[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Ideals edition

>What are you running?
>How are you running it?
>How's your run going?
>Are you doing a weird ruleset? And if so, what is it?

>/nuz/ resources
Mostly outdated, but if I add something new it will have (Updated) somewhere in it. Let me know if there's something that needs updated if you have something to replace it with.

>Nuzlocke info
https://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Nuzlocke generator
https://nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
http://nuzlocke-generator.com/
>Guide to running the generator locally
https://pastebin.com/etNFB00r
>Links to official games (thru Sw/Sh) (outdated)
https://pastebin.com/hsJ0TaJ7
>Romhack links (outdated)
https://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
https://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Definitive emulator info (note that OpenEmu is the best option for Macfags period as RBY through B2W2 may all be played on it and all run smoothly)
https://pastebin.com/HmVC99sZ
>Difficulty list
https://pastebin.com/vvwTEgwJ
>Pokémon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxu318m9an5ulbm/
>Pokémon Bank sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ueadxvt1f52m0md/
>Pokémon Home Sprites
https://projectpokemon.org/docs/spriteindex_148/home-sprites-gen-1-r128/
>Additional templates
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmfck3jdowgn472
>(UPDATED)Anon's Level Caps Doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOwQ2MnzKF-fJuSGEkTUIenGbPoZymS6jYrY6zIbzkk/edit#gid=1752410600
>Level caps/general Nuzlocke info
https://nuzlockeuniversity.ca/2022/01/18/hardcore-nuzlocke-level-caps-by-generation/
Previous Thread: >>56463573
>>
>>56526898
You can always VS Seeker some earlier trainers with the EXP Share on Magikarp, Gyarados is very good overall.
>>56527301
I know it sucks to lose your favorites, but that's part of the experience. Don't think i'm trying to dissuade you from restarting, your run and all.
>>
File: just from my experience.png (363 KB, 1140x647)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>56527618
VS Seeker is an option but not really necessary. if you put magikarp out first with the EXP share and switch it out of battle: magikarp will get 75% of the exp, which is good enough. Lv. 20 is also a very low level to evolve, and yes, Gen 4 Gyarados is very good.
>>
>>56527884
Why is Jolteon hanging out with the other Gen 1 eeveelutions, and why is Espieon with mrs. "my best STAB move is base 60 power"
>>
>>56525324
Don't worry, after remembering how to read I deciphered the OP and started a Crystal Legacy playthrough. I didn't have a naming theme but I'm trying for plant names this run, although I've gotten a bit distracted by the immaculate atmosphere of Crystal and have been taking my time.
I can merrilly report I got the 4% Larvitar encounter, although sadly my route 46 Rattata encounter died to a random crit. Luckily I was able to get a replacement in sprout tower and a Ghastly from the route 36 patch of grass.
I did end up losing that Rattata, named Eggplant to a growth boosted vine whip from the Elder of Sprout Tower, but I went on to beat Falkner and have hatched my Togepi.

>>56528053
Probably because he doesn't abuse baton pass, there's a reason the AI is so often not given the moves and the move is so often banned from 1v1 singles.
>>
>>56528053
Jolteon needs Thunderbolt which is locked behind Surf, which you get fairly late in Platinum (5 badges in). Espeon and Umbreon are a fucking pain to evolve, and you need to raise them from Lv. 20 --> 36 just to get a STAB move (assuming you aren't using a Heart Scale to relearn Confusion). Umbreon is worse for sure but as far as nuzlockes go: they are both trash. Imagine not only raising an Eevee 16 levels but also needing to evolve it with friendship just to start contributing.
>>
File: CrystalLegacy1.png (131 KB, 1460x723)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>56528075
fuck foprgot pic
>>
>>56528078
>Jolteon needs Thunderbolt which is locked behind Surf
veilstone gamecorner?
>>
>>56528107
>spending days on a shitty minigame during a nuzlocke
LMFAO
>>
>>56528108
just buy them with money dude
>>
>>56528115
>spending ₽200,000 on a single TM
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>56528139
What do you need 166.6666666666666666666666 Ultraballs for?
>>
>>56528139
There's an old lady you can rob over and over.
>>
>>56528164
>bad faith argument
>>
>>56528173
What are you spending the money on?
>>
>>56528179
just admit that dropping ₽200,000 to teach a single frail mon (that is only good at killing water and flying types) a single move isn't a good investment during a nuzlocke. even if did such a thing, Jolteon wouldn't be placed any differently in the tier list, not that I have that much money anyway.
>>
>>56528193
Making the money is easy thoughever
>>
>>56528198
still not a good investment
>>
>>56527884
Big oof.
>>
File: nuzlocke-10.png (272 KB, 1460x939)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
Halfway through, woo
Starting to feel like regular Nuzlocke is too easy for 9th gen. Haven't lost anything besides 'wandering into a place with a +10-level disparity and high-crit Veluza violation of my whole team'. I'm already doing a type restriction, any ideas for increasing challenge?
>>
>>56528206
You keep your 166.66666666666 Ultraballs, I'll take a 90 bp 100 accuracy move.
>>
>>56528373
nice strawman
>>
>>56528377
You never said what you were buying. Otherwise, money is almost worthless in a standard Nuzlocke.
>>56528078
...also you complained about Friendship which is so fucking free.
>>
>>56528382
>money is almost worthless in a standard Nuzlocke
you could not be more wrong even if you tried
>you complained about Friendship which is so fucking free
moving the goal post
>>
>>56528386
My dude you've moved the goalpost so many times it's practically running away from you at this point
>>
>>56528394
>n-no u
>>
>>56528386
>Moving the goal post is when you bring up the other false things I've said
This is all because you are tripling down on Jolteon being in the same teir as fucking Vaporeon in a singles game. Look at their fucking stats my Nigger.
>>
>>56528386
bike, amulet coin, and vs seeker is your friend, sister
>>
>>56528400
stats don't matter when they both don't even get reliable STAB moves by themselves. you either need to spend ₽200,000 for a single use TM or wait until like 3 gym badges later for Surf. they are both bad in the platinum nuzlocke.
>>56528404
>dude just grind for hours
good argument lol
>>
>>56527884
Why is Umbreon so low? I get Espeon since you don't get calm mind until the Frontier, but all Umbreon needs to do is be a safe switch in for Fantina then he gets some good tms later on. Not to mention sand attack + confusion
Also Ambipom should be on here, it learns nasty plot, agillity, and baton pass all by level up.
>>
>Espieon is in the same teir as Umbreon because friendship and money hard
>Jolteon is in the same teir as Flareon because money is hard
>Leafeon isn't on this list
It's a game for toddlers, and Anon is getting filtered
>>
>>56528430
>Why is Umbreon so low?
consider the following:
>needs friendship to evolve, which requires tons of favoritism and time investment
>the payoff is a mon with low offenses (65/60) AND slow speed (65)
>doesn't learn a STAB move until Lv. 36 (you get Eevee at Lv. 20) so you need to raise it SIXTEEN LEVELS before it can even start doing anything (unless you think
Tackle and Quick Attack are good moves)
>if you're lucky: you can teach it mediocre STAB moves like Pay Back (a whopping 50 BP move LOL)

>Not to mention sand attack + confusion
are you seriously suggesting that Confuse Ray and Sand Attack is a GOOD reason to use Umbreon? that's just sad.
>Ambipom should be on here
I haven't used it. the list is just mons I've had a chance to use and my impressions on them.
>>56528447
>reading comprehension
>>
>>56528463
>Reading comprehension
>Needs friendship to evolve
Seems like I understand why Espieon is so low, you can't walk back, and forth in a street for a few minutes.
Quick Attack is a good move.
>>
>>56528472
>Quick Attack is a good move on Jolteon
pffffft. good one. actually laughed.
>you can't walk back, and forth in a street for a few minutes
you're severely downplaying the friendship mechanic, which is incredibly disingenuous. you only get +1 friendship for walking 128 steps (which is only a 50% chance according to Bulba), which you need 220 friendship to evolve. walking alone would take you days in real life for Eevee to evolve, unless you're a NEET and play all day, which Eevee would still be under-leveled and still not have a STAB move (unless you want to waste a Heart Scale to relearn Confusion lol) so you'd still be left with a useless Pokémon.
>>
>>56528463
Have you considered using the stab move who doubles in power if you get hit on the pokemon with high defenses and low speed?
>>
>>56528518
I think you need to read that post again, carefully this time
>>
>>56528512
It never took me more than an afternoon so maybe I've been playing wrong this whole time.
>>
>>56528411
>hours
didnt play the game
>>
>>56528522
I think you need to stop reading bulbapedia and play the game.
>>
>>56528463
Friendship is easy to get, just walk around with Eevee in the front of your party and walk around while you have the clock set to nighttime. Quick Attack is a good move, priority is always useful.
>are you seriously suggesting that Confuse Ray and Sand Attack is a GOOD reason to use Umbreon? that's just sad.
Yes that's literally what I'm saying, offense isn't everything and Umbreon can easilly tank all of Fantina's attacks, the most damage she is able to due to Umbreon is 30% on a crit magical leaf with the normal damage range being 11~15%. Umbreon also resists ghost type and is immune to psychic making it a great, sometimes free switch in if you had a poison type on the field. This also means it can switch into Duskull's future sight and synchronize will also put Haunter to sleep.
By forcing Fantina's AI to prioritize certain moves you make it much easier to switch into, for instance you can have Umbreon use sand attack to lower Mismagius accuracy and then switch into a type which resists grass. Now she'll try to use her other moves which have a lower accuracy, not to mention Umbreon also learns dark pulse later and payback doubles in power if the pokemon already took damage, which means Umbreon as a slow dark type takes the best advantage of it making it 100 power before stab and 150 power after.
>>
>>56528524
then you weren't raising friendship with only walking. you were probably using the soothe bell with friendship berries, vitamins, massages, or exp share leveling. no fucking way you can nonchalantly reach 220 friendship with just walking.
>>56528525
>>56528535
>no argument
>>56528537
there is no fucking way I'm going to spend hours of favoritism on Eevee to fight the Gym Leader of the same city
>>
>>56528512
>>Quick Attack is a good move on Jolteon
>pffffft. good one. actually laughed.
So close we were talking about Umbreon, try again.
>>56528543
>there is no fucking way I'm going to spend hours of favoritism on Eevee to fight the Gym Leader of the same city
Ghost types are still in the game after the Ghost type gym leader, not to mention the other types dark is good against are also in the game.
>>
>>56528543
Cheryl literally gives you the soothe bell after Eterna forest, leveling up, giving vitamins, you don't even have to use it like that since you get toxic as a tm and Umbreon is one of the best toxic users in the game. Not to mention how physically defensive he is and the fact Umbreon only has two bad matchups in the entire game while everybody else is trying to whittle down it's HP, and once you get to the elite 4 you have leftovers and Umbreon can be given rest.
It's just so hard for enemies to kill it without super effective crits and even them sometimes it can take two of those without dying.
>>
>>56528560
Quick Attack on Umbreon is incredibly mediocre with 40 non-STAB BP on a 65 attack mon, so you're still wrong.
>>56528569
Umbreon has 65/60/65 offenses; I am not going to grind for a shitty pokemon much less spend ₽9,800 or whatever on multiple vitamins for it.
>>
>>56528578
It has priority, end of discussion.
>Vitamins
Yeah, you've never played the game. No human being has ever used a vitamin in Pokémon.
>>
>>56528585
>priority with no damage
lol
>d-didn't p-play th-the g-game...
still no argument
>>
>>56528578
>offenses
Legit why? This is a Nuzlocke, pokemon are a limited and valuable resource, I'd rather take a tanky pokemon who can't die and can out last multiple opponents who barely even tickle it. Sometimes the best offense is an impenetrable defense and Umbreon is a prime example of this.
Also it still gets a 150 power pay back and you aren't going to be using vitamins or ev lowering berries anyways so might as well invest them into one of the best pokemon you can guarantee. Not to mention substitute is in the old chateau.
>>
>>56527884
I get that it is a personal experience list, but I am kinda confused at Grotle's placement, since it can beat the stuffing out of the entire earlygame and most of the midgame, and the line only ever really struggles with Candice, the Endgame and maybe Crasher Wake's Buizel's Ice Fang... all of which is Torterra, not Grotle. Beyond that...
>Jolteon that low
Even taking >>56528078 into account, you can just use Thunder and a Wide Lens, there you go, fully functional Electric nuke. Wide Lens is cheap as far as Game Corner items go as well, only 20,000 if you want to buy it regularly.
Likewise, Flareon is sort of alright with Wide Lens thanks to buyable Fire Blast at the regular Veilstone store. Might be worth keeping in mind for another run.
>Staravia in mid
Just Intimidate alone is better than half of the Good tier, and Staravia performs very well on its own in most scenarios even outside the ability aspect. Don't get it.
>>
>>56528543
Just walking around and battling some trainers while holding the bell. Spamming items is quicker but at that stage of the game you probably don't have the money for it. It is also less fun.

