[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: death.png (276 KB, 288x360)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
What's the best Compile Heart game?
>>
I've never played one of their games. Don't people say they are all bad or something?
>>
>>3614546
They're typically not terrific. That said I thought trillion was kind of neat.
>>
>>3614546
They're like Gust, in that they're all these 3 star games that just scrape by, some having amazing features or visuals that don't blend.
>>
>>3614546
They have cool ideas but the games aren't good.
>>
>>3614576
>They're like Gust
lmao no, Gust is backed by Koei and their games have vastly better production values. Compile Heart is bottom of the barrel, even below Falcom's annual rehashes. About on par with FuRyu I guess
>>
>>3614541
>>3607443
>>
They're all equally shit. Idea Factory/Compile Heart and Falcom produce the worst games in the entire genre consistently.
>>
>>3614541
they're all shit.
>but
no.
>>
>>3614541
Mary Skelter
>>
File: 1712370637409.webm (3.78 MB, 1280x720)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB WEBM
>>3614708
Imagine crying about compile heart and falkino when your games look and play like this.
>>
>>3614576
LOL 10 minutes of Blue Reflection puts that whole studio to shame. CH is only good at making good shovelwares
>>
>>3615125
Man square shitters have fallen hard
>>
Their PS4 games, I think, are superior to anything they were making for PS2 or PS3.

The problem with their PS3 games were they were all kind of reskins with the same assets. But a different battle system.

Like, the pattern of gameplay in Cross Edge is to progress through the base/town/hub's menu reward system. Which might require defeating X enemies or crafting X items with rare drops. Mainly spending Points earned from chaining skills in battle. And it's really designed for points to be spent in a certain order. Everything is listed as "???" so you might spend points to get a higher reward like crafting recipes you can't use yet because none of the materials are available or the blacksmith has the level up first.
It's a painful learning experience.

So then you play Agarest war...and it's the exact same thing. Same monsters and rewards. Same skill chain > points > shop conversion.
It's just that the battle system is now a tactics grid. And a single battle can take 5-10 minutes. With 20 party members that all level up at the same times, that require manual point allocation every time.
It's also a painful time consuming experience.

So then you play Neptunia...and...Fairy Fencer F...and...Death end re:Quest ...
They're all basically the same repetitive game. Which is unfair because you could say the same about Final Fantasy, but they've got production value.

There's a surface crust to these games that make them all different. You know, the story concept is different and interesting. But that's only a small fraction of the real game.
It's like
It's like
It's like someone bought a loaf of bread, covered it in frosting, and called it a "cake".
Sure, it's edible and has decorative appeal. But nobody is going to want the leftovers. It's just bread. I've got nothing against bread. I'll eat a hotdog wrapped in slice of bread instead of a real bun - at home! But if I was paying for a meal anywhere else, I expect them to have actual hotdog buns.
>>
>>3615147
the games have pantyshots in them
>>
>>3615147
/thread
>>
>>3615125
>>3615137
What kind of schizophrenic drivel is this? Are you really trying to involve me in your imaginary war on whatever the fuck you're on about? Take your meds.
>>
>>3614541
Out of the ones I’ve played the highest quality game all around with the least glaring issues to drag it down was Neptunia MK2. I think VIIR might be better but I haven’t played enough yet.
>>
>>3615125
Sovl
>>
File: 1651102110713.jpg (633 KB, 1414x1414)
633 KB
633 KB JPG
mary skelter finale
>>
>>3615849
>VIIR might be better
VIIR is a straight downgrade of VII, just retarded easy, while VII was a pretty challenging game with meaningful resource management. Where as in VIIR you overlevel very quickly and get fully healed (SP as well) after each battle, so you just spam your strongest shit and steamroll.

Also, all the cool 4K graphics mods are for VII only, VIIR is locked to 1080p and no modder wants to touch it.
>>
>>3614541
I like FFF and Death End Request.
They are not high quality games, though.
>>
>>3615125
>Looks at this game made by the oldest employee of this company that is allowed to do whatever he want without caring about sales
I wish nihon falcom let Kiya and old developer do the same with Ys, Xanadu, Sorcerian was a 1/100 .
But well western Falcom fanbase are filled with those dumb tard console warring and salesfagottry
>>
Death End has a really novel idea of "pinballing" enemies off each other after you attack them.
The problem is that it's just no visually congruent with the battle system's camera or your controls.

There's a really really good concept there though of layering up attacks and bounding enemies off each other like Dragon Ball Z, but it's not there in the game.
>>
>>3614541
Unironically probably trillion.
>>
>>3614546
ironic weebs love to spam that because goylems will use anything they can to attack japan
>>
>>3614576
>>3614664
>>3614708
>>3615129
How do you feel about every single CH game making exponentially more money than the biggest AAAA game in the history of westoid entertainment?
>>
>>3616954
probably why they abandoned the idea by the most recent game
good idea on paper, pretty fucking meh in practice

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.