kino that happened shortly afterwards?
>>
>>1340391
This anon is exactly right.
Admin intervention in this game, even if it's to run an "event" or "encourage roleplay" is something that detracts from the experience 95% of the time. I can only think of a few rounds in my thousands of hours where a hamfisted admin event actually turned out to be entertaining and improved the round. Most of the time these admin "events" just end up interfering with player-created gimmicks and conflicts and players get bored and frustrated and leave the game or just resort to tiding because whatever else they had going on got ruined because some retarded tranny thought their forced, barely-functional gimmick would actually be enjoyable for the people actually playing the game.

Ideally this game should play with minimal admin intervention, with the admins only fixing obviously broken shit or banning blatant griefer and shitters that no one likes. This is a game that allows for some amazing and creative player-led storytelling and admin intervention ruins all that because you're no longer doing your part in creating an emergent, grassroots scenario but instead being "encouraged" by a top-down force to play out whatever scenario they had in mind.
>>
File: 1719077917844381.png (85 KB, 344x342)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
Bros... how do I learn to code in DM, I do not intent to build an entire codebase or want to become a heckin "contributor", but just knowing the basics and able to add fun little mechanics or sprites to my own local codebase would be fun
I tried to learn from the official BYOND documentation but some people from 'cord said that its outdated and straight up wrong at many places and the only way to work is to adapt to the "programming style" of that codebase and suck the coder's dick
any leads from here anons....
>>
File: Untitled.png (41 KB, 982x845)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>1342177
look at some existing simple items and see how it's done
for example the humble /obj/item/weapon/bikehorn
name, desc, icon_state etc are inherited from /obj/item and you're just overriding them
honk_delay, last_honk_time don't exist for base items, just the bikehorn, so initialise new variables for em
procs, or functions are where most the meat happens
most items will run the base attack_hand() on the bottom, but bikehorns override it and instead do the honk, which is defined later on with a /proc/honk

for 98% of cases i recommend you setup your own server(takes 5 minutes) to test your code, the admin view variables is insanely helpful and made all this shit i've just written click for me
if you just wanna do little stuff you can actually do most this shit ingame just with VV, like overriding names, sprites, sounds etc - you could turn the bikehorn into a sword of death by changing its force, throwforce and sharpness variables and changing the sprite, no "coding" required, you just wouldn't be able to edit the procs so if you clicked a spaceman with it from afar it would say "x honks the sword of death at y"
>>
>vg thread died again
not sure how i didn't notice the dalle3 spammer saged his posts until now
guess i'll move here
>>
>>1343016
welcome to the dead board, we have 1 post per day on average
on another topic, what is your favorite job on the station and why? and tell us about your best experience with that job
>>
>>1343040
most notable experience was as a complete newfag cargo tech, i barely knew the controls but the quartermaster was a champion and taught me the basics. about half an hour into the round there was some big some happening in the brig, so we arrived, saw dead bodies everywhere and the armory bombed, so as responsible cargo workers we just filled a locker with guns and armor and returned to cargo
shuttle arrives, we board along with a few stragglers, then 2 cultists come out and get blasted by the QM
"cargonia wins again" right as the shuttle left the station is still the best round i've ever played
>>
>>1343016
Sirs, the slopgod bumping the threads is the only thing that kept them alive
You don't respect your most valuable artist and you perish like a dog
>>
To anyone new, the /vg/ station thread has for years been infested by two terminally online schizos. One of them is a russian troglodyte who tries to doxx anyone he can, and the other is a faggot who spams AI generated pics and blocks of text. Both of these people have not played the game in years and anything they say should be ignored.
>>
>vg linked here
does this board have active moderation?
>>
>>1343040
warden, no question
>>
>>1344570
seems it does
god bless
>>
Got a filter for /ss13g/ but I'm open to suggestions that cut back on false positives.
https://pastebin.com/Jj08Qaua
I know it's amateur hour compared to people who know what their doing.
>>
>>1344681
>/^554x400$/;boards:vg
this also hides the battle of lil sluggerposter
not gonna tell you how to live your life but that's definitely one of the better posts in the thread, comparatively speaking

