[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1704919516479792.jpg (668 KB, 1920x2160)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
FAQ:
>How do I activate Windows?
https://github.com/massgravel/Microsoft-Activation-Scripts
HWID2 mimics a valid Windows installation to generate a permanent legitimate license
>and Office?
Same link, use Ohook option
You can also use Office.com if your needs are very minimal
or try OnlyOffice/LibreOffice and set it to save in MSOffice file formats

>What version should I install?
W10 Enterprise IoT LTSC 2021
-10 years support on IoT LTSC, EoL 2032
-5 years on LTSC
-Binary identical to Enterprise except no MS Store and no bloat apps
-If you need MS Store run this in cmd: wsreset -i
-ISO: 4.5GB

W10/W11 Home/Pro/Edu/Enterprise
-Avoid
-Only 1.5-2 yrs support
-No control over updates
-Preinstalled bloatware apps (games, music, news, weather, onedrive, start menu ads, etc)
*W11 specific
*Massive UI usability downgrades
*Removed features and reduced performance in Taskbar and Explorer
*Recall bloat
-ISOs: 6.4~6.6GB

W11 Enterprise IoT LTSC 2024
-Leak is an official pre-release OEM testing ISO, likely updates to retail on launch
-10 years support, EoL 2035
-Only if you fell for the 12th+ gen Intel meme and need the new CPU scheduler
-Same UI downgrades as regular W11
-ISO: 4.2GB

>ISOs:
Windows IoT LTSC https://pastebin.com/ywkasnhM
Windows https://pastebin.com/nUMgAr0b
Office https://pastebin.com/G8w5qu6z

>Should I debloat / build my own ISO?
If you need to ask, then no, you WILL break something
If you know what you're doing:
https://pastebin.com/S5VKBirt

>Windows/Office install guide
https://rentry.org/windowsinstallguide

>Portable programs & reinstall-proofing
https://pastebin.com/Zh7WSbJ2

>Useful programs (new install, essentials, utilities, adobe, etc)
https://pastebin.com/hN8nnwns

>I miss Windows##
OpenShell/RetroBar/WinClassic/StartIsBack

WinInfo&OtherPastas:
https://rentry.org/fwt
https://rentry.org/ltsc
Change to .co if links don't work

Previous: >>102117377
>>
Anchorice, we need a thread like this but for Win7
>>
where can i grab the media creation tool for 24h2? want to do an in place upgrade
>>
>>102150631
It's not officially out yet. When 24H2 comes out in full in October the MCT will start making 24H2 ISOs.
The only way you can experience 24H2 right now is through the IoT LTSC 2024 open preview.
>>
>>102150393
What's the ideal virtual memory size?
>>
>>102150393
cute animes
>>
File: 1698458197533200.jpg (11 KB, 318x159)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>102150587
>>
hey, I've got 24H2 IoT Enterprise LTSC + applied ameliorated playbook, how do I apply the new Ryzen update to it, am I doomed to reinstall my OS?
>>
What is the best general-purpose remote access tool for Windows that would allow both gaming and using regular programs without a static IP? My wish is to execute wake-on-lan via openwrt router with a telegram bot installed and then connect to PC using some tool.
>>
>>102151098
>gaming
Probably just Steam's in-home streaming
>>
>>102151098
Parsec?
>>
Still running Windows 10 on my gayming rig and after seeing those "download more CPU" updates for W11 in the past few days I have to ask if it's finally worth the upgrade? How is the performance gain in comparison to W10, nobody is benchmarking both OS.
I have a Ryzen 3600 so I'm GPU bottlenecked anyway, but plan to upgrade to a 5800X3D soon.
>>
>>102151225
Wait until 24H2 officially releases in October then upgrade to 11 with a 24H2 ISO.
That is if you're using a standard 10 edition and not LTSC.
>>
so I installed 4 4gb ram sticks of the same make into my motherboard and slots 1 and 3 are running at 2133mhz while the other ones are 2400mhz. is that normal for dual channel?
>>
Does anyone use Windows 7 with an RX 5700 XT? If so, please tell me what model it is so that I can flash its VBIOS onto mine (the BIOS tells me that the GPU doesn't support CSM)
>>
How good is NTDEV's Tiny11?
Is it a good idea to install on older, weaker machines? How safe is it?
>>
>>102151880
NTDEV himself seems trustworthy and nothing has really come out saying it's backdoored or anything. The whole reason he built it is so you can have the lightest Windows 10/11 install you can have while it's still usable, and it definitely does the job.
>>
How should I recover a bootloop windows device? It's trying to load a partial upgrade.
I tried using dism, which failed. I tried removing the update files from sys32, which failed.
I have a backup from years ago, I just can't remember which changes I've made since.
>>
>>102151530
are they all the same model of ram?
which motherboard are you using?
no it's not normal
>>
>>102151997
yep, all the same exact model I believe. and I meant 8gb each.

and my mb is an Asus a520m plus
>>
>>102152094
I'd probably access the bios and just check how they're set. It's likely that the mobo is doing this for high/low speed cpu usage.
>>
Do you guys know if there is a way I can install the photo app on LTSC without using the store? I mean the Windows 10 regular photo app, not the photo viewer from older versions of Windows.
Google is being a nigger as usual, and so is readit.
>>
>>102150393
On Win11 I had a very strange freeze/lag while playing games. It was a fraction of a second. I thought it was performance related but it occurred on the lightest games as well. I slapped more cooling, nothing. Finally I gave up and installed Win10 and the problem went away.
I'm not looking for help really, just wanted to type something while my wife went to work so I can jerk off to beast stuff on /gif/. Anyway bye losers
>>
>>102152877
Why not just a third party one
>>
>>102148681

No I didn't, but then again there is no point since I already tried installing the base iso using ventoy with the same problem.
I think it's maybe an issue with recent business laptops, honestly I don't get it.
>>
>>102152877
Yes, there is a way:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14312-restore-windows-photo-viewer-windows-10-a.html
But as >>102154157 said, you're better off just installing a 3rd party one like nomacs, jpegview or imageglass. The photo viewer no longer supports a lot of new formats.
>>
>>102154157
>>102154365
Thanks frens, appreciate it.
It isn't for me, otherwise I'd say fuck it and install something else.
>>
Does anyone have experience with Tiny10 and similar custom ISOs?
>>
>>102151521
Will W11 LTSC have the same performance upgrades like standard windows?
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (124 KB, 850x518)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Why does your shitty fucking operating system put boot files on a drive that I didn't even select to install it on?
>>
>>102155355
Yes, it is based on 24H2
>>
>>102154247
Tried win 10 iot ltsc, same shit, I think it's the laptop being a refurbished business one.
Maybe it's the autopilot.
I'm hesitating if I should go windows 7 -> windows 11 or give up and go with a linux mint instead...
>>
Is it not possible to install W10 IoT LTSC if I already have 10 Education? Trying to use the ISO that's linked in the rentry keeps trying to install W11.
>>
>>102152877
you don't need to use the store to install store apps
https://woshub.com/how-to-download-appx-installation-file-for-any-windows-store-app/

>>102156820
>Trying to use the ISO that's linked
microsoft won't give you the ltsc iso, you have to download it from a third party
>>
>>102151551
Win7 also doesn't support CSM from what I know
WTF?
>>
Okay so realistically speaking, if I completely turn off real time protection and all the gay antivirus shit on win11, what are the odds of me actually getting a virus or something assuming I mostly use open source applications and for games I always pirate from known sites
>>
Saw the last thread.
I've seen it many times before, what the hell are people doing that results in Winhoes Update undoing all their optimizations? I've never had that happen to me.

