[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0mls7g1ismy41.jpg (190 KB, 1242x1163)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
If you see a gibberish post, it was made by raiders, ignore it.

No, Vic 3 is not good yet. In fact it never will be. Neither will EU5.

Random Country Picker
http://orph.link/random
>>
Are there any grand strategy games with a fun battle side to it?
>>
File: 20241015225705_1.jpg (711 KB, 1920x1080)
711 KB
711 KB JPG
>2nd for Yakub.
How can I get consort dynasty as my own?
>>
>>1874246
yes, dominions 6
>>
>>1874250
That's not a grand strat tho, that's more like HoMM or M/CoM
>>
its strategy and its grand
>>
it's fantaslop-ish imo
>>
>Normans rule the Kingdoms of Ireland, Scotland, Wales (dynasty overthrown, Normans still rule), England (recently converted to Angevin and then English), Normandy (de jure France and Brittany), Andalusia, Valencia, Navarra, Tahert, Italy, Egypt, Jerusalem, Syria, and Anatolia
This game is way too easy
>>
>fantaslop
it isn't because it's all based on irl mythology and history
>>
File: file.png (567 KB, 1065x386)
567 KB
567 KB PNG
Alright complete newfag here. I literally have never played Victoria II and my friend just gifted it to me. I will try and post some progress here.
>>
>>1874261
Well some of it like R'lyeh is lifted straight from Lovecraft and D&D (illitihds/aboleths) but generally you are correct.
>>
*casts a bird spell to end a war*
*realises I don't have enough bird mana left to improve my boats*
Haha no fantaslop here no sir
>>
>tries to play non gsg
>gets memed on regardless
sad!
>>
Get the HPM mod first
>>
>>1874262
>>1874269
Here's a link pastebin.com/66gpxbKk
>>
>>1874247
Make your ruler into a general and try to kill him to trigger a regency, from there on keep extending the regency until the consort takes over or the heir dies, it will be tough if she's too old.
>>
oh my brave new soul, welcome 62
you've just taken one of if not the best decision in your life posting here
>>
>>1874272
I miss when HPM guy still posted on /gsg/, thread quality has really taken a dip since then
>>
hey, shut up
grand strategy games deserve their own thread
>>
we were granted the /vst/ charter by the /vg/ moderation court themselves so you better watch your mouth
>>
>>1874272
Okay I'm playing Afghanistan as my first nation and I passed a few reforms
What do I do with all this money I have now that I'm no longer ultra broke?
>>
File: file.jpg (625 KB, 1920x1080)
625 KB
625 KB JPG
>>1874320
>>
Get a state capitalist/command economy party in charge and build some factories
Use your national focus to boost clergymen to 4% in every state
>>
>>1874335
Yeah I did and was doing pretty gud until persia just rolled in and killed me. Shoulda just been nicer to them I guess.
It's kinda hard to do anything as a non-western nation apparently.
>>
>>1874326
Janny is a gsgtroon, no other explanation for why they are allowing them here and protecting against any criticism
>>
this just in: spanish asmr now preferred to french asmr when playing gsg's or gsg-affiliated titles
>>
You will never be a real /vst/ thread.
>>
>Searching for posts that contain ‘gsg’. 3575 results found.
these niggas obsessed with us hard
>>
proudest moment of your life other than getting jan priv's on 4ch?
>>
>still doesn't have the German regions of Switzerland
>>
File: 000012313246.jpg (52 KB, 412x558)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1874368
>mtw I don´t live in that timeline
>>
>>1874368
>no gaul
>no freistaat burgund
>rks still unincorporated
it's shit
>>
>>1874368
>no Lombardy
>>
should i play eu4
>>
you should play ck3
>>
CK2 > CK3
>>
CK3 > CK2
>>
So I am Naples in EU 4 and after taking Sicily my alliance has more troops than the Tuscany guys.
Should I whack them or what?
>>
File: last shitposting.png (310 KB, 545x300)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>
>>1874241
Just a reminder that this was just another pogrom, you are currently in a ghetto established by vg while we think about the final solution to the gsg question
>>
^this guy sucks loads of dongs
legionary's life is a gsg btw
>>
>years and years of irrelevency and the discordgruppen(formely steamgruppen) still can't stop seething
loving every laugh
>>
irrelevancy*
don't embarrass us in front of our kids dumbass
>>
why is this thread here now?