>>56528537
>Quick Attack is a good move, priority is always useful
Adaptability Eevee Quick Attack is great for that early in the game.
>>
>>56528601
Grotle is slow as fuck and grass is one of the worst types in the game. you know how every starter gets the same ability of "powering X moves in a pinch"? you cannot even use that without risking Grotle dying because it's so damn slow. he's definitely the worse of the starters from my experience. Wide Lens Thunder is more viable than spending ₽200,000 for Thunderbolt, I'll admit, but Jolteon is still frail and only good against 2 types (water and flying).
>>56528603
>you can spend hours of friendship grinding for a slow pokemon with mediocre offenses or a pokemon who cannot contribute until 16 levels later due to a lack of a reliable STAB move
oh joy
>>
>>56528634
>The only way you can contribute is with bp STAB moves
You are retarded, statuses and weather are good.
>>
>>56528634
I see, you are just parroting poketuber memes.
My bad.
>>
>>56528601
Speaking of which, Wide Lens Luxray with Thunder>>>Luxray without Thunder or Thunderbolt.
Spark is nowhere near as potent, but it may be worth keeping for the paralysis chance and to conserve Thunder PP.
>>56528634
>Grotle is slow as fuck and grass is one of the worst types in the game. you know how every starter gets the same ability of "powering X moves in a pinch"? you cannot even use that without risking Grotle dying because it's so damn slow. he's definitely the worse of the starters from my experience.
When it comes to the starters, my opinion is more or less:
-Turtwig line is by far the most reliable in the earlygame, Grotle can just outbulk most things and gets excellent powerful moves early(Curse, Razor Leaf, Bite). Also the most consistent of the three vs Fantina. Drops off a cliff vs Candice and the League.
-Chimchar line is potent from the start, but alway a bit risky thanks to a serious lack of bulk. Best overall.
-Piplup line sucks early on. It needs luck to even handle Roark on its own, which neither of the other two needs, and it loses outright to Gardenia and struggles the most with Fantina. It also does the worst against Maylene. Once it becomes Empoleon and then gets a hold of the Choice Specs it is a monster, but it is bad early on.
>Wide Lens Thunder is more viable than spending ₽200,000 for Thunderbolt, I'll admit, but Jolteon is still frail and only good against 2 types (water and flying).
The frailty combined with the cost of a Thunder miss is a valid concern, but Electric is a very good offensive type that lets it bully a lot of neutral mons. Also, Shadow Ball covers all resistant mons outside Magneton and Steelix.
I do think Jolteon is a bit worse than most people seem to think(I laugh when it gets ranked above the Luxray line for Platinum Nuzlockes), but I also think you underrate it.
>>
>>56528646
>playing slow and inefficient is good
you are confusing PvP for PvE
>>56528650
buffing your pokemon with STAB and abilities is not a meme
>>
>>56528781
Take your ADHD meds, you have until the in-game timer stack overflows to beat your Nuzlocke. A pokemon isn't bad because it takes more than 5 turns to kill, and you don't have a second screen to watch Skibidi Toilet on.
>PvP
Has stall ever been meta for singles?
>>
>>56528807
I do not want to spend 3-6 turns setting up Sand-Attack. sorry I hurt your feelings by criticizing Umbreon.
>>
>>56528815
Your teirlist is knowingly wrong for anybody with-out a crippling mental disability is what you are saying?
>>
>>56528781
It's called playing slow and efficiently, that what Umbreon is all about. Pokemon needing stab is a meme, in generation 3 the Gengar line has no good stab but it's still one of the best due to the versatility and power it brings to the table.
Stauses and weather are excellent especially since they last forever in gen 4 and none of the bosses set it up. Pokemon is a game where probability exists and making things in your favor more likely to happen is a viable strategy. Poison and Toxic wear down the enemy while sleep and freeze take away turns, paralysis fucks over speed and burn fucks over physical attackers.

>>56528826
Yes that is what he's saying.
>>
>>56528807
>Has stall ever been meta for singles?
Not for platinum I don't think
>>
>>56528807
I don't think stall has ever been meta, but it's usually really good since there are too many commonly run anti-stall tools. But it tends to have an uptick in viability while hyper offense is really good, of course hyper offense tends to suffer the most bans and gets worse as the metagame develops so both eventually fall off.
>>
>>56528826
>backhanded insult
not an argument
>>56528832
sorry my personal experience with those mons hurt your feelings. I've actually used Gengar recently and it ate shit because the comedically bad level up movepool (lick, spite, night shade, shadow punch, etc.) so you're wrong. you need the right moves to make certain pokemon work. some pokemon get them ASAP and others take forever. Gengar CAN get them... eventually, but it's a shitfest until you do.
>>
>>56528838
>Muh personal experience
You were responding to an anon giving advice to another anon, of course people are going to shit on you for your bad advice.
>>
>>56528845
I wasn't giving advice to anyone. how about you read the filename of the image that's triggering you so much before jumping to conclusions.
>>
>>56528846
I read the filename anon the doesn't make you not dumb.
>>
>>56528838
You didn't give your Gengar any TMs? Any low power special move is going to be OP in a Gengar. Levitate+Ghost type alone is great for defense/pivoting even if you are too dumb to give Gengar any moves.
>>
>>56528836
>but it's usually not really good
Oops, but 'stall' is 'meta' in generation 2 but it's less of a case of stall being strong and more like they barely added any offensive options so games just go on forever and the meta as a whole smells of stall.
>>
>>56528850
>namecalling
I accept your concession, I guess. ₽200,000 on a tbolt still isn't a good investment though.
>>56528852
how about you reread my post, carefully this time.
>>
>>56528846
>Not the words "I don't like" and "isn't enjoyable"
>instead uses "Is bad" and "isn't useful for"
If I prsented an image showing "why the earth is flat" and gave it the file name "my personal opinion" it shouldn't make the claims of the image immune to criticism.
>>
>>56528860
>I accept your concession, I guess. ₽200,000 on a tbolt still isn't a good investment though.
I never said that, more than one person can disagree with your takes Anon.

