[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How did it get so popular?
>>
Covid. Right place at the right time.
>>
>>269230602
How many bait threads do we need for an anime which finished airing a month ago.
>>
here you go OP
>>269118296
surely you're not the same person making this thread every 2 days so that thread will have everything you're looking for! <3
>>
>>269230602
mass appeal
>>
>>269230602
>Good animated fights
>Interesting characters
>Good fights
Like it's not hard to figure out
>>
>>269230853
>Good characters
They're entirely shallow and one dimensional and the fights are barely readable.
>>
>>269230602
Aimed at the lowest common denominator.
>Wouldn't it be sad if your whole family got murdered and your sister who survived turned into a vampirezombie
And all the 14 year olds are like damn that's deep
>>
File: freeren the SLAY.jpg (175 KB, 450x600)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>269230602
already dethroned by STACYren
>>
Comic paneling is so trash compared to kimetsu no yaiba's paneling
>>
bright colors and flashy animation, kids love that kind of shit and kids=money
>>
i want to impregnate shinobu.
>>
>>269230956
Cope
>>
>>269230853
Shut up harlot
>>
It's actually good. Don't be contrarian.
>>
>disagree with /a/ about almost everything
>give demon slayer a chance
>it's okay
>season 4 sucks
>season 5 sucks
>say seasons 4 and 5 suck
>"lol WOW nice contrarian take! do you get all of your opinions from /a/?"
demon slayer fans are almost as bad as SnK fans
>>
>>269234157
Cope
>>
>>269233816
>It's actually good...
Is what the KnYfag told himself on opposite day because he's ashamed he's watching a genuinely badly written series whose only saving grace is the eye candy animation to give him that dopamine rush.

I keep seeing underage fags mistake "fun" with "good", a series can be fun and STILL be trash. I like The Room, it's still a piece of shit movie. I'll make a power move on you fags, ANYONE who even thinks there are "good" battle shounen outside of HxH (the undisputed king of battle shounen), that aren't JoJo (Part 2 to 6), YYH (until Chapter Black) or FMA (the last good battle shounen), is an underage who was just exposed to anime via Naruto and/or SnK.

You can "like" other battle shounen but you *must* admit that they're nothing more but a guilty pleasure and not technically good (i.e. "I like Dragon Ball because I'm a meathead who likes watching two guys beating the crap out of each other" - I respect that honesty. Or "I like Berserk because Guts gets BLACKED and he gets to watch his girlfriend get fucked in front of him by his femboy ex-boyfriend" - okay, you get a pass, at least you're honest why you like it. Or "I like MHA because I am a brainless coomer and the girls are hot" - fair enough).

Good shounen? Bad shounen? Like day and night.
>>
>>269234903
>HxH (the undisputed king of battle shounen)
you had me until you said this. didn't read the rest. too embarrassing. there is no such thing as good battle shonen.
>>
>>269234157
>knytards hated him for speaking da truth
>>
>>269230602
Quality, in all senses.
>>
>>269234903
Lol cope.
>>
Schizo thread?
>>
Tell me about this lad. Why is he called GODjima?
>>
>>269234991
Battle shounen is an inherently trash genre and one of the worst things to happen in the world of anime/manga besides isekai, yes. It's an oversaturated genre infested with archetypes, cliches, tropes and predictable results.

But in an ocean full of shitshounen, HxH is the shining example of a battle shounen that's genuinely good and well-written. HxH is one of the very few fictional world that's actually interesting because the world isn't built around the MC. The story can go off and follow just about any character and it's compelling to watch because the world itself is interesting and worth finding out more about.

It also makes the power levels feel far more substantial knowing there are plenty of characters that the MCs absolutely could not stand a chance against, if you see Gon interacting with Hisoka, you know he isn't going to just power-up to his level and blow him away with a big ball of light if things get too dicey for him. Villains actually feel like serious threats who aren't very predictable because you don't have the same expectation that whoever the story is telling you to root for will win in the end the way shows whose world is centered around the MC does.

HxH the only good battle shounen out there. The only one that's still on print. YYH? It ended decades ago. JoJo? It stopped being a shounen after SO ended. FMA? Ended too, and it was the last genuinely good battle shounen. There's a handful of self-contained battle shounen that actually tells a good story and you sometimes get rare gems like HxH or FMA, but it's a rarity, a one in a million. Every other battle shounen are disappointing/flawed (Dragon Ball, Gash Bell), the Big 3, or a trash Naruto clone (BnHA, KnY, JJK, etc.).
>>
File: Spoiler Image (24 KB, 220x242)
24 KB
24 KB GIF
>>269236240
>HxH is the shining example of a battle shounen that's genuinely good and well-written
yikes
>>
>>269230853
Also it doesn't drag it's ass and have 200+ episodes and entire non canon filler arcs
>>
>>269230853
>Interesting characters
>posts mitsuri
lol, lmfao

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.