[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Gigantosaurus.jpg (143 KB, 672x936)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Math is for blockers edition

>Bans
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/august-26-2024-banned-and-restricted-announcement

>News
The 2025 MagicCon and Pro Tour Schedule:
https://www.magic.gg/news/the-2025-magiccon-and-pro-tour-schedule

Metagame Mentor: The Scariest Standard Strategies in Duskmourn:
https://www.magic.gg/news/metagame-mentor-the-scariest-standard-strategies-in-duskmourn

>Spoilers
http://www.magicspoiler.com/
https://mythicspoiler.com/

CONSTRUCTED RESOURCES
>Current meta, complete with deck lists
https://www.mtgtop8.com/
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/
>Build and share casual decks
https://deckstats.net/
https://tappedout.net/

CUBE RESOURCES
>Build and share Cubes
https://cubecobra.com/landing

CARD RESOURCES
>Search engines
https://scryfall.com/
https://mtg.wtf/
>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://www.makeplayingcards.com/
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM
>Play online for free
https://untap.in/
https://dr4ft.info/

>What is EDH?
https://vocaroo.com/1ihc21gJLBh1

>Previously:
>>94247564

>TQ
Thoughts on the rules changes on blocking and damage calculation?
>>
ahhh good morning /mmg/, I hate commander!
had this weird dream where wotc stared that old universes beyond comic in their office and said
>we will show them
and they announced a spongebob secret lair, lol
>>
File: mtg.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>Universe Beyond products are now standard legal starting with Final Fantasy
>6 standard rotations per year
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>94249990
Most people already played that way, so it's not going to change anything. If anything, people will hear about the change and say "oh, really? Okay.".
>>
File: spongebob.png (2.64 MB, 1920x1080)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB PNG
Post yfw
>>
File: The Prophecy.jpg (393 KB, 1080x1080)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>94250009
2 down, 4 to go
>>
>>94250009
that
made me smile. huh, wotc did it. they managed to make me smile. hey, that's what happiness is, right? after all these years they finally succeeded in their mission to bring happiness in my world! hah
>>
File: file.png (196 KB, 500x516)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>94249972
>>94250009
I fully believe they are using this as a plan, or it's somehow related
Marvel slop is kind of expected, but spongebob is pretty out of left field if you don't think about this comic
>>
>>94250009
I wonder if hillenburg would have liked this.
Wasn't spongebob good again for a season or two after he came back and before he died
>>
>>94250008
I was just trying to make a topic that wasn't more crying about UB. Looks like it didn't work.
>>
File: 1724805029656661.jpg (195 KB, 798x770)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>how to destroy your brand in three easy steps;
>1. alienate your existing customers
>2. aggressively onramp alienated customers from other brands that you've already destroyed
>3. goto 1
>>
>>94249990
Objectively it's a massive nerf to blockers and a massive buff to attackers.
In practice, it won't come in to play like 95%+ of the time, but will be annoying for aggro decks being slightly more powerful
>>
File: 1701413104726242.jpg (33 KB, 320x404)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>94250009
>>
>>94250031
>>2. aggressively onramp alienated customers from other brands that you've already destroyed
???
most of these brands have nothing to do with mtg
>>
>>94250031
That's asuming this will even alienate that many customers. You have to remember that people like us complaining online are a minority. UB sets sell a lot, and in my experience entrenched players buy the most.
>>
File: epicstorm tier list.jpg (88 KB, 1140x465)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
new Legacy tier list dropped
thoughts?
>>
>>94250019
>>94250009
I have become the joker like I swore
>>
>>94250040
I don't have any thought about that picture because none of those cards are from beloved IP like Marvel, the walking dead or spongebob
>>
File: 2026.png (270 KB, 1623x911)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
They also leaked the 2026 release schedule
>>
>>94250033
PM UB when?
>>
File: 1703393810854845.jpg (171 KB, 711x525)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>94250009
>>
>>94250039
>UB sets sell a lot

I know they do I just don't understand who is buying
>>
>>94250047
yugioh and mario would be cool
doesn't lockheed make like, nukes or something
>>
so is magic finally dead
>>
>>94250054
Pulling numbers out of my ass, 70% of people who see "OH POGGERS THERE'S THIS WAY I CAN PLAY AS [MY FAVORITE IP CHARACTER] IN THIS GAME??? SICK" and then 30% "Oh storm gives everything storm that's cool I'll maybe get her."
>>
>>94249990
>TQ
menace is better
prowess is better
aggro in general just gets better. probably didnt need the help
>>
File: 1711562795806.gif (463 KB, 294x233)
463 KB
463 KB GIF
>>94250009
Why is everyone sperging out over this when this is the same thing they've done for Transformers, Fortnite, Jurassic Park, Monty Python, League of Legends, and probably like ten other things at this point
None of you have ever actually seen any of these meme secret lair cards played IRL unless you were the one doing it
>>
>>94250054
Commander players are the main UB audience currently hence why most UB stuff has been commander focused
>>
>>94250081
retards addicted to crying on social media
>>
>>94250047
Yugioh could actually be fun one honestly seeing how they try and replicate iconic yugioh cards and effects in magics rules
>>
>>94250095
>Commander players are the main audience currently hence why most stuff has been commander focused
ftfy
>>
File: 1665362649167272.jpg (30 KB, 720x678)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>94250071

only in the sense that the a train becomes a trainwreck the moment it jumps the tracks
>>
>>94250041
>I have become [Universes Beyond: DC Comic ] Joker, the mad crimelord I swear
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>94249990
>TQ
I can't think of an instance where this change would be impactful.
>>
>>94250081
1) spongebob *feels* different
2) spongebob is specifically part of that one webcomic
>>
>>94250031
least retarded frogposter
>>
File: free.jpg (344 KB, 1375x815)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>94250054

They are very good products if you are looking at them just in terms of value. They as hold value incredibly well for the foreseeable future.

