[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1727921603139950.png (8 KB, 1165x813)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
LAST TIME:
>wagie tries out a romhack called sky blue, a game that aims to pay homage to dead and cancelled romhacks/fangames
>he thinks in it's current state it's a bit jank but likes the idea
>orevald tries it out but isn't too fond of it
>tiramisu beats unbound, might move on to desolation next
>orevald and I get through rekkles, a spanish game taking on a future johto
>it's full of soul but just as many bugs, if not more so, but it's an early beta
>mercury finishes poketale, regrets many aspects of his life
>I start to move on to pokemon infinity, a game with good visuals and gameplay, probably not story though

>What is this?
This is a thread where a bunch of autists come together and play shitty fangames. Join if you want.

>How do I join?
Just make a name and/or tripcode and start posting images.

>Archive
https://rentry.org/vp-Plays-Thread-Archive

>Fangame Bingo Card Generator
https://bingobaker.com/#6636f8a719381479
>>
if you're gonna play infinity be careful of using max speedup, have crashed twice in battle so far
>>
File: GutsGODS.webm (1.14 MB, 1024x768)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB WEBM
Kaizoxisters...we won
Pre status is actually really easy, pre mega took a bit more work (and a bit of referencing Yang's code for it), but it's a lot cleaner than my shitcode kaizo ring attempt, and it lets me control which form to mega into kek
>>56525230
Nice to see that wasn't fixed kek, that's why I stopped playing a couple years ago
>>
Okay, this better live up to the hype!

The art style already tells me I'm about to experience something lots of effort was poured into ...
>>
>>56525246
was thomas the tank engine your doing or is that just in the files for some reason kek
>>
File: file.png (88 KB, 588x956)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
>>56525257
That's the reborn devs kek, it's the first trainer in trainertext, so that's what I use to test shit
I imagine it came to be after the Techie Johnathan incident way back in E14 I think, hence the defeat dialogue
>>
File: early morning view.png (63 KB, 514x411)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
it's weird enjoying things like this when I know in around 10 minutes I'm gonna be angry
>>
I am friends with TWO hot famous girls? This game is immersion breaking as fuck.

Also, who started the trend of fan games starting on cruise ships that get blown up by the evil team?
>>
File: octaviusbros.png (23 KB, 514x411)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
it's probably just talking about irl healthcare but I'll take any chance to jab at empire
>>56525292
probably rejuv
>>
Just look at all these cute, utterly mediocre starter mons!

Split between Houndour and Phanpy. Probably Phanpy will hold up for the longest, soooo ....
>>
>already encountering resist berries and random trainer with custap berry
what the fuck, not even at the second professor's place
>>
>>56525344
hey don't disregard venipede, speed boost made him mvp in my run
>>
we've seen worse team names then this
>>
File: quantum mri machine.png (28 KB, 514x411)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
got my brain scanned, terminal brainrot from playing too much shitstones, no big surprise.
>>
I'm not sure if I'll continue Rekkles for now since despite the game seeming pretty soulful it also seems pretty short, anything on our radar? I remember hating Infinity because of the shitty "twist".
>>56525246
Holy kek.
>>56525344
You could punch in two passwords to get Eevee and Deino as starters as well.
>>
>>56525540
olympus, pantheon, bizarre, reloaded, light platinum looked a little interesting, not sure what else though
>>
>>56525603
I think I'll leave Bizarre up for a multi-playthrough since I imagine more folks would eventually play it, I'll probably try Olympus a bit since Pantheon seemed too "lol so randumd" for my tastes, Light Platinum I dunno, I heard a lot of people complaining about it on the download page about bugs, lack of a physical/special split and quite a few other things, also the game seems to be Brazilian as well, which says enough about it.
>>
Fangames are dead
Romhacks win
>>
>Olympus has an auto-updater function
>Said updater function is highly invasive and bricks extremely easy while trying to forcefully updater your game
Okay then.
>>56525778
There's very few actually good romhacks.
>>
got through echo ridge cave, would've been quicker if just healed my team before reaching the final trainer. no crashes since I only use speed up for traveling and after entering battle, hopefully that's more then just luck. gotta get some ore to fix some gadget, this fucker is forcing me to bother an old man (who might be an elite 4 if not just a gym leader) enjoying a festival to get a magic rock that is just everywhere.
>>
Enjoyed my first few hours so far, with a story that is ... pretty much what's expected from a fangame that has "EDGE" in its name basically.

