[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Find a flaw
>>
>>56731385
>Removed Seasons
>Pokemon colors of previous gens are washed-out
>Some updated pokemon cries are butchered like Charizard’s
>Battles sometimes lag a little
>Y’s villain plot is terrible
>Games were too hand-holdy
>EXP All and Amie bonus was not known to make the games way too easy
>Megas deconfirmed some pokemon another evolution stage (at the time)
>Post-game lacking since Ruby/Sapphire
>Sky Battles ruined flying-type Pokemon animations
>Routes felt more like straight lines compared to previous gens
>Kanto Pandering started to get worse here
>Games felt unfinished. Could have used sequels or a third version
>Most Rivals/Friends weren’t as good as previous gens
Pick any of these and I can elaborate on how they're true.
>>
>>56731405
How is Y different from X?
>>
I can't. It was the best application of multiplayer in the entire series and every game after gen 6 is made worse for not having this in it. Fuck Gamefreak.
>>
>>56731405
How do you know this isn't an ORAS screenshot?
>>
File: Acerola_annoyed.jpg (32 KB, 517x434)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>56731405
with the PSS, you fuckwit.
>>
File: 1296798894323.jpg (16 KB, 389x297)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>56731405
>Removed having to pointlessly wait months
>Made the Pokemon look more like the Pokemon
>Made the cries more unique and higher quality
>It's a 3DS game with good looking models
>I didn't pay attention to the game
>I'm retarded and for some reason think the previous games are challenging
>I'm retarded and for some reason think the previous games are challenging
>The Pokemon got an evolution instead of an evolution
>They put content before the credits instead of pointlessly locking it to after the credits and railroading the game harder
>Flying Pokemon fly
>I'm lying and parroting what I heard on reddit
>Pokemon exist in the Pokemon game
>I'm assblasted Game Freak didn't sell the game to me again but with a different thing on the box for no reason because I have stockholm syndrome
>I'm retarded and for some reason think the previous games have well made rivals
Where are the flaws, sagefag?
>>
>>56731468
Yawnfag, it's time to drop the mainline tier list.
>>
>>56731385
It doesn't work anymore
>>
File: 1414213888419.jpg (498 KB, 800x1000)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
>>56731385
Connection is lost when exiting the game, tapping the friend icon, waiting for the loading screen, finding a 100th friend to delete, inputting a code, exiting the friend menu with the extra loading screen, tap back into the game, click the wifi icon, confirm wanting to connect, and wait for that loading time to repopulate PSS, yet all of that is still faster than trying to get multiplayer going in any generation since. PSS was still working on Citra before the devs broke online functionality and no one has rehosted a public server.
>>
>>56731468
>>I'm retarded and for some reason think the previous games [blahblahblah]
You sing a different tune when criticizing games you don't like, hypocritical little bitch.
>>
>>56731385
Dying too soon.
>>
>>56731468
>pointlessly wait
That's not actually what seasons is. Seasons fleshes out the world and made it better, while impatient fags like you could change the clock and be unaffected. It's a net positive because of more work they did in making the appearances change.
>look more like pokemon
This is a false description. Official art is made for studio light. In-game models should be darker to reflect that actual lighting in-game, which isn't as bright. Also, they look better and don't look any less like pokemon
>cries
previous games also made cries higher quality, but didn't have the butcherings with some mons. Try actually reading.
>doesn't address the lag
Lag bad, waiting for rebuttal.
>paying attention
Not what was said. The plot is bad. Not everyone who says this somehow wasn't paying attention.
>previous games are challenging x2
more challenging than XY for more play styles, yes. Now defend the INCREASE in handholding and the addition of amie and other features that make the game easiER.
>Megas are evos
They aren't real evos. Megas prevent the mons from getting real egos. This is a flaw and you did not address it.
>muh credits
postgame content is designed different so this is just you intentionally misunderstanding the criticism. XY has less locations overall anyway so it doesn't matter. Now address the minimization of postgame.