>>94250095
I think there is also a large amount of investors and speculators than actual coomander players buying them, they are also sudo reserve list
>>
>>94250095
>Commander players are the main UB audience currently hence why most UB stuff has been commander focused
You say this yet negan or whoever was running rampant in tournaments for a while
>>
>>94250081
People are just taking the shit at the announcement because it came out at the same time as they announced that the previously thought of as a safe haven from UB, the standard format, was going to be half-UB from now on. It also became a target of mockery because it's an IP that is at the same time very large but also very un-Magic-like; the ones you mentioned are at least IPs where action/combat is often present which translates into Magic better whereas Spongebob is just a gay sponge's slice of life. So it'd at most have gotten weird looks previously but they announced it at the same time as they announced that nothing in Magic was untouchable anymore and you get the present reaction.
>>
so we agree that this might actually be the thing that kills the game, but how would the death actually play out
>>
>>94250081
It's funny because it's spongebob
It's extra funny because it's in that one comic
They announced that a UB set is replacing a magic set
>>
Anyone else really excited for Tarkir because we might get to see more of Ugin and Bolas? WotC isn't really afraid of depicting them looking sexy and they're pretty hot, for dragons anyway.
>>
>>94250187
I'm ""excited"" to see how they manage to fuck up tarkir, again
>>
>>94250162
1. Extra-IP sets are wildly successful for a while.
2. They encroach even further into MTG and crowd out "normal" MTG sets.
3. They get greedy and print the shit out of the (Standard) ones.
4. One premier set is not quite as successful as the previous ones. Maybe they chose a bad IP or the economic situation was bad or there was a WotC scandal or whatever.
5. This makes other right-holders not as interested in signing deals with WotC. Suddenly UB finds itself with lesser IPs that don't attract as wide as a fanbase.
6. Product starts gathering dust on shelves.
7. Hasbro could downsize Magic or return it to its "roots" but would probably quickly and swiftly cut investment in it or sell it out now that it can no longer be milked quite as much.
8. Over status: It's.
>>
>>94250162
>>94250197
2 sets a year was already kind of pushing it
I suppose there isn't exactly too few IPs to go through (especially if they get an entire set out of only spiderman) but even for this you'd think they would want to spread them out a bit more.
>>
>>94250162
It depends on what you define as 'killing' the game. Magic as a distinct IP is effectively dead and it's not coming back. As a whale hunting vessel, however, things are better than ever. I predict more record breaking profits and the ratio of Universes Beyond and original settings gradually shrinking as the years go on (soon 4 to 1, then 9 to 1, then 10 to none). If we get original settings, they will just be more shallow pop culture puddles like OTJ and MKM.
>>
File: saps.png (1.49 MB, 745x1040)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>94250162
Standard and most competitive formats have been dead for several years, pauper is pretty much the only good one.
Outside of that, limited and edh (and kitchen I guess) there's no real use playing the game so worrying about the "health" of constructed has not been on my mind for several years, well before UB was even a thing.
Having fancy anime arts for all my dorks and an actual saproling is one of the better things to happen in a while for all I care.
>>
>>94250047
Lockheed Martin UN set would go kinda crazy
>>
>working on enchantress deck
>Remember Serra's Sanctum exists
>Remember reserve list exists
Day ruined
>>
I was gonna try and get into magic, find some playgroups and have fun, but this UB shit is really turning me off. It's just so god damn immersion breaking.
>>
>>94250314
yeah I'd much rather have the great stories of War of the Spark or March of the Machine, or the great worlds of Thunder Junction or Duskmourn
>>
>>94250054
It's much easier for family members who know nothing about magic to buy gifts
"My grandchild loves playing his little card games and those lord of rings movies. What do you have I can buy?"
Or they just go into the store and see the name of whatever UB set and recognise it so they buy it. It's much more likely to happen than they notice something like "Innistrad" and go "that's what he wants for his birthday"
>>
>>94250270
I'm getting really tired of alt art stuff though. I prefer magic cards to look like magic cards now really.
>>
>>94250322
great. magic is now where it deserves to be.
christmas and birthday slop for teenagers
>>
File: 1719782136001109.jpg (79 KB, 488x680)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
i will play standard if and only if they print natural order into it
>>94250287
do you genuinely think that spending money on real cards is a good idea in this games current state
buy one for a dollar from usea or ron or a playset for $4
if you are too retarded to do otherwise you deserve to be miserable
>>
>>94250330
>I'm getting really tired of alt art stuff though. I prefer magic cards to look like magic cards now really.
I don't.
Magic cards haven't looked like magic cards since the 90s, and pretty much everything since has been varying levels of soulless.
At bar minimum the M15 border gives high readability, whereas the 8ED frame was some bad compromise of "we want it to kind of look like the original but also wanted to modernize it some"
and that's not even getting started on how soulless the art has gotten over the years
flashy anime shit might not be the most cohesive but it's at least pretty to look at, something that you can't say for 95% of current mtg art
>>
File: 1713108232278441.jpg (231 KB, 1438x1768)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>94250338
That's what Magic used to be and it was better for it. Teenagers cannot afford to play Magic anymore, and any that could would prefer to spend money on expensive clothes, video game skins etc. Magic is now a game for university aged people and adults; the playerbase is aging and kids who are introduced to it only engage with the game via prereleases they attend with their parents, or commander.

I think in general, people appriciate gifts like this much more when they're younger. When I was 12 or 13 or something and played Yugioh, my mother ordered some special packs for me from the US and I remember opening them and getting excited about some rare card I pulled and put it in my deck even though it didn't make any sense. I also remember playing the WoW TCG and the guy who created F&B teaching me about bell curve (mana curve) and building a reasonable deck for me out of the handful of random cards I had, giving me some of his own so it would perform better. Now we all just throw money at whatever we want and purchases have no sentimental value. Maybe that's better because it encourages gifts to be more personal, but I think it overall does suck because it just eliminates the option of getting someone a practical gift they can play with and really appriciate.
>>
>>94250148
Returning xoomer here. Haven’t played magic for around 15 years.
Are these sets balanced? How much time do designers put into this slop? And do they introduce new mechanics?
>>
>>94250446
there's various levels, the one you're responding to was the first and in most ways the worst because
>Who the fuck cares about TWD
>Why is TWD in MTG?
>Why is this a FOMO week only thing?
>What if these are too powerful?
>What about reprints
SOME of these were addressed
Currently you have
>Secret Lair
3-5 cards where it's either a skin of an existing card or a unique card
>Mini-set
~100 new cards
>EDH decks
4 100-card edh decks
150-170 new cards, others reprints with new art
>Full sets
~300 new cards PLUS another few hundred from the 4-100 card edh decks, totalling about 700 cards that are either new or have UB skins
>Are these balanced?
Mostly, but then again it only takes 1-2 cards for something to be a broken piece of shit set (See: orcish bowmasters, The One Ring)
>How much designer time
Currently, about 50% of all design time in the company
>New mechanics
A few, the most notable of which was The Ring Tempts You but we've only had one full set, which is presumably where the fully new mechanics will come from.
40k had creature-kicker too I guess
Final Fantasy will be full ~700 card sets so you can likely expect a new mechanic or two in there, same with Spiderman.
>>
actually the asscreed thing had freerunning
and fallout had rad counters
so yea most things probably have a new mechanic and I just don't care to remember them
>>
>>94250400
>I'll try anything once. Twice if someone is watching.
This game always had a gay agenda.
>>
>>94250343
>do you genuinely think that spending money on real cards
I have zero intent on spending any money on this deck, I just hate the reserve list and avoid using cards on it on principle
>>
Its fucking over.
https://x.com/wizards_magic/status/1849914359306179005/quotes
>>
>>94250400
I started playing mtg in college around like 2010.
Back when I was a little kid in like the 90s I know I got some yugioh cards and pokemon cards (I think I tried to play them once but never got into it) but I still liked them because I liked pokemon (and I liked the yugioh anime)
If mtg's brand identity wasn't literally always its weakest aspect I might have found out about it much earlier than I did, but it was always a relatively niche nerd thing, and it continues to be, but suits demand more so it needs to stop being a niche nerd thing and be a niche nerd thing that has captain america in it
If they were smart (they aren't) they'd go for other big tcgs, most people who buy pokemon cards don't play the game, they just collect the cards.
You know how much money they would get if they put out a pokemon set and had serialized xXx rare super-max-jp-art charizards? The card could cost RRRRRRRRR and be a 3/3 with fear and it would still be one of the most sought after cards.
And that's not even getting into something like yugioh where you could milk yugiboomers and the people jacking off to maxx-c and ass blast 'em alike.
>>
>>94250501
>Most popular ff villain gets a card
wow, I'm surprised
>>
>>94250501
Fuck I hate women and effeminate men so much it hurts
>>
I love women
especially my gf
>>
File: grandpa.png (1.3 MB, 1024x576)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>94250526
he loves you too anon
shame xiv went down the toilet, even if it was mmo slop it had an ok story for a bit
maybe we'll get a midgardsormr card at least
>>
>>94250501
>this set will feature art from Magic artists as well as legendary Final Fantasy artists
Amano better do a sweet card
>>
>>94250040
>Delver in C
The inability of Legacy players to correctly assess the powerlevel of the tempo shell is frankly impressive. What a joke of a format.