>>56525348
>>56525540
Being the NPC I am, I picked Houndour.
But, yeah, thinking about it, Speed Boost Venipede has niche viability up until the lategame, while Houndoom becomes an outclasses shitmon fairly quickly. Oh well.
>>
>>56525778
>There's very few actually good romhacks.
namely?
>>
File: mr rime looking ass.png (28 KB, 514x411)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>level 15 shinx
>level 16 nidorina
>level 20 fearow
two attempts. he claimed this wasn't his gym team but gave me the badge anyway
>>
>get fly hm
>it actually works
take that fuckner
>>
Okay so Olympus' updater is completely fucking broken and essentially makes it impossible to actually play the game, lovely.
>>56525866
Clover and Odyssey are easily at the top for me, Unbound, Glazed and Gaia have their own respective issues but they have a lot of effort put into them, Gaia is also bound to get an update one of these days that I'm actually pretty interested in, there's a few others that escape me right now, I remember one romhack called Eclipse that seemed interesting but I think it got abandoned and there was also a pretty edgekino FireRed hack I played ages that also had some interesting stuff going for it like Team Rocket being an actual mafia and trying to kill the player a few times, pretty sure that also got abandoned.
>>
File: Puta mierda.gif (548 KB, 1282x992)
548 KB
548 KB GIF
Okay, nevermind, I am just being a retard, you can skip the auto-update.
The translation is garbage in the sense that half the game doesn't seem to be translated, I skipped the menu so I didn't check if it was Raizen's fault again, but the gimmick they're trying to set for this fangame seems interesting, kinda.
>>56525860
Houndour is pretty solid for pretty much the entire game, many of the beach starters fall horribly late game.
>>56525893
GG.
>>
File: joke about debt.png (36 KB, 514x411)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
so many of the fakemon I wanna use are either weak or doubly weak to fighting, if there's a fighting gym I'm toast
>>56525948
thanks bro. I might recommend the game to you when I'm done since gameplay wise it's pretty good
>>
File: Oh no MCbros.gif (564 KB, 1282x992)
564 KB
564 KB GIF
Power went out for a bit, because of course it did.
>Are you manlett/womanlett?
>>56525952
Noted, I tried a bit of Infinite a long while back but I got spoiled early about the twist and it really pissed me off. I might revisit it at some point.
>>
File: Of course it's here.gif (221 KB, 962x752)
221 KB
221 KB GIF
Of course there's a Light type, hopefully it's not as shitty as Empyrean's, but I have no doubt it will be.
>The Greek gods are straight up a thing in this game and Zeus is your uncle, who for whatever reason takes care of you
Are we Hades' kid? Poseidon didn't react to the MC in a familiar way.
>>
Ah okay so Poseidon is the MC's dad, can't wait to meet big bro Pegasus.
>>
>>56525990
The girl at least looks Greek
Why's the guy wearing an ancient Greek beanie
>>56525540
There's a few things we could play, doubt there's anything that's concretely good
In addition to what bunken said there's games like chaos in vesita or that projet DX game where you explore the multiverse
>check on voltsy since he's a good source for new fangame sloppa
>he's playing crimson and cobalt and azure
Oh no no no fangamexissies....
I don't think I can continue the schizo multiverse game today sadly
>>
>>56526011
Wonder if it's going to be some Percy Jackson type shit
>>
>random couple just gives me a regional squirtle
hope that changes based on what you choose, it'd suck for squirtlegods to get two
>>
File: Horsing around.gif (341 KB, 962x752)
341 KB
341 KB GIF
Someone in the family has the horses, guessing Hades owns Spectrier.
>>56526012
No clue, but yeah, the girl is at least wearing a toga, no clue why the male MC didn't go full Greek mode.
Noted as well.
>>56526015
I fucking hope not, but I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't.
>>
>>56526024
>even in the Greek god world, they still worship arceus
Kek
>>
>>56526024
Well technically all the horses should be Poseidon's since he created them
>>
File: Dad, the fuck.gif (153 KB, 962x752)
153 KB
153 KB GIF
>The sheepmon's cry is just a girl saying "mree"
>>56526028
It's bizarre because they said the gods are a thing here and the characters are named after them at least, but it's really up in the air if the MC's family are actually the Greek gods or not.
>>56526032
Oh yeah true, still confused as to why the Greek chose olive trees over them.
>>
File: Keep it in the family.gif (136 KB, 962x752)
136 KB
136 KB GIF
>Your sister is your rival
>You can name her
Oh also Zeus said it in Spanish that Light is weak to Ghost, Empyreanfags.....we're back.
I think I'm going with the phoenix starter, can't check the sprite files so I dunno how the starter are gonna turn out.
>>
File: Kek 3.gif (232 KB, 962x752)
232 KB
232 KB GIF
>Poseidon's lab assistant is down bad for him
>If you say he is married she says "with me, he just doesn't know it yet"
>>
File: Holy shit dad.gif (181 KB, 962x752)
181 KB
181 KB GIF
>>
>>56525824
There are 0 good fangames.
>>
File: keeps the red eyes.png (78 KB, 514x411)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
it hasn't been super useful but this might be my favorite hoothoot/noctowl regional, looks cool and dark/flying
>>
>>56526094
name some bad fangames
>>
Like I said earlier, the translation is really rough.
>Attack got translated to "stroke"
How do you fuck up this badly?
>>56526094
According to you.
>>
File: Kinda based.gif (203 KB, 962x752)
203 KB
203 KB GIF
>Don't get pokeballs in the lab
>Get wild encounter spam on the first town
>You can tell your sister to shut up
>>
Wasn't Sage's Grass starter a hummingbird as well? It's been ages since I played the game so I don't recall properly.
>>
File: press f.png (109 KB, 514x411)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
rose gold is also mentioned on a different stone
>>
>Half of the npcs won't shut up about Sinnoh
>Zeus despite being the king of the gods is apparently beneath Arceus
Also I might be reading it wrong, but apparently the game only goes up to badge two and this is definitely one of those spic fangames with terrible town design.
>>
File: Even here.gif (177 KB, 962x752)
177 KB
177 KB GIF
Speaking of Desolation........
>>
>Game suddenly starts throwing overtuned gank fights against the player on just the second route of the game
I hate that I've been giving up on so many games recently but this is really shit, I thought the whole Greek god thing would at least be sorta interesting, but this is really fucking dull and is going fucking nowhere, not to mention this game has a metric fuckload of issues on other areas as well, the broken updater, wild encounter spam being absurdly stupid too, I guess the silver lining is there were no crashes so far?
>>
>zangoose
>pawniard
>weavile
>scyther
>one full restore
three tries. the current story quest I'm on didn't mention getting the second badge, weirder is that it's in the same town I fought the old man in, but it works for me. the island this game takes place on loops on itself, great for shortcuts.
>>
>>56526264
maybe the other one is better? there is this one romhack that had a hell of a start to it
https://hack-haven.com/pokemon-eclat-pourpre/
>>
>>56526282
GG
I hope you're playing on your limited Marvel edition Deadpool and Wolverine asscheeks controllers, bub
>>
>>56526344
thanks bro, unfortunately I had to send mine out to get cleaned
>>
Does catching one 'form' of a pokemon normally give you the pokedex entry for all forms?
I get it for just color changes like Shellos but I've also gotten totally different types like a fire/rock Growlithe when I caught a normal one.
For reference the latest official game I played was Diamond.
>>
>>56526567
Yeah, if it's a form you get all dex entries of that number Pokemon when you catch it
>For reference the latest official game I played was Diamond.
You didn't miss much
>>
File: Spoiler Image (38 KB, 514x411)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
if the game had revealed it's "twist" at this moment I would've been glad, but it's actually acting like it was being subtle. even just the region's name is a big hint, it's frustrating. but sure I'm from a different time, out of place, samurai jack
>>
>>56526594
They could've just copied the plot from Link's Awakening
I can't think of any time that "twist" when used at an end of the story in a gotcha way has been done well
>>
Are the stat letter grades like EV preferences where they gain EVs from the high letters faster, or higher caps, or...? Game is Unbound.

>>56526579
Huh. Yet the Nidoran's are still separate because of their evolutions or just legacy reasons?
And yeah most stuff seems similar just the Fairy typing and a bunch of unfamiliar mons right now.
>>
>>56526676
ivs, some games use letter grades instead of traditional numbers for some reason
>>
>>56526676
Female/male nidoran don't share dex numbers, so they're actually entirely separate Pokemon, not alternate forms
>Are the stat letter grades like EV preferences where they gain EVs from the high letters faster, or higher caps, or...?
They're IVs
Basically for every stat a Pokemon has, they have an IV, individual values, that range from 0 to 31, this is innate to the Pokemon and can't be changed normally
You ideally want to be closer to 31, as the higher they are the better the stat is
The letter values are just IV grades. So S grade is 31, A+ is 27-29 IVs, so on to F which is 0 IVs
>>
his snorlax can oneshot my fighting type, noctowl had to take it down with foul play. the rival is definitely just here because it's a pokemon game, but it's not annoying like artie was. 2 tries
>>
File: heavy cloud.png (74 KB, 514x411)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
biggest pelipper I ever did see
>>
>triple triad
is that on the bingo card yet, it should be
>>
File: catgiraffe.png (52 KB, 514x411)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
better or worse then farigiraf
>>
>>56526680
Oh weird. So it's just a letter grade scaled for their 0-31 value?

>>56526693
Right, but I mean they should be the same if it was a modern pokemon, right? They're just separate because it was how they did it originally, but more modern ones they make 'forms'?
And thanks; just never seen the letter for IV thing, despite knowing what they are.
>>
>>56526103
All of them.
>>56526125
According to most of the Pokemon Players.
>>
>>56526942
I guess it's just because numbers would look kind of weird there and they couldn't make another Pokemon menu page to show the IVs easily
>but I mean they should be the same if it was a modern pokemon, right
Probably
Unown was the first Pokemon to properly have multiple forms, they probably quickly realized it would be a shitshow to have 28 different Pokemon with the same stats and everything kek
Then because this franchise is autistic about making changes to older Pokemon they never went back and "fixed" it
>>
>>
this took two tries, my pokemon were almost 10 levels lower then hers, debugged in some rare candy since I don't think there is a grinding spot. this game has been good at keeping my team leveled properly up until now, maybe I missed an area or something. stopping here for now, it's pretty fun and I'm looking forward to postgame since it says it's extensive, but the plot might as well not exist
>>
forgot to mention, I'm pretty sure this game has custom or at the very least underused move and status animations for almost every move, it's neat
>>
>>56526960
The most popular romhack (Radred is the most popular right?) has a psychic gym leader that lacks a single psychic pokemon or move (on hardcore mode).
>>
>remember that I never actually finished empire
>hop back in
>dollar store morty tells me to wander around the swamp
>go from there
I have absolutely no fucking clue what's going on
not only because of my extended break but also because I've just been holding down X and have not read more than a single line of dialogue from any character the entire time
final thoughts on empire:
it's dogshit
more specifically:
the gameplay(battles) itself isn't the worst thing ever but it's certainly bad in places
but when you compound the baffling and nonsensical battles with the terrible: story, mapping, trainer battles, 'gauntlets', money mechanics, etc. etc. etc. it compounds into a giant pile of garbage that I probably won't even consider ever doing a full playthrough of again (until the full release in 2055, trust the plan)
in short:
octavius should be institutionalized
>>
>>56527417
Hardcore mode is meant to be a challenge compared to normal pokemon games, which means rules must be broken.
>>
Torchic is probably the sole correct choice here, is it?
>>
>>56527483
>in short:
>octavius should be institutionalized
lmao

Yes, but shouldn't we all?
>>
>>56527483
Kek GG
Hopefully you can play a better game next time. Maybe Unbreakable Ties or Odyssey or something where the story doesnt cause a mental breakdown, haha..
>>56527705
Deso is an easy enough game compared to something like Rejuv that it doesn't really matter
Just know a lot of the Pokemon and TM distribution is kind of fucked like those games. The only starters you can catch later are some of the grass and water ones and mostly all crammed at the very end of the game.
>>
>>56527979
Why do people constantly talk about "end of the game" when Desolation is yet to be finished?

