[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The "last episode" of Ash and Pikachu
>>
>gamefreak
>Anime
Nice fake tranimefag
>>
>>
>>56571802
Yes
>>
Is there anything about the infamous Kalos league finals? I still refuse to believe they planned it that way from the start.
>>
Ohmori our savior
>>
>>56571802
>Gamefreak literally revealed to be deeply involved with the anime production specifically drawing concept and reference art for characters and mostly and had talks with Ishihara with the direction of the anime
You lost.
>>
>>56571883
what's the response
>>
File: goh ending avoided.png (16 KB, 744x116)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Sugimori having to tell them not to end the show with Goh and Koharu and bring back Misty and Brock. Honestly, a lot of what he says in the meeting is good stuff.
>>
>>56572125
Why the random focus on Latias and even ending on the one from movie 5? Was someone at TPC a waifufag?
>>
>>56572125
Maybe he should have told them adding Goh and Koharu was bad from the start. I wanna know who the fuck decided to add those two characters. TPC? Yeah, guys, maybe adding these brand new characters and having to add their own backstories and character arcs in Ash's final season while juggling with cameos and closing character arcs for previous companions might not be such a good idea.
>>
>>56572135
Movie 5 won a popularity poll or something.
>>
File: GZwzra8aAAI9OSt.png (4 KB, 665x50)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Wtf is wrong with Serenafags?
>>
>>56572178
You mean, what the fuck is wrong with Anti-Serenafags?
>>
>>56572178
They're brown
>>
>>56572178
XY in general has the biggest spergs in the anime fandom.
>>
>>56572178
>Shippers in general
>Not sociopaths
Pick one
>>
>>56572160
>adding Goh
>bad from the start
Nah he was an actual true bro for Ash. And we get to see him interact with many mons that prior series before JN missed
>>
>>56572257
>tanks Journeys ratings even more
Wow, what a great friend. Maybe you should go back to your containment general.
>>
>>56571780
Is there any XY era information at all? It's now or never we'll know if Ash was supposed to win the Kalos League or not.
>>
>>56572178
>death threats from international fans
americans
>>
>>56572038
>>Gamefreak literally revealed to
Have nothing to do with the anime by Masuda himself.
>>
>>56572342
Chinese also love going unhinged on twitter.
>>
>>56572160
Because they tried to do a new fresh without cut Ash. After journey and this meeting decided to remove ash defenetely
>>
>>56572363
Chinks don't play Pokemon. They have their own, more popular clone there.
>>
>>56572361
Final drafts are always shared with OLM. Just because you despise the leaks doesn't make them fake.
>>
>>56571802
You realize this is a meeting between multiple people in charge of the franchise right? Of course gamefreak has a say.

Retard.
>>
>>56571780
Kinda interesting that they went "oh sure, nintendo doesn't really cares about us though" when they asked them to communicate this to the shareholders
>>
>>56572178
who is MI? Matsumiya?
>>
>>56573026
A certain Mr. Miyahara from TPC (not sure who he is exactly).

>Attendees:
>TPC: Mr. Miyahara (referred to as “Mi” below)
>Mr. Katagami (referred to as “Ka” below)
>GF: Mr. Omori (referred to as “O” below)
>Mr. Sugimori (referred to as “Su” below)
>Mr. Matsushima (referred to as “Ma” below)
>Information Management: Mr. Nakai, Mr. Morita
>>
>>56572178
>few overly attached individuals
I bet Mr L is one of them.
>>
>>56573103
>Mr L
Whatever happened to him?
>>
>>56572135
Oh how we all wanted him to catch that Latias...
>>
>>56573117
Last I heard he had moved on to the MLP fanbase. He's still active on Twitter from what I recall but he's tried to move on from Pokemon for his and everyone's sanity. I also know he never watched Horizons as he thought it wasn't for him and he wanted to "pass the torch" to other viewers.
>>
>>56572609
Explain
>>
>>56572100
>>
>>56573856
Interesting, from the segments clipped, it seemed like they were a lot more hesitant to end Ash's story. I wonder why they ended up doing it regardless?
>>
>>56573961
Reading the whole document, it feels like the production company made the decision and once that was done no one wanted to reverse it- so instead, it's GameFreak and TPC complaining that the decision was made without proper consideration
>>
>>56573961
The show's waning ratigs overtime + problems with Rica and Ikue weighted down on pulling the plug it seems
>>
>>56573981
Huh. Guess that makes sense. What do you guys think about the decision ultimately? I hadn't watched Pokemon with any regularity since the Unova arc, so I feel like I can't fully fault the decision to try to hard reboot the anime.
>>
>>56574022
>problems with Rica and Ikue
What were the problems exactly? I read they didn't get along but what does that mean in practice?
>>
>>56571830
KIND of, they talk a bit about how the writers found it difficult to continue depicting Ash's growth as the series went on, and that "when Ash won the Alola League, Yuyama was against him becoming a champion", so there's good reason to believe Ash was planned to win the Kalos League and plans had to be changed because Yuyama said no.

SM being more slice-of-life at first was also meant to keep the character more static instead of working towards a goal, but they didn't feel it worked, which is why that idea went out the window before too long. Most likely the Alola league was not meant to be a thing at first either.
>>
>>56572178
>Serenafags
He's talking about Serena antis, you moron. Why would Serenafags send death threats BECAUSE Serena returned? Did you not see all the autistic sperging and damage control that went on just because it got leaked she was returning at all? Or the catalog getting spammed with pictures of toilets and autists going "THIS IS SHITRENA" for like a full month after the kiss at the end of XY?
>>
>>56574022
>>56574041
Ikue Ohtani has a bigger role in the new show than ever, so that doesn't make all that much sense.
>>
>>56574598
The problems are between Rica and Ikue. Rica's not in the new show, right? That's probably unironically WHY Ikue is willing to have a bigger role
>>
>>56574628
>Rica's not in the new show, right?
No.

Interesting if true, and would make sense.
>>
>>56571805
All they had to do was give Ash his victory in Johto but have him decide that he didn't want to stay and keep his title
>>
>>56574628
Must be a recent development, Ikue had a sizable role in the XY anime as Ash's rival Shota.
>>
File: 1572806490646 (1).png (736 KB, 1876x1464)
736 KB
736 KB PNG
>>56571802
>>56572361
Faggot, they give the source material to TPC and their acquainted anime studios.
Also Smash Bros. ask for their production sheets too, which were used for the anime/movie promotions.

You are a stupid little nigger who too invested in your fanfic idea of a corporate and development team.
Also i hope some more Smash related stuff leak from the PokeTeraleak, see what dropped stuff they were pitching to Sakurai.
>>
>>56574739
What "title"? You don't get a title by winning a league, that's just some SM-exclusive nonsense.

