[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Blender-Splash-Fox.jpg (550 KB, 988x988)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
Previous: >>966941
>>
Blender Today is ogre.
Fucking bummer because I enjoyed that show
>>
File: Wooden-Mannequin.jpg (861 KB, 1124x1928)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
Still looking for rigged mannequins I can use to pose and display people to then use as templates to draw over.
1. where can I get a good asset for blender that is already rigged and allows me to put them into any number of positions?
2. Should I draw in blender or just stick with krita?
3. No I am not looking for plugins like MLab or something to create photorealistic models, just a single asset with roughly correct proportions i can download and put into blender
>>
>>973567
Just learn to draw tracing nigger
>>
>>973570
I literally want to create images to trace you retard.
>>
>>973567
https://www.mixamo.com/
>>
>>973567
https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/character/anatomy/wooden-mannequin-for-artists
Took me like 2 minutes
>>
>>973562
So Blender hired this week the Cuban that made the Dyntopo mode 200 years ago to work in the sculpt mode and the mac version, he has worked on 3d coat and Zbrush too, Farsthary.
https://www.youtube.com/@farsthary1984
>>
>>973588
Holy fuck that's great news
>>
>>973588
This is huge
>>
>>973589
More news after the sculpt meeting on Tuesday :^) , maybe tomorrow in Blender today too.
>>
>>973592
>tomorrow
Monday
>>
File: 1659140555181430.jpg (46 KB, 408x612)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>973594
The day Anon discovers timezones
>>
>>973589
It's great news for those who care about sculping in Blender. For those 5 people.
>>
File: 1600513320244.jpg (23 KB, 474x546)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>973596
Yes, and?
>>
>>973597
Nothing. I'm sure >>939000 is going to benefit from it greatly. And that's a good thing.
>>
But most importantly, if the guy expands the scope and use of Dyntopo, it's not like you're going to complain because it's not ALL QUADS? Are you?
>>
>>973588
ahh i remember that guy
>>
>>973567
you should just make one yourself using subsurfed cubes and the rigify basic human template, but some twitter grifter's been peddling a premade one lately; here's a copy from cgpersia: https://files.catbox.moe/kog7zi.zip
>>
Is the new Beta stable enough?
>>
>>973888
No, crashed 4 times today while making hair cards, going back to an stable version
>>
File: 1694396600980704.png (68 KB, 1123x286)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
What does this mean. I just went from 3.4 to 4.0 by the way. Losing my shit over here
>>
>>973908
>BlenderGIS
You're trying to use a lazily maintained addon that got updated last almost two years ago and a lot has changed under the hood of Blender with version 4.0.
If you want to keep using it you need to keep using your old version of Blender or get someone to fix its incompatibility with 4.x for you.
>>
>>973909
Yeah, I just downloaded 3.6.8 and the addon works like it used to. thanks
>>
>>973912
Hey no prob
>>
Is there a way to change which direction Blender thinks is the front? I want it to be positive X because it makes the most sense.
>>
>>973928
A took a quick look, but nah, I don't think so.
Personally, don't think +X being the front makes any kind of sense at all. +Y is forward, -Y is back. It'll save you a fuckload of troubleshooting down the line when you start fucking around with objects on paths.
>>
starting to sculpt within blender, but I'm wondering if there's another piece of software similar to these videos that allows me to use booleans to carve out shapes using another shape, and sort of 'stamp' shapes down
I know you can use booleans and metaballs in blender, but it's not quite as fast as this
also, the way you can get a basic form, stretch it out and curve it very quickly is pretty appealing, but the piece of shit is annoyingly limited to the PS4

https://www.youtube.com/live/q8iJpblGowY?si=h_U8QpeXT19QoWGr&t=1079

https://youtu.be/pNcv6QtUcmA?si=IfWEqpvivOGarsEv&t=45
>>
>>974254
actually ignore that, looks Substance 3D Modeler is what I'm looking for. oddly enough I never ever see anyone discussing this here

https://youtu.be/HkVReuxEpq4?si=rGFJ_-0X06oA8sc6&t=344
>>
>>974256
all that is based on signed distant fields, you have a fuckton of programs, a paid addon and a couple of nodes in blender, experimental
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-IwE586m4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBSlTWb-uN0
>>
>>974256
>I never ever see anyone discussing this here
Boy, I wonder why.
>>
>>974267
>>974256
We have a thread here >>972553
>>
File: 1702466099350834.gif (934 KB, 128x128)
934 KB
934 KB GIF
>blogpost on animation 2025
>big design info dump in the repo
>quickly becomes obvious they're going to dick around reinventing the wheel for 2 years instead of just making the NLA a linkable datablock and fixing the pose breakdown tool to work with "combine" strips
>>
>>974272
Looked more like a 3d printing thread, going by the OP image. Figured the "smoothing" was more about smoothing Resin/PLA prints, rather than making smooth CG objects.