>>
jannies
>>
>>1874506
Concentration board while the final solution for the gsg question is drawn
>>
File: 20241015232318_1.jpg (483 KB, 2560x1440)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
What legacy tree should I go down next? I've already maxed Kin and Legitimacy. Octogenarians at the end of Blood is kind of unnecessary.
>>
>>1874506
last ditch effort by janny to propel his years running jancord into even the slightest bit of relevancy by doing the most dramatic thing possible
huge success imo

me?
i have meditated under the eu4bab tree and reached enlightenment
>>
>>1874506
New spam rules in vg hurt the bots ability to bump and jannies started banning some of the schizos so thread couldn't be bumped
>>
how2navy in hoi4?
>>
>what happened to /vg/ /gsg/?
the thane/albatross/kacheek/anby whatever nigger babble he refers himself as started spamming /gsg/ some months ago so the /vg/ moderation team put a janny to watch over the general, he did nuke the nigger spammer initially but was also banning niggerposting (sad!).. but after a while, he just couldn't be bothered and just nuke half the thread to fill his weekly quota until the /vg/ moderation team bribed /vst/ to allow generals be made
>>
>>1874241
jannies should ban the noreply posters who treat /gsg/ as their personal shitposting chatroom on sight so that people talking about strategy games aren't buried in a sea of inane bullshit and casual racism
>>
File: 20241016022131_1.jpg (903 KB, 2560x1440)
903 KB
903 KB JPG
Found a lusty, dusky, amazonian shortstack for my nephew to marry
>>
>>1874607
She's kinda ugly, but she has pretty nice CoA
>>
>>1874573
Don't, build navy bombers instead. If you want to do navy then play MP but then what you do depends on the mod and meta. Against AI just do what ever and you auto win basically because the AI can't concentrate their forces for fights properly or really build ships in the first place.
>>
>>1874598
>/vg/ moderation team bribed /vst/ to allow generals be made
I've not had the chance to play my grand strategy vidya to have an opinion about them yet, but I hope you niggers didn't just shoot this board in the foot.
>>
>>1874612
/gsg/ just wants to be left in peace. we don't bother anyone if they don't bother us.
>>
>>1874615
gsg continuously raids other threads in vg
>>
>>1874617
this happened ONCE many years ago, and it was because we lost the soccer game so we had our reasons. we paid heavily for that too and haven't done it since.
>>
>>1874620
Counted 4 separate times in 2 threads in just the last week bud
>>
>>1874620
>>1874628
Also I may add that that doesn't actually count general vg raids like the shitposting gsg's that happened 2 or 3 times during the last week as well. I guess it's not a raid if gsg raids itself but it's shitposting nonetheless.
>>
/gsg/ is running out of badboy and is about to get a coalition up its ass
>>
nu-gsg posters don't even remember the willy waggler rally call
>>
File: 20241016033957_1.jpg (913 KB, 2560x1440)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
ONE CAMPAIGN GOAL
ONE
FUCK THIS GAME
>>
well better give up, you only have 393+ years left to make it a reality
>>
I don't know how to make the Latin Empire a reality when the triggers are now dead
>>
play meme game get memed on
play winter king a ck2 mod instead
>>
alsooooo arthur gets cucked in the books the mod was based on so there's a little treat for our bipoc /vst/ friends too
>>
didn't ask
didn't want to know
>>
File: Screenshot (626).png (2.23 MB, 1920x1080)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
What the fuck am i getting memed on????
does AI cheat war exhaustion? what the fuck i've been occupying their capital for 5 years and they sit comfortably at 4.8 war ex despite having a 2 dip ruler. while i'm struggling despite them only having my capital for 1 year
>>
does having the capital occupied specifically increase WE?
I know it affects enthusiasm but I think WE from occupation is just based on what proportion of your provinces are occupied
and since you are presumably far smaller than Kilwa it'd make sense that it'd be a lot harsher on you
>>
i literally have more dev than them >>1873869
>>
and they only occupy my subject's capital other than my own, those are the two provinces they only occupy. doesn't even get we from attrition too btw
>>
>>1874674
They might have kind-hearted ruler, or idea reducing we, or something else (modifier from the event?) that does this
>>
nah that was the final nail in the coffin. i've always suspected the ai of cheating WE during my castile and chill session where i fucking 100% occupy ottoblob dozens of time and yet they're always at <5 WE <10 at most but i didn't bother because i was winning but this time..
