[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1658529299692781.jpg (101 KB, 1235x650)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
fry day edition

>Interviewing
Neetcode 150: https://neetcode.io/practice
Tips and interview practice: https://blog.interviewing.io/

>How to write a resume
https://stackoverflow.blog/2020/11/25/how-to-write-an-effective-developer-resume-advice-from-a-hiring-manager/

>Salary Stuff
"What's your expected salary?": https://www.fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-expectations-interview-question/
Negotiation advice: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-not-to-bomb-your-offer-negotiation-c46bb9bc7dea/
Salary data: https://levels.fyi/

Don't disclose your current salary to recruiters.

>Layoffs
https://layoffs.fyi/

>Helpful YouTube Channels
https://www.youtube.com/@ContinuousDelivery
https://www.youtube.com/@EngineeringwithUtsav
https://www.youtube.com/@ByteByteGo (systems design at a high level)
https://www.youtube.com/@ycombinator (if you're doing a startup)
https://www.youtube.com/@hnasr (for studying backed architecture)

Previous thread: >>101789225
>>
File: 1622161333219.jpg (82 KB, 1024x1024)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
NOOOOOO
>>
File: 1630821520665.png (2.55 MB, 1080x1263)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
Average database engineer
>>
>>101808635
So what do you guys usually do on a friday night?
>>
Is my life will be just doing endless chores at my parent's house instead of going out making money?
>>
File: 1712366184267935.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
first for sirs
>>
>older ITiggers at my part time help desk job complaining because they haven't received their raise yet even tho they make $70k-$120k per year and spend 80% of their day either walking or playing video games/watching movies
how can i get to the point where im making this much money but fast track it because im not an unmotivated, lazy nigger?
>>
>>101809683
tell your manager you're interested in more roles/responsibilities and that you're interested in fast tracking things with more effort. their response and actions will tell if they're actually willing to do that. $70k-$120k is nothing crazy assuming you're in a coastal american state. i did this early on and they gave me 7% raises instead of 3% raises for the next few years. they have more leeway on lower salaries.
>>
File: ciws.jpg (69 KB, 640x690)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
how would i get in to working on killing machines? current job (and first real one out of college) is writing software for drones. we're using them for industrial inspections. taking thermal data and processing it for anomaly detection.
i'm not married to drones or anything. i think it would be cool to do missile guidance or tanks or something. autonomous weapons platforms. how do i get into that?
>>
>>101809838
If you need to ask about it here, you probably won't get in
>>
>>101808635
who /deathmarch/ here
>>
>>101809838
Just like make killbot. Anyone vetting you to make killbots on a governmental level is 99% paid to make sure you're bad at it.
>>
>>101809908
WTF is /deathmarch/? It's already /deathaugust/
>>
>>101809828
Thanks, I'll try to do this. My point is that I hate it how people can coast through life and live a pretty comfortable life whereas I've been trying hard to break into software engineering and I've gotten close during 2 interviews in my local area but when I try to apply for places in larger cities and for larger companies, I'm lucky to even get a rejection email. I will probably have to toil for the next 5-10 years to be even remotely comfy
>>
File: 1631836173967.jpg (151 KB, 850x1263)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
>>101810202
Bad market in 2 years it'll be normal again. This isn't a free fall crash like 2008 but more like a slow decline with people hitting there credit card limits, loans, student loans and other issues slowing down there ability to spend.

Hard work for your self improvement through learning and general education makes a huge difference in the long term. Blaming everything on external factors is not a winning strategy when you can be focusing on your own successes.

And if we are talking about IT then you need to hop on that certification band wagon and actually learn the material. Its alot easier to job hop with it and with the material known before the interview starts.
>>
Not gonna lie, I truly don't like FAGMAN engineers. Last one I worked with absolutely sucked at their job and I basically carried his sorry ass to the finish line. Why do they keep saying they have a challenging job when the work they do that took them a month I had to wrap up in a few days?

The shit that stresses them out is just another Tuesday afternoon. Is this the product of adult daycare facilities?
>>
>>101810449
that's a really cool story
>>
>>101810449
All normalfags see in the news are "FAGMAN are teh smart!!1!". What they don't get is that only a small portion get exposure, and that the other giant group of engineers are barely able to breathe. It's just become the standard because they do employ a lot of very very smart people. Just, not the ones they're about to recruit.
>>
Wednesday:
>Hi anon, I have you scheduled to come in to meet all of the members of the team next Wednesday at 1PM. I will send you a more formal invite in the coming days
I responded thanking her and confirming my availability but still haven’t gotten said formal invite.
Should I be worried or just assume she’s slow since every other thing this HR woman has done has taken several days?
I need to get back to work so bad
>>
>>101810535
Chill.
>>
File: 1630444879924.jpg (271 KB, 1500x1500)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>101810449
Simple 20% does 80% of the work as it has always been. But the reality is 5% does 90% that is how the numbers really play out in any work force. Everyone else is there to do the minimum if that.
>>
>>101810449
post tc
>>
>>101810449
How do I get in so I can be a barely thinking engineer with a half a mil salary?
>>
>mom told me I'm too picky in applying for jobs
>I applied to like 20 jobs each week
>the job she recommends is extrovert managerial tiers, shit like "must have organization experience, 3.25 gpa"
>>
>>101810816
>20 job apps a week
Are anon's even trying to get a job at this point try 30 a day if you actually want to get hired.
>>
File: biggus.jpg (86 KB, 1200x675)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>be in on-camera meeting
>person of melanin starts giving an update
>not even five seconds after they start talking, i honest to god hear a fucking chirp in the background
>no one acknowledges it
>i have to physically force myself to keep a straight face for the rest of the meeting
I thought this shit was just a meme
>>
>>101809908
Brother
>>
File: 8234578927890208.gif (3.91 MB, 640x360)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB GIF
>not going to hear back from some jobs I applied to
>decide to look through possible coworkers if I did get the job
>all white and Asian team
>I'm a spic so I might be able to squeeze through
>similar backgrounds
>they all came from the same consulting group
>I also come from a consulting group
>they should know how to gauge my skills with that information alone
>they should know I'm a high caliber applicant
>they've had 3 weeks to realize that if they read my resume
>HR roastie probably blocked me out
I hate everything right now. I have the credentials and work to prove it but I can't seem to get off the damn death floor.
>>
>>101809493
sex. lots of sex with ur mom.
>>
File: 1720382173449189.gif (3.08 MB, 267x311)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB GIF
>>101811106
OH MRS. ANON! OH MRS. ANON!
>>
>>101810878
a bird?
>>
File: 1704491940692036.png (256 KB, 567x583)
256 KB
256 KB PNG
https://www.businessinsider.com/everyone-hates-workday-human-resources-customer-service-software-fortune-500-2024-5
>>
File: ceiling bird.jpg (67 KB, 658x960)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>101811132
The ceiling kind, yes.
>>
The most useless fucks get paid the most. Hell, I even have a friend now that works for his dad painting houses and makes $35/hour and I make 16 FUCKING DOLLARS PER HOUR AND IM ABOUT TO GRADUATE WITH MY CS DEGREE FUCK THIS GAY EARTH
>>
I've got a stomach ache so I'm thinking about playing PS1 games on a Rog Strix Scar 18 I've paid thousands of dollars for. Yeah man, 40 Winks is a super comfy platformer. I love games like this. I'll play it for a bit and then go back to fucking around with a Go project I've been working on for the past week. Actually, I might even play South Park (PS1). I loved that game as a kid, it's a shit game because the first 1/3 is you throwing snowballs at Turkey's. I've got it for the N64, it's packed somewhere in a box. Man, old video games have appreciated so much in value and I've got heaps of them. We're probably going to be entering an age where Nintendo 64 cartridges are going to become a currency, it'll be worth more than our dollars. If I were me and I am indeed me, I'd stock up on Mario 64 cartridges and Monero.
>>
>>101791734
>I take notes on absolutely everything, especially when some retard says some stupid shit. And then I'l ask for clarification on that to embarress them.
can you elaborate on how u do this
>>
>>101811163
whats so funny about low fire detector alarm
>>
>>101811329
Me again, I was born in '96 and I feel bad for this generation. They're video games are terrible man, just awful. Our games were mechanically clunky in comparison to theirs but man, games were great when they weren't lifestyles. I ditched entire friend groups back in high school because they did nothing but play League of Legends. That game is terrible. Why? Because it's a lifestyle. I like the kind of games where you can play it for 30 minutes, have a good time and put it down. It isn't following you around for the rest of the day, tempting you to come back and spend 6 hours flat on it. I played Runescape back in primary school and had the latter feeling, I didn't like playing it but the only mates I had back then played it so I did too. When League of Legends came around, I didn't give a fuck if that was the last thread keeping me from being ostracized, I'm not touching it.
>>
>>101811254
my lazy, dumb friend (2 years out of uni) works at a dream mid size tech company remote and is a low performer. managment is hippies and they give every other friday off if u finish ur work early. modern tech stack and engineering practices, interesting problems to work on.

he let me see his jira tickets once when I was at this house and most of his pr's are a few lines touching a few files. braindead stuff. he even told me his manager hinted that he is slow in a 1:1. I can tell his manager is nice so he doesnt fire him. I could produce 10x this guys output but I cant find a job despite my good exp and projects. fuck this gay earth indeed.
>>
>>101810878
Definitely not a meme. I really don't get why it's a thing. Don't want to spend a couple bucks on 9Vs?
>>
>>101811329
>>101811405
I appreciate your schizo posting anon. I think you and I would get along quite well if we were irl friends. I came to the same conclusion you did about LoL with CSGO/CS2 (I was born in 2001 so those were my gens games)
>>
For reasons, I was able to become personally acquainted with all of the C-level executives at the company I worked at for 5 years before being laid off. They had all already moved on to new things by the time the company went public, made a bunch of bad decisions, and laid my team off.