>>102150587
mein bruder, those of us running Win7 for fun are just too few, and the losers here with shitposting addictions are far too many, it's not worth it at the ned of the day. Then add in whatever group loves having a weekly Windows7/XP/2000 circlejerk circus thread to add to the lake of diarrhea a Win7 user must swim through for Win7 discussion, and it is just so not worth it. Even Windows 10/11 get circlejerk garbage, too, but at least there is this thread for sharing ideas and helping each other out.

>>102155867
Preferrably, you should install Windows with your extra drives disconnected, and make sure you have UEFI enabled.
>>
>>102158741
Install Malwarebytes Antimalware, add your pirated stuff to exclusions, and you should be fine. Ultimately, piracy tends to come with a risk for malware due to some sources being dodgy, it all varies. If you mean whther or not you might pick something up off the web, just stay out of dodgy websites, simple as that. Make sure your OS is fully updated (security updates).

You can usually find feedback around the web if you have doubts about any source of software.
>>
>>102156210 (you)
OK I've installed win 2015, now I need to see if I can upgrade to win11 after catching up system updates.
>>
>>102157261
So I got that image but it's saying I need a key.
>>
Simplewall or Tinywall which one anons?
>>
>>102151521
Can you upgrade from LTSC 10 to LTSC 11 when October comes or is that not how they work and I'll have to fresh install?
>>
What's the RAM usage on W11 Pro on a clean install? When I upgraded from W10 it was using like 9-10 GB on my machine and after a clean install of W11 Enterprise IoT it went down to just under 5.
>>
>>102159236 (you)

I got windows 11 iot ltsc 2024 to work in the end.
So, if you had the following problems with your installations :
- all iot ltsc 10 build ask you to connect to the internet to do anything, disabling the possibility of having a local account.
- same with 11 iot ltsc.
- rufus or ventoy install don't change anything.

You have to :
- install an older windows version that doesn't ask for online account using ventoy or rufus. I used "Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB 2015"
- activate it using massgrave (my network and wifi chipsets weren't detected due to the hardware being too recent but using a usb to ethernet adapter worked).
- update everything (not sure if needed).
- extract windows 11 iot ltsc 2024 and upgrade it using the setup.exe.
- activate it again using massgrave.
>>
>>102158741
As much as before. If you are careful about the source it should be safe. If you are a hoarder, the risk increases but if you are just getting some stuff here and there it should be very safe.
You can always use Virus Total to double check.
>>
I love Windows!
>>
>>102158741
>Pirate from known sites

anon I...
>>
>>102161383
>all iot ltsc 10 build ask you to connect to the internet to do anything, disabling the possibility of having a local account.

what? that doesn't happen.
>>
>>102161688
It literally did on my dell laptop anon, I suspect it's an autopilot thing since it's from my old company and they probably never bothered to get rid of the autopilot registration when I quit.
For the same iso, on a vm, the option to install locally appears, but not when doing the exact same on the laptop, it requires you to connect to internet to do anything.
Tested with :
- 10 iot ltsc 2019
- 10 iot ltsc 2021
- 11 iot ltsc 2024

Going from 10 ltsb 2015 -> win 11 ltsc 2024 worked.
>>
>>102161826
where is this autopilot stored? on some firmware? did you check the bios?
>>
do i need to enable tpm if I want to install w11 ltsc
>>
>>102161383
>all iot ltsc 10 build ask you to connect to the internet to do anything, disabling the possibility of having a local account
Straight up lie.
>>
>>102161964
No idea, I got the uefi to reset but the installation still never showed a local install.
And before you ask I've sent back the old nvme to the old company so they destroy it, so I replaced it with a fresh empty one.
So my guess is that it's some kind of sticky config in the uefi/tpm hardcoded by dell that windows looks into when you install it with a relatively recent build.

>>102162725
That's what happened to me in this laptop anon, believe or not now it works by going through an intermediate step (2015), so I figured it could be helpful to another anon at some point when looking at the archives.
It's obviously not a general statement on all installations, since I literally never had this problem with the same iso on other PCs, laptops, and even VMs.
>>
>>102154952
The Tiny ISOs work well and as advertised
>>
>>102162170
IoT LTSC 2024 doesn't have any requirements besides needing better then a Core 2 Duo
>>
>>102150393
>-If you need MS Store run this in cmd: wsreset -i
If I'm going to use the MS Store temporarily, how do I remove it afterwards?
>>
>>102160265
Yeah, you've been able to upgrade from LTSC to LTSC via in-place upgrading since it began.
>>
>>102162908
OK I found out why, it's basically a configured parameter in the uefi that never goes away unless you change it yourself.
So even when using oobe/bypassnro, or iot versions, it doesn't matter, windows obeys the parameters and forces you to be online for the next step.

Check here :

https://oofhours.com/2022/05/31/requiring-a-network-connection-during-oobe/
>>
>>102163593
You might as well just install winget with the winget-install PS script via PSGallery. With that on your system you can install MS Store apps through the command line via the msstore source.
>>
/sqt/ is hit and miss, so I'll ask here. For a month and a half now, I haven't been able to see images on the boards on my PC and regular laptop, but the >gaming laptop is perfectly fine. I got images to work right when I experiemented with using Google's DNS but changing it back only brought me back to where I was before.
>>
>>102164329
Sounds like you should just use a different DNS full time as your ISP's DNS is being shitty. I recommend Adguard or Quad9.
>>
I installed w10 yesterday with the media creation tool and it worked yesterday but when I reinstalled with the same USB it didn't ask me to make a Ms account at the end with wifi enabled and the icons on the desktop were buggy. Anybody know why?
>>
>>102159645
tinywall is no longer being developed so id default to simplewall out of those two
portmaster is another option but its kinda bloated compared to the other two.
i moved from simplewall to portmaster because i hated having to constantly allow access to certain programs that change the executable when they update and the former doesnt let you whitelist folders while the latter does
if it werent for that one quirk, id still be using simplewall
>>
>>102164998
I've seen this other firewall called Fort as well which seems interesting
https://github.com/tnodir/fort
>>
>>102165063
hmmm that does look pretty interesting. im always just a bit wary of any sort of security related program thats handled by a single person as they can just up and leave at any time and the project tends to die when they do so. though he has been maintaining it since 2019
>>
>>102165425
It's also been updated in the past couple days, so it seems pretty solid at the minute.
Seems to use the same WFP backend as Simplewall.
>>
has anyone had any luck with migrating windows to a different drive? I planned on using macrium reflect to do it, but I'm worried I'll break some of my things like my Skyrim mod list and what not.
>>
>>102165446
Macrium Reflect 7 Free is very thorougher and makes an exact clone of the drive you're cloning to. It's the easiest tool to use.
>>
i cant find the hashes for w11 iot ltsc pre release oem iso on the visualstudiocode website
>>
>>102165611
Hashes this hashes that. Why don't you go eat some hash for breakfast.
>>
does klite come bundled with botnet software? what the fuck is infatica?
>>
Is there a difference between the win11 it enterprise evaluation copy on the massgrave site and the official one that will release soon by MS?
>>
>>102150393
I have an old SATA SSD laying around that had my old windows and programs installed on it that I cloned to a bigger drive.

