[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it necessary to include a significant amount of isolated muscle work in a lifting routine, or can compound movements cover all bases?
>>
>>74609721
curls are just about mandatory for looks, might as well do some triceps too. otherwise (pecs legs delts) optional.
>>
>>74609721
It's practically nessisary for aesthetics. While you can do stuff like rotating pulling compounds or bench variations every 6 weeks or so. To have a diffent focus. I've just found actually doing the accessories is what I've seen visible results with and not just the weights going up. I literally superset all my accessories together though because I hate the time sink.
Like on a days: fly>hammer curl>lat raise>tri extensio>calf raise
On b days: rear delt fly>strict curl>dips>hamstring curl>abs

My heart is pounding at the end of it but it sure beats burning 30 minutes doing all these shits.
>>
>>74609721
Depends on how your define significant I reckon.
Curls, lateral raises and ab isolation are pretty essential if you want to look good. Maybe triceps too.
>>
>>74609721
>or can compound movements cover all bases?
only if you have very good or great genetics and you probably don't
compounds aren't even that great, actually if I could turn back in time several years, I would've never put too much emphasis on them
>>
>>74609721
bagina
>>
Compouds do nothig, isolations arÄ™ all wrong. Not na single workimg movement im this thread and there won't be any unless i decide to post again.
>>
>>74609721
>>74603339
Why don't you decide for yourself. Many such cases
>>
>>74609721
Landscaper here. Compounds were good enough for working big time construction. But when I started chopping trees I NEEDED big biceps. I have a big chest and big legs and Indian skinnyfat flabby back from ignoring isolated exercises and only doing SS compounds.
Isolate your biceps, delts and lats!
>>
>>74611396
>>74611466

I look like this.
I looked better before I started lifting.
I hit the Johnny Candito WALL
>>
>>74609721
>Is it necessary to include a significant amount of isolated muscle work in a lifting routine, or can compound movements cover all bases?
what do ya think?
> compounds are retarded, there is global conspiracy to shill bad fucking shit in fitness industry, it's even worse than with dietary dumpster fire and it means everything u know for certain about fitness is significantly wrong, that includes ALL the isolations
yes
>>74611449
>>
>>74611492
why wouldn't 5 minute bicep workout work? or triceps? or abs? if u do those 3 it will take with warm up and some other stuff in-between about half an hour - totally reasonable for hypertrophy in naturals
>>
>Come into thread expecting more creep shots
>People are actually paying attention to the topic
But why?
>>
>>74612188
They are coomers and have gooned all friday and saturday nights so now they are paying attention to real stuff maybe??
>>
>>74609721
Source, I want to see her wrapping her legs around a big strong buck and taking his bbc
>>
>>74609721
It basically depends on how genetically gifted you are. The more gifted you are the less you need to do any additional shit
>>
>>74609721
>Is it necessary
Yes,
Biceps, Triceps, and Hamstrings are very important moving muscles that wont get enough stimulus from compounds.
>>
>>74612514
based swordbro
>>
>>74612514
Well obviously you need to do some chest isolations
>>
>>74612667
>Well obviously you need to do some chest isolations
That's where you are wrong bucko. I'm not a fag.
>>
>>74612514
Wishing I was that lean
>>
File: 1704153348767183.jpg (488 KB, 1027x764)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
>>74612793
why aren't you?
>>
>>74609721
We're told this but it's not really true. I have about 25 isolations in a 4-day split. I try to hit every muscle. You don't need much volume per muscle group, assuming a 10-rep max, around 2-3 works sets (mostly overlap from complementary exercises), if 12-15 you only need about 1-2. The total number of work sets I do per workout is around 15-17 and takes 60-75mins.

I also have a separate routine for joint preparation which takes 20 mins a day.
>>
>>74613021
>no body posted
>>
>>74613025
I've only been working out consistently for 6 months, but so far I've put on around 7-10 lbs of muscle.
>>
>>74613036
>We're told this but it's not really true.
>I've only been working out consistently for 6 months
>>
>>74613025
Torso begging FAGGOT
>>
>>74613042
>baiting this hard
faggot muscle queen
>>
>>74612369
> white woman with body of a Chinese toddler
I wouldn't goon to that either
>>
>>74611396
That guy is not benching 2 plate here or in any other universe.
This is why SS is such a shit tier program.
A big Squat or deadlift don't mean shit in isolation.
>>
what do you guys think about this? you think its BS or nah?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nVn1zy8ovDs
>>
>>74609721
A lot of isolations are good for muscle balance and injury prevention
>>
>>74614040
Of course it's bs gymnasts have like 10+ years of training in their prime nearly 30 hours a week of course they're gonna have big arms they use them more than a normal person uses their legs. You can't adapt their training to body building without a similar time investment which is just not worth it for anyone who's not being paid for it
>>
>>74609721
>Is it necessary to include a significant amount of isolated muscle work in a lifting routine
Yes unless you only lift for sports performance exclusively.
>>
>>74614017
>>
>>74614317
>unless you only lift for sports performance exclusively.
uhhhhh BASED?!
>>
>>74609721
You should do some extra work for your rear delts, that's pre-hab really.
Same, but not as important, for the biceps.
But everything else, it's a maybe (triceps, traps), if you really really want to (forearms and calves), to are you getting paid for this? (everything else)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.