[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/lit/ - Literature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Motorcycle boy.jpg (165 KB, 1201x841)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
Motorcycle boy edition.

Previous: >>23705825
>>
I wanna fuck, wanna suck
I wanna eat butt, wanna bust nuts
Get my dick sucked by three sluts at once
Rub one out while I sit in the back of the bus
Put the moves on your mom while she's packing your lunch
>>
I’m seeking advice or book recommendations that can help me become a more carefree person. I’m tired of being so negative and invested all the time. I want to get to a point where I approach life in an almost leisurely way, the way a painter approaches painting. You know? It’s not frivolity but it’s not work either.
>>
I lie to myself about my feelings a lot, it's probably not a good thing to do.
>>
The return of the Thin White Duke
throwing darts
in lovers' eyes
>>
>>23709864
Ecclesiastes
>>
There exists a plethora of grandiose individuals, embellishing their braggadocious nature with ostensible magniloquence, yet beneath the façade lies a sclerotic gerentocracy, acquiescing to the whims of an ochlocracy. Their lackadaisical attitude towards the sacrosanct institutions is a harbinger of consternation, as they indulge in garrulous soliloquies, replete with sophistry and propitious rejoinders.

However, amidst this ostentatious display of grandiloquence, there exists a coterie of perspicacious individuals, adept at navigating the labyrinthine rigmarole of bonhomie and quandary. They eschew the surfeit of obsequious rodomontade, instead opting for cerebration and atavistic parochialism.

Philately, the doxastic veridicality of their convictions remains unwavering, as they traverse the pons asinorum of perspicacity. Endurantists and perdurantists alike, they endure the paroxysmal anhedonia, besotted by the coquetry of philistine torpor.

Their animadversions, though mephistophelian, are tempered by a dour vituperation, countenanced by a prophylactic cussedness. Abutting the importunate stymie, they indemnify their parsimony, unmooring the sybaritic messrs from their pantomime of dolce far niente.

In this vaticinated humdinger, eudaimonic oikophobia reigns supreme, as the neurasthenia of piquancy solecism is assuaged by the perspicacious obsequiousness of the acme.
>>
Normally writing out what I'm feeling makes me feel a lot better, this time it didn't, I still feel a little shitty.
>>
I’m also looking to be less opinionated, or at least less willing to express my opinions. I catch myself recently wanting very badly to tell people close to me the things I’m thinking and my take without them asking. It’s almost like I just want to lecture them, or talk at them and want them to just sit and agree with me.

How do I stop?
>>
>>23709928
Take a vow of silence.
>>
All I ever wanted was to annihilate everything that exists
Not diseases
But the diseased monsters
Not ugliness
But the ugly
Not the blackness of my beating heart
But the beating of my black heart
Annihilate everything
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>23709852
Still baffles me how the /wg/ is restricted to fiction writers only. That’s ok, my work is above criticism anyways.
>>
I do not have a single positive trait. No notable virtues. No good deeds. All the vices are there to varying degrees, they could be expounded upon endlessly. But anything good just draws a blank in my mind. Any praise received from other people is ridiculous and superficial. A polite nothing. Must draw a blank in other people's minds as well. No one who knows me would be able to come up with anything 'good' of substance. It's amazing I have managed to live an entire life... and nothing! Although, I don't get out much.
>>
after my third massage session I feel that I almost never get depressed or too sad now.
It really seems that it's all about our bodies
>>
>>23710092
What else would it be about? I hope you don’t mistake that for something reductive like materialism/atheism.
>>
I want to have cathartic and emotionally vulnerable sex, even though I know the idea is chimeric and won't fix me.
Been reading The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, and it's a lot of fun. It's nice to be immersed in the Paris of the day, and though it isn't explicitly a comedy it's still much funnier than most books that actively set out to be funny. Many memorable scenes as well.
>>
>>23710034
join us in /crit/. wg is lost to sffg fanfic 'world building' types
>>
>>23710099
what I mean to say is that most anons here could simply get rid of their sorrows by simply going to massage sessions. No need to consult with psychologists either.
>>
>>23710109
I concur. Eat blood oranges and eggs. Take massages and walks. Never goon.
>>
I am so sick of AI analysis slop. I see it all the time on r*ddit, fuckers in the comments using AI to summarize and analyze posted articles, videos, and long-form content and think they're actually making a contribution and helping others by posting the ChatGPT summary; fuck off!
>>
>>23708687
Honestly, anon, this is all beginning to be true for me too. All of these arthoes are bisexual and have tattoos and obviously giant sluts. I'm just not interested at all. Then more normal women on the other hand just have the tendency to ignore. Dating apps are nigh impossible or at least require you to destroy your self esteem.
>>
I can do virtually anything I read
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2tsJPSJyH0
GOD MADE IT EASY ON ME
>>
>>23710137
I understand your frustration! It can be annoying to see people relying solely on AI summaries and presenting them as their own insights. This phenomenon is often referred to as "AI laziness" or "outsourcing critical thinking."

Here are some reasons why this behavior is problematic:

1. Lack of depth: AI summaries often miss nuances, context, and subtleties present in the original content.
2. Misinterpretation: AI models can misinterpret or misunderstand certain points, leading to inaccurate summaries.
3. Over-reliance on technology: Relying solely on AI summaries can hinder critical thinking and analytical skills.
4. Lack of original thought:Presenting AI summaries as one's own thoughts doesn't encourage original thinking or contribution to the discussion.

If you want to see more meaningful engagement on Reddit or other platforms:

1. Encourage original thoughts: Prompt users to share their own insights and thoughts.
2. Ask open-ended questions: Stimulate discussion with questions that can't be answered by a simple AI summary.
3. Foster critical thinking: Encourage users to evaluate and analyze content themselves, rather than relying on AI.

Remember, AI tools can be helpful assistants, but they shouldn't replace human critical thinking and original thought.
>>
>>23709864
Go to bed early and get up before dawn.
>>
File: 1723898076483421.jpg (345 KB, 1272x1650)
345 KB
345 KB JPG
Still breathing, not living, too cringe to live and too based to die
To keep keepin it real, a real man sometimes must cry
I paint with rhymes picturesque, I sing sights mellifluous
Lost in a forest dark, seek Paradiso in hellishness
Life don't ever get easier, the elders they is telling us
They say pulling shit we're pulling, surely must be felonous
I say leave those younguns be, because they don't need no schoolin
I said in that old school of life, there ain't nobody foolin
I see people in tatters, thralls to mundane matters they die
Cringe or based, you'll be equal in death: wisdom to abide by
>>
Wait, so the European nations currently have a lot of immigration, but wait, the US consists almost entirely of non-Anglo-immigrants, but wait, they got all their immigrants after implementing a liberal constitution, but wait, Europe only started getting immigrants after getting a liberal constitution.... HOLY SHIT
>>
>>23710153
kek
>>
>>23709887
Translation?
>>
rip alain delon
>>
>>23710454
>It's real
Shit :(
>>
It's 8:30 pm and I am lying in bed trying to fall asleep.
>>
WHY?! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO WITH THESE JEZEBELS? My one single wish is to be left to my own asexual devices, free from the thorned grip of perverse tempation, unclouded or swayed in my noble search for intellectual playthings of the mind, yet by your hand I am endlessly titillated by these vixens with their prodigious hips and provocative figures. Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will these hands ever feel a woman's swaying weight in their open palms? Will I ever know a plump, ruby pair of lips perched betwixt my shoulder and my ear, whispering "I want you, I want you now" in that chocolatey croon I know so well from dreamtime? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole, indicating the completed unity of our unhinged sexual impulses?

Life is a constant hell. Day in and out the tired red eyes glaze in some attempt to shield me from these images. I am floating in the blistering heat of my id's vacuum, castrated and blinded by my wretched libido. No wonder I resent women so.
>>
A sea of morons to crown a king, a moron king to crown the people
>>
>>23710514
dude just fucking jerk off and move on, no need to get so fucking dramatic
>>
I have been noticing a jump in trad cloth posters recently, I guess they are trying to form a "Christian" alliance to get latino and eastern euro poor votes. Honestly its saddening to see how the well has been poisoned via such ideological discussions. Thirdies and zoomers destroyed internet culture.
>>
Is there a bigger NPC signal than having a PhD?
>>
>>23710616
Having a quest marker over your head
>>
>>23710236

Immigrants are the least of Europe's problems.
Don't get me wrong, it is a problem to have illegal economic migrants abusing refugee protection laws.

But, in terms of the reasons why Europe is falling behind, it's not really the immigrants. If anything I'd dare say they are helping Europe stay afloat.
>>
>>23710606
What sucks is that they are all posers.
They are like that JD Vance guy.
Grew up in a broken home and has no clue what a real family looks like.

