[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Preparing for 1.1

Expectations for the first major update?
Who are you saving/pulling for?
>>
File: 1717539839283400.png (684 KB, 850x987)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
for me, its camellya
>>
>>1492727
>/wwg/
This thread won't last long
>>
>>1492743
Yeh, I fucked it up
>>
>>1492727
Even though Jihnsi has a cool looking moveset I do not care for her as a character whatsoever and would much rather pull Changli who is not only hot but also has cool moves. Hopefully I get her since it would be cool.
>>
Also gonna post a few webms from when I was doing the main story.
>>
Sound:
>>>/wsg/5586825
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.93 MB, 960x540)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB WEBM
Sound:
>>>/wsg/5586857
>>
S-She will come back, r-right bros?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.95 MB, 960x530)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB WEBM
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.93 MB, 854x470)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB WEBM
>>
>>1492841
Upload the part with the retarded pet, please
>>
Last one, this one's from the end of Jiyan's story quest.

>>1492846
Actually didn't save that part funnily enough. Didn't think it was that interesting. I can go look up a no commentary for that if you want.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.9 MB, 854x470)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB WEBM
>>1492846
Alright, managed to scrounge up a video from a PC player with FRover. There's about as many playing MRover as FRover, but so many of these "No Commentary" videos are playing it on a phone at like 30 FPS with drops, it's awful.
>>
>>1492895
If I'm not mistaken, this little shit will have Nanachi JP voice, kek
Will be interesting to hear it talk
>>
Wow a thread for wuwa discussion without the usual schizophrenia
Count me in
>>
File: 1702030407436899.jpg (802 KB, 2560x1440)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
What do you guys thing about the Book of the New Sun references? I had already picked on some of it with the forgotten space travel and the alzabo TDs in the mine
>>
>>1492907
Kuro is not retarded enough to make a new paimon right? Like, they course corrected as much as they could from beta 2 to release, if they had that little shit being paimon 2.0 surely they cut it out and relegated it to a cute pet or something (still annoying in a story that is supposed to be more mature). If they need to insert cuteness in the story they already have 2 excellent lolis.
On the other hand, I'm already planning to roll for both new units in 1.1 plus >>1492729 this bitch, I hope the other 1.2 unit is not hot as fuck, I don't want to swipe other than for the monthly pass.
>>
>>1494547
I don't know what that is, I skip every quest. But that NPC is by far my favorite, in a game were most female NPC are hot as fuck.
>>
>>1494547
Honestly? I'm not understanding much.
I put a lot of attention to everything but the spanish translation (the language I use) sometimes just doesn't make sense at all.
Imagine, first the english sub is sometimes scuffed, and the spanish one is translated over it.
What's exactly the topic about the stories?
>>
>>1494659
From what I know, Paimon is very popular in CN, so Kuro wants to capitalize on the same market
I'm confident that they will nail the mascot for Wuwa, I'm eager to see the little critter in the story
As long it has good interactions and doesn't appear often, it will be alright
>>
>>1494707
>spanish translation
Oof. The original English version is already famously hard to read even for native speakers.
>What's exactly the topic about the stories?
The irl novel? It's about an Earth so far in the future that the Sun is dying and human society has degraded so much that much of the technology developed has been forgotten it even exists. It follows the adventures of a member of the Guild of Torturers after he is exiled from the guild. Ultimately, the book is about the return (the second coming) of a messianic figure prophesized to save the world; he is called The New Sun.
>>
>>1494707
>Imagine, first the english sub is sometimes scuffed, and the spanish one is translated over it.
Ah you're talking about the game. Yeah, it's hard to understand because of all the new terminology, but it's new even in English and all the Chinese names don't make it easy for us to remember them when they show up again.
>>
>>1494660
For me it's Bei Shi and her love for Saved by the Bell.
>>
>>1494742
I see, now I have a better understanding about the whole event
I hope they drop at least some little future lore in the end
>>
Patch notes for 1.1
https://wutheringwaves.kurogames.com/en/main/news/detail/893

The game is starting to take a better shape now.
>>
>>1495381
>After reaching Lv. 21, all Echoes dropped will be guaranteed to be of 5-Star Rarity.
Wait, so then what does "100% drop enhancement" or whatever mean at level 20? I thought the 20% meant the chance for anything to drop an Echo, and then the second % was the 5* rate.

