[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: begint.jpg (75 KB, 585x680)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
If you are a /beg/inner or /int/ermediate in art, please use this thread to post pieces for critique or ask for advice.
Please stop replying to crabs, nodraws and howies and instead focus on posted works!

>STICKY:
Completed: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uwaXKU7ev6Tw_or__o8ARpUb6r2rCZYJGqwSFV9AD98
New collaborative: https://hackmd.io/UMnZVhNITW-T2wZpHw6d0Q
w/ic/i: https://sites.google.com/site/ourwici/
Hardcore: https://hackmd.io/7k0XRnIQR6SValR77TDfZw?view

>WHERE to get study materials
annas-archive.org
>>>/ic/artbook
>>>/ic/video

>Want to practice figures?
quickposes.com
sketchdaily.net
characterdesigns.com
lovelifedrawing.com
posemy.art
mangapose.com
line-of-action.com

>PYW and give your feedback
What can be improved?
Are there any resources videos or books you'd recommend to them?
Maybe a redline or a technique, be specific.
Try to reply to someone as you post your own work.

>Cool teachers
Glenn Vilppu
Michael Hampton
Steve Huston
Brent Eviston
Marco Bucci
Andrew Loomis
George Bridgman
Hikaru Hayashi

>Cool books
Keys To Drawing
Drawing With the Right Side of the Brain
How To Draw Comics the Marvel Way
The Art and Science of Drawing
Framed Perspective
Figure Drawing For All It's Worth
The Complete Guide to Drawing From Life

Previous thread: >>7291641
>>
Why does everyone always get Shrek's color wrong?
>>
>>7294140
kyss retard
>>
>>7294150
he has many layers, comparable to that of an onion>>7294150
>>
File: Screenshot_121.png (128 KB, 466x872)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>
guidelines

anyone have any favourite proportions? rule of thirds does make sense but sometimes it's cuter to move the nose and mouth up

hard to get the jaw/chin shape just right though
>>
File: practice_2.png (1.53 MB, 1240x1754)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>>
>>7294334
hide dem hands boy
>>
File: 4104.jpg (180 KB, 2048x3072)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
What to do when too lazy to render? Just draw postures.
>>
>>7294353
I'm not sure this is very useful, at least the way you're going about it
>>
>draw a simple rough sketch to map out the proportions
>stare at it for 5 minutes
>”I think this looks fine. It looks good, even. I cannot detect any problems in this sketch.”
>do the final drawing
>realize there are multiple critical errors in proportions, perspective, etc
What’s even the fucking point of sketching if I can’t even see the mistakes until everything’s done and inked?
I feel like this is part of why my progress is so god damn slow. I can’t iterate fast. Quick sketches give me no info whatsoever, I can only actually find mistakes and learn from them when I do a completed drawing. It’s maddening.
>>
>>7294358
Most of usefulness has been getting used to drawing tablet and figuring which way those shapes are. Cutting and shaping
>>
>>7294365

>get ready to benchpress, load 225
>lock in the shoulders, arch my back, grab the bar and plant my feet firmly on the ground
>realize i cant lift the barbell

Shocker.

You gotta start small and simple. makes sure youre able to draw simple forms in space consistently with same exact dimentions, then slowly add on top over time. Just like when working out, you people ego lift then wonder why there's little to no pregress.
>>
File: Persp.jpg (218 KB, 1585x4079)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
Crit please, drawing a sort of mini plane /rectangle is the best way to attempt this type of angles right?
>>
>>7294376
It's weird that many hobbies have that same mentality like you can't get better if you don't suffer greatly.
Vulgar Freudian "no pain, no gain" mentality.
>>
>>7294381
Well yeah, learning a skill is rewiring your brain by expending energy, which your brain doesn't like, hence the pain.
>>
>>7294396
You get the best progress when you push over the carpal tunnel syndrome and don't let your mind trick you
>>
>>7294381
It's more like you need to consistently be pushing yourself just beyond you capabilities to improve. Lotta people have fun drawing without developing their draftsmaship, nothing wrong with that. People here want to develop those higher level drafting skills and you do need to push yourself outside the comfort zone for that. Pushing yourself too hard is always bad, I don't think anyone will argue that.
>>
File: Untitled7785.png (2.69 MB, 1660x1616)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
don't really know how to improve just doing soulless studies
>>
>>7294456
so you don't know
>>
>>7294456
Sure. Based off your studies you are still weak in your value control, construction, form, hard and soft edges, observational skills. I mean I could go on and on. You're supposed to have a goal with a study, reflect on what you're doing right and wrong, then take what you learned and implement it into your own work. You're literally just... well I don't know what you're doing with these. They're all so random and unfocused in their purpose, are they color studies, value studies? Material studies? These all look more like copies than studies where you are biting off more than you can chew if I'm being quite frank, but we all have to start somewhere.
>>
Someone please help out this retard, I can't figure out how to change the color of my lines in Krita.
When drawing over stuff I usually use red/green, once I'm done (in photoshop) I just make a new layer, paint it black then use it as a clipping mask to the layer I've drawn in.
How can I do that in Krita? Is there a better way??
>>
how badly would I be wasting my time if I got this? I'm looking to do cartooning while learning to draw in general, so

https://mitchleeuwe.gumroad.com/l/mbwcds?layout=profile
>>
File: 3426234.png (390 KB, 800x814)
390 KB
390 KB PNG
>>7294140
drawing my cute monster waifu as warmup
more anatomy study later