Also, considering Ash winning the Alola League is to blame for all the retarded and nonsensical power scaling in Journeys, Yuyama was honestly right. Having Ash win a league just gets the "well what do we do now" snowball rolling in very stupid and irreversible directions.
>>
File: clefuck.png (291 KB, 1500x955)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>56574782
This needs to be updated.
A new japanese QnA surfaced up saying Clef was almost added over Jigglypuff in 64
>>
>>56572178
absolutely totally fucking deserved, why even show her at all when she's a reminder of the whole XY shitshow?
>>
File: Incinesmoke.jpg (79 KB, 1202x1084)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>56574834
On it
>>
>>56574789
Ash winning a league isn't the problem, the leagues never had anything to do with the Elite Four and Champion stuff that the game leagues involve, and DP made it clear that winning a league would qualify you for the Champions League where you'd get the chance to compete on a higher level, against the actual Elite Four and shit.

The problem was having him win the Alola League and then establishing that whoever won the Alola League would be immediately crowned the Alola Champion, then making the retarded leap in logic that this somehow made him equal to all the other champions out there and having him suddenly go around kicking their asses.

SM was such a fucking mistake, god damn.
>>
>>56574866
Because she's a very popular character with a lot of fans, and still constantly tops Pokegirl polls?
>>
>>56574878
Him winning the Alola league could've worked if he had then been beaten badly by the Masked Royal in their match after that, showing just how big the gap between league winners and the Elite Four/Champion still is.

It's calling Ash "champion" for winning the league that fucked up everything.
>>
>>56574022
>>56574041
>>56574598
>>56574628
>>56574696
Yeah, that document people are quoting doesn't seem all that well translated

Here's how anon anon put it >>56569565
>- there have been apparently multiple problems with Rica Matsumoto (Ash) before and it could pose a risk to the pokemon brand, so if they were to keep making the ash anime perhaps a recast should be considered, also apparently she and ikue ohtani (pikachu) have never really been on good terms either. Sugimori: "But all of that is on the production side, it has nothing to do with the people watching the show"
>>
>>56574782
Yet I don't see Smash getting entire plot of SM and USUM or reference sheet for every Alola pokemon except for the ones that Sakurai meant to select for Smash. At best Game-freak get character sheet for OC that is set to appear in the game but not the entire production info on Pokémon 2023 and drama involving three VA that is not even the employee of Game-freak.
>>
>>56574748
The issues were mostly with Rica. She was kind of an asshole to her colleagues, there are people saying she used to yell at her colleagues using her Satoshi voice outside work, traumatizing them. She also was involved in a tax evasion incident.
>>
Where's the original Japanese version of this? The translation seems pretty inaccurate at places.
>>
>>56575206
"Problems with Rica and Ikue" seems to be a mistranslation, it's supposed to say "problems BETWEEN Rica and Ikue".
>>
Ohmori mentioned One Piece and Conan in the meeting lmao.
>>
>>56574866
>the whole XY shitshow
The better of seasons?
>>
>>56574789
The power scaling was fucked by johto,
>>
>>56575838
The entire idea of it being an "eternal summer" for Ash is in itself unsatisfying, even in the end it was a status-quo mold that was never broken.
>>
I'm seeing Jap fans talk about how the leaks revealed that the Japanese voice actors for Ash and Pikachu didn't get along, where's the source for that?
>>
>>56573961
Reading the full text, it honestly feels more like Gamefreak is antsy because they're worried about the new show not shilling the current games very well.
Which strikes me as absurd since the new show objectively shows off Paldea better than Journeys ever showed Galar. What's with this selective memory?
>>
>>56576160
Now that inremembered, there were rumors in the past about Rica and Ikue having to record separately (during XY&Z).
I had the impression they were on each others' throats back then. The meeting transcription leak kinda confirmed the production drama. And all the blame seems to be falling on Rica because of being an asshole with an inflated ego.
>>
>>56576160
In the meeting.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vR2eOSE1_o9IhTwPYwSyh_832rpwGgKAWEML4xRtwMTh-mdVqLF7jUwXVE-NUcobwrMQWa7-GVVTTI7/pub
>Mi: Ishihara has always pushed for new challenges. At one point, there was even a suggestion to keep Ash and Pikachu but change the voice actors. There were also internal discussions about parting ways with Rica Matsumoto and Ikue Ohtani due to strained relations.
>Su: That’s just production-side drama. Viewers have nothing to do with that.
>O: I heard some of the internal issues, but honestly, that’s irrelevant to us.
>>
>>56571802
you DUMB motherfucker
>>
>>56576246
Based response.
>>
>>56576229
They prob didn't like Journeys not doing that either
>>
>>56576246
>At one point, there was even a suggestion to keep Ash and Pikachu but change the voice actors
Given Japan's long standing "VA honor tradition" unless the VA died, it's unlikely. I wondered what would happen if Ash & his Pikachu are going to stick around after Journeys, and they did change the VAs as an one time exception.
>>
>>56571780
Will SMfags and XYfags, Yajimafags and Tomiyasufags stop fighting now that we know Yuyama was the Real Villain all along?
>>
>>56576357
They could have done that with a timeskip but it seems that the rule of keeping him 10 forever will exist Even after we die
>>
>>56575867
Shiping wars aside, I think when a layman thinks of XY they think of BURASTO BAAN before anything preceding or proceeding it so it's just that she's unintentionally carrying unfortunate baggage.
>>
>>56576357
>Given Japan's long standing "VA honor tradition" unless the VA died, it's unlikely.
It doesn't apply when the VA commit dishonoraburu and yurusanai actions. Remember Toru Furuya's situation.
Rica was already considered as problematic by higher ups. Her fallout and feud against Ikue Ohtani was the last straw.
>>
>>56576357
>I wondered what would happen if Ash & his Pikachu are going to stick around after Journeys, and they did change the VAs as an one time exception
They would have just done a real reboot with Ash and Pikachu. Probably replace TR's VA as well.
>>
I need
I need to see the first emails that led to the creation of the ONLY Pokémon crossover game ever (Pokémon Nobugara)
>>
>>56572257
People were annoyed that he caught pokemon Ash could have caught, that's enough for people to hate that waste of space
>>
>>56576460
>>56576582
Based on your sayings, it does sound very highly likely that Ash & Pikachu VAs will be replaced if they were to return?
>>
Sugimori was honestly based as fuck throughout that entire meeting.
>>
Ash is a faggot
>>
>>56576877
It depends. If it is just special episodes like the leak suggested may happen then no I think they would keep the old cast around. But if they want to do an actually series with them, then yeah I think they would replace them. It is easier to sell a cast change with a full reboot then it is with a one of episode that main thing is nostalgia.
>>
>>56576877
Pikachu's VA still works on the show so probably not her, Ash's however is a possibility.
>>
>>56572189
On the contrary, Serenaschizos were furious that Journeys did not fulfill their dreams of self-insertion. Serena barely interacted with Ash. Serena fans are very hysterical.
>>
>>56576354
They didn't, the stuff about PM23 talks about how PM19 didn't do a very good job showcasing the different regions.
>>
File: file.png (71 KB, 761x549)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Are there more of these descriptions?
>>
>>56571802
The Pokémon Conpany which is partially owned and managed by Game Freak employees oversees the anime to ensure it conforms with the brand.
They designed Ash-Greninja and Dusk Lycanroc for the anime. Lugia was designed by the anime scenario writer. You also have things such as how Ash caught Aipom to tease its evolution in DP. It also makes sense from a narrative standpoint for TPC to care that some games are not represented in the anime as they likely had a role in the Emerald Battle Frontier as a filler arc.
>>
>>56577143
Yeah, anyone trying to say he was talking about Serena haters is full of shit. He was talking about amourfags. Same thing happened with the dance episode during XY. They have always been problematic.
>>
>>56574916
ship bait created with the most generic sexist fetishes for self-inserters and pajeets
>>
>>56577143
>>56577232
>>56577246
You fags are doing a pretty good job demonstrating that there's absolutely people out there that hates this character enough to send the director death threats for bringing her back.
>>
>>56576877
The first episode of Journeys did use a different VA for Ash, which didn't make sense then because the timeskip wasn't that big
>>
>>56572178
They fucked up Serena for her comeback. So I'm not surprised.
Also Serena won.
>>
Where's the source for nay of these? After what happened with the leader I don't really trust something that looks like fanfiction.
>>
>>56577232
Many of them were unhappy with Serena's return and took their anger out on Tomiyasu and Yuyama.
The people in charge of Anipoke know all the crap Serena and her fans generate, that's why Serena received a soft-reset of her personality and barely interacted with Ash.
>>
>>56576831
ash was never into catching aside from a few early episodes
>>
>>56577268
lol, how am I showing that I "hate" the character? I am just stating fact. The writer of the dance episode was threatened online by oversea fans because Ash and Serena didn't dance with one another.
>>
File: ilzwpytac1h51.jpg (164 KB, 720x660)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>56575838
>Mentioning Conan O'Brien out of nowhere
Why are the Japanese so obsessed with this guy? They even named a town after him.
>>
>>56577268
Terrible bait. Nobody cares about Shitrena. She had the worst return in Journeys. LMAO
>>
>>56576160
I saw that thread and it sounds like Matsumoto became difficult to work with? Something about jealously and fraudulent receipts
>>
>>56577143
It was trending worldwide that day, it had the most popular anipoke fanart of 2022 up to that date, but of course, the amourshipper "hated" the episode.
>>
>>56577459
Detective Conan?
>>
>>56577459
They loved early Simpsons and there's a national level of grief for how the Americans chose Korea to animate it and not Nippon. The sadness was painful but watching seasons with Conan's writing really cheered them up, so he's a national hero. Case closed.
>>
>>56577404
They knew what they had to do and didn't do it. They deserve the hate.
>>
>>56577545
It was one of the highest rated episodes of the series on Nicolive too. The idea that FANS hated it so much they took it out on the director is complete nonsense.
>>
>>56577573
They made him a detective?
>>
>>56574024
>What do you guys think about the decision ultimately?
It was long overdue, I like Ash but even I could see they had no idea, or desire given the leaks, to continue with him and his story, and not just continuing it, but actually develop and improve it, which led to all sorts of fuckery from BW onwards that led to the anime losing more and more attention and relevance.
Now wether or not the new anime actually goes somewhere, remains to be seen I guess, most opinions I have seen are positive so I guess the decision has been positive so far.
>>
>>56577648
Where do you think he gets all the trivia about his guests?
>>
>>56577669
BW anime was proof enough that Gen 5 was a shitty rip off of gen 1 that everyone hated
>>
>>56571883
Anime declined because it was shit.
>>
>>56577545
You generalize based on nothing. Literrally all the insults towards Tomiyasu and Yuyama that you see on Twitter are from Serenaschizos.
>>
Mistyfags have been shitting their pants in frothing anger about Serena ever since she got introduced as Ash's love interest way back in 2013. No shit it's them that were harassing Yajima over bringing back the character they hated so much.
>>
>>56577724
Correct, the American dub getting worse under Nintendo America didn't help. Idk how they did worse than 4kids in almost every way.
>>
>>56577746
And literally all the insults you see towards Yajima on Twitter are from antiSerenaschizos and SMschizos.

