[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Previously in the Mortal Realms:

>>93701480

Eternally seething, edition

>Official AoS website:
https://www.ageofsigmar.com

>Downloads, Rules Errata and FAQs:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-downloads/

>Tools
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/26/make-your-own-free-city-the-easy-way-sep26gw-homepage-post-4/
https://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

>Anvil of Apotheosis hero creator:
https://aosg.github.io/

>Booru:
https://ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

>Thread question:
How has Spearhead, for those who played it, been so far?
>>
>>93717350
You're using commas wrong.
>>
>>93717350
>Retarded OP formatting
Ben never fails to impress me with his weaponized autism.
>>
>>93716383
It's firmly good. Dickens wrote it and he knows how to write a decent novel. The bad news is that it basically has to massage the character into someone who isn't a Yass-Queen by the end of it. What comes out is a likable character with real flaws and highlights. Except the start is rough, because he's starting out with someone who's rough.

7/10, would read a sequel
https://files.catbox.moe/aloimn.epub
>>
>TQ
Fun, but definietly not as fast as GW advertised.
Unless lunch breaks at GW are absurdly long
>>
>>93717859
>GW nu-lore is so bad that black library authors actually improve it
>>
File: F_DSu4_aAAAbFbt.jpg (599 KB, 3307x2126)
599 KB
599 KB JPG
>>
I cant stop eating the spearhead cardboard mat. Its so fucking delicious.
>>
>>93717859
I saying this to a guy who absolutely hated the prequel short story "Head of the serpent"

he right the novel is good honestly surprising how much the author like playing with both old and new lore from the city dwarfs being a constant backdrop, Handgunners are implemented in Casilite formation or reminding that cogfort come in various forms

"Great cogforts roamed the outer perimeter. Ranging from spider-legged towers to miniature citadels grinding along heavy tracked wheels, they bristled with cannons and deadly armaments, ever alert for threats from the fire-scarred Capilarian plains."

speaking of which read two short

"All is for told"
>pretty good I think this the only fiction told in the perspective of the seraphon/lizardmen (correct me if im wrong) and it pretty good. Even had a Freeguild Greatsword regiment defend the town attack by the saurus.....got completely reckt but i like they still around
.the surprise twist that the reclaimed hedge-witch being the tzeentch sleeper agent caught me by surprise despite it kind of obvious read back talking about worshiping the "old gods" of ulgu; the crow, the cobra, the panther & the toad .

"Sigmar fist"
>the one i enjoyed the most it like Saving private ryan-esq plot in Greywater Fastness with a steam tank crew of a commander, a gunner and cogsmith finding a human gyrocopter pilot with new about the skaven invasion
>>
>>93717859
very nice summary thx
>>
Kurdoss is the best character in all of Age of Sigmar, and you can't convince me otherwise.
>>
File: XecBufOXm8ia253g.jpg (157 KB, 1000x1000)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Warrior of chaos pre-order announcement drop any Slave to darkness player going to pick up anything?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/08/25/sunday-preview-machines-wage-civil-war-on-mars-and-chaos-hordes-descend-from-the-north/
>>
>>93718522
waiting for the value of the box to tank on ebay so that I can pick it up.
>>
>>93718522
It's just stuff we've already had for years with the wrong bases so no
>>
>>93718522

I only buy models made after 2015.
>>
>>93718724
Me too, cadsloppa only for me. If it was sculpted by human hands I don’t want it.
>>
>>93718522
I might grab a box for the warriors and knights. Call me old fashioned but I like the older aesthetic more than some of the newer stuff. It’s less busy. The warriors on foot are especially good, timeless models. Also a Hellcannon, because they are fucking rad.
>>
>>93718719
I wish soulblight had this option.
>>
File: IMG_4432.jpg (106 KB, 1024x768)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>93718834
There’s a chance years into the future, Old World 2nd edition will probably reintroduce some legacy armies plus hopefully Kislev and Cathay. Old VC sculpts are great.
>>
>>93718853
WHY CANT GW GIVE VAMPIRES A CLOSE D MOUTH IF THEY INSIST ON ONLY THE BUCKTEETH
>>
>>93718892
Because then you'll complain that it's just an elf
>>
>>93718892
Pobably because vampires aren't supposed to have the fangs stick out like that.
And without fangs there's nothing that indicates they aren't just people (unless they are monstrous)
So you end up with everyone looking like they're at a dentist appointment
>>
>>93718853
Wow look at the bazookas on that gal
>>
>>93718522
>any Slave to darkness player going to pick up anything?
Absolutely, I will buy two boxes most likely. I can't wait to see the new transfer sheet. Over 600pcs sounds massive.
>>93718878
My GF wants one to start a Slaves army. I will get another one to split it with a friend so we have an StD Spearhead army each.
>>
>>93718534
if the orc and goblin one hasn't tanked yet I don't think the better value WoC box will go down for a long while
>>
>>93718953
The prices, especially when you consider LGS 20% discount are insanely good compared to usual AoS releases. Those warriors are so sexy.
>>
>>93718958
>if the orc and goblin one hasn't tanked yet
It kinda has, like at multiple points. TOW players won't care for this box because warriors are shit.
>>
>>93718958
>>93718979
The orcs and goblins one is the worst so far. None of those units are used in a competitive list, maybe chariots could find a place. On the other hand you’re right that warriors are too expensive for what you get points wise. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I can’t see it going lower than the orcs and goblins box. But it’ll be on a bigger discount than dwarfs, Bretonnia and TK.
>>
File: noble-vampire-heads.jpg (60 KB, 800x800)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>93718906
Kritza was like the best vampire character and he does a good job of being distinguishable from an elf.

Anyone know if greenstuff world heads are compatible with bloodknights?
>>
>>93717859
I'll read the first chapter and see what I think. I hate Black Library and whatever new fluff has been a thing for half almost a decade now. Having previously read the one book that I can't even remember the name of about the NOT-Witch Hunter guy in Ghyran that actually seemed slightly ok at least from a 'describe the location' point once it got the end it was just such an enormous letdown. I finished it as I said I would since my friend lended it to me saying it was "amazing" and others around the store said it was great. It wasn't. I wasted three hours of my life reading it.
>>
>>93717859
>isn't a Yass-Queen
Never was, read the novella or tome
>>
>>93718834
I just want the skeleton warriors back I really hate the new ones. My main gripe with soulblight is that it's just named character/boardgame spam now, it doesn't feel like an actual army
>>
>>93719134
To be fair, and I’m a fantasy player first. Vampire Counts have been this way forever. The whole army begins to fall apart literally in the game if your main caster/necromancer dies, because the undead are losing their magical binding with their death. It’s always been a faceless mass being led by either a named dude or your dude.
>>
>>93719049
>Dark Harvest mentioned
Never got the hype. It felt like a weak outing from an author with an otherwise decent track record of writing for AoS. So I keep telling people to simply watch Apostle instead. It's almost the exact same story except with more payoff and less time investment.
>>
>>93719228
I'm fine with the army being hero-dependent I'm just sick of these releases all being named heroes. They shoved vyrkos down our throats and never even gave us a generic vyrkos lord. To the obnoxious faggot who started frothing at the mouth about me being le hobbylet, I shouldn't HAVE to convert or proxy something as basic as that
>>
>>93719090
You read the novel, it's right there. Fact is she starts out as a hypocrite who wants all the power of being a leader, but not the demands that being such a figure brings. This remains to the end, as that's her primary flaw. What does change is unlike the shitty battletome, it's not shown as a good thing. For example if you read it, and you'd see how her being an abrasive cunt loses her allies early on. It shows just how hard it is to carry on with a war after making everyone afraid. The battletome meanwhile presents her coup as nothing less then Julius Ceasar crossing the rubicon against evil kleptocrats. In the battletome she tries to ask the Azyrites to not use her Castellite strategy everywhere, because she's obviously not wrong enough to make a tactical mistake. Instead the novel presents her as genuinely proud of it with the caveat that she knows enough strategy to know when to disregard her own orders.