>>56528852
He did say level up moveset, even then Gengar still gets hypnosis and confuse ray.
>>
>>56528867
now you're splitting hairs. you really want me to end all of my sentences with "with my opinion"?
>spending ₽200,000 on a single use TM for a frail pokemon is a bad move... in my opinion
>spending 3+ turns setting up sand attack to then be able to attack with 40 BP on your 65 ATK mon is bad... in my opinion
>Gengar struggles to be good without access to special moves... in my opinion
hope you're happy now
>>56528873
>hypnosis and confuse ray
so you want me to pray for good RNG with status moves on a glass-canon like Gengar?
>>
>>56528890
>so you want me to pray for good RNG with status moves on a glass-canon like Gengar?
I just said he gets some good moves in his level up move pool, not denying he needs tms.
>>
>>56528890
No saying "The sky is Red, in my opinion" is no less wrong than saying "The sky is Red" if anything it is more wrong, the color of the sky is not an opinion.
I would not like you to say "in my opinion" after making claims about objective things.
>>
>>56528890
>now you're splitting hairs. you really want me to end all of my sentences with "with my opinion"?
If you're argument is that you too lazy/don't want to increase the friendship of your Pokemon you should have put them in the "Not In The Game" tier.
Nobody is questioning those choices since they all can take a lot of time, but when you put Umbreon and Espeon alongside Buneary people are going to have problems.
>>
File: 1715050583945504.png (373 KB, 1140x760)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>56528906
well sure, Shadow Ball at Lv. 33. good luck until then because the Shadow Ball TM is very late in the game, Thunderbolt is ₽200,000, and Energy Ball seems to be in the post-game. I'm only saying that these things hurt Gengar's viability quite a bit during an in-game playthrough.
>>56528909
>t-technically speaking, I-said, you-said, I-said, you-said
keep debate-edging I guess. you've strayed so far from the conversation that you aren't moving the goalpost; you're in a completely different field.
>>56528922
they're only together because the list isn't that nuanced.
I don't want to spend hours on friendship grinding to get a Pokémon that cannot immediately contribute until 16 levels later. I don't want to spend ₽200,000 for a single move for a frail poke who is only good against 2 types either. that's all. the only thing I'm saying is "wasting time (and resources) is bad." buneary is bad for other reasons but all are bad... in my opinion.
>>
>>56528967
"bad... in my opinion" still wrong. Bad isn't an opinion, "feels bad" is.
>>
>>56528987
you're dumb in my opinion
>>
Strength Flareon is OP and this is a fact
>>
>>56528994
>no Flare Blitz in gen 4
lol
>>
>>56529014
>using recoil moves in a nuzlocke
lol
>>
>>56529037
>using Flareon
lol
>>
File: Lt,Surge.png (579 KB, 1460x891)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
>>56526000
Luckily for me, there are a lot of routes post Misty, and you get the Old Rod. Diglet cave was replaced with Litwick cave. Thankfully, they had lost minimize, they gained a 90bp STAB move, but the Route 4 litwicks were a threat because they had two DoT effects and prevented you from escaping. Though I was down there before beating the S.S. Anne because I forgot you need Cut to get back to the town between Pallet and Pewter, and I was on red health with everyone who wasn't Madame Web and a level 5-13 Worra, and I wanted that Town token to save the money on healing, since Madame Web was the Candle Cove adventure she was one battle away from becoming Level 25 by the time we left.
S.S. Anne was tense had like three healing items by the end. Wouldn't have had this issue if I didn't need to explore every room, it would have been easier. Since items are randomized Primarium Z could be in any trash can.
I don't know what the best stage 1 starter you could get stuck with is (probably Bulbasuar) but Charmander knows smoke bomb, so it isn't a complete wash for Blue1, he got me pretty roughed up and made me box Madame Web, not that I would have used her against Surge.
Surge and his gym were easy, magical leaf has infinite accuracy, which meant he was wasting his time boosting his evasiveness, I probably didn't need to teach Justina Dig for the fight, but I'm glad I planned ahead of just using two mons.
Both my Steenees have had natures that reduced the Attack stat, which is pain.
>>
>>56528967
In regards to the Eeveelutions:
-Flareon is alright, can use Fire Blast(Wide Lens)+Strength/Return and Dig. More held back because of middling bulk than movepool
-Jolteon requires Thunder+Wide Lens and is very potent with it, if a bit risky. 20000+5500>200000. Thunderbolt's high cost is ridiculous.
-Vaporeon gets by on being really fat until Brine and Surf, at which point it becomes arguably the best Eeveelution. Wide Lens Blizzard sort of works?
-Espeon is honestly garbage. Friendship Evolution is already kind of a bummer, but it is also stuck with only Grass Knot until Level 29(when it gets Swift) and it doesn't get STAB until 36 in the form of Psybeam, which sucks. To get Psychic, you need either level 64 or a 200000 down payment. Frail, can't use powerful STAB without astronomical cost... It is bad.
-Umbreon is slow to play, but basically always wins thanks to just outbulking everything. It also gets early access to Payback, which hits slightly harder than Flareon's strength and almost on par with Leafeon's Return. Heals itself, too. Honestly the most self-sufficient Eeveelution by a mile, once the friendship is high enough.
-Leafeon is tanky, speedy, can use Dig and Return/Strength like Flareon, but does lack a good physical STAB to really leverage, but handles it better than most Eeveelutions. Solid, probably better than Flareon.
-Glaceon doesn't exist until the seventh Gym, and lugging Eevee around until this point is a joke. It is also outclassed by more or less every other Ice-type around the area.
>>
>>56529122
>Solid, probably better than Flareon.
I disagree. Flareon has both higher attack, so it does the Dig+Return+Quick Attack thing better, and higher special attack, meaning it can actually do decent damage with special fire moves. Flareon gets access to all the strong Fire TMs in the game. All Leafeon gets is weak grass level up moves.
>>
>>56529122
>Thunderbolt's high cost is ridiculous.
>Espeon is honestly garbage.
>Umbreon is slow to play
finally, someone who gets it. thank you.
>>
File: Vs Clair.png (1.23 MB, 1518x1231)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
Haven't played much for a while, just slowly leveling up the crew and made sure to give Mean Mama and Anton haircuts for stronger Returns. also collecting Berries.
Either way, time for Clair!
>Vs Clair
>Dragonair
Selkie(holding a NeverMeltIce) oneshots it with Aurora Beam.
>Dragonair 2
It happens again.
>Dragonair 3
...it barely lives the Aurora Beam and Thunder Waves Selkie.
It then uses DragonBreath, but Selkie Rests away both the damage and paralysis.
Dragonair gets in two more DragonBreaths before Selkie wakes up and Aurora Beams it. Dragonair didn't do much damage, but it is gonna matter.
>Kingdra
Kingdra uses DragonBreath on Selkie, who Aurora Beams back. This repeats once more and then I'm in a bit of a situation. Thanks to Dragonair, Selkie is worn down enough for a Hyper Beam to KO... Maybe even a really high DragonBreath roll could.
So I send Mean Mama in. DragonBreath could be bad if it goes for it, Surf would be a nightmare....
>Kingdra used Hyper Beam
Thank goodness. Mean Mama cleans up Clair with Return.
>>
>restarted my plat nuzlocke because i lost my two favorite pokemon
>desperately want to catch an abra so i autistically restart if i dont catch one on an early route
>restart about 20 times
>finally catch one, with a good nature too
>get into a trainer battle 30 seconds latter
>a fucking crickerot critical hits and one hit KO's my full hp turtwig
>restart again
will i ever be free?
>>
File: E4 Team.png (8 KB, 640x576)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
Managed to recover my Crystal Legacy Nuzlocke save I thought I lost in a hard drive crash, picked up where I left off right after Gym #8 trying to team build for the Elite 4 and I think this should be OK?
I could probably swap Sudowoodo out for something else but that's my favorite
>>
>>56529665
> be using transcoded pokemon
> be suprised when they ACK themselves
>>
>>56529665
>not just trading for the one they give you for a machop in the city that has the very first gym leader
huh?
>>
>>56529678
Turtles are real, seek help.
>>56529686
Some people ban trading.
>>
>>56529678
my beloved turtwig is trans?
>>56529686
i did that on my wipe run, but i barely got to use him bc he constantly disobeyed me, so i decided i would just catch a fresh one
>>
File: 1697959843322902.jpg (400 KB, 1818x1818)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
> xhe doesn't know
oh no no no
>>
>>56529724
You do know Yuyuko isn't trans right? She's just dead, there's probably a better argument for Yukari since she's a former human and not a princess turned ghost princess like Yuyuko.
>>
>>56529724
Am I supposed to understand this? I mean, not that I am capable of understanding the tranny obsessed lunatics mind, but like what specifically triggered them.
>>
let us not fight.... nuz brothers...
>>
turtwig is made for BBC. i have to play with blacked cluase to avoid wipeing so muche (avoid all african trainers)
>>
>>56529770
too late for that
>>
Gen IV has the least sexy starters as a femme enjoyer.
>>
>>56529801
dawn is hot
>>
>>56529801
floatzel and shinx are hot
>>
>>56529801
Lyra is awful, I agree
>>
>>56529812
>>56529870
>Monkey that can't even do sorcery
Disgusting.
>>56529835
Those are not starters.
>>
>>56529897
>turtwig met location: Route 201
>shinx met location: Route 201
>>
>>56529913
that’s illegal
>>
>>56529928
wait you're right, technically route 201 is a no catch route bc you get turtwig there
>>
>>56529960
she’s not even on route 201 anyway it’s kricketshit and bidoof
>>
>>56529913
I fucking hate when Starters don't have an in town met location.
>>56529835
Shinx isn't even that hot, like like Luxray is way better, Shinx is goompy as hell.
>>
Special rule Eeveelocke - When the first encounter on a route is a normal or non-dragon special type, and you catch it, you spawn in an Eevee with the same IVs and ability number, and hidden power type, and it has to evolve into the eeveelution with the corresponding type, normal types aren't allowed to evolve. If there are two viable types on the pokemon, you caught use the first one.
...and release the Pokémon you caught.
If the first encounter doesn't have a viable type, you can either write the route off or reroll until you encounter a monster with a viable type, or you can take non-eevee pokemon into your party, or even implement Unownlocke on the uneeveed types.
Special rule Unownlocke - When you catch a pokemon, you spawn in an Unown with the same IVs and ability number (I think Unown has 1 ability), and a hidden power based on the captured pokemons first type.
...and release the Pokémon you caught.
>>
is there a way to make melonDS go faster than the base speed up im still trying to catch the abra and the intro is brutal, i spend like 10 minutes spamming a
>>
First turn
>Double Slap
>Hits 3 times one is a crit
Second turn
>Double Slap
>Hits 5 times
Third Turn
>Hits 3 times one is a crit
>My mon faints
Words can not describe my rage.
>>
why is dawn's mother wearing panties over her pants
>>
File: Johanna_DP.png (30 KB, 150x375)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>56530269
It's an apron.
>>
File: Rgf.png (260 KB, 411x362)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>56530269
Johanna let’s Dawn dress like this so why not
>>
>>56530275
it looks too much like panties on her sprite to be an apron,
>>
>>56530305
Just because the sprite makes it look like she's shitting her pants doesn't mean she's actually doing it
>>
it has been several hours and i still have not caught the abra
>>
>>56530428
My condolences.
>>
File: 1719607427175714.jpg (28 KB, 488x520)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>56530428
my guy, you need to overcome this abra obsession
>>
>>56530459
He can't, some people want a Garde wife or can't control themselves around NintalesI'm looking at you Lee while other's jave a crippling Abra addiction.
>>
>pov its another fucking bidoof and not an abra again
>>56530458
>>56530459
i cannot stop i need to get it ive spent too much time at this point but the game is being cruel to me
>>
FREEEEEEDOM
>>
>>56530873
>Male
what a waste
>>
File: CrystalLegacy2.png (242 KB, 1462x752)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>56528084
I've made it too Bugsy with only one additional loss, Grape the Butterfree valiantly sacrificed himself in order to stop a level 11 growlithe from a fire breather trainer in union cave.
Bugsy went down pretty easily. Chestnut the HootHoot delt with his Pineco, followed by Melon the larvitar dealing with his Ledian and setting up sand. When his Syther came out I had Cinnamon the Furret steal it's berry juice then I switched into BLKBerry the Geodude and killed with rock throw.
Also I don't know why but my max or near maxed happiness pokemon are being presented with broken hearts here, probably due to something Crystal Legacy changes about friendship. I like what was done with Sentret/Furret in this, they get thief really early so that'll make getting certain items easier and it helps by stealing the held items of gym leaders.