They are not in IT, but I have been told they think highly of me and that I should contact them about my job hunt to see if I can get my foot in the door somewhere.
Is this actually how things work? I feel kind of weird about it but if that's how the game is played then I would feel less weird about it.
>>
>>101811663
Nah man, not weird at all. Send them a message, ask them how they're doing, when they ask how you're doing tell 'em you've been shooting out resumes and they'll either say "good luck" or "oh hey, yeah I know a guy who could use you". If you have C-levels in your pocket, use 'em. Otherwise, you're on Reddit complaining about how you've been unemployed for the past 420 months and 69 days. Even if they don't have anything now, if you ask 'em how they've been doing you'll be the first guy they think of when something does come up soon.
>>
>>101811663
The entire world moves based on "who you know". Contact them.
>>
>>101811157
I've never heard about Workday but that shit sounds like a nightmare
btw, how does the author manage to write "fuck" and "shit" in BI? I've never read something like that
>>
>>101811508
>I came to the same conclusion you did about LoL with CSGO/CS2 (I was born in 2001 so those were my gens games)
Hell yeah dude, respect. I believe if you've figured that out, you're probably more cognizant of where your time is going. If you're more cognizant of where your time is going, chances are you're running circles around the average LoL player in terms of life achievements (e.g technical skill, health, financial status, relationships, etc.).

imo the only friends you can make are people who play video games all day, just do your own thing. I've had people call me a legend because I've achieved a heap of shit entirely by my own. It's a powerful feeling to know that you're able to "be your own catalyst" in your life and make drastic changes from what originated in your own imagination. If you're the kind of person who can learn things on your own and implement them successfully, you're a weapon in comparison to the person dragging their feet playing LoL all day.
>>
>>101811903
inb4 somebody makes the obvious comment "if ur so cool why r u on 4chan telling ppl about how cool u r"

well mr, i am back on my go project after taking a massive shit. i got stuck in the toilet much longer than usual because i ate 3 day old domino's yesterday, it made my shit extra sticky and i had to spend more time wiping my ass. talk 2 u all later.
>>
>>101810840
Not really. I just want to chill lmao. Getting through uni for the last 4 years has been awful.
>>
>>101811329
Rog strix scar
Lame, should've get zephyrus g14. Shit is so light to carry around. Feels like a work laptop too so you don't get any stink eye for being a gaymurr
>>
Someone says the feeling we get from looking for our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd job is up there with divorce and bankruptcy
>>
File: 1699666533281177.png (90 KB, 1047x273)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
What would you do in this situation?
>>
>>101812646
It's a weird request but I can believe in this dystopia that the company wouldn't just give him more time off. I guess I'd give a few days since having a kid with cancer sounds pretty shit
>>
>>101812646
Add a spam filter for DONOR FORM. Converting PTO to donations is a retard accountants making. I'd rather donate my own dollars from the PTO and have my own write offs.
>>
>>101812701
They gave him the time off, they just didn't pay him for it.
The company was super stingy with PTO, 10 days per year. At 5 years you get 15 days.
He also got 3 days of bereavement leave (the highest amount) when she died.
>>
>>101812748
>He also got 3 days of bereavement leave (the highest amount) when she died.
Like I said, dystopia.
>>
Just did 2 hours of logic exam and another 2 hours of personality test for my job interview. Cool.
>>
>>101809838
you could try applying to boeing, raytheon, lockheed martin
>>
>>101810668
the days of half mil salary are over bud, unless you become a staff engineer in which you will probably need 15-20 YOE and pass the leetcode interviews and the system design interviews
>>
>>101813015
Was that the interview or was that just to have a chance to be interviewed?
>>
>>101812748
Allah almighty. Truly, satan walks among us.
>>
what the fuck are you supposed to say in a system design interview when they ask you to design a fart app
>>
Is it normal to deploy to PROD on Saturdays or my company is fucked up?
>>
>>101813768
your company is retarded. you shouldn't even deploy on friday
>>
>>101808635
>work in healthcare
>see threads like this and wish I worked in tech but I make $50k in a flyover and don't want to relocate
>>
>>101813768
Depends on the size of the company, I suppose. Mine makes changes every night.
>>
>go to work at 5 AM
>got home at 8 PM
>family bickers all the time at home either fighting each other or making me do chores.
>even on weekends where i mostly use it to just take naps after lunch.
>when i talk with my coworkers at work they always say that they're getting new rank in valorant or whatever, going out with their gf to watch a movie, or having a fancy dinner with their mom and dad.

i hate, i hate, i hate third world so much.
>>
>>101813737
Ask them if they want it wet or dry
>>
>>101813768
The important thing is just that you don't deploy some shit in a way that can't be immediately reversed. If you're working on the weekend and have full power to roll things back yourself, go ahead. This is common for startups, small teams of heavy-hitters, etc. The default behavior of not deploying shit on Friday is because most people who do it will wing that shit and then immediately bail for the entire weekend. Or maybe they do keep an eye on it but rolling back depends on people who are already AFK. You sometimes encounter the remix: people winging some shit mid-week but right before going on vacation.
>>
>>101813773
>>101813858
>>101814012
okay. guess I have to change the company then. fuck this shit man, I'm not devoting my life to work
>>
>>101814023
We have change coordinators and offshore L1 guys that are responsible for implementing and validating overnight deployments. They have backout plans to revert to the last known good configuration if something goes wrong. I take it you're always getting paged for things breaking in the middle of the night?
>>
Sup tech NEETs. Still did not send out any resumé.
>>
Remember OpenSea?
>>
I've been laid off, how do I safely copy the repo to my pc? these fags are monitoring everything
>>
>>101815722
Use a co-worker's repo credentials if not your own.
>>
File: wojak_sunrise.png (557 KB, 934x768)
557 KB
557 KB PNG
quit my job this week. felt as good as it always does. just can't wait to enter neet mode next month.
>>
>>101815722
kek. I knew a guy who did this and got caught. Company couldn't be bothered to sue the guy but pretty much privately smeared his name everywhere
>>
>>101816208
sigh, I'll just take pictures with my phone
>>
>>101816417
what do you even need it for? the best part about leaving a company is not having to deal with their shitty code anymore.
>>
>>101816657
This. Most code is trash and only incidentally has value because of a specific problem it's solving. Even if it's something you spent a lot of time on yourself, you probably know very well all the ways you fucked up and you could recreate it better
>>
File: 1723296725802803.jpg (159 KB, 1024x1024)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>101815943
KNOCK KNOCK ALL NEETS GETTING DRAFTED NO MORE WAIFU PILLOWS ANYMORE
>>
File: 1723297093882707.jpg (248 KB, 1024x1024)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>101815943
I SAID OPEN UP WE GOT A WAR TO FIGHT AND YOU TENDIE EATING TALENTS WILL BE PUT TO GOOD USE WITH A RIFLE IN YOUR HANDS
>>
>>101808635
i drank 2 blue moons last night and passed out in the bathroom
am i dying?
tech worker btw
>>
>>101816657
nta, I like taking code from the companies I've worked from because some of it is a good read (i.e. written by competent developers).

>>101816711
>Most code is trash and only incidentally has value because of a specific problem it's solving.
Painful lessons I've learnt as a developer, a lot of code is complete shit. Developers are often encouraged to write sloppy code to get new features into production. Unfortunately, management is often has no fucking idea what technical debt is. If features start taking too long to develop or something blows up, that's *your* fault and not the idiot who asked you to make these concessions.
>>
>>101817460
there's more of it on github that you will be able to read in 100 lifetimes. it's usually even better, because freetards don't need to rape their code bases just to finish before the deadline.
>>
>>101809627
i approve this post will be working for mr durga sir soon
>>
>>101816963
No. You're just truly experiencing living for the first time.
>>
>>101817460
NTA Apparently even on the other side of the table with mechanical there's tech debt. A whole job/department is created to purely apologize for their stars' work practices. No advice or best practices can be suggested by those in the effective janny position since they're not the stars of the show. It fucking blows and explains why shit is costing so much when they're not willing to spend one week on proper setup that would save them a lot of time, trouble, and headaches down the road on development.
>>
>>101809908
Was in a deathmarch, but then I died (had mental problems) and now we’re in a pleasedontsue stroll
Finally dealing with years worth of tech debt
It’s nice aside from hating refactoring
>>
>>101810449
If it was an AGMA then he’s just shit; that meme died as soon as it became common knowledge.
If it was a FN then most likely whatever he did has 95% test coverage and can be extended/modified/understood by an intern, and what you did has 0% test coverage and will break if you breathe on it wrong.
>>
>>101810878
The secret is that if you ignore it for long enough, it eventually stops chirping forever. I let it go for a year and now it will never make noise again.
>>
>>101811376
Racist stereotype that POC don’t change the battery and just let it chirp.
>>
>>101812575
I put all my hopes in my second job (corporate -> startup) being the real deal kool aid power of friendship and Silicon Valley fantasy, and when it wasn’t I quit without notice and had a method, plan, and timeline for suicide. I’m crazy but I think everyone in their first few jobs has a little breakdown when they realize there’s no such thing as a good job.
>>
>>101808635
>went to college yesterday
>gave talk and demo'd chatbot
>i made the chatbot
>i dropped out of high school
>college is pretty ritzy, high end shit.
>I got fucking invited to teach those cunts