Fact is one is a learned general who is a human being and the other is a yass queen who can do no wrong.
>>
>>93719340
Fair enough. I think the named character problem is pretty widespread in AoS. For all the talk of your dudes, the entire focus seems to be on named characters that are presented to you. I would suggest maybe looking into fantasy, especially old world.
>>
>>93718994
>used in a competitive list

Good. Tourneyfags and those faggots with that mentality have led to the ruin of Warhammer.
>>
>>93719423
It's a Warhammer problem, it started with primarchs and similarly anticipated characters in 40k and 8e but now it's spread to an artificial excitement. "X is so important in the fluff, they have such a significant part of the setting's history" for a previously unmentioned character who doesn't exist beyond a single tie-in novel shortly after they came to exist
>>
>>93719265
Oh fuck, Apostle was great and got me firmly seated on the Dan Stevens train. Excellent movie. You're right about the novel, too. Somehow, a completely unrelated to anything Warhammer managed to be a better Warhammer movie than a novel written (horribly) specifically for it.
>>
>>93719764
>>93719423
To add to these, even non-named characters may as well be "special characters," especially in AoS. Aside from the CoS Marshal, how many heroes in the game can take a different loadout? Even the Marshal has 1:2:3 choice of wargear, as opposed to "well maybe I want him to have a greatsword and a pistol because it fits the theme I'm going for." I won't stop saying it but fuck GW for removing customization. And I don't want to hear some shit from retards that say "WELL NO ONE TOOK THE OTHER OPTIONS ANYWAY" because not only is that retarded but it's also fucking wrong. The same people that say that also say templates ruined games or that PPM is bad, or a host of other retarded blatherings.
>>
>>93719843
Yeah it sounds like fantasy is your game. You can customize endlessly there with points for war gear.
>>
>>93719843
>templates ruined games or that PPM is bad, or a host of other retarded blatherings.

That's all true though. Points for wargear is also shit
>>
>>93718853
Aereola peak on a mini? Neat.

I guess you could call them the Soulblight GOON-lords!
>>
File: 20240825_174903.jpg (2.14 MB, 2064x3513)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB JPG
>>93719340
It is a bit annoying, I do enjoy the named characters but it would be nice to have a bit more options available.

It was a nice treat to find a vampire lord inside the terrorgheist kit to slap on the cool bone dog thing.
>>
>>93720095
>points for wargear is also shit
Please kys
>>
File: IMG_4435.jpg (53 KB, 341x512)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>93720201
Old GW was peak sculpting. Too bad about the no tits mandate that exists today.
>>
>>93720262
I wouldn't necessarily say no tits, but they're nowhere near oldhammer levels of massive knockers.
>>
>>93720282
We have female characters rocking the HR Skrillex haircut. We’re never getting big knockers again. Best we can hope for is Old World made to order ancient sculpts.
>>
I have the chance of getting the DoK battleforce.
Gonna pull the trigger.
>>
>>93720424
you shouldn't, trust me
>>
>>93720442
Why?
>>
>>93720424
>>93720442
He’s right, don’t do it. Seriously.
>>
What's so bad about this other than the warlocks?
>>
>>93717350
>TQ
Lots of fun. Just got home from playing with my friend, actually. IDK vs FEC. Managed to pull back a win after a very rough start on my end, his Morbhegs made my eels useless.
>>
File: rattlerattle.png (340 KB, 577x942)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>>93719134
best you're gonna get.
>>
>>93719763
>>93718994
comp old world really is trash, it should get more hate for making a r&f game where people don't even play infantry.
>>
>>93720559
I feel like the board is too small and everything too close to really get the best out of the Idoneth cavalry. You can get turbo fucked turn 1 even through screens and never get to your high tide before losing all your heavy hitters.
>>
>>93719871
Yeah endlessly customize your 600 point dragon with the same items as everyone else every game.
>>
>>93720547
its fine, warlocks have a good scroll now and you should use darkrider bits and even they look good.
>>
>>93720699
I will agree, the board feels a bit too small overall. My biggest complaint with the IDK roster, though is the hero. Soulscryer was actually useless except to tank the cryptguard for a turn. Since FEC don't have any shooting his ability and tides of death turn 1 were straight up useless and I couldn't even rally my eels because it's a 3 model unit. Thralls were whatever, but I'm really feeling the nerf on their weapons. The shark was great, though. Threw him at the Varghulf, took him down turn 2, then at the Archregent with Thralls for a turn 3 kill, healing himself all the while.
>>
>>93720727
I don't care if Warlocks are the best unit in the game, I'm never gonna use them.
>>
File: 1723322538049071.png (16 KB, 128x128)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>93720710
>mindbroken compshittery
>>
>>93720746
you have no spells without them unless you're playing morathi.
>>
>>93720759
And? I'm not playing the half naked elf slut army and then add men to it because some geriatric dipshit at.head office wanted to sell more warlocks.
>>
>>93720745
Yeah, shark is MVP every game though the bolts are swingy. Eels either eat good if they get off the charge or just get whittled down.
The Thralls are horrifically fragile and even with getting them back as reinforcements they will get wiped by the end of the game every time. Really struggle into units with any kind of defense.
The Soulscryer is especially annoying because his main game ability would be exceptionally useful but they made him into a weird discount Tidecaster instead.

Don't ever take the the Thrall battle trait. You'll be lucky if it comes up even once a game.
>>
>>93720694
Infantry is really good though? Did you fall for the dragon meme? Big blocks of infantry are very strong, from chaff like Men at Arms and Night Goblins to reg infantry like Gors to elites like Black Orcs.
>>
>>93720792
I doubt you play dok at all, so who cares.
>>
>>93720710
Uh what? You don’t do that, that’s the thing about wargear. There isn’t an objectively best way to build a character for every enemy you face. Unlike in AoS where you don’t even get a choice or the ability to kit out your guys for different scenarios and enemies. Talk about limiting creativity to make your guys kek
>>
File: IMG_20240826_081220.jpg (6.82 MB, 4000x2742)
6.82 MB
6.82 MB JPG
Had my first 4e 2k game
Ogors vs Stormcast
I practically won with a cheeky turn2 charge that killed his two Stormdrakes with my reinforced Iron Gyatts and a brick of 10 vindicators with reinforced Gluttons
Bastian Carthalos doesn't fuck around. I dropped him to 1 wounds twice and he just kept killing and healing
Summoned a Krondspine that existed to soak up damage
>>
>>93718853
Now we have this abomination
>>
>>93720943
I like her
>>
>>93720843
No, the thing about wargear is that, no matter how many options you're given, you're only ever going to find 3 or so builds being used with any meaningful frequency. The best one overall, the budget one, and possibly one or more builds that either exploit some mechanic or situation and are either okay outside of that instance or said instance is common enough to plan around. Yeah, you can technically kit your guys out for different scenarios, but not in a tournament setting, and even in casual games I can't see "Hold on, let me switch to my list that counters your specific army" being something that many people would be a fan of hearing. You also run into the issue of WYSIWYG.
>>
>>93720943
My main gripe is her shitty armor, it makes no sense for it to be badly kept especially for a lahmian. Her being hideous also defeats the purpose of being lahmian when their whole shtick is infiltration
>>
>>93720843
There is however.
When you just have a model's offensive and defensive stats, you can do whatever you want with the model without worrying about wysiwyg, my boss got a choppa, despite the fact that the model is bare fisted.
Customization should take form of special traits and magic items, not +1 to the strength characteristic for 15 points in a game where armies take 2000 points.
Fantasy magic items suffered from the issue of just having to much of the same stuff, you can practically cut the number of them in 3, because the rest 2/3 are just Cheaper and More expensive version of the same item.

Take all the traits and items we had in 2nd ed, and make a new way of getting more army enhacnments, e.g. battalions that give you additional traits and artefacts.

If you take a cannon, a cogsmith, and 2 squads of fusiliers your characters can have 1 more Aqshy artefact and Command trait
>>
>>93721082
The level of cope is amazing. Too many options is a bad thing. Why customize your characters in aos, the game that its fans constantly claim is so creative and gives you the room to make your guys LMAO.
>>
>>93721108
I make a character my dude by hobbying hobbylet, not with souless stat sticks you see over and over 1000 times.
>>
>>93721142
>I make my immutable character that’s armed and armoured identically to everyone else unique by “hobbying”
The cope is reaching levels that shouldnt even be possible
>>
>>93721108
I know it's hard to wrap your head around, but having more things to pick from doesn't mean you have more options. Not all choices are made equally from one another, and at some point, if you're just trying to make options for the sake of making options, you're going to run into things that are essentially just better/shittier versions of things you already have. IE a weapon that gives +1 to whatever for 20 points and then a second one that gives +1 to that same whatever for 15. Technically two distinct choices, but in practice there's only one. This stuff bleeds over into situational gear as well, since why would you take something that gives you +3 against a specific army for 15 points when you have the 15 points for +1 that doesn't risk being completely useless if you don't get the perfect matchup?
As for the customization AoS offers over something like FB... Generic weapon profiles mean that any weapon of roughly the same size can count as any other weapon. Having more statted out weapon options means that you eventually will run into an issue where the coolest looking weapon option for a unit is either too expensive to warrant taking, or is just plain bad.
>>
>>93721152
your paladin with ring of protection and ogre blade is so unique, wow.
>>
>>93721152
Your levels of idiocy are reaching levels that shouldn't be possible. Especially since you seem to be simultaneously arguing that stats are the only thing that makes a unit distinct like everything is generic cardboard circles, but also don't seem to understand the rather basic concept of certain choices being clearly worse than others and therefore not actually counting.
>>
>>93721152
If you wasnt an autistic retard, you would understand that normal people dont give a shit about the stats a model has to that extend, especially with characters who stand at the backline most of the time. Its a technicality thats needed, not wanted
>>
>>93721160
You make it seem like all war gear is stat sticks in fantasy. When in reality most war gear confers some kind of special rules or interactions that without said gear wouldn’t be possible. The level of cope saying more options doesn’t mean you have more choice. Painful.