>>7294456
I really like that seal painting, it's very soulful and well done.
>>7294380
Use a box, yes (3-point)
Do a thousand more of these while playing with dynamic perspective and foreshortening
>>7294610
my grifter alarm is going off
(also check out the video course general)
>>7294606
ctrl + shift + g
>>
File: breasts_1.png (698 KB, 557x1000)
698 KB
698 KB PNG
Trying to break the secret of fat anime tiddies
Not to sure about the nipples position (or the rest for that matter)
>>
SAI2 bros tell me something hidden some asian secret some random feature that isn't immediately available
>>
File: 1706633086445203.png (11 KB, 1322x209)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>7294624
>ctrl + shift + g
Doesn't work
>>
>>7294624
damn she cute
>>
Yes I know check sticky and all that but I can do that later when I have more time
For now can someone give me TLDR on a learning to draw pipeline
Already have a goal in mind, already know it will take years
It seems similar to learning Japanese which I’m also doing
Just get the basics down then after that practice every day and that’s it?
>>
>>7294606
nta, you can also do this photoshop. Just click the checkerboard. It creates an alpha lock so its like making a clipping mask without creating a clipping mask. Then just color over it.
>>
>>7294610
all his books are up on zlib and libgen
>>
>>7294652
There you go anon. Almost anything is free on the internet. Don't fall into the trap of spending money instead of mental resources. It's the permabeg mistake and an easy way to get the feel good reward without putting in the work.
>>
File: for yordleanon.jpg (519 KB, 1500x1050)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
would like some rendering tips or critique for next time
>>
File: 1721265542570098.webm (954 KB, 940x824)
954 KB
954 KB WEBM
>>7294649
AIEEEE SAVE ME NIGGERMANNNN I AM LIDERALLY GOING INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7294666
Stop treating it like a clipping mask nigger. Click the checkerboard on your line layer. It's called alpha lock. The alpha is all the invisible area that isn't your line. If you lock the alpha, you can only draw on what isn't alpha.
>>
>>7294666
they'll add this next update for sure kritasisters
>>
>>7294666
least convoluted basic feature in krita
>>
File: 1723877109531402.webm (511 KB, 908x710)
511 KB
511 KB WEBM
>>7294669
>>
>>7294677
STOP TREATING AN ALPHA LOCK LIKE IT'S A CLIPPING MASK YOU NIGGER. DON'T USE PAINTBUCKET TOOL. YOU LITERALL PAINT OVER IT WITH A BRUSH LORD HELP ME
>>
>>7294685
USING CAPS WONT HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY THE GODDAMN THING DOESNT WORK I JUST WANT IT TO WORK LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE DOES WHY DO I NEED TO MAKE A 999999PT BRUSH AND PAINT IT ALL OVER WHEN THE GODDAMN BUCKET TOOL EXISTS FOR TH IS SOLE PURPOSE I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY CANT I DO THAT THE WAY EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT WHY WHY WHY????I DONT GET IT AM I SUPPOSED TO ACTUALLY RETRACE MY RETRACE IN A DIFFERENT COLOR INSTEAD OF OVERLAYING IT WITH A DIFFERENT LAYER WHO THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A BETTER WAY TO DO IT I DONT GET IT STOP TALKING TO ME IN CAPS I DID NOTHING WRONG THIS PROGRAM IS COMPLICATED AND CONFUSING
>>
File: KYS.webm (826 KB, 1602x766)
826 KB
826 KB WEBM
>>7294692
>>
>>7294703
Also yes,, I agree, Krita is a fucking terrible program that doesn't have clipping masks one of the most used tools in literally any digital art. Alpha lock won't let you use blending modes for specific things like shadow or light. You might as well just use something else.
>>
>>7294685
Calm down edgelord, the anime community doesn't tolerate the use of that word.
Get a grip or suit yourself.
>>
>>7294703
Sure I guess I can deal with that, I suppose.
You win today little man, you win today.
>>
>>7294712
yes we do
>>
File: heh.gif (1.12 MB, 350x192)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB GIF
>>7294718
actually the more i look at your posts the more i feel like this was a troll. Especially after this one >>7294666
where you pull up 2 other programs lmfao. Let's just agree that the real losers here today are the people who unironically use Krita.
>>
drew my oc sticking a finger in a hole in his face (nondominant hand)
my hand hurts
so does my face
>>
File: ginger.png (998 KB, 1154x1286)
998 KB
998 KB PNG
i only just got my pen tablet like two days ago, still getting the hang of it, but it's not so bad right? definitely still need to do lineart head drills for my pretty anime girlies but we're taking baby steps
>>
>>
File: 26480.png (373 KB, 768x719)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>7294710
But it's free and open source!! That means it's good even doe it actively sabotages the user
>>
>>7294736
Do you mind making a timelapse? I really like your style but I'm still confused on how you do it.
>>
>>7294751
i dont think you have that many options if youre using linux so i can see why people would get so defensive over it
>>
>>7294754
do you know of any way to make a timelapse easily on procreate? Id love to when my main hand is feeling a little better
more left hand
>>
Is Krita that bad?
>>
>>7294760
It's not that bad but it's made for code monkeys not artists
>>
>>7294760
I wouldn't say it's bad, so many people wouldn't be using a "bad" program just because it's free (you can always pirate, it'll always be an option and a great retard filter). It's just rather different from what people are used to, if Krita were to be the first art program you ever interacted with it wouldn't be that much of a burden to learn.
The thing is, Krita rarely is the first program someone interacts with, and ""artists"" tend to be not the sharpest tools in the shed so even when Krita has all the features those ""artists"" need they'll still bitch and whine over it not being a 1:1 copy of their favorite (PAID AND BACKED BY A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY) software of choice.
>>
>>7294666
>>7294669
>>7294671
>>7294672
>>7294677
>>7294685
>>7294692
>>7294703
>>7294710
>>7294751
>right click layer
>group
>quick mask (ctrl+shift+g)
>clipping mask group automagically creates itself and works as god intended
>learned how to do this in less than five minutes of web searching
Now what now I say what in the sam hill is wrong with all y'all lil niggas
(Captcha: YDNTKW)
>>
File: SktchBk_22_Pg-0048.png (670 KB, 1240x1754)
670 KB
670 KB PNG
>>7294766
I've been using Krita on an android tablet exclusively for the last six months after using Artflow and then Medibang Paint for years. I have several custom brushes I made myself and have repurposed the animation feature to create sketchbook files that I can export each and every page named and numbered with the click of a button and I did this all in the GUI without looking up a single tutorial. In short, you are wrong, and additionally retarded
>picrelated- a page from my sketchbook file
>>
File: 2024-09-09.jpg (313 KB, 1250x1500)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
Testing studying with 3d models, steve huston + cylinders makes the most sense to me.

>>7294299
Lately I've been digging the proportions and silhouette of donghuas like "Hero Return" and "Since I Wasn't the Heroine".

>>7294662
Looks cool but a little too plastic, I don't like the white gaps on the tentacle overlaps.

>>7294666
you are applying black layer to all the layers, you have a background layer that is opaque so everything will turn black... create a group with the layers you want to make black, fill the top layer with black and turn on alpha lock.
Learn how to use the computer anon.
Also, the fill tool has a grow option that may be faster for this.

>>7294760
no art software is really bad, but the thing about art software is that it probably has one of the worst user bases possible, "artists" rarely know how to use computers properly.
>>
>>7294362
post a sketch. I bet it is too rough and your mind fills in the gaps for you until its time to actually fill them in physically.
>>
>>7294781
Or, hear me out, if your target audience is artists, you should develop software that has tools those artists use. But, hey, capitalism. We all know Krita being free is the only thing it has going for it.
>>
>>7294804
>>7294817
k
>>
>>7294827
Refer to the second paragraph in the post you just quoted.
>>
>>7294833
>Most programs have very similar ways of getting the result you want.
>Krita does not
>It's the artists that are wrong not the developers
>>
File: legs.png (59 KB, 1373x2229)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
I need to have the right leg be a bit behind comapred to the left one.
Is it more or less correct this way? For some reason I completely forgot how to do it when it should be easy.
>>
File: 1722689238330767.jpg (439 KB, 1600x1064)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>7294836
>you should develop software that has tools those artists use
>uuhhh y-you do have the t-tools?? well, how about uhhh... T-THEYRE NOT IN THE SAME PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!
Pathetic, what are you going to bitch about next? The default theme, that you can edit in any way you desire, not being pleasing enough to your faggot eyes?
>>
>>7294841
meant left leg be behind
>>
File: AsukaBust 9.9.24.png (2.27 MB, 3000x3000)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
Today was just bad in terms of art, I couldn't do real life studies for shit...but I had a little bit more success drawing her.

But my god, I couldn't get her iris/pupils to look right. I dunno why but every time I drew them they looked derpy and weird, until I got to this point but she just looks soulless.