>>56528291
No setup or stat changing moves? But then again we already has a caveman here who doesn't know what those are.cBoxing the shiny Finizen, it's not exactly in theme for a rocketlocke.

>>56529080
Why is the Brionne called Madam Web? Other than that glad to see you've bounced back.

>>56529392
Why is there a woman in a Dewgong suit on you're team, is she a furry or something?
>>
I wish challenge hacks removed EVs, getting perfect EVs isn't hard just annoying.
>>
>>56531520
>Why is there a woman in a Dewgong suit on you're team, is she a furry or something?
You haven't heard of Selkies?
>"Selkies are mythological creatures that can shapeshift between seal and human forms"
>>
If the starterers for Gen 4-7 (including the remakes) were the Regi Quartet, which Regi would you choose for each game.
>>
>>56531839
dont they all know explosion?
>>
>>56531841
They start getting attacking moves at level 1 starting with gen 5, so only 5+ would work as starters.
>>
>>56531841
OH right most legendaries aren't meant to be seen at low levels, stupid me. They all start with their level 9 move when you get them for DPPt and HGSS.
>>
File: BB2R.png (67 KB, 637x482)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
Trying to run BlazeBlack 2 Redux challenge mode again.
I just finished the first gym, I lost Patrat and Nuzleaf in a very stupid way, but I didnt care about them anyway.
I usually get destroyed in the bug type gym, lets see if I cant do it this time.
>>
File: 1631990908908.jpg (19 KB, 204x283)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>56527612
>mfw I instinctively play hgss with only pokemon given to me as gifts.
>mfw even my first time playing I literally did just that.
>>
When you lose a battle in a nuzlocke do you consider it the end of the tun or do you continue playing with the pokemon you have left in your pc?
>>
>>56532410
Former
>>
>>56532417
I think I would rather just continue with what I have in the box desu
>>
>>56532410
If you lose a battle, then that's it for the run
>>
>>56532446
Why did you ask then
>>
>>56532410
The original nuzlocke comic was based on a playthrough of Ruby that ended in failure thanks to Steven's Metagross.
You can keep playing if you want, but if you whiteout at any point, you fail the challenge.
>>
File: BB2R.png (92 KB, 641x477)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>56532062
Roxie was brutal, I think Burgh will destroy me
Has anyone here nuzlocked BB2 Redux?
>>
>>56532753
I wiped at the Shadow Triad last threas in VW2 Redux, one thing I'd recommend is that Castelia Park is now a grinding spot.
In Castelia you have three gift pokemon; a random egg from the battle company, an Eevee from the dream doctor lady, and one of the gen 2 starters from the clown at the top floor of the battle company. For Burgh Charmeleon is the best pick of starter for Burgh as it quad resists Levanny. Bubusaur is nice for Roxy but if you already have a poison type to clear toxic spikes you don't need it.
Honestly the early game in BB2/VW2 Redux is hardest part and in challenge mode it's only harder, you can certainly beat Burgh without a Charmeleon like how you can beat him without a vital spirit Magby but it's going to be harder.
Also remember you can get rest from a rockstar in one of the buildings of Castelia city and buy Chesto berries at the poke-center, Burgh's challenge mode team doesn't have Spore unlike his normal mode team but it does have better coverage against fire types as well as two intimidate users.
>>
>>56532792
I fucked up by picking bulbasaur, and he died inmediately, is cyndaquil good? or Flareon?
I usually consider gift mons as the encounter for the route so I have to choose only one (Roselia was the exception because this game is too hard)
>>
>>56532834
First of all, it's a double battle in challenge which means you're probably going to lose somebody no matter what. Double battles are way more aggressive
If you don't have Charmeleon Flareon is youre best option, it's had a state redistribution so it's base speed is now 95, and it learns swift at 16, covet at 22, and fire fang at 24. You're best bet is probably to EV train a Flareon for speed as then it can out speed Burgh's Yanmega and steal it's bug gem so it can't one shot a pokemon with tinted lends + bug gem.
There are two different npcs who give out stones, one which gives out a stone for your elemental monkey and another who gives you one of any stone. One is at the docks and the other is at Castelia garden but I don't remember which is which so just be careful with dialogue options.
>>
>>56532859
Im playing the EVless version.
Im gonna ho with Flareon and see what happens but things are not looking good for me
>>
>>56531520
what is the app in the picture?
>>
>>56533151
Anon... it's in the OP

>>56527612
>Nuzlocke generator
https://nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
http://nuzlocke-generator.com/
>>
>>56533156
No one reads the OP
>>
Has anyone atempted to nuzlocke clover? Besides the motherfucks is it worth trying?
>>
>Complete Gym
>Think to myself "Hey I didn't do so bad"
>Put the one death from the gym in the Graveyard
>The realize the amount of dead has doubled since the last Gym.
>>
>>56533308
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of the lost children.
And I will strike upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee, motherfucker!
>>
i've noticed this thead is active in the morning and completely dead at night....!
>>
>>56532792
how do I get the Eevee? I talk with the dream doctor and nothing happens
>>
>>56533528
I think you get it from one of her lab assistants, I think her name was Amanita. That's how I got it on normal mode, maybe it was changed in Challange Mode?
>>
>>56533542
I just realized I was playing an older version, 1.1.1, I downloaded 1.4.1 now, this one has the Eevee and the battle tower egg.
Apparently this newer version is a little bit easier, castelia garden is now a different area so I have more encounters.
>>
>>56533462
America and Europe make up the majority of the English speaking internet, this makes sense.
>>
File: 1723235621047987.png (547 KB, 722x720)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
>>56532096
>togepi
>spearow
>eevee
>shuckle
>tyrogue
>dratini
STOP HURTING YOURSELF, ANON.
>>
File: CrystalLegacy3.png (256 KB, 1460x765)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
>>56531520
Got a Mankey on Route 34, Psyduck on Route 35, Murcrow in the National park, and hatched my daycare egg for my Golden Rod city encounter. I thought of waiting for the Eevee since it isn't in the wild but wanted to see what I got from the egg instead. That was a mistake as I got a Tyrogue which distracted with grinding it up into a Hitmonlee instead of actually fighting Whitney. All the Hitmons were buffed here, but they're still Hitmons in gen 2 so aside from Hitmonlee with his Foresight + Hi Jump Kick, they aren't that good.
I beat Whitney of course, but I almost lost BLKBerry the Geodude because I got cocky and tried to show off instead of just killing Miltank with Jump Kick. I'll probably need to play safer in the future. I also had to Sadly box Cinnamon, she's already past her early game power spike, but she was very useful in the first two gyms.
Guess I need to start building for Morty now, Ghost was changed to a special type in this which kind of makes me miss physical Shadow Ball. Shadow Punch is okay, but I've always liked the flavor of throwing a solidified mass of shadow like a dodge ball and it being physical.