>>93721170
My Paladin with Heartwood Lance and the Falcon Horn of Fredmund is more unique than any of your identical carbon copy characters. Neither of which are stat sticks. Ogre Blade is a YouTuber special, not actually a top tier item. Ruby Ring is pretty meta, but you don’t know that because you have never played. And that meta item gives the wearer a bound spell, also not a stat stick. Get fucked AoS template shitter.
>>
>make false claim (fantasy wargear only alters stats)
>claim this is worse than being given no choice (as in age of sigmar)
>get dunked on by facts and logic
LMAO. Enjoy your Coca Coca generals that are THE SAME as everyone else’s ahahahahahha. Nice “ your dudes “ famous smegmar creativity!
>>
>>93721205
>When in reality most war gear confers some kind of special rules or interactions that without Now thats just lying, the only ones i can remember that actually did something that mattered, and noone ever used the folding castle because of how faggoty it is, only actually good ones were the chaos warriors blessings.

Even mordheimj players admit that noone uses most of the stuff the game has
>>
>>93721205
the only time, the ONLY time i support points for wargear is when it is visually non-represented wargear.

for example, in the old world, the build a rune workshop for dwarfs, or small thinks like potions, rings, and talaismans. those are fine, because they have no visual impact on how i hobby.

but when GWS shitty rules writing that it has always and will always have makes it so that certain wargear choices are inferior or superior and i have to worry about wysiwyg or if my guy has the optimal shit, or in the case of squads having to leave options on the sprue because they are bad in game and you're better off saving points (was more prevalent in 40k but still present in fantasy to some degree), then no, points per model and points per wargear can eat my whole ass.

also templates fucking SUCKED FULL STOP. slowed the game to a fucking crawl, and in 40k made for laborious movement phases where people spaced their guys to minimize template overlap, and had the whole "he come over here and look at this, i think this guys under but can you just take a look to make sure? oh, yeah he's half under but not fully under, but that guys out. oh are you sure, lemme check another angle, here hold the template for a sec"

you can keep it
>>
>>93721205
Again. How often do all of those come up? Opportunity cost is a genuine concern and not every option can be good, nor can every option be worth their points, or regularly useful enough to warrant picking up. You also literally mention "Meta" items, which, again, implies that certain choices are just plain better than others, which in turn means that the lower tier items just don't really matter all that much in the decision making process.
You're also doing that thing people do where instead of addressing someone's argument as a whole, you address one specific point, provide a counter to it, and then act as invalidating that one triviality invalidates the entire argument. The reason why I went to stat sticks in my example is because that's the simplest and easiest way to illustrate my point that not all gear is created equal.
>>
File: HzmxAgs.jpg (3.32 MB, 2300x2276)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB JPG
>>93720262
Alarielle? Drycha? Lady of vines? the warcry fyreslayers? even the new stormcast armor like the vindicators have a pronounce boobplate (a little more realistic then the former boobplate but still)
>>
>>93721262
Your argument boils down to having no choice is better than having choices that aren’t perfectly balanced. The problem if you accept that type of logic is that your no choices are also not balanced. It’s rules written by the same company. Your Warscrolls are not balanced, so maybe it would be better if you had no warscrolls. You can boil it down to you wanting to play chess. Which is a much better game than AoS, but still the argument is dumb and counter to your point of defending AoS as it suffers from the same faults.
>>
>>93721306
Why not difirentiate between maces axes and swords instead of "hand weapon" then? The reason is because noone gives a shit
>>
>>93721306
It would seem that despite literally stating my point, you somehow missed it so I'll repeat myself.
More choices does not equal more choice.
No matter how many options you add, there's only going to be a rather limited number of ones that are actually worth considering, as all the others are varying levels of bad or too situational to be worth the opportunity cost.
That's it. That's the point I was making.

And to prevent myself from being a hypocrite, I'll also address some other points you made. I never said anything about AoS scrolls being balanced. Certain scrolls sucking ass is an issue that can't really be avoided, but it's also something distinct, albeit related, to the point being argued. You're comparing two different levels of granularity in the games (Unit choice and unit loadout) and acting as if they're the same when they aren't. Does my own argument of "More choices does not equal more choice" apply to that level? Absolutely, in both games there's units that you just would never consider taking since they're hot garbage, however the unit level of choice is slightly different than the loadout level due to having less granularity which causes the balancing process to be slightly different.
>>
it would be nice if you could at least outfit generic lords. Would be pretty easy to do for balance as well.
>>
>>93721462
you can outfit your generic lords with whatever weapon you want
>>
>>93719871
I know, and I do. Crazy how it's a really good system that never should have gone away.

>>93720095
What's your IQ?
>>
>>93721462
Anvil of Apotheosis or whatever the fuck it's called is supposedly coming back this edition, but I'm unsure how to feel about that since I have a feeling it'll either be too generic and boring, too imbalanced, or genuinely fun but also path to glory exclusive.
>>
>>93720694
>comp old world really is trash

As I said, "competitive" ruins everything it touches, leading to worse and worse outcomes as time passes. Anyone who uses the word "meta" should be strapped to a cannon and executed.
>>
>>93721502
>Crazy how it's a really good system t
nope. Saying this as a dude who has been playing smaller games up to bigger ones. Its got some major flaws.
>never should have gone away.
debatable.
>>
>>93721509
well the last time anvil was around you could make by far the most broken heroes in the game with it, so probably best that it stays in narrative
>>
aos fags are no different from 40kfags.
>>
>>93720985
>build
>tournament setting

>>93721082

TOURNEYFAGGOTS, CAN YOU JUST FUCK OFF? Goddamn, you retards are totally insufferable and don't understand wargames.
>>
File: fp399gtbddi51.png (38 KB, 423x448)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>because one option is considered better by some people no other options should exist
>>
>>93721327
That's a good idea. Maybe they could do that for the next edition of Age of Sigmar and allow the player to choose which sort of weapon they'd want their troops to take.
>>
>>93721547
I addressed the alternative of non tournament settings. Basically, you either have a tourney setting where your list is set and you can't fuck with it till the tourney's over, or you're playing in a casual, gentleman's setting where it would be a social faux pas to ask to tailor your list to tweak minutiae in a way that specifically counters your opponent's general army.
>>
>>93721327
>Anon doesn't know mesbg and Erehwon exist
>>
>>93721529
I'm fine with that, but the reason I listed it as a negative is because not enough people pay P2G. Mode is criminally underrated.
>>
>>93721528
Name one flaw that can arise from wargear choice that isn't the retarded "but uhh you'll see [in tournaments] that everyone only ever picks the mathematically superior option and literally no one ever takes anything that isn't that."
>>
>>93721570
you have the option to put whatever you want on your model
>>
>>93721613
Soulless golem behavior.
>>
>>93721590
Or, hmm, perhaps you could just make /your dudes/ with an actual theme and not be a magnetizing faggot or item tweaker who can only ever have the mindset of countering their opponent for every single game.
>>
>>93721600
>not enough people pay P2G

the reality there is that most people dont have a gaming group dedicated or consistent enough to make all the bookkeeping work, and you cant really show up to a pickup game with a random player with both of you on different stages of your path to glory track. and its excluded from events for obvious reasons.

so that leaves the remaining possible situations where you could actually play path to glory somewhat limited. store organization can overcome it somewhat as well, but that assumes a large enough store playerbase for aos who are also interested in narrative campaigns and dedicated enough to show up to semi-regular games to keep it going. its a tall order.

this isnt unique to path to glory though, this has always been a problem with every type of warhammer campaign, be it path to glory, crusade, narrative back in whfb, its just a structural problem that clashes with the way wargames are as a whole
>>
>>93721613
>freeguild general could have a horse, banner, different weapons, etc
>then it became just the one weapon
>then it got replaced by coterie a la gobapalooza for no fucking reason other than GW has this bizarre mandate of making all figures in a box be one unit
>>
>>93721613
It'd be really cool to give my general a hammer and have it actually perform as a hammer with [profile]
>you can put whatever you want on your models
Ok, well I have a hammer on my general.
>the hammer uses the profile of the Fuckulatiator Dreadspear

Berry cool.
>>
>>93721655
Path to Glory should have just been basically a reprint of the old Chaos booklet Path to Glory. In fact, that should have been what Warcry was, instead Warcry was just shit. PtG for AoS is just an escalation league, which is really fucking gay.
>>
>>93721665
Anvil of Apotheosis is coming back.
>>
>>93721680
for path to glory to work, it needs to be honors, titles, scars, deeds, casualties, etc but no impact on the gameplay rules themselves.

as soon as you add gameplay rules, it immediately becomes relegated to the most niche corner of the hobby and unusable in 95% of games and events.
>>
>>93721638
I do (Though I might magnetize a few models since both options look equally cool)
The issue is that most players don't.
>>
File: IMG_5679.jpg (1.4 MB, 2586x2945)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
Found my hedonites scheme
>>
>>93721818
Have fun with all that white I guess...
>>
>>93720424
>>93720547
Warlocks are bad models but good units now.
It's perfectly fine and a great start for an army.
You no longer need to go all Sneks/elves and can mix/match using the heroes to make a regiment for each of them.