Everything else seems great outside of the Cruisewing slowdown, especially them adding one extra of each pull to the monthly store and giving more daily activity objectives. Surprised they're not addressing vibration and gyro not working on DS controllers though.
>>
>>1495386
Remember that we have a 80%/20% drop of gold and purple echo, respectively.
Now on level 21 will always be 100% gold echo drop. They didn't mention anything about the 20% echo drop, though.
>>
>>1495392
>Remember that we have a 80%/20% drop of gold and purple echo, respectively.
Is that what it meant? I thought "100%" meant 100% chance of 5*, not the split you mentioned. The 20% being the base chance you get an Echo from an enemy that isn't glowing at all.
>>
>>1495386
nigga, are you in elementary and your reading comprehension hasn't fully developed yet???
if you actually clicked the enhanced drop rate 100% arrow it will open up and say that it only works for overlord and calamity class TDs.
and if you fucking click the highest drop rarity arrow it will show you that at data bank level 20 you have a 80% chance to get 5* and a 20* chance to get a 4*. at level 21 that changes to a 100% chance for 5*. the base drop rate of 20% does not change
>>
>>1495395
>if you actually clicked the enhanced drop rate 100% arrow
I genuinely didn't even realize I could go to this section on a controller.
>>
>>1495381
No echo XP drop increase?
>>
>>1495449
No, and we shouldn't get one yet.
No one has reached the max SOL3 phase, so we actually don't know how the drops are at max level. When someone reaches it, then we can actually start asking for a change if they are not enough.

People are spoiled. They want to get to get full optimized echo sets when the game doesn't even have 1 month of being out.
>>
>>1495455
People are gonna quit if they can't progress. We don't have the first mover advantage like Genshin.
>>
>>1495462
Sure. Maybe by 1.2 we will get something about it, when some people will be closer to max SOL3 level or already on it.
In 1.1 we will get the huge improvement of turning blue and purple tuners to gold ones.

They could either increase the drops, or let us use lvl 0 echoes as fodder, or turn them to XP. We will see.
I'm optimistic that by 1.2 the echo XP grind will be better.
>>
>>1495462
>People are gonna quit if they can't progress.
The thing is that you can fully kit out at least four or five characters right now even if you have like three or four trash 5* Echoes in that pile of Echoes. Right now getting 2 or 3 remotely decent substats is way too much for overworld enemies and you melt them in seconds, and your only challenges now are the holograms and ToA which still don't seem to require minmaxed Echoes in any way, just reasonable enough ones. The issue right now is we're simply underleveled for the ToA content so we can't break some of the DPS expectations.

They're at a good point in terms of keeping up progression, and the next update by the looks of things is improving on the parts of it that are a bit sloppy.
>>
Jiyue teaser (not 1.1 trailer)

ENG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvxwtXIrf1g
JP:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygFmAnIfSAM
>>
Have they fixed most of the technical issues on PC? I could deal with shader compilation stutters but the sound bug made the game unplayable for me.
>>
>>1496745
That bug was fixed like 2 weeks ago
>>
>>1496492
Everybody I know is complaining about echo leveling
>>
>>1496755
Good to know, it kept coming back even after reinstalling back then.
>>
>>1496837
Like I said, you can currently deck out an entire team and then some with 5*s. That should be enough for the point we're at right now since there's nothing that can even survive even a half-assed kit of Echoes with 2-3/5 substats being something good outside of the ToA, and even in the ToA you effectively only need four or so usable characters to pass the middle tier of stuff.

They absolutely do have to increase the drop rate of the capsules, increase how much they give, decrease how much it takes to hit +25, or all of the above, it's just that in 1.0 specifically this shouldn't be much of a problem. It's a problem going forward that needs to be addressed which they are.
>>
I do not know how to parry with Encore. People tell me to just switch characters to parry but I don't even get how that works. I try switching and I get hit.
>>
>>1498201
Literally just hold down your left mouse button what the fuck did you skip the tutorial fights
>>
>>1498227

He's on mobile like everyone else on this board. I don't think Wuthering Waves has controller or mouse and keyboard support right now.
>>
>>1498227
>hold down left click
>encore does her long animation attack
>doesnt even parry the enemy attack
lol
k
>>
>>1498231
it has had controller support on mobile since the beginning.
>>
>that Jinhsi sig weapon
Autumntrace will do
>>
1.1 patch trailer
EN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkFQwO6BrEc
JP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBcenj40hw4
>>
I heard this game blows genshit out of the water, is that really true? I mean Genshit sucks ass, but does WuWa do something that's somehow better or different that makes people shit and piss their pants over it?
>>
>>1499484
Same stamina system. Same gameplay goals. Same reasons to spend money. Different look.
>>
>>1499484
Main thing is that it plays better. Aka movement. Stuff like momentum exists, and climbing/running isn't taking forever, stamina for running only used in combat.