>>94250287
Legacy Enchantress has been bad for at least 15 years. The deck is fun when it gets to play but it is legitimately terrible. At least in Modern you don't have to see Datk Ritual or Daze.
>t. bought Sanctums instead of LEDs shortly before RtR
>>
File: file.png (1.3 MB, 672x936)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>94250560
it went well the first time at least
>>
>>94250526
that's a very effeminate thing to say
>>
>>94250319
I get what you're trying to say, but I don't want it to be all over the place. if I wanted Marvel I'd stick to Marvel. I want MTG for MTG
>>
>>94250534
I got off before dawntrail happened and I'm glad.
I have good memories, and then I left.
But fuck me do I hate that they've timed the announcement of UB being standard-legal with the FF art previews so that correctly-aimed anger at the UB shit is tempered by the screaming of a thousand hades fujos.
>>
>>94250580
i believe the term you're looking for is homosexual
>>
>>94250604
>I got off before dawntrail happened and I'm glad.
>I have good memories, and then I left.
I envy your presience, I knew it wouldn't be as good again but I could have never imagined it would have been that garbage.
Oh well, I've come to terms with it and quite some months ago.
>>
>>94250081
I screamed every time tho
>>
>>94250618
I had a medium. A nicely decorated medium, the one in the middle of the goblet with poolside access.
I let it go. I knew it was gonna suck. The writing of the post-endwalker story was a mediocre retread of FF4 done badly. I saw all the signs, I got my ducks in a row, and I left. Never accepted the quest from that badly-voiced NPC.
>>
so should I start gathering money so I can fly to wotc headquarters and commit a shoutout?
>>
>>94250004
We are approaching peak Pump, soon we will transition into Dump (unsold packs into landfills).
>>
>>94250644
Oh I had a house too but I didn't care a ton about it, a half-decent small in ishgard.
FF4 but worse is still FF4 and while I knew that wasn't great I kind of expected they would have...something.
>>
File: cccards.jpg (1011 KB, 1464x2056)
1011 KB
1011 KB JPG
angel is angel of finality
>>
>>94250567
Delver has been dogshit for awhile now, do you even play the format?
>>
>>94250567
didn't UB frog tempo completely usurp every delver deck?
>>
>>94250047
My dad works for Lockheed, maybe he'll get a card?

Why did I have to wait 15 fucking minutes to post this lmao? Has Hiroshimoot finally eaten the bugs?
>>
Universes Beyond is now standard legal

just thought id remind yall that is now a thing lmao
>>
>>94250667
He thinks Modern is better because you don't have to face Daze and Dark Ritual, I doubt he plays either format.
>>
>>94250697
yeeeeah. think they misunderstood the gathering part of magic as every IP and not people
>>
How do we fix standard
>>
>>94250711
at this point?
with a time machine
>>
File: IMG_4880.jpg (161 KB, 672x936)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>94250081
My LGS banned pic related because it won a casual commander night. Apparently it's pretty good and people hated that it was a transformer.
>>
even the preddit doesn't like it. like what the fuck that's their main audience who they care about
>>
>>94250714
Only poor sales of ub sets will fix it. Which is... not impossible, but highly unlikely.
>>
Why not making UB shit that fits the MtG worldbuilding? LotR was cool aside from all the blacked characters, Warhammer was also a great fit. Why not have a fucking The Witcher UB, or Dark Souls, or Conan the Barbarian. Instead we get MLP, Fortnite and Post Malone. I can't even make exaggerations anymore because every bad franchise that wouldn't fit MtG at all is already there or a likely to be here in the future. Only thing missing woul be a fucking Kamala, princess of hope or Family Guy collab.
>>
>>94250723
Twitter FF14 fujos are eating up the emet-selch card art like crazy.
>>
>>94250711
standard has always be shit
wacky universe beyond cards can only make it more popular
>>
>>94250738
That only natural. Fujos always eat up EVERYTHING with their favourite boys.
>>
File: 1716602354109034.png (169 KB, 500x635)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
>>94250004
>>94250009
Who should we blame for this? Besides Hasbro i mean.

We are entering the end of Magic era and obviously it will lead to some absolute bullshit like a Cloud deck winning a Magic World Championship.
>>
>>94250751
Time is a flat circle. We're gonna have MtG world championships where the final cut decklist looks like a 2004 gameFAQs character battle.
featuring L-Block from Tetris May Cry
>>
>>94250501
>https://x.com/wizards_magic/status/1849914359306179005/quotes
>More than 4k likes on Twitter
Yep is absolutely over, piggys will eat this and applaud while doing it.
>>
>>94250664
>they finally figured out how to make lifegain an interesting deck with Bloomburrow
>we're immediately going back to endless, boring, value shitting that makes games last twice as long
And I was so excited for Foundations, too
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKz2OsFpQ1M

Thoughts?
>>
>>94250784
Is not happening fast enough.
>>
>>94250737
>Why not making UB shit that fits the MtG worldbuilding?

doesnt do Harry potter, Diablo or Skyrim instead marvel slop, dr who and spongebob?
>>
>>94250751
>>94250754
Can't express how much I want that to happen.
>>
>>94250081
Spongebob has connotations at least here in the states of being something you can put your adhd kids in front of to get a break.
Being presented with spongebob as a shiny thing to distract you is somehow even worse than, say, a magic schoolbus SL even if they are both for children.
Also the sponge fatigue was real, he was on every children's product you can imagbe even as recently as a couple years ago. I was maybe a touch old for spongebob but enjoyed it enough when it was new, and was shocked that "the spongebob version" was a legitimate option for just about any item you could buy for a kid.
>>
>>94250737
UB's main objective is to shove shit in where it doesnt belong. Asking for cohesion is to violently miss the point.
>>
>>94250751
if everyone would have just bought their annual 100 copies of monopoly this could have been avoided
>>
>>94250759
>4k likes
Thats not a lot
>>
man, I feel like I'm turned around actually
I never played standard but if stupid clownworld shit starts getting shoved in I might just start playing ironically
>>
>>94250849
Yeah lol
>>
>>94250849
Please don't. Just let it die.
>>
>>94250849
as a Limited God I, too, might descend to the realm of Constructoid shitters if the FF set is funny enough
>>
>>94250849
contrarianism is a serious disease
>>
>>94250854
Its not a disease its a feature
It is 4chan
>>
>UB coming to standard
>we might actually get a Bowmasters tier card in Standard
>won't be banned cause it's from an IP
ITS HAPPENING!!!! LET THE GAME BURN!!!!!!
>>
>>94250861
Theres no way in shit they would let that happen
Prepare for mercadian masques 2.0
>>
>>94250784
>>
>>94250879
time to buy
>>
I just had the craziest dream about how spongebob was going to be in standard.
>>
>>94250891
Good thing its just a SL
>>
>>94250870
damn anon you gotta show me how you got that optimism
>>
>>94250895
Based on this post I assume that this is the real life. But it's getting harder to tell.
>>
>>94250910
Is this real life?
Or is just a nightmare?
Soon Peter Parker and Kefka in every fucking format maybe can answer that for you.
>>
I dont think this cum-guzzling tcg is for me anymore
>>
>>94250923
Once a cum guzzler always a cum guzzler, anon.
>>
>>94250923
it seems a lot of people are coming to this conclusion but sadly it won't matter because the slaves will continue to consume this slop regardless and jotc will continue to make money hand-over-fist
>>
>>94250918
You will get Peter Griffin and you will fucking love it.
>>
>>94250923
Unfortunately there are no decent competitors. So if I wanna play a tcg with my bros it's either MtG of bust. For all the flaws of this shitty ass game the other TCGs manage to be far far worse.
>>
>>94250936
I heard the Digimon tcg is really good, and they're a company run by Japs so they'll likely stay away from this kind of shit...
>>
>>94250923
I have accepted it. there is no way I can just walk away. I might say it's not for me but I'll be there the next day. and the next one
>>
>>94250945
I haven't bought anything since... War of the Spark? We just play Cube and reminisce in the good old days when I thought it couldn't get worse than the Planeswalker (a card type they should never have added) set
>>
>>94250040
>thoughts
I think hogaak might be C tier but I can't prove it myself because poxwalkers are kinda pricey right now on mtgo
>>
I will enjoy Magic until the first UB set.
Then i will just sell my stuff and leave without looking back.
That trash is a red line for me and i was fine with it being just in Modern and Commander, if they will fuck their own game then i will also leave the game.
>>
>>94250974
>waaaah waaaaaaaaah
u not gonna do shit but cry on social media lil baby
>>
>>94250944
yeah I've heard a lot of good things about it too, I have no interest in the IP but I've heard good things about the One Piece tcg too and a lot of my friends have switched to it
>>
>>94250883
And this is why stock market is fuck.
>>
File: IMG_4804.png (1.22 MB, 640x1136)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>94250974
This I traded in a majority of my edh collection and bought into pioneer to get away from this shit
Fucking jokes on me hahahahajahaha
>>
>>94251064
>edh
You were never a real MTG fan in the first place.
>>
Nosewateeeeeer ... I'M COMING TO KILL YOU!!
>>
>>94251098
I don't play EDH, I play a Vintage variant that is singleton, adds 39 cards to the library, restricts your Sideboard by 14 cards but lets you cast from it.
>>
>6 standard legal sets per year
dont blick motherfucker or your deck becomes obsolete.
>>
>>94250974
so 2 years ago?
>>
>>94251114
Sounds like a great format to play competitively
>>
>>94251098
>he doesnt know what real magic is
Lmao
>>
>>94251158
We all know here...
Spoiler: EDH is not real Magic.
>>
>>94251165
Edh is closer to kitchen table than modern is so edh is also closer to real magic than modern
>>
You vill buy the capeshit to stay competitive
>>
>>94250923
Cum in my mouth at least makes me horny. This is much, much worse.
>>
>>94250959
>a card type they should never have added
From lore perspective or from a mechanical one?
>>
>>94251198
No.
>>
>>94251266
NTA, but both, even Mark admitted there's very limited design space around planeswalkers.
>>
>>94251198
No, I won't. I will only buy cards from non-ub sets.
>>
>>94251266
Both really.
>>
>>94251266
mostly a mechanical one, but honestly the vast majority of planeswalkers are totally fucking useless (urza, bolas, ral, tez are the only ones that ocme to mind as being useful)
>>
>>94251280
Okay, what's wrong with them from a lore perspective if we assume you are contacting them for a few favours and they will bail out if they don't want to do it anymore (represented by loyalty, which goes up when they do easy stuff that they like and goes down when they need to spend too much effort or are in danger)?
>>
>>94250698
Enchantress specifically is better to play in Modern because in Legacy you have no game against combo (DR) and free counterspells are very good against you when your gameplan hinges on resolving 2-3 mana permanents that don't threaten your opponent's life total and need another untap step. You don't get to play Argothian or Sanctum but you'll have far more games where you actually do something relevant.
>>
>>94250081
Because SpongeBob (despite being a generally funny kids show 20 fucking years ago) is not only an empire in basic bitch meme culture for almost half it's running lifetime, but is also a monolith icon that represents the precise moment Nickelodeon quadrupled down on shitting all over the rest of their studios to shill the Spondge as hard as humanly possible (which isba perfect metaphor for what WotC have been doing with MtH for years now).
>>
>>94251303
I understand that flavor, but I've always preferred the players being planeswalkers. It's a matter of preference really and honestly I don't think planeswalkers being game pieces added much, however battles are worse.
So Planeswalkers can be happy I don't consider them as bad as battles.
>>
>>94251345
>however battles are worse
Lmao
>>
File: Redditor is right.jpg (277 KB, 989x1329)
277 KB
277 KB JPG
>>94250009
He's right you know
>>
>>94250054
>who is buying
The same people who buy the boxes (((investors))) there's literally nobody genuine buying mtg products
>>
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/feature/foundations-mechanics