This make me sad ;___;
>>
>>56527157
>>56527483
gg
>octavius should be institutionalized
kek
>>56527705
Grassy surge Grookey is probably also a S tier choice tbf
Though like Wagie said, Deso's easy enough that you really don't need to optimize your team too much
>>
>>56528005
Just faster to type than "end of the current build"
I-its not cope or anything I swear
>>
>>56527157
>>56527483
GG and kek, it could have been worse, Octavius could have added death pits with quicksand in the swamp, the next chapter is shaping up to be even worse.
>>56527705
Most every starter is okay to good, I don't think there's a single bad one (outside of Meganium), just keep in mind there's a mechanic in Desolation that still hasn't been fully realized where you're given unique dialogue for perfecting fights aka beating them without losing a single Pokemon, next version the player is gonna receive rewards for doing this, just keep in mind some fights are absolutely anal to perfect later in the game.
>>
>>56527483
kek, congrats on escaping
>>56528010
>>56528080
thanks bros
>>
Picked Froakie because Protean and stuff. It functions like several STABmons at once, so I dont have to train.

My only complaints about Desolation so far are fairly nitpicky: the music is generic slop I've turned off, and the game crashed several times on me.
>>
Uh-oh, that doesn't look healthy?
>>
>>56528823
Another key signature of rebornlikes, someone is getting tossed into lava
>>
Skyblue has been interesting to me so far, it's a very slow burn though
>>
Does Unbound cheat against you?
While I'd have to really try to check the RNG it seems like the gym leaders have exceedingly good RNG, particularly when it comes to status effects like SLP and confusion. With only two attempts they're already in the top 0.7% of RNG luckiness with respect to SLP duration and confusion duration/hitting themselves. I'll try a third in a second, but if the AI is cheating it's really disappointing.
>>
>>56525285
I love it when hacks do this.
>>
>>56528823
It's ok, that's only red water.
>>
>>56529167
haha...
it doesn't really pick up sadly, you have to be hooked by the premise
speaking of which, time to continue myself

>>56529212
it does actually cheat against you, but only on insane mode and only regarding things like multiple switching several turns in a row or protect/fake out shit
it doesn't cheat by getting better sleep/para RNG for itself
>>
That's quite the white out I have
>>
eric/elenabros....our response?
>>
>get to top of tower
>no ho-oh
>woah we've had a crazy adventure bro
>get the story orb and leave
epic

i guess at this point i'm supposed to just grind out the trainers/items in each world, i have no idea where cut is to explore more of SINNOHHHHHHH
>>
>the quechol region
okay this is the first one where i have no idea what game it's supposed to be from
>>
literally my mom's green pigeon with a long tailfeather
>>
>>
>>56529384
Feels cursed to see it that way
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE GREAT DEMICE-KUN, SAVE ME, TASUKETEEE
>>
bunken i'mma let you finish but i think this might be the worst evil team name of all time
>>
I never need to return to this version of Sinnoh. Hooray
>>
this sounds insanely obnoxious
>you can only have two mons on your team
the rest of the niggers in here are like this too

>>56529419
did you find the cut HM?
>>
>>56529403
it's possible the dev thought the gemstone onyx was spelled like onix, but even then it's pretty bad
>>
>>56529426
Never got cut. The meadows and end of the forest were opened after leaving the portal from sinnoh the first time.
>>
Oh. That's no good for my plans
>>
imagine the fanart if this was a real pokemon

>>56529432
at least it doesn't seem like they're the 'main' evil team of the game, but still kek
>>56529439
huh weird, i thought i came back after leaving out the portal when i began looking around
>>
File: Unbreakable Ties.png (395 KB, 512x384)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>56527714
>>56527979
>>56528010
>>56528080
>>56528276
Thanks
It's certainly been a journey even if I phoned it in for the final half of the swamp

>play a better game next time. Maybe Unbreakable Ties
certainly seems a lot better than re-trying myth and hoping the ai doesn't break by the first gym again
I skimmed through the threads where everyone was playing, is this the one where you get a Lucario?
>>
rate/10

her fucking golurk (level 22 btw) had fucking earthquake and shadow ball, nearly wiped me especially since i was locked to using a bug shitmon and vulpix along with wooper

>>56529500
haha...honestly, getting killed for a week at the swamp after the rest of the game's fucking bullshit seems pretty par for the course
and yeah this is the lucario game. i wouldn't fastforward the dialogue this time. doe i don't remember if you can. the beginning is pretty meh but it picks up later
>>
>>56529500
yes, and it is useless in battle for awhile but it's worth it
>>
>beat the gym
>the girl who wanted me to beat the gym isn't giving me the story orb
fuck off
>>
>walk into random house
>game resets
t-thanks...
>>
would charizard be more or less popular if he looked like this?
>>
>Go back and forth on how to handle boss levels (for a while kek)
>Leveling bosses up to the current cap is pretty gay (lawds), but stomping them with a 5 level advantage isn't great either
>Decide to autism a mm style level cap and have it increase on certain bosses
I guess it could be compared to V*nguard/Insurgence too, but I associate this autism with mm more kek
Still not entirely sold on it either, immediately I know I'll have to lower the Garchomp/Steelix/Abra levels a bit, but at the very least, it'd probably help with the Samson-Ciel section feeling like there's barely any increase in levels
>>56529403
kek
>>
>That one girl is standing behind a tree
It's bad enough they went with the original name of Silent Hill, did we really need that?
>>56529531
I wonder what made it crash
>>
oh that's why the stupid gym lady didn't give me her orb

there was yet ANOTHER gym full of niggers that use this shitty 'conditional battle' bullshit
thanks game, really fun concept you've got here, so good we had to do it twice

>>56529532
i could see it. maybe without the deer antlers though
>>56529536
could also go the urmumium route and just scale back the levels heavily so that they don't jump up by 5, could smooth out the early game
>>
Starting to see why Wagie asked me about Cut. This reminds me of Fire Red backwards where Cut was at the very end of the game
>>
>>56529536
nah bro just give them pulse 2 kek
>>
to any devs reading this thread, please never pull bullshit like this
>all the trainers require you to run back and forth from a PC over and over to constantly swap out your team to ensure you have 2 pokemon of certain types
>all the pokemon they ask for are catchable in the surrounding area, but it's not evident where any of them are and this game has zero QOL so you can't grind them up easily
it's a neat idea in a messy package
kind of like this whole game, now that i think it

>>56529541
idk, i tried going into that exact same house (it's one of the houses next to the mart in the third town in this dimension) and didn't get sneeded again, so might've been an error on my end
>>
>This is a very dangerous POKEMON.
>You must demonstrate you have the power to wield BALAM.
>Do you think you have the power?
>select yes
>Oh okay here you go then.
kek
i'm paraphrasing, but still

wotta fakemon

>>56529556
i guess those cut trees just go away when you retvrn to the dimensions
>>56529560
maybe add pulse3 too kek
how's lawds doing?
>Sticky Web has been nerfed to automatically disappear after triggering three times. The number of remaining activations before it disappears can be viewed with Inspect.
>Added AI programming to make the AI want to send mons that will waste Sticky Web's uses or minimize its impact, within reason.
>Redistributed Sticky Web, as it's a more balanced tool now.
kek
EVERYthing MUST be nerfed goyim
>>
>>56529314
I looked it up and I guess pokemon itself just heavily nerfed both sleep and confusion. The latter a horrifying amount, I'm not sure why. Moves like Supersonic are now actively harmful to use. No idea why the nerf was so dramatic.
>>
forgot image, am retarded
>>56529551
I did scale back gym 1 a bit for the first pass at least, not urmumium levels, but still a good amount
I could probably scale some sections further back, but I don't really want to waste TOO much exp kek
>>56529560
>>56529596
kek
The thought of adding pulse3 has crossed my mind admittedly, I might end up doing it kek
>>
>>56529619
you could also do the forbidden technique of pushing the level cap beyond 100 to give you more wriggle room
>>
>walk around to some random towns
>come to the ruins
>oh huh there's nothing
>oh well!
>story section ends
i know it would be hard to do something, but couldn't there be any kind of narrative payoff here, literally anything

whatever

>>56529619
fair kek
the one thing i think is that you could adjust it so that pokemon don't basically become as strong as they'll ever be by the time they hit level ~70, so like they could learn their best moves when they hit level 80-90 or so
>>56529600
gen 7 did the big status nerf iirc, maybe they got annoyed by the stallfaggotry the gen prior kek
doe gen 7 introduced stallpex
>>
back to the fangame regions i recognize

finally at the pokemon quartz section
>>
AAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE NOT HIM