Dailies are are also faster (though still flawed). You don't have to do them in Genshin all the time anymore, but if you have to, it's still awful.
No such thing as crafting shit to use 40 energy instead of 20 either.

Game isn't anywhere near perfect, but it addresses a lot of points people never liked about Genshin, like 2 primo chests or all the aforementioned. But it is still very similar. If you disliked the little things in Genshin, this game is worth trying. If you disliked the major things, no need. Still a gacha.
>>
>>1499484
>is that really true?
No, it's just another game in the same style with its own strengths and flaws. In the long run the combat is simply not as strong as Genshin is at its core because it's mainly about the numbers so most playable characters will only be able to fall into certain camps like DPS, coordinated attacker (Sub DPS), or buffer rather than also bring an elemental aspect to the game.

As it is with 1.0 we already have some units that will very much be unusable going forward unless new characters are made to specifically address their kits, but anything that fixes their kits also buffs better characters so it makes no sense. Like, there's no reason to use someone like Chixia past the immediate start, even less than Amber. Amber can at least be forced to work in stuff like Burning, Vape, or Melt setups whereas Chixia is an objectively worse Mortefi.

Outside of that issue combat is pretty fun and they do encourage you to switch due to the posture meter, intro/outro attacks dealing a lot of damage to it, the Echo system adds another attack to your rotation, perfect dodges give you a new basic attack counter that gives you a bunch of intro/outro meter, and there's parrying but that only works properly on melee characters.

Exploration is where it is significantly improved because it has momentum-based movement like BotW or TotK do and when you go back to Genshin you're begging to not just fall straight down when you exit your glider. It also lets you run up walls instead of doing jumps up walls, you have access to a grappling hook allowing for extended time in air and it lifting you higher a bit, there's an aerial dodge meaning even more height for exploration, and most importantly there's no stamina drain if you're not in battle or climbing something.

The side quests are nearly all awful and fail to understand why World Quests work in Genshin (Because they're not short), the main story's first two chapters are a wash, and the world is cool.
>>
>new login pulls
>like 10 pulls for each currency for 1.1
>on top of 600 astrites because of maintenance and bugs
I unironically think that Kuro should stop giving free so much shit because it encourages people to not spend on the game.
Also, by seeing comments on X, everyone is ungrateful anyway. I hope by 1.2 they start to be more stingy like Hoyo.
>>
>>1499847
To be fair, it was reasonable to be cautious about their paid economy in 1.0 because we had no idea if they'd continue giving stuff early or keep up the amount of Astrites and pulls from exploration. Some of the important free stuff (Free 5* and like 20 or 30 pulls) was because of the messy launch as well so that skews how people would view if they're stingy or not even if the guaranteed 5*s and how they handle the standard banners is very generous for a gacha.

With 1.1 keeping up the amount of Astrite from exploration I would say that anyone arguing they're stingy is pretty ridiculous and you just want more free stuff when they're trying to find a balance for their business. Sure, 1.0 seemed kind of average or stingy since once you burn through that content it would rid you of a lot of stuff going forward (Sonance Caskets, crafted item rewards, quest rewards, etc.), but now it's ridiculous to say they're stingy just because of how much they're giving out and how much they're guaranteeing. I have literally every single character except Jiyan and Lingyang obtained through very little effort already which is crazy for an early F2P game.
>>
>>1499847
compared to other gacha games, this is literally nothing. maybe i just got spoiled by other games and try to at least appreciate the free stuff they give out
>>
File: Yakuza Online costs.jpg (1.08 MB, 1255x1160)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>1499878
>compared to other gacha games, this is literally nothing
You're playing extremely exceptional games or ones that power creep heavily making those pulls a requirement. The gachas I've played (Battle Cats, Super Sentai Legend Wars, Yakuza Online, Kingdom Heart Unchained X, Megaman Xover) give you enough for a 10 pull every two or so weeks if that and either have no pity at all, no guarantee at all, or have such an absurd guarantee system that it would be impossible for any F2P person to reach it. That's not even getting into the absolute chores it takes to earn premium currency at all.