shit feels p fucking good ngl

the best part was i have PhD freinds who are doing delivery jobs while my high school drop out ass is doing damm near cutting edge research
>>
>>101812646
Delete it. If I had a spine I’d forward it to the CEO and ask him to be a human being and give the guy however much leave he needs.
>>
>>101813768
Internal facing infra? Normal but basically means your team/dept is bad and not respected.
External facing? Very bad and abnormal.
>>
>>101815722
You will get caught, unless you bring up a VM and log in remotely, then screen record the full window from the non-VM and scroll through everything in the VM, then use OCR and all your free time for a month to piece it back together.
Still might get caught.
>>
>>101817958
Meanwhile I’m hiring for my company and get a hit of dopamine every time I delete an application without a relevant degree
>>
>>101818074
>hiring for a senior back-end engineer
>computer science?
>into the trash it goes
>women's studies?
>checks all the boxes
>just like this bitch checks my privilege
>>
>tasked "writing tests" for some tool
>99% of the tool is side effects, the little logic there is is trivial
what do?
>>
>>101818436
>what do?
write tests
>>
>>101818467
how?
>>
>>101818436
what kind of side effects?
>>
I hate my coworker so much it's unreal
>constantly checks my desktop from behind
>lectures me 10 minutes about my mental capabilities every minor mistake I make
>goes around saying he is superior to everyone because he makes little to no mistakes
I love the job, but this is worth quitting over to be honest
>>
>>101818527
calling many other tools on the OS
writing files with env specific information in them
>>
>>101818540
Does the retard target just you or everyone?
>>
I’m a junior developer working at a cybersecurity company where we handle some big clients that use Next.js. One of the recurring issues we face is botting. Many bots scrape or interact with websites based on CSS selectors, targeting specific class names or IDs.

This got me thinking—what if we could randomize class names and IDs on the server side during rendering? The idea is that, with every page load, these identifiers would be different, making it much harder for bots to target specific elements.
>>
>>101808635
Do you guys manage to make time for your non-tech hobbies? Currently mid-level dev and it feels like there's constantly something I need to learn or course I need to take. I really just want some time to write my short stories or read something not related to computer or a new tech meme.
>>
>>101818540
Next time he starts lecturing you, hit him with the most immediate "Shut the fuck up" you can muster.
>>
>>101818550
>calling many other tools on the OS
can you mock these tools?
>writing files with env specific information in them
can you compare them against golden files?
>>
It's funny how initially the company introduced time logging under the pretense of making more accurate agile estimations, and now I get spammed by my manager because I'm not logging enough time. On the other hand it's pretty easy to cheat the system, but still, I think I'm going to get fired ~6 months from now so yeah
>>
>>101818600
moking sounds like a major pain that will require me to mangle the code into a mess just so i can test it. like imagine i have 20 different calls to openssl.
>>
>>101818706
If you don't want to mock then just spin up a fresh container and test the side effects as best you can
>>
>>101818573
Poorly.
>>
>>101818573
I gave up on non-tech hobbies because I don't like being shitty at multiple things. Just threw myself entirely into tech and figured I'd retire early. Given what's happening to this field I'm glad I did
>>
>>101812575
>>101817951
imagine being so attached to your job lmao
protip: your job ends every day at 5-6pm or whatever your working hours are

>>101812646
>>101812748
what a bunch of faggots. jewmerica must be a really sad shithole. can't even imagine being poor in such a place... and on top of that being criticized for being poor instead of "temporarily embarrassed millionaires"
>>
>>101818554
he targets only the newest members of the team, in this case me.
other co-workers told me they are glad that the bullying shifted away from them
this is high school all over again
>>
>>101808635
>be me
>have university degree in physics
>cant find physics job for 4 months
>I like coding so decide I will have a look at coding jobs instead
>find some random software engineer apprenticeship position
>decide to apply
>pass first interview round, all goes well
>they want me to code tic tac toe in python as an assignment for the second round
>I do it, code tic tac toe in python
>never looked at online examples, just did everything in the style that I have coded video game mods in daily for the past few years
>works perfectly, hand it in
>second interview comes around
>the interview woman eventually comes around to my handed in python code
>"we had a look at it, it was extremely bad"
>ask her what I should have done better
>"well you use g_ as a prefix for global variables which makes things unclear and you make things extremely complicated"
>ask her why using the variable name to denote it as a global variable makes things unclear, since it actually conveys useful information that you would otherwise have to infer yourself
>also ask her what exactly was overly complicated in my code
>she says "well you should look at some online examples then, if you can't infer what you did wrong from those you are not fit to learn software engineering"
>politely say that I would like to hear it from her since I might come to a different conclusion on certain points than the company
>she still insists I need to look at online examples

>go home
>look at online examples
>they are exactly the same except some things were broken up into functions instead of my 1 big while loop where I added obvious, multi-line comments to make it clear what parts are where
>get denied a couple of days later

Is this normal in software engineering jobs? And what is the reason it went like this? Am I just so low IQ that everything went over my head or do programmers have this much of a stick up their ass to the point where trivial shit like this gets you denied a trainee position?
>>
>>101819219
tattle to your boss or threaten him to his face. who gets bullied as an adult lmao
>>
>>101819226
Retarded interviewers are par for the course. Although if she actually said shit like "this is really bad" then you should contact the company a different way and rat her ass out for making hateful remarks to you. Interviewers nowadays aren't supposed to actually give any feedback because it opens the company to liability.
>>
>>101819226
>is this normal?
The rudeness is not normal. Usually they will be all happy and friendly through the entire process, then ghost you.
>g_
Why are you even using globals? Would trash an application for this reason alone. Screams self-taught. Anyway 1) if you want that prefix use global_, 2) if it’s a constant it should be in all caps, 3) if it’s not a constant it shouldn’t be global outside of some rare exceptions.
>1 big while loop
The reason you don’t do this is because it makes it more difficult to read and modify. Code should be self-documenting; rather than comments, that chunk should be pulled into a function or class with a name that makes the comment unnecessary.
>>
File: 1721527523247973.gif (1.19 MB, 498x272)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB GIF
>LinkedIn ping
>a recruiter has seen your profile
Why? Why on a Saturday? Do it during the work week. I don't need to see this today. Bad Civilization!
>>
File: 1657573446751.png (181 KB, 598x600)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
My side project has a twitter/x account and I keep getting hot women followers!
I think I'm gonna make it!
>>
>>101819669
kek. g-good work anon
>>
>>101819669
anon...
>>
>>101813872
try jumping to another job that offers better pay and better working conditions (remote, healthcare plan, ...) and then rent a place near your workplace. leave your family as soon as you can

>>101814023
>okay. guess I have to change the company then
have you tried talking to your coworkers/boss about this?

>>101815722
>I safely copy the repo to my pc?
just copy your local .git folder to another pc? you could run something like
python -m http.server

in the local pc and download everything from another pc in the local network
>>
learning to code wasted so many years of my life
>>
>>101818641
what does he say? my company also claims that time logging is supposed to "help us" when it's really just surveillance
>>
>>101818540
isn't that harassment? you could sue your company for that in some countries. talk to your boss and/or a lawyer
>>
>>101819226
>she says "well you should look at some online examples then, if you can't infer what you did wrong from those you are not fit to learn software engineering"
Should've told her to fuck off right then and there.
>>
>>101818540
is this a real story? ask him if he thinks he would still be smarter than everyone if you gave him a severe concussion
>>
>>101819996
and there's no way of getting it back. just accept your fate and live in the cost sunk fallacy until you die
>>
>>101819384
Thanks for the reply. She was pretty high in the ranks actually (operational director or something like that), so I don't think she will get fired if I report it. But I'll try anyways, thanks.

>>101819427
Thank you for the tips Anon. This clears up alot for me actually. I used the globals because that's how I learned to do things in the language I code in as a hobby (I won't name it but it's really obscure and functionally speaking not that great).

And yeah I am self-taught. But the point of the job was that they would teach me how to code in a couple of months and then I could work there as a programmer. So even if it could have been better I still don't understand why they had such an issue with that? They should have just required me to have CS degree then if they wanted me to know everything already.
>>
>>101820683
I think the thing where they wanted you to already know everything for a trainee position was because the job market is so skewed in their favor right now. My brother came in as a self-taught during a boom for something similar, and they were basically happy that he could do fizzbuzz. You’re just coming at a bad time.
>>
>>101819226
This has happened to me before. Your code was probably hard to read so she didn't even try to understand it.
>>
>>101820350
The skills I learnt lrn2code have been useful in other areas of my life, is my cope. I played guitar for example but learning to code gave me skills to be autistic about learning an instrument, which I'm grateful for. Still, not worth being a NEET for 3 years
>>
>>101818436
mock
>>
Computers are over
Everything we did led to the creation of advanced adult pacifiers
The internet feels dead and stale
>>
>>101821147
because you're a decrepit boomer who doesn't know about discord which is where the true communities are
>>
>>101820683
Start throwing your code at an LLM and asking what you could do better. Don't take its word as gospel but it's at least seen enough code to tell you what the most common way of doing it would be
>>
>>101822055
>t. indian
>>
>>101822197
You think too highly of Indians. I didn't tell him to watch a YT tutorial
>>
I’m a 3rd year CS student at UManitoba. I have a pretty mid GPA and have been progressing towards working on projects and other skills to compensate for this (and because I like making them).