>>56531833
Yeah, but that's straight up just a woman in a seel suit lol.
>>
What do you usually do with gift mons? do they count as the encounter for that location?
>>
>>56534689
yes
>>
>>56534742
thats what I do too, but I was looking at a youtuber who beat BB2Redux and he didnt count them as encounters. And this game is full of giftmons, he got 3 of them in castelia, youtubers are such faggots
>>
>>56534757
well, the first two rules of the nuzlocke is permadeath and limitations on catching pokemon. so technically he’s not breaking the rules but it feels right to consider gift Pokémon as “encounters” for that given area imo.
>>
>>56534597
>Yeah, but that's straight up just a woman in a seel suit lol
Fair enough, wasn't sure how to pull off a Selkie look so I want with something simple.
>>
>>56533308
I think there was one anon attempting it last thread, but I think he wiped.
>>
can someone reccomend me a good show to watch while i play my plat nuzlocke
>>
>>56535141
Your attention really shouldn't be split between the game and something else, a lot of deaths happen that way. If you insist though, i'll recommend Star Trek The Next Generation, less action to distract you from the game.
>>
File: B24.png (457 KB, 1200x1268)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
Finally have a fully evolved team of mons. Took out Skyla and then trudged through Reversal Mountain. Kinda have 0 motivation for this playthrough. It just feels like a necessary step i need to take so i can unlock the hard mode for White 2 where the real fun begins
>>
File: 1709029504271795.png (96 KB, 336x383)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>platinum
>first double with ethan
>send in ponyta to switch-train
>send out shinx for the turn-1 intimidate
>ethan's chimchar used ember on shinx because he was trying to trigger ponyta's flashfire
nani the fuck
>>
>>56535942
No idea if newer games still do it but Gen4 loves pulling that shit.
Lance can and will kill your pokemon in HGSS if you switch at the wrong time.
>>
>>56535942
Who the fuck is ethan? Are you in sinnoh or johto?
>>
>>56536026
sorry, I switch between the two games a lot. Lucas, right? I have old man memory.
>>
>>56536026
He named probably Barry Ethan and chose Turtwig or it could be the opposite gender player character and he chose Dawn instead of Lucas for some reason.
>>
File: Erika.png (643 KB, 1460x1054)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>56529080
I have never made it to Erika before, but last time I was at Rocky Tunnel, I noticed the hack was bugged, and now that I have returned I have realized it is much worse than I thought.
...but before that can we talk about how 3/4 monsters have natures that reduce their primary attack stat, except Alice who has a neutral nature.
Speaking of, I have been extraordinarily unlucky with multi-hit moves, I can recall only one that hit three times with-out a crit, and that was the best one for me... at least three deaths were from insane luck, my play session that carried me to Erika started with my freshly caught deerling getting hit with a 3crit, 5, and 3crit double slap set from a Clef in her first battle. Worra died from a similar turn and so did Smeem.
Smeem was my first catch and her life was a tragedy, she needs a unique item to evolve so statistics were not on her side for evolving ever, so I had to plan for her as a suicide pivot, but she faced almost every battle with me, and I couldn’t have made it with-out her, because she soaked up like 3/8ths of the exp from trainer battles, I would have gone over the level cap with-out her, while she was god awful with one useful move (Astonish) I bonded with her.
Justina's death was a shock, the Graveler was holding back using pussy moves convincing me Justina could stay in another turn and then Pulled Magnitude 9 our of his ass, this lead to Worra and Sinna.Kan.'s death due to not having a counter to Poison types, Worra and Justina were a key part of my plan for Erika and the lvl. 47 gyms.
(1/2)
>>56531520
>Why is the Brionne called Madam Web?
She's a sexy clown that doesn't have Spider Powers and can't legally say Spider-Man. Really, the only difference is that Brionne isn't played by an actress who has had her brain turned into mush by copious amounts of drugs.
>>
>encounter wild Pokémon while teamed up with an NPC
>the Pokémon breaks out of the pokéball
>the NPC partner kills the Pokémon
very epic
>>
>>56536280
I just dont count those as encounters until I am done with the escort.
>>
>>56536215
I ended up catching Terra in the final route I had access to, and she saved my ass. Getting her up to level 28 for the fight was rough, and expensive my first attempt at grinding found me with a dead Barboach and nearly run wiped from a wild Wooloo who wouldn't let me run away. Had to go all the way back to Rocky Tunnel to find an approach grinding spot, still spent a lot of my time running from Dieno's and their Dragon Rage.
The gym fight was brutal (in no small part thanks to bugs) Alice and Terra were out, and Victoreebel was shredded after paralysing Terra, Tangela got to set-up ingrain For several turns, Terra and Alice went to work on Vileplume. the whole Erika kept healing the Vileplume. After a while, I was worried about Alice dying from another acid due to the amount of chip she had taken. Switched Alice for Keller, Tengala sucked Terra down to 5 hp, Vileploom missed status on Keller, Terra, and Keller finished of Vileplume, since all of Erika's poison types were dead and Keller needed to be switched, I brought out Stela (who was a Steene still), they were unable to out damage Tengalas healing. My mons were slowly getting chipped down, when they were both low, I was faced with a difficult choice, and switched in Alice and Terra, with Acid gone Alice could survive another turn and Terra was the least valuable to me, Terra dies to Tengala, Tengala surves the turn and dies to Madame Web's Icy wind next turn. I took a walk from the stress of the fight after beating Erika.
A big reason Terra was favored to die is because this romhack is put together like shit, and if you catch a Pokemon at (possibly even "or above") the level it is supposed evolve at it will never evolve. The second major thing is that Fairy Type isn't in the hack. Ever since I got Disarm Cry, I was thinking, "Do I just not know my Fairy Type effectiveness charts, but no, it's untyped and hits neutral on everything. I wonder what happened to the pure Fairy types.
(2/2)
>>
>>56536280
Bro your repels?
>>
>>56536772
good point, I'll try that next time
>>
Can I use the Victini you get before the third gym in BB2Redux? It seems like cheating
>>
>>56537155
That's up to you, the rules say nothing about gifts, and even if they did say something fuck em.
>>
eggs count as the place where i got it not where it hatched right?
>>
>>56537398
First of all what does the game say?
But personally I do it depending on the intention of the hack creator or dev, if the game expects you to have a use a gift or egg pokemon and it's a difficulty hack then it's fine to count them as not area encounters.
But if the game doesn't then I count it as an area encounter.
tldr: Do you want to give yourself a free encounter, yes or no?
>>
>>56537405
Ill keep it on the PC for now
>>
This is my team in BB2Redux just before fighting Burgh in the bug type gym.
Should I get a johto starter or an eevee? and wich one?
I also have petilil, darumaka and bagon on my pc
>>
>>56537398
personally, I count it as where I got it. if I had to count it based on where it hatched: it’d be a fucking pain in the ass. that being said: I usually just deposit it in the PC (especially Togepi).
>>
File: BB2R.png (91 KB, 640x476)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>56537474
>>
Also, I still dont know how to get the Eevee. Ive talked with everyone in the dream doctor room and no one gives me anything
>>
>>56537398
I go by what the game shows when or where you hatch the egg personally
ie, I'd count it as where it hatches, meaning you can go back to a town that has no wild Pokemon encounters, hatch the egg there, and then you get another encounter, basically
>>
What Gen 4-7 (inclusive) game should I Nuzlocke
>>
>>56537536
blaze black and blaze black 2 redux or any of the drayano hacks
>>
>>56537545
>Go kill 255 Pidgeys before you can play the game.
>>
>>56537555
it has an EVless version
>>
>you have to do the Sprout Tower or else Faulkner will be too hard for you haha!
FUCK YOU
>>
>>56537481
You seem to have a pretty good team for Burgh, remember to use Chesto berries and if you haven't picked up rest its somewhere in Castelia.
Try to bait out his Levanny with Ryhorn if you can and then switch into Charmeleon, best case scenario you get hit with a 4x resisted leaf blade, worst case it uses swords dance. But with a plump and tasty Ryhorn the Levanny is way more likely to go for a a leaf blade so you should be fine, especially with Charmeleon 4x effective stab.

>>56537496
Well if you still can't find it they probably moved it, try your best to win Anon.
>>
>>56537825
I won, it was very easy, they nerfed it in the 1.4.1 version, he had a mothim instead of yanmega, also no durant or eviolite scyther.
I ended up using Lilligant instead of Rhyhorn, to take water and rock moves.
Crobat is really good in this gym, if you get find one you win
>>
I actually have to reset because Faulkner is "too strong". he can just wall you with Roost unless you can consistently 2-shot him. your only real options are geodude's rock throw or mareep's thundershock. he's actually one of the hardest fights in the game if you don't have either of those two options. you can't even sand attack him because of keen eye.
>>
>>56537894
What HGSS hack are you nuzlocking?
>>
>>56537900
it's vanilla
>>
>>56537903
cant you use a defense lowering move?
>>
>>56537912
>geodude
nope
>pidgey
nope
>metapod
nope
>totodile
too underleveled, it would quickly die.
it's alright, I'll take the L. lesson learned.
>>
>>56537916
Does Geodude not know rock throw, it gets it by level up.
>>
>>56537951
it was only level 9. it didn't learn it yet.
>>
Do you allow ground shacking spots for BW nuzlockes?
>>
>unlucky crit kills me
well fuck me I guess
>>
>>56538176
yes
>>
>1-shotted early encounter with a crit
today is not my day
>>
finally beat Faulkner. fuck that fight.
it’s awful in the original and the remake.
>>
>>56538176
Yes, it makes routing much easier. By guaranteeing certain encounters in one route you can remove them from the table of a future route making for a much easier time for yourself.
People already do this sort of thing in Nuzlock by manipulating what enemies they can find using repels to remove lower level enemies in an encounter table when there's a disparity in level of random encounters.
>>
>>56537398
It just comes down to the player, I always count it as the location where it hatches.
>>
>>56534597
Beat Morty pretty easily, not with this team tough. I beat him with Mangosteen, DagonFruit, Pear, and Beet for his Stantler. I got Lyche the Goldeen on route 42 through fishing, Seaking is actually pretty good in this as it gets a bunch of useful coverage options and due to being an older pre-phsyical/special split game, having STAB isn't as importaint if it doesn't align with your primary attacking stat. Seaking still isn't as good a Gyarados but it's more versatile and with less weaknesses. I got a female Magby in the Burned Tower using repels to manipulate encounters since at morning the highest level pokemon that will spawn are 18 level Magby and Golbat, and Golbat were already removed from my encounter table. I used a similar strategy in MT. Mortar to ensure a Cubone encounter since I like Cubones and a Tauros in route 38. I could've also gotten a Miltank but both Tauros and Miltank are pretty good.
I could've also gotten a Mismagius in the Burned Tower if I went at night or day but I wanted a Magby so I could have a Fire-Water-Grass core.