PLEASE DON'T FUCK MY WIFE BABOS-DONO
>>
I like how the MC looked disappointed at himself
>>
Okay cool. How about water types though?
>>
>>56529654
this pokemon smokes 5 packs a day and owns two motels
>>
quick, someone post the PLA clover scat copypasta
>>
>>56529680
they're unironically better than the average SS2 or vanguard design d e s u
>>56529674
kek
>>
>>56529634
Not a bad idea desu but I'm not touching montext until that gen 8-9 data pack is done kek, i-it'll happen eventually, haha...
>>56529662
kek
>>
>>56529687
totally, though it's not hard to beat making the gurdurr line clowns and the ralts line psychopath goths
>>
speaking of soulstones and vanguard

i'm not doing that

>>56529692
fair enough
>until that gen 8-9 data pack is done
haha..
>>56529697
don't forget the abominations that vanguard turned ralts and especially gallade into
>>
i don't get it

can we just show these things 'toss comics
>>
>flip through options
>no brick dialogue box
actually unplayable
what were the spaniards thinking with this one
also seems like every PBS file other than pokemon is spanish
Going Flying/Fighting this time
>>56529514
>for a week
actually was a bit more than a month since I last touched the game according to my screenshot dates at least
I feel like I'm fairly tolerant of dialogue and didn't actually skip anything (anything important, at least) in Empire until maybe the fourth city district chapter
or the desert
>>56529517
>useless in battle for awhile
yippee
Don't think I've ever actually used a lucario for... anything really
It'll be a nice change of pace I suppose
>>
>>56529596
>>56529654
I wonder at which point they're gonna just remove every single non-offensive move from the game.
Also kek, truly tier fakemon design.
>>
holy shit bro

at least he made the 'nacho cheese' joke earlier and apparently he fucking peaked there

>>56529739
good thing you got fighting, haha...you can't remove lucario from the party
>actually was a bit more than a month
any amount of time is necessary to rehabilitate from that shitshow, desu
>>56529748
well, don't worry, i'm sure they'll remove plenty of offensive moves too. le heccin earthquake and all the 90 BP elemental moves seem a tad too strong for the playerino to use...
>>
kek

fun fact, this is what milot*ack* got turned into

gyarados got turned into another shitty fakemon
>>
>voice acting
I thought that was a joke or something but no, actual voice acting
crazy stuff
>>56529596
Why not just give the player rental pokemon at that point
>>56529767
I usually just hit the randomize button until it comes out with something interesting
I hand-picked fighting this time because of Lucario because I can't stand not having a matching theme
>>
>>56529596
>just a leopard
>they named it Balam
If they wanted to use the name of a Goetia demon with a leopard there was Flauros, Sitri and Ose right there not to mention Balam is associated with a lot of animals but none of them even are cats (he is described as having a bull head, a ram head and a human head with a snake tail while carring a hawk and riding a bear)
This doesn't matter in the slightest but I am very autistic about stuff like this
>>
File: My dad.png (156 KB, 1024x768)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
My favorite character already
I can get behind that, shadowy evil king guy
>>
>decide to explore a little bit before heading to the next plot relevant place to go fight team neo-galactic
>jump off a ledge
>oh, whatever, i'll be able to come back later right
>it dumps me back at the first area in this world and i have to walk all the way around again
for what actual literal niggerfucking purpose

>>56529793
yeah i can't wait for them to just axe catching pokemon from the game and force you to use very specific pokemon for every fight
maybe the puzzle battles spawned from it will approach the heights of the great demice
>>56529803
nice to see you back bro, unless you've just been lurking
>If they wanted to use the name of a Goetia demon
apparently according to jewpedia it's supposed to be a mayan name for jaguar and not the goetia demon, which i guess is its own breed of laziness
>>
oh hi ginosaji
>>
oh my god it's the leader of team fate...yu! what a weird name
>>
Heh
>>
>shadowy king guy who surgically replaced his heart with an Arceus isn't actually my dad
booo
>>
>>56529836
>The Maya word for Jaguar (Panthera Onca) is Bahlam or B'alam.
Huh, didn't know about that, always imagined the name would have been close to Jaguar or Onça
>>
>i literally used a single pokemon
please do not tell me the main villain of the game is this lame faggot

>>56529852
looks like he missed a spot when dying his hair
>>
that's an unfortunate name

>saturn literally just blips out of existence
>not even a teleportation or smokebomb, he just fucking vanishes
kek
>>
the mystery only deepens....
>>
this whole trek up the mountain was to get one of these palkia's bathwater stones, which I did, but I did a double take because I thought that was the time travel symbol from empyrean for a second
>>
File: Spoiler Image (25 KB, 1175x822)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>cynthia is now le main villain
epic

shaun, go wild
or don't, rather
>>
Would you guys recommend me Rocket Edition? I've been considering it for a while and I'm really fucking bored due to my usual games being really shitty lately.
>>56529888
If I had a penny for every time a gen 4 character became a villain in a shitty game I'd have 2, which is weird that it happened twice.
>>
kek
remember to show her the right pinky, bro....

>>56529890
sure, i remember rocket edition being pretty good
>>
oh wow that was really short

i VILL NOT do the shartystones sidequest
>>
>>56529901
GG
>>
File: great fakemon.png (32 KB, 514x411)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>rock/dragon
>based on the gen 1 pokemon statues
might be my favorite of this fangame
>>56529901
congrats, you are truly the skyblue
>>
>>56529894
What an image.
>>
File: Name dis lad.gif (201 KB, 1170x888)
201 KB
201 KB GIF
Name the gangster.
>>56529901
Sorry you had to endure this crap bro.
>>
>>56529918
Name him GRUNT
>>
killing myself posthaste
>>56529901
GG
>>56529918
P.Diddy
>>
File: peachy.png (24 KB, 514x411)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
I can't be the only one who sees an ass
>>
Name the most fearsome Rattata this side of Kanto. I'll see if I can get something with okay IVs at least, dunno how difficult this game gets.
>>56529922
Done.
>>
>>56529943
Joey
>>
File: file.png (38 KB, 1709x317)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
I never got the oportunity to use either and I can't decide which so I am going to let fate decide it
Odds I go with Syther -> Kleavor
Evens I go with Venipide
>>
tl;dr i don't think this was necessarily bad, just underpolished and definitely far off from reaching its potential

i think the concept of it is really neat and i'd love to see a more competent dev take a tackle at progression like this, which is almost like SM64 where you have an overworld hub and unlock more levels in a slightly nonlinear fashion by completing objectives in worlds

the portraits and overall presentation in terms of bringing a bunch of different looking 'worlds' (fangames) and being able to catch fakemon from them to assemble a team of different fakemon across worlds is also very neat conceptually but i think the game could've honestly done without.

the problem comes more from just...execution, the game does not have any QOL, or modern mechanics (seriously, why the fuck, it's 2024, just use CFRU) and has a lot of jank, some of which i mentioned and a lot of which i didn't. basic things like how the basic map design tended to go fucking apeshit with wild grass/cave tiles, but then for repels you have to manually reset them, for one
there were also some neat 'objectives' in some of the worlds, like okay cool in sinnoh there was a neat enough rhythm game, but then what the actual horsefuck was >>56529581

i didn't mention it also, but the hub area is very badly organized. like again, take a look at SM64, that castle is famously well set up and very inviting, the distortion world is distinctly uncomfy and also annoying as fuck to navigate without any landmarks. could maybe have it where cyrus has built an island or something in the distortion world? i don't fucking know
>>
File: 1727866651627.png (1013 KB, 1506x1060)
1013 KB
1013 KB PNG
the overall plot is just....bland, too, nothing really happens in any of the world 'substories' (even when bizarrely it seems like they should?), i don't know why all the schoolkids get portraits when 90% of them get acked in the first 10 minutes. i mean i guess they'll show up later, but it just seems wasted, like couldn't you have it so that you find one of the kids in one of the starting dimensions? it might make the orange islands part a bit more interesting or whatever

and given how this game approaches general character/narrative writing (especially concerning the MC) i don't have high hopes that any of the other kids will be anything more than just lame one note characters. unbreakable ties this is definitely not.