What's the lazy method of being able to wipe all the partitions and my windows installation on it without having to reinsert it into my motherboard through a sata cable?

I have a sata cable to usb cable plugged into it but I can't reformat it through disk manager on windows 11.

Anyone know a method on how to wipe it?
>>
>>102165897
The IoT LTSC 2024 ISO that massgrave offers is an for-OEM open preview that'll become the retail release when the October cumulative update and standard 11's 24H2 update releases.
>>
>>102165901
You can just use diskpart in the command line and use the "clean" command to remove all partitioning data from the drive basically making it empty, that you can then re-partition/format as you please. There's also "clean all" which is a more thorougher wipe of the drive that zeroes it as well, but that's really only if you want to re-sell it.
>>
>>102165936
will that still work even if windows disk manager lists the drive as offline?

"The disk is offline because it has a signature collision."

That's what I get when I tried to enable it through disk management on windows 11.
>>
>>102165915
Thanks, so functionally there's no difference, right?
>>
>>102165956
No you need to bring the drive online. You should be able to using diskpart again. Select the offline disk then just run "online disk" to wake it up.

>>102165966
No there shouldn't be.
>>
>>102166008
It's not gonna corrupt my windows or anything right? Because this is the old SSD that I used to clone beforehand. I think it's offline for a reason.
>>
>>102166020
You could always just load up a live Windows environment like HirenBootCD and awaken and clean it there I guess.
>>
>>102166031
>>102166008
Nevermind I managed to bring the drive online through diskpart!

I don't need to overwrite it with zeros on it if I plan on giving the SSD to my cousin right? I just did a quick format on it to wipe the data clean.
>>
>>102165484
so I managed to finish it in 34m, and at first glance it seems ok. I think I'll test it out for a day or so and see if things still work before formatting the other drive.
>>
>>102166042
Oh, well there you go. Running clean on it removes all partitioning and formatting data, which you can then setup again. I'd personally just do that then partition/format myself, but just over-formatting it works too i guess.
>>
>>102166053
It should work fine. I've watched plenty of tutorials with successful clones that act exactly like their original.
>>
>>102166113
well my skyrim installation still works, so I guess it was a success and I can wipe the other one and worry about any issues I find later.

thanks
>>
>>102166181
All good anon.
>>
>>102150393
Which version of windows 11 would you guys recommended? I've tried using the Enterprise ltsc one and that one keeps having weird hangups and stutters on my build. I have a 5800x3d So I don't think it's my processor.
>>
>>102166541
Forgot to mention that I was already on windows 10, but I want to jump for the vrr and gsync improvements with borderless fullscreen. I know it doesn't sound like much but this is for my living room pc that's plugged into the tv. Thanks once again.
>>
>>102165063
Oh nice discovery anon!
Does it have the same popup style as simplewall ?
Being able to whitelist wildcards is nice
>>
>>102166541
Wait until October and get the official release of win 11 iot ltsc
>>
>>102166541
Enterprise or Education just like 10, with LTSC being a subset branch of Enterprise.
But like the other anon said, it would be easier to just wait until 24H2 officially releases in October.
>>
>>102166558
It uses the same Windows Filtering Platform API that Simplewall uses so it's most likely pretty similar.
>>
Why are Brave and Chrome better at playing .webm files than VLC? Could I be missing a codec?
>>
I know this has been asked a thousand times but just in case: the official release of Win 11 IoT LTSC 24H2 should fix the Ryzen issues right?
I'm on the Massgrave 11 Iot LTSC 24H2 ISO and AIDA64 scores don't seem all that impressive so I guess it's not fixed yet
>>
>>102166568
>>102166579
Thanks lads. Guess I'll wait it out
>>
>>102166695
anyone?
>>
>RDPing into a Windows VM running at home through a public PC
What can go wrong?
>>
>>102167928
RDP port is not exposed to the internet though, I'm starting a hotspot on my phone, SSHing into my home PC on my phone with
-L 0.0.0.0:3389:192.168.X.Y:3389
arg (192.168.X.Y is the IP address of the VM), then connecting the public PC to the hotspot and RDPing into
[phone's IP address in the hotspot network]:3389
>>
why isnt hibernation enabled by default on windows 10?
during the 7 and 8 days i used to hibernate my laptop all the time
>>
>>102168342
Yes it is? Fast boot is default on all Windows 10/11 systems and it needs hibernation to work.
>>
>>102168378
there is no option to hibernate on the start menu
>>
>>102168404
Could always check "powercfg /a" to see what sleep states your system has.
>>
>>102168342
they disabled it by default likely because of a combinations of;
- fast start making "cold" boots faster
- ram got bigger and storage got smaller, resulting in the hiberfil.sys becoming a significant amount of storage for something not many people use
>>102168378
he's talking about regular hibernation. while yes, fast start is technically a form of hibernation, it's not the same thing, fast start closes user sessions first, simulation a regular boot but skipping some steps, while regular hibernate stores/restores the entire state of the machine as it was, like sleep
>>
>>102168342
>>102168437
also, if you don't know how to enable it, just open cmd as administrator and run "powercfg /h on"
note that this will create a file on C: the size of your ram (as it always has)
>>
>>102168437
Yeah I know the difference. Fast boot is like hibernation and sleep mixed together, just that the kernel and drivers are put in the hiberfil.sys file instead of anything else. Which is why normie IT guys say to restart PCs these days instead of turning it off and on again.
>>
>>102168471
>Fast boot is like hibernation and sleep mixed together
you're thinking of hybrid sleep
as far as i know, fast start only results in a hibernated state, not a hybrid sleep state
>>
>>102168453
yeah i ran that powercfg command and my laptop supports s3 sleep, hibernation and hybrid sleep
gonna enable hibernation
>>
on win10 is there a way to force a program to run through a proxy if the program itself has no built-in proxy settings without having to set the global system proxy setting?
>>
>>102150393
Is there a noticeable difference in 12th gen cpus going from 10 ltsc to 11 ltsc? Thinking it is time for a fresh install.
>>
So I just got fiber (2 Gbps), I have been told the SFP+ PCIe cards are the way to go to make the most out of the connection (and the switch I ordered doesn't have 10 Gig RJ45 ports, just 8 SFP+ ports) and use a DAC cable. The cards I get recommended are the Mellanox ConnectX-3 and X-4 cards. Do they have any issues of operation for Windows 10 LTSC 2021? Or can I just throw it in a PCIe port and install drivers and be done?
>>
>>102166695
There is no reason it wouldn't, the fix is even backported to 23h2.
>>
>>102169519
Why not just search on Amazon and check the ones with the highest amount of 4/5 star reviews
>>
>>102169760
They use the same generic product description from nvidia/mellanox, only mentions windows server and not 10/11.
>>
why do I feel that w11 iot ltsc is snappier than cachy with either kde/gnome? (8265u/8g)
>>
I received a Windows laptop that not only comes with Copilot but also has a dedicated key for it.
Does Copilot run on-device, or should I uninstall it?
Similarly, can I replace the Copilot key's function with a different program, like KoboldCPP?
>>
>>102169987
Co-Pilot itself is literally just a WebView2 frontend to Bing AI, it's completely vestigial and useless.
So if you can just obliterate it from the PC, you should just do that.
>>
>>102170051
>Co-Pilot itself is literally just a WebView2 frontend to Bing AI, it's completely vestigial and useless.
That's hilarious and kind of sad, but that means I'm less concerned with trying to remove it. I'll just install something else to run on-device.
>>
nigger
>>
>>102168756
Proxifier for Windows is the way to go, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>102170177
>>>/b/
>>
>>102155867
At least it doesn't mangle bootloaders and filesystems it doesn't understand, like your, far shittier, OS.
>>
File: 1623991333245890.jpg (116 KB, 1024x751)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>102161383
>- all iot ltsc 10 build ask you to connect to the internet to do anything, disabling the possibility of having a local account.
>
- all iot ltsc 10 build ask you to connect to the internet to do anything, disabling the possibility of having a local account.
Literally everything in this post is a lie.
>>
>>102169519
Most of my machines have Connect-X 3 cards (I was a 10Gb early adopter), and I haven't met a version or SKU of Windows where they aren't supported, from Home to Server Datacenter. Hell, they work under Windows PE.
>>
>>102170839
Thanks, any issues with m.2 NVMe drives and those throttling each other?
>>
>>102170687
Thanks, ill check it out.
>>
>>102171030
That'd be entirely dependent on how shit your motherboard is, really.
>>
>>102150393
What anime is this?
>>
>>102171242
The Demon Girl Next Door AKA Machikado Mazoku
>>
>>102171270
>AKA Machikado Mazoku
Thanks for spoonfeeding me, but what a faggot you are. Imagine giving the original, Japanese name as an "also know as". Shameful.
>>
>>102171375
I wasn't even thinking about it anon. Sorry for being a bad weeb.
>>
How to install W11 IoT LTSC in a non-english language?
>>
>>102171387
You can't right now because you need the LTSC release in your language to change to IoT LTSC. So you'll need to wait till October.
>>
>>102171386
I forgive you.
>>
>>102170687
>paywalled trial
>proprietary
>chink dev
Is there anything open source?
>>
>>102170813
Learn to read.