As the fall semester approaches, I’d like some advice on my current strategy to land an internship for my 3rd year.

A lot of my development has been focused around LLMs/Generative AI and some of the things I plan to do different and have done differently are: - Current projects have been developed with more robust error handling, documentation and reliability - Relied mainly on public APIs for reliabilities sake - ACTUALLY keeping the project up instead of it being just code in GitHub. - working on attaining some kind of volunteering that I am genuinely passionate about

I understand many of you might also suggest to enroll into the coop program. To which I have tried to do so but due to my universities policy change mid year, I was no longer eligible. So the only entry is possible at 2025 April.

Is there any other kind of advice that you can put forward? I would also greatly appreciate a chance to talk to anyone in the industry and show case my projects to them for feedback and how to specifically target. I understand this is some information that I will have to make a judgement call on my own. But my belief points to a self confidence issue and thereby; I believe many of the options in front of me are being ignored due to this.
>>
File: 1683823628276020.jpg (36 KB, 750x742)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>be me
>working as a support analyst at a utility company for 2 months
>was unemployed for 10 months before, laid off from last job
>applied to a big military contractor in february when i was unemployed
>friend of a friend works there and got me an interview
>interview was in april
>job would be doing wiring for shit
>keep waiting on application status to change (they said it would take 2 weeks)
>friend who works there made 35$/hour starting, is a part of the union, benefits n shit, now is some kind of inspector/quality manager
>make 63,000 usd at current role, plus benefits
>really want to leave IT field, hate it
>parents telling me to give up on them, stay at current job, don't want me going into manufacturing
>really want to leave shithole state, military contractor has locations in multiple states
>want to learn a different skill/trade, and feel if i work at unnamed military contractor, i could achieve my goal

give me reasons why i shouldn't leave tech. i hate the stress and every job i have had makes me feel like glorified help desk.
>>
>>101821543
Sure thing tranny
>>
>>101822404
I can never tell if these posts are making fun of the original poster, or if it's actually them cross-posting
>>
>>101822439
>give me reasons why i shouldn't leave tech. i hate the stress and every job i have had makes me feel like glorified help desk.
because you might find a job where you can do nothing all day longs for weeks at a time
>>
>>101822439
I'm not necessarily saying you should do it, but definitely ignore your parents. Anyone who's like 50+ has no comprehension of what the job market is like for young people now.
>>
>>101817888
Not racist it's literally half the black and mexican people i met on xbox live
>>
File: fuck.png (23 KB, 240x240)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>First coding assessment for an internship I've done in my life
>Its just some mid-size company, not expecting much
>4 questions long
>First question is easy as fuck, start feeling confident
>Second question I never saw before but it was easy after reading it for a bit
>3rd question I brute forced and couldn't understand how to fix a few edge cases
>decide to skip and just submit as is
>I can't even understand how to brute force the 4th question
>Just let the countdown reach 0 and end the assessment.
>Research the last two questions afterward
>They are both leetcode hards

What the actual fuck, I thought I was just going to see easy questions and maybe some medium questions to test me.
>>
>>101823199
For what it's worth, you're usually tested against the field. Everyone else applying for the same position probably saw the same assessment. Assuming the company actually wants to hire someone, it's like getting graded on a curve.
>>
>>101822439
You don’t work in tech. You work in customer support.
>>
File: 1723323593878758.webm (1.21 MB, 720x404)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB WEBM
Holy shit bros we are almost there. My very own clumsy OL waifu......
>>
>>101823493
I could have been working on humanoid robots right now. Couldn't get passed the first interview because the company only hires masters and PhDs. They're still trying to get a product out the door and I don't think they're able to deliver.
>>
>>101822488
how often is that? maybe its my shithole state, but I don't see any full remote sit on your ass jobs
>>101822511
they are stubborn and don't listen to me. I shouldn't have gone to uni in the first place, but they wanted me to + paid for it, so idk
>>101823455
duly noted smartass
>>
>>101819226
The fact she was unwilling to explain her viewpoints tells you she doesn’t actually have a reason other than “it looks weird” which isn’t a reason at all, she’s low IQ but probably decent at her job. It is common unfortunately, because most programmers are good at pattern recognition, but not all are good at critical thinking. That separates code monkeys from engineers. In any case, she may have been right (even though she was unable to articulate why), so the solution is indeed for you yourself to seek feedback through online research, posting your code online, etc. to figure out the things you’re unknowingly doing wrong. “It works” is good enough if you’re programming your own shit, but not if you’re working in a company.
>>
>>101808635
anyone here got any anecdotes on using the leetcode wizard AI or the interviewer AI to "pass" leetcode assessments?
>>
>>101824015
Probably crushes lights and mediums but gets hards completely fucking wrong
>>
Do you guys immediately sell your stocks as soon as they vest or keep them?
>>
I'm going to quit my job and just take a year off. Work sucks.
>>
>>101824383
Depends on if I think the stock will go up or not. Generally I hold onto it because I don't stick around at companies I think will lose value. I'm also biased towards holding for at least a little while for long-term capital gains tax and worst case I can offset the losses
>>
>>101824383
Sell, I hate these freaks, they're not getting a loan from me.
>>
>>101824440
Can I haz it?
>>
I still don't know how to become better engineer and find a better job
>>
>>101824440
were you at least getting paid >$120k?
>>
>>101819647
The thing is, recruiters can check your application Anytime.
>>
File: 1720193380054828.png (211 KB, 375x452)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>101819647
It was me
>>
How much are Indians supposed to get paid for working in the US? And when I mean US I mean from the comfort of their loos in India.
>>
File: 1705384695834209.png (20 KB, 184x260)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>101826233
I know but couldn't they have done that earlier in the week? You know, when it's freshly on their plate instead of jacking off for the 30th in the first hour of the day?

>>101826262
NO! Not like this!
>>
>>101817958
>doing damm near cutting edge research
how much tc
>>
File: 1693690793240088.jpg (773 KB, 1848x2024)
773 KB
773 KB JPG
First month in my new company ,my boss just gave these to me, told me I could sell them or whatever the fuck I want, and there's like 50 more sites to decommission so I'd probably get at least 200 more. each were selling for $90-120 on online sites. Is this normal?
>>
>>101815722
write it down by hand
>>
>>101824440
Just quiet quit your job. In the worst case, they lay you off with severance pay and some stock options.
>>
>>101814023
Nice try Richard. The company is gonna dangle your H1B status over your head like a carrot
>>
File: puter.png (1.36 MB, 938x1621)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
If any of you guys worked or are working temporary non-dev jobs what did you get
>>
>>101815722
is your work pc with you at home? If it is you could setup an instance of owncloud on a vm in your home network and copy over all the files as long as your work pc is only connected to your lan.
>>
>>101809838
you could try joining the Air Force and go for cyber warfare operations (1B4X1). tho you need to do really good on the asvab (basic high school level exam)
>>
>>101826686
Lucky
You should buy some cheap switches and network them together for crypto mining or AI training.
>>
>>101808635
how do you see the market for nodejs developers? should I make the jump to go?
>>
>>101828157
It's pretty basic, just an i5 from 4 years ago with 8gb RAM, not even an SSD so it's not the best for servers or whatever, selling them will be a pain but it's free money I guess.
>>
>>101828189
>go
it's supposed to be the retard proof junior language but most the job listings I see are for seniors
>>
File: 467.jpg (29 KB, 1046x1026)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
i remember when i was 18 just after i finished high school and got sad seeing people i went to school with already enrolling in university and achieving stuff. this was 9 years ago and i've still barely done anything. i didn't even get my first job until last year. there was a girl in high school who was an exchange student and incredibly cute and she once called me boring when she asked what i was doing on the weekend and i said nothing. i looked up her name on google and saw a video from a university in europe that was interviewing her for her achievements. the worst part is that i know i won't change. 9 years from now nothing will be different, and i'll look back on today how i look back on me from when i was 18. thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>101811405
Japanese ganedev and console gaming from the 90s is a litmus paper for retards with no taste in video games. If you enjoy your bingbingwahoo slop with le ebin anime titties, it does not make it any good.
>>
File: chad.png (353 KB, 1068x601)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>101828803
>Japanese ganedev and console gaming from the 90s is a litmus paper for retards with no taste in video games.
Yes.
>>
>>101828712
what no adderall does to a mf. I'm upping my dose. Good luck getting your first 10mg
>>
>>101828996
i took methylphenidate for 3 months and didn't feel any different other than my appetite being nuked and losing 10kg. the problem is i don't even have the drive to find a psychiatrist in my city, and i only went to the previous one because my mother pushed me to.
>>
>>101828803
>>101828859
bing bing wahoo is some of the purest form of gaming there is, maybe second to fighting games. Those who can't appreciate the fun of something so simple are the capeshit enjoyers of vidya
>>
>>101829017
you've got a give it a second go even if just out of boredom or curiosity. The wrong dose of stimulants does nothing to me except turn me into an irritable asshole who doesn't eat. The right dose got me two very high paying jobs and hobbies beyond doing jackshit and living in my head.
>>
>>101829200
That's cool, what do you think about 40 Winks for the PS1?
>>
>>101829213
never played it nor any PS1 game, but I plan to after I play through my backlog of Genesis/Saturn games
>>
>>101829200
nicotine also work? Doctors have a waitlist of 3 months, and the bitch nurse practitioner wont prescribe me anything like adderall
>>
>>101824440
>just take a year off