>>974336
NOOOO you're supposed to look at the pretty graphics, not want actual feature improvements to dead aspects of the software
>>
File: Camera Raw.jpg (128 KB, 1010x1080)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Hey dudes, I'm doing something retarded and I'm trying to "convert" (using that term very loosely) some Adobe Camera Raw presets to Blender's compositor.
90% of it is pretty self explanatory and have a parallel, RGB curves to RGB Curves node, HSL Mixer to the Hue Correct node, that's like most of the heavy lifting.
Whether or not the numbers match up is another story. The story is, that they don't.

Pic related though are two sections that I can't really find a good parallel for.
Notably the "Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Blacks" in the basic, and all the sliders in the "Calibration" section.
For the first few, I thought the "Color Correction" node would be the analog, but I don't think so now, as it doesn't really do the same thing at all. I've tried searching it up to see if anyone has tried it, but all I get are PS tutorials by Indians and stuff.
For the second one with the RGB primaries, I don't think there's a node that handles it, but I think I can pull something by separating the RGB, and adjusting that way.

I guess if the math is available for the highlights/shadows stuff, I might be able to hack something together though if there's not a node that does that.
>>
File: Compare.jpg (1.04 MB, 1920x1803)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>974361
Alright, a little progress on this, but somehow I've dug myself into a hole. The biggest factor in how the CR presets look is down to the RGB curves (what a surprise). Meaning all the extra shit is pretty much a non issue.
Apparently curve adjusters aren't built equal, though, even when you use the exact same settings/curves.

Pic related is a comparison between Adobe Camera Raw's curves (which I'm trying to "port" over to Blender's), Photoshop's curves adjustment layer, and finally, Blender's RGB curves. All three are the same image, sRGB with no transforms.
As you can see, they're all different. Even within Photoshop their own curve adjusters are completely different in both CR and the adj. layer. As you can see, the curves are the exact same, and the histograms (between CR and PS) are pretty similar.

What I don't fucking get, is why the fuck Blender is so different. It's a fucking mystery that I have no clue how to solve. It's as if its curves act fundamentally different to how it works in literally everything else. I've found a few posts online of people saying the same thing, but all the replies are essentially "no u".

Anyone know what the fuck is going on here? Like at worse, I had expected it to look like PS's curves, "close but not quite there". Not what I'm seeing now.
>>
>>974503
And yes, I've tried using the standard and filmic settings on Blender's RGB curves (filmic looks like shit in this case). I also converted PS's curve values by dividing them by 255, to fit into Blender's retarded 0-1 value system for the curves.
If I figure this shit out, it shouldn't be too hard to write some script or something to import the presets into Blender's compositor. I've got a fuckload of VSCO presets that'd be nifty to just drag in via the asset browser.
>>
File: hdsfsd7f.png (470 KB, 2060x744)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
tried making a curved border around this organic looking shape but can't figure out a proper way of doing it
my method for this was:
>set cursor to point on mesh
>create plane
>merge verts into a single vertice
>turn on face snapping
>extrude vertice all around the object
>convert to curve
>add depth
>convert back to mesh
feels like a pretty retarded and needlessly complex way of doing something so simple
>>
File: 1559205568214.jpg (36 KB, 577x577)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Imagine sculpting in Blender before remeshing was added
>>
Do you think that we will have this https://projects.blender.org/blender/blender/pulls/113270 before the end of the year? it is the last core shit I'm waitting for.
>>974509
Cris, Blender used to have better performance before the 2.8 and the new viewport.
>>
File: hashd7.png (499 KB, 1411x1025)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
>>974508
never mind, got it
>select edges
>separate by selection
>convert to curve
>add depth
>convert back to mesh
works perfectly. also give me one reason why I shouldn't model everything using subdivision surface and the cage option
the topology is always seemingly perfect and I have no intention to rig, animate or do anything to it outside of blender, and texturing will be a piece of piss since I'll be using a procedural clay shader
>>
File: blender_7Zh8jFZQHp.gif (933 KB, 1581x932)
933 KB
933 KB GIF
>>
File: 0001-0110.webm (3.22 MB, 1920x1080)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB WEBM
I don't know how i fell into this, i saw this stuff being handed around in parties, i thought it was some harmless thing like Xanax or PCP, but it was worse, far worse, this man Andrew gave me a taste, but despite looking like an ordinary torus shaped pastry, it took over my life, i got hooked... started selling feet pics to be able to afford a dose...
>>
File: 1681513248626.jpg (82 KB, 1300x956)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Does anyone know how to achieve this effect but with my character's skin instead of a balloon? Basically I want the skin to deform when interacting with another object.
>>
is it true they're gonna put in something akin to zremesher/dynamesh? not that I mind reupping quad remesh with a fake email every 30 days but would be nice.
>>
File: Donny.webm (3.23 MB, 1920x1080)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB WEBM
>>974645
Fixxxx.