I don't care about your trad posing. If your ass grew up in a broken home, I'm staying the hell away from you.
>>
>>23710616
Being a centrist whose motivation for being in the centre is because they are the majority opinion.
>>
I think I'll write something erotic, because if Houellebecq can why shouldn't I. And that the only way I can sleep, anyway. These thoughts.
Today was bad, I felt the stickiness from the heat, was such a loser, talked too much, I bet everyone hated me. One should not interfere with others when unasked, and I break this law again and again. And worst, I felt this retarded, cowardly smile on my face, this uncontrollable thing I do when uncomfortable, I couldn't wipe it off.
Then I got to the apartment and let the water wash all the unimportancies. And made salad, and ate soup, and read. And was not quite so full, I like it because this way I can think about him unashamed.
It's "him" though there will never be him. No man will pop into existence just to be mine. He's not laying in bed right now, relaxing from the day. Or worse, crouching in some filthy tank, trying not to die. He'll never exist. Nobody I respect will ever want me. Sometimes this fact is too obvious and it ruins everything. But the power of delusion is great. I can imagine he likes the short stature, it makes him feel bigger. I can imagine he likes the body, the arguments, the fights. I can imagine him deciding for me. And joking. And instructing. Gee even when explicitly trying to write degenracies I fail. I can imagine the weight pinning me down. And the hands. But only hardly. Here my imagination fades. Everything turns grey. I try to cling to the feel of the hands unclasping my bra, but my inner common sense laughs at me.
Nearly as bad as the fantasies in which he instantly recognizes the cover of the book you hold and just understand you must be his, it says. Sometimes I do hate myself.
Come on dreams, save me from this night.
>>
Head like a hole
>>
>>23709862
easily my favorite Neil Young song.
>>
>>23710669
> If anything I'd dare say they are helping Europe stay afloat.
lol
Try looking up unemployment rates sometime.
>>
Sometimes when I get buyer's remorse for making a large purchase I think "Would I have the same remorse if it had cost half?" and I realize I wouldn't, so then I think to myself what I really spent is 1/2 the amount I think I spent and I think hey that's not so bad, I didn't waste $300 which sounds really bad, I wasted $150

I think I'm supposed to convert to Judaism or something?
>>
The biggest black pill in America is realizing you’re caught between mouth breathing illiterates on the right and dysgenic pseudo-intellectuals on the left, with absolutely nobody competent or dignified to fix anything for anyone anywhere.
>>
>>23710606
>>23710676
Newfags
>>
>>23710625
Underrated
>>
>>23710092
It’s actually not. The physical massage did nothing to you. What actually worked was having a person invest time and attention and effort into you and having someone who, even if only for an hour, cared about your well being and wanted you to be well the touch is just means by which that was transmitted. The biggest problem we have today is that we don’t even like each other. We are in constant competition and basically don’t want the other to succeed. Even parents approach their kids this way.
>>
>>23710845
You know fuckall about massage and how it works
>>
>>23710852
I know nothing. That’s how I’m able to know everything.
>>
>>23710891
That makes zero sense
>>
thinking of keeping a media journal. writing about the songs I currently like, the games, movies, books. filofax notebooks look beautiful to me but im afraid the pocket one might be too small for my ambitions
>>
File: 1724015117325725m.jpg (96 KB, 697x1024)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
cant stop oscillating between feeling comforted by the idea of death and being utterly horrified at the concept of being consumed by the void of non-experience
>>
>>23709852
Why is the anti-sex league a thing in 1984? Wouldn't it make more sense if the government drowned people in sex and other pleasures, thereby making them less revolty?
>>
>>23711076
They do exactly that... for the Proles. Reminder that Winston and Julia are not "average joes" outer party MEMBERS, in the top 10% or so of Oceanian society. They're effectively the middle class elite of tyranny, and that's why they're so monitored and controlled, because they have education, organizational capacity, and knowledge of how the state bureaucracy functions, but aren't high enough to be more invested in keeping the INGSOC system as is around than in changing in. The socioeconomic class that comprises the outer party is the one responsible for inciting most revolutions in history; the lower masses actually don't lead successful revolutions, at best they erupt into rebellion and get co-opted by middle and upper class elites for their own ends
>>
I've made the decision that I'd rather be skinnyfat than give up ice cream
I will not forgo eating ice cream 3/4 times a week to be in better shape
>>
>>23709852
Kind of a downer thought, I lost the will to abide by societal standards because they've lied to us so much it all seems fake now
>>
Going to the mall again to read at B&N and walk around while listening to music, feel free to come and meet up... :(
>>
>>23711164
Sugar is more difficult to quit than alcohol and tobacco (because you can't quit eating food altogether, so there will always remain some temptation), but the cravings shrink to governable proportions relatively quickly. Instead of eating ice cream, return to monke and treat yourself to a daily banana. They are an excellent source of potassium.

https://youtu.be/x56D5kzSDFU
>>
>>23711241
Furthermore: https://youtu.be/w1Oo84eI8gY
>>
File: Stare.jpg (58 KB, 976x850)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
I hate that my country has such shitty internet, I think if I had three wishes I'd actually waste one of them on better internet.
>>
It might sound strange but one of my big regrets is not moving to New York after high school or college and trying to make it as one of these kind of fake and phony MFA type writers that hang out in Williamsburg and I guess Dimes Square or whatever. It would’ve been totally fake and gay but it would have been a good experience to look back on. I really only have two, maybe three, regrets and that’s one of them.
>>
>>23711280
>his life's dream was to hang out with daddy's money faux communists and 'safe edgy' podcasters
jesus anon
>>
>>23711214
Which mall?
>>
>>23711289
I didn’t say it was a life’s dream and I don’t even know my dad so no money from him unfortunately. I became an academic instead, which is basically as lame as it gets already, but is made even worse by the fact that I’m stuck in adjunct hell and teaching for online colleges.
>>
It's pretty morbid, but ever since my brothers died my life has become so much better. Their addictions and problems used to drain the life out of me. I used to be so busy and exhausted, always being on call to support them. I used to drink very heavily. Now they're gone I have so much more time and energy. I'm taking better care of myself. I'm investing time and energy into positive figures in my life. My friendships are flourishing, my work and academic performance has increased. I don't just sit around all day getting drunk anymore. They caused so much damage to everyone around them. I'm not even half the man I could be if not for their negative influence
>>
You ever notice that these PUA type podcasters like Rollo and that guido looking guy he does stuff with have a lot to say about getting women but they hang out with the most busted trashy looking girls?
>>
>>23711298
There are guys out there who genuinely respect people like Rollo. It's a sad world, mad, Rollo might be the biggest retard in the world.
>>
Had some thunderstorms last night and I suppose this evening we're suppose to have some more rain. I'm going to chill out after my walk around for 5 miles just playing some TOTK since I got the dark tunic.
>>
A psl god has died. Im sad
>>
>>23711294
Man, it must be hard to be an academic if you can't even parse shitheaded 4chan replies
>>
I lasted a lot longer than I thought I would and I had a lot better control than I thought I would have when I got my first blowjob. I was 15 at the time, still pretty impressed with myself.
>>
>>23709852
I wish I had a boyfriend. Too kiss his soft lips, run my hands through his hair, hug him, rest my head on his chest. Oh God I'm lonely...
>>
My thoughts and pursuits are too cool to talk about, it's just nonstop bad ass stuff
>>
>>23710721
nine inch nails!
>>
>>23710430
This comment is a complex and satirical description of a group of people who:

- Appear impressive and important but are actually shallow and self-serving
- Use big words and pretentious language to hide their lack of substance
- Are careless and dismissive of important institutions and values
- Are overly talkative and use clever-sounding but meaningless phrases
- Are part of a system that values superficiality and crowd-pleasing over genuine thought and action

However, the comment also notes that there is a smaller group of people who:

- See through the pretenses of the first group
- Value genuine thought and action
- Are careful and thoughtful in their words and deeds
- Are not swayed by superficiality and crowd-pleasing