Can someone help explain why her eyes look so off? I am looking at references for anime eyes but I just can't get it right.

Tbh she looks flat as hell, much like these crappy artists I used to know who tried to poorly emulate the anime/manga art style but it just looking soulless.

I can tell it looks off, I just don't know how to fix it.
>>
>>7294858
They are too close together, anime eyes are still at least 1 eye part
>>
File: example.jpg (177 KB, 940x1238)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Hey guys so I'm trying copy an artstyle because I want to draw a specfic character in the style. The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure if my thinking process is correct.

So in my example lets say I want to draw sombra from overwatch in the kim possible style. I have so many references for how characters are drawn in this style so would I need to just lock on to how a specific character looks then use only them as the model to create the style from ?

So for example I would use how bonnie looks as a the map for how sombra should look generally interms of shapes ?
>>
File: marvel.png (1.72 MB, 2850x3211)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
I'm trying to follow the Roadmap of David finch in the sticky and copy the figures in the How to Marvel Book. I'm not if I'm doing this right.
>>
>>7294863
Right, noted.

I tried to account for the perspective though.

I am bothered by her nose and just the way the eyes are drawn in general.
>>
>>7294858
>>7294866
>>7294869
You're supposed to post art, not blog post. This is not your personnel blog.
Thanks to that retard Powell we got one too many folk out here blogposting instead of drawing.
>>
>>7294876
I'm asking a question in regards to art not blogposting ffs, where else should i go to ask questions about copying a style. How am I supposed to start when i dont know how to start
>>
>>7294876
I'm explaining the issues I had prior to drawing Asuka actually to give critiquers context.
>>
>>7294876
trvth nvke
>>
>>7294870
yeah positioning the eyes is complicated in general and even harder with anime eyes since they tend to be so big, something that could help you would be like drawing an indication of the eye sockets, as for the nose maybe think of it as more of a diamond, prism shape perhaps?
>>
I have been using Krita for a long time and today I learned it is bad. so sad
>>
>>7294883
I'll have to work on that tomorrow once I redraw her.

Appreciate the advice.
>>
>>7294878
We have to cancel you and you can't comeback here. sorry
>>
>>7294876
fuck off

I just wanna know if I'm doing this figure exercise right, no need to get assblasted.
The roadmap says to learn an underwear shape for the pelvis, but the figures he recommends to copy in his youtube videos don't have an underwear shape.

The other posts aren't me
>>
File: Comica.jpg (1.43 MB, 2508x3187)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
Thoughts?
>>
>>7294893
Stop pretending to be me. You are the un-me, I'm the real me. You wanna be? Me?
>>
File: IMG_0166.jpg (502 KB, 750x980)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>7294922
podria ser mejor
>>
>>7294924
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>7294923
I want to be dead.
>>
>>7294925
doesn't even look like homegirl is holding the bag with her hand. it's like it's floating in space. also the comp/posture choice doesn't really make sense. why is the dude looking back at her while her left arm is swinging back as far as it is, she's turned away from him, looking down at her drink or the ground in front of her?
>>
>>7294934
clearly not as much as you want to be live (not a misspelling)
>>
>>7294844
Yeah rebuild the wheel buddy. Krita doesn't provide anything of value worth relearning or having to be stunted in transitioning to other softwares for. Strawman it all you want, the developers just made a shitty UI. Blender is a great example of open source and intuitive UI. Krita is not. Seethe more kirtafag.
>>
>>7294922
The turn is uncanny, like its a doll with a center mass pivot, and the chest turns around the waist snapping the spine in two. This much turn would affect the lower body posture
>>
File: zzz.png (287 KB, 1210x838)
287 KB
287 KB PNG
Studying anatomy is soul draining
>>
>>7294869
You should try shading your shapes. The purpose of the exercise is to draw volumes, not lines.
>>
>>7294980
>>7294935

What do you think of the drawing as a whole? aside from the turn
>>
krita was the first program i used and i've mostly gotten used to it by now, are the problems so bad i should consider switching?
>>
>>7294955
>Krita doesn't provide anything of value worth relearning or having to be stunted in transitioning to other softwares for.
Please refer to >>7294833. Had you read my first reply in this chain we wouldn't have to keep on this worthless conversation.
No shit Krita doesn't have all the bells and whistles, it's a completely free and open source multi platform program, and even then it fits the workflow and fulfill the needs of a lot of people. Comparing it to your cracked version of Photoshop is not only unfair but stupid.
Also I don't think I have to mention that this is /beg/, were you a career artist with meaningful accolades I'd be willing to accept that you simply cannot adapt Krita to the way you work (even then it'd probably be a matter of time investment not lack of features), but people here (me included) can barely draw a human with accurate proportions, whining about having to think for 1 more second about the position of a tool is just, again, pathetic.
Resistance to change is human but the lengths people go to justify their biased and feelings-based opinions is outright bizarre.
>>
>>7294866
Distill the common feature from the show

All girls look pretty similar, if you want to maximize the styling, just draw the closest looking character doing the overwatch cosplay, when done - alter in any direction you want.
>>
>>7294986
Alright fine we can agree Krita UI is archaic and leave it at that.
>>
>>7294984
the style is basic and the subject matter is faggot
>>
>>7294858
The eyes are recessed in the skull. Even in anime skull. You obsess over the slit shape, but you should start with just two vertical dots, and maybe a line on top of the dot for each eye to figure out the gaze/focus. Eyes are tricky, but cartoony/chibi/stick figure eye works because of cultural reasons. Capture the gaze first, then try to make it more realistic
>>
>>7294739
its good that you completed it. But technique is weak and unrefined. Start another one
>>
File: 1725886204923470.png (23 KB, 799x799)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
you fucking niggers NEED to kill yourself for derailing the thread AND not drawing
brown fucking subhumans rats
>>
>>7294999
wheres (you)r drawing?
>>
>>7294739
jaw goes back way too far
>>
>>7294662
Try to add background and ambient lighting. They seem to be wet, it would be fun if they reflected more
>>
File: IMG_20240909_044405.png (2.73 MB, 1310x2101)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>
>>7294632
such tits are not impossible
>>
>>7294456
Seal is very cute
>>
>>7294988
It's old and unwilling to change. It's like if a smartphone came out and chose to instead of having apps in a grid style have a swivel page menu or have the camera only accessible via triple clicking the side button then saying it's the other smartphones that are too stupid to learn the complexities of their system. Like no, humans just like consistency, it's not a matter of can I learn this, it's why should I learn this? Something Krita devs don't give a fuck about and why their program is what it is, and something like blender is so easy to pick up. Blender was built from the ground up trying to keep that cohesiveness between its keyboard shortcuts, menus and UI being intuitive, similar to other programs. Krita could be so much more if it followed a similar approach but it's old and quite frankly I don't think anybody wants it to change at this point. They're all too used to it by now.
>>
>>7295009
shouldnt the ear fluff inside be white? its usually white
>>
>>7294992
Gotcha. simplfy the eyes and then do the details.

can you elaborate on the slit shape and connecting the dots? Just to make things easier.
>>
>>7294984
I think it is bad.
>>
>>7294987
Thanks alot. I eventually figured something like that out after having my head feeling like it would explode
>>
File: 1720542135210469.webm (2.99 MB, 720x540)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB WEBM
>/beg/got when he realizes his favorite setting is in a different drop-down menu.
>>
>>7294999
>blogposting is le bad!
Blogposters keep this thread alive and running if you haven't noticed you tourist.
>>
>>7295014
Eye is complex, but most of the attention is on the pupil (directionality, focus) and the upper lid (agitation). Its a circle and a line. If you can place two of those in the right way, its easier to work with the rest.