Battle Cats requires you to grind and grind and grind to earn pulls but the benefit is that you can seed track your pulls. It also takes months to get to a point where you can regularly earn pulls in a reliable way via tickets.
SSLW required you to do their events daily for like half an hour every day, and they power creeped heavily to the point that your entire team of cards became pointless within a two week period.
Yakuza Online is so absurd in how much it costs to pull it's ridiculous. Picture related should give you an idea of how absurd. For reference, 1000 diamonds = 10 pull, a you need to do a minimum of 250 pulls to get the banner guarantee on the Snipe banner specifically (Which loses its pity counter after a week and doesn't carry over), or 500 pulls for the garbage banner no one ever pulls on. Cards are power creeped within a month. Their monthly subscription system only gives you like 3000 diamonds in a month for $15 I think it was and for a free player to earn 500ish diamonds in a week they had to place in the top bracket of PVP and guild battles (Meaning play daily for an hour and check back every three-ish hours).
KHUX required you to raid and PVP daily for every week to earn I think it was 1600 a week? 10 pulls were 3k and to guarantee a medal you had to do 100 pulls. They almost never gave out free gems.
>>
>/wwg/
sorry I don't even play this game, but did mods finally stop pretending generals are not allowed here?
>>
>>1499900
I don't think so, it's just that I fucked up the thread name
Just treat it as a normal Wuwa thread
>>
Has anyone used that live interactive map? Is it safe?
>>
>>1500206
>Installing adware
Nah. I checked the website and the map was incomplete.
>>
>>1500273
they said they were going to keep updating the map. but yeah, the ads on it is a deal breaker
>>
Any fellow rover-spectro bros?
>>
>>1500923
do you use it as sub-dps? time stop?
>>
>>1500934
Main, is it too late for me? For some reason there is something more satisfying playing spectro than havoc. I tried playing calcharo but he feels clunky.
>>
>>1500937
I main spectro rover. I like it more than havoc.
>>
>4 days already without power in my home
>missed out 3 days of the double echo materials drop
>missed out 600 astrites (monthly sub + dailies) already
>missed out 4 days of XP, would probably be UL50 by now
This shit fucking sucks man. I think I'm going to drop this shit.
>>
Haven't opened the game since claiming the apologems last week
>>
Is the maintenance on right now? I thought it won't be till later. I still haven't used all my waveplates and dailies.
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 1117x353)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>1501559
It is.
>>
>>1501561
they said maint was on the 28th. it's still the 27th.
fuckers lied
>>
>>1501586

Maintenance is over and it's the 28th here in the Pacific/Asia region.
>>
>>1501490

Just keep playing. It's not a PvP game, so you won't really be losing out on anything.
>>
>>1498795

Freaking IGN.
>>
>>1501638

*Forgot screenshot.
>>
File: wutheringwaves020jpg.jpg (311 KB, 1366x768)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
nice, didnt know Verina's first chain was more healing
>>
Weren't they adjusting the Echo exp for the Data Bank? I was level 20 with around 200 exp. Now I'm at level 20 and at 0/350 exp. What gives? Where's my compensation?
>>
File: 2.png (3.27 MB, 1920x1058)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB PNG
first 10 roll on banner btw. My luck for the update is now spent.
>>
>>1501892
You get Union EXP from the compensation, not Data Bank EXP. I got 5600 EXP when I went to my mail.
>>
>>1501991
Didn't they say they were changing the Data Bank exp you get? And besides, I was level 20 with an extra 200 exp. When 1.1 happened I lost those 200 exp. What the fuck. I should have been 200/350 instead of 0/350.
>>
>>1502003
They probably did change it and that's why your EXP is lowered because it adjusted to the new values. I had every single one at 5* before the patch which I think was 250? 300? past 20. It's now 160/350 without having touched the new area yet. The mail also said they increased the Union EXP rewarded when they revamped it.
>>
>>1502009
I also had all 5*. The only reason you had 160 was because you finished those missions that gives Data Bank exp. The ones where you need to level resonators, weapons and echos and all that other shit. You also lost exp and only kept the 160 exp from the mission rewards.
>>
>>1502018
Oh, well then. Then it's probably just a rebalancing of the EXP rates considering they introduced like eight or something new Echoes into the mix.
>>
So tempted to roll for Jinshi. I love women with white/silvery hair. But I know I should save my rolls for the next loli resonator.
>>
>>1492727
Why is this game so boring? Legit asking. Gatcha seems ok (better than Genshin imho, I've had some decent pulls even just starting), but it's just... uninteresting, and I can't quite figure out why, beyond the world seeming more depressing than Genshin and the story seeming convoluted
>>
>>1502802
???
There's barely any story. How is it convoluted? It's 1.1, I don't expect it to compete with a 10 year old game that had years to expand the story.
>>
>>1502802
Why do you find it boring? I can kind of understand if you're not gelling with the enemy designs because I've seen people call them MMO enemy designs but thinking of them like a take on BTs makes it make so much more sense and works for me. The world is essentially anime Death Stranding just without Timefall, and it only really feels boring in the Exploration Quests because it's the World Quests of Genshin without understanding why they work or why the impact of actually helping these people and locations feels good.

