[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

3-Year duration 4chan Passes are now available for $45

[Advertise on 4chan]

How 2 knife fight?
>>
https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/survival/US%20%20-Army%20%20-%20Knife%20Fighting%20Manual%20Techniques.pdf
TL;DR: Only two things matter.
1. Holding the knife properly.
2. Most important, the will to win.
>>
File: 1659761442579.webm (2.75 MB, 352x640)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB WEBM
>>201505
That book is overrated. It's good at pointing out that

>knife fights are better described as sudden knife assaults than duels
>simple techniques are better than complicated stuff
>aggression and being direct is important

But there's a lot of stuff in it that's treated as gospel when it's as much of a myth as the things it claims are myths
>nobody leads with the knife
>knife vs knife doesn't happen
>icepick grip isn't real and only exists in the movies
I've got a dozen webms that say otherwise.
>>
>>201556
Look at how low IQ so many of these people are, thinking this is some kind of entertainment and it's not possible anyone will get hurt, other than the 2 guys fighting.

Police and security guards sitting back, confused, civilians taking cell phone pics and surrounding the body just staring at it like it's some mystical orb.
>>
The longer the knife, the better.
>>
>>201496
>>187193
>>
>>201556
Hypothetical Self defense fags are the worst
Once had a guy tell me you need to know where the studs in your walls are so if you're ever trapped in a room you can break through into the next one
>>
>>201736
>talking with a girl who knows karate
>finds out I lift
>haha anon what would your gym skills skills ever do if someone came at you with a knife
>pretty sure I'm fit enough just book it, or throw something heavy at the guy
>haha anon you're an idiot don't you know you just hand over your wallet
>okay what would you do with your karate skills then
>hand over my wallet silly haha
I never really understood that conversation until I met some more hypothetical self defense people, and it's always the same shit of "here's a vague scenario What would you do also any answer except for what I have in mind is wrong"
>>
>>201747
Go watch the ultimate self-defense challenge and it's clear the people running the show are just making it up as they go along and giving scores based on nothing but their subjective opinion
>>
Why do people think a "knife fight" means two people are doing a victorian fencing duel but with real knives?
IRL a crackhead will shank your neck from behind or a bunch of pothead losers will jump you with balisongs. Even in prison where they have "honor rules", a huge amount of backstabbing attacks surprise shanks and murderous group attacks happen and a lot.
>>
>>201751
>Why do people think a "knife fight" means two people are doing a victorian fencing duel but with real knives?
Nice try, officer, but a gentleman's private affairs are none of your business.
>>
>>201747
>>201736
all self defense people are antipragmatic
>i will just simply fire 16 rounds into a home invader and spend the next three years and thousands of dollars pleading self defense in court and litigating a wrongful death lawsuit
they'll never admit the best self defense is $200 in cash. small bills.
>anyone mugging you just wants cash
>anyone robbing your house just wants to pawn your shit for cash
>anyone trying to rape your wife could just use the $200 on a prostitute
>anyone breaking into your car would rather have $200 cash
>any other disagreement is easily solved by bribery
i keep a stack of $200 in the drawer next to my bed. if i go anywhere weird i bring $200. i have yet to need it but im always prepared
>but muhmuhmuh youre a cuck letting yourself get robbed!!!!!!
$200 isnt shit to me. it matters only to whatever methhead is bothering me. $200 is easily worth saving time. it's like getting a flat tire.
>>
>>201803
>bro just give the criminal cash and the trouble will be over, they won't assume the kind of person who has hundreds of dollars of cash on their person has more worth taking
Have you ever talked with the kinds of people who do armed robbery? I have. Having an attractive up-front compliance option can help some of the time but it's not going to end the encounter all of the time.
>>
>>201803
It's not a terrible idea, but you shouldn't assume that a mugger/rapist/stabbist is a reasonable person who can be negotiated with and won't be emboldened by your compliance or shank you just in case
>>
>>201749
>ultimate self defense challenge
Seriously some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen
>ah yes, the common self defense scenario of a gang of knife weilding maniacs chasing you through a warehouse where you are completely unarmed and unable to acquire a weapon. Your only way to survive is to make it to a magic tree where they suddenly stop trying to kill you. Happens all the time.
>>
>>201803
>no one’s ever been killed after complying with a violent criminal
Retard
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom
>>
>>201751
Only happens to suckas with no awareness like you.
>>
>>201831
>you just need awareness and you can avoid a knife altogether
thanks for proving me right. the concept of knife fight is retarded because it's never ONLY knives: it will be a full "mma style" brawl + knives. maybe the other guy knows K-1 and fucks up your leg and then stabs you when you're limping. Or he knows judo and shanks you 10 times on the floor after throwing you unto concrete .
>>
File: psh mort.gif (116 KB, 400x225)
116 KB
116 KB GIF
>>201803
>no one’s ever been killed after complying with a violent criminal
>>
>>201841
I wonder how often it occurs to pondering self defensers that a weapon user might also be any sort of proficient in an unarmed style. Or even that they mightve played high school football or whatever and have a solid understanding and comfort with just tackling someone before stabbing them. That they might actually have to get really fucking bloody seems to never occur to them.
>>
>>201712
the fuck are they gonna do about it? it's not the security guard's responsibility to get stabbed breaking up a couple of crackheads.
>>
>>201556
>onlookers
>security or cop guy: ...huh
>others: he fell
>yes he fell
>he's bleeding
>is he dead?
>he may be in the process
>...huh
>>
File: 1718926480413972.jpg (24 KB, 386x371)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>201556
>that dude who pulls the white box away
>>
>>201826
holy shit, stay armed kommandos
>>
>>201556
>0:22
>observe and report
>nevermind, even that sounds like too much effort
>>
>>201712
what is the high IQ move here? The only smart thing I can see to do is to move away swiftly, but if you see this kind of thing on a semi-frequent basis you get desensitized to the danger, kind of like factory workers do with heavy machinery. You get lazy about it.
>>
>>201556
I don't know where or why this is happening but this makes me want to move to america just so I can own a gun
>>
>>202574
First high iq move would be to not hold the knife like a monkey on meth. Second high iq move would be to go for a low takedown that instantly turns to shanking the opponent in the liver.
>>
>>202623
>how to get stabbed in the spine 101
>>
>>202623
You know how most people ineffectively try to hammer strike people on the back when they get double legged? That movement becomes a lot more effective when they’re sticking a blade in you.
>>
>>201556
I watched your webms on /k/. Suprised nobody asked you to post moar on here lol
>>
>>202939
What is the effective move when you get double legged
>>
>>209221
sprawl
>>
>>201712
I mean, what the fuck do you expect? Someone to jump in and separate them? I’m not getting stuck trying to save two retards from themselves.
>>
>>201496
the reason knife fights dont happen often is because the people who dont take blade weapons seriously know deep down that it can seriously injure them.
You'd have to be literally special needs to think otherwise. Same thing applies to archery
if you're a good shot you could kill someone with field point due to the high FPS and velocity the arrow travels at