For animehs the eye should be kept pretty simple. A few superfluous pixels with too much contrast would make a believable eye into uncanny makeup.

Also the entire line around the slit is almost never complete. Its not a pair of glasses with a rim
>>
>>7295013
Her hair in general is supposed to be blonde but i didnt have the color
>>
>>7295022
I'll work on that tomorrow, I'll see if I can draw more than one head shot of a character too to see if I can get the hang of it better.

Really appreciate it as it was honestly a bitch to draw and the final results just don't look right.
>>
>>7294456
define improve
>>
>>7295026
define define
>>
>>7295012
you don't need any of those features anyways, if you really need something you can learn it in five minutes. what program you use is irrelevant. Krita has probably one of the best manuals of any drawing app.
>>
File: IMG_20240909_235945.png (2.52 MB, 3000x3000)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
>>7295025
>>
>>7295029
Thanks.

Also side note, I made an error with her electrode thing on her left side. The perspective overlaps the hair when it is supposed to be behind.
>>
>>7295027
To state the meaning of a word, phrase, sign, or symbol.
>>
>>7295032
i dont get it
>>
>>7295029
I don't understand why Asuka is so popular among pre/beg/s
>>
>>7295033
not my problem :)
>>
>>7295037
>I don't get why one of the main characters of one of the most popular anime series is popular among people who like anime
>>
>>7294456
draw something you actually like, even if you're doing a study. don't just take random images. if you want to study a meme, study a meme you like. draw a person you like. etc
>>
>>7295037
Smartest person itt
>>
>>7295037
I've not seen much of her on here honestly.
>>
File: Hdd.jpg (688 KB, 3060x4080)
688 KB
688 KB JPG
>>7294885
No prob, tried drawing an example but fellow beg so not perfect
>>
>>7295037
People who have surface knowledge of anime have surface knowledge of drawing. Their taste is not developed yet.
>>
File: 1719709081639188.png (649 KB, 628x890)
649 KB
649 KB PNG
>>7295037
Its an ok subject. I'd use her for pose studies any day, if you know what I mean.

And I mean that she's nubile and lean, almost uncanny, with stupid thin and elongated mr.skeletal, almost grotesque, but also sexy in an awkward, angular, teen way.

Some of the best arts worth of copying are of asuka. Shit person tho. Maybe one day people switch to uraraka.
>>
>>7295051
>uraraka
please be bait
>>
>>7295054
She's pretty and her costume has lots of fun shapes
>>
>>7294955
NTA but
>strawman
No, that's literally what you said lmao, you 100% moved the goalposts there
>Krita is bad because it doesn't have (tool)
>Krita does have (tool) it's just done slightly different
>Krita is bad because they do things slightly different, literally unusable
>HOW DARE THEY REINVENT THE WHEEL
Funny you mention Blender because they did exactly that. Blender's UI is wildly different than industry standard 3D software UI and it's way harder to learn because the software is so complex and has a million different features jammed into it. See this guy here, a professional animator who is used to Maya, absolutely in shambles shidding and farding himself trying to to jump right into Blender https://youtu.be/X6V4JTx1Pyo?si=T9LDZa-sMCodRUUj

Krita is very simple and frankly having used GIMP, Photoshop CS6, Medibang (probably the one I've used longer than anything else), and other stuff, I don't see what's so unintuitive or "archaic" about its UI.
>Krita doesn't provide anything value worth relearning
It provides at least 90% of the functionality of every other program out there to my knowledge and its free and it also isn't even remotely hard to learn. Maybe if you weren't an autismo-tier obstinate retard who refuses to leave your comfort zone you could, like me >>7294804 >>7294817 be able to learn how to do something new within literal minutes and then get on with your day without having a melty and giving us all secondhand embarrassment.
>>
>>7295066
Krita:
>right click layer
>group
>quick mask (ctrl+shift+g)
>clipping mask group automagically creates itself and works as god intended
>learned how to do this in less than five minutes of web searching

Literally anything else:
>Alt + Click
>>
File: image-19.png (241 KB, 558x1267)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>7295037
Anchoring an asuka sketch to this, you can't stop us begs :)
>>
>>7295075
interesting bulge
>>
>>7295086
Real women have penises terf
>>
File: Troontrio.png (2.89 MB, 1079x1906)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB PNG
>>7295091
!
>>
>>7295094
Disgusting desu specially that troon in the middle with the chest hair
>>
File: 2024-9-9.jpg (333 KB, 1152x1536)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
>>7294140
I think my proportions are getting better, but not quite there yet. Feels like everything gets better very slowly. Frustrating sometimes, but if I look back a couple of weeks, I can see the progress
>>
>>7295126
You shouldn't be worried about proportions on a stylized drawing.
>>
>>7295132
nta, but stylization at its broadest is just the departure of pure conventions. but there are multiple aspects in which that can happen, proportions being but one among them; just because a drawing is a stylization doesn't mean proportions don't matter.
>>
>>7295132
Good proportions bring good balance, though
>>
File: vegetius hare.png (674 KB, 850x513)
674 KB
674 KB PNG
Weird energy in here today.

>>7294804
>>7294817
I really like these.
>>
File: 1723053988876597.jpg (2.58 MB, 2336x2482)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
I'm quite happy with this one, I hope I managed to do it a little better than my previous one.
I also apologize to all hand/footfags for the atrocities I've committed.
>>
>>7295173
This is quite nice, and I like the style
>>
File: IMG_20240910_081819.jpg (1.1 MB, 811x1803)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
My observation skills is kinda improving.... But still not good enough
>>
>>7295132
You don't know how to draw
>>
File: 1725927353577555.jpg (1.01 MB, 2336x2482)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>7295173
>>
Pixel
>>
File: 1706967929628735.png (1.98 MB, 1256x1594)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB PNG
>>7295177
Thank you fren :)
>>7295173
I'm just so drained I forgot to write it again but I appreciate any criticisms, opinions, redlines or even thoughts (you) have about my drawing.
>>7295191
Welp, I guess I failed the Keys to Drawing assignment (plumb and level), with your guides it's pretty easy to tell how wrong everything is positioned but before that I was actually thinking that the proportions were actually pretty good....I didnt really check whether everything was well aligned though...
I think I'll try measure each limbs size compared to eachother > do the rough shapes like the first image > check whether they have a good enough alignment and only then start to "really draw" it.
Also I don't know why but I made her right foot 2x bigger lmao
>>
>>7295173
could you post the ref in iso?
>>
>>7295210
Not sure what you mean by that but here's the image I used
>>
>>7295212
thank you. sorry for the lack of clarity, just meant 'in iso(lation)'
>>
>>7294632
I actually really like them tiddies, very natural look, I can feel the volume. Some women have them like that, where they sit a bit lower and heavier, good job desu
>>
File: IMG_5532.jpg (1.14 MB, 1290x990)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>7294140
>>
>>7295243
cool landing strip bro
>>
>>7295248
lol
>>
File: krita 4 silly billies!!1!.png (166 KB, 1240x1754)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>7295068
>that reading comprehension
lmaoing at ur life right now
>>
kritababs really got buckbroke by the clipping mask thing lmao
>>
>>7294922
I think trying to do the Nomura TWEWY style is cool but the lack of a background and weird composition/anatomy kinda fuck the image.
>>
>>7295278
>alt + click
This makes them seethe chat.
>>
File: 664.jpg (1.05 MB, 2560x1440)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
Hello beg, i am being productive!