The comment uses a lot of complex vocabulary and satirical language to make its point, but ultimately it's a critique of superficiality and a praise of genuine thought and action.
>>
>>23710714
women can't understand houellebecq, stop larping as a male loser. read plath or something.
>>
>>23711441
I'll be your smeagol if you'll be my Precious. (Ring, a circular object for... bah! I don't need to explain)
>>
I misplaced my book and now I can't find it. Back to scrolling on /lit/, I guess.
>>
>>23711452
Nah, I think there can be a chick houllebecq. There are already male sally rooneys writing about being incels and terminally online "ennui."
>>
File: 1723613146090528.jpg (39 KB, 602x363)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>23711452
I was reading a novel by Houellebecq on campus once and a woman came up to me and asked what I was reading. You can imagine how that went.
>>
Currently have my shirt in the bathroom sink covered with vinegar and baking soda, let's hope this works.
>>
>>23711520
How it went?
>>
Do lesbians still seek and enjoy male attention?
>>
File: m9.png (228 KB, 500x487)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>eat high fiber meal that doesn't give me the shits
>wait for it to become shit
>don't shit it out yet
>eat terrible meal that will give me the shits once it becomes shit
>no time for it to become shit yet
>immediately get the shits, transmogrifying the non-shits shit into shits shit
>>
File: IMG_20240818_190829_184.jpg (89 KB, 1170x636)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>
What's the story where the guy is fucking his motorcycle?
>>
>>23711290
Sorry I just got home. Clackamas mall by Portland, OR.
>>
Mi Goreng is the way to go, this shit is so good.
>>
>>23709852
All the suffering in the world and you expect God to answer you, of all people?
>>
>>23711891
I refuse to just give up. I still have hope.
>>
I feel like The Crow
>>
>>23711931
Why
>>
>>23711942
That's just the way I was raised. I grew up with my nose in books, and they never ever gave up hoping for the best. Even when all seems lost, when everything is the worst it has ever been, I refuse to give up hope.
>>
>>23711953
Good for you then
>>
oh mein lord how am I going to download books when libgen is down
>>
>>23709852
There should be a "This post is about irrelevant X.com garbage" report option.
>>
>>23709852
I can save her
>>
>>23711969
She doesn't want to be saved
>>
is it corny to write under the name P.P. Pants
>>
>>23711972
Just make sure what you are writing is tonally appropriate to that pseudonym. Just don't attempt to be taken seriously or write serious stuff in general.
>>
any of you published anything on literotica? might fuck around and try to write a couple pages.
>>
>>23711972
for me, it's I.B Cumming
>>
>>23711891
What, the infinite and eternal entity that created and maintains all of reality can't find time for an individual person?
>>
>>23712066
More so that other people deserve the help more than I do yet I still ask for it anyway. I'm also a grave sinner. I know that all are sinners but I have subjective familiarity with myself so I know who wretched I am. It makes me wonder why God would bother with me. I know what the answer to that question is but I haven't internalised it
>>
>>23711971
it can be so easy to let go.
>>
What survived from antiquity survived despite christianity, definitely not because of it. Nothing will change this fact.
>>
>>23712134
You're just looking for a rise from someone
>>
>>23712136
No, really, there are people who unironically say that we should be thankful because le monks preserved antiquity. But that would be like thanking the fire for not being able to burn to ashes every single piece of furniture in a burnt down building. Do these people know just how many works of antiquity were preserved in one palimpsest copy because the fucking christians needed one more copy of their jewish fairy tales? How much of Cicero was saved only by pure chance, how much of antiquity was obliterated for not conforming to the whims of the god of abraham?
>>
Wanna make out with a wwoym femanon
>>
>>23712117
All have sinned and the wages of sin are death. All have fallen short of the glory of God. None is righteous, not even one. Everyone is worthy of damnation. That's what makes God's grace so special. We are all equally in need of redemption
>>
>>23712150
There's no such thing. Go to /atoga/ if that's what you want.
>>
Really, the only good thing the enlightenment did was destroying christianity. If only it could have happened sooner.
>>
>>23712151
Yeah, it's just tough when on some days you remember how cooked you really are.
>>
>>23712175
You're not cooked at all. God has forgiven you of your sin and given you new life.
>>
It's not a midlife crisis. I don't think I even believe they exist. If anything it's a rerun of my late 20s, just without the high energy and fearlessness. Don't get lost this time.
>>
Why shouldn't I just kill myself? Why shouldn't I just do it already? I clearly don't belong around other people. At home, at work, online, in public, with family, it doesn't matter. Somehow I find the course of action best suited to alienating people and causing trouble. I could take the elevator to the top floor of my apartment building right now and fly away. I would cause trouble for those who would have to clean up my body and clean out my living space and arrange for my funeral, but after that, no more. No more introducing extra workload at my job by making poor decisions, no more disappointing my parents, no more failed relationships with people who discover that I wasn't what they wanted, no more bothering strangers on the street with my presence and ugly visage, no more taking up resources that could go to someone else, no more living as an unwanted, extra person.
>>
>>23712232
Read Camus
>>
>>23709928
>How do I stop?
stop. had same problem. catch yourself and just listen instead. shut up and listen.
>>
>>23712242
Will acknowledging the absurdity of existence make it less painful when people drop me out of their lives for reasons I do not understand again and again?
>>
>>23712260
have you tried understanding?
>>
>>23712260
What do you not understand about absurbidity? You're still trying to reason out the unreasonable. Look into Miguel De Unamuno. Just being is worth enough.
>>
>>23712263
No of course not anon, every time this happens I just shrug my shoulders and never think about my actions again.
>>
>>23709852
I have done nothing and now I am suffering the consequences of my own inaction. how could this be happening to me?
>>
>>23709852
>Motorcycle boy.
Nice day for a rumblefish. Fuck off back to >>>/tv/
>>
>>23709928
Yeah, what >>23712255 said.
I keep a lot of my thoughts to myself for an easier life. You’re not gonna win everyone over and you’re gonna end up lonely if you push everyone away with things they don’t want to hear. I know it might be frustrating, but that’s just the way it is. If you’ve already done some pushing you might need to reach out and apologise - a guy I work with had to do that recently because he realised after the fact that he was pissing everyone off with unwarranted opinions and on reflection he also realised some of the shit he was parroting was patently false and wildly biased. He gained back a lot of respect for being mature and realising his fuck ups but he has permanently damaged his reputation, so be careful with how you’re carrying yourself.
>>
File: bochi.png (143 KB, 639x531)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
Years ago, when I was in my late teens and early twenties, I would write things, fanfics and also original fiction, and then I'd read it for myself and be unimpressed. I found my own writing bad, frankly. It was a chore for me to get through and I knew it. I couldn't delude myself; my own taste was too good. I was a bad writer.

Now, when I'm in my mid-30s, I have grown and developed, and I can read my own writing and find immense pleasure in it. I've gotten better. I think I may actually be a pretty good writer these days. I've gotten about a dozen poems and several short stories published, too, so at least some people in the world agree with my assessment of my own talents.
>>
>>23712312
Share something
>>
>>23709928
>>23712311
I had the same problem, it's probably a common problem for politically oriented anonymous cavepeople.
One maxim really stuck with me and I keep it in mind always, I may get it tattooed on me: "speak, only if what you have to say is better than silence."
>>
there's still time for one more drink before bed.
>>
>>23712313
Was doing some editing work on this very section tonight. It's part of a very big sci-fi story I've been working on for a while.
>>
there's time for 2 drinks before bed actually
>>
>>23712311
Thanks for the backup, this is just a common problem I assume, I had come to realize how often I cut people off while talking and how annoying it must feel, it's fine to make up for it even when you keep doing it by just going "sorry, I cut you off"

>>23712319
I like that phrase anon, I hadn't put it quite like that but it sounds real nice.
>>
>>23712339
Would you like any feedback or do you just want me to say nicely done?
>>
>>23712352
Tell me what you see.
>>
File: file.jpg (72 KB, 648x1000)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>23710735
I think what he means is that imported labor keeps their economies sustained, maybe not "fixing" it but preventing it from crashing right away. It's almost like the leading countries are bleeding themselves dry, and migrants are a blood transfusion from an incompatible blood type. It may help for a while but eventually you'll start rejecting that and die anyways. Who knows! I'm really not sure.

>>23710139
dont use those

>>23709928
read this <
>>
File: file.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>23710430
translation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG_Av1TmGUA
first half is the politician and the second half is the guy that says "he didnt say anything"

politicians dont say anything, because they dont believe in anything. they benefit from the status quo and just keep it going, even if people want things to change, the most the suits will do is SAY they also want things to change, but they don't.

you realize this when you come to the only sane conclusion: if they wanted to, they would, because they can, and they don't.
>>
>>23712355
I think you are a good writer, your dialogue flows naturally and smoothly, that is the strongest element of your piece. There were some areas where I felt like the characters were spelling it out a little too much for me. Such as the part where Arius says "revenge is one of the things keeping you going." When I read that it felt like I was being told a little too much, too directly.
Otherwise, though, nicely done. It can be difficult to write dialogue that feels natural, you've done a decent job.
>>
Man, drawing is hard. I can see why every artist I've tried to collaborate with ghosted on me
>>
I see so many people around me, my peers, experimenting with drugs. I have always seen this as a fault (they are unable to explore alternate states of mind through effort, so drugs are used as a lazy crutch). I'm not so sure anymore. I've reread Kafka's "the Hunger Artist" numerous times over the last year or so. My personal takeaway from the story is that I take too much pride in denial of self. I don't indulge like they do and take offense when people assume I do. My denial may come from a place of fear or lack of appetite; in which case it is nothing to be proud of.
>>
>>23712232
>Why shouldn't I just kill myself?
Because then life just ends and it's over. You bring up all the bad things but neglect the good things, that's a deliberate act. You fail to acknowledge that as much bad as there is, there is also good, because without one there isnt the other. Anon is right, read Camus, read >>23712359
>>
>>23712372
Oh, well, see, that's Arius telling us and ALSO telling Marin something she doesn't like about herself. He's picking at a spiritual wound, making her aware of something she probably already knows about herself but goes out of her way to avoid. Because it destabilizes her and makes her unsteady and that makes her easier prey for Arius' manipulations.