i'd give this a 5/10. i think i could recommend it more if it made a jump to CFRU (which seems like the plan per the reddit post) and implemented some better mechanics, i don't think it'd save some of the extremely meh sections though

whenever i finally update this fucking tier list, i'd put it towards the top of mediocre

>>56529905
>>56529908
>>56529909
>>56529918
>>56529923
thanks bros
>>
File: Fuck em up rat.gif (226 KB, 1170x888)
226 KB
226 KB GIF
Dis is da most fearsome rat in all a Kanto and it WILL fuck you up!
>>56529946
Named.
>>
File: file.png (78 KB, 1383x905)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>56529947
Well this one has somewhat decent IVs I can work with these
Are Nature mints going to be easily available in this game? (unbreakable bonds)
>>
>>56529971
unfortunately not, i don't believe they're a thing until pretty late and they're very expensive

the game is very easy albeit
>>
File: I ain't a glowie.gif (270 KB, 1170x888)
270 KB
270 KB GIF
Aaaaay man, I ain't a fucking fed.
So, you guys recommend me going full nignog and rob everyone or be a little on the softer side, I heard there's different rewards depending on the path.
>Captcha was 0NTR
>>
File: his name is chad.png (22 KB, 514x411)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>politoad with drizzle
>shellkraken, water/steel fakemon
>floatzel
>kingdra
>lapras
>slowbro
I basically had to have blastoise spam air slash for most of it, with fearow getting off a few leafblades, because typhlosian being fire/elec doesn't help when they have aqua jet and water resist berries. 5 tries, fuck off chad
>>
File: very cool.jpg (166 KB, 1021x765)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>riolu follows in the overworld
>I wonder if I can talk to him
>I can, cool
>try to walk after his little dance ends
>>
>crash to desktop
We're off to a great start already
>>
>Check region map in the first pokecenter
>A Mysterious Cave is named on the map
>So are a random Cemetery, the Ruins of Time, the Forest of Time, the other Forest of Time, an Abandoned Orphanage, a Mystic Cave, and a Lost Relic
>but a marked town, the route to the town, and the big ass lake next to it aren't
I can understand a spot out in the middle of the ocean being ??? but this is a very large area right in just about the middle of the region