>>
>>1874688
>>1874689
>>1874691
>>
>>1874265
>can't afford the dude that gives you three birds per month
>>
>>1874674
AI doesn't cheat with war exhaustion. You are getting memed on because you are bad at the game.
>>
global gsg power-rankings:
#1: teritorial io
#2: age of history (tied with grigsbys)
^
|
|
|
IQ Gap
|
|
|
v
#9999(repeating) EU4
>>
what the frick
i'll 100% ottomans as opm maldives just wait
>>
where does Diplomacy fall on the spectrum
>>
Diplomacy is too intricate for risktards to comprehend
>>
>>1874713
I wouldn't say EU IV is infinitely good, but yeah it's so much better than teritorial io
or age of history that there is no comparison
>>
>>1874241
>No, Vic 3 is not good yet. In fact it never will be. Neither will EU5
this kind of shit is why this thread is ass by the way and why it has the reputation it does
if you want to fix this general get rid of this retardation
>>
>>1874247
hey that's saladin's dynasty!
>>
what if we don't want to "fix" this general?
>>
roflmao this retard fell for the vicky 3 shills and feels personally attacked when people remind him what a meme game it is
>>
once eu adopts a less euro-centric branding and adds the blorgs it will finally reach a perfect score
>>
>>1874628
>>1874629
Oh I see, you think discord/steamgroups are /gsg/. They are not. We're their victims as well.
>>
>>1874751
We used to have warnings in the OP against those people for years but the shitposters (likely from discord themselves) who took over the thread don't use them anymore
>>
>>1874751
I'm sorry but if vast majority of posts look exactly like these "discord" people then that's what gsg is. This thread looks exactly like a typical gsg invasion except it's gsg, are we the victims again? Where's the real thread?
>>
>>1874762
/gsg/ is a thread to discuss Grand Strategy Games. If the posts are not related to Grand Strategy therefore they are not /gsg/ posts.
>>
File: Screenshot (627).png (2.56 MB, 1920x1080)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB PNG
how do i even compete with this ottoblob
>>
stop replying to me robbie
>>
File: Screenshot (628).png (1.94 MB, 1920x1080)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
wtf ai portugal is playing tall and not blob into morroco? they just did it to eliminate barbary raids + ship force limit
>>
>>1874729
I think it's the fact the OP shits on Project Caesar for literally no reason other than
>Johan said something during Imperator's development years ago wahhhh ;w;
>>
nice get
johan himself said the best game ever made was world of warcraft
by rights, wow should be acceptable to post here but then jane trane will have an arse spaz
>>
coming back later with my wow AAR, gona need to find $15 i don't need for basic survival
>>
johans likes fantasy trash? my respect for him just plummeted
>>
File: 20241016161533_1.jpg (702 KB, 1920x1080)
702 KB
702 KB JPG
>last war to unify islam
1st time i've really enjoyed late game eu4
>>
the op shits on him for the same reason that anbennar is a shitty mod
>>
>>1874810
so a completely unrelated reason, or one that was invented by your schizophrenic HRT-addled brain, discordite scum?
>>
mom said not to talk to meanies so consider yourself ignored
>>
>>1874816
go back to whichever discord shithole you came from so people can actually talk about video games
>>
you're trying too hard kiddo
go back to playing around with spurdo spardo or suiseiseki or whatever it is you midgets do these days -__-
>>
>>1874822
dumb tranny
>>
you're a loose cannon anon, now hand over your thread and and op pic
>>
File: 4X+Strategy Games.webm (3.7 MB, 1280x720)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB WEBM
here is my poem *clears throat* ahem
eating an eu4bab egypt campaign
where once the screenshots fell like rain
now its just fags who same
now look at webm
of swat game
and remember always
bless the thane
>>
*cracks knuckles*
>allow_laws
>techpoints
>techpoints
>techpoints
gaming time
>>
File: smexems.jpg (1.89 MB, 3049x1952)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
this artificial back and forth between thane and trane is becoming tiresome
can't we all just come together and enjoy a nice bit of stellaris multiplayer RP?
