[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: File.png (13 KB, 1453x858)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
New thread to discuss your adventures and misadventures in the latest update!

Previous Thread: >>56130628
>>
too many customization options desu.
never feels like I'm playing "right".
>>
>>56158244
The preset difficulty options exist for a reason.
>>
>have flutter mane, chien-pao, and miraidon
>horrible TM luck, shit coverage but strong stabs
>last e4
>job to Rika because the game completely refused to give me any water or flying types for the entirety of the elite four
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 464x456)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>56158219
Oh hey that's my team
Little fella looks cute as a venonat too
>>
>100 (in game) hours in
>still refusing to not use shitmons
>immediately forfeiting when starter dies
>haven't made it past e4
I feel like I'm much worse at v2 than v1 for some reason, but damn if it isn't perhaps my favorite game of all time
>>
File: 1713601513758871.jpg (23 KB, 480x589)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Straight up thought I ran into some fakemon designs but it was just some gen8 stuff I have never seen before.
I'm out of the loop.
>>
>>56158413
I'm going to be so fucking lost when I enter gen 7+
>>
reminder:
>postgame do a run with max strength charms despite achievements and quests being disabled
>after the run all the mons you caught on it will be in your safari
>they will all have perfect ivs
have fun running!
>>
i'm currently trying to do the full rainbow + dynamax quests at the same time and its kind of kicking my ass desu. dynamax is so fucking swingy lol
>>
>unique Squirtle with Volt Absorb, Quiver Dance and Baneful Bunker
Neat.
>>
>>56158495
That sounds fucked.
>>
>level25 cap after first gym
>rival has palkia
this is dogshit. much worse than 1.0.
>>
>>56158686
in no world is 1.0 better in any way
>>
>>56158686
It's only like that if you bring a legendary in with you or are playing on a very high difficulty.
>>
>>56158696
it wasnt the highest difficulty and I had no legendary.
>>
>>56158706
skill issue
>>
>>56158706
Pranked
>>
>>56158686
Genuinely lmao. I've seen Rocket Scientists carrying Dialga like a Rattata post Gym Battles, but seeing a legendary that early is terribly unlucky. Are you playing on Brutal or what?
>>
>>56158723
>>56153417
>>
>>56158723
it wasnt brutal it was one difficulty below that.
>>
>>56158729
kek
>>
>>56158738
Makes sense then. Shit like that can happen on Hard+
>>
File: file.png (351 KB, 400x400)
351 KB
351 KB PNG
>>56158686
a skilled metapod can beat any palkia
>>
>>56158786
A /vp/ Hell original
>>
>>56158786
thought this was the two giant statues in naruto from the thumbnail
>>
this is a warning about flint's mega houndoom
>perma sun
>gets 1.5x spA from it
>will sneak in nasty plots
>fire blast does 90 damage to a +6 spiritomb ( 262 special defense out of combat)
fucking insane, his flareon hits hard as hell too
>>
File: file.png (45 KB, 1453x891)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
>>56158959
and that's the end of my monotype run :^)
>>
So far my only complaint about 2.0 is that I'm not guaranteed to find a shiny I caught in the Safari Zone. My shiny Iron Throns is gone forever and I can't get the shiny Bayleef I caught as a shiny Chikorita in my dex
>>
>>56158933
Same
>>
>>56159099
The safari is a bit bugged with shinies, especially when you catch them when your party is already full.
>>
are the hard quest reward shinies exotic pokemon or just regular shinies
>>
>Chain 32 Bonsly
>Still no shiny
Am I missing something or?
>>
>>56158413
Similar feeling here. I haven't touched Scarlet/Violet and some of these designs are terrible.
I do like this sushi dragon but I also resent it because if this thing was created in Gen 5 or earlier it would lose the Dragon typing and its Sp att base stat would be halved.
>>
>>56159569
use one of the shiny pokeblocks you got as a quest reward and then just stand until you hear the shiny noise. It shouldn't take long
>>
>>56159569
just keep going, took me 65 and 53 earlier
>>
>>56158686
you're lying, unless you're playing on Hard/Brutal or your starter/daycare has legendaries which enables the "enemies with early legendaries" flag
>>
>>56158686
you're lying, unless you're playing on Normal/Hard/Brutal or your starter/daycare has legendaries which enables the "enemies with early legendaries" flag
>>
YOU'RE LYING! Dumbledore roared in a quiet whisper, the words echoing down the halls of Hogwarts.
>>
Am I missing something with field moves. I unlocked up until the Golden whistle from that gimp clown in the park but I can't do any field moves when I'm in a run
>>
>>56159864
Every Pokémon can do rock smash and cut, but you need specific ones for surfing and climbing. Check the dex.
>>
Explain to me how this safari zone is better than 1.0 pls