>>7295278
why not simply lock the transparency?
>>7295243
nice birb. how did you achieve that texture in the wings? is this just flaws of the ink, or was this deliberate?
>>7295075
>>7294334
cute thot
>>7295009
>cropped hands away
>>7294985
i havent found better multipurpose app than krita. it is literally the best. corel painter needs 3 seconds to perform undo and CSP literally lags during painting. honorable mentions rebelle for painting and sai2 for PERFORMANCE (no lag)
>>7294981
just draw the soul
>>7294922
i am not fan of the color choices. but its all well made
>>7294739
eyes too far apart
>>7294662
add shades connecting them to the ground. well made
>>7294645
keys to drawing (observation), perspective made easy (perspective). then you have all the fundies for whatever you want next like figgies, manga, painting or whatever
>>7294632
literally just use reference and see where real life boobs have nipples
>>7294610
if you will actually spend that time drawing you wont waste time. but if you will be like typical nodraw who just watches video tutorials... it will be over for you
>>7294380
there is nothing to crab or praise. keep drawing instead of reposting same stuff twice
>>7294362
even in trad you can use layers (light table). maybe your sketch is just too light so you dont see it properly?
>>7293537
drawing horror is easy: the more deformed the more scary it gets. i want to eventually draw not scary figgies lmao
>>
>>7295331
No offense, your gpu sounds like it is ASS if you're lagging or have a delay for undo in painting software.
>>
>>7295331
pawell why don't you use a tripcode so people can better filter you?
>>
File: cirno_242.jpg (539 KB, 1650x1772)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>
>>7295341
Cirno has seen some shit.
>>
>>7295331
you're mentally challenged, retard.
>>
What are your thoughts on minimalistic drawings?
>>
File: i wanna poop.png (125 KB, 394x384)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
how do i lose virgenity . guys
>>
>>7295359
draw the vagene and rub ur weiner on it
>>
>>7295360
i nev seen one draw for me . pls.
>>
>>7295361
bold of you to imply that i of all people have seen a real one
i just told you how to lose the varginity like i did
>>
File: file.png (52 KB, 499x414)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>7295362
can u draw the vargana u losed with then. pls. i think it looks like this
>>
File: Sombra Potrait.png (8 KB, 256x96)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>7294866
>>7294987

I'm the sombra art style question anon, I actually wanted to do sombra in breath of fire 4 style, thanks alot for the help, felt you would like to see it. Also not sure if pixel art is appropriate for these threads but fuck it
>>
File: biggersombrapotrait.png (21 KB, 1792x672)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>7295370
>>7294987
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (17 KB, 394x384)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>7295359
fixed it
>>
>>7295378
HOT, thanks for fixing it, daddy
>>
File: 1697988429270115.jpg (2.71 MB, 2656x3544)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
>>7295368
sorry broskie the one i used got all wet and soggy but i left my bed and maked a new one 4 us
the vages is actually more of a rhombus but it has weird shit inside for the the impregnation
hope helps now i go back to bed so i can lose the v card again if you catch my drift
>>
File: file.png (1.17 MB, 1948x1686)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>
>>7295404
watch your proportions, anon
>>
>>7295401
so hot i wil print it impregnate it also why are you white
>>
>>
>>7295410
>>
>>7295409
im a mandingo black fella its jsut that i forgot to turn off my camera flash sorry dont forget to print in color i always forget that
>>
>>7295414
it fine thank you son i will print in blue im colordblind cannot see black
>>
>>7294758
By default every single file you make in Procreate already has a time-lapse saved and ready to export unless you turned it off. Tap on the menu at the top-left and then tap Video.
>>
File: file.png (580 KB, 570x662)
580 KB
580 KB PNG
I have a question about 30 second gestures. When a pose is very static what can you really draw? For example this pose, do you just draw a line going from the neck to the foot and maybe a couple of curves to capture the arms? I don't know why but I struggle with static poses like this.
>>
File: Screenshot_122.png (245 KB, 718x970)
245 KB
245 KB PNG
knees?
>>
>>7295462
>When a pose is very static what can you really draw?
only one way to find out. experiment, try to get as simple as you can. circles, lines, maybe boxes or tubes. one thing you can do to try to better approach certain kinds of poses is simplified gesture drawing with no time limit. it also helps us to see your results, so we can give more catered advice.
>>
>>7295462
I'm a total /beg/ but in this case id draw the way i gaze the picture, so flowing lines upwards while padding some heavyness to the butt region
>>
File: cirno day 2024.png (584 KB, 999x1143)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
>>
>>7295489
Face is unappealing, study more anime faces
Don't be afraid to add more shadows (especially in folds)
>>
>>7295503
Stfu faggot, my drawing is way better than yours. You suck 1 million dicks free of charge.
>>
>>7295531
based put that nigga in his place
>>
>>7295489
You made her look old
>>
>>7295462
I been trying to do a hour every night of gesture for the last few days. I only have 27 images in my pool at the moment. I also apologize if they are hard to see, its a rather large image.

30 seconds: https://files.catbox.moe/n2q0zm.png
1-2 Minutes: https://files.catbox.moe/zlwu9w.png
>>
File: rat-dancing-rat.gif (1.37 MB, 220x246)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>7295540
Just like yo momma
>>
>>7295551
If you want to look at non hag cirnos for reference, there’s a thead on /jp/
>>
>>
File: DSC03524.jpg (1.27 MB, 1211x2154)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>7295331
>cropped hands away
>>
File: IMG_4089.jpg (207 KB, 929x1089)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
my asian characters look like wojak. wtf. how to fix this
>>
>>7295613
yeah, you captured the "dead inside" look that wojak evokes.
>>
>>7295370
not bad. this guy does some good vids on the subject of replicating styles in pixel art

https://youtu.be/y5ZxtUBFpUw?si=LLKv1YYEbNKiGNfr
https://youtu.be/WUlgvNe4BLU?si=if9rELjlADKgSGKs
https://youtu.be/KkUXGI-emcM?si=_I3gt6k8R_yqcpns
https://youtu.be/_yglJ8gI7B0?si=bPE1CcRXSOcLa0_3
>>
>>7295531
Nah, I mog you to oblivion.
Stay bad and mad I guess
>>
>>7295613
I think its good desu
>>
>>7295640
thank you anon
>>
File: file.png (13 KB, 245x645)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>7295640
Thanks! Ironically brandon is the guy I've been following this whole time, he's taught me so much about pixel art. Hope these highlights make sense because I'm gonna animate now
>>
>>7295613
you found your destiny as a wojak artist
do not try to escape it, you will fail
>>
File: snip.jpg (99 KB, 1091x861)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (425 KB, 952x744)
425 KB
425 KB PNG
>>7295701
i feel like you drew the clothes without overlaying it on top of the body first, especially around where the torso connects to the hip area. I don't think a torso width can concave on both sides into the waist. I've heard measuring from the shortest side of the anatomy helps to line things up
>>
>>7295701
>>7295707
Further clarification, atleast with that pose, I do not feel the stomach/belly would be positioned within the width of the rib cage because the area circled is meant to stretch/curve outward not inward. hope that helps
>>
>>7295709
Take your meds, Anon.
>>
>>7295587
They don't look like hands. You'd benefit from using a reference for them next time.