Glad you liked it. Have some bonus content from earlier in the evening.
>>
>28
>completely bald
at least I'm not overweight bros (im obese)
>>
>>23712468
Luscious, pink, pale and pine-straw scented elven soles... plzzzz... i must kiss... my precious... kiss...
feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...
>>
>>23712468
You could become a fetish model.
>>
>>23712468
>32
Norwood 3 (was a Norwood 2 at like 18)

Weird kind of feel, I thought it was completely over and then it just stopped. Maybe the rapid hair loss was a product of my late teen angst, "depression" and diet as I was in quite a state. I never really cared as I had too many other issues but now that Ive straightened most of the rest of my life out, I might go see a doctor for the hair loss. I don't know how to get a doctor, never had one. Like how do people choose which doctor? Just randomly then change if they dislike them?
>>
>>23712504
Got my first customer right here >>23712498

based lit helping me leverage my physical deficiencies into thriving business opportunities
>>
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
>>
And if you ain't a ho, get up out my trap house
>>
>>23711241
I don't want a piece of fruit, I want ice cream
>>
Whenever somebody starts to whiggishly argue along the lines of present western society being superior in this or that regard to older states of western society I wish I could ask them whether that could truly be said to be the case when those societies could perpetuate themselves and their culture generation after generation, while for us the possibility of those things seem to sink under the horizon faster and faster by the day. You can't logically consider yourself a superior society when you can't even manage to achieve the two most basic goals of any society.
>>
sitting along watching youtube drinking beer
>>
>>23712800
I mean alone, oops
>>
File: living was the best.png (869 KB, 1920x1080)
869 KB
869 KB PNG
What is it like being able to connect with another person, be it platonically or romantically. I do not know.
>>
>>23709852
The unfortunate thing about the spirit of the age is that most people feel the need to rope everyone else into their cause. This includes the hysterical moralists and such. "No, I cannot just be a moral ascetic in a mountain, I NEED to have everyone abide by my principles and my laws!".
Spengler had it right when he thought of Ethical Socialism as a concept.
>>
File: 1717947221433242.jpg (51 KB, 720x710)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
Maybe becoming the stereotipical manchild just existing to watch the next super hero movie, eating cereal fro breakfast and drinking cookie flavoured alcohol is the only way to survive in the modern western world. Capitalism has forever lifted the vale which was over religion, politics, art and morality and proved they are just carnal. Locking yourself away or drowing yourself in intoxication are really just born out of the same distress. I don't know how I can have strong beautiful believes one way or another when going outside and just dipping my toe in the urban mire proves them to be false. There is nothing devine about people or their creations.
>>
File: 1721724535450847.jpg (74 KB, 819x1024)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
does anyone have any recommendations for some essay books? but nothing cringeretarded like commie or nazi shit
>>
>>23712851
I've been feeling kind of similar.
As long as you have your shit in order, who cares if you're a manchild at heart? I used to be very against this materialistic mindset and the people who seem to live for video games or movies, but as I get older I kind of get it.
There doesn't seem to be any other end point in this life. There's no hidden wisdom in denying yourself pleasures.

The people who really live and die by their video games/movies maybe have a problem. But to someone who knows it's all bullshit but they just love it anyway, I don't see why they would ever change their ways. What's to gain?
>>
>>23712875
A good example are the Costco Guys.
Internet is filled with people cringing at them, saying how embarrassing they are and how their lives seem vapid.
But I like the Costco Guys. They seem like a tight family who knows what they like, going to Costco and ordering a chicken bake.
They also bond by making these tiktoks.
The only critique you can give is that the kid is fat, but other than that they seem infinitely more fun and healthy compared to the seething losers online.
>>
Perhaps it is the lack of pretension to any audience beyond people already into japanese media that makes the kitschiness and the lowbrow aspects of most anime, JRPGs and manga palatable. The sincerity of their vulgarity and their deliberate specificity absolves them of the loathing and suspicions of commercial cynicism that people reserve for works of that nature most of the time.
>>
Why am I not attracted to Latinas?
>>
>>23713122
I'm the opposite, I love latinas and also asian chicks
>>
I came across this idea of the masculine vs feminine concept of truth from a lecture. I wanted to make a thread to discuss what it means or books that deal with it but I chickened out.

I ought to think about this more because the implications seem somewhat profound but I don't know where to start.
>>
we outside
>>
>>23709852
idk if im too mentally ill to make it as a writer. nobody will understand my thoughts and feelings because im not like them. already most people look at me like an alien.
>>
>>23712875
>There's no hidden wisdom in denying yourself pleasures.
hah
>>
>>23713344
Do tell, what hidden wisdom did you find from not watching low brow movies and such?
>>
>>23712155
There are at least two women who regularly post in these threads.
>>
>>23713377
that i was a fool to ever be captivated by unreality, esp the unreality of low brow entertainment. do you want to be 40+ still getting hyped by the media treadmill?
>>
I read Gullivers travels
It wasnt that great
>>
>>23713416
>do you want to be 40+ still getting hyped by the media treadmill?
What's wrong with getting excited for a new movie?
Like I said, if the rest of your life is fine, what exactly is the problem here?
What should excite you at 40? Going to church?
>>
>>23713427
you're supposed to outgrow entertainment, as a man. if you're 40+ still getting hyped for the new pokemon, your life is not "fine".
>>
>>23713434
>you're supposed to outgrow entertainment, as a man
You're trying to pick a fight on the internet lol
>>
>>23713434
You've failed to explain why.
>>
>>23713251
>abrahamic
is this curt doolittle or something? I asked this fag to address how secular research on how the Catholic Church changed kinship structures in Europe and he has yet to reply.
>>
>>23713446
you think you're content, but you're just placated. as you get older you grow a taste for restraint and capital r Reality. an animal is more wondrous than any manmade thing. are you going to fritter your life away watching pretty people playing pretend?
>>
>>23713474
>are you going to fritter your life away watching pretty people playing pretend?
Clearly said multiple times now that your life should be in order.
If it's going well, what exactly is wrong with watching movies as a pastime?
And how is it any worse than wasting your 20's on 4chan? If anything that's worse.
Stop the cope, you can't make an actual argument against it.
Not everybody likes to spend their free time reading some tomb from the 1800's. Not everyone is impressed by some French cinema from the 50's.
And you have a hard time making the case that they should.
>>
>>23713490
do what you want, but everything is a food, and consuming frivolous, unreal things will corrode your internal model of reality.
>>
>>23713514
You say that as you're on 4chan, a place that is largely inhabited by people who have their minds so twisted by propaganda.
What do you think this does to your 'internal model of reality'?
Stop the cope, you're no better.
>>
>>23713520
i barely come on here anymore and after this exchange i never will again.

because it does corrode your model, i've outgrown the tone of online discourse, it's like some provisional, lower resolution sub-reality that all goes poof as soon as reality 1.0 asserts itself again.
>>
>tfw your shit so thicc you get an erection
>>
>>23713531
Bye faggot, till never.
>>
>>23713540
goodbye
>>
>>23713514
>consuming frivolous, unreal things will corrode your internal model of reality.
My washing machine broke today and I'm getting high to jazz and randomly spouting Mayakovsky to myself to see if that fixes it. I think I might read Brautigan's Homage to the YMCA to the washing machine later, if things get desperate. Your internal model of reality will never be so fine. Try some fairytales before it's too late.
>>
>>23713122
When I was young Latinas seemed particularly hot, now they look just generic.
>>
>>23713531
>i've outgrown the tone of online discourse
Really? Because you've been nailing that tone this whole time
>>
>>23713554
Dude so random lol! Hail Eris!
>>
>>23713569
Poetry's the purview of the muses
>>
>>23713576
FNORD!! lol
>>
>>23713589
Homage to the San Francisco YMCA by Richard Brautigan