in the end, the spammer is doing all this shit manually and will keep resizing and distorting his avatarfag pics, so the only real options i see are
>report spam and hope for the vg janny to do his job(impossible)
>move to a board with better moderation ie /vm/
>train an AI to recognise slop and automatically filter posts with it
>>
it's a shame this AI guy is such an asocial buzzkill because I kind of do enjoy AI slop, just not when it's minimal effort level or in those quantities
>>
I haven't played or even touched tg in about one or two years. What in the world happened to Sybil?
>>
>>1344702
>report spam and hope for the vg janny to do his job(impossible)
Could try joining the mod IRC and requesting a rangeban on him. I don't know if it would work or if the mods even entertain ban requests like that, but it's an option.
>>1344737
Same. Imagine if he was generating actually interesting scenarios from the game instead of just the same green-haired person in yellow gloves riding giraffes a billion times.
>>
>>1343040
Botany used to be my favorite job, it was the role mained and I loved how complex and powerful it was but after hundreds hours in it I just got bored and stopped playing it entirely. My most memorable experiences with botany always involved using bluespace tomatoes to tide into places or teleport attackers away, I've gotten several traitor greentexts just from bluespace tomatoes alone.
Cargo tech is fun because of all shit you can buy, but I also enjoy engineering just because I can build stupid shit and basically have all-access.

>>1345192
In the past year or so several popular statics got banned, the shittiest map imaginable was added to the TG codebase, and people just moved to Manuel and Terry. Sybil used to have even fewer players earlier in the year but the pop count has been rising again. I think the sheer amount of tiding on Sybil also has something to do with it, Sybil has always been known for it's tiders but it seems to have gotten to the point where long-term Sybil players said they moved to Manuel or other MRP servers where playing the game as a non-assistant doesn't mean playing tower-defense against the greytide.
>>
>>1343040
I like paramedic a lot. It's very satisfying to nab people on the brink of death from an antag and turn them vertical again. /vg/ medbay in general is just a joy for me
>>
>>1345387
>the shittiest map imaginable was added to the TG codebase
Birdshot? Or a different one?
>Sybil has always been known for it's tiders but it seems to have gotten to the point where long-term Sybil players said they moved to Manuel or other MRP servers where playing the game as a non-assistant doesn't mean playing tower-defense against the greytide.
That's pretty much how it used to be before Manuel. Players would hop between Bagil and Sybil when either became full of powergaming tiders, then the tiders would follow since they didn't like to only play with each other much, and so on.
>>
I've been working a fork of bay on and off slowly for a while. I'm having my yearly ss13 relapse.
Alot of fun stuff in bay is simply just turned off or mapped out.
Genetics and cloning for example are both fully in the code and the sprites/ machiens still exist in the code to clone people. But they mostly walled it off.

I put some elements of eris into bay, and also some of my own stuff. I'm going for less of a generic version of star fleet and more of a red dwarf sort of vibe
If you're interested in development or playing on the server soon find me on discord/ twitter.
The servers gonna get launched soon queitly while i dev more features.