Am I to understand that if I've caught 300 Pokemon they're all going to be appearing in this one little patch?
>>
>>56159884
it's not, it's pretty much an objective downgrade.
>>
Wanna start a run with Aerodactyl but I hate inaccurate moves. Any thoughts on a set I should aim for? Non mega
>>
>>56159916
>physical rock/flying
just accept that you're going to need inaccurate moves and pack a wide lens.
>>
>>56159916
X accuracies!
>>
>>56159884
It's only "better" in the sense that you get the exact pomemon you got on a run, so you can get all your "bros". It's much worse in the sense that you can't grind for better or multiple of specific pokemon. Oh, and interesting pokeballs costing an arm and a leg. Overall I like it better because I spend less time in it
>>
Beat the final run. Overall this is leaps and bounds above 1.0 in basically every way. This really feels like it's transcended what I thought possible for the GBA to handle and completing every main quest was a lot of fun that took me quite a while. I'll probably come back from time to time to knock out some challenges - I doubt I'll ever complete them all because there are a lot and some of them are just ridiculous, but I'm super satisfied with my playthough. This has probably dethroned unbound as my favorite rom hack, even if it's radically different in structure.
>>
>>56160278
also absolutely blows pokerogue out of the water, absurd how much better of an experience this is in basically every way
>>
File: 1702257796159510.gif (285 KB, 600x600)
285 KB
285 KB GIF
>Rival fights after Gym 5
Terrifying.
>>
>>56159569
Shiny chances cap at a chain of 48 or 24 w/ shiny pokeblock
>>
>starters generally suck ass because they're weak (Johto, Sinnoh) need TMs or other investment (Serperior, Swampert) or don't suit the format (Blaziken)
>Charmander gets Dragonbreath at level 15
>Charizard gets a bunch of good lvl 1 moves on evolution
>2 megas and a G-Max form
I'm sure the Gen 6+ ones have some dumb shit they can do too, but GameFreak really did my bros dirty.
>>
Tried hard mode. Second Gym swept me with a pyroar using echoed voice. Am I bad?
>>
>>56160557
can't you just tutor leaf storm onto snivy since it's a TM? either way, contrary serp is definitely worth using in a game like this where the enemy won't just go hard to something like heatran.
blaziken is also pretty auto-win with speed boost + swords dance/bulk up + baton pass. would much rather have blaziken than charizard, no doubt about it.
>>
>>56158219
Yeah, no, I'm done with this game. Not really tired with it and definitely could see myself playing more, but I just don't see the point anymore.
>>
>>56160658
How come, my man?
>>
>>56158219
I thought it was a good game before already but this update is amazing. The only gripe I have with it is that pokemon who get their best moves through levels, breeding and tutors are so much better/easier to use early than those who need TMs, which I feel was much more balanced before the update in terms of cost and availability.
>>
>>56160619
nah i still haven't gotten past the sixth gym on normal
i kinda regret turning on diverse trainer mons but my git gut autism won't let me turn it off
>>
>>56160926
yeah, the TM system is pretty damn shit in this game. it really doesn't help that the TRs are random generated so 95% of the time they're completely useless trash moves or fucking signature moves that you will never actually be able to teach to anything.
wow, i got a TR for fucking burning bulwark, a move that literally one pokemon in the entire game can learn AND it's already a level-up move for that pokemon? amazing! totally worth it!
i've done like 40 runs so far and i can count the times i've used TRs on one fucking hand. they're not just bad, they're actively harmful because they can select tutor moves and then that tutor move is only available by TR for that run so go fuck yourself you won't be able to access it until endgame.
>>
>>56160715
I just don't really think I'm making any kind of progression anymore and the amount of grinding I'd need to do to get enough enjoyment would be too time consuming.
>>
>>56161037
>durr the game isn't enough of a skinner box for me, i literally cannot enjoy it without small incremental upgrades every so often
i hate progressionfags so fucking much. genuinely kill yourself.
>>
>>56160991
>they're not just bad, they're actively harmful because they can select tutor moves and then that tutor move is only available by TR for that run so go fuck yourself you won't be able to access it until endgame.
Personally I don't dislike that part, I guess the idea is to add some randomness since you can't be sure if you'd rather visit a battle prep shop or market, which I think is nice. But I really don't understand why all tutor moves (minus the random TR ones) are available from the start (at least so far it seemed that way to me) and for relatively cheap while the TM selection seems randomized on top of being extremely expensive for early-mid game, especially when the previous version made an effort to only make more/stronger tutor moves and TMs available to you bit by bit with further progression. That balance seems completely gone now, which is a bummer.
>>
>>56161223
i think the worst part of it is that mart stops are still completely dogshit. if you're playing well you won't need pokeballs or healing items, so all they're really good for is TMs... which for the most part totally suck. even entering a mart rest stop means giving up a battle prep, or a daycare, or anything else actually useful to roll the dice on MAYBE having the right TM available out of the insanely fuckhuge pool. and then of course they're insanely overpriced because they're reusable now, even though teaching every single pokemon on your team swords dance is a terrible idea.
>>
>>56161262
>>56160991
Battle prep shop definitely needs a nerf imo
Locking you out of the majority of tutor moves in the beginning and giving you more (randomized) options with every badge was a good system, dunno why the dev changed it
>>
Just a warning to those who want to mess around with sandbox runs using charms, maybe be cautious with the saving charm. I only took it since I'm playing on my 3DS and don't have save states, but every time I reload a save the game just says I already reloaded it before and ends my run.
>>
>>56161043
Anon, you progress in literally every single game, what's your point? Eventually hitting a wall isn't fun for anyone.
>>
>>56161492
Don't worry about anon there, they hit the wall a long time ago
>>
>>56160291
Emerald Rogue feels like Pokémon condensed down without the bullshit while Pokerogue feels like it's exclusively bullshit. With even more bullshit added on like a gacha system
>>
>Koraidon and Miraidon can climb, surf and fly at max speed
Okay now this is based and so useful I'm even willing to ignore how ugly they are. Even better you can just put them on the gold whistle without actually bringing them into a run.
>>
Can you turn off level caps?
>>
>>56161803
Yes, it's an option under Edit Difficulty on the C-Gear. Can't go beyond 100 though if that's what you meant.
>>
File: 1720875181221.jpg (102 KB, 640x360)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>Sturdy
>Weakness Policy
>Stone Edge
>crit
>>
File: 1720877644703.gif (1.47 MB, 499x341)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>find Kyogre
>bring it down to 1 HP to end rage mode
>Kyogre used Double Edge!
>>
>>56162088
Doesn't exiting rage mode give them some HP back, like 15%? Guess that might still not be enough.
>>
>>56162130
It does, but that's only after the turn ends and apparently rage mode doesn't save the mon from recoil. It's not too tragic though since I managed to finish the run anyway.
>>
>Head into Rock Gym
>Laugh as Aurorus removes the permanent Sandstorm, right into my IronPress Corv
>It dynamaxes, as I set up, turning my head for a bit while I wait for the turn to end
>Come back to meet Corv at half hp
>"Must've been a crit"
>I set up again
>"Aurorus used Max Flare!"
> The run spirals out of control till I lose to the fucking 8th Gym shota.