>>102162908
>>102164095
>When deploying an organization-owned device, you typically want to put “guard rails” in place to make sure the user goes down the right path. (Really, that’s what Windows Autopilot is all about, simplifying the OOBE experience by getting rid of all the complexity that Microsoft introduced into OOBE over the years.) One of those “guard rails” would be to make sure the user always connects the device to a network for internet access; without internet access, you can’t get the Autopilot profile, you can’t authenticate with Azure AD, you can’t enroll in MDM, etc.
>FORCED_NETWORK_FLAG
>>
File: 1111.png (11 KB, 1017x348)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Does anyone know an alternative to changing the volume of each speaker because this fucking Windows 11 setting just doesn't work.
I have two Creative speakers and the right side is clearly louder than the left and I wanted to try to fix it, but it's less simple than I thought... If I change the volume on one side in the pic related, it changes the volume on both sides, even though in the test it's correctly distinguishing left from right.
>>
File: 1706949138365022.jpg (15 KB, 467x163)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Is there a way to force all windows of a program (for example browser) to open maximized?
Windows doesn't seem to give a shit outside of the first window with picrel.
>>
File: 1714800294624593.png (25 KB, 1560x969)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Would you be interested in a privacy-based edge configuration, disconnected from Microsoft and its services? It's like ungoogled chromium but edge. It already comes with windows pre-installed and is radically linked to the OS, so it's superior for things like battery life etc.

I'm thinking of publishing this configuration on github like arkenfox user.js. Do you think people will be interested in it?
>>
>>102150393
>>102171270
Why is this anime associated with /fwt/? I've seen you/the OP use images of it a lot but I haven't watch it.
>>
>>102172912
You'll probably find random people interested, but what's the point compared to a simple chromium ?
>>
>>102172912
Sure, can't hurt. I only use Edge to proof compatibility, but less kikery is always nice.
>>
How can I install Office 2021 using OfficeRTool? When it downloads the web link it's only for 2016. Not going to do the manual install method.
I know of easier ways to install+activate Office 2021 but I'm using Tool for the "delete telemetry" thing, which I'm not going to do manually.

So could I just install and activate Office the easy way from Microsoft and then KMS activation, then only use Tool to de-telemetry it or does it not work like that?
>>
>>102171841
yes, just write the necessary software yourself
>>
File: 1698863801603417.png (79 KB, 1920x1008)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>102173327
It uses system resources more efficiently, integrates with the Windows 11 look, has better font support, follows Windows telemetry settings, is independent from Google, and offers supreme DRM support for Netflix, etc. It also features integrated Windows search, allowing you to see your history directly from the search bar. There is a completely local new tab page—no Bing, no SmartScreen.Additionally, unlike Chromium, the self-update mechanism just works. The update channel is "extended" to ensure very stable code—no experiments, no data mining features. The idea is to receive signed updates just in time to enhance security.

>>102173330
Yeah, that's what I thought. The configuration I created uses traditional group policy. I deployed this with the LGPO tool; unlike registry edits, Microsoft can't override these settings with updates. With this configuration, you can't even visit Bing and MSN intentionally lol :D
>>
What is good duplicate finder for Windows? I need to clean huge hard drive where even some whole folders are duplicated, not just single files
>>
>>102173719
czkawka
>>
>>102168404
You can add it back easily, it's somewhere in the settings.