Very fun army to play
>>
>It's another Two Fags Arguing thread

>>93721570
I just wanna say, best girl. Good taste anon. What army do you play?
>>
>>93722070
I don't play, I collect DoK.
>>
So is counter charge 1cp according to the app or 2cp according to the core book?
Also when do i perform my charge when i declare a counter charge? After my opponent finishes all his charges or directly after I declared my countercharge?
>>
>finally found a good rhinox hide equivalent from another brand

Yes. Finally i'm free. That was the last citadel paint I hadn't found a good substitute for
>>
>>93722548
>Also when do i perform my charge when i declare a counter charge? After my opponent finishes all his charges or directly after I declared my countercharge?
read the core rules please.
>>
Path to Glory fag update:

I watched my Steam Tank run over and kill 2 Prosecutors, 3 Liberators, and almost a Lord-Veritant.

The Gargoylian Mascot in the Command Corps killed a Prosecutor with a single bite.

Still lost, but the game was tight until the crits started rolling in because Cities has fuck all for Ward saves.

>joyfully painting 6 tally marks on my tank's hull and giving the dog a golden skull on its base
>>
>>93721680
>instead Warcry was just shit
Low IQ take, warcry is one of the best games modern GW has produced
>>
>>93721665
>No you don’t understand the warscroll has to say hammer (5/3/3/1/2) and not spear (5/3/3/1/2)!
>>
>>93722102
I play and I collect DoK
>>
>>93722756
>>93722756
Anon, he didn't ask for advice about reading, but about how the game is played. When I ask someone how they kept their resin so clear, I am not waiting for a "read your chemistry book" type of advice.
if you know the anwser to the question then help. if you don't, then don't clog up the thread insulting others with low brow comments.
>>
>>93722825
Isn't that a system that requires you to buy multiple warbands to build one deck and with cards going in and out of legality, and multipl formats, it is practicaly impossible for a fresh new player to start, unless someone gives them a list of what they need to buy?
>>
>>93722944
read the rules. it only has a few pages but retards are too lazy and want to be spoonfed.
>>
>>93722956
Anon, I didn't ask for the rules. I don't play the game, I just build stuff for people and make 3d recasts of stuff. answering with "find it some place else" is peak being not helpful. It worse then giving bad advice.
>>
>>93722950
No, Warcry is just mini-AoS with alternating activations. You are talking about Underworlds which is a boardgame with deckbuilding - you buy Underworld warband that is only a box of pushfits and then need to buy their cards separately, unless you buy in a bigger set that also includes the boardgame it self. I think there are also neutral cards and that's where deckbuilding comes in, but really you just take cardboard and make your own cards.

Warcry's only scummy elements is that it encourages buying multiples of the same unit to have more Champion / Priest / Musician figures available. Also it has different stats for units depending on what weapon you decided to glue on.
>>
>>93722981
>>93722944
NTA but the problem is that the question that anon asked is not an edge case or something specific, it shows instead that that he has no understanding of how abilities works, which is something so central to the working of the edition that any actual comprehensive response would require copy pasting the whole section from the rukebook. And at that point what is the difference between reading the rules here and in the pdf? Let alone the fact that if he has missed this he probably has missed a lot more other things.
>>
>>93722944

>Warhammer fans continue to discourage just reading the fucking rulebook

Nobody fucking reads the GHB and it's annoying. They made AoS even MORE simplistic and nobody wants to try doing some homework before showing up to the table.

I don't need someone to know everything. Just enough to at least have a solid basis for any questions that arise in gameplay.
>>
>>93720943
That's a great model you tastlet
>>
>>93723019
nah its kind of something that you want to kitbash with rather than keep as is. The head at least needs to go.
>>
>>93721038
Vampire are cursed with Shyish's entropic magic, all vampires have similarly eroded equipment.
You lorelet.
>>
>>93723004
>>93723016
at least some people here with common sense.
>>
>>93722548
After your opponent finishes all his charges.
>>
The rules are much more compact, easy as fuck to cite too. Please read them.
>>
>>93723256

I've skimmed the rules like 3 times and the only thing I get caught up on is movement and some jank shit with Fusiliers.

I have played 4 games of Spearhead and 2 games of PtG. It's honestly not that hard.

Fusiliers are fucking stupid though.
>>
>>93722825
That's Adeptus Titanicus. Warcry should have just been, as I said, the old Path to Glory. Actual Chaos warbands fighting one another, gaining (or losing) followers, equipment, mutations. Fuck, everyone could turn into a Chaos Spawn. Everyone. It was a bit chaotic. Good times when games were fun. Warcry can hardly compare. The only good thing about it was that it used smaller amounts of miniatures, but that's wasted because they don't take advantage of anything that comes with not dealing with an entire army. There could have been almost infinite potential to get down to the granular, but nope.
>>
>>93723324
literally where does it say this in the core rules??
>>
>>93723433
here, Im gonna spoonfeed you.
Page 13, 13.0 Turn phases
no wonder, GW dumbs their games down every edition.
>>
>>93723433

Counter-Charge says you get to charge, not that you get to charge before your opponent. It's their turn.
>>
>>93723477
dam, thats lame as hell
still playing it so can do it whatever time during their charge phase xd
>>
>>93723498

>knowingly playing a rule wrong

I hope you get to play against nobody but graytide WAACfags.
>>
>>93723498
sure, continue cheating, if it makes you feel like a big man. with your intellect you propably have to, to stand a chance.
>>
>>93723519
>>93723516

sorry lads im too busy homebrewing to make the game more fun for me and my friends
>>
>>93723539
>my friends.
sure, bro.
and since you are too stupid to understand the proper rules, I doubt you are able to homebrew anything worthwhile.
>>
>>93722991
>>93722950

I play Warcry pretty regularly, it's great.
Have played Underworlds and didn't enjoy it at all
>>
>>93723549
i add strength and toughness scores to all units in my games
>>
>>93723577
post them faggot
>>
>>93723433
That's exactly the reason people told you to actually read the fucking rules.
>>
>>93723605
i see now, i just read the command itself rather than the rules for the turn phases
>>
File: 1723139380753456.png (129 KB, 600x591)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>93723618
>>
File: 1712400974328696.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>93723623
>>
Started learning the game with Spearhead against my brother, it's a lot of fun, but I was really ahead and I was trying to play badly to make the game more even. It turns out that 10 clanrats cannot reliably do a single point of damage to a liberator.

Anyways, how about starting with that lore? Are there any okay/good novels people say to start with? Most of what I know about the Old World comes from Total War.
>>
>>93723700

City of Secrets (Cities of Sigmar/Order in general)

Scourge of Fate (Slaves to Darkness, some Darkoath and Slaaneshi)

Realmslayer (Gotrek novel, not a bad primer as he's also learning about the realms)

Soul Wars (key event in AoS lore - The Necroquake

Drekki Flynt novels (Khadron Overlords)

Godeater's Son (Chaos? I'm still listening to it myself, but it features a fall from righteousness)

That's all I can really recommend based on my own readings. Lots of good stuff out there.
>>
>>93723700
>It turns out that 10 clanrats cannot reliably do a single point of damage to a liberator.
Clanrats are not for damaging, they are tarpits and screen. Their role is to stop the enemy. You have other units for killing.
>>
>>93723700
novels tell stories, not lore.
you find lore in the rule books and battle tomes.
>>
>>93723004
Speed for the person who is asking the question. Because if he, clearly, doesn't know how something basic works, then actualy finding where it is will take him a day. And that is if he has a day spare to read AoS rules.

>>93723016
It is only "simplistic" if someone played 3ed. It is very much not simlistic or simple, if you are new . I learned this to be truth after going off on a guy for not being able to operate a CreatBot F1000. I mean it works almost exacly (only easier with the new UI) then the prior generations. And his wife had to explain to me that this was his first day at work, and that he never before worked on a print farm.
>>
>>93722991
Ah good. Then Warcry is the one with the really cool chaos warbands. Wish GW made armies based on those, someone of them look very cool.
>>
>>93723804

I literally started playing AoS proper (non-Spearhead) this week and have a decent enough grasp on the rules with borderline zero reading beyond on the spot for ruling clarification.