>>56536215
>>56536761
Going by your thirst pick choice of names for your Waifumons I'm guessing Terra is named after Terra Strong, also female pokemon had it worse in gen 2 as gender was determined by attack DVs in relation to the species gender ratio so you pretty much always wanted a male pokemon as it would have better attack DVs. But yeah getting bad natures is never fun, but Nuzlockes are about working with what you have after all.
>>
File: CrystalLegacy4.png (261 KB, 1461x809)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>56539315
Fuck forgot image again.
>>
>>56538176
I'd allow manipulating what you can get with repels, so, yeah.
>>
File: nuzlocke-11.png (275 KB, 1460x939)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
First actual death; finally got a Venomoth, and the first thing it did was die against Team Navi. Also, >>56531520 , good idea about the moves and the Finizen I just wanted to Jet Punch things, maybe next run...
>>
File: Chili.png (194 KB, 1460x600)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
FireRed-898 corrupted a Savefiles with two hoirs of progress, taking a break. When GenV was coming out, I considered myself too old for Pokemon. I have never actually been to Unova or Johto.
Chose Black because it had the most attractive picture on the box, chose Snivy because Emboar is... and Samurott's facial hair is a turn-off.
Got lucky, and all the route 1 encounters were male.
Luck ended at Route 2, where I unfortunately found a Lillup, which I took only to use the duplicate clause on later Lillups. In the Dreamyard, I rejected the Panpour because I hate monkeys. Hopefully, I find a Patrat in the Dreamyard, so I can get something I want on Route 3.
On the first turn of the Chili fight, I accidentally had Lady Lilith V.Whip the communal Lillup while it set-up with Work-up. Lillup went to stage 2 attack before biting Lilith for a bit over a fourth of her health, then next turn he went to Stage 3 for some reason, Lilith went to stage 4 and killed him with her serperior speed next turn, and leveled up mid fight. Pansear came out, got hit with a tackle for half his hp, and then tried to set-up with Work-up and died accomplishing less than the communal Lillup. Thank you, game, for teaching me grass beats ass.
>>56539315
>Going by your thirst pick choice of names for your Waifumons I'm guessing Terra is named after Terra Strong
No, just a woman's name that sounds like Terror. I might name a Rattata after Terra Strong, she has a face that evokes negative stereotypes against her people.
>>
wiped at Jupiter. her Skunktank was 5 levels higher than any of my guys, the Sitrus Berry is a massive fuck-you, and using Intimidate 4-5 times did not help at all. oh yeah, Staravia used Double Team a couple of times but Skunktank still hit with a critical hit Night Slash, 1-shotting Staravia (I would have used it more but lucky crit wanted me dead). oh, and the 2 times her Skunktank used Poison Gas both landed. I was “unprepared” but RNG was on the AI’s side.
>>
What about double battle grass in gen 5? I usually go for that because I get two pokemon and I can choose one, is that legal?
>>
>>56540657
you gotta do be only catching the guy who do be spawning on the left as it do be the first encounter slot in double battle
>>
>>56540669
That seems fair,Ill start applying that method when I finish this run
>>
>>56540314
Jupiter is a Nuzlocke killer, Skuntank is mean for that point in the game.
>>
>>56541338
it almost feels like you HAVE to use Geodude, set up Defense Curls (AFTER zubat dies because that thing has Giga Drain), (heal up with Super Potions,) and spam Magnitude to stand a chance

this is not even taking Smokescreen and Poison Gas into account (I forgot the 4th move), or even the fact that Night Slash has an increases critical hit ratio so it can easily bypass all your defense buffs and 1-shot you lol
>>
File: reetard.jpg (47 KB, 773x935)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>Caught a Shelmet on route 11 in Black 2
>Could have caught a Virizion if i had checked the route beforehand instead of wandering straight into the first patch of grass i saw
>>
>>56541593
ok retard
>>
>>56541593
legendaries are cheating
>>
>>56541593
sub-legendaries are cheating. only boxarts are allowed
>>
>>56541593
It's okay, boxarts are cheating. only sub-legendaries are allowed.
>>
>Schizo hours
My mistake. See you some other time.
>>
File: E4Possibilities.png (38 KB, 301x114)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Update time for Region Quest! Got absolutely slaughtered and lost like 12 last time to various trainers in both Drayden/Marlon gym and the whole Plasma situation. Right in front of Victory Road now. These are the Pokémon I have available for the Elite 4, including veterans from other regions, under the level cap. I feel like Lanturn/Absol/Dragonite are probably in for sure, but any recommendations?
>>
>>56541895
add typhlosion/lucario/espeon
>>
>>56537155
There's no rule against legendaries in Nuzlockes, even the original guy used Victini in his Unova run before he got robbed.
>>
File: BB2R.png (97 KB, 646x473)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
things are not looking good for me, Im about to fight Elesa and this is all I have plus a murkrow, golett (cant evolve before the level cap), a shelgon and a stantler without intimidate.
I can also get a hoenn starter, wich one should I get? Sceptile is a dragon in this game
>>
>use Starly and Geodude exclusively
>Platinum early-game goes perfectly
Geodude is just too fucking good
>>
>>56542975
I'm biased for best Hoenn starter (Sceptile), but I don't know how useful it would be overall.
>>
>>56542876
>before he got robbed.
Is that why he stopped doing the comics? Someone stole his 3DS?
>>
Why the fuck is everything in Unova's early game so squishy? I'm about to fight Elesa in White 2 and I still only have 3 available Pokémon because almost nothing can take a hit to literally save their own lives.
Training is infinitely more risky than any of the gym battles so far.
>>
>>56543680
5th gen requires actual skill, get used to it.
>>
>>56543680
Gen 5 is when the powercreep really started with pokemon design, that and when they started to give random trainers more dangerous teams.
That and as you said, there are just a lot of squishier pokemon in WB2's early game.
>>
>>56543250
Swampert would make sense because its an electric gym and I could kill them with ground moves, but its a triplw battle and Im extremely weak to ground so I would end up killing my own guys, plus she has a few grass moves.
Sceptile has double resistance against electric, but she has ice moves too so I dont know.
I dont think I can win this
>>
>started my Clittylocke last night
>wiped to Mar's Purugly
>now I'm stuck in the cage for another 10 hours before I can try again
UGH....
>>
>>56540695
…I think that guy was being sarcastic. Methinks it’s fine to pick and choose.
>>
>>56543680
Set-up leech seed with Servine switch into Audino, profit
>>
*Volt switches your piss seed*
>>
>>56544128
What if you don't pick Snivy or Snivy has died?
>>
>>56544174
All three electric types in Unova, I'm pissing myself, not like Grass type resists electric type.
>>56544213
Idiot.
>>
>>56544227
>I'm pissing myself
Think you are also having a stroke
>>
>>56543426
And the games that had his mons on them. I can't imagine what he felt when he learned all those years of memories were robbed away.
>>56543680
Gen 5 doesn't mess around, you either have to grind on earlier routes or focus rustling grass for Audino.
>>
>>56543680
Im also about to fight Elesa but its a triple battle in a Drayano hack and my team is garbage >>56542975
we are both getting fucked
>>
File: Nigress.png (258 KB, 1460x674)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>56539956
Who's idea was it give pokemon sub 50 exp yields, grinding is fucking miserable in Black, hunting Audino's is the only reasonable option.
How is Pidove that bad, like the only pokemon that I can think of as worse off the top of my head is Sunkern and Cosmog, and Cosmog turns into fucking box legendaries.
I came up to Nigress with a like a plan, and then Shalla hit a crit on the other. Terrier and Watchhog missed three hypnosis.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuNfk9MpqLM

There's no shame in losing to my queen
>>
ok, I beat Jupiter. I had to use evasion, but I don't feel bad at all. anything goes when it comes to deal with that skuntank.
>>
I just realized my Emboar has 1 IV in atack, what a faggot
>>
File: BB2R.png (97 KB, 640x468)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
That went surprisingly well, Elesa defeated
>>
>>56544798
>>56544615
nice
>>
Serperior is ironically worse than Meganium, all it really has over it is speed and aesthetic.
Meganium has more HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Atk and Sp.Def.
>>
>>56544798
Congratulations, Elesa isn't exactly an easy boss to beat without losses and you did well.

>>56544952
No, Meganium is worse. Pokemon don't exist in a vacuum where only their stats matter, they have move pools, abilities and generational/region factors that come into account. in GSC and HGSS Meganium has to go up against an unfavorable matchup against Falkner, Bugsy, Morty, gets hit super effective by Pryce, has to go up against the primarily poison and normal type based Team Rocket, there's Koga in the E4, and the main surf encounter is tentacruel.
Serviper also has bad matchups against Burgh, Roxie, Brycen, and Skyla but had an advantage against Elesa and Clay in BW1 and Marlon in BW2. Not to mention it actually gets leech seed by level up instead of breeding unlike Meganium.
>>
>>56544952
>It has more HP, Defense, and Sp.Defense
Yeah intresting how you didn't mention how much more, having slightly higher survivability than fucking Serperior as your selling point is pathetic.
Meganium is a slow and frail mixed attacker.
>>
Fug I'm completely demolishing this platinum nuzlocke. I'm running an infernape/gyarados/luxray/golbat/gastrodon/bronzong team and it feels balanced as fuck. The weakest link is probably infernape since it's so hard to switch in and both close combat and fire blast are risky.
>>
>>56545329
>golbat
Meant crobat ofc.
>>
>>56545329
Gyarados is unironically S tier in in-game Gen 4 PvE. (your other guys are also very good.) personally, I banned Gyarados in my HGSS nuzlockes because of how much he trivializes the game.
>>
>>56544952
>Serperior is ironically worse than Meganium, all it really has over it is speed and aesthetic.
>Meganium has more HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Atk and Sp.Def.
Wins defenses by 5. Wins the attack stats by 7 or 8.
Has Razor Leaf and Reflect.
Meanwhile, Serperior can set up with Growth(later Coil), team support with Leech Seed, and gets both Screens by Nimbasa.
Serperior can leverage bulk to sweep neutral matchup teams with Return and Leaf Blade in the late game thanks to Coil.
Serperior is better than any version of Meganium.
But Screener Meganium is better Ruby Sceptile, Treecko line is godawful there
>>
>>56545329
>infernape/gyarados/crobat
you didn't beat the game
>>
>>56546293
you use infinite rare candies
>>
File: HOLY FUCK.png (2.4 MB, 1134x857)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
>double battle in plat
>gastly gets a crit sucker punch on rapidash
>rapidash’s flame wheel can’t do shit to GODlem
>ponyta’s flame wheel brings gastly to 1 HP
>flame wheel procs the burn
>GODlem kills both rapidash and ponyta with a single magnitude, allowing gastly to survive the burn
I may have been too reckless…
>>
>lowercase names
not even worthy of a (You). peak soulless.
>>
one last late-night bump from me
>>
File: GZOn3b-XMAAwZyu.jpg (735 KB, 3482x4096)
735 KB
735 KB JPG
found an artist on twitter doing redraws of old sprits thought u guys might like
>>
>>56547244
Women are so fucking ugly.
>>
>>56545329
That is a really stacked team, especially if Luxray has Intimidate.
>>
>>56547244
God i wish adult women were real
>>
>>56547265
>t. homo
>>
>>56547427
Men are also ugly, all monkeys are ugly.
>>
>>56547441
>he unironically fell for the evolution meme
>>
>carry around Eevee all day long
>friendship still hasn’t gone up
yeah, I knew this was bullshit
>>
File: CrystalLegacy5.png (277 KB, 1460x806)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>56539315
Beat Chuck and I have to say, Arbok is pretty strong in this hack, Ekans gets substitute on evolution which makes for a pretty good combo with Glare and Acid. Other than that I suffered no casualties but got pretty close due to how dangerous Chuck's Sudowoodo is, Nance the Marrowak handled it fine. Also I've missed my third encounter now, a Ponyta since i didn't have Nance in my party to use false swipe. But now I'm going to do the rocket hideout and after that I'll either go kill Pyrce or Jasmine.