what's gonna happen when it's time for you to look for a job again?
>>
so uh, it's fine if i just blindly apply to 100 jobs a week, no? am i likely to have to go through 10 different kind of interviews each week?
>>
My company is cutting QA engineers down to zero. Now developers are gonna test everything with smoke and unit tests. Thank you Mr. Biden.
>>
File: 1719182242524456.jpg (549 KB, 1080x1932)
549 KB
549 KB JPG
>>101813768
Based CrowdStrike employee.
>>101813872
Save up and don't have kids until very late in your life (40s). Don't let another generation grow into the cycle of slavery.
>>101818050
I highly doubt he would get caught if he just zipped his .git folder and sent it to himself in Telegram or WhatsApp.
>>101819226
>her
She has no idea what she's talking about and is just parroting what she was told.
>>101824440
>Work sucks.
I know
>>101828189
Node.js is the new PHP, market-wise.
>>101831627
LMAO how gullible you are. Job seeking has only slightly better odds than finding a tinder date as an average male.
>>
>>101829032
Yes, and funnily enough capeshit in videogames is for the most part exactly the same brainless retardation as fighting games, buttonsmasher-beatemup. Your bingbingwahoo is literally 90s gacha, made to make retards pay coins to try again.
>>
>>101809683
Making this money while doing nothing all day is kind of a double edged sword.
Yeah it's nice sort of but then you become constantly paranoid that you're going to be found out and fired.
>>
I am currently making about 65k at my current job, been here for just over two years. The team is great and the work is interesting, though the tech stack and domain is extremely niche. It is a lot of windows software development with C++, though there is a bit of C# and Python mixed in. There is virtually no code review or modern software methodologies in place and I felt like I was starting to stagnate with very little similar jobs out there.

I recently got a job offer at another company for about $83k per year working with .NET Core, C#, SQL Server, etc, all Microsoft products with a solid coding process, the work is interesting and there is no worry about layoffs.

As I put in my two weeks, my current company countered with $97k per year. I ended up declining the counter offer, though I am really starting to think I made the wrong choice. It is a huge bump in salary, and I think I would be silly to turn it down. My concern is the future job prospects as I feel like I would be pigeonholing myself into a field which is heavily outdated and old.
>>
The company I applied to pays its associates twice the salary compared to where I interned. Honestly I'm worried this might mean they have higher standards and I might not get in. Am I overthinking it?
>>
File: IMG_9498.jpg (281 KB, 1125x674)
281 KB
281 KB JPG
>>101808635
Fuck, I’m going through resumes and every one is either “hello I am Uluru from Egypt; I have no degree but you can pay me in beans” or “I have five thousand years of experience at FAGMAN and unicorns; my personal site looks better than your company’s; that will be $200,000 plus equity thank you”.
Where the fuck are the husky state school few-years-at-capital-one-or-something mid-level engineers?
>>
>>101831598
Someone will hire me, and then I'll have a job again.
>>
>>101831958
>zipped his .git folder and sent it to himself in Telegram or WhatsApp.
Most jobs where you have remote login to a “work computer” have either full keystroke/mouse activity history or a literal video feed of everything you’ve ever done on the computer.
>>
File: 8902354078ds9832lk.gif (1.01 MB, 220x220)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB GIF
I need recruiters to stop giving me hope
>>
File: r69iy599xks91.jpg (111 KB, 640x640)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
I did it, I got a job. I got ghosted and treated like shit constantly for six months, I found out who was fake and abandoned me, I sent thousands of applications and heard back from three, two of which jerked me around with bullshit extended onsites, stealing my gas and my work and my time. But one was all I needed. I got a job.

every moment of it felt like the matrix was activating agents to keep me in shitty retard garbage hell, but I killed them all and got out.

self-taught doing solopreneur things with jackass tonerhead spreadsheet huffers. no degree.

hope i don't fuck it up with my horrible personality and recalcitrant ways

>>
I earn $150k tc near Boston. 10 yoe.
>test engineer
>pen test and /cyber/ larper
Is this a good salary? And How badly am I knee capping myself by not becoming a real software developer. Could I earn double? I could ask to move internally. My salary wouldn't change right away which is better than taking a pay cut to switch.
I just want to make more money but I feel stuck.
>>
>>101819219
>>101819290
Agreed. Anon you should stop being such a faggot.
>>
I'm trying to dial back down but our team wants to push so many functions and features in the next quarter I'm getting burnt out.
I don't mind doing the work but my brain is so fried I wish someone would tell me what work needs to be done rather than me taking the initiative to force the features and functions to the team. Any advice? I keep delaying updates to my boss because I'm a little afraid he's going to be pushing harder on it when I'm not ready.
>>
File: 1645431581305.jpg (71 KB, 750x750)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Maybe im demoralized by all the dooms but I just don't care about cs/tech anymore now that im out of school...
>>
Hello stinkies.
>>
I MUST GRIND MORE LEETCODE
>>
>>101828712
And are you gonna let it be that way?
>>
>>101834435
Lol this shit is so gay. You know what I'm happy not maxxxing my salary. I get good pay and don't have to deal with very much bullshit. (And I have enough cash to sustain myself for 2 years).
>>
>>101834368
Anon work is 100x better than school
>>
>>101834620
I'm graduating in 2026, I couldn't get a single internship last year and if I don't get one in the next two years I'm pretty much going to soft-lock my career.

And that is if I get a return-offer, if I don't get one I'm fucked.
>>
>>101834644
grind the leetcode and get the job. it's that simple. do the stupid little monkey dance, doomscroll linkedin, get a job.

I'd never done leetcode before and it was actually pretty fun when I got out from under the stress of the job search and into flow appreciating the problems and learning process. Neetcode helped since I hadn't used python before.

I ended up interviewing in haskell anyway lol
>>
>>101810202
It's a numbers game. You'll probably get 500 resumes out before you get a bite
>>
>>101834644
>if I don't get one in the next two years I'm pretty much going to soft-lock my career
anon, do you not understand that the problem is the current economic situation and not you personally? there is plenty of time for the economy to recover. also, many people, myself included, got into tech without a degree, or with a degree that has nothing to do with computers. I myself barely passed 1st year before dropping out of college. it took me half a decade to build enough skills to get hired, but I learned most by myself.
my suggestion is this: if you actually enjoy tech (not necessarily what university teaches you), keep learning BY YOURSELF while trying to get a job. don't expect anything, just have fun, try things, meet people to build a network and share your knowledge.
>>
>>101833738
There are zero software developers who do this outside of testing. They are issued turbo pozzed laptops, but I doubt they will go through the effort of investigating if your mouseclicks did indeed zip the .git file.
>>
I've considered at trying to gain experience by working via freelance websites such as freelancer, people per hour, fiverr etc. The trouble is that these sites are oversaturated with south Asians.
I'm not even trying to sound /pol/, I do a search for a job and I get dozens of results. I think I would have a hard time even getting noticed.
>>
File: 1723359165288657.jpg (100 KB, 1200x900)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
I just turned off every notification from Linkedin and set my profile as not looking for offers. I'm tired of my current job but I'm also tired of recruiters and just imagining going again through the process of adapting to a bunch of retards at a new company makes me want to go on a killing spree.
I'll just stay here doing the bare minimum until they fire me.
>>
>>101835580
>I've considered at trying to gain experience by working via freelance websites such as freelancer, people per hour, fiverr etc.
have you considered the idea of actually doing it instead of considering it?
>>
>>101834435
grind litecoin. it pays off
>>
>>101833396
I wouldn't overthink it; you're just anxious. More money is always tempting but in practice it's usually followed by something shitty since "Well, now that we're paying you the big bucks..."
>>
File: media_GUIFuyPXYAAvlNc.jpg (37 KB, 680x669)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>
As someone with ADHD the optimal setup would be if I could just work on coding stuff from 4AM to 10AM then have a meeting for 1-2 hours
Unfortunately this is not possible where I work and we're 60% hybrid
Would working at an office or public space helps? I feel like when I'm in public I'm more worried about what other people are doing or if they're paying attention to me than coding. I get almost nothing done on in-office days but then during home days I work for maybe 2 hours and play video games but still get good performance reviews. Another problem is that my work doesn't really build valuable skills (I'm repeating the same YoE x times), currently at 2 YoE
>>
>>101833396
You can always job hop again, stay current above all else
>>
>>101833686
Capital one TC is probably at 150k or more rn as well
>>
>>101823352
I got another assessment and I found yet another hard question. I'm not sure if they bar has risen to the point companies are expecting their interns to be able to figure out how to do a a hard question on the spot with just 1 hour and no resources, but if they really expect that then their top scorers will be filled with cheaters since its not really a proctored assessment.

I'll keep filling assessments as they come but whoever is selecting the questions are fucking retarded unless its just there to catch cheaters.
>>
File: 0sq0omzhfp251.png (784 KB, 1080x1920)
784 KB
784 KB PNG
dear anons,

Work itself in the modern sense is The Satan. It drains your soul rapidly regardless of what field you're working in, medicine, law, engineering, trades, whatever.