One upon a time in San Francisco there was a man who really liked the finer things in life, especially poetry. He liked good verse.
He could afford to indulge himself in this liking, which meant that he didn't have to work because he was receiving a generous pension that was the result of a 1920s investment that his grandfather had made in a private insane asylum that was operating quite profitably in Southern California.
In the black, as they say and located in the San Fernando Valley, just outside of Tarzana. It was one of those places that do not look like an insane asylum. It looked like something else with flowers all around it, mostly roses.
The checks always arrived on the 1st and 15th of every month, even when there was not a mail delivery on that day. He had a lovely house in Pacific Heights and he would go out and buy more poetry. He of course had never met a poet in person. That would have been a little too much.
One day he decided that his liking for poetry could not be fully expressed in just reading poetry or listening to poets reading on phonograph records. He decided to take the plumbing out of his house and completely replace it with poetry, and so he did.
He turned off the water and took out the pipes and put in John Donne to replace them. The pipes did not look too happy. He took out his bathtub and put in William Shakespeare. The bathtub did not know what was happening.
He took out his kitchen sink and put in Emily Dickinson. THe kitchen sink could only stare back in wonder. He took out his bathroom sink and put in Vladimir Mayakovsky. The bathroom sink, even though the water was turned off, broke out into tears.
He took out his hot water heater and put in Michael McClure's poetry. The hot water heater could barely contain its santiy. Finally he took out his toilet and put in the minor poets. The toilet planned on leaving the country.
And now the time had come to see how it all worked, to enjoy the fruit of his amazing labor. Christopher Columbus' slight venture sailing West was merely the shadow of a dismal event in the comparison. He turned the water back on again and surveyed the countenance of his vision brought to reality. He was a happy man.
"I think I'll take a bath," he said, to celebrate. He tried to heat up some Michael McClure to take a bath in some William Shakespeare and what happened was not actually what he had planned on happening.
"Might as well do the dishes then," he said. He tried to wash some plates in "I taste a liquor never brewed," and found there was quite a difference between that liquid and a kitchen sink. Despair was on its way.
(1/?)
>>
>>23713598
>>23713576
He tried to go to the toilet and the minor poets did not do at all. They began gossiping about their careers as he sat there trying to take a shit. One of them had written 197 sonnets about a penguin he had once seen in a travelling circus. He sensed a Pulitzer Prize in this material.
Suddenly the man realized that poetry could not replace plumbing. It's what they call seeing the light. He decided immediately to take the poetry out and put the pipes back in, along with the sinks, the bathtub, the hot water heater and the toilet.
"This just didn't work out the way I planned it," he said. "I'll have to put the plumbing back. Take the poetry out." It made sense standing there naked in the total light of failure.
But then he ran into more trouble than there was in the first place. The poetry did not want to go. IT liked very much occupying the positions of the former plumbing.
"I look great as a kitchen sink," Emily Dickinson's poetry said.
"We look wonderful as a toilet," the minor poets said.
"I'm grand as pipes," John Donne's poetry said.
"I'm a perfect hot water heater," Michael McClure's poetry said.
Vladimir Mayakovsky sang new faucets from the bathroom, there are faucets beyond suffering, and William Shakespeare's poetry was nothing but smiles.
>>
>>23713602
>>23713589
(3/3)
"That's well and dandy for you," the man said. "But I have to have plumbing, REAL plumbing in this house. Did you notice the emphasis I put on REAL? Real! Poetry just can't handle it. Face up to reality," the man said to the poetry.
But the poetry refused to go. "We're staying." The man offered to call the police. "Go ahead and lock us up, you illiterate," the poetry said in one voice.
"I'll call the fire department!"
"Book burner!" the poetry shouted.
The man began to fight the poetry. It was the first time he had ever been in a fight. He kicked the poetry of Emily Dickinson in the nose.
Of course the poetry of Michael McClure and Vladimir Mayakovsky walked over and said in English and Russian, "That won't do at all," and threw the man down a flight of stairs. He got the message.
That was two years ago. The man is now living in a YMCA in San Francisco and loves it. He spends more time in the bathroom than everybody else. He goes in there at night and talks to himself with the light out.
>>
How come there are so few non-Christian schools that that build their curriculum on classical education and liberal arts? Do you think it’s because they just don’t really care as long as their kid gets into a college that can get them a good job?
>>
>>23713469
Yes. I'm not convinced by all that much he has to say on a lot of things, but this one has me pondering.
>>
>>23713644
Isn't he the guy who peed his pants during a protest and told a black guy his cock is bigger than his?
>>
>>23712866
no
>>
>>23709864
Try some Korean zen (seon) books (Seung Sahn is a good go-to). Nothing written by westerners, though. If you can look past some of the cringe elements, you might try some improv books (the one mostly by Del Close or anything by Mick Napier, but avoid Keith Johnstone).
>>
>>23709864
no books can help you with that, you'll get there with life experience
>>
Is it even fucking possible to get a bourgeois job in the UK these days. I just graduated university and all I get is rejections. The only place I can work is in construction where I get higher than average wages but have to surround myself with barely human proles. Next week I have an interview for a data analyst position, probably my 10th interview by now, and I just know it's going to end in a rejection as usual. And I have a fucking first class degree in maths
>>
>>23713723
I don't really know anything about the man so I can't say. I only found these two presentations by him talking about the mental structure of the left and right and what abrahamism is on this natural law channel thing.
He seems to have oddly close yet distant relations to jews if that means anything claiming to despise them but also that one is his best friend. A walking contradiction in some ways.

More to the point I want to get to the bottom of this whole thought process difference of what truth is, one seeking consensus the other seeking a position that isn't refuted by other positions.
His claim of the masculine mind seeking this undisputable truth vs the more feminine seeking the consensus.

They seem close yet intrinsically different I'm looking to find something to read that might better give me insight into this perspective.
>>
>>23713802
Are you a male native brit?
>>
File: 1653938653486.jpg (204 KB, 1242x1249)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>23713802
This is by design

Every single Western country would have converged inevitably on Denmark's quality of life, if it had not been inundated with retards. The elites literally feared the natural aristocracy of free peoples tending to their own and creating basically (non-insanely) socialist, mildly nationalist/patriotic states. 50 years of simply being Denmark is worth a hundred communist revolutions. Human excellence and prosperity are cumulative. The elites can't let this happen so they had to flood everybody with welfare leeches.

>Here is a decent, ordinary fellow Englishman, who in broad daylight in my own town says to me, his Member of Parliament, that the country will not be worth living in for his children. I simply do not have the right to shrug my shoulders and think about something else. What he is saying, thousands and hundreds of thousands are saying and thinking – not throughout Great Britain, perhaps, but in the areas that are already undergoing the total transformation to which there is no parallel in a thousand years of English history. We must be mad, literally mad, as a nation to be permitting the annual inflow of some 50,000 dependents, who are for the most part the material of the future growth of the immigrant descended population. It is like watching a nation busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. So insane are we that we actually permit unmarried persons to immigrate for the purpose of founding a family with spouses and fiancées whom they have never seen.

>As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood". That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now. Whether there will be the public will to demand and obtain that action, I do not know. All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
Enoch Powell
>>
>>23713822
I'm male not native
>>
>>23713839
white or brown?
>>
>>23713846
White, from Poland why
>>
I'm disappointed with pretty much every aspect of my life. I'm about halfway through the average life expectancy, and I get that there's "still plenty of time", but there really isn't. I missed the opportunities to do what I wanted.
>>
>>23713874
What do you want to do?
>>
>>23713868
> p(r)ole
> calls other people proles
This conversation has ended.
>>
>>23713874
same i guess
>>
Ripping chunks from my breath with my mouth so I can hold my phone with the other hand
>>
She has cute brown eyes and pretty eyelashes
>>
>>23713891
Be young and around people with similar interests and goals, instead of making bad choices and listening to terrible advice. The world I wanted to be a part of has disappeared, which happens. I'd be okay with being a curmudgeon complaining about how the world has changed and moved on if I had actually achieved something before that. I know I've had a positive impact on some people's lives, and I suppose that's nice, but it's largely unfulfilling.
>>
I hate that we have cities named “New X”, “Los Y”, or “San Z”. So unamerican.
>>
>>23713874
Most people are too right now bro. There’s a bunch of problems but one of them is comparison via the internet, which, as you know, is the thief of joy.
>>
>>23713802
>>23713822
>>23713839
Hey, fellow pole in bong land here and I think ze jestes pelny gowna, i tez jestem edukowany (Fizyk, ale jestem elektrykiem poniewaz ktos musi zrobic robote ktora ludzie jak ty sa zabardzo pretensjonalni; pan magister chcialbi pff. I ci ludzie dla ktorych jestes ''za dobry'' czesta maja wiecej to powiedzenia ale nie ufajam falszywym i plytkim glopca jak ty.
>>
how can I manipulate the behavior of my roommate to turn him into a non-slob. His new GF isn't fixing his ways

often completely baffled by his complete contempt for consideration and basic hygiene
>>
>>23713967
>similar interests and goals
Which are? Yeah it may be too late for you to "be young," but what's stopping you for pursuing your goals now, or surrounding yourself with like-minded people?
>>
>>23713802
rejection is the single most common interpersonal experience now, in almost every domain of life, you aren't alone in dealing with it
>>
>>23714019
If you have the stomach for it, you can try being even more disgusting. Just absolutely fuck everything up, leave dishes piled up to the faucet, piss all over the bathroom floor, leave your toenail trimmings on the couch. When he confronts you about it turn the tables on him
>>
Is it cringe that millenials are still trying to become YouTubers and TikTokers? I saw that Dakota girl on YouTube and assumed she was 30s and thought “this is cringey” but then realized she is in her 20s and now it’s slightly less cringey to me for some reason.
>>
>>23714053
I hate being millennial. We are such a loser generation. GenZ are already richer and better adjusted.