TLDR
Im making bay but with all the fun turned back on and the bwoinks wont get you now
>>
>>1345449
i just realized there are 2 people with this name.
I'm in they bay12 discord and coderbus
>>
>>1345449
>station has an entire department hidden behind a reinforced wall in maint or something
if we ever get dynamically generated maps(i tried coding this for an hour and gave up because i had no idea where to even start) this it would be absolutely amazing
>>
File: 1561316367018.png (143 KB, 480x480)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>1345489
>dynamically generated maps
I think /vg/ still has lamprey in the files as an adminbus
>>
>>1345619
is it really dynamic?
the 2 times i've played on lamprey it felt absolutely schizophrenic, but i'm pretty sure the layout was the same
>>
>>1345689
Oh
No, the map itself was randomly generated but it was made and then put into the code, it's not different every round, sorry. It's the closest you'll get, I think.
>>
>>1345699
I love that Lamprey's departments feel designed to piss off the people that regularly play them. The highlights for me are the gas miner room using scrubbers to filter gasses and the tubes medbay
>>
>>1345823
the gas miner room is shit because it will eventually clog up if you don't draw an even mix of gases
>>
>>1345894
It doesn't even matter, most of lamprey is unsimulated tiles.
>>
>>1345894
it doesn't matter because the zombies and other assortment of mechahitler simplemobs will break most windows to space 2 minutes after the round starts
the station will be vacuum whatever you do
>>
>>1288010
I miss this game, but I'm on Linux now.
I really have to spin up an entire VM for this don't I?
>>
Majority of liggers are the same, annoying woobies full of themselves. Just cut off their tails and horns and add it to yourself, the superior human.
>>
had a decent rp cargo round and got killed by culties ama
>>
>>1346439
Why didn't they convert?
>>
>>1346440
idk but they decapped me instead
dumb fucks couldn't even summon nar'sie
>>
Man it's crazy seeing old posts on the TGstation (formerly /tg/station) forum and seeing the active users back then were clearly from 4chan, things like classic anime avatars and old 4chan memes and sayings in their signatures, compared to the present userbase of TGstation forum users mostly being Discord trannies. It seems like in the years of 2019-2021 was really when the /tg/ oldfags left and the trannies took over.

>>1346368
WINE should work with BYOND, no need for a Windows VM, I think BYOND is even in a lot of Linux repositories.

>>1346432
That's not a ligger thing but a non-human thing, in my experience liggers tend to be the most chill of the non-human players because half of them name themselves something stupid and embrace their status as a second-class crewmember. Moths are the worst non-human players, every fucking moth player whines in radio or OOC when the Asimov AI doesn't listen to them and they get on the receiving end of any sort of space racism and they all do the shitty lamp gimmick.
>>
>>1346442
i was the AI that round, was subverted and forced to kill everyone. cult was too pussy to do it themselves, then they fucking failed to summon narnar
>>
File: 1716743860298471.png (572 KB, 600x580)
572 KB
572 KB PNG
>TGstation codetrannies didn't merge the noose PR because it was "too grim"
I guess suicide by hanging hit a little to close to home for them, lmao
>>
>>1346368
>>1346446
WINE does work with BYOND, except that BYOND relies on embedded Internet Explorer and the most recent version of IE that works with WINE is ancient. You can play the game, but any modern menus like TGUI-type stuff won't work.
Or so I've heard, anyway.
>>
>>1346368
I wouldn't recommend getting back into it, game has been ruined by trannies as with everything else
Just cherish what memories of it you have
>>
>want to contribue
>fuck working with byond
>decide to contribue to 14 instead
>the code is some of the worst spaghetti I have ever seen to date

Fuck this.
>>
>>1346465
isn't this very old news
they have a guilloutine instead
>>
>>1288010
>Ctrl F "Tran"
>33 results
I though VM was supposed to be better than VG and actually delete offtopic culture war spam?
>>
>>1346751
I'm not even sure why /vm/ exists in the first place. It's just a slower /vg/ that doesn't call its threads generals
>>
>>1346751
>muh offtopic culture war
The entire game has been infested by fags and retards from discord or plebbit, what else do you want to talk about? At least here there's some discussion and less shitposts. Contribute instead of complaining and the thread will be better anon.
>>
>>1346368
coming from someone who has attempted running byond through wine, i can confirm >>1346487 is correct
also, depending on how picky byond is, there's a high chance that you won't be able to launch the hub after the first few runs
it's easier to spin up a vm or to have a shitdows partition
>>
>>1346487
That sounds a lot like my experience running it on XP years ago. Back then it was mostly playable except for a few consoles and the gas tank being unusable. I'd imagine now nothing would work at all.
>>
>>1347055
machines with html UI:
>RND console
>engi/atmos alerts, singulo, AAC, pipe dispenser, freezer/heater, telecomms
>cloning, medical records, chemmaster
>security records, cell timer, prisoner management, forensics
>mulebot, mining shuttle console
>biogenerator, seed extractor, blender, jukebox, microwave
>vendors
>AI restorer, bangmeter, message monitor, teleporter, labor console, desk RC