>Here's the change: Damage assignment order no longer exists. If a creature is facing multiple opposing creatures in combat, that creature's combat damage is assigned and dealt as its controller desires during the combat damage step. Other players won't necessarily know what's going to happen.
>>
>>94251384
Bloomburrow wasnt that good of a set though. It was awful in limited and is mostly flash and gimmicks
>>
>>94251345
But it doesn't preclude the players from being planeswalkers - they just ask other ones for aid.
>>
File: thorn elemental.jpg (65 KB, 385x314)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>94251397
>>94251384
yeah sure the le furry set is definitely the spirit of OG magic.
>>
>>94251394
What does this mean for banding?
>>
>>94251419
Bloomborrow was shit ofc and the shilling on this board and everywhere else stopped as soon as it released, what a coincidence but regardless of that it actually felt like a magic set and not a le epic reference of your X brand to consoom.
>>
>>94251397
Yeah but it actually had soul and a half-way decent plot mostly separate from whatever overarching bullshit they're doing right now.
The art was good, the set had a general feel-good vibe that wasn't too wacky or irritating, and that's the most important thing.
Bloomburrow has a good vibe. Wacky Races and Speeider Man does not.
>>
>>94251384
Redditor unfortunately seems oblivious to the fact that, unlike MTG, those Nintendo IPs are worthwhile. Millions of people care about Mario and Pikachu. No one gives a fuck about Jace Beleren and not Idris Elba. The Pokémon TCG is the most popular because it's fucking Pokémon.
>>
>>94251411
I'm aware, I said that I prefer planeswalkers to exclusively be the players and not cards.
>>
>>94251434
>Pokémon TCG is the most popular because it's fucking Pokémon.
also because it's extremely cheap to get into, they have many versions of the same cards, from the super expensive rare prints to the common prints but it's still the same card so you can choose whenever you want to spend 150$ on bling or 5$ for the very same thing if you just care about playing.
>>
File: reddit.png (12 KB, 837x102)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Even reddit dislikes the current state of affairs.
>>
>>94251433
I had some hopes for whacky races, but the shown designs... Awful. I'll just wait for tarkir and unfortunately I'm still excited about Eternities.
>>
>>94251454
>They're trying to turn standard into alchemy

I had already sold my cards and fucked off when wotc started inventing new format names and splitting the formats between paper and digital, but man it's dumb how many new formats they invent and how badly named they are. What's pioneer vs explorer? There are too many formats in too many places that are badly fucking named.
>>
>>94251422
shouldn't change anything
>>
>>94251454
>into Alchemy
What? What does he think Alchemy is?
>>
File: dft-160-earthrumbler.jpg (159 KB, 672x936)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>94251461
I honestly like what little we've seen of Aetherdrift so far, but I'm reserving judgement. That the planes are Kaladesh, Amonkhet and Muraganda kinda disappoints me because who gives a shit about Muraganda when Ixalan exists?
>>
I hate this pic in particular. Don't get me wrong, Emet-Selch is a fine scenery-chewer, but the scenery behind him represents a moment when he drops his carefree attitude and is completely serious
>>
>>94250879
>>94250883
>Shareholder Sunday
New mtg event, if you show your brokerage account and have more Hasbro shares than last check-in, you get free entry.
This way we incentivize people who actually play magic to give themselves an actual vote in the decision-making process.
>>
>>94251482
I like it
>>
>>94251481
I can't tell, is this supposed to be a male or female?
>>
>>94250054
Tons of people, I never saw so many people pop into my LGS to buy packs as I did for LOTR, people were legit buying packs as birthday/christmas gits for friends to the point where the owner struggled to keep LOTR product in stock.

Also, I have a ton of friends who say stuff like "man I hate UB but I'm gonna make an exception for Final Fantasy because I love the series so much" and before that I had saw other people who complained a lot about UB say the same thing about 40k, AssCreed, LOTR, etc. Every franchise is someone's favorite franchise.