You can teach someone Spearhead in an hour. 4th can be taught in roughly 2 if the teacher isn't bad.
>>
>>93723817
How much outside of AoS table top gaming expiriance do you have? Because you smell of that "I never painted a model and turns up to be a 5 years arts major, with specialisation in XVIIth century dutch painting restoration" kind of a "new" player.
>>
>>93723824

Literally none. I bought Lost Relics at Barnes and Noble for $6, walked into a Warhammer Store to get supplies, and ended up buying a Fusil-Major and some paints.

Unless you want to somehow count Munchkin as a TTG, then I've played that roughly 7 times.

4th literally isn't that complicated. It gets fucky with armies/units, but the core ruleset is pretty streamlined.
>>
>>93723804
>Because if he, clearly, doesn't know how something basic works, then actualy finding where it is will take him a day. And that is if he has a day spare to read AoS rules.

The problem is that if he doesn't know something this basic there are high chances he never actually read the rules. So spending twenty minutes (not one day, AoS rules are not that long) to read the rules it's absolutely something he needs to do. Because again, if he he never read the rules then it's doubtful that how abilities works is the only thing he doesn't know.
>>
Is there a tier list for spearhead warbands?
>>
>>93723835
If he is new. he will not read the rule, up until it screws him over in a way that affects his life (loses a store prize placing, because of it).

he doesn't need the rule. He needs to be explained how stuff works, which button to press, which to not press and why he should not put his head in to X, when the whoa whoa whoa sound is going off.
>>
>>93718522
what sucks is we cant get the Chaos Warriors that came with the Start Collecting from like 18 months ago. That one had alot of extra bare heads, which both the current and TOW one don't have.
>>
>>93723871

>If he is new. he will not read the rule,
>he doesn't need the rule

Why even get into a hobby like this if you don't intend to learn the basic mechanics of it? Holy fuck that's retarded.

Just be painting-only at that point. Nobody wants to play with someone who has to hit up their GHB every 3 seconds and makes a game 3x longer that needed.
>>
>>93723858
Sss tier: ones I like

F tier: ones you don't like.
>>
I played a game of siggy stardust and I liked it. I have Cities of Sigmar. I wanna add some wizards and do magic shit. What's a goodun?
>>
>>93723891
Try again. This time in english.
>>
>>93723858
F tier (Yours), SSS tier (Mine)
>>
>>93723898
me play game
me like game
me have grugg of gruggmar
me want shaman for gruggmar
what good one?
>>
>>93723880
Because mechanics and rules are unimportant. What is important is to win games. And the more confusing you make the game, the more error potential your opponent has and the higher chance that with so many things wrong you can slip in something, that maybe isn't legal, but as long as you don't get caught it is okey.
>>
>kainan's reapers have "nadirite weapons" on their warscroll but they don't have the crit effect
That's dumb, and they're legends so I guess it will never be fixed
>>
File: 4you.gif (367 KB, 498x278)
367 KB
367 KB GIF
>>93723923

Your posts are dumb as fuck and I hope you're just baiting.
>>
>>93723928
I have been told that on multiple western forum that is true, but let me ask you one question. How is your grasp on the societies and cultural norms of North Asia and Eastern Europe?
>>
>>93723923
>What is important is to win games.
The goal of the game is to win.
The point of the game is to have an entertaining time.
>>
>>93724011
There is nothing more entertaining then see someone, who spent 500$+ on an army, and countless army painting, lose. Especialy if he thinks/has a better grasp of the rules, then you do. It is orgasmic in how good it feels.

>>93723927
Maybe GW will bring them back in 5th or 6th ed.
>>
>>93723883
>>93723908
But what if he uses the same warbands as you ?
>>
>>93724024
if he has a better grasp of the rules, he will call out your bullshit. its not difficult to spot retards that are too dumb for the rules.
>>
>>93723891
the alchemite warforger is a pretty standard pick. he's cheap, has a good ability, and a cool model. no longer the auto include he used to be but he's good if you're just looking for a cheap wizard

but a question to ask is, you have cities of sigmar but what kind? is it all humans? or do you have a mix? because the new army construction makes things difficult. for example, the sorceress is a cheap wizard that can reliably get +1 to cast, but if you arent including elf units she's dead weight since she'll add a drop. a battlemage or warforger are similarly cumbersome if you plan to run all elfs or dwarfs (in my opinion cities is best right now as a mixed race faction, but i know thats not most peoples cup of tea from a hobbying perspective)
>>
File: 1723398207280808.jpg (61 KB, 761x715)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
So Malerion will be released in a VS box with Tyrion right?
They sure are setting it up with the entire ulgu/hysh coldwar shit.
>>
>>93724296
it would be weird for them to do that, VS boxes where everything is brand new only happen with editions starter sets, and those are not going to contain characters so important (and likely big) as malerion and tyrion.

I think feast of bones was the only example where one side was completely new, but of course it didn't contain katakros and the other side was old ogres with one new model

perhaps they could copy that and make the umbraneth side new but the lumineth side the current existing models
>>
>>93724094

then its my paintjob (sistine chapel) and your paintjob (abortion)
>>
File: EKxlyGy8fJu7RCaY.jpg (152 KB, 700x794)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
I think Underworlds might actually be dead for real.
>>
>>93724801
It was competing for a niche with Warcry, and more people liked Warcry
>>
>>93724296
unlkely since nobody cares about shitty elves.
>>
File: IMG_20240826_160748.jpg (1.64 MB, 1976x3890)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
>>93724801
They can make more money by selling premium collectible special characters parties than underworlds bands.
>>
>>93724296
Malerion is probably a 5e starter versus death. Also I think versus boxes are dead.
>>
>>93724296
I doubt it
They're both going to be huge models so either the vs box ends up being very expensive or Malerion and Tyrion only bring like 10 dudes along to their big fight which would make the whole thing a bit underwhelming
>>
>>93724860
I'm not gonna lie, I would probably buy whatever death version this is if it has a single decent looking vampire in it.
>>
>>93724860
Everything about those boxes screams 'moving to legends at the end of 4th edition'
>>
>>93724801
I'm a little surprised that Warcry doesn't seem to be getting a roadmap. Briar & Bone only came out recently so I don't think anyone was expecting a new release to be unveiled so soon, but for the first time in a while there's no outline of what will come next.
>>
>>93724801
That's shit, it was a neat way to get unique sculpts. Game itself was pretty fun minus GW trying to constantly fuck with the rules for 0 reason. They felt the need to change mechanics and tokens every box set but in the lamest ways imaginable.
>>
>>93724801
that been known for a while anon
>>
File: 1678642436368217.png (55 KB, 247x247)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>93724801
I guess Kill Team and Necrobunder are dead too, cause theyaren't there either
>>
>>93724953
I heard the underworlds team took everyone down with themselves.
>>
>>93724953
They just released and revealed stuff for those.
>>
>>93724319
>two leadbelchers
What were they thinking with that set ?
>>
>>93724885
Sure anon, here you go :)
>>
>>93724999
Rumours with no sources don't need to be typed out Anon, you could have saved yourself a micro calorie by not typing unfiltered garbage out.
>>
>>93725118
Can't a guy just shitpost while coping that they killed off the side game I actually enjoy.
>>
>>93725117
Holy shit I'm just noticing, does this fucking box not even come with Radakar? What the fuck
>>
>>93724801
Ok but like .....can we all agree that it weird that only TWO games are actually going reveal models

One of them not even having a roadmap to it.

Like is 40k that scuff that it got nothing to show off until LVO. Like they're going to get hit with the monday articles reveals agian
>>
What the fuck is the nova open anyways
>>
>>93724801
>smegmarines and a bb team
Fucking lame
>>
>>93725167
>Like is 40k that scuff that it got nothing to show off until LVO. Like they're going to get hit with the monday articles reveals agian

It's more like 40K had a cancelled reveal show where they were supposed to show BA etc so they had to dribble it out on mondays instead.

They did a similar thing last year with a "No-40K" reveal show shortly after Leviathan release and Nid reveals.
>>
>>93724953
new kill team edition was already announced, Necromunda got a release last week
>>
>>93725184
It's an event where they announce new minis.
>>
>>93725167
blood bowl doesn't really need a road map GW just release teams when they get the chance
>>
>>93725129
Sorry mate, too used to retards on this board... I also enjoyed the hell out of Underworlds, Nightvault-Beastgrave, maybe Direchasm was the peak of the game in my opinion, had tons of fun with friends but then the needless complexity added every season just kinda crushed the game under its own weight and rotation was a bitch. Rivals came too late I think, the constant deck updates, massive release schedule and the price jacking (boxes went from 24 to 32.5€ where I live in the course of 2-3 years) and tad wonky power balance (Mollog was a nightmare to deal with in Beastgrave) had already taken a bite out of the game.