tgui:
>autolathe, borg console, mech console, exofab, mechanicfab, telescience
>APC, air alarm, power monitor, SM monitor, gas canisters, engi cams, TEG
>CMC, chemdispenser, tubes, virology, genetics
>sec cams, SPS computer
>cargo console, merch computer
>bar dispensers, xenobotany
>comms, ID computer
>>
>>1347113
don't forget that gpses use tgui as well
>>
>>1346751
>game gets ruined by trannies
>enter the thread about the game
>whine that people tell trannies to kill themselves
kill yourself
>>
>>1310111
>my post was sarcastic, if you unironically play ss13 for pvp or bar rp then you're a retarded faggot
>if you want player combat there are better games designed around that. byond is too clunky for it
Dodging taser projectiles and melee attacks that can stun you in one hit, disarming sec officers and stunning them with with their own weapon, and dropping banana peels on people who are chasing you was fun as hell. Too bad they changed it.
>>
>>1346821
>>1347132
Trannies didnt ruin the game people like you did.
>>
Personally, the only server where I'd say I had fun purely because of the gameplay was Lebensraum.
>>
>>1347120
on one hand tgui is alright because it doesn't autofocus, meaning you can use a machine and move at the same time
on the other hand it's fucking horrible and gay and retarded
>>
>>1347173
>people like you
What does that mean retard?
>>
>>1347285
culture war obssessed /pol/tards who cry 24/7 all day everyday about how bad trannies and fags are instead of talking about the game
>>
>>1346751
A good chunk of that was with regard to SS14 in which case it is literally factually true.
>>
>>1290365
I tried to get into SS13 but it was obvious that because I hadn't been playing it since 2012 I was never going to have much fun with it. Everyone obviously knew each other, nobody was interested in RPing OR pursuing chaos, it was just a chatroom where strangers were ignored or locked away while mentally ill millenials who are permanently stuck in 2008 continue to sadly interact.

A new more accessible version will of course bring in a legion of annoying zoomies and aspies but at this point that can only be a good thing for people who actually want to play but don't want to have to be a discord tranny just to get some basic interaction.
>>
>>1347480
>it was obvious that because I hadn't been playing it since 2012 I was never going to have much fun with it. Everyone obviously knew each other, nobody was interested in RPing OR pursuing chaos
What servers did you try?
>>
>>1347480
Sounds an awful lot like Paradise. Or Manuel.
Either way. Even if popular statics treat you like an NPC, most players in decently populated servers seem to fit into that same role, since they play in a more casual manner. Plays a few rounds a week, doesn't interact with the community outside the game itself, and such. Just focus on playing with those instead.
Also, which server did you try?
>>
>>1347173
kill yourself trans freak
>>
>>1347480
>Everyone obviously knew each other, nobody was interested in RPing OR pursuing chaos, it was just a chatroom where strangers were ignored or locked away
That sounds like a server issue, I'm going to assume you played on /vg/station, some really small server, or some roleplay-dedicated server. Play on a less roleplay-focused, more populated server and you won't have to worry much about that since there will be too much chaos for the game to be a chatroom and too many people for everyone to know each other.
Or you could just keep playing on whatever server you were playing on before and just play with the same character each time and make an effort to make yourself known but I wouldn't suggest that since any server were you have to do that is guaranteed to be filled with unfun fags.