Your point?
>>
File: EKog8xLUwAUcXJY.jpg (165 KB, 888x1254)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
wtf was her problem
>>
>>56577615
Relax your buttocks, Serena Kinomoto/Kalos Light.
>>
>>56577749
Ash never had any love interests because he was never in love. If you don't know what ship bait is, fuck you.
>>
>>56577749
lol, Mistyfags are 30+ they aren't keeping up with the series. The threat online were oversea Serenafags because they didn't go far enough. We saw this happen in XY.
>>
File: 1650112812168.jpg (1.75 MB, 4846x2096)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>56577889
True
>>
>>56574462
>Yuyama
if true, fuck him.
>>
>>56574834
>A new japanese QnA surfaced up saying Clef was almost added over Jigglypuff in 64
Makes sense, Clefairy had more pull back in the day.
>>
File: 1727815476386644.jpg (38 KB, 450x658)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>56577907
False.
>>
GIVE ME THE NAMES FOR WHO THE FUCK DECIDE KALOS LEAGUE ENDING
>>
>>56578029
Kunihiko Yuyama, most likely.
>>
>>56578019
The only girl Ash ever loved.
>>
>>56578029
Yuyama. It's obvious now that it was planned for Ash to win before he scuttled it
>>
>>56577903
Like the founder of Bulbapaedo?
>>
>>56577685
BW anime was proof enough that it was based to filter retards.
>>
>>56577903
Nigga did you even look at /vp/ back when MPM was airing back in early 2023. It was three straight months of Mistyfags screeching nonstop about how "amour was dead, Misty won". They were sperging like mad during that Serena return episode too.
>>
Crazy that if Ishihara could've decided it, Ash's journey would have ended by BW.
>>
>>56578019
>Comparing a one-off gag and filler character to the idea of something long-lasting
>Never showed up again despite showing up in later OPs
Blueballed retard lmao
>>
>>56574557
That literally didn't happen, to be honest I didn't see any death threats at all in either direction. I did see some serena sperging before she re-appeared since she was left out of the Bonnie and Clement episode though (though that was likely from our own resident schizos), dunno if that's what he's referring to. Seems blown out of proportion either way.
>>
>>56577749
mistyfags stopped watching the anime 20 years ago anon
>>
>>56578096
But amour is dead, Mistyfags were just laughing at Serenafags for thinking she mattered enough to get the final episodes.
>>
>>56578029
Yuyama was always the main suspect and it became clearer when new interviews during the SM and JN came out and he would always talk about Ash being forever 10 and other stuff. It's just that people gave the benefit of doubt because he could just have been following orders from highers ups which turned out to be false and even the TPC CEO wanted Ash gone
>>
>>56578096
What do you mean, everyone was trolling Amourfags back then because they were so obnoxiously confident that Serena would end up with Ash for so long. It was just really funny that Misty was the last girl that mattered when it came down to it and she got Serena's "spot". It was less about Misty and more about laughing at Amourfags, be for real.
>>
>>56577669
The anime people never wanted Ash to be anything more than the upstart rookie from Pallet town he started as, people were joking about Ash resetting every season as early as Gen 3. It was supposed to be an eternal summer type show; everything after XY is the writers being forced to do things they don’t want to to please long time watchers they expected to move on.
>>
https://arch.b4k.co/vp/search/text/amour%2A/type/op/