Right now they're still setting stuff up so the story only picks up around act 3 but in reality it's more like act 5. After that point they started to figure out how they're doing it and act 7 is a good sign they've got some idea of what they want out of the world, characters, and story now.

Early game is easy and slow so also keep that in mind. You don't have Echoes, you won't really grasp using Echos in your rotation yet since the 1s are pretty weak or have lame effects, and the game doesn't encourage you to swap much until you're like in your 50s. Genshin was the exact same way where elemental reactions don't really matter at all until Inazuma and when you hit the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>1502805
In the same way Chinese movies are (not all, and they've been getting better).
>>1502810
that's what I'm trying to figure out lol. I basically came blind into the game (especially after not playing any in a while), so my expectations weren't high to begin with. I think I'm enjoying the combat more than w/ Genshin, too, got
Calcharo from one of the pulls (whom I didn't want, but ended up enjoying), I like the characters for the most part (both w/ combat, design, etc), echoes and their role seem interesting, yet I'm not really enjoying it. There's many similarities with Genshin including mechanics, but I usually don't mind well-done similar games/clones, especially if I've enjoyed similar things previously (and the bad sides of it are expected like w/ gatcha, limits, etc)
Beyond it, the things I've disliked is the setting, but it's not that bad/has good moments, the story which for whatever reason feels convoluted, kinda like it was made to fit the game (and is fairly bland at that), rather than being organic. Enemies aren't that bad either, I've played enough mmos that I don't mind. I think it's probably just the setting/story combination, especially as this (like Genshin) is fairly story-heavy.
>>
>>1502822
Like I said, the story takes forever to get moving. Acts 1 and 2 are terrible. Act 3 is an exposition chapter with one of the best characters in the game. Act 4 is boring. Acts 5 onward are solid.
For me the setting is great because it's anime Death Stranding. The world is trying to fight off their equivalent of BTs because the TDs can appear anywhere, they constantly have Threnodians spawning, the bootleg Fatui (Fractsidus) are doing stuff in the background that they do a really bad job making you think is a bad thing, the Court of Savantae are basically the Dwemer, and it's cool to see this fairly technologically superior world failing to hold off TDs even with magic on their side.
>>
How much handholding is too much handholding? Following the yellow dot on autopilot while the characters say nonsense put me to sleep. I think I turned off in the middle of an enemy respawn point but oh well.
>>
File: Ooh, shiny.jpg (576 KB, 1344x1512)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
Found the two shinies they added this patch just doing the event within a few minutes of each other. I think they only spawn after you've cleared the story because I didn't see them in either of these spots before I finished it. The liger is at the red tree area, the ice baby is at the bottom-left.
>>
>play at 4k 30fps, goes smooth and looks great but I get constant crashes, bsods and freezes, still don't know how to fix it
>play at 1440p any fps and it's always choppy as hell, even 30fps for some reason
>play at 1080p but looks like shit on a 4k tv
I'm getting tired, bros. I love the game, but these issues are really testing my patience.
I really wanted this game to release on playstation on day one.
>>
feels great owning a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 phone and a high end PC
>>
>>1504536
i dont need a fancy new phone
but i am happy that i saved up enough for a high end pc
>>
>>1504486
this game is weird man
it's really stable bug free at 1080p 60fps but super jank at other res
>>
File: Nice framerate.jpg (438 KB, 1920x1080)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>1504774
>it's really stable bug free at 1080p 60fps
The newest patch isn't for me. I went from fairly stable to unplayable if it ever decides to drop the framerate past the 50s since it'll either go to a very unstable 30s or single digits. Picture related has been happening to me every once in a while and requires a game restart several times before it goes away, sometimes even a full computer restart for whatever reason. Wasn't doing this in 1.0. It even drops my ping to the 100-400 range when I'm typically 20-30.