>>23713802
Rejection is life, unless you are born privileged.
>>
I want to go back to September of 2015 and play mgs v again
>>
>>23714062
Nothing worse than a self-loathing millennial.
>>
>>23713838
What do Americans do if they are neither White, nor Black, nor Asian, nor Hispanic? Do they not exist at that point?
>>
>>23714040
I don't think this could work. I legitimately doubt he has a sense of smell now that he's dealt with repeated COVID infections. He tends to be high or drinking whenever he's home and his personal room is a complete mess. He also doesn't clean up after his car in a timely fashion.

I've tried pressuring him to going to occupational therapy, but he's fully boughten in to the therapy industrial complex, he's extremely experienced in using the language of that ideology to meet his own ends and I can't critique him in terms legible to his worldview, it's that protective. I've tried talking to him about it and how it effects me, but he is mostly indifferent, just as he feels about his own life.

Needless to say that he's also a debtor, morbidly obese, and addicted to nicotine, alcohol, cannabis, social media, and exogenous testosterone.

it's not practical for me to move anytime soon as I am a full time student and do not have the regular income necessary to apply for a new apartment. Mainly live here because I'm an adult undergrad student and need to be in walking distance of campus
>>
>>23714069
>self-loathing
Pointing out statistical facts is not "loathing".
>>
>>23714071
Anyone outside of those main categories (Native American, Alaska Native, Pacific Islander, etc) are marginal at the very best and hold no institutional or collective power. they are mostly irrelevant to race relations, outside of extremely specific contexts
>>
>>23714079
Jews?
>>
"Simple" people are more focused on looks over intelligence because looks generally get you further in life than IQ does. They actually know better than the nerds.
>>
>>23714072
>addicted to exogenous testosterone
What does this mean, exactly?

Also if he uses therapy-speak to justify his own behavior you can try flipping the script. Be like, "it triggers me when you leave food on the stove because my dad blah blah blah." It doesn't matter if it's true or not, I've dealt with roommates like this before and all you can do is either beat them at their own game or move out. Best of luck.
>>
>>23714079

I am thinking of moving to the US, but I will find it hard to adjust to that shit. It's just too cringy.

I would never call myself white even though I am (borderline) European.
>>
>>23714093
he's a trans man
>>
>>23714062
Feel free to kill yourself any time.
>>
>>23714074
I just do not see how zoomers are better off. I look at the world they're inheriting as young people and it's worse in every way than the one I came into
>>
>>23713816
I don't know about any of that but here's his peeing his pants and getting mogged by some nog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdsu72MaMIo&t=1550s
>>
>>23714100
>>23714106

GenZ are just better adjusted. I TAed zoomers in college and they were hardworkers. Half my class were couples. The remaining few single men seemed well adjusted. They all got good jobs.
I grew up as the last of the millennials and were were slackers who would bully people for being nerds. And when times got tough because of 2008, we just never really recovered.
>>
>>23714062
>I hate being millennial. We are such a loser generation.
same. the '10s were so insipid
>>
>>23714119
what is selection bias?
>>
>>23714119
>still bitching about 2008 fourteen years later
This is a "you" problem. In 15 years all the 30-something zoomers will blame their "failure to launch" on covid, same as it ever was
>>
>>23714137
while it is used as an excuse, the long term social damage of COVID is not just something you can write off. things are truly different now
>>
>>23714111
Why are advocates for burn, loot, and murder there?
>>
>>23714151
It was during the Floyd riots.
His movement called 'Propertarians' were there reading a manifesto. It was some cringe form of Libertarianism.
After the event people associated with it removed their social media out of embarrassment
>>
>>23714144

GenY got his harder by COVID. GenY was having its last couple years of young adulthood when COVID hit and ruined everything. And unlike GenZ, GenY still relied heavily on real life interactions.
>>
>>23714119
>hardworkers
Hard workers for what? What does it amount to?
Creating destructive technologies that plunder the natural world more and strip man of autonomy?
Working as a disposable slave who is eventually replaced with greater automation? Floods of "skilled" immigrants taking jobs?
Leading to better ways of making man sick with microplastics in blood, spraying kids with DDT, creating new pesticides that lead to sickness like Atrazine, inventing new ways of spying and automating it by deploying DL models on the cloud, and etc.?
Destroying all sense of enchantment and wonder with mechanistic reductionist language?
Creating medical technologies that allow dysgenic children to survive when high infant mortality served a role in genetic winnowing and natural eugenics?

There is no such thing as "progress". Anyone who promoted "progress" is better off dead. Technocratic elite have paved the way to the destruction of both Earth and man.

The industrial order creates the very complications it claims to solve. It has its own will that uses man to evolve to the point it supplants natural autonomous ways of being. Being a hard worker is just about being a better slave to corporations in modern times. We are effectively factory farm animals but it's moving in the direction of being disposable lab rats.

Truly wise people question the very foundation of what they're embedded in, and there's nothing natural about the way people live any more. Even a lot of "counter movements" are engineered now.

Human beings are a failed species, and there is nothing special about any race. These are Promethean times.
>>
>>23714161
are you the biocenosis poster?
>>
Most people's hearts are blacker than any oil spill.
>>
>>23714176
all sense-addicts are temporarily pacified demons. take away their internet and food and you'll see
>>
Sex disgusts me in a way that it never use to. I cant quite pinpoint when that changed or what to ascribe to it or to how to feel about such occurrence.
>>
>>23714193
what's disgusting about it. ive always been repulsed by sex, ever since i was young. i think there's something vile about genitalia
>>
>>23714161
Ted Kaczynski was a sheltered fool who made few good points but never thought he was wrong about anything, just like you who must have read him judging by this post.
>>
Do hot nigress bitches like nerdy white men?
>>
I'm a traditional progressive.
There is nothing really progressive about who I am. I am as traditional as they get, with one exception: I do not believe in gods. But other than that, I am a man from two generations back in terms of tastes and values.
But I see no reason to not be progressive when it comes to accepting others.
Why should I hate and ostracize? Live and let live.
>>
>>23714206
what was he wrong about
>>
Waaaaaakareyou
>>
>>23714211

I met a nice Nigerian girl once and I would have asked her out if I could. She was beautiful.
I love black girls, but only the dark ones.
I like black girls and I like pale girls. I like the extremes when it comes to skin tones.
>>
>>23714206
Ted Kaczynski wasn't the only anti-industrialist/anti-modernist. Look at Friedrich Jeorg Junger for example.
>just like you who must have read him judging by this post.
I've read about ten anti-modernist books by various figures.
>>
>>23714161
Nobody cares you loser.
Humanity is still marching forward.
In just 2000 years we went from fighting with fucking stones and javelins to having fucking smartphones, spaceships and AIs.
>>
>>23714234
masterful bait
>>
>>23714234
The amount of time it takes to go from one to the other is quite different to the reverse.
>>
>>23714242

We will conquer the stars, and we certainly don't need your assistance. You are free to lay down in a pool of your own excrement.
>>
>>23714252
you can't even conquer cheeseburgers and hentai, i think the stars will be fine
>>
File: DV-yygXWAAM0xzK.jpg (99 KB, 960x960)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>If the figure of discipline was the worker-prisoner, the figure of control is the debtor-addict. Cyberspatial capital operates by addicting its users; Gibson recognized that in Neuromancer when he had Case and the other cyberspace cowboys feeling insects-under-the-skin strung out when they unplugged from the matrix (Case’s amphetamine habit is plainly the substitute for an addiction to a far more abstract speed).
If, then, something like Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a pathology, it is a pathology of late capitalism – a consequence of being wired into the entertainment-control circuits of hypermediated consumer culture. Similarly, what is called dyslexia may in many cases amount to a post-lexia. Teenagers process capital’s image-dense data very effectively without any need to read – slogan-recognition is sufficient to navigate the net-tabloid-magazine informational plane. ‘Writing has never been capitalism’s thing. Capitalism is profoundly illiterate,’ Deleuze and Guattari argued in Anti-Oedipus. ‘Electric language does not go by way of the voice or writing: data processing does without them both.’ Hence the reason why many successful business people are dyslexic (but is there post-lexical efficiency a cause or effect of their success?) -Mark Fisher

Feel like there isn't enough discussion regarding the means of social control in modern life. I am constantly reminded of that term Debtor-Addict and just now proliferated that archetype is throughout the populace. True liberation is not possible without an honest reckoning of addiction and debt (and by extension, manufactured desire) within our own personal lives
>>
>>23714234
Stop saying "we".
>>23714252
Kys, Promethean retard.

This ten minute movie is closer to what mankind is moving towards:
https://youtu.be/cntb3wcZdTw?si=DyrnG5YZ9K8my1-e
>>
>>23714264
Hentai is not really my thing, and cheeseburgers are not something I ever eat because I hate cheese on burgers and also because I am not American so I never really eat burgers because why would you?

But anyway, we don't need doom and gloom naysayers like you.

>>23714269
No we are not you emo goth cunt. We are reaching for the stars. Soon we will be an interplanetary species.
>>
>>23714268
a good post but is this the ultimate horizon of contemporary life in america? talking prettily about how fucked (you) are?
>>
>>23714286
>No we are not you emo goth cunt.
Kys, progressive Promethean demon.
>We are reaching for the stars
Fuck off to Reddit, Elon Musk tiered moron.
>Soon we will be an interplanetary species.
And spread the cancer on an interplanetary level?