Every once in a while in locals someone will complain about how ridiculous the amount of UB stuff there is nowadays but I've yet to see a single person, and I mean a single person, stop playing because of it.
>>
>>94251481
I don't even fucking know which FF is he from. I know Lightning, I know Tidus and Yuno.
I don't know who this.
>>
>>94251477
>what if the bug people car was.... A BUG!!
These faggots actually have less subtlety than Russians
>>
>>94251500
he from 14 the second MMO one
I wonder if the set will even bother having any characters from 11
>>
>>94250081
I see those cards every time I play in paper.
Because they're in my EDH decks.
>>
I don't care a single bit about having more or less UB. I play the game for mechanics.
>>
>>94251477
Have you seen the design of the other insect car, with queen standing on top? Hated it.
>>
>>94251541
How do you like commander centric designs in a standard environment, then?
>>
>>94251431
Bloomburrow felt like the bare minimum for what a magic set should be. It's a world with a bunch of different fantasy races that has its own problems that aren't some multiverse-spanning disaster that only named planeswalkers can deal with.
>>
>>94251477
I just realized they're pushing wacky races cause Hazbro wants to make and sell figures and toys of the cars
>>
>>94251512
They've said every set will get something, so I expect literally just Shantotto to have a card and maybe Prishe.
>>
>>94251552
>How do you like [thing that's already happening], then?
>>
>>94251541
>I play the game for mechanics.
Well you're lucky then! They started dumbing down the mechanics for people like you!
>>
File: GayxD8yW4AAUx5e.jpg (268 KB, 1920x1080)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
>First non-faggot kiss in the entire games history is from a UB set
>With one of the gayest looking MCs in the games history
The state of the WOTC. I bet people at WOTC are absolutely seething they can't put niggers and trannies front and center in the set. However, I guarantee you right now. The Warrior of Light will be Black and or a tranny.
>>
>>94251433
Its plot was climate change wasnt it? The art was good but thats about it. Ill still take a 1000 furry sets that are unique to a ub set
>>
>>94250004
>>6 standard rotations per year
What is (Universe) beyond me is they KNOW people hate fast rotations and see it with Pioneer, Modern, Legacy and Commander being popular (Commander the MOST popular see, last drama) and they continue forth to make rotation EVEN FASTER.

Are they retarded? (Don't answer that, we both know the answer) Do they seriously think Standard players are going to continue to invest now?
>>
File: IMG_1435.jpg (164 KB, 1036x774)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>94251482
>>94251492
With how expensive decks are, this is a drop in the bucket.
>>
>>94250014
Star Wars and Frozen are absolutely next if Marvel sells well.
>>
>>94251578
AAAAAAAAAA IS THAT A BROWN PERSON???
HOW COULD WOTC DO THIS?
>>
Hang on, where did they get ordinary rubber tires for the death race? Kaladesh uses metal rims held in place with aether, and Kamigawa and Capenna both just have hovercars.
None of the modern/futuristic planes that have cars actually use tires, so where are those from?
>>
>>94251578
wouldn't square just force them to use the WOL be the one you see in all the marketing trailers for 14?
>>
>>94251578
Why did they even chose FF? Shit isn't popular among the zoomers and even back then it was a niche title in the grand scheme of things are they trying to sneak more influence into japan or something?
>>
>>94251578
If UB is the price to reinstate White, cis-heteronormativity, I unironically would pay it
>>
>>94251512
I've never played 11 but I know someone named Prishe gets a cameo in 14's newest 24-man raid, she's at least guaranteed a card for cross promotion
>>
>>94251384
Falls apart easily when you consider Magic (TCGs in general) is a niche while Nintendo is mainstream.
>>
>>94251581
>plot was climate change wasnt it
wtf no?
The plot was evil king steals egg from edgy bird elemental, heroes fight king and give egg back.
It's kinda maybe implied that the dragon storms are riling up the elementals but that's not a fucking climate change metaphor
>>
>>94251600
WOL is supposed to be (YOU) in canon.
>>94251601
WOTC desires the Japanese market something fierce, it's why we've had so many "anime" cards lately. They are getting battered in Japan. WOTC is unwilling to actually cater to what's popular inn Japan because it would upset a lout but vocal minority in the west.
>>
>>94251594
Tidus isn't brown. At least not until WOTC gets ahold of him.
>>
>>94251620
>WOL Card
>Regular one is just Meteor
>Alt art is a variation of the different M/F versions of the races and classes and hair styles and colors
>Try to find YOUR WOL today!

milllion dollar idea
>>
>>94251578
>First non-faggot kiss in the entire games history is from a UB set
>>
>>94251636
He's meant to be based off of Okinawans, so he is somewhat brown, yes.
>>
>>94251620
if the FF set is meant to target the Japanese market then WOTC should have gone for Dragon Quest instead
>>
>>94250065
Yes, so it's an all-white set.

>I cast my NUKE (Wrath of God) and put it in the attack position
>I end my turn
>>
>>94251477
I actually would really like to see them try to make a "vanilla matters" archetype, so I'm glad it's Muraganda.
>>
>>94251686
I cast Motorized Hang Glider (Goblin Bombardment) and pass the turn.
>>
File: 1660778251097708.jpg (38 KB, 892x892)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
i had a horrible dream where wotc said they were going to release universes beyond shit in standard sets
>>
>>94251666
WOTC has no idea what it's doing, classic.
>>
>>94250004
UB sets in standard are radical, this choice was made because WOTC is blocked in.

>Problem: WoTC's best selling sets (UB) are only Eternal and Occasionally Modern Legal.
UB sets are Magic's best sellers and a large new player on ramp. Despite people pushing it as such, EDH is a poor on-ramp to magic due to its larger deck size, larger cars pool, complicated bowed states and rulings, and barrier to entry (finding three other players instead of just one, navigating rule zero and politics )
Legacy and Vintage have high price tags for decks, leaving only the niche format pauper as an newbie friendly eternal format.
WOTC has several possible solutions

>Stop Doing UB
This was a no go. Despite what people on reddit, Twitter and 4chan say, UB sets are a runaway hit. Huge money makers, lots of new players , cross promotion to other fandoms, they are, from a financial standpoint top dog. Ending them would be setting money on fire, something a well run business won't do.

>Make some or all UB sets Modern Legal.
Modern players have spoken at length about how they dislike how Modern is "soft rotating." Wizards said they now plan to have the occasional Modern Horizons sets be the only straight to Modern release. Wizards could keep them modern legal but nerf the power level of the sets to avoid One Ring or Bowmasters situations at the top end but then the sets over all will likely not make much an impact in the most accessible format they are legal in.

>Do one straight to Modern set every two years, regardless of its Horizons or UB
This slows the "rotation" of modern but Horizons and UB sets are WOTC's biggest sellers. Doing only one every other year is leaving enough money on the table no responsible business would do it .
>>
>>94251714
>Make UB sets standard legal
This makes them playable in modern and pioneer and let's the occasional high powered outliers bleed into modern over time as with other standard sets. It also means you can design them at a lower and safer power level. A higher powered standard set is usually something like Neon Kamigawa. A higher powered straight to Modern format can break multiple formats (see MH3).

It does have several immersion and flavor drawback but if I were in there shoes, I likely would have made a similar choice.
Unfortunately, capitalism means money has to come before art . Good creatives try to satisfy both, but when push comes to shove, the bottom line wins out.
This is what happens when cultural artifacts are in the hands of mega corps.
>>
>>94250664
I really miss when angels used to be Caucasian white. It’s so sad JOTC has a shit skin fetish which means no more white angels ever again.
>>
>>94251714
>>94251724
Mucho texto
>>
>>94251714
Anon I'm somehow compelled to call you a fag, shill or cum-guzzler
>>
>>94251686
>I tap my Cheney, Imperious Warhawk to crew my A10 Warthog
>I attack with my A10 Warthog, triggering it's BRRRRRRRT ability, dealing 5 damage to each Demon, Devil, and Beast my opponents control
kino
>>
>>94251578
>The Warrior of Light will be Black and or a tranny.
You're making up shit to get mad about
>>
File: IMG_1436.jpg (131 KB, 672x936)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
Anyways, the classic Exquisite Blood combo is available in Pioneer now. Unfortunately the jews at WOTC banned Sorin, so now I have to find another way to make this work.
>>
>>94251581
The plot was the exact same one as Kamigawa. Mabel is even carrying an analog to Umezawa's Jitte
>>
>>94251757
You always could do it with vito, it's just shit.
>>
>>94251774
>You always could do it with vito
vito says whenever you gain life, your opponnet loses life, it's the opposite of the new card
>>
File: IMG_1437.jpg (157 KB, 672x936)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
I think I'll make an EDH deck (hear me out)
>Aryan
>counterspell on a body
>kill spell on a body
No wincons, just counterspells and kill spells, which I use judiciously to remove any UB, non-White, or non-cis-heteronormative card that I see.
>>
>>94251714
>>94251724
I hate that you're right almost as much as I hate everyone who'd bought UB slop, defended UB slop, or made excuses for it under some circumstance.
>>
This move seems somewhat desperate by WotC. They wouldn't have needed to make it if UB cattle were already be on-ramped into Magic-proper. It's escalation; a higher level of unsustainability
>>
>>94251779
come to DC then
https://mtgtop8.com/event?e=60881&d=657584&f=EDH
ertai is the best UB commander
>>
>>94251774
This >>94251778
There's no shortage of the inverse side of this combo. Vito was used to give WB Cleric Lifegain a win condition, but he doesn't combo by himself.
>>
>>94251714
>>94251724
Yeah, sure, making them Standard-legal is entirely a reasonable change, the problem is making HALF of all sets UB, and also making 6 fucking Standard sets a year now. The former means there's less and less Magic stuff being made, the latter means the product deluge you could avoid by just playing Standard is now even worse.
>>
>>94251779
You won't do it, bitch
>>
>>94251779
>non-cis-heteronormative
>EDH deck
Transition already
>>
>>94251808
Now this is something we can analyze.