You're forced to participate in a game that you never signed up for. Instead of having festivals with people you love in your community and relaxing, you're forced to "commute" to an "office" and complete "tickets"

Worst of all, there is nearly zero correlation between merit and your salary potential, so you're not even really in control of your own career/earning potential, which automatically means that you should be doing the absolute bare minimum to not get fired and not exert even one joule more.

My advice to you is to start your own business or do some sort of passive income grift. Drop-shipping, a fake OnlyFans with AI generated content, whatever you can muster the will to do.

People who create "jobs" are demons. Don't let NEET faggots ITT tell you otherwise. Some people are prisoners of their own mind and actually get hard at the idea of being taken advantage of, and using their short time on this Earth to make some hook-nose shareholder another million.

t. 11 yoe being an engineer at a variety of levels (junior, mid, senior, now staff) working at both product development companies and research labs. they're all equally horrible, not because of any given trait of the job, but because being alive in anno domini 2024 necessitates "work"

thanks for coming to my ted talk.
>>
>>101836980
Take your meds and get back to work.
>>
>>101833686
those people stay at their mediocre jobs

>>101834102
for HCOL, not really

US median software engineer is over $130k

>>101834644
I cannot imagine taking on a sophomore intern, even the ones in their last summer are barely able to write any code without huge babysitting

get good and you'll be fine one internship, why are you freaking out with years of school to go
>>
>>101834644
>find a prof you like
>do well in their class
>go to their office hours
>find common personal ground, form a friendship
>ask prof for industry help
>prof asks buddy to hire you over the summer
>profit
>>
>>101836974
>whoever is selecting the questions are fucking retarded unless its just there to catch cheaters
Probably both
>>
>>101836956
I interviewed w/ C1 a year ago in a HCOL area. For seniors the base cash pay was ~180, and I think they upped it to 200 recently. That doesn't include stooks/bonuses/benefits.
>>
>>101836980
>Working is... le great satan

oh my god how do poltards say cringe shit this gay and not feel embarrassed
>>
>>101829200
this is the type of person that answers "no" to "do you take any drugs?"
kinda like fake natties in fitness
>>
>>101836980
>which automatically means that you should be doing the absolute bare minimum to not get fired and not exert even one joule more
I came to this conclusion after realizing that I would ultimately end up hating every potential job I could have.
>>
>>101836980
Shut this post down
>>
File: Raphiel_smile_(2).png (244 KB, 1000x1000)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
My shift just started and I have a couple of things to do but I don't want to do them. I rather study or do something else. Also death to oracle and its products.
>>
>>101836980
>you're forced to "commute" to an "office"
Lmao imagine not being wfh
>there is nearly zero correlation between merit and your salary potential,
Agreed, I'm insanely overpaid for what I do
>>
>>101833686
>Where the fuck are the husky state school few-years-at-capital-one-or-something mid-level engineers?
Holding onto their jobs at capital one for dear life
>>
>>101818540
have you tried telling him, "Fuck off, retard!"?
>>
File: manzil-md-web.jpg (383 KB, 960x1429)
383 KB
383 KB JPG
Where we all working right now?
>>
>>101820330
>threatening someone with violence in the workplace
never give advice again
>>
File: 1720546786229236.png (52 KB, 224x225)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>101838749
>>
>>101837146
enjoy spending your minuscule small amount of time alive as a sentient being commuting to your Hip :TM: company's campus in your honda civic, anon.
>>
>>101838983
Nobody commutes anywhere now retard
>>
>>101839006
literally everyone modulo a few select companies have mandated RTO nationally
stop LARPing
>>
>>101838983
is getting psyopped by foreign intelligence agencies on pol a better use of this minuscule amount time?
>>
If I say that I'm familiar in C++, C#, python etc in my C.V is that considered professional wording? I don't want to say I'm proficient in them because I don't consider myself advanced in most languages or really any of them depending on whats considered advanced since thats what I consider as proficient.
>>
>>101839020
Stop posting in a thread about shit you don't know anything about if you're a retarded clueless neet. It's more difficult to find an on-site job in current year
>>
I'm doing a bachelor in information systems and I realized I enjoy the business side much more. Managing resources, dealing with people or other business issues is much more interesting than any technical meme garbage, by a mile. I now want to be a PM
>>
>>101839214
Progressing into business is the next logic step so that all makes sense. Higher ups cream their pants when a manager has a coding background. Issue is most of those "people" have jeet code programming experience, so they fuck everything up even more than the usualy manager.
>>
Do I really have to know this Cyber Kill Chain shit that THM is shoving down my throat once I get into the industry? What is the point of it?
>>
File: 1712068504423484.jpg (185 KB, 2000x1815)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
Almost monday again!
Are you ready for your dailies, sprint plannings, refinements, retros?
>>
File: GSJZigFX0AAoGlK.jpg (61 KB, 703x819)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>101839303
I'm not gonna coode at all
My first job will be aimed towards that, I'm not taking a dev job at all. Fuck that.
I know how to code still though (for me)
I will never leetcode, I will never burn myself, I will never ever deal with technical bullshit. I feel free now, I was feeling absolutely depressed about this because I definitely fucked my degree I should have gone for a business degree
>>
>>101839367
MBAs are waaay oversaturated now. Maybe if you got in 5 years ago you could swing it but now everyone wants an MBA and to be a do nothing manager making 6 figures. I hope you've got a comfortable set of kneepads because to accomplish what you are setting out to do will require an immense amount of dick slurping.
>>
>giant backlog of bugs and other trash
>at some point the product owner just hid the entire backlog except 20 items
jeez, if I only knew it was that easy to hide the giant mount of trash that our software is
>>
File: EyfgyeuWQAAz_-H.jpg (36 KB, 472x600)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>101809339
They done vored bionciles
>>
File: GUphsBdXAAAZ3Ca.jpg (65 KB, 569x906)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>101839416
I'm gonna be a Business Analyst for a while or something like that, whatever it takes at least I know what I like now.

I'm not coding at all, it's not on the table. I despise technical meme crap for a job. I would never lose my sanity for it like I've seen some people go through, I will not be a miserable fuck like that
>>
>>101839304
Cause this shit just feels like high school where they try to teach you "structures" for concepts that really just defeat the purpose of them in the first place. They complicate the matter in an attempt to simplify it.
>>
>>101834692
you also need to study system design as well
>>
whats the coolest thing you've stolen from work?
>>
File: smush.jpg (1.21 MB, 2152x2152)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>101838592
I've found that I am, as well, now. It's like they don't /want/ output, they don't /want/ anything to get done. They prefer the process for its own sake. It's so foreign to me.

I worked for basically nothing – far below the poverty line – for years, waging part time and doing a startup nights and weekends and every ounce of free time. Part of it was the camaraderie. Part of it was the purpose. I was producing massive output, for shit pay, basically cakes. I handled every level of the stack myself, and business concerns too. Marketing, copywriting, graphics, strategy. Very small team. But it was great, when we were working, those of us that cared and gave it our all and birthed something lovely and meaningful and real.

Until the CFO became a psychotic weirdo and eventually flamed out, incinerating his own life and blowing up our progress for – as far as I could tell – no real reason. Just happened. Some weird personal life shit crept up and boom there went our beautiful product.

So I got a real job, and I make real pay, and I no longer have to deal with an office of jackass suit freaks heckling me all the time, like totally absurd 90's movie style mentality, genuinely being threatened and lashing out at at the golden geese who actually generate value because we're "weird" (don't dress like an instagram lawyer / read robb report). Yeah. Fuck all that.

But now my work is, like, whatever. The product at my new company is fucked beyond all recognition, they have dipshit React guys running the ux, everything takes a week or more to do because it's so fucked. And I get paid. And I work from home.

Maybe I can build up the savings to hit up my startup guys.
>>
>>101840499
tim
>>
>>101840634
I meant time, but tim's pretty cool too. he's a pretty chill lad
>>
>>101840499
my dignity. also the knowledge that everything is fake and you can do whatever you want