Unlike you, I have several STEM degrees, and I say not a single positive thing came from industrialization.

Your "life" is completely worthless. You have no Buddhanature. I hope you experience a slow and painful death. Kys, low IQ garbage POS.
>>
>>23714286
you can barely manage being an international species. drop the act, reality never conforms to the human imagination. space colonization will both be more mundane and more viciously terrifying than you can even possibly imagine
>>
>>23714211
Average looking black girls will go for average nerdy white guys. The hot ones will only settle for a white nerd if he has serious money. This really only applies to middle class black chicks though, the ghetto ones tend to stick to their own.
>>
>>23714296
>Unlike you, I have several STEM degrees, and I say not a single positive thing came from industrialization.

You only have two because you are American.
I have four STEM degrees so by your metric I am superior to you.
And industrialization was fucking awesome.
Especially the Victorian era. That was pure kino.

Freaking steam donkeys weighing ten thousand tons who could go 300mph. Come the fuck on, that's just awesome.

See, let me tell you the difference between me and you.
I worship human intellect.
You worship chicken poop because chicken poop is in some sense more "natural".
>>
>>23714296
>I have several STEM degrees, and I say not a single positive thing came from industrialization
Wow so you've devoted your life to something you hate? That's great, man. Surely you're an example to follow
>>
>>23714318
>Ignore any consequences, it's just hecking awesome!
>Living with nature = worshipping poop
I'm not even that guy but come on man these are fucking retarded arguments, you type like a Tumblr girl
>>
>>23714292
what's the alternative? you can't violently resist the system, you can't leave or exit, the most anyone can realistically do is be incompetent and hope that enough others do the same that it collapses the system onto itself. But what do I know? I'm just a humble gardener that finds reading enjoyable

Fisher, mind you saw no escape and ended up killing himself because of it (same with Delueze)
>>
>>23714347
what "consequences"?
the one you made up in your ill head?
>>
>>23714318
Let's see you keep talking like a perky overly affirmative girl when you're coerced into getting chipped, or when supply chains are disrupted and food no longer enters the supermarkets. You are a short sighted thinker.
>>23714328
When in Rome, do as Romans do.
>>
>>23714351
i left the country, america's in my rearview. i found a place for myself relatively insulated from globohomo. i just think you americans are fascinated with your chains, utterly fascinated with the media universe that holds you in thrall. if you really, truly hated this system, you would stop talking about it, turn up your collar, and walk away forever.
>>
>>23714359
very tiresome, you're either a masterbaiter or under 21. 23, tops.
>>
>>23714360
>when you're coerced into getting chipped, or when supply chains are disrupted and food no longer enters the supermarkets

Yes, because, life before human progress was free of hardship.
>>
>>23714359
You're a joke.
You are a feminized scoundrel full of microplastics in blood, which block testosterone, and intestinal parasites.
You are dumber than even factory farm animals. You are a mechanized cretin and don't understand just how little autonomy you have with deployed DL bots that are constantly surveilling.
Your life depends on an artificial system, so what will you do when supply chains are disrupted, no longer getting food in supermarkets, huh?
>>
>>23714359
Do you genuinely think that ever-expanding industrialization has zero consequences and that it's all just le epic and wholesome? You have to be over 18 to post here, sorry buddy
>>
>>23714370
The work at least went into preserving one's homogenous community that lived in connection with the land. There was a sense of community, ethnos, and ethos. Populations were also sustainable and there were no behavioral sinks in the manner experienced now.

In fact, consider this, soil depletion was not a problem then. Food was more nutriently dense. With intensive farming and mono crops soil is depleted, making food less dense, and this is done to keep up with high population.

Industrialization creates the very problems it claims it can solve..it is a recurring pattern.

There are too many problems arising now related to environmental and social levels, and it's connected to industrialization.
>>
>>23714371
and you're a sad little thing, so unsuccessful in life, that your only consolation is this desire in your heart that maybe someday, everything will come crashing down, so that finally your relative failure might not be so apparent

SAD
>>
>>23714381
Everything will crash eventually, but I think there will be controlled crashes before then because the technocratic elite want to restructure things for greater automation. They have no need for such high number of people any more.

WEF literally talks about stuff regarding Great Reset, Big Data, and so on. It's not looking pretty.
>>
>>23714380
>I cannot get white pussy therefore the whole of human progress is misguided

I can get white pussy though. Might be a skill issue on your part.
>>
>>23714392
>le... pussy.... le... money
the insipidity of youth
>>
>>23714392
Embarrassingly underage
>>
>>23714396
>>23714397

Delicious white pussy would cure you of all your doom and gloom. Too bad you cannot get sum.
>>
what the hell is wrong with boomers. I did not think it was possible for anyone to be this monstrously selfish in their personal lives. I am consistently shocked at the depths of total self attention they sink to. I know Lasch talks about how narcissism is a defense mechanism against outside critique and control, but none of these people had any real difficulty or persecution in their lives.

struggling to see any working model of family reconciliation, or even just a survivable culture moving forward.
>>
>>23714405
the same self-importance is there in their children and grandchildren. it's who these people are, boomers were never an anomaly
>>
I've been trying to focus on a single specific thing and hone a craft, but the problem is that it simply feels like there's just too many things I enjoy doing.
>Sometimes I want to make a game
>Sometimes I want to write
>Sometimes I want to design
It's getting pretty frustrating because all that's happened is that there's a constant back and forth in my brain where I can't pick anything so end up doing nothing
>>
>>23714380
>Food was more nutriently dense
Have you gotten scurvy or a goiter recently?
>>
>>23714405
>boomers

It's really on the Anglo/Germanic boomers who are this bad. My family are south European mutts and none of the older relatives act like this. Quite the opposite, they all have the mentality of trying to pay it forward and saving for the future generations.
>>
>>23714361
it is extremely difficult to move from the US if you aren't independently wealthy. just a little condition they forgot to mention on Ellis Island: once you are here it's very difficult to leave
>>
>>23714411
unless you're only eating grain scurvy isn't a problem.
goiterbelt regions are fucking scary though
>>
>>23714411
It was an example. I can name countless examples that follow the same pattern.
>>
>>23714413
boomers were at the heart of some of the most monstrous psyops perpetuated against man.
No self preservation instinctwas fostered only consumption
>>
So all you anons who talk about collapse and shit like that, what are you doing to prepare? Do you know the edible plants in your region? Can you catch or kill small game without a firearm? Can you start a fire without any tools? Because if shit really does fall apart, that's what will keep you alive.
>>
>>23714418
okay, spend another 20 years studying theory to talk real purty like about life in america. makes no difference to me.
>>
>>23713937 #
>>23714017 #
Before you call me a snobby shit you should have heard my stories. The people I worked with were barely human. First of all, they work all week only to "get smashed" on the weekend, ie. get drunk out of their heads and forget their pain. When I told them I don't "get smashed" they looked at me funny. All of these people are on drugs, and use a portion of their wage every week to buy cocaine etc. One guy said he makes a living by going around the various recruitment agencies, getting hired, and then trying to skip work or shirk his duties as much as possible before he gets fired and goes onto the next job. Another dude was such a terrible parent his daughter got kicked out of every single school in the city and had to be sent to a special school for misbehaved kids. He looked at me like I was an alien when I told him I don't smoke weed. They generally struggled to do simple mathematical calculations. I had to help one guy do 145 + 145 = 290 to calculate double his daily wage when he heard we'd get paid double on Sundays. Another guy who'd been in prison described how people were so addicted to smoking that in the absence of cigarettes they rolled up their own public hair in a tissue paper and smoked it. Now I don't want to be a snob, I really don't, but is it really snobby to not want to associate with criminals who smoke their own pubes?? I don't want the second hand smoke from that! I'm telling you, I know these people, they are barely alive. And I haven't even told you everything, just some shocking stories.
>>
>>23714420
>>23714421
Lads, you probably live in a country with fortified flour and salt that's been iodinated. Some of the mass manufacturing of food is hiding a larger problem with diet, because now you can get your daily niacin from eating a tray of cinnamon rolls.
>>
4 8 15 16 23 42
>>
>>23714436
Do yoiu know the story of how scott's antarctica mission failed because of scury?
What's ironic is the british military forgot how to cure scurvy properly
>>
>>23714435
>in the absence of cigarettes they rolled up their own public hair in a tissue paper and smoked it
You're making this shit up
>>
>>23714409
I don't really see it. they might have the trappings of self interest, but it's never actualized. Mostly frustrated from my perspective.