WHAT. THE. FUCK. IT DOESN'T EVEN LEARN A FIRE TYPE MOVE???
>>
>>56162681
Uhhh bro Hidden Power Fire?
>>
>>56162700
Oh. Huh.
>>
any advice for gauntlet mode? it seems kinda bullshit to have to trudge through 14 full lv 100 teams without catching more pokemon
>>
this >>56162848 is me
volkner (gym 1) had an origin form palkia. I take it I just need to bring in all my legendaries and shit
>>
How can I chain shinnies? I need the building materials and I'm kind of stuck right now.
>>
File: zuFnKWf.png (16 KB, 1194x794)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>Tandemaus with a worse ability and a reskin of a move it already knows
incredible
>>
>>56162848
baton pass. just lead speed boost scolipede, swords dance, protect, baton pass to some fat motherfucker like iron hands, sweep.
>>
>>56162993
baton pass or just having a bulky mon steroid itself along with heal spam feels like the only viable, or at least consistent win strategy. pretty bummed out about it
>>
>>56162936
You kill a mon to build the chain until shiny spawns
>>
File: 1660968328718.png (155 KB, 976x850)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>catch a shiny poliwhirl for next run
>doesn't show up in safari
>>
File: 1633095521984.jpg (50 KB, 536x550)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
How the fuck do you get shinies in the hub?
>>
What's the best beginning mon? I've been trying for a while with technician scyther, but I'm not sure if there are better options.
>>
>>56163234
Scizor is my favorite pokemon so that's what I've been rocking and it's been pretty effective. I'm sure the best starting pokemon is some bullshit like iron valiant, though
>>
>>56163234
anything that snowballs is good. gyarados. scraggy. krookodile.
>>
just realized type pokeblocks reroll a pokemon on routes
>>
>>56162977
What menu is this? Is it in the Challenge building?
>>
Is the daycare worth it?
>>
>>56163234
baton pass is the easiest and most consistent strategy, so a good baton passer is probably the single best starter pokemon you can bring. there's lots of options there, like scolipede, polteageist, oricorio, etc.
>>
>>56163323
yes lol
>bring up to 3 of your chosen mons on a run + your starter + the cellphone service to get one of them at the start of a run
>>56163287
"secret passage" on the elm's lab area, you need to unlock. it's bill's lab. right south of elm's lab
>>
How does the Pkmn breeder work? Do you find eggs in the roads, as if they were items?
>>
>>56163781
You tell the man to look for an egg of a pokemon you've seen and he goes and automatically finds one overtime - easy way to get any (non-legendary) pokemon who you've seen
>>
How does Booster Energy work? My Roaring Moon is holding it but it never triggers
>>
>>56163781
make sure you upgrade him all the way, though, as initially he can only get eggs of pokemon you've already caught
>>
How does the adventure flag work?
>>
>>56164236
talk to peonia to have her "remember" a run's seed, and then when you raise the flag you'll just play through that same run again. It's apparently the best way to shiny hunt specific legendaries but I don't see much utility beyond that
>>
>>56164284
>talk to peonia to have her "remember" a run's seed, and then when you raise the flag you'll just play through that same run again.
Does that mean you can play a run over and over again? Wouldn't that be a massive advantage for the runs, knowing all's going to happen there?
>>
>>56164414
sure, that's what seeded runs are. not like this is a competitive format
you replay a seed because it was fun, because you want to see what you could've done better, or you pit players against each other on the same seed and see who does what
>>
>>56164414
I'm pretty sure challenges are disabled for these so it's not like "cheating" or anything
>>
>>56163925
Skill issue? It's worked on all of my paradox mons
>>
>>56163925
It's bugged
>>
>>56158219
You guys know how to get Ash-Greninja?
>>
Uppies?
>>
How long does an average run take?
I like Pokerogue because it usually takes you just 2 or 3 hours to get to Eternatus.
>>
>>56165646
It tends to take me a bit longer but Pokerogue also took me way longer than 3 hours so maybe I'm just slow. There's a lot less "filler" than Pokerogue, so, idk, try it out
>>
>>56165646
I play on 4x animation speed and my in-game time for most runs is about 2-2.5h
>>
>>56165063
I think there's a challenge that gives you one. The reward was a greninja and it didn't have the blue pokeball to signify it was exotic
>>
>More than 100 runs
>3 mons on the daycare
>can't beat the 5th gym.
I need to rethink my strategy.
>>
>>56165063
Play as Ash and catch a Greninja
>>
>>56166090
>Can't beat the 5th gym
>Despite using outside stuff like the daycare
Are you just extremely unlucky or playing on Hard?
>>
>>56166120
I'm playing on hard. Right now my team is:
-Eviolite Scyther
-Life orb Hawklucha
-Leftovers Aegislash
-Leftovers Dragonite
>>
does this hack run on a real gba with a flashcart?
>>
>>56166137
yep
>>
>>56166159
nice
>>
>>56165646
i use emulator speedup in battles so my runs generally take 1h-1.5h
>>
>>56166126
baton pass, my guy. if you're actually using the borderline-cheating daycare then it's a no-brainer.
slap gorebyss or something in there along with a good baton pass target like iron hands and then just fucking win.
>>
Does the daycare phone allow you to access the daycare from anywhere?
>>
>>56166488
yes, its almost as if you are carrying extra pokemon
>>
>>56166547
Is it worth to have it instead of just waiting for a daycare stop, though?
>>
>>56166381
>iron hands
I have a makuhita, how do I get a future hariyama?
>>
>>56166582
paradox mons aren't treated as legendaries so they can just spawn normally on routes, do runs locked to the paldea dex and you'll find lots.
>>
>>56166591
>do runs locked to the paldea dex
How?
>>
>>56166646
>open pokedex
>select paldea regional dex
>>
File: screencapfndefkbkjgfbre.png (11 KB, 1251x946)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>56166664
Anon, I cannot see anything in the pokedex, other than this.
>>
>>56166676
You need to beat the game at least ones for that.
>>
>>56166676
oh, maybe it's postgame only.
go hit the secret switch in the lab so you can activate postgame content, there's no reason not to.
>>
>>56166676
Or flip a secret switch in the Config Lab.
>>
>>56166680
>>56166690
>>56166692
Now I can, thanks. I wonder why this isn't just allowed in the regular mode instead than a postgame feature, you'd think having more mons available would make the runs more fun.
>>
>>56166576
uh.....yeah.
>>
>>56166749
yeah, i really don't know why the generation control is locked behind postgame. maybe it's a bit complex for some people, but it could still just default to gen 3.
>>
>>56163394
>"secret passage" on the elm's lab area, you need to unlock. it's bill's lab. right south of elm's lab
Wait what? I thought I had already unclocked all the areas in the hub.
Explain, please.
>>
>>56166882
unlock Elm's Lab
go to Bill's Lab
>>
>>56166882
You need to beat a Regional Style run.
>>
Anyone else have trouble getting Shedinja? I evolved Nincada with only three mons on my team and plenty of balls in my inventory, but only got Ninjask.
>>
File: 1691856409390592.jpg (99 KB, 1200x825)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>Oh neato it's the lab late in a run, I'll grab one of my fainted mons
>It was holding something
>It was a curse that increase enemy pokemon STAB dmg by 50%