At least now we can grieve together
>>
i keep pulling my punches so i dont feel like an asshole, but its losing me a lot of games. i'm on like a 8 game losing streak now
>>
>>93725187
Oh fuck, those are the only two games showing new models? I didn't even notice the separation before. Fuck this.
>>
>>93725184
convention that's mostly for game tournaments, GW try to discourage interest in anything else there with significant release events
>>
>>93725187
gonna be laughin at you when full desolation chamber mogs the fuck out of redditrats.
>>
>>93725246
>he thinks smegmarines are going to mog anything
>>
>>93725246
Sigmarines have been consistently mogged by every other army in the game.
>>
>>93725167
They already announced that the show would be more about mapping the road ahead than about model reveals. It shouldn't come as a surprise now.
>>
>>93725061
>we can't give them too much of a good deal now can we?
>>
>>93725206
Direchasm was peak, I've grown to appreciate some of the harrowdeep teams, I'm hopped in around Direchasm and had a blast. Me and my friends still play some rivals for a quick game. I hope it's not dead, even if for just the model sets they put out.
>>
>>93725191
Warcry also just got a releas, yet it doesn't stop some of you faggots from dooming and glooming.
>>
>>93725061
They probably couldn't cram all those shitty 20 year old ogre sprues in the box.
>>
File: 20240826_101538.jpg (2.38 MB, 4032x1513)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>93725206
Ripperino underworlds, now watch as they make a 40k one instead.
>>
>>93725360
warcry got it's last release lmao
>>
>>93725246
Nothing can top finally getting plastic globadiers after decades of waiting.
>>
>>93721905
Pretty easy if you got the right primer
>>
>>93720547
I bought two, the warlocks are... not bad, just lack synergy. Rest of it is nice because you can build it both ways, blood stalkers, blood sisters... DoK don't have that many kits. It's nice because you can try different units and see which work best for your. But, you can also resist the temptation. Shooty sneks are better in 10. Aelves are better in 20. Lifetakers suck, build Heartrenders, fire and flight. The sweet extra hags and avatars and medusa from cauldrons are awesome. Then, play with them. Learn if you like going full snake with mommy Morathi, or if you want to lean into aelf blender. The army is kind of boring in that way, not many versatile playstyles.
>>
>>93725578
that's why their reveal was entirely forgettable, 100% resculpts that look basically the same.
>>
>>93721283
>Alarielle? Drycha? Lady of vines?
Why are all those in one army? Can't they share? Are they trying to give me a wood?
>>
>>93725625
Warlocks are one of the best warscrolls in the game now. 150 points for a 15w 14" move wizard that doesn't take a hero slot, and has probably the best unlimited spell in the game.
>>
>>93725630
Here's the part wherein I outline how the models are not actually "100% resculpts" and then you dismiss me with some kind of insult, likely one insinuating that I have ASD.
>>
>>93725630
That's fine, I don't need my dick blown off to get rats in big armor with halberds, gas rats, gun rats (3 kinds), and 2 heroes + new gnarly verminlord. I'm not sure what new sigmarine stuff could be too exciting since they're basically just bringing back old stuff but hey; whatever sparks joy for you!
>>
File: stormbingo.png (139 KB, 1056x1111)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>93725726
>I'm not sure what new sigmarine stuff could be too exciting since they're basically just bringing back old stuff
there are many options for wednesday.
>>
>>93726187
Fattercast would be fucking hilarious, just boulders made of metal clomping around.
>>
>>93718853
Are the aerolas sculpted on it or what
>>
>>93720896
> 40kek rapeugee complete with his FOMO slop, unpainted Tyranid on the wrong base
You arent wanted
>>
>>93721205
> my paladin with 90 points of magic items on a 50 point limit character
So you can't even read the rules?
If you are that retarded why should I listen to your opinion on literally anything else? If you can't understand 'no more than 50 points' what else are you fundamentally misunderstanding?
>>
>>93725214
Why don't you play the game as intended and try and beat your opponent.
>>
>>93725184
Secondary located
>>
When do the new Skaven get released sigmar bros?
>>
>>93725700
Pretty autistic breakdown there huh rainman
>>
>>93724860
Had to do a double take when I saw Callis & Toll was like 65$ after discount. What the fuck. UW bands are like half that. I really hate underworlds/warcry/RoR shit in the game. I use some as proxies but it's so out of place in a war game. Also fuck gargants.
>>
>Spearhead
>Warcry
>Underworlds
C'mon, we aren't keeping three
>>
>>93727047
>a squad of 5 dudes is out of place
uh, ok bro.
>>
>>93724872
>Starter without Stormcast
Comeonnow
>>
>>93727095
I know trouble reading faces is a symptom of autism, I didn't know reading silhouettes was another.
>>
Is maggotkin good beginner army? I like the fatboys on the flies.
>>
>>93727158
>durr my guys all have to look same
and you say I have autism rofl.
>>
>>93727174
Yeah they're a solid beginner pick with a fairly simple play pattern even if their low movement is a bit punishing. The 4D chess armies at the moment are Sylvaneth, spell-heavy Tzeentch, and Kruleboyz so anything but those is a pretty easy recommend.
>>
>>93727174
Its easy to collect and paint, its not easy to win with for a beginner currently. The braindead starter army is std.
>>
>>93727267
Isn't STD more Slaanesh than Nurgle?
>>
>>93727047
Underworlds has some of my favorite sculpts, even if some of the newer stuff hasn't bern the most exciting it'd be a damn shame to lose cheaper heto alternatived.
>>
File: ugskedqa9ox81.jpg (192 KB, 1600x1200)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
I'm new to warhammer I've only painted the free guys they give you at the store but I'm coming in here just to say that I think the gloomspite gitz are prettyyyy cooool
Any fun ideas for how I could incorporate the bloody gore effect in picrel into the gloomspite gitz? I'm an edgelord and I want to make a bunch of goblins covered in blood
>>
>>93727890
teeth, weapons, squig undebellies
>>
>>93727890
My neighbor who apparently did a bunch of oldhammer told me about doing the ball loon guys and having it look like they're doing a swirling gore vortex or like smashing clean through a dude.

I've been meaning to ask him for how to do it since I wanna get my flesh eater counts gopped up.
>>
>>93725654
Yeah, now. Thing is buying toy soldiers for something as ephemeral as bits of text on a book that GW can and will change is incredibly stupid.
If I want warlocks I'm either getting the raging heroes elf cav girls or converting cavalry into centaur elf girls. The latter conversion is basically hell because in their infinite wisdom GW moulded the legs of the rider onto the horse itself.
>>
>>93723168
Okay, fair enough. She's still ugly tho
>>
>>93727945
ask him if he can get some pics too, that sounds cool
>>
>>93725184
Huge tournament in Washington DC that started as a way to raise money for charity. It still does that will it's raffle tickets and main tournaments but also now has more vendors, painting classes, etc.
> tournament for a charity???
I wouldn't expect soulless yuros to understand.
>>
>>93725246
That's weapons grade opium.
>>
>>93728105
We don't understand US "charities" because here if you get stuff or money, you have to give 100% of it to the charity takers. The whole "Charity for X, but w have costs, so 80% of the money goes to run the Charity". is beyond our understanding, you are right and on point with that.
>>
>>93727959
you don't have to buy them, they come in everything and every box on ebay with them has been discounted another $30 cheaper on top of the bundle discount because of their presence.
>>
>>93728176
how much did you donate last year then?
>>
>>93728361
3 tons of potatoes and 20L of milk every day for the local school from 1st of september till last day of june. self delivered too.
>>
>>93728176
I realize that this level of organization is probably impossible for yuros were donating ah... potatoes... is the norm, but the government publishes lists, and charities are required by law to provide the information, that states how much of proceeds go to the cause and how much is used to run the organization. Generally around 90% to 100% of proceeds to the cause shows the charity isn't just a scheme, and such information is once again freely available.
>>
>>93724801
>GW:"Uh look we even have a roadmap to tell you that there will be an SCE, Skaven and 2 Chaos Battletomes till the end of the year that most likely get delayed anyway."
It's fucking pathetic.

>>93727890
A fanatic that splooshes something in to particels of gore should be fun. Fellwater Troggoth puking Blood works fine as well. A Dankgold with a clenched body in his fists that dripples down on to the base or a big net in the Spiderfang-Howdah full of gory parts ripped apart maybe? It's a creative hobby so go nuts.
>>
>>93728689
one of those mystery battletomes is going to be destruction chud.
>>
Played a 1000pt game today using Belladama + Torgilius and 40 wolves vs Belthanos + Durthu, branchwych and 3 sword kurnoths.

The small 1000pt board actually worked against my wolves as durthu made a turn 1 counter charge into my big wolf blob, killed half the unit and denied me a battle tactic.

Then Belthanos and Durthu each took out a wolf unit turn 2 and stood on 2/3 objectives, winning the game by default because I didn't have the firepower to kill either of them.

So there you go guy who kept telling me my list was OP, it has clear counterplay and may end up not being strong at all!
>>
File deleted.
>>93729468
>Turn 1 seals the game

Thats why TOW is much better.
>>
>>93729468
Yeah Durthu's a murder machine even if he can't find any monsters to hunt, dude averages like 16.75 rend 2 damage per combat phase with AOA or Wrathful Guardian.
>>
>>93729468
You bring back 6 wolves a unit twice a round, you have 3 cast for morbid, -1 damage, strike last, -1 to wound. Sounds like a player issue.
>>
>>93729688

>6 wolves per unit

No I fucking don't.