>>102168437
>they disabled it by default...
No, it's not disabled. Hibernation is used by hybrid sleep, for example. The shortcut to hibernate is just hidden by default.
>>
>>102173633
>integrates with the Windows 11 look
>Windows telemetry settings
>offers supreme DRM support for Netflix
>features integrated Windows search, allowing you to see your history
>the self-update mechanism just works
As an oldfag, I find incredible people now just dive straight into a dished filled to the brim with feces and vomits, eat it all up, then ask for second. And this is a /g/ user... can you imagine how bad it is among normalfags?
>>
>>102150393
Is there a way to change LTSC to LTSC IoT after I installed Enterprise LTSC N in my native language? Generic key provided in the rentry guide doesn't seem to work, I guess it only works for EN version?
>>
>>102173837
>>integrates with the Windows 11 look
Yes, I understand your point of view. But the system doesn't have to load different GUI elements into memory every time. That alone makes it faster.
>>Windows telemetry settings
This means that if you have disabled the telemetry in the Windows settings, there is no other telemetry software or other settings for it.
>>offers supreme DRM support for Netflix
This varies from person to person, but there is a PlayReady DRM option used system-wide with Widevine DRM. This provides more vivid and detailed image/sound quality.For convenience, most users use platforms such as Netflix, Spotify. But yeah, in general drm is bad :P
>>features integrated Windows search, allowing you to see your history
Runs locally, there's a switch for it, convenient. :D
>>the self-update mechanism just works
Again, convenience and security. I can turn off even the updates but updates won't require additional id/data collection. It checks the version, if old, updates itself.
>>
File: doot doot mozerfuker.gif (1.56 MB, 498x381)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB GIF
>>102151530
Not normal.
And obviously not directly windows' fault.
Btw : Swap places between the two RAM-stick and check if the slower speed follow the RAM-stick or the mobo slot.
>>
>>102174050
Anon, these are all the equivalent of:
>yes, this is a giant pile of shit but they give you a spoon so you won't have to eat with your hands! :D
You're a humongous faggot and proof the future is doomed.
>>
File: FAT32-1391021655.jpg (53 KB, 840x473)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Does this method actually work?
https://old.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d77x2y/how_to_create_uefi_installer_if_installwim_4gb/

Never heard of it before, it sounds based.
>>
>>102174177
No, i'm saying this is a good piece of code with garbage corporate stuff, it's better to use it for productivity and personal usage without checking and tinkering stuff every single time in order to have privacy and security.
>You're a humongous faggot
ok
>>
Opinion on https://ameliorated.io/ ?
Botnet?
>>
>>102174634
Unnecessary, breaks stuff. You can't prove it's botnet or not if you download modified iso.
>>
>>102165915
That's alot of assumptions for one sentence.
>>
>>102174471
>it's better to use it for productivity and personal usage
NTA but you can just uninstall edge you dumbass
>>102174634
99% of the time complete overkill and will break stuff
At the level you'd want ameliorated you'd be better served by just tinkering with the installation yourself
>>
Why is my W10 IoT LTSC asking to change my old password but not letting me do so?
>>
>>102175251
Did you add more than one type of password?
>>
>>102175431
It let me log in after NOT entering one, which is weird.
>>
Installed LTCS today... Why does the text on the screen look like ass? I swear on Pro edition the fonts were much cleaner
>>
bump
>>
>>102175590
Either you broke something or you're super schizo, there is literally no difference between the editions of windows 10 fonts or cleartype.
>>
>>102173958
nvm turns out it doesn't work with N edition, I switched back to non N and it worked
>>
>>102150393
Finally, Shamiko OP is back!
>>
>>102177712
Never use the lettered editions of Windows. They exist because of country laws and come with less shit included which ends up breaking things.
>>
>>102165063
>>102165425
i ended up giving this a whirl and its more responsive than simplewall while giving me the flexibility of wildcards for certain programs/folders
>>
>>102178697
Sounds like a future recommendation to others then
>>
>>102173315
Same reason Satania is associated with BTFOing iToddlers, OP just spammed it enough that it is. Also helps there's several scenes and even an entire episode of Shamiko struggling with computers.
>>
>>102178795
Gabrial Dropout is just 4chan-core at this point. It aired ages ago but people still use frames from it as reaction images
>>
File: 1710870536112656.gif (354 KB, 500x491)
354 KB
354 KB GIF
>>102178795
>>102178860
iTODDLERS BTFO
>>
Can anyone here who tell me how to configure gsync? I've seen some say use vsync on in the control panel and then cap the framerate 3-4 frames below your monitors. I've seen others say vsync in control panel off with it on in game. It's strange how nvidia doesn't really have instructions for it.
>>
>>102178940
It's like a per-game basis really, though doing the thing where you set the max rate to a couple FPS below max for vsync works well. Also just make sure to use fullscreen mode always.
>>
>>102178697
how does it stack vs malwarebytes fc?
>>
how does it work when you install scoop to another partition
what happens if i reinstall windows then
>>
>>102180819
You just need to point any path variables to the Scoop directory on the other drive again
>>
>>102180845
so you dont have to reinstall scoop?
and what about the scoop folder on the start menu
>>
bump
>>
I gotta reinstall Windblows, wingdongs whatever
Does 11 LGBT have that update for Ryzens everyone's talking about? Otherwise can I just go to uupdump and grab 24h2 from there or something?
Is that CTT debloating tool any good or is it just because this youtube boomer is popular that people use it?
What about that chinese government edition they put out a few months back? Is it really any better for privacy?
>>
>>102182182
IoT LTSC 2024 is on 24H2, so it should technically include the update on Ryzen frame speed
CTT's utility pack is pretty useful. Lots of things in one place.
And last I remember that was a hoax.
>>
>>102182207
Hmm. I'm wondering basically because I don't know if that performance issue is a recent thing or not.
>>
>>102178697
That's because it IS a firewall, unlike most "firewalls" in circulation (such as Simpletonwall), which is just a GUI over Windows Firewall.
>inb4 n-no its a gui over wfp
Nobody cares you fucking autismo.
>>
Is there any reliable, preferably FOSS battery manager for Windows that alows you to set the charging limit to around 80%? I use Lenovo Vantage currently but I don't like it and it feels bloated
>>
>>102182616
There's a FOSS version of Lenovo Vantage itself called LenovoLegionToolkit you could look into
>>
>>102178552
I thought it would be less bloated but aside from not having WMP, which is a good thing, I couldn't even watch a yt video because it also lacks some essential codecs, so yeah
>>
>>102182641
looks promising, thanks anon
>>
Hi fwt, question concerning user accounts and disabling telemetry/phoning home/etc on 10 LTSC.

(rentry dot co)/LTSC

I did mostly everything mentioned in the /g/ guide above (edited services, registry, scheduled tasks, blocked outgoing telemetry traffic via firewall, took care of some additional stuff with winaero tweaker and that russian stop windows update program). Now I need to create a user account for my father, who is barely going to use it anyway but he wants one.
Question: how much of the above needs to be repeated? It's quite a pain for me to spend another two hours looking this up. Second question: if I don't repeat any of the above, does his user account pose any "risk" to mine in terms of privacy?