Flying pokemon flying at all times and oftentimes in dumb ways is a real flaw you didn't address.
>lying
It's true and you didn't address it. More of XY's routes have only two access points that connect two areas, while previous games were more interconnected and had more routes that split your path.
>pokemon exist
Not what anyone's saying. Now address the Kanto Pandering flaw, which has to do with the way pokemon are presented, not existing.
>Z
We now have proof the game has unrealized loose ends. Address the criticism.
>previous games had good rivals
No one said that, just that XY's got worse.

Address the criticisms.
>>
>>56731405
What was the difference between X and Y's story, I forgot
Xerneas gives eternal life but Yvetal gives death or something like that? In that case it would be X's story that is stupid because the villain wants to do something good
>>
>>56731600
>all this lying
zzz
>>
>>56731620
>It's lying
Thanks for conceeding anon. You can't even say where I lied because I didn't. I don't know if you know this but anyone who has ever disagreed everyone thinks the other person has the facts wrong. The thing is, you're supposed to explain why you think that. I also believed you were lying and actually specifically explained where and how. You're just giving a copout response. I urge you to actually respond. Not to this post, but to the actually responsive post. So that you can defend your claim of XY somehow being flawless when everyone knows flawless games do not exist.
>>
>>56731405
He's referring to PSS you retard.
>>
>>56732139
Liking anything about Gen 6 (including its UI) is verboten.
>>
>>56731385
Only flaw of PSS was getting removed
>>
>>56731405
>removed useless feature that wasn't reintroduced ever again
>Pokemon colors look more natural to blend in with the surrounding environment
>Some updated pokemon cries are smoother and don't sound as bit-esque as they used to like Charizard's
>Battles look more dynamic with moving pokemon and now have different camera angles, which can create minor lag issues
>Y's villain plot is great
>Games were too hand-holdy with the new Exp Share, a free Mega Lucario and Affection bonus, but thankfully you are not forced to use any of those and can still have a challenging experience if you wish to
>Again, not mandatory
>Megas deconfirmed some pokemon another evolution stage (thankfully)
>Rich post-game with the Friend Safari, a brand new wi-fi battling system that allows people for the first time ever to play competitively worldwide after they finish the main story, the introduction of the Battle Maison, Mega Stone hunting, Looker mini story , Popularity growth in Lumiose City by working in the Hotel and walking around with fancy clothes
>P-pokemon with the ability to fly should be standing on the ground because... Th-they just should ok??
>Good
>It's now wrong to make references to the most iconic region of the franchise in a completely new technological setting like the 3D
>I have to agree with you here. Game Freak should start working on a game where the Kalos lore gets more explor- Oh wait
>The Rivals/Friends have different personalities and actually interact with each other/with the MC instead of acting like misunderstood edgy geniuses all the time and only showing up to fight
>>
>>56731385
Literally nothing, it was so good, it was clearly TOO good, I can only assume the reason for the online systems immediately going from among the best (XY) to among the worst (SM), and then staying bad, arguably getting even worse each game, is due to some sort of parental concerns, like it was too easy to communicate with people and play online so kids were getting groomed or something idk.
>>
>>56731421
Not that guy but they are all XY character designs
>>
Oh how I miss my easy max IV Dittos
>>
>>56732237
ORAS's PSS differentiates between players on XY or the former
>>
>>56732201
>>56731600
>>56731468
friendly reminder that they meant the PSS system. not gen 6. so either you guys are fucking retarded or OP is right and you guys had to argue about something else to turn this into a genwar thread.
>>
>>56731385
Its in XY.
>>
>>56732286
I don't give a shit about OP's post, I'm just answering to firstfag
>>
File: 2rf.png (322 KB, 507x369)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>>56732328
then get the fuck outta here bro
>>
>>56732201
>useless feature
Seasons fleshes out the world and made it better, while impatient fags like you could change the clock and be unaffected. It's a net positive because of more work they did in making the appearances change.