>run down stairs
>don't recognize a painting
>hm can I interact with paintings? I haven't tried
>it opens a you-tube link to a jo-jo's bizarre adventure clip
don't like that links are being opened without warning but I guess it's my fault for needing to press interact on everything
>>
>>56530041
Be wary of trashcans
>>
>>56530051
I saw an achievement (which is a long line instead of a grid because ???) about shitposts, I assume the trashcans do something similar?
That's going to really fuck with me, I always go for the trash cans and the first bedroom even gave me a fresh water from one
>>
>>56530041
it took me half an hour just to remove every link from those pokemon center tvs, and that's not even all of the fucking links. most are in trash cans, some are from talking to people, it's really annoying
>>
File: file.png (100 KB, 1075x811)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>56529975
Good to know this won't be one of the harder games, kinda want to use some of the weaker guys I like
>>56530051
I should have read the thread, I was just about to say that there are quite a few fresh waters on trash cans and then I got a CMD jumpscare this is Garo's house btw
>>
File: teal.png (36 KB, 514x411)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
while he is kind of just there he elected not to fight me while I was climbing the mountain since the evil team was there, so he's better then most rivals
>>
File: file.png (204 KB, 1409x861)
204 KB
204 KB PNG
Oh hey a gym that is very dangerous, wonder how common these actually are even in the official games you have gyms like Claire's where there is lava everywere or Skylas where you are launched off cannons
>>
>>56530063
Might as well pop open the hood and look around in rpg maker
Are they all map events? Because going through each map and checking every interactable object seems like enough of a pain that I might just deal with it
>>56530075
>CMD jumpscare
Alright I guess I'm going through each map and checking every interactable object
>>
>>56530091
yes, and sometimes removing the link doesn't work for the trashcan ones.
>>
File: file.png (330 KB, 1393x959)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
Well the gym was easy with a Syther, time to go GAMBLING
>>
>rival pussies out and leaves a double battle for me
nevermind what a fucker
>>
>>56529952
>>56529962
gg
>>56530091
I can probably remove all of the links and upload the map files for you guys, gimme a few minutes
>>56530111
kek
>>
>>56530108
>Magby, Chatot, Mantyne
Aw dang it
>>
>choice scarf just on the ground, not behind 20 man gauntlet
>>
>>56530115
And done
https://files.catbox.moe/41lmq4.zip
Put all of that in the data folder, replace, and you're good
>>
File: file.png (236 KB, 1383x955)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
After a training montage I check some dialogue and I get this
Kinda ruined the mood but watever
>>
>>56530171
Thanks a bunch
Works like a charm
>>
>>56530200
No problem
>filename
It's the usual spic game fare, that's their solution to grinding
>>
File: Holy kek 2.gif (263 KB, 1170x888)
263 KB
263 KB GIF
>WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WALL AND THE JOHTONEANS ARE GONNA PAY FOR IT!
>>56530200
Speaking of Vaporeons, h-haha........
>>
File: kringlebird.png (43 KB, 514x411)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
this one is just gonna be official at some point, it's too easy
>>
File: file.png (268 KB, 1479x817)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
This is the second time I see a blonde girl getting a shiny I wanted
Another reason to not trust women
>>
File: Welp, stealing it is.gif (253 KB, 1170x888)
253 KB
253 KB GIF
Okay, so I can still obtain mons if I don't steal, also are Megas a thing in this game?
>>
File: come on irene.png (40 KB, 514x411)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
tough for an ice team, but still an ice team. two tries.
>>
Oh neat, you can get Eevee this early and Adaptability is a thing, so new gen abilities are definitely a thing it seems.
>>
File: nostalgic.png (39 KB, 514x411)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
alright then, just another day in kaizoland at this point
>>
File: Spoiler Image (90 KB, 514x411)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
so I got the palkia and dialga bathwater shards for the professor, but it turns out I need giratina's as well. unfortunately his templed was destroyed 100 years ago, but luckily with the shards he has now his quantum mri machine can now time travel me back to the past! man I swear I look like someone else...nah
>>
File: Rocket janny.gif (167 KB, 1170x888)
167 KB
167 KB GIF
>Team rocket has a janny working for them
Kek, game has some charm going for it that I enjoy.
>>56530298
How's the postgame so far? I heard Infinity had a pretty big one.
>>
>>56530115
Thanks bro
>>56530238
>>56530253
I don't remember there being megas
The game mostly uses gen 6 mechanics thoughver
>>
File: file.png (329 KB, 1369x923)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
I could have won this on the first try but reseting over and over until I manage to do this is much better
>>
>>56530310
not quite there yet, I think I'm at the final bit though, trust me you'll know when I reach postgame
>>
File: file.png (132 KB, 1077x835)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>Durant Skorupi and Hotmonchan
At least I am getting close to pity
I may have a gambling problem
>>
File: file.png (154 KB, 1409x861)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
You really shouldn't yell about our plans regarding the prof in ear reach of one of the glowies
>>
Is there any tangible effect for me not stealing? The game mentioned a morality system or something like that and so far I avoided stealing, but I am eyeing up a Clefairy and I'm fairly tempted to nab it.
>>56530318
Noted.
>>56530331
Also noted.
>>
>Can't steal the Clefairy even though the game allowed me to steal everything before it
Well fuck me then, the morality system seems pretty interesting with how it works at least.
>>
>>56530352
hey, just because being on a losing streak doesn't mean you're more likely to win doesn't mean you're any less likely to win!
>>
>>56530361
Yeah, later on there's a system for whether you want to be more on the side of the cops or rockets
It's kind of silly since you just stick with rockets regardless in the overall plot but you do get some rewards for allying with the cops
>>56530358
Eda unfortunately suffers from based retardation as you'll find out later
>>
>Gets really good Nidoran and Eevee
>Both have their worst abilities
I hope ability capsules are a thing at least, this game has gen 6 mechanics, so h-haha....hopefully.......
>>56530409
Interesting, I did see in a short guide that having a really high notoriety as a thief gets you blocked in stores.
>>
File: every grunt.png (63 KB, 514x411)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
kek
>>
So this is what buckbroke trannies huh?
>>
so some bullshit happened and I didn't get giratina's shard. luckily because this is now time travel one of the shards ended up being the special jewel in the big tournament trophy, and I have all the badges I need to participate! what're the odds of that
>>
>>56530532
Not quite, he called it gay here, but later in the postgame he says he's going to be more diverse and inclusive and straight up does say the word tranny kek
>>56530542
Not the worst time travel in these games, tee bee aych
>>
I was gambling at the casino trying to get some moola, no luck, earned a bit of cash in the slots but nowhere near the really high rates I need to get the cheapest mon in Abra yet, on another note apparently there's some cheesy methods to get money like stealing stuff from wild mons, granted TMs are one use and I'm very worried about wasting Thief on the wrong mon.
>>56530548
Kek.
>>
So the wild pokemon flying around are just props?
>>
File: Varry variables.gif (204 KB, 1202x911)
204 KB
204 KB GIF
What we feeling, Jolteon or Vaporeon?
>>56530576
Sadly yes, including quite a few shinies.
>>
Wait, this game is a FireRed hack, does it let me have Hoenn mons or Johto ones? I wouldn't mind getting an Umbreon or Espeon T B H.
>>
Well that guy was super annoying because Dark is such a good type and my prior knowledge didn't account for GameFreak's retarded balancing, but that's done now.
>>
Heard y'all hate Vanguard? The story tho?
>>
File: Holy llama.gif (295 KB, 1170x888)
295 KB
295 KB GIF
>>56530628
Just the story kek? The whole game is complete shit, progression sucks, battles aren't fun, some of the worst route design I've ever seen in any fangame ever, we literally couldn't go 2 minutes without running into bugs, making note of what didn't suck about Vanguard would be way easier and it would be one or two of the regionals and arguably the visuals (not the trainer sprites, those are complete dogshit), worst of all is that the game is beyond fucking boring and drags on for a fucking eternity.
>>
File: infinity hall of fame.png (84 KB, 514x411)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
not quite at postgame yet, but there were only 4 fights in the tournament so I had to redo the final one for the video
https://streamable.com/jrthrc
>>
>>56530628
The story is the worst part
It's also just a shittier version of Mid Hero Academia, go read that if you want to consume slop
>>
File: ok.png (135 KB, 514x411)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
the character limit is too small to explain this so just look at it and weep
>>
>>56530640
GG
>>56530654
La creatura....dios mio....
>>
>>56530640
GG.
>>56530654
It looks pretty cool at least.
>>
>>56530665
>>56530682
thanks bros, it died in 3 hits kek
>>
File: Grunt bros.gif (177 KB, 1170x888)
177 KB
177 KB GIF
B-but my Rattata is on the top percentage of Rattata!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (62 KB, 514x411)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
this isn't an edit, this is actually how this game ends. so from the moment I booted up this game I knew this was coming. it's why I originally quit before getting the first badge, I couldn't handle doing a whole journey knowing it would end here. however, after playing things like rejuv, vanguard, shitstones, half of full moon, I thought it wouldn't be so bad. it wasn't, but it was still bad. Visuals are great, custom move animations and all around just neat little things here and there, regionals look great, music is alright, gameplay is good to great. However, holy shit this game really acts like this twist wasn't obvious. I kid you not, in the very first scene when you're making your character they put the heart monitor beeps in the background. The region is named egho, pronounced like ego. you wake up in genesis forest, there are paintings of the dali melting clocks and of the moment in season 1 where ash sees ho-oh, refrencing that theory where ash was in a coma the whole time, etc. part 1
>>
>level cap seems to be at level 13
>you can just go past it with rare candies
>but only to level 14
uh
>>56530640
>>56530696
GG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (165 KB, 514x411)
165 KB
165 KB PNG
then you have shit like this, this is 10 minutes tops where you step into the quantum mri machine. no fucking way does anyone not know what the hell this means, but the game acts like it's not the case for another 7 hours or so. It might just be me, but it really pisses me off even now, even when I would say I enjoyed this game and I'm gonna do the postgame, it's so infuriating. It throws in the evil team, oh maybe it's time travel, alternate timelines, alternate universe, blah blah blah, it's all wasted. It really rubs me the wrong way. oh and that's not the only time that happens, you get this scene again later on, which is when the fucker suggests you're from an alternate timeline, fuck you dev. doesn't help this game crashes a good amount, I think 7-8 over the course of my playthrough. part 2/3
>>
File: Spoiler Image (75 KB, 514x411)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
This is the second one. idk how much of it is that it's a cliche, it was really only done well once or twice, that you're strung along like it's a proper mystery when it's not, idk. It's obviously not worse then rejuv or vanguard or any of that shit, but it's still shit in a special way that drives me up the wall. in spite of all that ranting I might recommend this, you will have to save a lot to not lose much progress from crashes, which usually happen when entering an encounter with speedup on, but it's neat and kinda short. I guess I'd give it a 7/10 objectively, but it might be in it's own special tier on my personal list because of how angry it's ending makes me
>>
>>56530759
thanks bro
>>
File: Kek 4.gif (152 KB, 1170x888)
152 KB
152 KB GIF
>W-what's that chud, you DON'T want my Jynxniqua?! Chuddie, that's very racist of you!
>>56530758
I really wanted to play this game at one point, but after I saw the hints and go spoiled by accident while looking up a guide, I just gave up on this game, you don't pull shit like at the player dude, it's so fucking insulting, GG again.
>>
>>56530758
[SPOILER]Interesting it turns from Pokemon style to default RPG Maker style.[/SPOILER]
>>
>>56530801
thanks bro. if it didn't crash so much I would still recommend you play it despite that, with the options for passwords and monotype options to spice up a lp, but as it is I'm not really sure.
>>56530802
ctrl+s. it's only for that scene
>>
Been messing around in SkyBlue, getting everything completed.
>>56530786
I wonder if the writers were being smug about the big "twist".
>>
File: Sneedorino.gif (177 KB, 1170x888)
177 KB
177 KB GIF
>>
>>56530818
it's possible. all I know is that a lot of interesting ideas were thrown away for that twist ending, including this one that I thought was neat. so at the final part it's revealed that professor thorn is also you and has been basically orchestrating this from the start, and yu is obviously you trying to stop him across multiple timelines/universes, who cares. what I thought was a neat idea was that all of yu's grunts are the rival character teal from alternate timelines who joined team fate to help yu, which could've been more interesting if teal was around during this part. but doesn't matter because the ending is what it is. also to get to postgame you have to go back in bed and doom your character to be in that coma forever, while your parents are just in the hallway
>>
don't say it like that dude
>>
Alright, first big complaint with SkyBlue so far: the races are mandatory for 100%, they need to make it easier for the player to go around the swimmer in the first one and lose the damn dead ends in the main one.
>>
>>56530866
The game did not like me trying to walk through walls around the rocks.
>>
Calling it a day.
So far I've been really enjoying Rocket Edition, it spices up the Kanto formula a fair bit and being a thieving bastard is pretty fun and the game's writing has a charm to it too.
>>56530816
I'm sure the game might be good, but I find it borderline impossible to get invested knowing what it comes down to.
>>
>>56529384
The Golduck named Psyduck was part Psychic. Crunch was Super effective.
>>
>encounter table of 20 different pokemon, each with a 5% chance of appearing
Spaniards have gone insane
If I start running around looking for pokemon I'll be up all night so that's it for now
Also having so many convenient healing stops is a bit of a shock to the system after the cbt that was having to pay for pokecenter uses
>>
I've actually confirmed now, with near certainty (eight times in a row, on top of prior unluckiness), that Unbound AI does indeed cheat. It never sleeps for more than the minimum number of turns.
>>
The second gym (Flying type) is the first battle I've had to change my team around for. The way most super-effective moves are weakened by the field gives me Rejuvenation PTSD.
>>
>Elemental Seeds giving enemy mons a free turn