I've reinstalled my drivers several times to see if that fixes it and closed my web browser when playing and neither did. You can see the game isn't even utilizing my CPU or GPU fully so this shouldn't be happening.
>>
>>1504873
the hell?
ive been playing for 6 hours nonstop and found no bug or fps drop whatsoever
my PC isn't even high end
ryzen 5 2600, 1650s, winblows 10,game is installed on nvme ssd
>>
>>1504992
I've got a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 3070. I play with everything maxed, DLSS Quality presets on, and it runs at 60 no problem, but when it drops it loves to drop to 40 or lower and when it drops lower it's as you can see in the screenshot and it never recovers once it does. Changing the graphical settings does nothing and it actually performs worse if I'm not using the ini tweaks for mid/high end systems where I'm getting unplayable stutters if I turn on Shadowplay for Instant Replay. With the ini tweaks on it runs just fine with Shadowplay.
>>
>>1504873
this reminds me of some weird bugs with xbox controller that causing some fps drops with wireless connection
try playing with kb/m and unplug the controller I guess?
>>
>>1504993
Swapping CPU to a 5700X3D fixed it for me.
>>
>>1504992
The thing with this game is that it causes extremely niche issues in each PCs that doesn't work completely fine
I guess it's a true case of spaghetti code
>>
Is this game good?
Whats better/worse compared to genshin?
>>
>>1506160
>Is this game good?
I went over stuff >>1499574 if you want to read through it.
>Whats better/worse compared to genshin?
>Better
Bosses respawn while you're still in the arena instead of forcing you to fast travel at least half an area away and then back.
Instant party swap menu.
Running up walls is infinitely better than the BotW climbing.
You can aerial dodge for even more height.
It has the BotW momentum when in the air and on a glider so you will fall forward instead of straight down.
Instead of talent books you upgrade using weapon upgrade materials. So they're used for talents, weapons, and ascensions.
Echoes flow like water compared to artifacts since they randomly drop from enemies in the overworld and it's super easy to get main stats to roll with. Even boss Echoes are super easy to farm.
Boss fights are so much more fun and involved.
You get a lot more Astrite from chests and there's about the same amount of chests in an area as in Genshin.
Standard banner is split between characters and weapons so you can always just funnel your pulls into weapons and when you lose a 50/50 on the limited banner get the characters.
You can lock-in what standard character/weapons you want on the standard banner and even if you change it it won't wipe your pity.
80 pulls for a guarantee but we don't know if there's a soft pity.
Weapon banner is 80 pulls, is a guarantee at 80 pulls for what you're pulling for, and pity rolls over.
>Worse
When merging weapons you can only do one at a time.
Running up walls means you very quickly can traverse areas so the areas seem smaller as a whole.
Upgrading Echoes takes so many materials compared to artifacts though you only really need 2-3/5 good substats for it to be worth it.
The Tower of Adversity (Spiral Abyss) is even less fun than going to the SA mines.
The system overall not having elemental reactions means that it's going to be very hard for them not to power creep.
Many characters right now are unviable.
>>
>>1506170
Thanks anon for the thorough explaination
>>
>>1506170
Disclaimer: I don't play wuwa
What scares me about picking up this game is the fact that you can endlessly farm echoes.
This creates a disparity between players who invest a ton of time and those who don't, and kind of subverts the point of having a stamina system to begin with. How will they balance the difficult parts of the game when there's such a large stat gap between a casual and more hardcore player?
Plus the large amount of substats.. and even echoes with 2 mainstats makes it feel like it'll be a nightmare to get anything good.

"But it's a singleplayer game!"
Yes but there's limited-time rewards locked behind the endgame mode, and it'll definitely be getting harder over time.
>>
>>1506539
want to clear all end game content with shilled fotm character buff on the tower?
go autistic hardcore, clear the map everyday, go to multiplayer clearing the map again

wanna go easy? use whatever echo you find and content with not perfect 30/30 score tower but you definitely can clear 90% of it doing casually

it is what it is, the people that have more playtime gonna have better chance of getting good echoes naturally, cant expect to get the same result if you don't grind the game