I'm not used to setting this up and since it's not installed in English, I have the added pain in the ass of looking up some services names in my language (this was true for services, iirc, other names were kept in English). I'll already have to repeat the process of moving all his user account folders to the D drive and editing registry keys one by one to delete the extra icons in Explorer so if I can skip the rest it'd be great.
>>
>>102182893
>and since it's not installed in English
This is where you fucked up, start over.
>b-but my native language!
Nobody cares. English is the lingua franca of computers and the internet. What are you going to do, ask in a thread every single time you have a problem where the solution isn't available in your language? No.
>>
>>102182682
Yeah, some countries don't allow those codecs because of country laws like I said. It's not worth the hassle to use those editions.
>>
>>102171270
>>102173315
>>102178795
>OP just spammed it enough that it is
I'm four episodes in and this is just garbage. It's a by-the-numbers moeblob anime with no redeeming qualities and barely a couple of "sensible chuckle" moments per episode. Gabriel Dropout was shit too, to be fair. What is it with weebs and choosing these trash characters as their avatars?
>>
File: 1723451487965565.gif (366 KB, 250x250)
366 KB
366 KB GIF
>>102183072
Looks like SoL anime isn't for you
>>
>>102183415
That's not it. One my favourites is Non Non Biyori. This is just mediocre. 05/10 so far. It has the same repeated, annoying, pointless trope of the MC being a babbling copy pasted idiot whose sole existence is to pander to 80 IQ mouthbreathers, and I'm sick of seeing it.
>>
>>102183455
>Anon hates anime but can't stop watching it
>>
>>102183474
I believe an anime's cour is a full product, and that it's unfair to judge it based on just a few episodes... so yes, I will finish the twelve episodes, and unless something changes I won't be watching the second season nor the specials, mark it as a 05/10 on my excel sheet, deleted the files, then probably never think of it again unless I see OP being faggot by avatarposting with it whenever once a month I come here to ask about something annoying in windows.
>>
>>102182911
Please answer the question. It's Microsoft's fault for not keeping the essentials in English while translating casual things.
In my case I make do with guessing or getting guides in my language, but still it's a pita
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsinsiders/comments/1f35qxn/games_not_starting_in_ltsc_iot_24h2_261001457/
Is this a thing or just a redditor with a unique setup?
>>
>>102183599
Fine.
>It's Microsoft's fault for not keeping the essentials in English while translating casual things
No, it's its fault you don't want to install it in English, you clearly enough of it to post here. This is 100% on you.
>how much of the above needs to be repeated?
Some of it, but you'll have to go through each thing to check it's not one of those things.
>if I don't repeat any of the above, does his user account pose any "risk" to mine in terms of privacy?
Yes, and it poses a risk to yours regardless because the other user will very likely not have the same degree of insight. In order to make an ironclad guest account, you need to spend a while setting it up properly so basically it has zero permissions to screw up your configurations.
>if I can skip the rest it'd be great
Not only you can't skip it, but you have to do even more.
>>
>>102183415
Pretending all SoL anime is CGDCT (aka 9 out of 10 times a complete waste) is exactly why nobody takes you seriously.
>>
>>102150393
Ok, so I want to start up a new PC and do a fresh install making an iso on a USB stick. It's been over a decade that tive done a fresh install

Can this be done on a MacBook? My current PC c drive keeps filling up even though a few days prior it had GBs of space so I don't know wtf is going on. So all I have now is a 2013 MacBook air
>>
All right, let's get on with this giveaway of (You)'s you guys are so obsessed with

>>102172912
Asking whether people want something is stupid, if you don't want to do anything then don't and shut up cunt. We don't need it, we can do it ourselves through group policy. It takes just a few seconds to do this and I do it every time when reinstalling windows 10/11. You are crazy, insane, and let's not call you a schizo (which every 4chan user uses without knowing what it entails) for god's sake. Please learn that nobody cares about you. It's already insane that you would ask 4channers about this, reddit is the place for that.

>>102183072
Nobody forces you to like anything, if it's garbage then keep that to yourself. Telling anybody else it's garbage is not gonna make it better for you, if you're looking for people to sympathize with you then go do that on discord, not here. 4channers would just say "filtered' and go on with their lives, I mean next message on this damned board lmao.

>>102178795
It's just one person, you're getting upset for nothing. There will always be that person, learn to cope.

>>102182182
God knows what they did, maybe it just has an optimized windows defender, not everyone notices improvements. Even rumors spreading about memory integrity being disabled on default or whatever. God knows.

>>102171375
Who cares

>>102178860
Just like the people obsessed with windows 7 and stuck in the past with brains that can't catch up with the ever-changing golden age of technology. I have it on my dell latitude d830 but god, I swear who wants to use that piece of junk in this age.
>>
does anyone use the theme patchers? how jank are they?
>>
>>102183948
The only working one is SecureUXTheme, which works fine enough.
>>
>>102183868
Indeed no one seems to know what the fuck is going on with the update.
I just read up that apparently people are approaching this the wrong way because for some reason 24h2 is disabling memory integrity by default which increases performance, while 23h2 has it enabled by default. Except that that's not the way it works and that memory integrity is only disabled by default if drivers are incompatible.
There must be a reason why a new update was released for 23h2 but god fucking knows.
>>
>>102183709
>"Install regular 24H2 then report back."
Based commenter.
>>
>>102184089
If only I had the time I would try all these random things
>>
>>102183721
Thanks. So services, registry, tasks, are not shared between users. Firewall maybe?
>>
>>102178697
Is there a guide somewhere?
I'm not I understand the group thing
>>
>>102184348
theres a user guide on the github
>>
>>102184405
Alright I'll take a look
>>
>>102184219
Will not modifying his profile (like I did mine) pose any threat while he's not using it?
From what I can see he will only log on once every six months to play vidya he likes. Highly doubt he'll mess around with anything while doing that. The rest of the time his profile/session will remain closed.
>>
>>102183868
>if it's garbage then keep that to yourself
This is a discussion forum, if you don't like it then go back to whatever AIDS-ridden shithole you clearly crawled from.
>go do that on discord, not here
Oh, the irony.
>Who cares
Anon cared, that's why he pointed it out. He's right too, "Machikado Mazoku" doesn't translate to "The Demon Girl Next Door", so he's right to call the other anon out. You'd know this, of course, if you weren't some filthy faggot tourist.
>>102184219
No, no, they are (depending if that's how you set it up), but some things in the guide aren't, and more importantly, they should be done AFTER you already made another account, since the changes that user will have some default settings reverted.
>>102184537
Maybe, maybe not. That's the issue. You don't know what has changed in your PC.
>>
>>102184656
>since the changes that user will have some default settings reverted.
*since the changes the user will have might be some default settings reverted
i.e. You don't know if the changes you made apply to every new account made no matter what.
>>
>>102184656
hope your autism doesn't make you kill yourself
>>
Any resources on which services are good to disable/set to manual?