>>56539487
Rip, Thranx Venomoth, not all Venomoths were born to be all terrain vehicles.

>>56544424
Yep, that's why I have speed-up + mute bound to L+R on my controller, at least you have Shalla, intimidate is pretty good.
>>
File: B25.png (473 KB, 1197x1284)
473 KB
473 KB PNG
>>56535506
Lost Reci the Espeon in a random trainer battle. Got 0 ice types for Drayden because i've mainly been playing during spring and summer ingame months. Ended up leveling up and attack EV training Bolinea the Driblim that i caught in Reversal moutain. Plan was to use a Flying gem boosted Acrobatics to take out the Druddigon, then outspeed with unburden and kill / cripple whatever came out next with Will-o-Wisp & Acrobatics. Problem was Druddigon actually lived the Flying gem boosted Acrobatics and hit Bolinea with a crunch before going down to two more acrobatics after Drayden used hyper potion to heal.

Flygon came out next. Bolinea had 3 hp so i just opted to leave him in and burn Flygon before going down to another Crunch. August the Serperior stalled Flygon to death with chip damage from burn & leech seed. Haxorus got off a dragon dance boosted dragon tail but luckily for me Waley the excadrill got sent out which resisted all of Haxorus' moves and took it out with an earthquake.
>>
>Machamp died because using Dig in the water lets you get hit by enemy attacks while “underground”
very cool. epic, even.
>>
>>56544952
Serperior is better offensively, especially if you get Contrary, but Meganium learns both screens naturally and is easier at support.
>>56548266
That's an interaction I've never seen.
>>
>>56547650
Get the bike out and use the straight line on Solaceon Town and route 210 whule you watch something, that's what I do for hatching eggs.
>>
>>56549502
people here were saying that friendship is free
no one said anything about grinding for hours
>>
>>56547650
What I do is turn on speed up, have the pokemon in the front of the part, and start killing wild pokemon since earning levels also increases friendship.
During this I use the battle items I don't use for anything else as well as any friendship raising berries or vitamins, and of course depending on the generation or hack your playing there might be friendship raising cosmetic options.
>>
I just discovered that if you use screens against a pokemon that knows break break and then switch to a ghost he will keep using brick break even if it doesnt affect it.
I used this to destroy clays garchomp.
>>
I beat Fantina who is considered the 3rd gym leader on the nuzlocke website but the game lists her as the 5th gym leader. what gives?
>>
>>56550773
She’s the 5th gym leader in DP. You do a little loo around the region then come back to Hearthome to fight her.
Her appearing as the 5th in the badge case in Platinum is a holdover from that.
>>
>>56550779
ah, an oversight. that explains it.
>>
>>56549630
Those aren't mutually exclusive. Friendship goes up just by walking, which is why i consider Frustration a bad move in the long run, but it goes up slow. You can also use vitamins and battle items, xattack and others like it.
>>56550201
That is really useful to know actually. Niche, but useful.
>>
File: weee.jpg (284 KB, 1054x979)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
>>56547882
August soloed Marlon. Fighting gem boosted Superpower from Dorian oneshots Kyurem before it had a chance to do anything.
>VS Ghetsis
>Dorian takes out Cofagrigus with Firepunch & Flare Blitz but gets toxic poisoned in the process
>Seismitoad is next. August swaps in and tanks a Muddy Water before hitting back with a Giga Drain
>Seismitoad lives with 1 hp and hits back with a Sludge Wave. Ghetsis tries to heal but 2 more Giga Drains takes the frog out and August is back at full hp
>Eelektross comes out. August uses Leech Seed while tanking a Flamethrower that sadly also burns
>August Protect stalls to get some hp back before using Giga Drain that does very little damage to Eelektross for some reason. August tanks an Acrobatics
>One more turn of Protect stall before i swap in Thrax who tanks an Acrobatics before taking the eel out with a Sludge Bomb
>Drapion comes out and gets burned by a Will-o-Wisp
>Thrax has no real way to damage Drapion outside of stalling so i swap in Waley who tanks a Night Slash that does almost no damage before taking Drapion out with an Earthquake
>Toxicroak comes out and immediately dies to an Earthquake
>Hydreigon comes out and misses a Dragon Rush before tanking some damage from a Rock Slide
>Second Dragon Rush hits and crits. so i'm forced to swap Waley out for Stan who even after the Intimidate attack drop still takes over half his hp from Dragon Rush
>Hydreigon is getting low hp from Life orb damage and i'm expecting Ghetsis to heal so i swap in Thrax hoping to live long enough to get off a Will-o-Wisp but Ghetsis doesn't heal and Hydreigon hits another Dragon Rush before dying to Life Orb damage

Honestly wasn't expecting to come out of this fight with the whole team still alive. Assumed Ghetsis would have more healing items besides one measly full restore but i guess he blew all his money on that flying boat
>>
>>56544952
I don't know. Serperior has worked really well as a stall mon for me with Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Protect and Leftovers/The root item that increases drain healing. Could probably even add Substitute or reflect/Light screen into that movelist. Certainly gotten more use out of him than the other 2 Unova starters.
>>
>>56551245
ok so they were lying about friendship being free.
good to know they were full of shit.
>>
>>56551879
People call friendship free because the optimal way to earn it is by doing stuff you were already going to do like grinding and use resources you weren't going to use anyways. You usually get the Soothe Bell pretty early on as well.
>>
I know I already said this months ago, but Platinum has the most bizarre game corner in the franchise. you play "simon says press this button" with a Clefairy and get drip-fed 15 coins per round. like, it's easier to win sure but the payout is crappy and even 777 only gives 100 coins. I much prefer the game corners in gen 3 kanto where you can actually use skill to get 777s and win 300 coins per jackpot (although I wish the payout was better, like, 777 coins per jackpot). I legit have no clue what the devs were thinking when they designed the veilstone gamecorner.
>>
>>56551392
Based Darmanitan one shoting gods, congratulations on wrecking Ghestsis.
Hope you have good luck and planning for the E4.
>>
File: B26.png (503 KB, 897x1015)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
>>56551392
>VS Shauntal
>Totuna MISSES a Compoundeyes Thunder so Cofagrigus gets off a Will-o-Wisp
>Second Thunder hits and oneshots the coffin
>Chandelure comes out, i swap in Dorian who tanks a mean Fire Blast
>I swap in Stan who immunes a Shadow Ball before taking out the chandelier with a dark gem boosted Crunch
>Golurk comes out, i swap in August a Brick Break and then stalls out Golurk with Leech Seed, Protect and Giga Drain
>Driblim comes out, August sets up another Leech Seed while tanking an Acrobatics
>Thrax comes in, misses 2 Will-o-Wisps but eventually takes out Driblim with stall tactics

>VS Grimsley
>Totuna tanks a Fake Out before taking the cat out with a Signal Beam
>Scrafty comes in, tanks a Thunder and hits back with a crit Rock Tomb that leaves Totuna with 2 hp
>Totuna Volt switches which takes out Scrafty
>I swap in August who stalls out Krookodile
>Bisharp comes in and i swap in Dorian who tank an X-Scissor before taking it out with a Flare Blitz

>VS Caitlin
>Totuna learned Bug Buzz while fighting Grimsley but fails to still fails to oneshot Musharna who gets off a Yawn
>Totuna Volt Switches which takes Musharna out. I swap in Stan.
>Reuniclus comes out and dies to a dark gem boosted Crunch
>Sigilyph comes out, gets off a Psychic before dying to 2 Crunches
>Gothitelle comes out, i swap in August who tanks a Thunderbolt
>August sets up Leech Seed while tanking a Psychic
>I swap in Totuna who tanks another Psychic before taking Gothitelle out with a Bug Buzz

>VS Marshal
>August stalls out Troh
>Mienshao comes out, i swap in Thrax expecting a U-Turn but get hit by a High Jump Kick instead
>Thrax protects twice, Mienshao kills itself with High Jump Kick
>Conkeldurr comes out and gets stalled out by Thrax alternating between Protect and Sludge Bomb
>Sawk comes out and fails to do anything noteworthy thanks to Will-o-Wisp

Starting to have some serious appreciation for Weezing and Serperior. They can neutralize so many threats in this game
>>
File: iris.jpg (443 KB, 1512x1062)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>56553066
>VS Iris
>I never found a Bug Gem in my travels so Hydreigon sadly doesn't die to a single Bug Buzz and gets off a Flamethrower
>Totuna is a hardy bug and shrugs it off before taking the Flying hydra out with 2 more Bug Buzzes as Iris tries to heal
>Druddigon comes out, Totuna Volt Switches out and i bring in Stan who tanks a Rock Slide before taking the dragon out with a Return
>Aggron comes out, i swap in August who misses the first Leech Seed so Aggron gets off 2 Autotomizes
>Aggron hits August with a crit Double Edge but August eventually heals most of it back up thanks to Leftovers & Leech Seed and Protect Stall
>Lapras comes out, i swap in Dorian who tanks an Ice Beam
>Dorian hits Lapras with a Flare Blitz. Lapras lives with a sliver of hp
>Dorian dies to a Surf (Wishing i had a Fire Gem right about now)
>Wounded Totuna gets a safe switch in and takes Lapras out with a Thunderbolt
>Archeops comes out and immediately dies to a Thunder
>Haxorus comes out Totuna volt switches into Thrax Who eats an Earthquake because i fucking forgot that Mold Breaker is a thing
>Thrax deflects a Dual Chop with Protect while healing himself up a little bit with Black Sludge
>Thrax hits a Will-o-Wisp while Haxorus uses Dragon Dance
>Thrax stalls out the last dragon and eventually takes it out with a Sludge Bomb while tanking another Earthquake

Going to Champion Dorian as well since he was with me all the way from Desert Resort and only died because i was too lazy to grind dust clouds for more Gems.
Hardmode White 2 next. Out of Unova starters so think i'll come up with a list of mons that you rarely get to use in Nuzlocke runs + some starters from the earlier gens that i missed and then flip a coin to see which one i'll use as a starter for the next run.