You can bring back *up to* 3 wounds, which means 1 wolf per hero, and that's only if the unit isn't damaged in which case first hero heals the unit and next hero brings back one wolf to it.

It's also difficult to keep 3 wolf units wholly within 12 of two heroes while grabbing objectives.
>>
>>93729688
>You bring back 6 wolves a unit twice a round
Heal up to 1 wolf and revive 1 wolf twice a round, Deathly Invocation restores 3hp worth of health and/or models and wolves are 2hp.
>>
>>93729722
I meant wounds, he has torg. Dude just sucks, and took a cheese list and got stomped because he's ass.
>>
>>93729722

It's not even that good

"*if the target is damaged heal(3) the target"
"*if the target is not damaged, return a number of slain models to it with a combined health characteristic of up to 3"

You don't get to do both.
>>
>>93729740

I only ever get 2 wolves back per unit at maximum if no wolf was left wounded. And that's with torg.
That's 4 wounds per unit.

Also nice job trying to play your ignorance off as a mistake, I'm sure everyone here totally bought it.
>>
File: 1724392860739635.png (380 KB, 1143x1143)
380 KB
380 KB PNG
>seraphon spearhead sold out on amazon
>>
>>93729740
I mean he was up against a list that was a weapon swap away from being mini Treefort playing at a scale that favors Sylvaneth with a list with no real damage. With no reasonable way to threaten big healing monsters or even the trees he had to rely on wolf bulk and recursion to hopefully stall out and win primarily on primaries and that clearly wasn't enough.
>>
>>93729503
> tow is so much better
> painstakingly measure out possible charge ranges, dispel auras
> oh you made the charge? Lmao +5 static combat res I still win
> oh you want to play infantry? Lmao I'm only skirmishers and swiftstride
> shooting? OK you hit on 4s... wait you are out of half range (12") and I'm slightly behind a bush (light cover minus one) and you only shoot your front rank... wait you moved? Minus one... OK so you have 5 shots hitting on 7s.
> you hit my chaos dragon lord on 6s. Also I have a 2+/5++/5+++.
> my empire/dwarf list doesn't use the movement phase (besides getting my skirmishers in front of all your shit. Also I have 3 cannons 2 hellblaster and 3 lvl 4 wizards
Yeah TOW is so much fun!!! Who would want to have units with ranks in a rank and flank right fellow chads????
>>
>>93729468
1k games are not AoS. You should have just played Spearhead.
>>
>>93729828
sounds like you don't know why that gay ass list is good either, deserved loss.
>>
>>93727127
A finger on the monkey's paw curls.
Malerion Reforged rides the Avatar of Dracothion to battle at the head of the new Extremis Chamber relaunch for 5th.
>>
>>93724211
I don't have a lot right now, just the army box and a cannon. I didn't know the forger was a wizard, I'll keep him in mind. A mixed army would be fun, I do like the Dark Elf models. Does a regiment have to have all the same subfaction?
>>
File: sons.png (3.33 MB, 1710x900)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB PNG
So in a Sons list Brodd is practically autopick
Whats the purpose of the mancrusher mob? They seem inferior to any mega gargant
>>
>>93730254

Regiments can be mixed races (lmao). Subfactions aren't a thing unless you count Battle Formations.
>>
>>93730353
Aight, bet. One last question: do you think they're gonna get rid of the Battlemage on Griffon? I don't wanna get one and have it disappear. It looks fucking rad as hell
>>
>>93730367

I would say eventually. That could be soon, it could be 3 years from now when 5th drops. It's an old model and we just "lost" all the Dwarf stuff for TOW.

I wouldn't worry about it either way. Worst case is its a proxy for whatever they replace it with.
>>
File: Aracknarok_Spider.PNG.png (1.48 MB, 565x853)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
Are the spiders that the spider riders ride the same species as arachnarok spiders or are they completely separate? I don't have any of the rpg books but I can't seem to find an exact answer for it
>>
>>93730367
>>93730399
If you're gonna get one, get it now. The chaos lord on manticore is going to go up in price by $20, and no way in hell is the griffon not going to see the same fate.
>>
File: Settra_Rules.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1283)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>93717350
Soon
>>
>>93730403
No. The "giant spiders" they ride comprise a variety of species, as per Champions of Destruction:
>The stalktribes raise many breeds, with such names as Greyfang, Chamonite Ironweb, and Shrieking Manglespitter, but each possesses potent venom, steel-piercing mandibles, and nimble legs which can scale tangled thickets and shattered ruins alike.
>>
>>93729855
im glad there are people on here that can describe so succinctly how shit tow is lul
>>
>>93730399
>>93730593
Yeah, sounds about right. Are people running empire greatswords and such as steelhelms then?
My FLGS has that one kit with the Teferi looking Battlemage and the luminark/hurricanum in stock, is that worth?
>>
>>93730815

I don't see any proxies at my LGS. Don't know if that's a preference thing or because it's an actual Warhammer store.

I'd say maybe the Luminark. CoS has very little ward save (>Steelhelms Consecration is a bitch to actually pop off) and more shooting is always good.
>>
>>93730934
Sounds good, I'll probably pick that box up then. What about the Hurricanum? I imagine that Battlemage doesn't have any special rules either
>>
>>93730995

I should disclose my experience with the army at large is limited, but the Ward save stuff would have probably won me a game yesterday so I stand by that one.

If it looks cool, go for it I guess. The Warscroll is underwhelming to me, but again, kind of a new idiot to this.
>>
>>93731006
Ah ain't no thing. I play 40k too and of my five armies there three of them are horde, one's a tactical marine spam list, and the other is fucking Sisters, so a bunch of high model count, expensive armies. Which means of fucking course I pick a horde army for Sigmar. If I can keep my model count down with war machines I don't mind that one bit.
>>
>>93731047

>be me not trying to spend my life savings on AoS, but don’t want to play SCE (snore) or Sons ($$$ per model)
>zero painting experience (this is important to note)

>somehow end up with Hedonites and Cities

I’m actually retarded. Painting trim and banners has nearly broken me, and the Blissbarb Archers are finishing the job.
>>
I just realized that the Christmas box for seraphon had the warcry band in it, was that the first time a warcry band popped up in a bundle box for the main game?
>>
>>93731081
Oeuf. Hedonites was actually the army I played against for my first game of 4e (I played a game of 2e a while back and didn't care for it), cool army. Those -1A whip guys did some work
>>
Hey, 40k player looking to get into AoS here: Which army is the most like the Custodes? By which I mean, super elite infantry that is very hard to kill but you only field a few units.
>>
aos4 feels so dead why is gw shilling old world and kill team and 40k this was supposed to be our year
>>
>>93731623
well I mean I guess you have stormcast, slaves to darkness seems to fit the bill too. Low model count armies are almost universal to all armies because it seems like you're running two war bands at on average which is like 1/3 of minis you will see compared to 40k.
>>
>>93731632
People are just too busy playing the game ig.
>>
>>93724953
necromunda and kill team just did their big announcements/releases
>>
>>93729468
I mean, you are in good company when someone brings durthu and belthanos in a 1k game lol
>>
>>93729855
> shooting? OK you hit on 4s... wait you are out of half range (12") and I'm slightly behind a bush (light cover minus one) and you only shoot your front rank... wait you moved? Minus one... OK so you have 5 shots hitting on 7s.
thats a good thing. shooting cucks can fuck off.
>>
>>93731623
stormcast can but they are super wonky. LOTS of trap units, only a handful of good ones and the good ones tend to skew you into janky playstyles.

slaves to darkness are probably more what you are looking for from a gameplay perspective, particularly chosen and varanguard. absolute fuckoff murder machines with extremely low model count and ludicrous melee damage and durability, units of 6 varanguard or 10 chosen can practically solo enemy armies if not dealt with properly.

beyond that, if they can fix the math on ironjawz, that is kind of their niche as well, but ironjawz are currently fucked.

nurgle and khorne can also do something kind of similar to slaves but with some differences. khorne has better access to priest support, out of phase shenanigans at the expense of not hitting quite as hard, and nurgle is more of an elite tarpit with lots of deployment shenanigans, debuffs, and chip damage at the cost of being very pillow fisted.

