[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu General: I wish that were me edition

>Smoothcomp
https://smoothcomp.com

>Belt Checker
https://www.beltchecker.com (dead)

>Thread question
at what age are you no longer expected to roll but still get respect

Previous thread: >>207439
>>
What's your go-to for when you're playing open guard and your opponent steps over your leg to start cutting? The "leg bump" that is preached everywhere doesn't work. I'm thinking going shin to shin is my best shot. Also x guard but that may be tricky.
>>
>>211066
You have to beat them into a sweep or guard before they do that. Maybe shin to shin > single X. If they step over to begin the knee cut get them into your half-guard.
>>
>>211066
Shin to shin for a stand up / wrestle up is good against guys who don't like to wrestle
>>
>>211066
I'm not sure I understand the scenario you're describing, but either way, you should be thinking about guard retention (frames, connections, etc.) rather than reaching for a position that might not be there
This might help:
https://youtu.be/P4JGqlSKGek?si=7dAFvHMLxYjHSBCl
>>
>>211050
I just download all of the Power instructional,
I will report back after watching them.
>>
I got smothered in reverse kesa gatame again is there a counter or sneaky attack for this besides trying to shimmy out
>>
>>211066
There's some fun in reverse DLR in a situation like that. You have an inversion to the back, you can go matrix and k guard.
>>
FEET
>>
File: 1725574619234799.jpg (92 KB, 1079x954)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/SrbCjGeiSXs
>start doing bjj
>still an incel
is it over bjjbros?
>>
>>211273
Incel shit is like alcohol wherein if you're not drinking all the time it's just fucking awful to listen to. Made it 35 seconds when he says "typical fatcel."

Of all the arguments I hear about BJJ, it's always about how gay it is or how effective it is in street fights. I've never heard anyone say it's a good place to get pussy. Rule of thumb: if a girl is doing BJJ, it's because she's getting fucked by a martial artist. No other woman has the wherewithal to walk through the doors and try something new that's challenging. They have a complex about things being/appearing difficult the same way men have one about hair and wrists.
>>
>>211274
I have seen a woman once in my bjj club and it was the wife of a blue belt who was curious about what he was doing thrice a week.
>>
>>211273
did this nigga make a 20 minute reaction video to a 4 minute guy blogging in his car?
>>
>>211273
Incel is a state of mind

You can be a fat sub 3 gaymer manchild neckbeard and get awesome pussy. You can be a terminal Manlet and be married with kids. I see this regularly.

You can be an alpha 6'3 chad looks wise and still be a butthurt incel who hates everything
>>
>>211358
this
>>
The Andrew Wiltse situation is just straight up sad bros. I used to get a lot of inspiration from him and now seeing how he ended up is scary. Don't take your mental health for granted
>>
>>211524
What's going on?
>>
>>211537
A manic depressive discovered meth. Lulz ensued.
>>
>>211547
>meth
That is a joke right?
>>
>>211551
No. Might be inaccurate, but all signs seem to point to some kind of stimulant induced episode instead of a "normal" one. Meth is just an option.
>>
>>211554
Meth is just adderall for people without health insurance
>>
File: 1722308337362134.png (22 KB, 576x576)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>211524
he has gone on to say BJJ is all he cares about in life. it's a coping mechanism for him. he has trained hard, is obviously a skilled player but still never made it to the big leagues despite it all.
i think he would benefit a lot if he took a step back from training and focused on trying to fix his life.
>>
>>211586
Well He's a drillyboi doing IP method repping thousands of time and that isn't how you become great
That makes you able to beat shitters only

Substandard coaching really, that whole teams claim to fame is winning under belt comps...so winning absolutely nothing
>>
>>211551
No it’s not a joke. His girlfriend looks very sketchy and looks like an early stage crackhead, he’s perpetually dirty and manic and is currently begging for money on instagram. I think it’s another stimulant induced manic episode
>>
File: 1722601360812866.png (1.25 MB, 1378x887)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>211644
she's definitely enabling him. sad to see.
>>
>>211586
Pretty ironic, because frankly I don't believe he's actually training right now. The whole "manic crackhead energy four days without sleep" shit is waaay easier to maintain when you're just walking around rambling at your smartphone, not actually putting in the rounds on the mat. When's the last time we've actually seen him slap&bump and get to work?

>>211644
>begging for money on instagram
One of his posts was "my mom's healing crystal shop is the first official sponsor of the gym rat program!", i.e., mom sent me some cash. It's bad bros.

There but for the grace of God go I, bros. I hope I never get lost upside my own ass. Anons, find the people in your life you can trust to call you on your bullshit and LISTEN TO THEM if they have something to tell you. There is a higher, wiser path between being an oversocialized people pleaser and being a Dunning-Kruger arrogant idiot who thinks you're smarter than everyone.
>>
>>211050
been meaning to add daily deals to the OP
https://www.bjjhq.com/
>>
How do I learn to invert as a fat guy?
>>
>>211889
You dont
>>
>>211889
Become a more flexible and mobile fat guy.
>>
>>211889
I once saw a fat dude get forcibly inverted by a strong guy who got deep into the jacket's sides and used his head to drive through center. Looked like a human snow plow.
>>
>>211891
That's probably safest
>>
>>211892
I have a goal of going up to 300lbs to feel like what it is like to be a sumo wrestling.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.