as for me, I'm going casual, logging in just to spend the stamina and weeklies, playing the overworld when I have the mood, and I can still get 24/30 score on the tower
its not a race and not even pvp so idk, fix your fomo mentality, its dangerous in this day and age, since corporations will easily take the money of fomofaggots with their psychological manipulation
>>
File: eventechopick.jpg (65 KB, 549x812)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1506539
I think its a legitimate concern most people have but they tend to forget that Echoes are essentially the endgame grind loop (which you arent by any means forced to participate in).
Its the thing you dump your stamina in because your weapons/skill level/character level are maxed.
It also costs exp/mats to gear your echoes. Someone who endlessly farms will not have an endless supply of materials to gear those echoes but instead either have to whale or wait out the daily AP points to run the echo exp dungeon.
Like that other anon mention you absolutely can clear majority of all content without minmax autism substat echoes.
The second line of the mainstat is fixed but yes the first line has some variables to it.
Events do give a choice ticket however so casually in the long run you will get a correct mainstat set.
Remember anon if you arent racing but driving around to sight see theres no need to feel envious or left out by others zooming by.
Just take your time and enjoy whatever aspect of the game you might like. Which will bring me to a small piece of advice.
Give yourself about an hour or so and see if you like the combat. If you cant stomach the combat system I fell that you'll end up uninstalling eventually.
In no means am I downplaying any other expects of the game but just like how TOFs niche was its multiplayer, Wuwas niche is its combat.
Anyway give it a try (or dont im no shill) and like the other anon mention try to reign in that fomo. The scummy tactics will get you to swipe so casually that you will regret it down the line.
>>
>>1506539
Don't fall into the trap of farming investment just to roll characters so you can farm and repeat the process.
>>
>>1506587
I love Abby, I protect Abby
>>
>>1506160
In my opinion it is better than Genshin, but I am a casual player.

Pros:
The plot, nothing special but the main quest for now is not only dialogues but also gameplay. Act VI of Huanglong is really nice to play.
The characters are not bad although I would prefer Rover to be more talkative.
Combat system, great, the only enemies that create problems for me are those that are too fast or flying or both.
Exploration is fun thanks to the movement system, shame about the CD on the grappling hook.

Cons:
The useless and unfair 50/50 for the characters.
Stamina system (resin, trailblazer power, etc.) that recharges over time instead of resetting once a day.
Farming similar to that of genshin.
NPC that talk too much.
Artistic direction of the characters and the setting. Some characters, especially 4* are bland as well as many explorable areas are monotonous.

Pros/Cons:
It doesn't have the same magnetism that Genshin has so leaving it isn't that difficult. I left shortly after the launch and only started playing again with the new update and if I had to leave it again I wouldn't have any problems.
>>
>>1506539
>How will they balance the difficult parts of the game when there's such a large stat gap between a casual and more hardcore player?
Same as Genshin. They aim for the lower tier players while the higher tiers have autism-offs with speedrunning it. We're also currently at a point where no one is 90 yet so we don't know the true extent of the Tower of Adversity, but if a 70 can clear a fair bit of it I'm sure a 90 won't have that many issues. Same deal with the holograms and the holograms are only there if you want some achievements, they're not even there for anything other than achievements. You only need like 6ish characters built at all to deal with the whole ToA.
>Plus the large amount of substats.. and even echoes with 2 mainstats makes it feel like it'll be a nightmare to get anything good.
2 and 3 good substats are extremely easy to get. I have only had a single Echo get 1 good susbstat in about 20ish Echoes taken to 25 and revealed their substats, the rest have had anywhere from 2-4. Unless you're the type of person who drops the Echo when you get two flat rolls immediately this shouldn't be a problem because I'm pretty sure it's guaranteed at least one % in the five substats.
As I said, getting boss Echoes is a joke. If you farm the Bell-Borne Geochelone for an hour you're pretty much guaranteed at least some sort of Healing variant with CD or CR, and even if it's not good it'll still be worth keeping until you get a better version.
You get so many 3s and 1s from exploring (And you should be running 4/3/3/1/1) that it's trivial to have something with element % or ATK % by the time you clear out JInzhou let alone not-Dragonspine.

You're thinking this is like Diablo or something when it's not. You don't need perfect substats. Even in Genshin you can get completely ass artifacts and still roll with them for everything but the Spiral Abyss while in the SA you only need like two or three artifacts with good substats and the other two can be 0s.
>>
We will have our own Summer event, right?
>>
>>1506811
Sexy skins is the only chance Kuro has to beat genshin
>>
>>1506815
How's their skin game in PGR?
>>
>>1506823
Nothing too lewd but there's some pretty stuff
>>
>>1506815
the latest half-naked hebe with tanlines reveal mogs anything kuro has put out so far
>>
File: GRudISbbMAAFPYn.png (597 KB, 664x539)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
>>1506903
Sure
>>
>>1506959
>not an actual dark skin nigger
why mihoyo so racist bros?
shaking and crying rn
>>
>>1506903
>>1506959
Safest design I've ever seen in my life. Feral 21 mogs this and I don't even think that's a particularly good design.
>>
>>1506676
>CD on the grappling hook.
Exploring the garbage open world would be a lot more fun if they just let people spiderman through it.
>>
>>1506676
>>1507098
The grappling having CD it's because it can be used in combat too
For example, go dragon mode with Jinhsi and immediately use the hook to elevate yourself even higher and now you can spam normal attacks while not getting hit at all