Truly the genre defining masterwork of donutvania games.
>>
>>974687
Where did you hear that? That would be wonderful.
The abysmal quadriflow remesher is still in, I think, but it can't even handle symmetry
>>
>>974680
soft body simulation/cloth simulation with internal springs
use a lower res mesh for the simulation and mesh deform / surface deform on modifier on the mesh that should have the effect.
shrinkwrap (project) and corrective smooth (bind) also works
Neither are a perfect solution, in theory someone could figure something out with geometry nodes
>>
>>974730
>use a lower res mesh for the simulation and mesh deform / surface deform on modifier on the mesh that should have the effect.
>shrinkwrap (project) and corrective smooth (bind) also works
thanks for the answer. Could you elaborate on those two methods? Which modifiers do I have to put on my character and which on the object that interacts with it? I'm a noob when it comes to character animation with rigs
>>
Got a specific simple task Ive gotta do, but no idea how to do it in "the best" way. There is 2 identical objects, but they have different location and rotation, already applied. I need for the second boject to match these of the first object, what do? IVe tried shrinkwrap, but it tends to fuck up internal geo. And it has internal geo. No, its not high poly modeled vagina.
>>
>>974783
If they are identical, what property of the duplicate object would you lose by just creating a copy of the object which is in the correct orientation already?
If there are some modifiers or animation keys you don't want to lose, you could copy the in-position object, then ctrl+j that copy to the duplicate object, then delete all the vertices except the ones you just joined.
>>
What's the fucking point when AI can do all of this shit. It's over.
>>
>>974787
One object is a "combination" of a few different objects, the other has 1 material, with new UVs
>>
>>974791
I'm sure a blender expert knows some more correct way, but here are my thoughts.

You can get it in the correct position by picking a recognizable vertex, selecting all the verts with that vertex active (by deselecting+reselecting it or w/e) and than enabling snap to vertex with Snap With set to Active.
Then you can snap the 3d cursor to that vertex, set the 3d cursor as the pivot, and rotate it to the correct orientation (almost) with regular and trackball rotation.
Once it's close enough, maybe your shrinkwrap will work okay.

You could also figure it out mathematically/write a script, but that seems unnecessarily complex.
As an example, once you have the translation correct using your first reference vert, you can pick another vertex and figure out how to rotate so that it would be in the correct position. Then you have two fixed points which define a line of rotation. You can pick a third reference point and rotate around that line to get the final exact orientation.
>>
>>974793
Yeah, thats pretty much what Ive been doing, hope there is some better way. Thanks anyway, gues I just gotta grind
>>
>>974794
might be able to do something fancy with the data transfer modifier if you just need the uvs
>>
>>974796
Isnt it usually need objects to be in same-ish position?
>>
>>974797
I tried this with a couple of suzannes and it worked despite different orientations and locations
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/2.80/editors/uv/layout_management.html#transferring-uv-maps
>>
>>974788
Might as well off yourself if you're so scared of AI and can't think of a good reason why people who like making things are making things.
Frozen pizzas made by machines in a factory didn't make pizza places that make it from scratch obsolete.

You're just looking for an excuse to quit because you never actually did shit in the first place. You were always mediocre, but you'll blame AI as an easy scapegoat as to why you could never "make it".
>>
>>974515
>Blender used to have better performance before the 2.8 and the new viewport.
Objectively untrue.
Blender's performance went to shit for a short while when 2.8 happened but since then they rebounded and it's WAY faster now.
>>
File: 1708556461740119.gif (1.57 MB, 410x293)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>
>>975050
that's awesome
>>
>>975050
security cam footage from the Blender Headquarters
>>
File: 1685075631024795.png (190 KB, 624x319)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
I fucking hate using curves so much. Cant think of any other ways to achieve this shape though
>>
>>975050
needs the audio
>>
How do I transfer the weights for only specific parts of my mesh? The hands for my two rigs don't line up but everything else does.
>>
>>975110
use the vertex group field at the top of the data transfer modifier as a mask, and apply the modifier?
>>
How useful is boxcutter? should I pick it up while it's on sale?
>>
>>975119
Isn't that one of the ones you can pick up on github for free? There's quite a few paid addons that just have their source code available if you can manage to find it.
>>
I like scrolling through the screenshot/art section on blenders steam hub and seeing obviously ai generated images being passed off as stuff made in blender. what's more funny is their comment sections full of people falling for it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.