I believe originally they had stabilized at six large sets a year. Four Magic IP and two UB.

This shift to 50/50 is a big uptick. Honestly , I think UB not being the majority is WOTC throwing a bone to players . If this was just a matter of pure finances, Wizards could get by on pure UB. They don't want to do that because they loose too much control, but I could seem them doing a 2/4 split instead of 3/3. 3/3 seems like a compromise.
>>
>>94251729
Are you sure you aren't a nigger? You seem to be about as smart as one
>>
File: zulashurlichlord.jpg (57 KB, 265x370)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>look up foundation spoiler
>cute zombie girl
Best set in years
>>
>>94251578
>>With one of the gayest looking MCs in the games history
tidus and ffx are literally the most popular games in japan
god you people are fucking obnoxious
>>
>>94251561
Now you're getting it, Magic is finally Toygetic
>>
>>94251944
I like that
>>
>>94251947
Tidus can be popular and still look like a flaming homosexual.
>>
>>94251686
>>I cast my NUKE (Wrath of God) and put it in the attack position
nah we're getting that this set
Flare was translated as NUKE in the original western version of FF1
>>
File: tidus.jpg (150 KB, 1080x957)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>94251947
>tidus and ffx are literally the most popular games in japan
[x]
>>
>>
>>94251919
I dunno, I think people overestimate how much UB brings in. UB's expensive. From a purely business angle, there IS a value in having your own IP. Fortnite still pushes Jonesy and whatever else, even if the crossovers get the attention. They'll never kill Magic as an IP, unless Hasbro is somehow even stupider than I thought (which, to be fair, they may well be).
I wouldn't have minded 2 UB sets a year even, if we had 4 Magic sets. I even generally like UB, it's fun, but I don't want it at the expense of Magic itself. Magic should be majority Magic. UB as an additive extra is fine. But UB isn't additive now, it's demonstrably replacing things and that's the bridge too far for me.
>>
>>94251985
Damn she is a cutie
Hope this isn't photoshopped
>>
>>94251875
lefties are retarded but their rhetorical framework is thorough and useful, so long as you ignore their retarded goals and substitute you own
>>
File: heavy_yes.gif (1.42 MB, 498x280)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB GIF
>>94251982
>Vivi so high
For once, in their lacklustre existence, Japs are based.
>>
>>94251982
Interesting how widely it varies between the lists after #3, and that Yuna's higher than Aerith.
>>
File: 1728551367648655.jpg (190 KB, 1811x1301)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
I bought 40k commander decks because they were pretty fucking neat. Appearantly M:tG is now dead thanks to them. I am not sorry. I will be destroyed.
>>
>>94252027
I don't know how you can write a sentence like this and not re-evaluate your life.
>>
>>94251982
20 years later it still baffles me that people like Zack so much
>>
>>94252053
>WOTC is too afraid of leftie backlash to ever do a collab with a sexy IP
>>94252068
Zack is canonically a bro who is the best friend everybody wants. He is also attractive.
>>
File: 1710098557486879.png (133 KB, 350x350)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
How the hell could this faggots pretend people to buy 6, not 4, not 5 SIX fucking sets a year, in a rotating format and also about shit outside of real magic? Is this some kind of laaate april fool joke? Hasbro don't give a shit anymore about their own product? Or they actually have such confidence in the Cummander/Whale crew?
>>
>>94251757
>so now I have to find another way to make this work.
take the amalia shell, drop white and amalia pieces, get more mana dorks and 3 drops with good etb/death triggers, shove eldritch evolution into the deck and you should have something cohesive
obviously it's never going to be as good as amalia but that's what I would do
>>
File: Sex with sisters.png (2.16 MB, 1133x951)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>These rabbits in MTG would cause a shitstorm on the level of Maro's kiddy picture stash being made public.
>>
>>94252079
Literally everything at Hasbro outside of WotC except Transformers and Monopoly Go are hemorrhaging money because Hasbro is terrible, so they have to kill the golden goose to get more eggs because that's how it works, right?
>>
>>94252079
You wanna know whats funny? Coomander players are getting sick of it too.
Nobody can keep up with this much product.
>>
>>94252079
Game has been in the death throes ever since the jacetice league was introduced to make a mtg cinematic universe (all tv projects canceled btw), but this wasn't an issue for the game's fanbase because we just wanted to play games, the story was easily ignorable, then they started fucking shit up with modern horizons, commander products and now UB, the game is dead everywhere, events are failing to fire and where they still do have at the very least an halved playerbase.
>>
>>94252079
>Or they actually have such confidence in the Cummander/Whale crew?

commander is a sanctioned format of decks consisting of completely random cards aka how 99% of players used to play the game besides sweaty netdeckers. from their point of view casuals will be happy to get more selection of cards and pros will need to keep paying even more for their cards of choice to keep up with constanly changing meta. win/win situation until their underpaid R&D will start pushing out broken cards with zero regards of meta history trying to think of 200 new cards each month.
>>
>>94252107
You say this shit, but every coomander player in my LGS last night was screaming about how "lol memes xd funny haha nerds jokes amirite" and how they will be gobbling up the sponge bob shit.
>>
>>94252122
textbook example of an loud minority
>>
>>94252007
Then going 3/3 with this shift and other things Wizards has said is telling me UB is becoming a huge section of Wizard funds.
>>
>>94252136
The well CANNOT be that deep. It'll run dry sooner than later, even with the influx of newer players UB brings. AC was already a flop.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (317 KB, 200x200)
317 KB
317 KB GIF
>>94252053
>>
>>94252122
>Source; Shit I just made up because Im a schizo
Even bootlickers on fucking Reddit are telling WotC to fuck off, and theyre the biggest cumguzzlers in the community.
Literally go see for yourself instead of making shit up to look cool on a Taiwanese poker forum.
>>
>>94252127
They are, but they are also the people keeping WOTC afloat
>>
>>94252067
>t. sub-100 IQ
its ok anon, at least you can play RDW
>>
>>94250568
>Never brought it over to America
(((Wizards of the Coast))) are fucking stupid.
>>
>>94252007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31JNEVHZxO8
>>
Bubble Bass Tempo
>>
>>94250515
Exdeath got a card?
>>
File: piggy.png (133 KB, 411x280)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>94252136
No shit, wizards is so transparent. Announcing fucking sponebob cards at the same time they're making UB sets legal clearly shows where they're taking M:tG direction.