Say what you want about obnoxious behavior from both sides, but it's very clear that Serenafags liked that return episode and antis were extremely upset about it and were damage controlling like mad.
>>
>>56578048
>>56578086
>>56578199
Agent 47, i got a job for you
>>
>>56578103
Holy shit, a rare Ishihara win?
>>
>>56578268
That's not true, the main writer of several seasons tried his hardest during DP to do something more than an eternal summer show and he then had to write Tobias
>>
File: RG_Lass_Bug_Catcher.png (191 KB, 311x471)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>56578114
Not that anon, but I just want to point out that she's based on the Lass trainers from the games.
And looking up this image is how I found out that the Lass trainer class is called Miniskirt in Japan.
>>
>>56578266
Yes anon, of course it was. You don't even like Misty, do you? You think anyone that shipped her with Ash was stupid?
>>
>>56571780
>>56571805
It's really funny that they were this worried about having a good ending and yet they still completely fucked it up and gave us pic related instead.
>>
>>56577751
The American dub was never good, so it doesn't make much of a difference if it got worse.
>>
>>56578268
Nah, Shudo wanted him to have a character arc and then pass the torch to a new MC.
>>
>>56578366
there's nothing wrong about this scene, you're all just dirty minded
>>
>>56578366
I'm pretty sure they never cared that much about memetards on the Internet spamming a picture out of context, anon.
>>
>>56578385
Nice way to say "I didn't have a cool childhood"
>>
>>56578464
Children aren't very quality-conscious, so shitty dubs don't bother them as much. The dub was never good, you were just too young to realize back then and too drunk on nostalgia to realize now.
>>
>"Director Yajima got harassed on Twitter by foreigners back when Serena returned too. They were sending him death threats."
Yajima is beloved by Amourfags, if I had to guess who he was talked about between anti-Serenaschizos and pro-Serenaschizos, I would guess the former
Either way, he doesn't specify one or the other
>>
>>56578464
So you only "like" it because of muh nostalgia, got it. Kids who watched the later series felt the same way, whether the dub was actually good or not is irrelevant to that.
>>
>>56572160
>Maybe he should have told them adding Goh and Koharu was bad from the start.
The problem here is that Journey's wasn't original slated to be the ending for Ash and Pikachu. If they knew from the start that this was it for Ash and Pikachu, I don't think they bother with Go and Koharu.
>>
>>56577685
The real genwunners are gen 5 subhumans
>>
Gou and Koharu are good.
>>
>>56577596
lmao ending got me
>>
>>56578515
"Pokemon Go the character" and "barely relevant girl that doesn't even accompany the rest of the group on their adventure" were terrible ideas in the first place.
>>
>>56578636
Notice how his documents don't actually say anything about Pokemon Go... wow it's almost like the connection is weak and mostly made up by people on the Internet.
It's not as central to his character as you make it out to be.
>>
>>56578339
Shipping anything in that show would imply that I still watch a baby show meant for babies
>>
>>56578509
The wording is confusing to me too, but considering he talks about people being overly attached he has to be talking about amour fans.
>>
>>56578366
That was probably Yuyama's last stand but now we really know that TPC, not TV Tokyo, OLM or whatever will decide about Ash's future cameos and that he's the emergency botton
>>
>>56578713
>people that don't even watch the show don't realize that XY had an actual romance plot with Serena instead of just the headcanon pairings that were a thing when they were watching, so they don't understand WHY people were treating the Ash/Serena pairing differently
yeah that seems to be the main issue with her haters.
>>
>>56578815
Oh for fuck sake Luis just fuck off out of this thread kek, I thought you left.
>>
>>56578765
"people being overly attached" was a mistranslation.
>>
>>56577792
What a qt
Really like her hair cut
>>
>>56578832
Who the fuck is "Luis"?

And I'm not exactly wrong, am I?
>>
>>56578765
>>56578846
Yeah, I saw this by Dephender
>>
>The reason Ash lost Kalos was because of Yuyama
>The reason Anipoke was rebooted wasn't entirely because of Rica, but was mostly because of her that they went with new characters
kek
>>
>>56578876
You do this every time lol you'll never change, fuck off Luis.
Serena lost, Amour lost etc etc etc
>>
File: snip.jpg (238 KB, 790x685)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
>>56578941
Chatgtp agrees with this translation.
>>
>>56579020
Dude really needs to move on.
>>
>>56577596
I see what you did there you asshole
>>
>>56573856
So Gamefreak didn't even know beforehand? Wew, what is happening at the Pokemon Company?
>>
>>56579020
I have no goddamn clue who you're even talking about, but you seem obsessed. Calm down faggot, not everyone is your personal boogeyman.
>>
So... would it be fair to say that Ash was supposed to first retire around DP, then during Kalos, and maybe Alola before they finally managed to make it stick during Galar?
>>
File: 1724210594072918.png (154 KB, 811x860)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>56578815
She lost, Goh won
>>
>>56578385
The original dub had some amazing voices. The main cast was perfect and only got better through gen 1 and 2. Nintendo America's casts were mostly terrible or worse derivative of 4kids voices.
>>
I don't think so. Ishihara wanted to move on from him 20 years ago (which going by the meeting date, is 2002 which is Johto). But he is one guy. It didn't becoming a serious discussion till 2022.
>>
>>56579212
????? What are you reading that implies any of that, may I ask
>>
>>56579336
>Mi: For about 10 years now, Ishihara has been repeatedly questioning whether we should still continue with Ash. However, the final decision as the executive in charge was made by me.

>Su: To my knowledge, Ishihara has been saying that for about 20 years.

>Mi: Ishihara has always pushed for new challenges. At one point, there was even a suggestion to keep Ash and Pikachu but change the voice actors. There were also internal discussions about parting ways with Rica Matsumoto and Ikue Ohtani due to strained relations.

>Su: That’s just production-side drama. Viewers have nothing to do with that.

>O: I heard some of the internal issues, but honestly, that’s irrelevant to us. I understand that declining ratings are a problem, but is that really because of Ash? I don’t know, but was the decision to overhaul the protagonist made solely because of that?

>Mi: There was a strong opinion that the protagonist should be changed.

>Su: I understand the decision to end it if the ratings are declining. Ending it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. You can’t keep going if it’s running at a loss. However, if you don’t wrap things up carefully, there will be a backlash.

>It’s clear that the decision was made for the convenience of the creators, and while I understand Yuyama’s thinking, if that approach is pushed through, it will cause issues. The Pokémon anime isn’t just Yuyama’s to control, and his vision may not align with the viewers’ expectations. It’s dangerous to proceed based solely on his ideas.