>>7295613
That one pikat video about heads could help you understand what's going on. That, and iterative drawing to help you achieve a face you like.
>inb4 someone bashes me for recommending a vtuber video and not an old master's teachings
smd

>>7295569
She's too short, too bulky, and it looks like she's made of stone — that rendering doesn't make sense.
Try gesture drawing. Watch Vilppu's videos. Draw some figures alongside him. Don't skip hair and hands.

>>7295132
I hope everyone that reads posts like this have the common sense to perceive how nonsensical they are.
>>7295126
You're symbol drawing. If you aren't already, read keys to drawing.
Human faces and bodies can be specially hard and frustrating to tackle as a beginner. Try something simpler. Watch the "Just draw" video from Design Cinema.
>>
File: cute02.png (212 KB, 552x890)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
super new to this whole drawing thing so any criticism is welcome
>>
>>7295737
Use lines to convoy 3D shape and depth in 2D. Avoid straight poses and lines. You can strengthen and curve lines with multiple strokes but make them meaningful. For example I can see in her shorts you did multiple lines to bring more width but they are uneven making the form get lost.
>>
>>7295743
Thanks but I'll wait for somebody who knows what they're talking about
>>
>>7295744
?
>>
>>7295743
>you did multiple lines to bring more width but they are uneven

with uneven do u mean line thickness or uneven proportions?
>>
>>7295747
Yes
>>
File: dzds.png (118 KB, 966x465)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>7295747
I did a quick head sketch and inked it twice. The left one is done with slow, undecided strokes with multiple strokes, the right one is done with fewer, but more thought out strokes with consideration of the over all shape and line language. Which of the heads convoy form to you more?
>>
>>7295754
both look terrible, left looks thinner
>>
>>7295754
i see what you mean thanks will need more practice for the nice lines i guess
>>
>>7295760
That applies to marker type of brushes. Pencil/charcoal type of brushes are more lenient and allow more strokes to build up the line and form. Choose your tools and style based on what kind of work you want to do.
>>
>>7295503
i'll try, thank you for the input

>>7295540
to be fair, she is on her 60s...
>>
>>7295009
cute!!!
>>
>>7295731
>That one pikat video about heads
I'll try it, thanks
>>
>>7295173
I have been just tracing recently but this image is good reminder why tracing isn't good.
You didn't copy the anatomy 1 to 1 but your sketch is now much clearer than the original
>>
>>7295737
she is cute
>>
>>7295401
stop posting feet pics
>>
subconscious mcdonalds-chan
>>
>>7295839
SO CUTE
>>
>>7295551
GOTTEM
>>
File: ratemypoo.png (1.62 MB, 1620x1060)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
i did some textures
>>7295410
I think it's really good
>>
>>7295851
the rust and snowball are good! the gems(?) i think could use some more definition, too airbrushed inside I think?? like the light is hitting the left hand side but it's not as tight like in the rust and snow yknow???
>>
File: Portraits2.png (1.9 MB, 1750x1270)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB PNG
>>
nondominant hand figure studies, done six so far today, aiming for 15 and hoping my hand doesn't fall off
>>7294334
cool as always, funny when i saw you in that server
>>7295443
holy shit i had no idea, maybe i have some already then
>>
>>7295856
based ngl desu
>>
>>7295754
Holy /beg/trap
>>
I've been out of practice in regards to drawing anatomy, so I did some shape construction tracings to try and get back into gear.

The top left was done randomly, no references was used.

Is this at all effective for drawing anatomy without needing to relay on references though?

I am just not sure if I am wasting my time or not.
>>
File: Kayoko rain.png (2.94 MB, 2563x1806)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB PNG
After starting to draw digitally i started to struggle when it comes to lines smoothness and i didnt have this type of problem when drawing on paper

Is it something that will go away over time? or should i maybe use some brushes to make things less painfull? i seem to struggle the least using brushes that control opacity with pressure
>>
>>7295916
the hair needs a lot of work doesnt read like actual hair oes on your version
facial proportions dont match
hands need work
body looks a bit strange, you need more line confidence try working with a low stabilizer and practicing strokes.
>>
File: IMG_0027.jpg (1.48 MB, 1589x3600)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
Today I began my breakfast with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. With every sip, I could taste the tangy sweetness of the oranges, invigorating my senses and preparing me for a creative morning.

Orange juice is more than just a drink; it’s a burst of sunshine in a glass, making it the ideal companion for any breakfast.

Next up was my tuna sandwich, a classic comfort food. I opted for a sandwich with no crust a little indulgence that makes the meal feel just a touch more special. The filling was simple but satisfying: a blend of tuna, a hint of mayonnaise, a dash of pepper, and a sprinkle of celery for crunch.

The absence of crusts not only made each bite smoother but also gave the sandwich a nostalgic, almost childlike charm.

With my breakfast in hand, I decided to try my hand at drawing. I’m a beginner, so my drawing skills are still a work in progress, but that’s part of the fun. I grabbed a sketchbook and charcole pencils and set to work. I chose to draw a simple scene of birds somewhat inspired by my breakfast.

As I savored the last bites of my sandwich and the final strokes of my drawing, I felt a profound sense of contentment. Sometimes, the simplest things in life like a refreshing glass of orange juice, a comforting sandwich, and traditional drawing bring the most joy. It was a reminder that even in the mundane, there are moments of beauty and satisfaction.
>>
>>7295893
It should be effective, I don't think it's possible to draw something well if you have no knowledge or memory of it so it's definitely not a waste of time.You seem really anxious about your drawings though, and it seems like you're trying to absorb a lot of information at once and getting distressed when there's little improvement.

This is just my opinion, but I think you're overwhelming yourself to try and get back to the level you were at before your break. You don't have any choice but to work with what ability you have in this moment though, so I think this is just damaging your morale. If your focus right now is anatomy, I think it would be better for you to break the body into pieces and work on more focused studies. It may also be beneficial for you to try studying something you haven't before so, you can't compare it to your prior work. If it helps, I think working outwards from the torso is a good way to break down the body.
>>
>>7295923
I like your birds and enjoyed reading your post, but the brush you're using isn't very convincing as real charcoal. That sounds like a nice breakfast though so I hope that part was true.
>>
>>7295925
I appreciate this.

You aren't wrong. However I am confident I can get back to where I was relatively quickly. But it is overwhelming, and I recently came down with a mild virus which made me tired and feel terrible so this likely didn't help recently either.