>>56552547
He was a good lad
>>
>>56553123
based weezing enjoyer
>>
File: pepp.jpg (25 KB, 520x509)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>56553123
>Rolled a Beldum which is nice since i've never used it because it's post game mon and i tend to end my runs after i become champion
>Can't actually trade it over until i take out the first gym
Damn... At least i have an adamant Patrat
>>
I beat Crasher Wake but lost Slowbro in the process. I spent ₽11,000 on 2 TMs for it too, only for it to die so soon. Shame.
>>
File: Vs the League.png (1.26 MB, 1518x1231)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB PNG
>>56529392
Time for the Indigo Plateau!
>Vs Will
>Xatu 1 and 2
They get in a Quick Attack each before falling to Lighter's Bite.
>Exeggutor
Flamethrower oneshot.
>Slowbro
It lives a Bite and uses Amnesia before falling to a second Bite.
>Jynx
Falls to Flamethrower.
With a Houndoom on my team, this was never in doubt.

>Vs Koga
>Ariados
Lighter takes it out with Flamethrower and levels up to 46.
>Forretress
Flamethrower. Not wasting a turn on Sunny Day and letting it explode.
>Muk
This thing is specially tanky, so I send in Mean Mama as Muk Minimizes.
Return hits hard, but it puts Toxic onto Mean Mama.
Return then misses, letting Mean Mama take a Sludge Bomb.
She hits a second Return, defeating Muk.
>Venomoth
I send Lighter back in on Psychic, which is ideal. A completely unnecessary Flamethrower crit destroys the moth.
>Crobat
Crobat Double Teams, but still gets hit by Flamethrower. Koga then uses a Full Restore as Lighter misses the next.
Next turn, both mons miss, Crobat with Toxic and Lighter with Flamethrower. This leads to the turn after that just being a repeat, but both hit.
Crobat gets a Wing Attack in, but then falls to another Flamethrower.
That's two down.
>>
>>56553647
Bruno probably has the biggest potential to just outright kill something on my team. Not cause a wipe- Karen or Lance might have a shot at that. The reason is Machamp. All my tankier mons are weak to Fighting, and my resists are made of paper. A Cross Chop crit will OHKO anything.
>Vs Bruno
>Hitmontop
Sundra Dee sets up 4 growths as Hitmontop hits it for pretty mediocre damage with Quick Attack. After a fifth Quick Attack, Giga Drain takes Hitmontop out.
>Hitmonchan
It falls to Giga Drain, only getting a Mach Punch in.
>Hitmonlee
Falls to Giga Drain after a Double Kick.
>Machamp
Cross Chop does massive damage, sending Sundra Dee into the red, but without the crit, the Grass-type survives to oneshot with Giga Drain.
>Onix
Onix sets up Sandstorm, then falls to Giga Drain like everyone else.

>Vs Karen
>Umbreon
Anton hits it with a Sludge Bomb, doing a bit more than a third. Umbreon misses a Sand-Attack. Second turn is the same, but Sand-Attack hits this time. A third Sludge Bomb takes it out.
>Houndoom
I send in Lighter, taking a Flamethrower. The two Houndooms then hit eachother with Strength and Flamethrower respectively. But Strength does less than half, which ends up a problem.
Karen uses a Max Potion on her Houndoom, and even after Lighter hits it with a Strength, the Houndoom is both sure to live and has a guaranteed KO on Lighter if I stay in.
I swap in Selkie, who takes less than half from Flamethrower. She takes another Flamethrower, and then Surfs the Houndoom to KO it.
>Vileplume
Anton back in on Petal Dance, which does tiny damage. Anton uses Focus Energy, then oneshots Vileplume with a Sludge Bomb Crit.
>Gengar
Gengar uses Curse, and Anton uses String Shot. I know this Gengar has a bad moveset, but also Destiny Bond. Next turn is another String Shot, and Gengar Licks Anton in return. Mean Mama comes in a Lick, ignoring it, and takes Gengar out with Shadow Ball.
>Murkrow
Falls to a single Quick Claw Return.
>>
>>56553670
And finally, the Champion. But this is not the end, since Blue and Red are waiting.
>Vs Lance
>Gyarados
Gyarados sets up the rain with Rain Dance, and Sundra Dee uses Growth to power up. Gyarados Surfs, but Giga Drain does big damage and heals back what damage was taken. Gyarados then uses Hyper Beam, but it does not KO Sundra Dee, who finishes Gyarados off with Giga Drain.
>Dragonite (L47)
This is either the Blizzard or Thunder Dragonite. I assume Blizzard since it came in on Sunflora. This offers Selkie a perfect switcth-in!
...Except Dragonite uses Hyper Beam instead of Blizzard. Still doesn't hurt Selkie too bad, and a Mint Berrry Rest during the recharge heals her right back up. Dragonite then falls to Ice Beam.
>Dragonite 2 (L47)
Ice Beam.
>Aerodactyl
I swap in Mean Mama on a Rock Slide. She then Charms the Aerodactyl twice as it uses first Ancient Power and then Wing Attack on her. Finally, I swap back to Selkie, and Aerodactyl fires off a Hyper Beam... that does tiny, tiny damage. A Surf during the recharge takes Aerodactyl out.
>Dragonite 3 (L50)
Ice Beam oneshots again, and Selkie levels up to 48.
>Charizard
Two turns of Flamethrowers and Surfs, and the champion is defeated.

It was pretty neat that Beedrill got to play a small but very important role vs Karen(those String Shots prevented a potential Destiny Bond death and Umbreon could have caused some issues as well) and Sunflora got to shine both vs Bruno and a little vs Lance's Gyarados.
Considering which game to play after Silver. I was thinking White but I can't find my cartridge, so perhaps Black instead.
>>
File: W21.png (309 KB, 1200x799)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>56553334
Just need to have Marrow the Riolu survive the Cheren encounter and i should be fine for the Virbank gym as well.
>>56553698
Congratz. Loving the art on >>56553647
>>
How do I beat Sabrina in a Fighting only run of Yellow?
>>
File: 800px-0057Primeape.png (356 KB, 800x800)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
>>56554334
Easily
>>
>>56554341
Ironically enough I started the run with two mankeys and don't have either Primape on me right now. One is in the PC. One is at the daycare. I'm using 8 pokemon instead of 6 for funsies and to off set the traded exp. bonuses slightly.
>>
>>56553123
Congrats on beating Iris! Did you ever settle on a nickname for Beldum?
>>
>>56546293
Infernape isn't that strong with set mode. A water type and a flying type can easily take care of most stuff that infernape is good against, you won't run into many normal types in platinum, and fire/fighting is a fairly bad defensive typing.
>>
File: CrystalLegacy6.png (236 KB, 1461x777)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>56547775
Ended up going for Jasmine first since her level cap allowed me to get hi jump kick on Hitmonlee but I lost Cantalope and Banna to her Scizor after I misread a switch and it got a free swords dance.
Now I have to grind/build up a new team to beat Pyrce, I won't be bringing Cherry the Magmar since the only two pokemon Pyrce owns that have a Fire weakness are also weak to Bug and Seaking learns Megahorn.

>>56553123
>>56553698
>>56553670
>>56553647
Congratulations of your win you two. The art was a nice touch, it feels really in the spirit of a Nuzlocke.
>>
>>56555513
Staraptor covers a lot of the same stuff Infernape does, while both having Intimidate(so much better functional bulk) and usually hitting harder.
But Staraptor is an absolute top of the line Nuzlocke mon so being outdone by it isn't that bad.
It is kinda funny that the line is the most common one in Sinnoh though, without dupes clause you could end up with a team of six Staraptors in a Nuzlocke.
>>
File: 1705743333913059.jpg (156 KB, 1080x734)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>56555857
>>56555513
If it's over 20%, you didh't beat the game
>>
File: 1716391038674589.jpg (182 KB, 1333x829)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>56556264
>>
File: 1698074882981416.jpg (155 KB, 1076x764)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>56556269
>>
File: 1700826588468196.jpg (179 KB, 1080x1138)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>56556271
>>
Posted a Wrong image.
>Check my Nuz generator
>Last update a year ago
Locke fatigue hit me hard and let me tell you, trying to get back into SUN/MOON is hell lmao.

Just POSTAN to share.

>>56556285
>Starters below 20%
Probably due to early game hell.
>Simipour that low, Sigilyph thar low
What.
>>56556271
>Typhlosion that high.
Maybe it's because my set was bad, but my Typhlosion didn't do jack shit. I think Dragonite is that high since, due to it's high evo-level, people tend to use it for the hell of it against Red.
>>56556269
>Wallrein
>>56556264
>Garchomp
Where do you get these percentages?
>>
>>56556264
>you didh't beat the game
nah, fuck you. he did beat the game.
>>
>>56553529
That is unfortunately a risk when you use TM's.
>>56553698
Congrats on the league win!
>>56556355
I've done a year long break from a run before, when Locke fatigue hits you it hits hard.
I think those are from the Nuzlocke subreddit. Sigilyph being that low isn't surprising, it's only a single route, rare to appear, hard to catch, and it's actually a risk to catch that early thanks to its stats.
>>
>>56556809
>That is unfortunately a risk when you use TM's
yeah, that’s why using TMs feels like I’m jinxing myself
>I will now heavily invest into this poke. gee, I sure hope it doesn’t die!
>>
File: fug.jpg (7 KB, 174x231)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Just lost my infernape to a fucking steelix.
I'm retarded.
>>
File: W22.png (310 KB, 900x741)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>56553871
I guess we are a steel-type specialist now. Marrow soloed Cheren armed with a Quick Attack and an Oran berry. Roxie wont stand a chance.
>>56555144
Hadn't at the time but he is now Becket the Beldum. Turns out having a mon that only knows Take Down wasn't such a good idea for a starter. Good thing i have Lucario hard carrying the team.
>>
>>56557076
well, if it has sturdy...
>>
>>56557704
>>56557704
>>56557704
New thread.
>>
File: 1698704344825771.png (797 KB, 832x1216)
797 KB
797 KB PNG
since it's the end of the thread: I'm gonna post boobies

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.