In Win7/10 I could simply set everything to manual that allowed me to do so from the console and it'd be fine. In Win11 this leads to issues.
>>
>>102185210
Why would it? I'm not mentally ill like you.
>>
>>102185458
if you weren't, you wouldn't be in a situation where you'd have to deny it. If you weren't mentally ill you wouldn't even have to care.
>>
>>102183733
He’s right you know.
>>
>>102183545
You got filtered by Shamiko. It’s that simple.
>>
>>102186063
The situation only exists because you're throwing a tantrum, period. I accept your concessions though.
>>102186111
He hasn't reached the best parts yet, have faith. With that said, I don't really get why OP pushes it as a sort of /fwt/ mascot.
>>
>>102150393
I'm thinking about getting another hard drive to run a windows os off of it, what choices do I have if I want to buy a legitimate copy of windows while also avoiding windows 11 and windows 10?
>>
>>102187753
Bwo... if you're avoiding both 10 and 11 then that leaves you only with windows 7... surely you're not thinking about vista and xp, right? Perhaps you can find some a disk of 7 off ebay if you want a legit copy
>>
I feel like formatting my pc
Win10 iot ltsc or win11 iot ltsc?
>>
>>102188177
better wait for Windows 12
>>
File: 1701775765110489.png (6 KB, 862x60)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
yes please give me that free performance update thank you very much
>>
>>102187912
I have Isos of 10 and I have a virt-mach of 11 but... I'm not a fan of the copilot shit they added, maybe I'll just buy another SDD and just shove 11 on it, I was just gonna use it for gayman anyway...
>>
>>102188442
You can try running the chris titus tweak tool in your command line to get rid of pretty much all bloat including store apps and copilot and also turn off telemetry on your legit copy of 10.
On the other hand you can grab the windows 10 iot ltsc enterprise off the OP pasta but that's not a legit route.
But yeah, the ctt tool will pretty much clean up an installation of 10 or 11.
>>
>>102188267
My SSD started acting up after this update. Constantly freezing at 50% disk usage when moving files or playing games on it
>>
>>102188229
Well, I need to choose something for the present, not for the future...
>>
>>102188500
Does win10 iot itsc enterprise not harass you with the "activate windows" notification? That's what annoys me the most when using the win10 Iso I have right now. What's worse is that depending on the game or the movie it sometimes shows through that when you are fill screen.
>>
>>102188750
Check the OP pasta for microsoft activation scripts to active windows
>>
>>102184656
>since the changes that user will have some default settings reverted.
Shit. Is it actually going to revert back the settings on my account too?
>>
>>102188701
W10 Enterprise IoT LTSC 2021
>>102188750
No, there's zero (0) reason for you not to get W10 Enterprise IoT LTSC 2021.
>>
>>102188839
No way to tell, because nobody knows what you did or didn't do. How are you not getting this? You could have repeated the whole process on the guest account by now.
>>
>>102188177
is that even a question?
>>
If I used the Ohook option from MAS, then I reinstalled windows/upgrade to 11 and then installed Office again, will I still need to activate it again? MAS says its permanent like HWID so I'm assuming it will last between reinstalls, but just asking to make sure
>>
>>102188849
>No, there's zero (0) reason for you not to get W10 Enterprise IoT LTSC 2021.
You've sold me, I'll go look up how much a harddrive is and hope I don't shit myself at the price. I haven't bothered keeping up with hardware prices and I'm slightly scared to look.
>>
File: 1715490858490372.jpg (271 KB, 1800x1800)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Debloat Guide (post install on unmodified ISO):
Download AME: https://ameliorated.io/
Download Revi playbook: https://github.com/meetrevision/playbook
Run AME and use the Revi playbook
Run WinUtil with default Tweak settings: https://github.com/ChrisTitusTech/winutil
Simple as that
>>
Anyone try that MicroWin ISO builder on chris titties tech WinUtil? Any good?
>>
File: 1695980329838689.jpg (753 KB, 1138x1637)
753 KB
753 KB JPG
I love Windows
>>
Is there any way to send a right mouse click in powershell similar to the SendKeys command (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.windows.forms.sendkeys?view=windowsdesktop-8.0)?
>>
>>102192427
autohotkey
>>
>>102192578
so nothing built in then?
>>
>>102191717
BASED
>>
>>102191717
it is the best general purpose os by far
>>
is SDIO from glenn still used?
>>
>>102192674
do you want to make a powershell script that uses SendKeys? or you want to right click into powershell?
>>
>>102192732
i want to make a powershell script that sends right click. I just want be able to quickly and easily run something that periodically sends right click and powershell an easy way to to that with sendkeys but that doesnt seem to support mouse clicks.
>>
>>102192838
To create a PowerShell script that periodically sends a right-click, you can use PowerShell in combination with Windows' built-in "SendKeys" functionality or external tools like nircmd or AutoHotkey.

However, PowerShell alone does not have native support for sending mouse clicks directly. To simulate mouse clicks, you can use an external tool like nircmd, which is a small command-line utility that allows you to perform various useful tasks, including simulating mouse clicks.

Here’s a step-by-step guide to achieve your goal using nircmd:

Step 1: Download and Install nircmd
Download nircmd: Visit the official website NirSoft - nircmd and download the nircmd utility.
Extract the files: Extract the downloaded zip file to a folder on your computer (e.g., C:\Tools\nircmd).
Step 2: Create the PowerShell Script
Now, create a PowerShell script that periodically sends a right-click:

Open a text editor: Open Notepad or any text editor of your choice.
Write the PowerShell script:
powershell
Copy code
# Define the path to nircmd.exe
$nircmdPath = "C:\Tools\nircmd\nircmd.exe"

# Define the interval in seconds between right-clicks
$interval = 5

# Function to perform a right-click using nircmd
function Send-RightClick {
Start-Process -FilePath $nircmdPath -ArgumentList "sendmouse right click"
}

# Main loop to periodically send right-clicks
while ($true) {
Send-RightClick
Start-Sleep -Seconds $interval
}
>>
>>102183072
>>102183455
>>102183733
>>102183545
seething
>>
>>102189420
Ohook is a local activation for Office so yes it'll survive.
>>
>>102192674
Check out microsoft powertoys, a pretty powerful utility for windows by microsoft. It's not built in, but it's probably the closest thing that's not a 3rd party software. The utility in powertoys that fits what you want to do is called keyboard manager.
https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys
>>102193403
I just tested it; installed office in win10 pro and then upgraded to 11 pro and installed office. It still asked me for the key (I activated it in win10)
>>
>>102158998
>running Win7 for fun
im using it on my main pc.. for everything
>>
does the w10 iot ltsc iso linked in the OP require activation, and is it just the first link at the top with the powershell command to do so?
>>
>>102193553
I mean if you re-install Office completely you'd need to run it again.