I am currently a NEET and may need to get a job at some point, so I am trying to make as much progress as I can before hand when I'll have less time to draw (and I would like to do commissions properly at some point, have done 2 already but after this next one I am putting a halt to it as I am simply not ready to do them with my low confidence level...no I won't share the comms I did I don't think they are appropriate for this threaed).

I'll do one real life study today and then call it, shoulder is hurting and I am quite tired still but should be better in a day or two.
>>
>>7295916
Digital will always feel more slippery but you can adapt if you give it time. Using stability features can help, but too much will spoil your line control so you only want enough to account for the lack of tactile feedback with whatever tool you're using. You have to experiment with it. You should also take into account the ergonomics. Are you drawing flat or at an angle and how big is your tablet, are you doing anything different with your body when you draw digital as opposed to traditional.
>>
i just hope that by the time i finish keys to drawing ill be able to draw decent anime bitches
>>
File: IMG_20240910_200258.jpg (348 KB, 620x1102)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>7294140
Any pointers? >>7295928
>>
>>7295933
You're replying to a troll.
>>
>>7295916
If you using screenless tablet, wear paper on top of the tablet for better feel and traction. I'm using thick sketching paper on top of my screenless tablet.
>>
File: ete.png (908 KB, 1155x1806)
908 KB
908 KB PNG
>>7295916
>>7295919
I tried my hand at it
>>
>>7295958
I wonder if those "paper feel" screen protectors are any good.
>>
File: value matching.png (740 KB, 1078x1257)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>7295865
I think you're having some difficulty keeping track of your values. The black and white portrait seemed like the best example so I used that one. You can see here that you've painted her eye in dark just like the reference but didn't notice that several other areas of the picture match that tone and should also be dark. Comparing values that are alike will make this kind of study more successful and I think less stressful too.
>>
>>7295961
It will destroy your nibs, grinding them twice as fast, and also clogging the tip with stuff, instead of keeping the surface as clean as possible. You just have to get used to the glossy feeling. I remember at first, I even tried to stick a felt in the point of the nib, of course it didn't work, I just ruined a nib, and it didn't fix shit.
You want to fool yourself that you're drawing with a pencil in a piece of paper, wich is retarded. You're using a precision tool intended to work as a electronic device, not as a pencil wood on paper. The pencil simulation is happening on the software itself, it has nothing to do with "how your digital pen feels like"
This is like when you put those "pet shoes" to your dog or cat, and they will try to take them off, and they will walk funny till they get used to it. This is the same, you have to get used to it. That's why you modify the brush engine options, stabilization, drag, etc. You can't modify the hardware as it is already, only the software.
>>
permapresubbegletsketchwhitevoiddom
>>
One step closer to my dream
Messed up by not drawing the crotch lower and making the left arm too large but at least the breasts are about the right size and shape
>>
File: 1725984447276256.png (157 KB, 397x275)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>7295893
BOOBA
>>
>>7295972
>>7295977
awooooooooooooooga
>>
File: 1708182305992773.png (14 KB, 636x351)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Do you guys also have weird pressure curve settings?
>>
>>7295956
Yeah, I thought it was a funny.
>>
>>7295958
>>7295942
>>7295960
>>7295919
Thx a lot, i will try out all of the stuff mentioned later and see, i was getting really lost at digital drawing for days so should help
>>
>>7295707
>>7295709
She just has a thin waist
>>
File: file.png (508 KB, 1068x1043)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
first naked adult woman I draw
>>
File: a.png (405 KB, 976x814)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
wip
>>
>>7295916
Stick with one or two default brushes you like, maybe a pencil type if that's what you used before, and try not to go too crazy with all the new tools. If you're having trouble with sweat causing friction and making it hard to slide your hand across the tablet and draw straight lines, consider getting a fingerless cotton glove or some other suitable material. I just picked up some old cheap gloves and snipedy snapped all the fingers except pinky.
>>
File: 1708806141413932.jpg (23 KB, 723x336)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>a couple of days ago I finally found a brush that clicks for me when it comes to sketching
>today I find a brush that clicks for line art
yeah, I'm becoming unstoppable by the minute
>>
>>7295991
wait this is kinda fire
>>
>>7295916
You dont need to worry about line smoothness imo. It will come just as you use your tablet.

Your biggest problem is your observational skills. Make sure you're paying attention to shapes. Another anon said drop the image on top every so often. This is fine to do as long as you dont trace. Just do that, make notes of what is incorrect/off and then take it back off and correct.
>>
>>7295967
I see. Thanks for your feedback
>>
File: IMG_20240910_210313.jpg (531 KB, 689x1224)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
>>7295952
Idk it still feels a bit weird
>>
>>7295991
I looked you up from the watermark. The first clue was in your post but I missed it so thanks for having another one in your bio so I could avoid clicking it. That's not really to my taste, but this picture is really great it's super clean and has lots of appeal. If you don't already, maybe you should look into animation.
>>
>>7295999
Share them with us, faggotto-kun.
>>
>>7295991
better than your loli drawings
>>
>>7296016
Nah, it's personal preference anyways
>>
File: Untitled68.png (431 KB, 752x917)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
Wip
>>
File: acv.jpg (846 KB, 1015x3000)
846 KB
846 KB JPG
Working on this. The colors don't feel interesting enough.
>>
>>7296024
Wow nigger are you really going to blogpost and not even share the fucking thing? Kill yourself.
>>
>>7296025
very cool
>>
File: 1720263430434122.png (1.57 MB, 1748x871)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
Could someone please help me figure out how to accurately draw an anime face in black and white? I don't really know what I'm doing wrong
>>
>>7295977
Thank you!

When I drew that I thought "Lol I should draw a funny face", but I decided not to as I wanted to move on.

If you are wondering what that was, I was testing out my observation skills. I need to learn how to draw breasts properly.
>>
File: 1721038085065673.png (1.13 MB, 1920x974)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>
>>7296021
I dont agree with that
>>
>>7296060
I'm a shitter so it's blind leading the blind here, but I'd suggest first trying to get clean linework in place before doing literally anything with hair rendering or shading in general. You should be able to recognize what type of hair she has and the little bits that break the silhouette and the parts that show the direction of the hair even without any color or shading, just by lineart. Check out other artists' sketches and lineart and try to copy how they do it. You should also note that the local value (base colour without any shading) of the skin is much lighter than all parts of her hair apart from the very brightest highlight on the light, so the shade on the top part of her face should be much lighter than any shading in the hair (currently they're the same). After you get proper lineart in place, maybe just color the entire hair with a darker tone and then brighten or darker areas based on that. Similarly, for skin you only want to darken areas based on its light local value, i.e. only slightly and not as dark as the hair.
>>
>>7296080
>I need to learn how to draw breasts properly
You and me bro
>>
File: 1688853745657575.png (280 KB, 547x596)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>7296033
>Wow nigger are you really going to blogpost and not even share the fucking thing?
Yes I am
seethe and cope
>>
File: sheet sept 10th 2024.jpg (1.76 MB, 5227x5330)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>
>>7296115
I feel like the nipples should be further apart
>>
File: 1694733296528503.png (248 KB, 1189x997)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>7296101
My main issues are the eye and the expression, I really don't understand how to replicate them at all.
How would you do the linework of the eye? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your explanation, I'm really new to all this, sorry.
In picrel I changed the brush and tried to follow the color levels of the original one, looks better but the eyes are still wrong and the expression seems different.
>>
>>7296081
Say, what technique are you using for construction?