Feeding players their own beloved pet wasn't enough for them, oh no. Instead of disguising the puppy like a regular meal they prepared the entire dog with an apple in his mouth and brought it to the table and revealed it like in those cartoons.
>>
File: 1712708982679935.jpg (47 KB, 1024x768)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>instead of combat being slightly nuanced/interesting the attacker is now just a Fireball on legs to however many blockers
Now this is PEAK "Turning-Creatures-Sideways The Gathering"
Can't wait for 2025 where combat works like Hearthstone. Then my retarded brother that just throws cards at his opponent might be able to win a local.
>>
>>94250751
>Who should we blame for this?
Everyone who didn't quit mTg as soon as Nexus of Fate was spoiled. Yes, it includes (You).
>>
File: 1702601771175720.gif (2.33 MB, 512x512)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB GIF
>>94250004
>they are doing a deck profile at a broadcasted event
>the player has to explain why they chose to run 4 Cloud Strife's and explain the synergy between him and Spongebob's Jellyfishing Net and Green Goblin's Assault
>>
File: 1716836649359521.png (164 KB, 453x418)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>94252532
I'll accept it only if they use the anime llanowar elves
>>
>>94252532
Truly aetherdrifting into the worst timeline.
Magic absolute death is a matter of time with this business model
>>
File: hd6orp5otywd1.jpg (95 KB, 900x506)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>94251477
Wtf happened to the set symbols? Foundations looks like my_first_custom_ccg.ico, Pioneer Masters looks like a condom, and Aetherdrift looks like it's from a Nascar UB set.
>>
>>94252596
God I hate the Alchemy font, it looks so wrong
>>
>>94252532
competitive magic is on its way out anyway. there's no financial reason to keep supporting it considering how small the competitive population actually is.
>>
>>94252087
>eldritch evolution
Perfect thank you, forgot this card existed
>>
I hope Lorcana pivots into UB territory and beats Hasbro at their own game.
>>
File: 37dceb.jpg (114 KB, 768x1024)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>94250004
>>94250009
>Game of Magic: The Gathering in 2025
>I tap my Mary Jane Watson for one black mana to cast Kefka Palazzo and equip my Doctor Octopus with Masamune, i attack with Doctor Octopus and Patrick and then sacrifice my Krabby Patty to win 2 life. Your turn.

How this makes you feel.
>>
File: 1708921990487994.jpg (21 KB, 451x531)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>94250004
I'm glad I could witness the full progress of the slippery slope with my own eyes
>Walking Dead cards? It's not a big deal. They are barely legal, and they don't look that powerful. Just let it go and let people have heckin' fun
>All these UBs that come out every day? Look they are just reskins of existing cards. Just use those if you care about it. I mean you will be forced to look at when your opponent plays them but just let them have fun!
>LOTR cards? Uh I mean it's okay. Yeah, the cards are format warping and insanely powerful but at least it's close to MTG in setting like fantasy. So...I guess that's okay.
>Spiderman and Spongebob cards in every format that will definitely be powerful? Uh just let people have fun! I was a fan of Spongebob as a kid! My kid loves Spiderman! I love brandsssssssss!!!
>>
>>94252453
>implying you've ever played a game where that matters
might as well bitch about them fixing the power/toughness swap thing
>>
>>94252659
>win 2 life
>>
You people really are juvenile. It's a card game made for 13 year olds. You're all probably in your 20s or 30s. You should've grown out of MTG to begin with.
>>
>>94252671
13 years old don't have the money to buy 8$ packs.
>>
>>94252671
True. Everything that is marketed to teenagers should just be pure shit. Same thing with media for children. It should just be completely devoid of substance and retarded.
Duhhhh durrrr.
>>
>>94252683
>i don't like it that means it's shit
>>
>>94252671
>ITS FOR KIDS BROOO
Yeah, i'm 100% sure any kid nowadays can afford 6 different sets a year to stay competitive lmao.
>>
>5 or so cards get spongebob-themed alt arts
>catastrophic /mtg/ meltdown
>>
>>94252671
no i want to stay a manchild forever
>>
>>94252694
>it's just alt arts
Source?
>>
Are SLD cards with different names even tournament legal? I know their format legality is the same as the originals but I don't think I've ever seen them at any streamed tournament. Seems like it'd be a headache for casters.
>>
>>94252671
>It's for kids lol
>Crossovers with IPs popular with 30+ year olds
Sure thing bucko. None of the ship wie've crossover with is popular with Kids with the sole exception of the Post Malone shit. Kids attetion spans these day are far too short of WOTC to capitalize on their interest.
>>
>>94252671
remember when +13 rating meant "we pinky promise there will be no bare breasted naked women pictures" and not "for people who just grew out of cocomelon"
>>
>>94252715
You don't actually play MtG, do you?
>>
>>94252671
>13 year olds
>caring about Final Fantasy, LOTR, Assassin's Creed, or whatever other desperate properties they grab ahold of
L M A O
>>
>>94252728
Nobody over the age of 18 likes ass creed
>>
>>94252726
There have been UBs with mechanically unique cards. Now show me what part of the announcement said they were just alt-arts.
>>
That's a good Pioneer card.
>>
>>94252736
>There have been UBs with mechanically unique cards
Correct
Spongebob is not a UB
>>
File: 1729192492017502.jpg (92 KB, 650x1024)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>94252731
Friend, Ass Creed is 17 years old, it is ONLY people over 18 who care about it. No one under 18 gives a shit about a 17 year old franchise with 10+ games under it's belt.
>>
>>94252728
I liked lotr as a kid
>>
>>94252731
ironically ass creed suffers from the exact same issues that wizards is about to create with M:tG. they kept branching out and losing it's identity and in the process alienating both old and new players.
>>
File: 1710819567722509.png (154 KB, 330x330)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>94252671
>13 year olds
>having money
The game would unironically be better if the game's intended customers are composed of today's 13 year olds.
>>
>>94252763
Are you currently 13?
>>
File: 1lp3x90ykzwd1.png (280 KB, 1773x294)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>Hornet Nest confirmed in Pioneer Masters
Let's fucking go, I was convinced PM would only be ultra sweaty shit, glad to be wrong. This + 396 cards makes me much more optimistic about all the C tier shit like Soulflayer and Medomai making it in.
>>
>>94252736
A simple yes would've sufficed.
>>
>>94252736
It's far more likely that than them getting unique cards. At most we'll have one for Spongebob himself, and it'll be mediocre Commander-bait like Lara Croft.
>>
>>94251384
Pokemon consistently shits out barely functional games every 2 years or so, I wouldn't use them as an example of a company that cares about the integrity of its brand
>>
>>94251384
Pokemon literally JUST did a crossover with Hatsune Miku in which they made like 20 fucking music videos.
>>
>>94251477
Aetherdrift is "fine" because it is just taking the Kaladesh racer aesthetic (that was already shown to be a thing in the original sets) and broadening the brush stroke a bit - however I was extremely disappointed when they announced the race teams are just colour pairs because YOU JUST CAN'T FUCKING STOP USING RAVNICA GUILDS EVERYWHERE, CAN YOU? Make sure to beat those stupid fucking players over the head with the pre-cooked themes so they don't have a chance to "miss" it on their own!
>>
>>94251384
>what is Smash
>>
File: fdn-224-progenitus.jpg (120 KB, 672x936)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Also haven't realized this one's been revealed.
>>
>>94252802
That isn't a crossover with the games/card games, retard.
The equivalent would be Pokemon doing their own Jewish/Crossover and you could buy a Miku clothes for your character in game, or have a new Miku-Pokemon, or Miku Hatsune EX card in the latest pack that is legal. Both of which sound extremely jewish and retarded because they are.
You've just been poisoned by WotC to think it's normal.
>>
>>94251433
>"cancer that kills MtG" is suddenly good because "cancer that kills MtG+1" appeared and it makes it good in comparision
>>
where does /tg/ get this idea that teens are poor? your parents never gave you their credit card when you were a kid?
>>
>>94252816
>I'm gonna move that goal post,
>>
File: IMG_6277.jpg (31 KB, 500x344)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>94250014
I can’t wait play my Seinfeld deck.

My commander will be Kramer, Annoying Neighbor
>>
>>94252840
>Whats going on in there Kramer?
>All Standard sets are UB, Jerry
>>
>>94252143
>The Well cannot be that deep

It is. MTG already has a multi decade engine based around designing new sets, and now they have access to literally every other human creative endeavor in history.