>Mi: I realize now that we lacked consideration for the viewers’ perspective.

It seems more like Miyahara realized that leaving everything to Yuyama without a care was a really big fuck up, they probably got the current staff in a tighter leash
>>
>>56579212
Seems the basic timeline was
1) Yuyama doesn't want Ash to win a league (at least not yet)
2) Writers struggle increasingly with figuring out how to make Ash grow as a character (with Yuyama not letting him win a league probably being a bit of a sticking point, he was most likely supposed to win Kalos before Yuyama put his foot down)
3) After Kalos they decide to try solving the issue by revamping the show into a slice-of-life gag series that doesn't need to have Ash "growing" or "progressing"
4) It's badly received, so they throw more plot into it, including the Alola League
5) Writers somehow manage to convince Yuyama that Ash should win it
6) They're now faced with the obvious problem of "where the fuck do we take him from here" and stupidly settle on "world championship" as the answer
7) Eventually it's decided to just write the character out after that, though you have to wonder what the goddamn hell they could've done with world champion Ash as the main character of gen 9

Yuyama was honestly right, while Ash winning Kalos could've worked, it's all the dumb decisions in SM that made everything crumble. "Just have Ash win everything" was a very bad idea.
>>
Ash's not winning Kalos fucked up the entire timeline, that's why covid happened, and now we are in a shit future, thanks Yuyama, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>56579562
This also reminds me of the character designer of SM basically saying Sun & Moon was basically a side story before it turned into the whole Alola League shit
>Yuyama was honestly right
Yuyama was retarded for forcing his vision in the first place
>>
>>56579559
20 years is right, there's not a single thing done after the OS with Ash that wouldn't have been better executed by having it done with a different MC. Brendan in AG, Lucas in DP and so on. It was always a dumb idea to keep him after beating Gary.
>>
>The Alola memeleague literally ruined everything

I hope all the Ashfags jacking off to that victory are happy.
>>
>>56579562
>(at least not yet)
He didn't want him to win, period. He wanted the anime to be an endless summer day like Sazae, Doraemon, Simpsons and such
>>
>>56577749
They were jacking off to Misty shitting her pants you retard, nobody cared about the anime anymore.
>>
>>56579717
bt that doesn't work in a show with competitive elements like Pokemon. People want the main character to win
>>
So much mishandling post-Kalos League, it's insane. I wanted Ash's character to be done and retired but they handled it so badly in SM and Journeys
>>
>>56579562
>Yuyama was honestly right, while Ash winning Kalos could've worked, it's all the dumb decisions in SM that made everything crumble. "Just have Ash win everything" was a very bad idea

Yeah, Yuyama is taking a lot of heat by online fans. But the crux of the issue is where do you take the character after he wins? This problem stems from the series post Kanto relying heavily on the league/badge quest as Ash's main goal for series. This was always going to be a problem which is why in hindsight it would have been better for him to wrap his story up after gen 1 or 2 and move on to another MC.
>>
>>56579717
Yeah, but the reason everything went to hell wasn't because Ash won a league, but because he won a "league" that made him "champion", and now he had to be treated as equal to Cynthia because every SMtard on twitter insisted he was "champion tier" now.

Had he won one of the other leagues, those that have the entire Elite Four and Champion stuff separate from the tournament, this would've never happened. Ash winning Kalos wouldn't make Diantha step down as Champion and have Ash replace her while acknowledging that he's magically stronger than her now.
>>
>>56579775
It worked for 20 years tho
>>
>>56579782
>Yeah, Yuyama is taking a lot of heat by online fans. But the crux of the issue is where do you take the character after he wins?
You end the character and move on from it like they've finally done now. There was always a steady progression with the badge quest that got fucked up after XY so they went in an entirely spastic direction before finally ending the Ashanime
>>
>>56579781
Tomiyasu is probably the main guy to blame, he's definitely the one that pushed for Ash winning the Alola League.
>>
>>56579839
I disagree. There was no steady progression. Ash's character arc ended in Johto. That was the time to move on from him. Especially since gen 3 was the first gen to not be connected to gen 1 or 2 in any meaningful way. Like some anon said, everything post Johto didn't really need Ash at all.
>>
>>56579562
>they could've done with world champion Ash as the main character of gen 9
Make him the new Brock of the group. Sort of a "mentor" figure to a new kid.
>>
>>56579888
They had to have him win at that point like it's said in the leaks, it just didn't make sense since all of the SM was built to be a side story slice of life anime
>>
>>56579821
What's so annoying is that they had the easiest fix in the world right there.

>Masked Royal/Kukui is crowned champion alongside the appointing of the kahunas as Elite Four
>Ash wins the league and gets to battle Kukui as a prize
>Kukui Tobiases him hard
>Ash celebrates his league win and uses his loss against Kukui to inspire him to grow further
>travels to Galar and challenges the gyms there to enter his next league, knowing that this will allow him to challenge the Galar champion

THERE! I FUCKING FIXED IT! THIS WAS NOT HARD!
>>
>>56579660
Ash from OS to DP shows a much better and consistent growth in skills as a trainer and character than if you had them switching out every minute to varying levels of audiences success, and rushed levels of character achievement. The only failing was Ash losing to Tobias in the past end, and then, well I said OS to DP so I won't even mention BW.
Switching out as early as Johto would have sucked, in hindsight anyway. At the time it might have seemed like a valid course of action, but given how things turned there's little excuse to still be clinging to it that period for time in particular. There is zero way Johto would make much sense as the end of Ash's journey unless they made some giant leaps.
>>
File: 1510850151580.jpg (400 KB, 1241x1637)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
All this shit is just making me dislike SM even more. God damn what a retarded shitshow that series was.
>>
>>56579782
>Su: You need to wrap things up by showing that Ash has at least understood what it means to be a Pokémon Master, and then have him continue his journey with that realization. For instance, Ash could reflect on his journey and say, “Being a Pokémon Master isn’t just about winning battles, but about my connection with Pokémon.” That kind of self-realization could work.

No, Yuyama just didn't want to let go. He's basically Baba
>>
>>56579986
>Switching out as early as Johto would have sucked
How? He beats his rival with the Pokémon that screwed him in the first series. He goes from an immature selfish brat to a more mature, seasoned trainer. It seems like people like AG and DP and trying to justify why Ash should have stayed.
>>
>>56579562
>7) Eventually it's decided to just write the character out after that, though you have to wonder what the goddamn hell they could've done with world champion Ash as the main character of gen 9
like 1/4 of the early episodes of journey clearly tried to shove Goh as the main protag, but that went south since nobody really liked him, ash was just there sometimes
>>
>>56580082
AG and DP were much better series than Johto.
>>
>>56580085
and Koharu was never there at all.
>>
>>56580036
Yuyama is just a hack so it makes SM look even worse, they could have Ash win the Kalos League and lose to Diantha making the slice of life SM anime actually make sense. You could still even do Journeys after that
>>
>>56580100
Who cares? They were pointless in regards to Ash's character.
>>
>>56579986
What growth did Ash have in AG and DP that he didn't already have in the OS? He already beat his prodigy rival and Drake, the undefeated champion. What else was there for him to do? Even Johto is pushing it, have Ash beat Gary at the Kanto league and have the Orange Islands be replaced with the Kanto E4 and Lance instead of the Orange League, and nobody would be looking back twenty-something years later and saying "that was too soon, he should have stuck around and taken Brendan/Lucas' place".
>>
>>56580036
This image did so much damage, meanwhile the anime itself was so fun.
>>
>>56580126
>Su: Maybe someone could say to Ash, “You’ve become a Pokémon Master,” after his victory, prompting him to reflect on what that actually means. He could then realize that it’s not about being the strongest, but about something more personal, like his bond with Pokémon.