Well that's the last time I ever use the lab, killed my run on the 8th gym.
>>
>>56167375
the new curses is pretty fucked, yeah. lab is essentially never worth taking and dark deals have zero worthwhile choices 90% of the time.
like oh cool i get better pokeballs... but enemy mons get fucking adaptability for free. or i get shed skin... but it shuffles items every battle so every strategy that relies on specific items is now completely unusable.
taking curses in exchange for literally anything but adaptability charm is basically just forfeiting your run with extra steps.
>>
>>56167375
sometimes the curse is something nonconsequential like caught pokemon are weaker, meaning lower ivs
and other times you get shit like enemy pokemon ignore stat boosts
>>
>Get a shiny
>Ruins my team comp for a different color pixel.
And I do it every time.
>>
>>56167393
They feel like just slightly too random to me. I got two adaptability charms in a run with one enemy shed skin and one lower catch rate curse, which felt like basically no downside at the end.
Maybe if it was like devil deals in Isaac where they "cost" a different amount? Tier the curses and show what tier of curse a lab or charm will give you so you can at least gauge how risky it is.
>>
>>56168143
i think you should just be able to purify curses somehow. like at the sacred ash shrines or or something
either that or just fucking tell you what bad curse you're going to get at a dark deal. i'd take most charms if i knew the curse wasn't going to be adaptability, unaware, or shuffle.
>>
How do you get more than one escape rope in the overworld? Rivals have costed me a lot of runs.
>>
dafuq how did I get this awful silver appearance with a Deoxys
>>
>>56168318
They become available for purchase after you clear the quest to use a rope to dodge your rival.
>>
>>56168462
>Doubles
Based
>>
>>56168462
In my experience Deoxys is one of the less painful Legendaries to get hit with early. That early movepool is not that hot.
>>
How do chains work when farming the same pokemon in a row at a honey tree?
>>
>>
>>56169668
Nice.
>>
Just for anyone doing the Strength Charm farming, on 2.0.0 you can still get unlocks for finishing runs even with the charms. Your party are added to your Pokemon Compendium, so all you have to do to update it is finish a regular run.
>>
>>56168462
You probably haven't downloaded the 2.01 update, the rivals in 2.0 base are kind of crazy sometimes
>>
>>56169668
What flash cart do you use? I've been using an EZ Cart Omega DE and had issues with freezing in 1.3. 2.0 has been basically flawless
>>
File: second win.png (71 KB, 1280x937)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Second win. Corv and Dragapult carried me from the E4 to the last fight. Scizor was just a backup plan, while Trev is just the random shitmon.
>>
>Not using any base stuff except random starter mons, bag space and overworld stuff like cut/strength/rock smash
>No items in combat
>Failed like 15 runs so far with my furthest being losing to Rival after the 8th gym

My autism compels me to play like this despite not being very good. I really need to stop using shitmons.
>>
>>56170669
you gotta let go of the pride until you win at least once, brother. the game is so much better once you enter post
>>
>>56170669
>>56170893
i say just have fun. fuck cheevos and elitists saying you must play a certain less fun to you way
>>
>>56170669
>No items in combat
ganbate, masochist-kun
>>
Lol my game bugged and I cant initiate gym fight
I can walk into the battle arena normally
talking to the leader does nothin
>>
>>56171471
quicksave and reload maybe?
>>
>>56171498
didnt think of that,
since i was just starting a run, and it was the first gym i reloaded
>>
File: 1718203680306283.jpg (419 KB, 1765x2500)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>56170893
>>56171085
>>56171204
>Doing well this run, turns out Comfey is extremely good.
>Lost count of the Gyms and forgot Steel was my last
>Go into 8th Gym steel with Comfey, Alcremie, Relicanth, Ludicolo, Tauros and Absol
>Limp out of it with only Alcremie and wipe to Karen