In an actual knife fight there is likely to not be any victors post fight.
One would likely bleed to death on the way to the hospital and the other would likely bleed to death on the way there.
But everyone is different.
Some can survive multiple gunshots and some can survive multiple stab wounds some people can take punches
some cant
some people can take grappling pain
some cant

there is only one way to find out where you lay on that spectrum
>>
>>209277
>the other would likely bleed to death on the way there

and the other would just bleed to death right there*
>>
>>201556
>>209277(me)
the guy in green is a massive pussy
>>
>>201556
>>209279(me again)
This is honestly a good example of people who dont know how to weild x or y weapon fighting.
>>
>>209277
>muh loser dies on da street
>muh winner dies on the way to the hospital
When will the memes die? Yeah, you do any kind of fighting you’ll probably be injured but this idea that two suicidal retards just go crazy and stab each other to death is insane and disproven by actual reality. Look at >>201556. Loser dies on the street winner just casually walks away. If you live in a first world country hopefully he spends life in prison after but you never actually know.
>>
>>209294
retard doesnt know how to read threads
2016 election tourist need to die
>>
>>201803
Ah yes, because the criminal probably has the wealth and good family background to pay for attorneys to argue wrongful death.
>Sir, can't you see the well brought up boy from private school was just doing a harmless prank?
I looked at this thread to look at the memes and there's a few retards, sure, but you stand out because unlike the hypothetical scenarios people, you're actually arguing against using self defense at all. Ask me how I know you've never held a gun in your life.
>Criminals parents sue you
LMFAO what the fuck do you think leads them to robbery in the first place.
>>
>>209363
>doesn’t actually address anything said
>muh trump
Kill yourself
>>
https://youtu.be/ZX7e2wk-u1M
>>
>>201803
lmao what a cuck you are
>>
>>209397
you're a knuckle dragging retard
you make autistic people look smart
>>
>>209397
nigger
>>
>>209448
>>209449
Seethe
>>
>>201496
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_6EPKltO04&list=PLeBFFy3A_dl0UQcf-Prc3FxNSi_rcqcYH&index=2&pp=iAQB
>>
>>201496
>Don't get stabbed
>Kill the other guy
>Bring a gun
>>
>>201556
is this the philiphines or south east asia? where do people fight like this, with that kind of footwork, discipline and switching grips mid strike?
>>
>>209495
My brother in christ what discipline can you find in two retards knife-fighting in the middle of the fucking street

It's probably south america (maybe spain, I dunno) since the security guard's Outfit has text talking about a Mall in spanish.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.