Okay, that DEFINITELY triggers my Rejuvenation PTSD
>>
Is there any reason to actually use Plusle and Minun in Odyssey?
>>
>>56530758
>>56530774
>>56530786
gg, I'm glad the game itself was somewhat enjoyable even if the story/ending is dogshit
>>56530865
kek
>>56531016
Some romhacks/fangames nowadays change sleep to always sleep for 2 turns, so maybe that's it?
>>56531240
>>56531244
haha...
Deso's original fields fields are definitely a little more on the retarded side desu, not anywhere near the shit you'd endure in empire's worst fields, but still not great either
>>56531630
They do get something towards the end of the 4/5th stratum iirc, but you can just drop them and level them up later if you don't want to use them right now
>>
>>56531715
thanks bro
>>
>>56531240
>>56531244
Sky is basically "baby's first field", it isn't well designed at all and just hyper nerfs everything that destroys Flying, also Aderyn got nerfed heavily, her old team was absolute bullshit for this point in the game, we're talking life orb overleveled Honchkrow with a good movepool levels of stupid.
Her field seed also being a free protect like forest is absolutely retarded, really hoped this field got revisions, but sadly with Caz gone, it's hard to say if it will ever be touched.
>>
>Steals a nearly perfect Slowpoke
>It doesn't have Regenerator
Ass, I will never understand why Gamefreak too so fucking long to make ability capsules, even more so why it took them even longer to make their circulation normalized.
>>
>Zubat without any accuracy debuffs missed Bite
What.......?
>>
>>56531935
>his Zubat doesnt hustle
>>
File: He's just like me fr fr.gif (267 KB, 1170x888)
267 KB
267 KB GIF
A man of (autism) culture.
>>56531944
Kantonian Zubats are just built different.
>>
>>56530758
GG. I don't understand how you could sit through the huge melty over things like Lost and think "yeah people like it was all a dream twist endings", at least if you're going to do it do it like Link's Awakening where you're aware you're in a dream early and there's some drama from that. Even worse in this case if there's a whole bunch of "alternate" explanations for what's going on.
Still, hope postgame is fun
>>56531016
Are you maybe reloading a save state to test? Because save states don't alter your RNG, it's seeded
But yeah, it doesn't mess with things like sleep or para outside of the thing rg mentioned where I think insane does limit all sleep to 2 turns
>>56531240
GG, Aderyn is usually regarded as the hardest fight in the game and it gets a lot cleaner after this
The 6th and 7th gyms will unfortunately have pretty retarded fields too but you'll have a lot more shit to abuse with those
>>
>>56529403
What game is this?
>>
File: Blazing it.gif (306 KB, 1170x888)
306 KB
306 KB GIF
Aaaay man......my Oddish's weeds just hit different.....
>>
File: I dindu nuffin officer.gif (290 KB, 1170x888)
290 KB
290 KB GIF
Trust me dis 'ere officer, I am as clean as it gets, dose mons I "earned" needed bettah trainas anyway mistah.
>>
>>56531973
Sky blue
>>
Kek, maybe Giovani was more based than I give credit for.
>>
>>56532002
this doesnt look like sky blue
>>56529426
>>
File: Da boys.gif (282 KB, 1170x888)
282 KB
282 KB GIF
Hmmmmm......Hitmoncham or Hitmonlee or the Psychic TM.......I got good uses for Psychic on my team, but a decently strong Fighting type ain't something I'd like to skip over....
>>56532077
Sky Blue's whole gimmick is that it pays tribute to abandoned hacks, which is why the artstyle changes so drastically.
>>
>>56532100
wow, that is pretty cool. I didnt know you could change tilesets like that
>>
File: The champ.gif (204 KB, 1170x888)
204 KB
204 KB GIF
After a lot of careful consideration and such I decided to go with Hitmoncham, anyone wants to name the lad? Also, I might go on an unwanted vacation, so if I disappear, it's because I might have made the jannies mad.
>>56532108
It is fairly impressive for what it's worth, shame the game itself is really fucking dull.
>>
>>56532223
Lee
>>
File: Truly the champ.gif (234 KB, 1170x888)
234 KB
234 KB GIF
>Good nature in jolly
>Great IVs overall
>Optimal ability in Iron Fist
This soothes my autism.
>>56532227
Named.
>>
>>56531967
>>56531715
I tested with save states but grabbing new numbers (burn a turn to reach a new spot on the RNG list).
Limiting the status effects so severely really makes no sense to me, is it some competition thing?
As far as I can tell, confusion and sleep are both not worth applying with their nerfs. Confusion applying moves have to have 90 accuracy to break even, and that's assuming your hit does less than their hitting themselves. If that's not the case, I don't think they can have a positive EV.
Sleep moves have more uses since you only need 55 accuracy to come out ahead turn-wise, but the risk that comes with missing makes it very swingy for a minor advantage. However, sleep unlocks other strategies such as boosted wake-up slaps or dream eater, and if you have Spore it's always worth.
>>
>>56532252
Why do you apply that filter to make everything noisy?
>>
File: Elite feds.gif (302 KB, 1170x888)
302 KB
302 KB GIF
Kinda reminds of the manga where the elite 4 were a bunch of retards.
>>56532297
I am not even sure what happened truth be told, snipping tool worked perfectly fine for a while and then it started making my captures all grainy and pixelated.
>>
>>56532293
Confusion in general is usually dogshit that's just the quintessential "annoying status that always fucks over the player and often does nothing to help them". I don't really mind that the official games nerfed it desu since at least it means the player doesn't get sneeded as often anymore
I'm guessing certain fangames lock sleep to 2 turns mostly for consistency purposes. It is still useful enough against the AI in harder games where similar "2 turn sleeps" are enforced, for things like doubles and setup or whatever
>>
>>56532336
Confusion is not dogshit what? It used to be one of the strongest conditions.
Confuse Ray would net you three quarters a turn plus the damage from hitting themselves. It's arguably the strongest condition after FRZ actually, since you can stack it over BRN or PAR.
The sleep thing I can understand, but should be communicated.
The official nerf to confusion is unacceptable to me, since it makes some moves literally harmful to use (like Supersonic). They shouldn't have nerfed it so much without buffing or changing those moves. Particularly since the target audience (children) wouldn't be able to do the math required to understand that the move actually hurts them to use.
>>
>>56532443
>Confuse Ray would net you three quarters a turn
What?
>>
Oh, it's supposed to be an average if you assume every fight is guaranteed to last at least 5 turns. Was that post generated by letting an ai read about pokemon rules without ever showing it what a pokemon battle actually looks like?
>>
>>56532443
yeah, as the other anon said you're making the same mistake a lot of stats students do. an expected value of probability is not really a useful metric beyond a general average over a long period of time of testing
sure you might get some fights where confusion is really, really strong but then a lot of the time, especially in hard fangames where almost every turn will matter, you'll get fucked over by bad RNG, and ideally you would want more guaranteed outcomes if you're having to reset a lot
then in easier games you're probably not going to use confusion at all anyway because just spamming super effective moves is better than any status
>>
>>56532615
Yeah you're retarded.
Guaranteed outcomes would be great but don't exist outside of SLP, which as mentioned was heavily nerfed. Like you said, every turn matters--which means it's even more important to take turn advantages where you can.
If there existed actual guarantees it'd make sense to use them, but they literally don't exist outside of Spore, which isn't available to me at this time. Playing a numbers game is a winning strategy, and as far as I can tell the only strategy currently available. Perhaps later when there are larger numbers of options there are better choices, but that's a game specific problem--where I'll admit Unbound may be faltering. In particular I think the Dark gym leader was very over tuned given the absolute shit typing available to the player to counter it. Of course, the day/night cycle could be working against me too where I'm unaware of a pokemon I could've used, but being limited to the fairies you can catch in the flower area is brutal, since none of them have a decent offensive move. Additionally, the leader has at least decent counters for everything.
I'd be curious to see what strategies people have used that don't utilize chance based status effects, because I have no idea how you'd manage otherwise. The fact that you're locked out of fighting completely as a type hamstrings you so hard.
>>
>>56532683
okay, i see what your issue is
the thing is that you're trying to rely on messy RNG status shit to try and win instead of building a strategy specifically for the boss via setup or using better counter pokemon or whatever else available
for the darknigger gym, the 'intended' solution is that there's a clefairy with magic guard hidden in the pokecenter that hard counters the shit out of the gym and shuts down all of his mons except for a pawniard he has on insane. there's other things you can get, ribombee, lucario, mawile, etc. are available by this point, as well, you can go EV grind at the restaurant in the first town, so on.
also like...you can use para to slow down his mons, burn to weaken them, leech seed to run a stallnigger set
you don't want to train up a new team/mons to beat the boss, which is fine, but you probably want to shift down the difficulty. insane is pretty retarded and the 2nd gym is nothing compared to the 3rd and 4th gyms