deepkin can also kind of do the old custodes jetbike list like back when that was good. they have elite flying 3 man cavalry units and 1 man gunboats that can fight, low model count and high speed, and army wide strikes first in melee turn 3
>>
>>93731827
>>93731623
oh and another option is seraphon. if you lean into kroxigor and aggrodon lancers, they are brick shithouses with a ton of wounds and multi damage attacks. not as crazy as slaves varanguard or chosen, but also not quite as expensive. and they have a wide army list if you want to splash into more regular infantry or fast cavalry. their monsters are kind of shit though fair warning massively overcosted and undertuned, a problem plaguing most monsters in the game at the moment, but seraphon in particular
>>
>>93731623

definetely Ogors, their monsters suck shit atm but their infantry is tanky and hits hard as
>>
>>93731827
>>93731844
>>93731623

and trolls also deserve some consideration. probably the tankiest units in the game, their basic guys field in units of 3, and they have single model bruiser units too. slow as molasses but god damn unkillable. swingy melee profiles with high damage and rend but poor hit rolls, when they land they land but they swing at air a lot.

ogres....look elite but its a horde army in disguise. low model count but the models you do get are shockingly flimsy, they dont survive prolonged fights and rely on initial impacts deleting any opposition to survive, though they can muscle lesser infantry off objectives very well provided they dont actually do any damage since the ogres have a glass jaw
>>
>>93731655
>>93731827
>>93731844
>>93731852
>>93731863
I see, thanks. I'm mostly looking for a cheap (monetarily speaking) army that is easy to carry around, so something that requires me to only have to buy a few units and can fit in a single case is ideal.
>>
>>93731883
something else to keep in mind is that age of sigmar armies overall are about 30-50% smaller size than 40k armies. so even a normal force will be considerably smaller than a normal 2k pt 40k army, with the exception maybe of shit like goblins or skaven
>>
>>93731883
The good news is points are much less shit than 40k, I wound up with 2 workable armys and some good terrain and endless spells for around 500 bucks.
>>
Could you make a Slaves to Darkness army of
>Abraxia and Varanguard
>Darkoath units
work? I like the idea of hyper elite units with a horde of meatshields and Chaos is cool
>>
>>93732217
it would be alot of money, and a fuck ton of trim you would have to paint, but im pretty sure its one of the more workable armies.
>>
>>93732241
The money part isn't much of an issue because this will be a 1.5k list for now, more of a painting project I will get some games in with than trying to make a competitive list but I wanted to make sure it would be pilotable at least.
Do you think it would be better to use a Demon Prince or Eternus over Abraxia?
>>
>>93731883
Your best bet is Stormcast
>Elite
>Cheap money wise
>Mostly bulky armor instead of finicky pieces, but some models do have those.
Stormcast half of Skaventide gets you 1080 points in 19 models, 4 of which are mortal relic bearers like Grimaldus has or a Gryph hound.
>>
File: 1724425874095834.png (596 KB, 640x480)
596 KB
596 KB PNG
Man, I almost found a nagash for 70 bucks but the guy selling it is in prison and no one knows what happened to the nagash. Fuck man, I was really excited.
>>
>>93732282
>cheap

This is generally a misconception. The stuff that's cheap isn't good and the stuff thats good isn't cheap
>>
>>93732429
Liberators, Terminos, Vigilant on Gryph, and Prosecutors all stand out as holding their own at worst and are all in that half.
>>
>>93732442

I have yet to see Prosecutors do anything outside of charge in and immediately die.

>I refuse to acknowledge that is the wrong way to use them.
>>
>>93732629
i think thats probably from people overestimating them. they arent going to clear an anvil, but they are great for getting in backlines and tearing apart castles or picking off isolated objective holders, and their speed allows them to clear a target and then be halfway across the board next turn, and they have insane countercharge threat range too.

but yeah i think people trying to use them as an alpha hammer will just be throwing them away every game.

>>93732442
i remain unconvinced that terminos or vigilant are worth the drops or points when they are contending with picks like ionus, gardus, double dragons, various dragon riders, yndrasta, bastian, or budget value picks like knight arcanum or knight judicator

i love the models but the hero competition is stiff

i will say though on the infantry side, i do think both vanquishers and vigilors have play, and they are fairly reasonably priced, i think you get 10 in a box for $60. probably not quite the cutting edge 5-0 units but much better than liberators or vindictors
>>
>>93732693

I had a Unit charge my Command Corps and one died to the D3 Gargoylian's bite. The other 2 died to my Steam Tank's wheels.

I feel like almost any sort of melee with them is a free kill for your enemy. Just shoot and scoot around objectives.
>>
>>93732708
did they not fight with the prosecutors first?
>>
>>93732713

Into the tank, yes. The Command Corps were mistakenly ignored.
>>
>>93732724
he put too much faith in those prosecutors. trying to take on a steam tank and a command corp at the same time. command corp plus a steamtank is 490pts of value. even reinforced a unit of prosecutors is only punching at 280, and a steam tank is a fucking hard target, its got a 2+ save base and prosecutors only have rend -1.

this unironically sounds like a skill issue on the part of the stormcast player, i would not take that interaction as an indictment of prosecutors. that was a misplay
>>
>>93732755

It was to deny shooting is my guess. Stupid tank ended up killing a bunch of Liberators too before taking 6 MWs from one of the Skaventide heros.

I cope that it should have Ward by virtue of being a tank and most CoS stuff doesn't.
>>
>>93731883
Trogs are pretty tanky and elite. I know people also like kroxigors from seraphon for a lot of the same reasons.
>>
Can you play AoS with square bases? Thanks kings
>>
>>93732925
Yeah, while an autistic opponent might argue about measurements it's no big deal. Play as though they're rounds and don't be a dick if the square is much bigger or small than the round
>>
>>93732942
coolio. im playing ogres so i dont imagine itll be a massive issue
>>
>>93732982
also when playing spearhead youre limited to the models from that faction's spearhead box, right?
>>
File: 1722819407524428.png (589 KB, 1434x1284)
589 KB
589 KB PNG
>>93732999

Correct.

>check'd
>>
File: relictor.jpg (5.34 MB, 5184x3456)
5.34 MB
5.34 MB JPG
This effect simply wouldn't work as well on the thunderstrike hammers.
>>
>>93732999
Better option than playing 1k games, that's for sure.
>>
>>93732925
If I recall correctly, that's how proto AoS was played
>>
>>93733059
That's fine, I can 3D print all the models I need, thanks King
>>
>>93733070
AoS first edition didn't use base at all in the game. You measured from the actual model.
>>
>>93732629
Prosecutors are meant to fuck up and inconvenience a backfield objective/leader that isn't too tanky.

You run them Reinforced with a Lord Vigilant, then you pop
>Ancient Aura and Finest Hour on them before they deep strike
>Vigilant's Shock and Awe after deep striking
>Vigilant's Deliver Judgement in Combat Phase
That should give you a double fighting, +1 Wound Rolls, -1 to Enemy Hit Rolls, 2+ Save, 5+ Ward unit for a single turn, if you don't kill the target, panic. They shouldn't be dying on their initial turn.

Hopefully they get a Prosecutor Hero announced that helps them but this is all we've got for now.
>>
>>93731655
stormcast aren't tough.
>>
>>93733385
You can't ward or finest hour out of deepstrike.
>>
Who should I use for my 4 gnoblars in ogre spearhead

these monkeys
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-monkey-pirate-bundle-253430

or these platypodes
https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-animal-pirate-pack-platypus-capybara-fish-budgie-octopus-monkey-pre-supported-258433
>>
>>93733441
You apply it before deep striking them. RAW, neither ability requires the target to be on the table.
>>
File: CwGRA6KavCO0YBdQ.jpg (50 KB, 500x633)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
That is certainly an angular thing.
>>
File: Unsolved.jpg (2.71 MB, 2280x5424)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
>>93733513
Last rumour engine chart before nova
>>
>>93733484
units not on the table can't use abilities or be picked as the target of abilities 28.0 advanced abilities rules. Finest hour, pick a unit to use the ability not the player. Bleak citadels pick a unit to be the target.
>>
>>93733513
Dispossessed
>>
>>93733513
Reminds me of Nadirite weapons.
>>
>>93733468
platypodeiiuses
>>
Are there any current Gotrek in age of Sigma books audio books I don't have yet?
>>
>>93733612
wonder how many will be knocked off when we only get stormcast reveals and a bloodbowl team
>>
>>93733680
IIRC Blood Bowl only features in REs when they're specially marked, so I'll assume none of these are for that.
4D is definitely Stormcast, and I'd say that it's definitely getting shown, but I also said that about the Skaven bomb right above it for the previous reveal, and I was wrong there.
>>
>>93733691
i think 2a-c are from the recent kill team reveal
>>
>>93733680
There's one obvious stormcast sword on there, the type usually used by archers. The only other sce that looks even feasible is 8B could be a Memorian.
>>
File: 491mwXHQXYClgNW6.jpg (380 KB, 1000x1231)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
>>93733680
Nah I looked at the reveals pretty carefully and none of the pics match
>>
>>93733807

>>93733807

>>93733807

New thread
>>
File: 34564574.gif (6.33 MB, 498x233)
6.33 MB
6.33 MB GIF
>>93733624
Throw them out the window then
>>
>>93733513
Oh shit, FF7 crossover

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.