>>102193600
Activate it with MAS like a majority of 10/11 Windows
>>
Just want to say thanks again for all the help from anons.
>>
>>102158998
>>102193558
>main pc
Firefox ESR update has ended on the first of September. May I ask what browser do you use?
>>
>>102193830
chrome, it just tells me that it cant update and nothing has changed. same with steam, says it will stop running in 0 days but aside from the rare store page script failing to load its normal.
>>
how botnet is defender's cloud submission really? can i ensure it stays off
>>
>>102193558
dear lord
>>
>>102193830
Supermium is the way to go for older Windows versions.
Google Chrome is no longer updated.
>>
>>102185249
Look up what each service is for, numbnuts.
>>
>>102194011
pretty much all realtime antiviruses are botnets
use clamwin
>>
>>102192427
I know it's probably not exactly what you're looking for, but sending Shift+F10 opens the context menu.
>>
>>102192427
Oh. This actually works:

Use Add-Type once like so.
Add-Type -TypeDefinition @"
using System;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

public class Clicker {
[DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention = CallingConvention.StdCall)]
public static extern void mouse_event(long dwFlags, long dx, long dy, long cButtons, long dwExtraInfo);

public const int MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN = 0x0008; // press down the right mouse button
public const int MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP = 0x0010; // release the right mouse button

public static void RightClick() {
mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN, 0, 0, 0, 0);
mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP, 0, 0, 0, 0);
}
}
"@

Then you can simulate right clicks with
[Clicker]::RightClick()
. You'll have to use Add-Type again if you close the Powershell window.
>>
Is there a way to setup MS office without onedrive? The download link in the OP rentry seems to download the entire suite
>>
File: 1706365074783.jpg (101 KB, 802x814)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>102186159
>I don't really get why OP pushes it as a sort of /fwt/ mascot
It might be because Shamiko's author is a PC builder and a Windows user herself.
>>
>>102195295
https://gravesoft.dev/office_c2r_links
>>
>>102195295
The massgrave index includes multiple ways to install Office, like with the Office Deployment Tool.
>>
File: 1651200871655.webm (263 KB, 720x640)
263 KB
263 KB WEBM
>>102186159
>I don't really get why OP pushes it as a sort of /fwt/ mascot.
He is doing God's work and should continue!
>>
>>102195365
>>102195366
Thanks, I'll try out the ODT. Looks complicated but this yt vid makes it easy to follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wq1jFQHYWg
I ruined a clean installation by logging into my email with outlook and then it logged into all the office apps including onedrive. fuck!
>>
why does mpc-hc have to "process" the video before playing it?
>>
>>102192427
>>102195215
The crux of it is importing user32.dll and making calls to functions defined there. mouse_event() has been superseded by SendInput(). There's documentation here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/
>>
>>102196031
at this point just use an actual programming language that supports win32 library (aka all of them)
this is basically a 1 liner in python
>>
>>102188865
Thanks for answering my question. Don't be an ass about it.
>>
>>102184686
>You don't know if the changes you made apply to every new account made no matter what.
Didn't see this, that explains it. Was wondering if another sweep on my account would be needed if by accident some Microsoft magic reverted everyting.
>>
Has any /g/reat wizard ITT found a way to get a real verbose boot in Win 10 like you could in Win 7? Did they remove that completely from the 10?
>>
>>102195808
telemetry
>>
What is recommended image viewer these days? I switched to Windows 10 LTSC and it opens everything in Paint...
>>
>>102197702
XnView or Irfanview
>>
>>102197702
I've always used nomacs as it does the job, though make sure you use the latest preview release as the current stable is years old.
>>
>>102196689
Search for "System Configuration" and enable "Boot log" and "OS boot information"
It's exactly like how you do it in 7.
>>
>>102196689
they removed that 20 years ago
>>
>>102192726
sure
>>
For laptops, is bitlocker a must or just an annoyance?
>>
>>102150393
Alright it is me, the Windows 10 Home Edition fag.

I admit defeat. There is no way to disable automatic updates in Windows 10 without downloading W10 Enterprise IoT LTSC 2021. No matter what it just keeps coming back.

Download it, activate it, run ShutUp10, Disable it in Group Policy Editor, and delete the Windows Update Medic Service in Registry Edit and you should be good.
>>
>>102198610
Basically it comes down to if you think your laptop might be stolen in a public place. If you full encrypt it with Bitlocker then the would-be thief won't be able to get into it, especially if you don't use the TPM/PIN lock and set the group policy to make it use a password/passphrase instead. You could also use VeraCrypt instead if you want something third-party.
>>
>>102159397
Anon there's an install guide in the OP

Just select you don't have a key and use the activation script
>>
>>102195355
>its trannies from top to bottom
I wondered why this general had gone to shit
>>
I have a laptop with a Ryzen 7 5800H and RTX 3070
I set my browser, Chrome, to run through the integrated AMD gpu. I also have Optimus on so the display uses the AMD gpu instead of the Nvidia.

Why does my browser constantly stutter and lag? For example, on a page with some graphics, if I'm scrolling down, it will initially hitch, before then it starts to scroll. I genuinely don't understand it, how to fix it or what's causing it. Nothing to do with temps, happpens both on or off charging.
>>
>>102198732
seething
>>
>>102199183
>he fell for the ayymd meme
>>
>>102199523
>Implying Intel is any better with its 25% fail rate modern CPUs
>>
>>102199543
>he fell for the modern CPUs meme
>>
>>102198688
I thought bitlocker uses TPM.
>>
>>102199609
>he fell for the bitlocker meme
>>
>>102199523
was this post worth the energy expended anon
>>
>>102199661
was this post worth the energy expended anon
>>
>>102199609
It does by default, but TPM encryption by itself really doesn't do much for consumers. It means that if the hard drive is removed from the computer and put into some other motherboard then it won't boot because it requires your PC board's TPM but if they don't bother taking it out then the TPM encryption is effectively useless. It's better for business environments overall.
Changing it to just using password based encryption via enabling/changing a group policy honestly makes it much more secure for a consumer PC as it means that nobody can access it without knowing the password.
>>
>>102199717
gotem
>>
>>102199729
what's the point then if the only security it provides is protection from retarded jeets in IT who dont wipe drives before sending them off for disposal and resale
>>
File: 1699531728715199.png (136 KB, 962x754)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>102199753
>>
>>102199183
>laptop
probably some power saving shit in bios
>>
>>102199543
Why do you have a modern CPU? Literally what use is any CPU beyond an i7-11700 for $200?
>>
>>102199811
>tfw find a password easier to remember then a PIN
>>
>>102199733
>>102199733
>>102199733
>>
File: 1720714052187094.png (42 KB, 886x324)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>102199971
>>
>>102199971
>he cant remember a 4 digit pin
ngmi
>>
>>102200006
>calling a password a pin
full retard
>>
>>102200006
I prefer the option in the policy that lets the "enhanced PIN" be like 256 characters long so you can just use a passphrase.
>>
>>102200061
>calling a password a passphrase
full retard
>>
> >102199523
> >102199587
> >102199658
How do we delete this bot?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.