Even if he defeated Diantha there was a way to go up at least up to SM
>>
>>56580234
The anime was not only terrible, it was also so badly received that they reversed course on the entire slice of life shit a year in. Even the edgy TRio in BW lasted longer than that, and nobody liked those either.
>>
>>56579821
>>56579821
This is more of a failing of a bit on the anime for that absolutely fucking STUPID line in DP about how not winning the league means you have to do some elite four shit before being considered the champion, and on the hardcore fans for clinging to that for years when it was practically a throwaway line and was never really shown to be the case before or after that. If you asked any layperson or even anyone on the staff if Ash winning the league means he was a champion, they would have said yes. Everyone viewed the league as the equivalent to the league in the games and that winning the league made you a champion of the region, which in the end is what they went with anyway. But because of that line in DP they ended up doing it in some roundabout way even though in AG and OS there was never any mention of this BS about the league not being Ash's endgame.
I think someone introduced it as a loophole so he could beat Tobias but still keep him around but, but then they were still denied him beating Tobias anyway so now they're stuck with a pointless extra stipulation that doesn't even matter.
>>
>>56580233
The only growth I remember in terms of character is that in the Battle Frontier he stopped being cocky against his opponents and never showed the same signs of overconfidence and teasing. In the end it just made him more boring.
>>
>>56574834
>>56574872
Added.
Unfortunately, i can't find a professional translation on the interview but i provided the original and MTL transcript for the mean time.

>>56575176
Ultimate's project plan was right after the Smash 4 DLC completed.
S/M wasn't even a thing at the time and the movie probably hasn't hit production before then.
>drama involving three VAs
Juicy, what happened?
>>
>>56579775
Yeah. The whole eternal summer concept would have worked splendidly if the series was just about Ash traveling and meeting new people and pokemon. But once you add a fucking championship event into the mix that will always happen every X years you have to have some progress.
>>
>>56575838
Oda wasn't in contact with this yayoi faggot was he?
>>
>>56580276
They reversed course because people wanted to see Ash win. They should have just had him win in XY and committed to the slice of life shit in SM
>>
>>56580295
What the fuck are you talking about? The anime leagues were always just separate tournaments that had nothing to do with the Champion and Elite Four, and those five were always presented as trainers way above anyone Ash ever battled in a league, including the people that won them, except maybe for Tobias.
>>
>>56575156
>there have been apparently multiple problems with Rica Matsumoto (Ash) before and it could pose a risk to the pokemon brand
This is because of that time she falsely claimed thousands in COVID expenses, wasn't it?
>>
>>56580272
>wins Kalos League
>loses to Diantha
>says this
>SM is the slice of life bonding show
It's so fucking obvious, Yuyama is incredibly retarded
>>
>>56580408
No, that turned out to be a false rumor started by some bitch that didn't like her.
>>
>>56574462
>so there's good reason to believe Ash was planned to win the Kalos League and plans had to be changed because Yuyama said no.
XYfags find any stupidity as the perfect excuse for their failed fanfic
>>
>>56580233
This. Ash winning in Kanto and then appearing as a legacy character in future series would have been the ideal scenario. Shudo was right, each generation should have it's own hero.
>>
How far back do these board meeting minutes go back to? Are there any for Johto/AG/DP? I feel like the discussions there would have been very very interesting.
>>
it says a lot when ohmori is the least retarded one from the whole conversation, is it even the same ohmori we all know? based autist
>>
>>56580494
The latest files (Horizons anime) date back as far as december 2022. The others from 2021.
>>
>>56580233
Well, most blatantly and prominently, his protegee/rival relationship with May, and then even moreso with Dawn, which didn't exist in any capacity in OS. His skills as a trainer are higher, most notable from his placements in leauges, which in the end of Johto is not satisfying. His philosophy behind training his Pokemon and how he treats them is developed to its full extent, and then put to the test directly against Paul, which is a greater rivalry than with Gary as his rivalry against Gary wastnt much of a opposition of their characters. Also his attitude and personality changes from "dumbass hotheaded kid" in OS, to more or less just hotheaded in AG, and later mellows out to just being more mature in DP.
>>
>>56580478
Go back to your containment hole, dumb esl. People are having a conversation here.
>>
>>56579559
In the end Ash losing Kalos will be the biggest mistake the anime ever made. People might have accepted SM more if he had one, but many just completely left the anime and never looked back.

I'm really curious to see what kind of stuff they were saying when SM was ending, because overall Journey's felt like a bigger fuck up than what most people consider SM to be. Like Sugimori says it really felt like Yuyama was doing whatever he wanted without considering the audience at all. I'm glad they tightened his leash for SM because I'll always appreciate Ash winning there.
>>
>>56580483
>Shudo was right
Eh, the dude wanted Ash and Pikachu to kill each other
>>
>>56580588
>I'm really curious to see what kind of stuff they were saying when SM was ending
Basically that the slice of life gag shit wasn't well received, so they moved away from that, and they went with a world championship plot because that seemed like the only possible way to follow up on him becoming "champion" in SM.
>>
>>56580478
XYfags were right to say Ash losing was totally nonsensical desu. It ended up fucking up so much
>>
>>56580423
That still would have sucked because they got negative feedback regarding the slice of life aspects, Which is why they ditched it for Journeys. The problem always was where do you go after he wins? Unless you are willing to age Ash up then you don't have many options hence why you put off him winning for so long.
>>
>>56580483
>Shudo was right
He had some crazy ideas that weren't always the best. But re-watching the original series 20 years later you start to understand his ideas a bit more.
>>
>>56580588
>I'm glad they tightened his leash for SM because I'll always appreciate Ash winning there.
They tightened his leash at the exact wrong time. Yuyama is a dumbass but so are the people literally admitting they shouldn't have given him so much latitude in forcing his vision
>>
>>56580371
They weren't until that line in DP. That's why it's always brought up whenever people talk about how his journey has to end after winning the league. Up until then it was he wins the league and beats the champion, he's done.
The elite four did not get exist as a buffer to the champion before DP. Never mentioned or even hinted at once.
>>
>>56580578
>His skills as a trainer are higher, most notable from his placements in leauges, which in the end of Johto is not satisfying. He finished 8th in Hoenn and 4th in Sinnoh. Not a huge leap. Also his character in AG and DP is literally the same as it is in Johto.
>>
>>56580272
This is basically what the finale series was. Man the GF crew really did step up and take full control in the end huh? I honestly have to apologize for shitting on some of them over the years. At the very least they understood the anime way more than the guy in charge of it.
>>
>>56577749
I always knew Mistyturds were responsible for TPC not delving too deep into romance. No other ship has caused more damage to their host franchise than them.
>>
>>56580714
They never said anything about what happened if you won a league tournament, but it sure as hell wasn't "magically become champion" because the champion himself wasn't participating in those tournaments.
>>
>>56580658
>Which is why they ditched it for Journeys.
They ditched a lot of things of Journeys too tho, Goh used to have most of the screentime but they backtracked because people didn't care about him.