>>
either that or i'm taking permanent leave back to hang with the /civ4xg/ crew
thread over there is looking even more schizo than this one
>>
he will speak like a prince, i foretell, in the next life
our anby
only that he would learn to do the same now!
>>
>>1874604
>jannies should
Jannies abandoned /vst/ seconds after it was created. This is Hell. /gsg/ has been moved here because mods don't want to bother with it anymore
>>
>>1874898
/vst/ was literally created as an offshot of /gsg/. Why do you keep whining at yourself?
>>
>>1874905
/vst/ is the thirteen colonies to our British Empire. Never will the accept the fact everything they have came from us.
>>
they*
>>
>>1874906
LOL, civ4xg and totalwargen had way more influence than the flopped general who kept falling off the catalog
>>
how new is this moron hahaha
>>
^
>>
File: 20241016185401_1.jpg (642 KB, 1920x1080)
642 KB
642 KB JPG
we did it bros
>>
>>1874241
Half the posts are already using the reply function, hehehe, the barbarians are slowly assimilating to our colonization efforts
>>
das rite
>>
File: 20241005002404_1.jpg (707 KB, 1920x1080)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
>>1874944
Ok
Rome has fallen. Millions must die
>>
File: germany27.jpg (3.25 MB, 5850x2314)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
>>
>>1874955
>German Brazil
VGH... the teutonic fields of amazonia... home
>>
project cormorant shall never fail with the earl by our side
>>
the king is coming to visit, and now i'm thi nking like... if eu5 is half decent and there are people on this darned websight in 6-12 mnths,... will gsg have anything to show ? here's to hoping
>>
which nation do i play in vic2
>>
https://youtu.be/FJtF4VvKBTA?si=nrS6vlkpTL3E_i7B
wiliam wright, pay what you owe
>>
boring
>>
>>1874898
>Jannies abandoned /vst/ seconds after it was created.
the fact posts instantly disappear when someone tells /gsg/fags to go back to /vg/ proves you wrong
>>
>>1875009
yeah that might be our 1 millionth piece of evidence that the janny sits in /gsg/ the entire day, hopefully we can start building a case soon
>>
File: 20241016203950_1.jpg (724 KB, 1920x1080)
724 KB
724 KB JPG
Is there any way for me to get additional diplo rep? I just need one more point to vassalize these fucks and I really don't want to handle the headache of dismantling hre
>>
File: 20241016204103_1.jpg (720 KB, 1920x1080)
720 KB
720 KB JPG
>current diplo rep
>>
that's quite the cum she is having
>>
fuck off tranime/"thane" nigger
>>
>>1875011
gsg got expelled from 108 boards already, but clearly is never their fault people develop anti-gsgism feelings
>>
>>1875037
im the only person on the entire planet who even knows what /gsg/ is
>>
>>1875037
True gsg was never tried though
>>
true gsg of course being 700 consecutive posts of the same eu4 egypt campaign every single one of which will be followed by raucous applause
>>
ayo lets start a new egypt and chill campaign
what would be the meme goal tho
>>
goal: get you to stop posting in this thread and never come back
>>
File deleted.
>>1875046
egypt and chill on this dick

wtf, i gotta go do my job for two hours
>>
bruh what'd yall gonna do without my super important eu4 screencaps
>>
oh sorry it's you i was talking about the other guy
>>
maldives getting boring fr
>>
>>1875043
As opposed to a chatroom for mentally ill autistic people who don't even have the courtesy to talk about grand strategy games
>>
based fellow eu4bab bro you tell em
>>
christ what a painfully unfunny board
no wonder it's so dead
>>
>>1874762
These posters have been ruining /vst/ for a while, just look at the EUV threads in the archive. Part of their shtick is dancing around the fact they are raiders and saying it's some other group like 'robbie' or steam groups. If jannies don't delete this general it's just gonna stay permabumped as their chatroom and ruin the board harder.
>>
i literally only use /gsg/ of all garbage i can pick in /vst/ the same way i only ever used /gsg/ when it's still on /vg/
>>
gsg is more like a lounge for grand gaming enthusiasts
vst/ers may strategize, they may even strategize grandly, but do they ever truly 'game'...