Marvel alone could supply them with sets for ages.
>>
>>94252839
I don't think you understand, because you're woefully naive and think you're getting a sincere argument here
You should look up anger's effect on dopamine because the insistence on being in permaseethe mode ITT is roughly the same mentally as jerking off for hours straight. They're just gooners but for rage instead.
>>
I enchant my Mr Beast token with Skibidi Rizz, which lets him cook for every Chat creature I control. Then I attack for 10 points of Senpai and yeet your Doodlebob into the Dab zone.
>>
File: Noah Warudo.jpg (206 KB, 1020x1100)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>94252873
TL;DR
>>
File: blight.jpg (88 KB, 953x944)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>94252882
Now you're catchin on
>>
so you're telling me mtg is just western weiss schwarz now
>>
File: 1726958404892967.jpg (366 KB, 1492x1535)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>94252900
>>94252873
nta, but I in fact read it. Your effort was not in vain. I hope you have a nice day.
>>
File: 452855_in_400x400.jpg (41 KB, 286x400)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>94252905
>weiss schwarz
Gives us cards like this. WOTC would never unless its a bunch of literal faggots in a bath like Bearscape.
>>
File: ab3cqtbdy4xd1.png (1.84 MB, 1353x1941)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB PNG
New Bob art (Roberta?) for Jumpstart.
>>
>>94252921
>>
>>94252839
>retarded philosophy 101 shit used incorrectly
All crossovers are not equivalent.
Equivocating Pokemon and Miku crossover music to MTG and card crossovers in every format of their main property is stupid. It would be similar to me saying if someone is fine with pokemon having a crossover with a cereal company to make a new cereal, that person also MUST be totally okay with the next pokemon having Tony the Tiger appear as a gym leader in the next pokemon game and his entire city is cereal themed.
You are just retarded. Sorry to break it to you. Look forward to flipping burgers on Monday.
>>
>>94252942
>that flavor text
does she fuck the demons?
>>
>>94252942
... sorry, when did the MTG universe invent gogo boots?
>>
>>94252948
>i will take any excuse to cry online
effeminate as fuck
>>
>>94252942
she's my new cardfu
>>
>>94252921
this is just generic ecchi
>>
>>94252969
You're not very familiar with Southeast Asian/Filipino culture if you think that's meant to be a bad thing to him
>>
>>94252921
this is so boring and generic it doesn't even get my pp hard anymore
>>
>>94252959
Let me try posting like you.
>ERM... AD HOMINEM... THAT MEANS I WIN THE ARGUMENT HEH
Thank you for conceded btw. I'll accept this victory.
>>
>>94252921
How are the anime cards doing for the nips?
>>
File: 6g3fagjg05xd1.png (2.29 MB, 1080x1440)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
Ajani's Pridemate 2.
>>
>>94252983
>Thank you for conceded
Good morning sar we are NOT redeeming the UB ok?
>>
File: 1596971209029.jpg (60 KB, 640x480)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>94252840
The problem with UB is that instead of getting Frasier UB with Cheers special guests, we'll get some zennial shit like ATLA x Legend of the Brown Dyke. Tragic.
>>
File: 4hlh2xoh6wud1.jpg (154 KB, 1080x2400)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>94252987
>>
>>94253007
They've stopped marketing Korra almost entirely compared to ATLA
And you're bullshitting me if you say you'd rather have Marvel or Asscreed than ATLA UB
>>
>>94253012
no one cares a about japanese numbers dude
>>
File: 2024_10_26_0oj_Kleki.png (2.04 MB, 1920x1200)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
JED draft deck
>>
>>94253040
Hasbro does, you gay retard.
>>
>>94252957
Right after the universal side-shaved dyke hairstyle
>>
>>94252751
is it? sorcery speed at 3 mana feels kinda slow unless you're hitting more than one thing at once, which given the current meta shouldn't happen that often
>>
>>94252992
Cute wife.
>>
All this UB kerfuffle aside, I love breasts.
>>
File: 1699845883166699.png (3.04 MB, 1500x1355)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB PNG
Ilulu!
>>
How long will the Fortnite-ification of everything last?
Is this just what everything will be like from now on?
>>
>>94253184
god DAMN
>>
>>94253185
Everything is product consume more product consume the content anon consume
>>
>>94253185
It will continue until there's a massive flop for UB and then Hasbro will do something stupider.
>>
lol at both top players making mistakes and wasting cards
shoulda played on arena desu
>>
>>94253204
>shoulda played on arena
Nah. If you miss triggers you deserve to lose
>>
File: 1599550783898.jpg (51 KB, 502x839)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
WHEN DOES THIS SHIT GAME GET BETTER I'VE BEEN WAITING 5 FUCKING YEARS
>>
MTG mechanically isn't very fun either. There's so much to keep track of and the amount of delayed triggers has skyrocketed in the past few years. I never thought of tokens as very necessary until dungeons and tempting got implemented. It's all so tiring.
>>
File: muh vampires.png (2.13 MB, 1449x1039)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB PNG
>>
>>94250754
anon you may be joking but
puyo puyo tetris literally has characters named after tetris pieces they represent
a finger on the monkey's paw curls up
>>
>>94251714
solution actual: make the average set sell as much as a UB set by making them not shit
>>
>>94252670
yes it's the new Ante you bid life and you win or lose it afterwards
>>
mtg lore has always been garbage
i play magic to inflict maximum seethe on my opponents
sounds like with the coming of sponegebob tribal ill be able to do that more effectively than ever
and with the amount of bootyblasted redditors selling their collections the non secret lair singles should be cheaper than ever
bravo wizards
>>
I want a real harry potter set desu. since strixhaven kinda sucked
>>
>>94253442
cool it with the antisemitism/racism/sexism/transism/ablism/ageism anon...
>>
I’ve been watching reactions in other communities and it’s kind of crazy seeing how fast people are switching to being ok with being fucked in the ass for the good of these mythical “new players”. Whats the point of “letting other people have fun” when you’re actively sucking away the enjoyment so many people get from something you love in the process?
>>
File deleted.
>That's why you have to play against it.
Wanna bet?
>>
>DSK rotates in 2ish weeks
>and for the next part, LETS LEARN HOW TO DRAFT DUSKMORN!
>>
File: 21kl6jgzhtq41.jpg (184 KB, 800x930)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>94253369
WotC let go of anyone who knew how to do that a decade ago. Once WotC got done harvesting the corpses of Urza and the Phyrexians, and returned to Ravnica for the fourth time, it was only natural that they'd have to move on to parasitically reproducing the works of better managed companies.
>>
>>94253551
>>94253551
>>94253551
>>
>>94253497
Sounds dystopian.
>No, dear consumer, you must play against this product. You have no say in the matter. The hivemind has spoken. Now shuffle your deck and say glhf to your opponents Spongebob Tribal deck.
>>
>>94251658
tanned but not a negro
>>
File: playmtggoyim.jpg (74 KB, 546x762)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>94250943
There's other tcgs out there, the problem is that tcgs in the west have become this retarded IP cult where everyone is too deep in their sunk cost and can't let go.

Become tge fucking difference, try adopting a new game or a new hobby. You can interact with people by something other than playing with a carcass of a dead game.
>>
>>94253602
flesh & blood gameplay is kinda cringe ngl
>>
>>94253635
I like that it's a little like UFS
>>
File: ModernComplainers.png (58 KB, 918x281)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>94250751
Modern players complaining about TOR.
>>
>>94253823
Divide and Conquer tactics - they were the ones raping Modern with straight-to-meta shit and now they're offering a wicked remedy for their own poison veteran players "SHOULD APPRECIATE"
>>
>>94253602
I wont engage F&B on the principle of it was created for investorkikes
>>
File: roots_of_yggdrasil_b_s.png (388 KB, 531x380)
388 KB
388 KB PNG
>>94253602
Sorcery was explicitly inspired by old school MTG if you want to give that a try at all
>>
>>94252751
It's Commander bait. "Fuck your token deck"
>>
>>94252671
>he thinks they're printing marvel UB for kids
You're so stupid that you should kill yourself
>>
>>94250009
if squidward is a legendary creature im finally gonna make a commander deck

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.