I love your style and would love to learn how you got to your level!
>>
File: ezgif-5-15a4fac10b.jpg (95 KB, 1200x871)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>7296114
>Using this shit-tier meme ON YOURSELF
Anon...
>>
>>7296157
Oh you mad
>>
File: 1UixsWcRZuCw5Xc95eSGCS.png (321 KB, 1400x1000)
321 KB
321 KB PNG
i drew a lovely horse from memory
>>
File: IMG_5584.jpg (1.82 MB, 1290x1808)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>7294140
>>
File: IMG_5586.jpg (2.48 MB, 1290x1810)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
>>7294140
>>
>>7296183
i look like that
>>
>>7296196
vaush?
>>
>Want to draw
>Try reading on how
>Every guide looks too complex and impossible to figure out
>Give up
>Repeat
What do I do?
>>
>>7296201
Suicide but don't forget to stream it, if you're even capable enough to set up a stream which seems highly unlikely.
In any case, just give up on breathing.
>>
>>7296201
Oh shit anon you're back! Think of something funnier though
>>
File: 1725791304061005.png (191 KB, 555x870)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>7296201
draw anything u want and as soon as your stuck check a tutorial on that thing rinse and repeat
>>
File: qdzqfcl5iks61.jpg (139 KB, 1080x1073)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>7296199
>>
>>7296201
try it and fail a million times
>>
>>7296201
Take it one step at a time
>>
>>7296201
You mean from absolute zero with no previous skill and experience? Do the whole Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain rigamaroo. You can ignore most of the author's ramblings but do the exercises to a T.
>>
>>7296196
oh fvck... i love yo
>>
>>7296140
I did it more like a gesture not really a specific method but you could look at Steve Huston
>>
File: Untitled_Artwork.webm (59 KB, 720x720)
59 KB
59 KB WEBM
hey anon who has been requesting my speed paints, I made one for you and am making more out of drawings I made before, I'll repost them next thread if you don't see them here
>>
File: shitty colors.png (573 KB, 1000x774)
573 KB
573 KB PNG
>>7296201
When I'm too retarded to understand the guide I just copy the pictures, I wouldn't say it works but it's better than nothing I guess.
>>
>>7296201
scott robertson (scottypoo) how to draw
>>
File: 17.png (363 KB, 1422x1072)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>
File: 11.png (467 KB, 1562x930)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>7296315
>>
File: Capture.jpg (33 KB, 548x528)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
damn this simple change is making digital painting WAY more fun. it's annoying having to use mouse whenever i need to press in menus and stuff but it makes drawing so much more fluid and smooth and you can draw from the shoulder and I just wanted to share in case anyone else might like it the same as I
>>
File: 1637051403591.png (63 KB, 428x428)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>7296315
snek
>>
>>7296315
>>7296317
your line art images are way more appealing than the ones with shading that's all the input I can give
>>
>>7296331
Yes! Cute snek!

>>7296333
I agree, I just think I'm shit at shading still
>>
>>7296327
what?
>>
File: 665.jpg (1.1 MB, 2560x1440)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
Hello beg, a tax evading furry is roaming the woods!

>>7296327
you can achieve same effect by simply zooming in on the canvas, no? also always changing the aspect ratio of tablet : monitor fucks up your muscle memory. it is like when FPS players change their mouse sensitivity. you dont want to change it without a good reason
>>7296317
the shading doesnt follow the forms of drapery. there are two strategies for drapery: references and draw what you see OR invent folds exactly so they follow the forms of the body underneath it
>>7296190
sharpen your pencil when doing the edges
>>7296060
if you dont know something, always go for reference... oh, you actually have reference. i would say you are doing okay. keep drawing
>>7296081
nice
>>7296028
easiest cheat for colors in digital is to use exotic layer modes like hard light, color dodge and then just paint over with almost transparent color and it will do the magic for you
>>7295991
booba
>>7295916
the more you draw on tablet, the more confident your lines get. pro beg tip: always practice with zero stabilizer, turn it on only for real pieces where you NEED the absolute clean lines
>>7295875
that looks like bridgman
>>7295489
soul
>>7295335
>use krita on pic with 10kx10k canvas
>no lag whatsoever
yet on same hardware some app lags like crazy. just face it, the drawing apps are not coded equally.
>>
Sketchin, trying this out more.
>>
>>7295331
>why not lock transparency
You can do that for quick n dirty stuff but if you're working on a more involved illustration then you'd most likely be better off putting that stuff in its own dedicated layers. It's more organized and harder to mix things up that way, plus you can do more post-hoc adjustment of individual elements if they're kept separate.
So say you have flat colors, you can create a clipping mask layer to paint on shadows, and then if you want you could easily change their color since they're on a separate layer from the flats. You could even take it a step further and create a clipping mask on top of the clipping mask, so that you could refine the shadow further without actually changing the shadow layer. Professional illustrators tend to use really fussy layer setups like that. I'll confess I never bothered with clipping masks ever in my life (but of course I'm no pro, I'm a seat-of-the-pants doodlemaxxer lol) but this thread got me to messing with them a bit. Very nice educational moment actually
>>
>>7296425
imagine the smell uuurrgghh
>>
>>7296247
how do you make speedpaint webms?
>>
>>
>>7294820
>>7295007
>>7295331
thanks for the tips, I'll remember for next time!
>>
File: 1726033439956.jpg (3.65 MB, 4000x4800)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
someday i'll draw a face that doesn't look like a possesed doll or a mask for occult practices.
>>
File: 63.jpg (3.29 MB, 3907x3201)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
something wrong with proportions if you wanna help - redline, please
>>
I drew this from memory thanks to fundies. I am sorry I was led astray by the boxnigger. You were always there for me.
I know it looks like utter shit but I am proud of being able to draw it from scratch by myself thanks to guidelines.
>>
File: dance.gif (193 KB, 929x777)
193 KB
193 KB GIF
Thicker leg or smaller leg /lbg/? I honestly can't decide
>>
>>7296649
Thicker leg, ass and tits that hang like cow udders.
>>
File: IMG_0256.jpg (58 KB, 829x419)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Crunching the resolution down makes painting easier and more fun for me.
Maybe I can practice this way
>>
>>7296720
>>7296720
>>7296720
>>7296720
>>7296720
>>7296720
The bucket of slops keeps rolling
>>
File: 1726033459973803.jpg (3.48 MB, 4000x4800)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB JPG
>>7296620
>>
>>7296327
As in, you change the mapping if you want to be more precise? In which case - zoom in retard.
I don't think I understand what you're getting at
>>
>>7296382
Dude I'm loving these series of pics! Really interesting "genre" or whatever this is. Keep it going!
>>
>>7296806
sauce on the girl?
>>
File: Ilustración64.png (410 KB, 1082x1039)
410 KB
410 KB PNG
>>
>>7296205
You traced that, faggot. Good taste though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.