>>23714413
Mine assumed that the world would necessarily have to End in their lifetime, because they never considered a future in which they didn't exist. The apocalypse they hoped for never came in their lifetime so they never paid into social security, saved money for retirement, or even bought land/housing when it was still affordable. Never planned for my future either, set no money aside for education, and even actively worked at preventing me from going to community college. what's worse is they were recently revealed to be involved in a coverup of child abuse in the church I grew up in. At the very least they aren't divorced

How can you have a relationship with parents who: never displayed legitimate interest in your success or the continuation of the family, very shortly will not be able to support themselves, and also cannot be trusted around children. They've burnt through all the filial love I've had for them and I see them only as ugly, revolting liabilities.

I want to do well and build a better future for my family and descendants, but they seem to be actively working against me. It's incredibly depressing as parenting and the parent-child relationship are becoming one of the most influential factors in personal success, given the rise of nepo babies and intensive parental investment to be able to access social and financial capital. Mine give lip service to traditional values, but then do nothing to live up to them or make any sacrifice for future success. walked in on my dad drunkenly crying to a Jordan Peterson video one time. Didn't change his behavior in any way though

Even if things go right and I do achieve financial stability, educational attainment and build a family, how can I in good conscience allow my own children to have a relationship with people who hold contempt for the safety and well-being of their own children? have to rely on some third party daycare to perform the duties of those who refuse the responsibilities of living in a family? makes me begin to understand what leads to parricide
>>
>>23714425
collapse is a cope, the real fear is that things continue exactly as they have been. much more realistic scenario to prepare for

(plot twist: no human makes it out of the near future, as Mr. Land so schizophrenically explained)
>>
just watched The White Ribbon.
Michael Haneke is a great film director.
>>
Before industrialisation every small village had their own slaughterhouse and butcher.
most food came from within walking distance
>>
>>23714468
Nothing stops you from raising your own meat.
We literally still do that in our family.
>>
Make my bub bubs bounce
>>
>>23714471
There are some legislative restrictions if you plan to sell anything.
>>
>>23714435
ok I understand the first with drinking as its just regular normie behavior, and how they socialise. But where the fuck did you work that found such retards that didn't know simple addition or smoked their own pubes?
>>
>>23714441
Everyone knows why limeys are limeys, but it is the navy tbf
>>
I want to write a really good poem, which touches on freedom but all my poems here don't get replies. How do I make a good one? Any tips?
>>
Is there a point in getting into reviews and similar topics? It's something I enjoy but there's so much distrust of journalism in general (for good reason) so and industry job doesn't appeal to me, but then on the other hand no-one really cares about the opinion of a literal-who either. I don't really want to go down the road of Youtube Video Essayist either
>>
>>23714481
Selling is capitalism. We are talking about per-industrial times. You don't sell. You give on credit and you get whatever back. That's how we did it too in my family.
>>
>>23714498
it's still culturally useful, just temper expectations and don't be surprised when it isn't financially rewarded. stuff like cultural criticism is the realm of nepo babies
>>
>>23714509
People have bills to pay
>>
I grew up in an all white and also very traditional village of around 5000 people, somewhere in non-aligned Europe, and I feel like I need to set the record straight.

There wasn't really this one community that everyone was part of, and who everyone was welcome in. Our village was divided into cliques. There were the middle class and proper people. There were various flavors of religion obsessed people who ran or took part in their own religious organizations. There were the more salt of the earth literal peasants who works the lands. There were the petty bureaucrats who ran everything for the local council and government. There were a couple prominent political families. There were the priests and their families. There were the local (construction) contractors... and I could go on. And there was also a lack of intellectually minded people. In fact, excluding the priests who were for the most part well read and well traveled, most people were barely literate and if so, only to read religious texts, or the sport news section.

I grew up in that village and I literally never traveled abroad until I was 21.
I never really felt like I belonged to there.
And I never saw any unity among the people. They were dived across a dozen lines.
In many families there existed decade long feuds between siblings, mostly over inheritance.
A lot of people were also inbred, because what do you expect when your dating circle is restricted to a village of 5000 and some neighboring villages of equal size?
People were really close minded, their only preoccupation being food, sport, gossip and local politics.
Local politics was a game of trying to get into government. Once your party was in government the local corruption was in your favor so you benefit financially while the opposition suffered. Corruption was rampant.
It was a relatively safe place, but if you crossed the wrong people, you might on day be ambushed and offed.
And everyone was a crook. You could never count on a fair deal. Go to buy a pair of shoes and the shopkeeper will find a way to sell you a defective pair for an unfair price. Every single business operated like a used car dealership. Everyone was fake friendly and deceptive.

God what an extremely awful place that was. What's even the point of such an existence I still wonder?
>>
>>23709852
i literally just realised that i wore a womans blazer (we had uniforms) throughout all of fucking high school

i remember wearing that fucking thing wondering why the buttons were on the wrong side and why it fit so poorly

it's actually kinda nice to have one of life's long-standing personal mysteries finally solved
>>
>>23714574
poofta
>>
>>23714551
>5000
>village
I don't think you understand what village means
>>
>girl I'm taking to quotes Sylvia Plath her texts
>she looks like a bird and is surprisingly not Jewish
>tells me I look like I read Heidegger
>tell her I have him on my coffee table right now and she bursts out laughing (I didn't mention the Kazynski also sitting there)

is this what love feels like?
>>
>>23714487
Limes have very low vitamin c they only use limes because they were available from territory britain controlled.
they didn't realise that limes weren't antiscorbutic because transport was so much faster and the crew could get access to fresh food at ports to tide them over
>>
>>23712727
>I don't want banana, I want ice cream!
words of a toddler
>>
>>23714489
Make it about jews, black or indians and post it on /pol/, /int/ or /b/?
Guaranteed replies and dopamine hits.

what a strange captcha
>>
>>23714616
no, this is infatuation. Love takes time and effort. If you can manage to live along her under single roof for at least 5 years and still want her next to you after that then you might consider it love.
>>
>>23714587
y r u gae
>>
>>23714634
stanky ass nigga
>>
It figures that as soon as I save up my downpayment for a house, my car goes and shits the bed. What do cars even cost these days? $30k? So much for a house...

I also need to find a short term rental. I checked AirBnB and filtered to rentals under $3k per month but there's zero results. LOL.
>>
>>23714664
it's truly bleak. just had my catalytic converter stolen again and was looking at what it would take to replace my car. Nothing under $10k in my area that wouldn't also immediately need to be replaced
>>
>>23714678
Same here. I want to move somewhere I don't need a car. That basically leaves me with a city or a college town though getting my things there remains a problem. I'm at a really weird time in my life too where I'm not sure what im doing or where I'm going.
>>
>>23714443
Think what you want.
>>23714483
Because that's how the underclasses are. If you've lived all your life among people of quality this will seem like a shock to you. But it wasn't a one off. I work in construction through recruitment agencies as a temporary worker. That means I don't stay in one place. When one project is done or if I can't take it anymore and quit I go to a new place next time. And this is how people are everywhere. Not all of them. A lot of the Eastern European immigrants I worked with were quite civilised all things considered. But the British underclass is like this.
>>
>>23714692
more like you got unlucky. I met some ex-convicts who were so polite that they even shared food with me, and yes they were native and underclass, and yes they did time for some violent crime, always talked about anything related to fighting like how one time they got into a fight with a drunk on a bus on their way to work. I even met a black guy who despite being karikature of the stereotype (loved chicken, rap, and was extreamly vocal) knew what nihilism was and who Nietzsche is, knew German for some reason and even know smaller things like difference between vertebrae and phalanxes. Or maybe I'm the lucky one after all lol
>>
>>23714625
A similar thing happens more generally with pellagra: Europeans didn't realise that maize had to be nixtamalized, ignoring native advice to treat it with limewater before consumption. Maize grows cheaper and faster than a lot of grain, so it became a subsistence staple in a lot of European controlled land, leading to massive outbreaks of pellagra, and some smaller ones of kwashiorkor, pretty much as soon as the first harvests arrived.
>>
Fuck it, i'm going to make blueberry sauce
>>
I recently quit all social media (including 4chan) but right now my brain feels like mush. I can barely remember shit, I constantly catch myself having brain farts, and I can barely communicate my thoughts. Feels like I have early on-set dementia Right now even with good exercise and diet it doesn’t feel like it’s going to get any better
>>
>>23714750
seeds are nasty, most of them are toxic
>>
>>23714757
I’m extremely tempted to eat it the vein blueberries even though they are toxic
>>
>>23714794
NOOOOO I MEANT VINE
NOW EVERYONE IS GONNA LAUGH AT ME
>>
>>23714794
Don't worry anon, i'm having it with french toast, maple syrup, and bacon
>>
Dude, academics have got to be the most insufferable group of professionals on the planet. They've completely turned me off pursuing this career.
>>
>>23714949
can you be more precise? Are we talking STEM or humanities and what field? Talking to a physicist is going to be more annoying than talking to a chemist most of the time.
>>
I WILL be an shounen protagonist.
>>
>>23714977
Which kind? the bowl cut ambiguous snarky faggot?
>>
I went to the museum and exchanged a perfect condition exoskeleton of some bug I found on the sidewalk for a dead jellyfish in a jar.
>>
new bred

>>23715053

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.