>colors look more natural
This is the opposite if what XY did. It made them seem like they always have a million spotlights instead of being or saturated to fit with their environments.
>cries sound smoother
That's good, but some were butchered, which hasn't been addressed. Take Reshiram for example.
>moving pokemon and camera angles
Some look great, and I'll ignore the flat closing the mons take most off the time, as well as even better camera work that was scrapped. The Lag was still not addressed. it is the flaw OP was asking for.
>plot
The plot has serious problems.
>you are not forced to use the new features
But it's a flaw that I can't pet my mon and have challenges in-game, like I very clearly should have.
>not mandatory
again, above
>thankfully
This is a classic simple disagreement. I think GF should always leave the possibility open to complete a three stage line if they get some good ideas later. if later they make it worse I will also call that out, but locking it out with a Mega would still be a flaw.
>Rich post game
I like what's in it that you described, but it's noticeably less than previous games had. We now have a leak that shows they intended to add more areas, most likely that were postgame areas.
>they just should ok
Because the ability to fly shouldn't mandate that you fly at all times. It's not believable and makes their legs useless. In some cases, it's even against the point, like Xatu being a totem pole.
>routes should not interconnect
Not sure why you have this opinion but I disagree. I think a game is better when its routes can lead to several places.
>most iconic regions
Prvious games did this as well, but no where near the extent of XY where it feels unnatural and forced.
>>
>>56732281
Yeah, but the fact that there are 0 oras designs is pretty telling
>>
>>56732201
>>56732369
pt 2

>ZA
I'll wait to pass judgement but I have massive doubts. It's nearly confirmed to be only Lumiose anyway, which no one needed fleshed out like I said. Also it's their first attempt at proper urban exploration and I doubt they'll nail it their first try.

>>56732347
He is not me. I'm the one who responded first ITT to be open and honest. To be faithful towards myself as well, it's a Gen 6 screenshot, so it's not so out of left field when I and others started discussing flaws that mostly apply to all of Gen 6. I'll admit I was thinking about XY though and focused on that.
>>
>>56731405
>seasons
Unova zoomer spotted, nobody gives a fuck about retarded 1 month seasons my bussin bussin friend
>>
>>56732518
Seasons were a good additions just like day and night cycles anon. Sorry soulful additions break your brain so hard with boogeymen everywhere.
>>
>>56732402
You derailed my thread about the pss to me autistic
>>
>>56732560
>thread about a gen 6 feature
>people talking about gen 6 attributes make him mad
I admitted it was a mistake you illiterate retard. It seems like you responded to it because it was obviously intended to be a fallback in case you couldn't defend the game's flaws.
>>
>>56732962
>I admitted it was a mistake you illiterate retard.
So? Nothing was stopping you from deleting the post after realizing you erred.
>>
>>56733005
>deleting the post
A discussion ensued back and forth and I'm continuing it. Do you think every thread is a survey? Do you even know how a conversation works? They flow between topics and evolve.
>>
>>56733005
I think sagefag knew it was about the PSS but he felt the need to make a giant rant about XY as a cope for being bullied over Samurott the whole day kek
>>
>>56733030
brings up Samurott out of no where while accusing others of derailing the thread
Funny, I see someone challenged you to make this thread, so you decided to make it intentional bait so you could backpedal when that's obviously an XY screenshot, on top of samefagging and screeching about boogeymen like a deranged schizophrenic. >>56731335
>>
>>56732962
The pss was the point of the thread. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
watch out anon now he'll cope by hyper fixating on typos like always
>>
>>56733097
You’re learning first hand how much of a disingenuous genwar mongering retard sagefag is.
>>
>>56733097
Do you finish reading posts you respond to? I admitted it was a mistake you illiterate retard. Your "therefore" is what I have issue with. A discussion came from that mistake >>56731468>>56731600>>56731620>>56731826>>56732201>>56732369>>56732402
So what's wrong with just continuing? I'm happy to discuss the PSS as well.