Just like how Dot got the most character development because Liko and Roy are boring
>>
File: 1728835771527.png (468 KB, 786x556)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>56580658
They got the negative feedback because people wanted to see Ash win after getting blueballs. The ratings for Sun & Moon were fine/stable
>>
>>56580682
Oh, many of his ideas sucked. But he was 100% right about switching protagonists.
>>
>>56580754
Also explains why it was specifically foreigners that harassed Yajima. It's western Mistyfags that were convinced Ash and Misty were totally in love because of all the dub shit insisting they were. Yajima probably had no idea he was playing with foreigner fire like that.
>>
>>56580714
The Elite 4 was introduced in OS with Bruno before the first league even began. Yeah they never mentioned what their exact role was but it seems nonsensical to assume they were just there to look pretty and have nothing to do with the road to becoming champion.
>>
>>56580786
Liko is well received, it's Roy people don't like.
>>
>>56572257
Goh was a turd for everyone but stupid fujoshits
>>
>>56578196
>>56578266
Well yeah, you schizoid retards scared the living shit of them with death threats, of course they would relent on Serena (confirmed the actual canon ship as intended by the writers but never executed thanks to mentally ill people like you).
>>
>>56580658
Journeys is still a lot more similar to Sun & Moon in the slice of life parts than the badge quest series
>>
>>56580844
I think the dub changed the line, but in Johto Lance is introduced as "the Champion of the Elite Four" too.
>>
>>56580878
meds
>>
>>56580754
>>56580825
Lmao, this is cope. Mistyfags dropped the series years ago. They only came back for MPM. It is obivous that he is talking about Amourfags. Omode literally got harassed by western fans because Ash and Serena didn't dance with one another.
>>
>>56580878
>serena was ignored and amour was retconned because... because of misty okay?!
complete brainrot
>>
>>56580916
>>56580921
send another death threat
>>
>>56580789
It's interesting that the ratings pretty much dropped during XY's entire run, but only bounced back at the very end for the League stuff. Seems like people actually left SM once it started focusing on the game's plot though.
>>
>>56580952
XY sucks, but the decline really started in 2nd half of BW.
>>
>>56580738
Each region is not meant to be a "big" leap but it is a steady progression and by the end when compared to DP it is a big leap. As for the personality changes, I dunno I already explained how he changes, his personality absolutely is different between OS, AG, and DP. You can rewatch it if you want and pay attention this time.
>>
>>56580921
They came back once it was clear that past companions were coming back, but it's not particularly clear it was Mistyfags or just the general anti-Amour/Serena schizos. It's not obvious who he is talking about at all since pro-Serenaschizos like Yajima.
>>
File: kids are dumb.jpg (413 KB, 1273x350)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
>>56580786
Actually Dot hasn't been all that well received by kids. It's clearly something they've started addressing more starting with the Terastal arc.
>>
>>56580952
The leagues always attracted people who watched the OG and were wondering if that league would be THE ONE. The Kalos League was extremely hyped to the point /vp/ felt like /sp/ during a World Cup.
>>
>>56580856
I just see coomposting about her, people talk more about Cynthia's character and powerlevel than design unlike with Liko
>>
>>56580994
Yeah but it went up for the start of XY. But then it really started to drop again until the series got renamed to XY&Z
>>
>>56580952
There's always a noticable increase in viewership when a new series starts because of the "holy shit new region with new Pokemon I've never seen before" factor.
>>
>>56581009
It is obivous he is talking about amourfags because they have a history of doing shit like this and you should know this, Luis.
>>
>>56581076
First you call me Luis and now you call this guy Luis. Take your autism somewhere else, you retard.
>>
File: 1679853789647291.png (17 KB, 509x423)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Even more canon now KEK
>>
>>56581027
That honestly might be because kids are more likely to be watching cable rather than adults who probably watch it second hand for most of the series, but would actually be paying attention to the plot. I wonder how well the series would do if it were simulcast same day on something like Crunchyroll.
>>
>>56581053
Seeing only what you want to see doesn't value the argument, anon. Cope
>>
>>56580996
His personality isn't different at all from the Johto, AG, and DP. There is no personal growth at all.
>>
>>56581162
They're talking about Japanese viewership, not burger ones, dumbass.
>>
>>56580578
> Flanderized character with generic personality... BUT HE WINS MORE BATTLES!!!
OK
>>
>>56581076
I'm not Luis, I thought that guy wasn't a thing anymore
>>
>>56580786
Which is funny, because Liko ranked much higher than Dot in a recent popularity poll.
>>56581011
The kids got it right: Dot is catered to an adult male audience who can relate better to a spastic hikki girl making her first steps into the world.
>>
>>56581136
It was always meant to be, he was never going to end up with any of the female companions
>>
>>56581217
The issue is mostly that they didn't realize just how dumb kids were when they wrote Dot. The way they've been writing her recently is clearly an attempt at making her more appealing to them.
>>
This retardation all could've been avoided if Ash was retired as early as Johto.
>>
>>56581290
Ishihara seems to get it.
>>
>>56581283
>they didn't realize just how dumb kids were when they wrote Dot
Stop coping, nobody likes negative characters unless they're attractive if you look at shit like Bakugo
>>
>>56581283
Kids are dumb for not relating to a socially retarded hikikomori streamer? Color me surprised.
>>
>>56581360
Dot has always been super popular with older fans. It's kids that didn't like her.
>>
File: 524112413.jpg (51 KB, 500x442)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>56581360
Suddenly it's all about looks when it was previously the supposed writing? Ok, continue you have my interest.
>>
>>56580921
Many were disappointed that Serena barely spoke to Ash, and then they exploded in anger when it was revealed that Serena was not going to be in Mezase. I remember seeing some serenaschizos insulting Tomiyasu and Yuyama.
As for Yajima, that guy doesn't have a good reputation in the fandom.
>>
>>56581423
>Many were disappointed that Serena barely spoke to Ash
It's one of the best received episodes in the entire series, was trending hard on twitter and inspired a shit ton of fanart
>and then they exploded in anger when it was revealed that Serena was not going to be in Mezase. I remember seeing some serenaschizos insulting Tomiyasu and Yuyama
Even if that was true, which it probably isn't, that would've taken place after this interview
>As for Yajima, that guy doesn't have a good reputation in the fandom
It's specifically the autists that hate XY and Serena that are butthurt about him. This is the guy that was nicknamed Based Director, for Christssakes.