>>101840207
I did, but going by the courses, "system design" appears to be literal retard tier basic stuff you just kind of internalize naturally when building a real system that does anything. Make me a cache. What are the concerns. FIFO, FILO, etc. Maybe it's novel to frontendlets and some old guy who's only ever written the same dynamic array utility in str8C over and over
>>
>>101840601
>Until the CFO became a psychotic weirdo and eventually flamed out, incinerating his own life and blowing up our progress for – as far as I could tell – no real reason. Just happened. Some weird personal life shit crept up and boom there went our beautiful product.
Literally me
>>
>>101840499
time, since I wfh
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (75 KB, 643x820)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>privately held research lab
>501(c)(3)
>~$300 million profit (not revenue, profit) per year
>only ~175 employees
>no shareholders
>no publicly traded stock
>still doing layoffs
>still cutting free perks like snacks and coffee
>all travel restricted
>hiring freeze
>unironic record profits 2023
???
please explain
managerial copycatting? we are literally swimming in money
>>
AAAH I don't know if I should sell my stocks as soon as they vest or not. I keep thinking that tech will crash eventually but maybe this AI fad is gonna take off.
>>
>>101840822
swim in more money
>>
>>101841113
sure but the bizarre part is due to being a 501(c)(3), by definition, all profit must be reinvested into the business itself
so extra swimming money really is fruitless
>>
>>101840860
Warren Buffett is exiting tech stocks. What do you know that Warren Buffett doesn't know?
>>
File: Jews in Kaifeng_2.jpg (77 KB, 720x540)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>101840860
>>101841156
We'll never know. You should buy bitcoin and ALL crypto, though.
>>
>>101840773
Very common. Always remember: you're absolutely right to despise and beware beancounting suitlarp faggots on sight.
>>
>>101840822
Honestly man at this point I think the commies were right
To even be able to have an apartment, car, food, gas, insurance you need to basically work in tech/pharma/finance/medicine
At least in mid to late USSR it seemed like if you worked you had all that even if you weren't getting savings
My labor and effort are totally unrelated to the compensation I receive and everyone I know who makes more than me does not work harder
Maybe this wasn't true in 2014 or 2004 or 1994 or whatever but I got my tech job in 2022 and this is how it feels like I'm just saving a mediocre amount of money ($1500 a month) but still too poor to buy a fucking house so what was the point
>>
>>101841327
Have you ever considered the possibility that both sides were wrong and that government ownership vs naïve commitment to short-term profitability was a false dichotomy propped up by jingoists?
>>
File: 0rn0dd8ndme81.jpg (98 KB, 1242x1260)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>101841327
>this is how it feels like I'm just saving a mediocre amount of money ($1500 a month) but still too poor to buy a fucking house so what was the point
NEET retards and high schoolers lurking ITT will bust out of the woodworks to tell you that $1500/month savings is tremendous money because they don't realize how cartoonishly expensive living even a simple life is. Transportation, housing, groceries, insurance (car/home/medical/dental), taxes, pre-tax investments that you can't touch until you're fucking 59.5 all eat away heavily, even for tech salaries.

I'm saving ~40k a year with my big fat tech job but because COL scales with location I still need to save for ~8 years without missing a beat to afford a _down payment_ of 20%

Being alive is exhausting anon. I'm there with you.
>>
>>101841418
Add in a relationship, children, a social life and a hobby or two and suddenly you're living paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>101840499
I expensed my desk, chair, and most of my current PC setup because I bought them during Covid WFH and that felt like stealing.
>>
>>101840650
I have a microsoft interview coming up, any tips?
>>
>>101836918
I work those hours and it helps a ton. I think the important thing is that most meetings are mindless bullshit which sap your earliest (and usually most productive hours). I can't even imagine what the fuck an afternoon meeting is like - actively harmful to the business? Anyway, my advice would be that you just start slowly shifting your work schedule forward yourself. It's not all or nothing. Do it an hour at a time until you get reprimanded. Might never happen as long as you remain productive. I think you could get as early as 7 AM before anyone even notices that you're "coming in" early
>>
>>101841366
Yeah, it's "jingoists" who are flooding the supply side of workers with infinity 30 IQ swarthoids.
>>
>>101839103
That's fine. I think you can even just list them as long as you don't market yourself as an "expert"
>>
>>101841556
>control all of the world's media outlets
>movies, TV shows, advertising, music
>every output of information that goes to your ears and eyes is filtered by (((them)))
>6000+ year old neanderthal ethno-religious doctrine to turn everyone but themselves into a mixed-race 75 IQ mouth breathing cattle
>supposedly this transformation will usher in a messiah who will deem (((them))) the new leaders of the world
>everyone who is not (((them))) will be, according to their religious texts, be made to serve (((them)))
>inventors of (((interest))) on (((loans)))
>responsible for every major war and economic collapse of the last 600 years
that's right, it's those god-damn Jingoists.
i fucking hate center-right fence-sitting retards who think everything in life can be explained with enough nuance... """jingoists"""" LMFAO
>>
>>101839103
The ideal thing to do is show, not tell, i.e. tell them what specific things you've actually used the language to accomplish. If all you've used the language for is jeetcode and some textbook exercises then something like familiar is fine
>>
>>101841556
>me no am blinded by nation
>it other country with mass stupid, they am problem!
>>
>>101841509
I haven't interviewed with Microsoft. If I were suddenly preparing for an interview with Microsoft, here's what I would do:

• Since Microsoft is a well-known company, it's likely Leetcode has a playlist of user-submitted problems that have been reported to be used in Microsoft interviews. You have to pay to see these. It's like 35 bucks, iirc. This will give you an idea of what to prepare for in particular.

• Levels and Blind have private forums where everyone shittalks or shills their companies. Glassdoor has something like it too. You can get an idea of what the interview process is like, what to do, what to avoid. Every company is different. Every department is different. Every position is different. For each interview I did, I looked up what to expect for that specific position in that department under that guy. Some companies are more open about this than others. Some have weird cultural hangups around, like, "run-and-check", etc. Find out what you can.

• Use your new insider info to tailor yourself. Highlight how you match whatever criteria they care about. You were born to be a whatever-fucking-position-you're-applying-for. You love that shit, and everything you've ever done has actually been leading up to this, culminating in your being divinely shaped to solve whatever problems they need you to solve as a whatever-fucking-position-you're-applying-for.

• Politely decline to discuss salary until you have an offer. Salary is the absolute last thing you will talk about, and you will talk about it AFTER you have an offer in hand, not before. You want to go through as much of their pipeline as possible, force them to sink cost. "I'm confident we'll be able to make something work :)" is fine. And you are! You should feel confident in their ability to accurately assess your value to them and pay you accordingly (well).

>>101839103
They should be able to gauge your proficiency from your descriptions of projects in each language.
>>
I'm a shopping addict
>>
>>101841327
lol don't believe what leftoids post, my grandma lived through that shit

you had to save a lot to afford a car, or a color tv
the free apartment waiting lists took impossibly long to move (never)
you were a rentslave
if you got tired of that you could brown nose your boss and get an apartment when your work enterprise built apartments
or joined (and paid into) an apartment collective which bought all the materials and hired the builders themselves
>soviet healthcare
literal meme tier
take a pill for a broken bone and fuck off
unless you got lucky or bribed the doctor/nurse with expensive alcohol, smoked meat or expensive chocolate.
>>
>>101841941
Yeah but you wouldn't need a car if you had decent public infrastructure and didn't have millions of islamic migrants fucking up your city making it so people wanted to be in cars
It seems the insecurity of healthcare, transportation, housing and food are built into the capitalist system and wages are specifically designed to keep people working for 40+ years and prevent actual social mobility
Previous tech wages were an anomaly, a glitch in the system, the cattle are not supposed to be able to work 10 years and retire, hence the layoffs at already massively profitable companies
>>
>>101841846
>>101841509
The single most terrifying thing I have ever done was launching into an SWE job search for the first time with no prospects, no job search experience, two funerals and an exploded social life on my back, and everyone around me telling me I'd never make it. I woke up every morning to 10+ "Unfortunately" emails telling me I wasn't good enough. Most never sent anything at all – just ghosted. I spent all day every day studying, doing lc, and sending applications. I drove three hours each way for an onsite at my dream company after three virtuals, had an incredible time whiteboarding with PhDs under NDA, and then they told me to go fuck myself because they had lied in the job description and to my face – they actually wanted someone who already knew their niche language after all. I learned the relevant language, for them, and interviewed in it at that onsite. I gave myself ten minutes to lie in bed, staring at the ceiling, and then I kept going.

And it worked.

I got a job.

It's fully remote. Unlimited PTO. I'm working in a language I enjoy very much. My team is great. And everyone who told me I needed a degree, or that I was insane, or that I was arrogant and stupid – they're dead fucking silent now. Six figures.

I worked retail before this.

You can do anything you want.
>>
Do companies use any checks to see if you are working multiple jobs at the same time? Theoretically what is to stop someone from working 2 jobs at the same time remote?
>>
>>101831969
>fighting games = button masher
classic scrub cope
> bingbingwahoo is literally 90s gacha
gacha is 90s gacha you retard. Imagine getting pleb-filtered by Mario
>>
File: 1702664892399046.gif (1.08 MB, 640x360)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>>101842006
grats anon thats inspiring
wagmi
>>
>>101842015
it's obvious during meetings if you're distracted and have to say something, but new employees rarely do
all? states have websites where employers register employees for tax purposes, idk if it shows anything if someone tries to register you and you're already full-time
>>
>>101842110
>idk if it shows anything if someone tries to register you and you're already full-time
that's what I'm wondering, like during the initial background check, I can handle the meetings and such, people act like retarded NPCs that only have 1 job much less 2.
>>
>>101842139
I know multiple people that have done it, including high level employees at my current company, so it really comes down to luck of the draw, unless you've got insider HR info.

It's a numbers game, anyway, right? There's no blacklist site, yet, so if they catch you just reroll for a place that won't. Or are you trying to work at two specific companies that you really love both of?

>people act like retarded NPCs that only have 1 job much less 2.
yeah, I was gonna say – most people in most meetings already behave like this, whether they're just disengaged and numb or actually trying to get real work done at their single job, while paying the nod and smile tax
>>
>>101831958
>LMAO how gullible you are.
So what's the actual reality? If i only have 1 interview each month then I can actually chill and life of neetbux.
>>
>>101841156
Yeah, let's follow the 100-billionaire who's trying to manipulate the market so he can buy back into tech stocks at a discount. "exiting tech stocks" lmao. To put them where?
>>
CS Major really is a 50/50 roulette between working minimum wage or making 6 figures.