Whoops
>>
>>56171471
are you still on 2.0.0? I'm pretty sure that was one of the bugs fixed in 2.0.1
>>56171522
>that pic
exquisite taste
>>
>>56171788
indeed i need to update
>>
File: fuckingfinallyrogue2.0.png (30 KB, 1304x954)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Finally, after 180 attempts, I finally beat this. It took me quite a lot of attempts than 1.0, but it's done.
>>
Also, what's the postgame? achievement?
>>
>>56171900
>>56171907
Congratulations. The post game is basically more quests, dex unlock and gimmick unlocks like Mega's, Z-Moves etc.
>>
>>56171900
Niceeeeeeeee dude
>>
>>56171900
Gyarados is man's best friend
>>
>Finally reach E4
>First up is Will
>He has a Weavil so I lose 2 mons
So elite 4 teams don't stick to the type, neato.
>>
am i stupid or is there not a way to register a specific mon as a ride mon? like I don't like using poliwrath in playthroughs but I want to use it's swim/climb combo at anytime
>>
i still haven't even beaten my first regional challenge because i want to bring my bro with me to the hall of fame but mons with focus sash keep saying "no"
>>
>>56172414
Gold whistle, talk to the Zorua
>>
>>56172423
thanks, i sped through the dialogue the first time like the retard i am
>>
>>56172358
Gym leaders also don't stick to types sometimes. Giovanni has a fucking Fearow for some reason.
>>
>>56172419
Same, except it's not even my bro. I just weirdly latched on to jynx for some reason. Doing alola too, so it's a little harder. Which mon is your bro?
>>
>>56172419
You can bring out of region mons to the regional challenges?
>>
>>56172458
Couldn't you in the old game? I'm pretty sure they prevented you from evolving though.
>>
>>56172455
still on kanto. it's nice that a lot of the mons seem to be legal in a lot of the different challenge formats, so you can get a lot of mileage out of the guys you latch on to/the bajillions of shinies you'll inevitably get
>>
>>56172466
You can put evolved mons in the daycare so who cares if you can't evolve them?
>>
>>56172477
Oh whoops, missed where it said regional challenges. I'm still stuck on the first league challenge. Don't they have megas after the first challenge? If sashes are the problem why not use stealth rock?
>>
>>56172487
no idea about megas, i'm leaving those kinds of mechanics turned off for as long as i'm able, but daycaring a hazard setter's a great idea, thanks, especially since a rock type would cover his weaknesses
>>
gangs all here
>>
>>56172544
Looking... sharp guys
>>
>>56172544
peak pokemon right there
>>
>Champion Lance sends out Dialga
O-oh
>>
>>56172706
>>
>>56172706
>champian lance
I just had to deal with dialga against the first elite 4 guy
>>
>>
>Not Red
Huh
>>
on the route before the champion fight
should I reroll my entire team before the champ?
>>
Finally finished a run.
Was completely bailed out by finding Yveltal just before the first E4 fight.
MVP of this run was easily Tauros but of all things Relicanth was my #2, lost him to Lance sadly.
>>
>>56172822
just finished one too
yveltal seems fun with regenerator.
time to see if this game opens up or ends after the first run (pokerogue is still so disappointing)
>>
File: 1638914649871.gif (1.25 MB, 200x163)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB GIF
> Would you like to add a bit of randomness to your life?
> I get handed an E-Killer Arceus