Nice try faggot.
>>
>>56581388
Not surprised. If I were 11-12, I would have found her extremely boring. She isn't protractive and isn't eye candy to make up for it.
>>
>>56581388
>Kids don't identify with a character who doesn't look anything like a girl but is a girl and dresses like a boy.
Dot is the trans quota character
>>
File: look how flat dot is.jpg (259 KB, 1366x768)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>56581619
Dot is the perfection character
>>
>>56581397
The fuck are you talking about? Writing her that way was retarded because kids will never like NEETS but her being ugly didn't help
>>
>>56581423
Amourshippers deserve public excecution.
They ruined the whole anipoke fandom with their bullshit Hinata-like wannabe romantic bait.

They ruined SM hype because "muh animation" even when animation means MOVEMENT not static frames of overdetailed photos of characters.

They were the whole fucking season to the next series talking about Serena, to the point that I can't see the character normally anymore.

They got 4 MINUTES after like 6 years and started with fanfiction level GAME THEORY rambling "oh yeah green light means hope because they're going to be married soon..."

And all of them were the people that called ME crazy for saying that Ash story would end after the Champions Cup.

Well suck it I'M ALWAYS RIGHT.
>>
>>56581536
You keep trying to cover up the sun with a finger and deny reality with silly excuses, as if there weren't fans who were very angry because Serena interacted more with the irrelevant Chloe and barely spoke to Ash.
>>
>>56581703
^Random schizoposting
>>
>>56581619
>mfw all these characters that like 20+ years ago were just seen as not gender-conforming instead of the "akshually they're trans" shit nowadays
>>
>>56581703
SM deserves to be shat on no matter by whom thoughever
>>
>>56581703
XYfags are abortions of nature and have a well-deserved bad reputation along with their deity Tetsuo Yajima
>>
>>56575838
conan had already revealed the final boss they just refuse to end his child cure arc
>>
>>56581703
>And all of them were the people that called ME crazy for saying that Ash story would end after the Champions Cup.

Champions Cup?
>>
>>56581536
If Serena was relevant, she wouldn't have wasted her time with Chloe (the most irrelevant character in anipoke). Her return was a waste.
>>
>>56581733
It is hilarious. Why would anti-Serena/shipping fags send death threats when the episode basically did nothing on that end.
>>
>>56581703
>it was my evil boogeymen that ruined "SM hype", not the fact that it was shit
>even thought the transcript literally talks about how they had to retool SM because it was badly received
Anon...
>>
Thread immediately became shit when the schizos obsessed with Luis/Serena/Yajima/XY started spamming again
>>
>>56581969
>why would people obsessed with hating a character send death threats to the person the associate with her because someone else brings her back
Nigga...
>>
>>56580588
>In the end Ash losing Kalos will be the biggest mistake the anime ever made. People might have accepted SM more if he had one, but many just completely left the anime and never looked back.
Weren't there animators from the show complaining about Ash losing the match when the episode aired? Everyone fucking hated that decision.
>>
>>56582045
If the hatred around Serena is shipping then who lost the most during that episode? It wasn't the anti-shippers.
>>
>>56581986
Yeah, I don't get that. At least Ash won, if only he fucked off there, instead we had to witness that garbage Masters 8
>>
>>56582053
Funnily enough, the guy who wrote " Down to the Fiery Finish " hasn't worked on the anime since
>>
>>56581969
"anti-Serena/shipping fags" were pissing and shitting all over the catalog for like a full month, first because it got leaked she was returning and then to desperately damage control the episode and insist that fans totally seriously really hated it and it totally deconfirmed their hated pairing so its fans were totally super btfo.

It doesn't surprise me one bit you fags were sending death threats to Yajima too, you're fucking obsessed with hating on this character and the fact that she's popular.
>>
File: ahahah.jpg (37 KB, 279x335)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>56572178
>>
>>56582149
Yeah. I was on /vp/ when Serena returned and the entire catalog got spammed by schizos that were upset about it. I was on /vp/ when Serena kissed Ash and the entire catalog got spammed by schizos upset about it. I've never in my life seen a character with this autistic and rabid a hatebase. Shit's fucking unreal.

I 100% believe these people would send death threats to Yajima, who had nothing to do with her Journeys return, for daring to bring her back.
>>
File: pqnras34w6591.jpg (39 KB, 700x363)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>56582025
It's all the fault of the XYfags who have been traumatized for many years and can't get over the defeat in the league, that's why they always look for a scapegoat and now Yuyama is playing that role. Incidentally they also throw shit on SM/Alola, the place where Ash won the league.
>>
>>56579986
If you think meaningful character progression couldn't be done in the span of the 150-200 episodes an individual series got, there's something wrong with you. No character needs 700 episodes to go through their arc, especially not in a show as simple as Pokémon.
>>
>>56582526
>>56579698
>>
>>56582526
The Alola League LITERALLY happened purely because people were shitting on early SM's slice of life gagshit
>>
>>56582526
Ash winning a league is not a problem in itself, but the Alola League was a fucking terrible way of doing it. And making him "champion" for winning is what started the entire retarded spiral that ended up with him getting written out.

Fuck SM, fuck Alola and fuck Tomiyasu and his retarded idea that Ash should win everything. Say what you want about Yuyama, but he kept the ship running steadily for 20 years before Tomiyasu fucked it all up.
>>
>>56582136
Either he was set up to be a fall guy from the beginning or his script got meddled with at the very end because the way the fight plays out makes zero sense, it feels like the script must've said "and then Charizard collapses after the final clash" only for someone to scribble over 'Charizard' and write 'Greninja' over it.
>>
>>56582136
>>56583083
Like half the writers quit after XY, it's just conicidental he was one of them.
>>
>>56579562
The problem is that Pokémon as a concept has a sense of progression by the very nature of there being sequential Gyms and a Pokémon League. It's not like Crayon Shin-chan or SpongeBob where it can be done indefinitely. There have to be resets at some point. But the writers were struggling to keep resets convincing. They simultaneously need to appeal to first time viewers who can self-insert as someone starting from the beginning and longtime fans who have expectations and have supported the series. It was an impossible balancing act between the status quo (Yuyama/new fans) and growth (writers/fans), and they had to look to the future. They understood negative feedback to Ash losing Leagues, especially as it became less and less believable as he became harder to reset. Not only that, but viewership had declined hard over the past decade, and it wasn't fair to the sponsors.

I think they made the right choice. There were enough reasons to retire him and move onto a venture with less fundamental issues. Even Ishihara saw problems arising with Ash as far back as 2002.
>>
>>56583659
Agreed. It's just a shame they realized this too late. Kalos would have made the perfect conclusion, but they fucked it up. Retooling the Sun & Moon series to amend this problem might not have been ideal, but it was the next best solution.
>>
>>56583659
Yeah, Johto should have been Ash's final series as the MC. Ishihara was right.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.