I love gambling so much bros.
>>
>>101841997
NTA but nobody has it "right". In any system there will be classes of people who will abuse the system. You live in a world with finite resources and plenty of dickheads.
>>
>>101842176
I was thinking of trying it out since my company is going down the toilet anyway, maybe I can just get on with the other, and while their running around like chickens with their heads off, I can just coast for both.
>>
I'm changing into my jeans at 8pm. No particular reason, though.
>>
>>101842255
you literally don't need a degree to swe. they're entirely orthogonal pursuits. most of the kids that come out of the program have no idea how to do fucking anything anyway, and the contents of a cs degree are like... youtube playlist material. the teachers are old fucktards who haven't done anything, ever. just build real projects, then products, then if you want to get into the academic philosophical stuff get into haskell

do not fall for boomer psyop, anon. immediately discount the words of anyone with lead in their bones
>>
My LI profile shows my resume gap and I'm embarrassed and suicidal every time I open it. I wanna make a new account and fill it with bullshit. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>101842358
> youtube playlist material.
that's literally all of STEM now except a few outliers like ecology which pays like shit.
>>
>>101842412
open an LLC for $20 and say you worked your own consulting gig as a 1-man shop
jesus christ i swear some of you people are completely helpless
>>
>>101842412
why?
>>
>>101842433
>>101842412
Hell yeah. You can type whatever you want into Ln. Domains are cheap and websites are easy. You can create as many companies as you want and be whatever you want at any of them.
>>
>>101841509
Learn Hindi
>>
>>101842433
>jesus christ i swear some of you people are completely helpless
Amen. People are about to be on the street if they don't get a job but are still afraid to lie. Like any of these retarded companies have fucking Sherlock on retainer to go through your employment history.
>>
What do embedded devs actually do? I've been seeing a lot of memes about how they just do stuff in C and get paid anywhere from 100-300k.
>>
>>101842527
write shitty code that hardly works all day in visual studio.
>>
>>101836980
do u think being a farmer is a better life
>>
>>101842556
how is that different from any other dev
>>
>>101842597
Some devs use xcode or vim
>>
>>101839214
LETS GO TORONTO
>>
>>101842358
I just gave up on developing myself as a software developer, the current market doesn't reward students being creative or actually showing interest in their career, all that's being rewarded right now is grinding the most common leetcode questions until your eyes bleed so you can fool a company into giving you a chance at a 3 month internship after going trough 3-8 filter steps.

And just seeing how sad the market is for interns, I can't even begin to imagine how can a Jr. self-taught dev even enter the market. You need to do some fucking trickery or be a nepo baby to do that in the market after 2020.
>>
How do I get out of the burnout rut? I have quite a few things I can tackle but everytime I try to get started my mind just buzzes out. Even trying to go to sleep to get ready for work tomorrow I'm just a complete blur.
>>
>>101842879
>And just seeing how sad the market is for interns, I can't even begin to imagine how can a Jr. self-taught dev even enter the market.
Me neither.
I had a hard fucking time getting an interview despite having a BSc from a top 10 school, can't imagine how impossible it would be without even a degree
>>
>>101842879
>>101842893

>>101842006
>>
>>101842006
>And everyone who told me I needed a degree, or that I was insane, or that I was arrogant and stupid – they're dead fucking silent now
Maybe its because they don't know your number or has better things to do with their lives?
>>
>>101842919
>>101842006
what year
>>
>>101842919
Survivorship bias and/or remember this is an anonymous website where people either outright lie or embellish the truth.
It isn't impossible but it is incredibly unlikely, especially now that the junior dev market is over-saturated
>>
New to this job but I have one person on the team I'm getting a little frustrated with dealing with. They constantly sound so passive aggressive and everything they ask me has to be in a rush. Then they'll always try to go against procedures which leaves me in such an awkward fucking area. Tbf I heard they're dealing with a lot but I run into so many scenarios where
>"Anon, please do X"
>"Hey, I can't do X because it's not possible, but we can try Y instead"
>"How about I do Z (completely going against company policy) instead"
>"Uhhh no why don't we just do Y?"
>"Z is easier, I always did Z in the past, why can't we do Z anymore?
Like god damn they're always fighting with me and it's so fucking frustrating I give them an "out" or a solution for their problems but they don't want to do it properly.
>>
>>101842986
Tell your manager about it
>>
>>101843027
I think I'm too new to rock the boat but I just redirect them to my senior coworker and he always just shrugs and goes "they're always like this".
>>
>>101842986
Are they a PM? It sounds like a PM - in which case it's your duty to tell them to fuck off
>>
>>101843055
Not a PM but I'm currently working with another PM that's driving me nuts because all they do is write shit on an excel spreadsheet and when I tell them "No, it can't be done. Maybe in a future release". They leave that shit on the backlog and then ask me about it next week or we'll go over something, they won't give further actions for the next few weeks and then suddenly next month they'll be like "Is Feature X done?" and I'm just like ".....I thought you were going to email me the requirements."
>>
>>101842938
This year.

>>101842955
Fair.

>>101842882
Usually burnout is your body telling you something is fucked. It could be that you are metabolically unwell, or it could be that you're quietly drowning in existential despair because you have no purpose and are slaving away for tasteless despots. I've experienced both of these.

So, like, supplement thiamine, and also, check if your life matters. It takes self-examination ig.
>>
>>101843105
well tbqh, yeah I'm pretty sure I'm depressed but not like I can do anything about it right now. I don't have money nor do I have the looks (yet) or situation where I can truly thrive. Nothing I can do now except grind it out but I can't if my mind is this fucking stuck. I just want to get out of this rut and go back to just baseline.
>>
>>101843093
Is this your first job? I'm asking sincerely
>>
>>101843135
Nope. First official "office tech" job I guess though. My last office job I was in IT, never dealt with this stupid shit just doing tickets all day.
>>
File: GUonyCqXEAAr6vq.png (12 KB, 828x815)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
I hate stuck living with my mom and not making money but i just don't want to look for a job right away. I want to just learn stuff for the rest of the year, write a book, and apply for writing contests.

Ever since January things just keeps coming one after another and I rarely have fun on rest on weekends. The only way to stop this is to move out so I don't have to chores or errands anymore, but I don't know. A freshgrad salary is only enough to live paycheck to paycheck, and I won't have anything left to spare to treat myself or build emergency funds.
>>
What are some good tells or ways in an interview you can tell if the environment is good?
>>
>>101842879
I got a software engineer job as a non-CS graduate in 2020 right after COVID started. I grinded leetcode and wrote a couple of full stack applications. I think I just got lucky and was found by a recruiter who overlooked my non-CS background. I found that generally, interviewers themselves don't really care about your educational background.
>>
>>101843235
>>101843235
>>101843235
>>
>>101843183
hey buddy i think you got the wrong door. the neet club is 2 blocks down
>>
>>101843127
1000mg taurine
200mg caffiene
400mg theanine
250mg mexidol
1500mg glycine
200mg magnesium glycinate
325mg aspirin
2000mg vitamin c
>>
>deadline coming up
>team has already gotten yelled at once for a small slip and it seems unlikely we'll make this one
>PM needs handholding for absolutely everything, understands nothing about the product (which is kinda understandable) but also can't keep track of dates or whats been done
>Product Owner does nothing, tickets have barely any info and he never reviews or tests anything to make sure the requirements are actually being met despite the fact i keep telling him there are huge gaps
>QA is incompetent, has 0 understanding of the requirements or what the product is supposed to do, 99% of the bugs they open are user error because they didn't do the instructions correctly
>manager is generally supportive but only solution he offers is for me to basically do these people's jobs for them
holy fuck, is the job market going to bounce back any time soon because i cannot keep doing this shit
>>
>>101843127
>>101843266
ignore this idiot.
15 mg detroamphetamine twice a day.
>>
>>101840822
ngl ur entire lab needs to shut down

seems like bloat and creating 0 value to the world
>>
>>101842255
I just graduated and im unemployed brah
>>
>>101843316
maybe learn plumbing or something idk
>>
>>101843325
that shit takes a few years cus u gotta find an appreniceship
>>
>>101843294
>which is kinda understandable
how, theyre the pm
>>
>>101843341
damn, time to move back to your parents house and be a NEET until someone hires you or work a few minimum wage jobs + do uber eats.
>>
six months
five applications
two interviews
one offer (one more processing)
it's that easy, simply don't live in burgerland
>>
>>101836980
Based.
>>
>>101843343
idk how it is elsewhere, but at my company, PMs are basically half scrum master/half customer liason. i've worked with a couple who have no domain/project knowledge but it still felt like they contributed a lot, but i swear this one could be fired and not replaced tomorrow and nothing would change on the project at all
>>
>>101843386
top of the morning, enjoy making 55K
>>
>>101808635
I started learning programming a few months ago. Why is this? My girlfriend moved to another country for her dream university. I want to move with her but it will be very expensive. So I can land a well paying tech job in probably another month yeah? Because this coding shit doesn't seem so hard.
>>
>>101816963
>> two bottles
Must be a junior
>>
>>101843861
>Because this coding shit doesn't seem so hard.
A lot of it isn't. Shitty devs are insistent on making it hard.
>>
>>101843988
I had a glass of wine yesterday and I'm still fucked up today. Me and my girlfriends talked mad shit about Scott and pumped chardonnay all fucking night.
>>
>>101843661
when salaries range from the equivalent of 80k to 100k + benefits until you have 20 YOE, it's all the same
still easily better qol than double that in the US
>>
>>101842556
I wrote mine in an Eclipse knockoff, actually.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.