Okay then
>>
During Region challenges, like Kanto for example. Will putting Eviolite on Tangela actually do something?
>>
>>56172997
I asked this question a week ago and was told yes. I slapped one on my Scyther for Kanto and it seemed to work correctly
>>
>>56173010
Thanks anon
>>
File: 1000004601.jpg (1.27 MB, 2675x1911)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
I have never seen these stairs on Mt Coronet before
>>
>pretty good run so far
>7 badges in
>Route with water comes up
>ok guess I'll try out poliwrath
>finishing up route and decide to go down the cycling road bit to get extra items
>accidentally hit side of bridge
>in water with no way on land or escape rope
Fuck. Am I softlocked? Do I really have to start over?
>>
File: 1705610561616042.gif (1.26 MB, 296x160)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>manaphy encounter
>high as fuck
>dont realize it's a roamer
>exotic mothim used bead of ruin boosted seed flare
>motherfuck.webp
>it lives with 1 pixel of hp left
>flees
>one gym later
>vaporeon died, desperate need of a water type
>manaphy encounter @ 1hp
>net ball
>critical capture sound
>ez_monay.mp3
>breaks at zero shakes
>flees
>mfw
>>
>Gengar used Destiny Bond!
>>
does terastallizing do anything other than changing your type? because npcs keep doing tera into a type they already have, so maybe I'm unaware of some other benefits
also, what's the best ride pokemon?
>>
>>56174164
If you Tera, you keep STAB on your original types. So if you're Normal/Flying and you Tera Fighting, you have STAB on 3 different types. If you Tera Flying, you get 2× damage on Flying (and still have 1.5× on Normal)
>>
>>56174164
Tera into a type you already were boosts your STAB from 1.5x to 2x. Essentially giving it Adaptability.
>>
>>56174164
also it's Poliwrath
>>
>>56174164
>>56174172
Actual best ride is the Raidons, they have max speed, surfing, climbing, flying. But Poliwrath is good enough and much easier to get.
>>
>>56169848
Does it work on 2.0.1?
>>
bump
>>
Fuck this game. 70 hours down the fucking drain. Constantly losing at least one Pokemon from rival/late gym/elite four fight because they have at least one guy that fully counters everything. The attacks with flinch that work on me every other turn. The amount of luck the AI has with secondary effects(stat lowering, status effects, etc.). The neverending barrage of crits hurled at me at higher levels that guarantee an otherwise impossible OHKOs, while mine occur almost exclusively at OHKOs. The misleading route names that won't even have the Pokemon of that type on it(WTF is Ryhorn at the "Chilly" route?!). The need to cheese the game with either busted Pokemon or Baton Pass shenanigans onto said busted mons, or have fun beating your head against the wall for counties hours because the game decided to go "fuck you". TMs and TRs with sky high prices that are mandatory for some Pokemon. I don't care anymore, I'm deleting this piece of shit for the peace of my mind.
>>
>>56175488
> The misleading route names that won't even have the Pokemon of that type on it(WTF is Ryhorn at the "Chilly" route?!)
there is at least one ice type on the matching route
>>
>>56175488
watchu doin there rhydon?
jus chillen, mane...
true, true...
>>
>>56175488
Skill issue
>>
>>56175488
>lead baton passer
>baton pass
>sweep
lmao
>>
>>56175488
>they have at least one guy that fully counters everything
team building issue
>flinch [...] crits hurled at me [...] mine occur almost exclusively at OHKOs.
confirmation bias
>The misleading route names that won't even have the Pokemon of that type on it
see >>56175523
>The need to cheese the game with either busted Pokemon or Baton Pass shenanigans onto said busted mons
im not sure what you define as a "busted pokemon", but you can win without baton pass
>TMs and TRs with sky high prices that are mandatory for some Pokemon
TRs are cheap and just reskinned tutor moves to keep things fresh. TMs are expensive because they are reusable. 20000 for infinite use EQ is fine
>I'm deleting this piece of shit for the peace of my mind
Are you going to go beat up on npcs with your overleveled starter in a mainline game to make yourself feel better?
>>
>>56175858
>20000 for infinite use EQ is fine
doesnt feel find when I am both trying to save for master ball & trying to farm long runs to earn progression to earn masterball that eq would help with
>>
>Roaming legendaries
HATE
>>
>>56176705
>pokeblock grind to catch them a second time
>>
>Doing Kanto Dex challenge
>7th gym Giovanni had a Raticate
Huh?
>>
>>56176757
I's just 20 pokeblocks.
You did buy the Yield+++ upgrade, right, anon?
>>
>>56176844
He also has a Fearow for some reason.
Also Sabrina is fucking me in the ass because there are no Dark Pokemon in Kanto.
>>
>>56176892
Yeah just lost to 8th gym Sabrina now.
My team is terrible for her and her Starmie has brightpowder, it dodged my Arcanine's extremespeed from finishing it off and now my run is dead.
>>
File: th-1464018066.jpg (28 KB, 474x266)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>doing usual grinding
>find my favorite legendary by chance
>it's immune to my only status move
>bring it down to out of enraged range
>doesn't stay in the dozens of balls i throw at it
>keeps increasing its stats between breaking out
>lose my key mons, down to two i catched to collect at the hub
>throw my 3 last Timer Balls at it
>pretends to have been caught but breaks out at the last moment, as if mocking me
>knock it out because i still had to buy an Ability Capsule for one of my mons before going back to the hub
>mfw wiped by the next gym leader, so i have to spend my hub money on it
>mfw i'll never know what IVs it had
I will see it again... r-right?
>>
Hey this isn't in the Kanto dex
>>
>>56177151
it's just some random child
>>
>>56177151
The Kanto Challenge and Dex are a fucking mess.
>Magnezone, Rhyperior and Magmortar are in but Toguekiss is not
>Baby Pokemon are in except Cleffa for some reason
>Regional forms are in for some reason. Even stuff like Alolan Raichu and Alolan Exeggutor
>But not the Hisui forms or the Paldean Tauros
>If you play hard mode the rival has a chance of having a legendary. Hood luck dealing with Mewtwo, and good luck dealing with him twice if you get Sabrina in the last gyms
>>
>>56177267
>Magnemite
Kanto mon
>Rhyhorn
Kanto mon
>Magmar
Kanto mon
>Togepi
Johto mon
>>
>>56177281
But their evolutions are not Kanto mons.
>>
So there's a pretty massive gap of difficulty between Normal - Hard.
How much of a jump is Hard-Brutal?
>>
>>56175488
>>56175814
>>56175858
Game is supposed to be fun. If you spend at most 70 hours with stress then it's fine to delete this game. I don't care about difficulty so I play on easy. You shouln't care about the advices of masochists that love to be confused for 3 turn in a row. There is a reason Nintendo is making fun mainline games and not these masochists.
>>
>>56177507
?
>>
File: 1699031839888237.jpg (100 KB, 1242x1241)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>56177099
>>mfw wiped by the next gym leader, so i have to spend my hub money on it
>>
>>56177938
Remembered I could buy the upgrade that lets you revisit your last run, and got my bro that way, not even sad about my other loses anymore.
I was never planning on getting it, but i really recommend the Flag upgrade for legendary catching retries.
>>
>>56178402
Niceeee
>>
>>56177507

>is retarded and plays badly, unable to beat baby mode
>game is difficult because of this
>instead of learning how any any mechanics works, calls game bad
>is proud of this

it's sad you exist.
>>
>Magic Bounce Magby
my new ace just dropped
>>
>>56178561
I'm not this >>56175488 anon. I just explain to them that if they don't have fun after 70 hours then it's fine to delete or stop playing this game. Game is supposed to be fun and you should stop playing it if you hate it for more than 10 hours. I'm not a masochist so I play on easy for fun. I think I understand this anon's >>56175488 pain when my team keep getting confused for more than 3 turns and my run is over on easy even early on.
>>
>>56178561
>is retarded and plays badly, unable to beat baby mode
Even people with experience in competitive scene have been saying that the average mode is quite difficult.
>>
>getting my ass kicked doing a chaos random run (wahey and wahey+ curse, random starter, have to full team randomise every time randoman shows up and have to do every gameshow)
>get an arceus right before a gym battle
>ghost type leader so i can't damage them
These bastards
>>
>>56159884
>Am I to understand that if I've caught 300 Pokemon they're all going to be appearing in this one little patch?
After a certain amount of ingame days, it seems that the ones you don't catch eventually disappear, so it never gets too bloated. Still testing with legendaries though, I want to leave one that I don't like much in the cave to rot but take out the rest just in case.
>>
>>56178947
Sure but that anon said he's playing on Easy.
>>
>Voltorb Flip
I've never touched this in the main games and I've never played this sort of game before, is there a trick to it or are you just flipping random tiles?
>>
>>56179534
the numbers mean something, like a zero on the bottom means a line is safe? but I don't bother learning more out of spite for the devs adding it.
you got quick stuff like who's that pokemon which is fun and simple, then you get the pace killer
>>
>>56179534
I looked up a guide to finally learn this game for Crystal Clear a little while ago, felt like I got a decent grip of it, but it's still cancer.
This website helps you cheat with it a bit
http://voltorbflip.com/
>>
>Champion fight
>miss four of my five available hydro pumps in a row
>fast forward a couple of pokemon
>cynthia with the manaphy
>tail glows on a switch
>outspeeds jolly staraptor
>dodges two bronzong hynosis
>barely lives tera boosted life orb psychic from zam
>zam lives the scald
>custap berry
>custap berry
>custap. berry.
Are you fucking kidding me? Why? I lost the run to this horseshit.
>>
>>56179527
If we're talking about this>>56175488 then no, I was playing on Average.
>>
Kanto dex run complete,
Gyarados feels like cheating, running like 3 of them at once with Waterfall/Crunch/Icefang/Dragon Dance is easy mode.
Slowbro was mvp though, Amnesia Leftovers Slack Off let him tank forever.