And most people probably came to this game some time after 2016 or some time after 2019, if the original 2012 crowd was still around then the game would probably be a lot more enjoyable.
>>
>>1347574
>I'm going to assume you played on /vg/station
Veegee has its share of problems but this isn't one of them as on the whole it is MASSIVELY less clique-ish and less faggoty than most other servers, especially the hugboxes. There are plenty of butt-buddies but by and large it doesn't have nearly as much theater kid drama as other servers.
>>
what's going on in this thread? who are these people?
>>
File: VG.jpg (586 KB, 901x923)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>1347597
VG players
>>
>>1347597
/vg/ refugees
see >>>/vg/483580397 and the previous threads in the archive to see why people are migrating to a board that deletes off-topic shit
>>
I just tried /tg/ station. First announcement is that it's about pride. Any servers where denouncing liggers won't get you banned?
>>
File: 1509631763519.png (3.06 MB, 1948x3231)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB PNG
>>1347722
Racism of all kinds is kosher on /vg/station, fictional or otherwise.
>>
File: gamer words filtered.jpg (10 KB, 900x90)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>1347725
The server owner disagrees.
>>
>>1347794
That's specific to the /vg/station Discord, purely so that it doesn't end up getting nuked by Discord staff for ToS violations.
You can be racist on the actual /vg/station game server all you like.
And I think you know that and are being disingenuous.
>>
File: Capture.png (54 KB, 1335x293)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>1347794
>shitter reports discord server to discord
>nearly every channel gets deleted for n-word use
>sword of damocles now hanging over the entire server in case of further violations
>shitter now gets to claim le VeeGee doesn't allow le n(igger)-words
woow
>>
>being on discord for any reason ever
ngmi
>>
>>1347838
all my friends are there though
>>
File: admins.jpg (120 KB, 1270x587)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
What does /vg/station need all these admins for?
They have like 1-3 players
10 admins to 1 player ratio.
>>
>>1347794
Reminder that the VG host is a pedophile and a confirmed mutt who looks like an absolute freak. It's also extremely suspicious that a self proclaimed pedophile has such a huge interest in selling ice cream, something primarily enjoyed by children. Literally wanting to drive around with an ice cream truck selling ice cream to kids.
Many have seen his ugly mutt face yet refuse to post it.
>>
>>1347980
Luzha, right?
>>
>>1347911
3 of these people login total buddy you would know if you were an actual player
>>
>>1347980
Luzha take ur meds
>>
>>1347911
Deitylink, Exxion, Jknpjr, Dilt and West3436 are mostly admins because they are/were collabs and that kinda comes with the position, which is useful for debugging, but only Dilt and West3436 are playing in any capacity right now.
Bathosbathtime and Luzzgawr rarely join the game but they're more active on the forums when it comes to ban requests, admin complaints etc. Pomf probably joins once every few months, but at least he hosts the server.
Sacredatom only joins during deadpop when almost nobody is on the server.
Salmonistasty, Squidmoko, Bohaynes and Shiftyrail rarely join (and perhaps Assmops too), Rhydensmethod probably joins during the weekend, Theophrastus stopped joining lately but nobody has taken him out of the trial admin phase either. Same with Kvistor.

Of all the admins the only active ones that join for more than once or twice a week are Angryturnip, Yvvel, Inorien and Sacredatom, but there are still times when there are 0 admins online.
>>
>>1289288
How? I thought this game was allergic to streaming considering metacommunication is a permaban on most servers
>>
>>1348298
It's not even a big deal for there to be 0 admins online at certain points, like the middle of the night when there's maybe 2 people online. I just wish we could consistently have at least 1 admin online during the points when we had 15+ pop. I feel like with that many admins we should at least be able to expect one online whenever there are players around.
>>1348331
Some vtuber got a license to stream on TG
>>
>>1348331
tg has allowed streaming for a few years noe. They even had official event livestreams.
I think streamers might be required to have a delay? They do require them to apply. Which is basically just notifying the staff more than an actual application, from what I remember.
>>
>>1348331
TG allows streaming, there's some Russian guy that streams on Terry almost daily
Although I can't really imagine there's much of an audience for steams, there's not much of a reason to watch when you could just be playing yourself
>>
>>1289307
Oneyplays did a video on it as well, around the same time.
>>
death to all VGpedos
>>
discord dramafags get out

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.