if unbound is your first experience with these kinds of harder games i would just drop the mentality to try and use things like evasion or temporary rng status to win, as the games often get very painful when you try these
or i guess not play them kek
>>
>>56532730
I did train new teams, but you can't EV train at low levels.
No idea where you find Lucario and Mawile. Ribombee is who I mentioned as having no offensive capability, since the best move is 50 power. Even with PAR he out sped me.
I didn't know about the Clefairy, which may have made things much easier. If the game continues to be much worse I'll swap, but the first gym was alright, and the Black Emboar guy and the Shadows have been where I'd expect them. A single attempt followed by a strategy change and possibly one more was sufficient for each, and some were one shots.
>>
>>56532755
you can EV train. there's a restaurant in the first gym town where all the type-themed trainers also train a specific EV stat. the normal trainer is HP, fire is special attack, water is speed, I don't remember the rest.
lucario is just on one of the first routes, mawile is in a secret cave in the first ice cave
>If the game continues to be much worse
yeah, it's pretty widely considered that the 3rd and 4th gyms on insane are the hardest fights in the game even though the 1st and 2nd gym aren't considered too hard, and there's no real 'dev intended solution' for any more gyms like the clefairy
>>
It's DOOFUS' dear childhood friend, BOOFUS
>>
>>56532780
I know, I meant you can't EV train because at low levels (and especially with level scaling) they just level up. It's not like when you're level 50 and can go kill 200 geodudes at level 5 without leveling.
I rechecked and didn't find the secret cave, do you mean where the Sandshrews are? Or do you need an HM?
Also, what types are the third and fourth? I can at least start training a team now I guess.
>>
>>56532880
Reached the ending of the beta. I did sincerely have a good time with it. I agree with Wagie on the worlds needing to be easier to identify while in the distortion world. As far as I know, there was no EXP Share. That would have made Quechol a lot easier with the conditional battles. Then again, could just go catch whatever typing needed since levels in every world caught up with how many chronical nexus were completed. I am curious if in future versions, the other characters that had faces would have importance to the story. I have a few more nexus to complete for the "hidden" end. Quetzy needs high friendship (I think). And then I'm missing a lot of items from Corna.
>>
>>56531967
thanks bro. yeah if it was part of the plot like drawn to life or something I'd have no issue but it's definitely not. it is part of the postgame plot though a little bit, basically since I came back thorn is like "oh you came back? fuck it let's go nuts". I'm basically going to fuck up the multiverse and timeline to piss of arkchaos so I can catch it
>>
I’m starting to work on my own fangame, Pokémon Unchosen.

You’ve read it here first.
>>
I just hopped into the KANTOOOOOOOO universe and stole the starters
>>56533197
good luck
>>
Btw, I’m an ESL, does “Unchosen” have the exact opposite meaning of “Chosen”, as in “what wasn’t chosen”; or does it lean more towards “involuntary”, “forced”?
>>
>>56533209
yeah it means the opposite of chosen
>>
>>56533216
Mkay thanks dude Hope it’s an intriguing enough name because the one I wanted (Renaissance) was taken long ago.
>>
>>56533209
It does mean 'something that wasn't chosen', although it's a very uncommon, and slightly awkward, word. I wouldn't expect to find it in all dictionaries either, and while English is descriptive I think there's certainly an argument unchosen isn't a formal word.
With this context, I would consider it somewhat ominous, or perhaps tragic. I don't mean to scare you off of it; it's a bold choice for English, but if that still fits your theme keep it.
>>
>>56533266
Thanks, that helps a lot

Yes, it’s supposed to convey a certain tragedy. It’s about a land where only chosen few are allowed to wield Pokémon and the ones who aren’t are, well, Unchosen
>>
>>56533197
Good luck bro
>>56533236
Honestly I'm surprised there aren't more instances (that I can think of at least) of this
Maybe it's just really easy to look up synonyms if you find that your title is already "taken" or something
>>
is destiny bond supposed to be spammable or not, wild wobbufet just took out my lead
>>
>>56533289
Thanks dude

Well good luck finding a synonym that encapsulates the grandeur, sigh
>>
Also, ever since I’ve started working on my fan game I’ve begin to appreciate the sheer amount of effort it took to make something like empire

Which makes it even more dazzling how little fun the game is for the meticulous amount of effort that went into it
>>
File: mootoo.png (34 KB, 514x411)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
fighting giovanni to steal the master ball from him at silph co, these multiverse missions also unlock roaming gym leaders/elite 4 that are tough but only have 4 pokemon, they then join the potential roster at the tournament place. feels a bit like reborn
>>
File: dev's reasoning.png (74 KB, 501x1207)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
basically he made the ending what it is so he could have postgame be whatever the fuck he wanted. he roped link's awakening and rick n morty in there as well, but I'm pretty sure link's awakening you're told partway through that it's a dream and waking the wind fish will end the dream
>>
>the forest bug catchers all reset after the bridge is fixed
I'm just looking for some lady's daughter I already beat all of you let me through in peace
All this running around got me enough friendship for woobat to evolve at least
>>
File: Spoiler Image (41 KB, 510x407)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
imagine if pokemon started losing money and had to do a crossover game
>>
>>56532901
I forget when it happened but EV bonuses haven't required leveling up in a long time
>do you mean where the Sandshrews are
It's the cave before that clearing yes
>Also, what types are the third and fourth
Third is flying + tailwind for all flying types (this includes yours) + strong winds (nullifies flying type weaknesses). On Expert and below there's no strong winds
4th is normal but set to inverse mode, so the only thing strong against him are ghosts (who are also weak to him). Good luck on that one kek

>>56532941
GG, sounds like you enjoyed it more than me, so that's nice
>I have a few more nexus to complete for the "hidden" end
Is there one? I assumed you didn't get anything special for 100%ing all the shit beforehand
Don't forget the subworld thing either

>>56533197
Good luck bro

>>56533129
>>56533523
That's so sad he even acknowledges it but doesn't understand why it worked in those cases. God i hate that
>>
>>56533781
I'll have to go back to fish some anyways since I just got an old rod, so I'll see if I can't find it.
Flying I'm actually in good position to fight with a lot of rock and steel. Inversed normal meaning all type matchups are inversed or just normal's? If it's the former, again my heavy phys defense lineup could work fine, but the latter is just fucking weird.
>>
Back, power went out again because I am not allowed to receive what I pay taxes for apparently.
>>56533197
Best of luck anon.
>>56532941
GG.
>>
>>56533781
his reasoning doesn't make much sense to me either, he already set up alternate timelines/multiverse shit, that's enough to justify the stupid shit I'm doing right now. in fact, with professor thorn being your wingman in this postgame, he had it set up perfectly. For the final battle, you actually get a choice between who you fight, either professor thorn or yu. I chose thorn, but the dev could've just made it so if you fight and beat yu then thorn does the reset and postgame starts there. choose and beat thorn, he resets you to before the choice, fuck it. there are so many outs already in the game but he stuck with coma, it's wild
>>
File: first badge get.png (321 KB, 1024x768)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
SwoobatGODS... we won
Swept by just pressing air cutter like 8 times
>>
>Male Escort
I guess the region is very, uh, progressive about 'sex work'?
Good for them but I certainly don't need to hear about it though
>>
woah now
no need to be like that
>>
I got a pretty good Zubat and I was wondering, are the Johto evolutions available in this hack or does it have the anal FireRed restrictions that prevent you from getting anything that isn't KAAAAAAAANTOOOOOOOOO?
>>
>>56533932
You pay taxes for electricity? Where's that?
>>
File: The fuck is an eel.gif (237 KB, 1170x888)
237 KB
237 KB GIF
Kinda bizarre that the only proper eel pokemon we have is freaking Wigglet of all things.
>>56534208
Yes, in a place that looks like a bizarre fusion of Germany, Florida, Poland and Australia.
>>
I find the lore divergences they're trying to set up pretty interesting, the whole war affair and the mystery that is slowly unveiling itself seems pretty cool.
>>
>They turned the underground path into a glorified brothel
Image limit, anyone wants to bake or I do it?
>>
Any recommendations for the OP image?
>>
>>56534380
the breeding pit one is pretty good
>>
>Makes thread
>Waits 5 whole minutes to post it
>Fills captcha perfectly
>4chan decides that somehow the captcha wasn't correct for whatever reason and nukes it from existence
I LOVE THIS SITE, SO MUCH.
>>56534391
Kek, noted.
>>
FIX
>>56534422
YOUR
>>56534422
SITE
>>56534422
GOOKMOOT
>>56534422

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.