I didn't see any mistakes like Magnezone that other anons talked about in the thread during my runs. Well one of my runs one of the first trainers had a Tyrogue but that was it.
>>
As someone who's only played a couple of Pokemon games casually this romhack is stomping my balls, the only tactics I know of is having a fast sweeper and general type advantage
>>
>>56180311
There's no shame in swapping it to easy if you're struggling too much.
>>
>>56180311
Trial and error. Every enemy combo has an answer, but you need to consider it way earlier as you team build.
>>
>>56180311
Pokemon as a whole is 90% preparation, 10% execution. Emerald Rogue emphasizes this much further due to enemy teams being both randomized and competent, and unlike the vanilla games you're not guaranteed to be provided a counter to an upcoming gym battle so you need to improvise by being as flexible as possible on the way there.
>>
>>56180227
Gyarados will always be Gyarados, kek.
>>
>>56180593
Yeah, Gyarados has always been busted as fuck in Emerald Rogue, even back in v1.
>>
>>56180311
1. Get at least a single Escape Rope. Late game Rivals can be run crippling, letting you bleed out before death.
2. An Amulet Coin should be the first item you buy in the Hub. Money is insanely important. You can stop using it after the 4th/5th gym, depending on how strong your team is
3. If you're really desperate, using X items to setup and sweep is a must, especially on decently bulky Pokemon.
4. Always play around the crit and learn more about how general Trainer AI works(I personally got a really good grasp from watching PChal)
5. Never let your guard down.
>>
>>56180613
As I said, it's just trial and error. You can only improve by reacting to previous failures. Most of the time I lost a mon, I immediatly realized switching out a in specific turn would have easily countered the enemy strategy.
>>
so the sacred ash shrines are complete noobtraps, right? permanently losing a team slot for a single retry is fucking absurd, being down a mon from the get-go puts you at an insane disadvantage.
>>
>>56180667
Indeed. There's always a way out(unless you encounter a Dracovish)
>>
>>56180613
How do hell do you get an Escape Rope?
>>
>>56180727
find one
>>
>>56180727
Visit the Harlequin in the Hub and buy his upgrades until you get Fly, then you can use a Fly Pokemon to fly to the island in that area and the Escape Rope is on top of it
>>
>>56180727
I got one in a Team Hideout once iirc
>>
>>56180727
It can randomly show up on a map but to make them purchaseable from the shop you have to use it to skip a rival fight. The method >>56180754 brought up is how you get one from the town.
>>
>>56180784
How much are they?
Because the rivals really are a fucking nuisance.
>>
>>56180798
I forget the cost for the fly upgrade but a single rope from the shop is a steep 16k.
>>
>>56180818
The cost for fly is 25k. Because it's the next ability I have to buy.
I mean 16 is not that expensive. Compared to a Master Ball.
>>
File: IMG_20240717_183241428.jpg (1.57 MB, 1836x3264)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
First clear on normal. Post 8th gym rival deleted my tyranitar, hydreigon, and cresselia. Power herb xerneas and abusing items rolled over the e4 and champions. Had to sack a Politoed against Will to get past permanent psychic terrain Hatterene.
>>
>>56180684
Not always. Sometimes two or three mons are enough if they're insanely good. My first successful 2.0 run was because of sacred ash. My doubles Apotheosis flying mono run was only a win because of sacred ash.
>>
BUGFIX WHEN? I want Hisui Zorua
>>
>>56162681
>scoff at aurorus
>even though your corviknight lost half of its hp, you had it use iron defense a second time
>it ko's your corviknight after using max flare again
NTA but that was deserved for the hubris of yours, especially if the Aurorus still had the same shit typing and stats that ROM hacks seemingly don't bother to change.
>>
>>56159922
>rock/flying
Is it just more or do ROM hacks not seem to bother changing the typings of fossil Pokemon?
>>
I got my first hard mode clear this morning. I traded my whole team away to Mr. Randomman right before the champion, leaving Latias, Heracross, and Corviknight (deceased) at the day care. Then Aggron and Skarmory were new additions after the champion fight. I also caught a Groudon and a Regirock, but they died during the run.

Now I just need to win a gauntlet run and the final quest.
>>
>>56182047
Good shit
>>
>>56182047
Brutal when?
>>
>Finally beat Hard Mode Kaizo Ironmon and Roguelockeafter abusing save states just for the rewards
>Still takes over 4 hours
Fuck doing that ever again
>>
>tidy up
>population bomb hits x8+ times
>wipes my entire team
who asked for this to exist?
>>
>>56158219
bump
>>
>>56182754
I'm playing on my phone for the sheer convivence of it all and I tend to miss press a lot so I can't really talk about save states.
>>
>Gets a shiny of a pokemon I like
>Forfeits the run because I don't want to lose it.
The farthest I've gone was to the 3rd gym. HELP
>>
>>56184778
I don't think you need to do that. I lost a run with a shiny Omastar and a shiny Omanyte appeared in my hub.
>>
>>56184778
Are you stupid? Why would you not be able to catch it if you lose it? Forfeiting means losing it too.
>>
>>56184789
>I don't think you need to do that. I lost a run with a shiny Omastar and a shiny Omanyte appeared in my hub.