Getting rid of the CD would make the combat more trivial, although I would like for them to reduce it, maybe to 10 or 8 seconds? I would send it in the next survey
>>
>>1507177
Meant for >>1507167
My bad
>>
File: GRPOG1YbsAA4cyj.jpg (560 KB, 1639x1637)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>1506823
CN server like all the other omnislop is getting desperate to be the next Nikke. Wait a year in global.
>>
File: tork69l5oir91.jpg (256 KB, 1180x2160)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>1506903
>>1506959
WuWa is garbage. Kuro has done better.
Not THAT much better. But their majority NPC Indians still mog all of Sumeru and Natlan.
>>
Wonder how they’ll keep character teams interesting in the future. There’s not much for them to attach effects too other than Outro, no?

The fact that the “Simulated Universe” only allows a solo entry shows that they don’t care that much about team compositions.
>>
>>1507211
Fortes will be just as important. A lot of Yilin's dmg happens off-field through her forte. Other characters will have similar stuff.
>>
>>1507211
It's more that the roguelike mode is entirely about buffing one single character to the moon and having fun from that aspect. That's why that mode is so fun.
>>
>>1507211
It's inspired by HI3rd's. It's more work than just doing it the SR or ZZZ way, but WAY better if you ask me. Every char playable has their own special gimmicks, changing how they play.
>>
>>1507211
>aerial combat
>phantom combat
>hybrid combat
There so much cool shit Kuro could pull off since they have a great base to work with.
Jinhsi and Changli are already a taste of what they can do and they're just the 1.1 characters.
>>
cant believe how strong Baizhi is in the Illusive Realm
>>
>everyone mocks him on release saying he's shit
>he's now part of one of the strongest teams
Yuanwuchads keep winning
>>
An Akira collab would be cool, just imagine male Rover with a Kaneda skin and giving him an idle animation of him shooting stuff with that laser cannon and having Kaneda's motorcycle as a mount when you travel.
>>
>>1508447
I feel that they will go the Genshin route and keep the in-game collabs as low as possible.
>>
>>1508450

Eh, that's cool also. I would have spent like $20 or maybe $30 on the Akira skins, Kaneda and bike skins and all, even with weapon skins. But after I buy some CoD points with the double CoD points event in Call of Duty Mobile, I plan on buying some Mobile games like Dungeon's and Dragon's Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance which is in the Google Play store. Saves me the trouble of having to buy a used version for more than $20.
>>
>>1508496

Forgot about the battle pass. Has anyone bought and completed the battle pass?
>>
>>1508499
I nearly finished it last patch even with a one or two week later start and their +10 levels from ending the patch early.
>>
>>1508502

Is the Battle pass worth the $10? Because if it isn't, then I'm just going to buy another mobile game in addition to Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.
>>
>>1508522
Only for the Crit Rate weapons (So the Broadsword and Rectifier). The other three are pointless and in general the weapons might be completely pointless over just waiting for 5* standards since they're so easy to get.
>>
>>1508523

Already got the 5 star Sword and Pistols from spending free pulls and a bunch more astrite before the Union Level 45 free weapon choice award. If I buy the Battle Pass, I'll probably grab the Rectifier or Gauntlet since I'm just waiting for Union Level 45 to grab the Broadsword.
>>
>>1492727

Finished act 7 today and made up my mind on who I'll get. Got 31 pity on the banner, and 54 pulls, and I'm on guaranteed, and i plan to get changli with them. I wished the two banners had some overlap so that i could dump pulls into jinhsi's banner after getting changli, but alas.
>>
File: 20240708_072346.jpg (306 KB, 1080x1920)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
Goddamnit.
She's so beautiful. I thought I could save for 1 patch considering I'm not interested in Xiangli Yao, but Zhenzhi ended up being my type of character.
>>
>>1508572
anon are you fat?
>>
>>1508572

This art stuff is starting to piss me off. It's bad enough I don't have any privacy and am constantly spied upon, but all the freaking faggots spying on me are constantly reminding me they are doing their art while I can't do shit.
>>
File: IMG_3310.jpg (146 KB, 754x900)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>1508572
ANY chance she’s a gun user? I know a 5* gunner would break the game, but hope for one is the only thing that keeps me going
>>
>>1508890
There's a reason the 5* gun is a support weapon
>>
File: IMG_3405.jpg (1.08 MB, 2894x4093)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
>>1508926
Even the worst 4* gunners solo all content easily, and they’re all supports
>>
>>1508948
Chixia is clearly labeled as DPS

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.