>>
>>56733131
>posts screenshot of game asking for flaws
>anon criticizes the game by listing flaws
>NOOO YOU MUST ONLY DISCUSS THE PART OF THE GAME I POSTED
If it were a Title Screen image no one would say the thread was only discussing the title screen. Stop being intentionally retarded.
>>
>>56733026
A discussion that had nothing to do with the intended topic of the thread (the PSS), yet when it's your good ol' friend yawncuck doing the same, it's no biggie. Stop trying to conceal your initial intention.
>>
>>56733171
Nigger shut the fuck up. The pss was in oras too?!
>>
>>56733174
>A discussion that had nothing to do with the intended topic of the thread
Therefore delete? That's stupid. You don't advocate the rest of the people who responded to the side discussion delete their posts also. I recognized it was a mistake and apologized but that's not enough for you greedy gremlins. Now you demand more and ruin any chance of the thread getting back on track, turning it from a genwar thread to a genwar thread ABOUT genwars with even less semblance of discussing the PSS, which I was the only one who offered to do just that.
>>
>>56733215
Why are there zero ORAS players in the screenshot? This is obviously an XY screenshot.
>>
Just goes to show how destroyed XY discourse is. If XY wasn't used as genwar bait for years then people would immediately start genwarring when XY is posted. You-know-who will feign innocence even though it's all their fault.
>>
>>56733219
>You don't advocate the rest of the people who responded to the side discussion delete their posts also.
It's in the nature of an internet forum with limited moderation like this: the one who instigated the flamewar is the one who should take responsibility.
>I recognized it was a mistake and apologized but that's not enough for you greedy gremlins.
Yeah. Stop replying and let the thread die before it stays up for a day like most of Yawnfag's shitposts, or let it turn into a genuine discussion about the PSS and people's experiences with it when it was still available and how it might've been better or worse in some areas than the current system in SV.
>Now you demand more and ruin any chance of the thread getting back on track, turning it from a genwar thread to a genwar thread ABOUT genwars with even less semblance of discussing the PSS, which I was the only one who offered to do just that.
See above
>>
>>56733219
The thread already reached its natural answer with. >>56731545 and >>56731419
Really this side tangent is just silly to me. I didnt play xy so im just confused as to why its being targeted with such criticism.
>>
>>56733285
Sure, I get that you aren't meant to participate in the tangent. I don't really want anyone new to even do so. But if you look at me and my post, I acknowledged several times I overstepped. However, someone did respond to me and I responded back. Me receiving exclusive anger makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>56731385
The only flaw it has is that it died
>>56731545
I want them to take turns raping me
>>
>>56731385
Gamefreak killed it, that's the only flaw
>>
>>56733279
True. Sagefag is feigning innocence in this very thread.
>>
File: 1618855356787.png (32 KB, 397x529)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>it's a Gen 6 screenshot, so it's not so out of left field when I and others started discussing flaws that mostly apply to all of Gen 6
>>
>>56735368
I’ve been accused by you as being “sagefag” but it’s obviously you who is feigning innocence by deflecting and projecting like always. You just responded to a neutral post by pointing fingers. You very clearly posted this bait thread with a way out in response to>>56733092
>>
File: 1541903421621.jpg (233 KB, 577x450)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>it's a Gen 6 screenshot, so it's not so out of left field when I and others started discussing flaws that mostly apply to all of Gen 6
>>
>>56731385
niggers and women
>>
>>56735503
>>56735988
>le mass reply
Nothing is wrong with that statement, yawnie downie. The bullets are waiting.
>>
File: 1401441812915.jpg (78 KB, 500x500)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>2 replies
>mass reply
>>
File: 1555021209010.jpg (52 KB, 500x500)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>60 replies
>no rebuttal
>>
File: sgefg.png (227 KB, 1901x601)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>56737519
Why are you saging your own thread?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.