>Are you stupid? Why would you not be able to catch it if you lose it? Forfeiting means losing it too.

You mean it isn't permanent death? I thought it was like pokerouge where once it leaves your party or you replace it, it's gone for good. If I can continue on with the run without fear of it being erased forever then that's great to know.
>>
>>56184939
Just make a save state and keep playing. Check if it is still shiny when you go to catch it in the Safari Zone.
>>
>>56184845
I've lost pokemon I caught mid-run because I put them in the daycare instead of having them in my party when I wiped.
>>
>>56184939
Any Pokémon you caught during a run appears in the Safari Zone afterwards, weird glitches aside. And maybe the daycare, idk how that works
>>
>>56161302
Good point. The dev has made a bunch of smart choices, so I'm sure this could be addressed in a future update. IMO, TM/TR usage should be based on a "bandwidth" mechanic, so you can only assign so many at once.
>>
>>56184957
>>56185042
Thanks for the info I just checked it out and it indeed does work. I hope you all have a successful run soon.
>>
>Found shiny Pineco early, it selfdestructed
>Found a shiny Forretress, caught it
>10 minutes later find and catch a shiny Azumarill
Blessed run.
>>
>Doing good get's to the 4 gym with little problem
>It's bugsy
>Don't have type advantage but I do have good pokemon to fight him
>Hits every attack he needs to and never hits himself when confused
>I miss every attack I NEED to hit and I eventually get wiped by him
I swear that this game reads my input.
>>
File: 1709343806871860.jpg (109 KB, 1410x1076)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>7th Gym Chuck
>He has a Focus Sash Unburden Hitmonlee
>Proceeds to press Reversal 6 times and sweep me because I don't have a priority move or a ghost
>>
when my pinsir got got by a life orb stealth rock fire blast wigglytuff i decided i'd just rather learn xcom instead desu. not cut out for that shit
>>
>>56187358
should've set rocks, dummy.
>>
I've been playing it for like 3 weeks now and I only ever encountered 2 unique pokemon
>Gible with water absorb and spirit break
>Fire Oricorio with magma storm and recover (still dancer)
Is this good luck or bad luck?
>>
File: 123783466743.png (253 KB, 1920x1035)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
Oh n-
>>
Oh hey, revive actually works as long as you use it in a battle, cool
>>
>>56188273
You still have your Escape Rope, right?
... Right?
>>
>Pokemon faints during a gym battle
>Beat the guy
>Fainted pokemon still in my party
Huh? I thought fainted mons disappear
>>
>>56188406
Permadeath is a difficulty option.
>>
>>56188333
Where can I get Revives?
>>
>>56188459
Oh yeah I did drop it to easy so that explains it

>>56188551
Marts and I think you can find them as loot
>>
>>56188551
>>56188643
I have an inkling that revives might be easy mode only
>>
>>56188928
Revives exist only if permadeath is turned off, yeah.
>>
>>56188113
Speaking of, I just encountered my first unique mon. Voltorb with Grassy Glide + Moody.

I like Electrode so I'm gonna use it, shame that its attack stat is trash but Moody could be interesting.
>>
File: E_XoLqIXMAM7-GQ.jpg_large.jpg (257 KB, 2048x2048)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>56188928
You have a wot m8?
>>
>>56189414
What makes it a unique pokemon? Is it having a move it shouldn't know plus an ability is shouldn't have or is it more than that?
>>
>>56190672
That's pretty much it. You unlock them after doing a Regional Style challenge.
>>
File: 1691017338244899.jpg (31 KB, 376x411)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>got rhyhorn as my starter
>just unlocked pokemon riding
>you can't ride rhyorn
also i was initially disappointed by this mainly because i thought the first rideable pokemon you get in sun/moon was a rhyhorn but i looked it up before posting and it's actually a tauros, oops
>>
>>56190938
>i thought the first rideable pokemon you get in sun/moon was a rhyhorn
In X/Y, your mom is a former Rhyhorn racer, you get to walk outside the Rhyhorn race track, and there is a ridable Rhyhorn that moves incredibly slowly.
>>
I don't understand why the trainers are so easy. Do they get harder later in the run or something? The AI isn't very good and the mons are all super underleveled considering you hit cap after killing a single shitmon.
>>
How is playing this with HC nuzlocke rules?
>>
>>56175488
>verdant route
>doduo, spearow, tropius
I hate this game
>>
>>56191086
>Do they get harder later in the run or something?
Yes. Unless you're playing on Brutal, then they're hard right out the gate.
>>
>>56191096
So what's that actually entail, no items and 1 capture per route? Feel like everything else is built into the game.
>>
>>56191155
And Fresh Start + random starter so you aren't bringing in anything OP
>>
Who's making the new thread? I can't as I'm busy.
>>
Why did they replace the old safari zone with this new shit? I've caught over 100 Pokemon so if I want to catch the one I want in the safari I just have to walk around this tiny area and wait for it to appear? Am I missing something?
>>
>Light Ball Pikachu
>Raichu
Which is better?
I feel like late game Raichu is going to get oneshot anyway.
>>
Damn, 3rd Emerald Rogue thread in a row to hit bump limit, some /vp/ niggas actually do play mons
>>
>>56191311
>Why did they replace the old safari zone with this new shit?
The dev didn't like how the original safari zone was just a grindfest. I personally like it better because I get attached to my 1s and 0s and I'm spending less time in the hub overall
>>
>>56191408
>Damn, 3rd Emerald Rogue thread in a row to hit bump limit, some /vp/ niggas actually do play mons
Too bad as it might be the last for now because no one wants to make the new thread and I'm too busy to do it.
>>
>>56191790
I'm making one, I have to wait a couple more minutes to post a thread
>>
new bread
>>56191818
>>56191818
>>56191818
>>56191818
go go go

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.