*swirls redbull*
*slurps*
*burps*
>>
>>1875072
it's pretty fake interest for the most part, if someone posted here (hypothetically, obviously this would not happen) for their genuine love of strategy games they would be like wtf is this shit, then again the dood on civ4xg literally pretends he plays games (a fascinating level of pointless hyper autism) so it can still get worse
>>
>>1875066
Why are you even here?
>>
cuz i lack the birdmana to drill ur moms pussy right now lmao
>>
i like eu4 but i dont like egypt
>>
christian egypt duh?
>>
egypt peaked 10000 years ago
>>
>start Hungary campaign
>get coastline
>first ruler born after getting coastline is a Navigator

can't escape Horthy huh?
on another note he's 5/4/6 and ascended to the throne at 19. do I let VII. István have his fun and try to get any sort of exploration going at all?
>>
if you wanna get memed on by ottoblob later down the line go ahead
>>
File: eu4_47.png (3.39 MB, 1920x1080)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB PNG
they have already been contained. annihilation will resume as soon as the truce ends
>>
as hungary, gobble up every livestock province in the new world because.. hungary.. haha get it? no? :((
>>
>>1875091
About as mature as I expected.
>>
how many kids you got mr. old and washed out
>>
ey bunkie imma make some of that grosgermanium
you want some?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
my OP pic never fails to attract non gsg regulars :D
>>
File: 20241016224614_1.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
ok... now this is based
>>
wasn't it rio da plata
>>
yeah but the Portuguese don't know how to spell
>>
Would you recommend any Hearts of Iron IV DLCs?
>>
>>1875167
Paradox has a complex system of DLCs paired with free updates so people often struggle to remember what DLCs add what. Many of them add important features. I’d recommend pirating the dlc since you’re better off with all of it. Or do the DLC subscription thing so you can try them all out.
>>
>>1875167
just pirate them all
>>
>>1875192
Why do I feel like you like little kids.
>>
>>1874277
not that anon, but I've played with HPMP recently. Honestly, the mod is good but the new guy added a lot of shit, some good, some not as good. He also introduced some bugs like healthcare not able to tell you researched medicine, or the great war dismantle nation events being bugged and not triggering or giving land to the wrong nation, so it's a pain in the ass to play it right now. I'm half thinking about trying to figure out what the bug is but it's such a pain in the arse, the mod is very big and I have no idea where to look to fix this.
>>
File: v2_2.jpg (631 KB, 1920x1080)
631 KB
631 KB JPG
>>1875199
Also my last game. Note how the near east is russian. Russia wasn't even in the war where I dismantled the Ottoman empire, so fuck me I guess.
>>
>>1874713
victoria 2 coming in just above eu4
>>
>>1874713
woah if you invert the rankings you order them by fun
>>
>>1874713
grigsby doesn't make grand strategy games
>>
File: 20241016044701_1.jpg (1.07 MB, 2560x1440)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
Remember when Africa, the Middle East, India, and western China all started speaking French by 1066?
>>
File: 20241016183810_1.jpg (1.07 MB, 2560x1440)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
What should I play? I wanted to do that Greco-Norman Latin Empire game, but the Empire of the Greeks doesn't even exist anymore. I could roll the save back 150 years to try again but I feel soured on CK3 as a whole now.
I know it's meant to be done with the Karlings but I could go back and go for the Restore Carolingian Borders this time. I had been sitting around and waiting a lot because I didn't want to blob but this time I would actually have something to be more actively working towards. I'd imagine it would actually be pretty easy with claimants.
>>
play as gotland in 867
>>
>>1875307
Basé et rougepilé
>>
>download mod collection recommended on gsg
>pic related pops up
I thought the whole gay thing was a joke
>>
Do you find it interesting that the Soviet army and air force begins the campaign with numerous debuffs but ends it with significant buffs?
>>
>>1875307
guess they tried to make Lingua Franca not require a complete WC
>>
>>1875364
I recall it was always like this, I think legends or something might just be propagating it even more or something
>>
File: 20241016210815_1.jpg (458 KB, 2560x1440)
458 KB
458 KB JPG
I rolled that campaign back, formed Britannia to keep the realm united as I blob and go for Carolingian borders while I wait for the 4th Crusade event.
What should I take for architected ancestry? I did Fecund last time, but I'm kind of considering Giant this time.
>>
do giant ^_^
>>
File: let us waggle them.png (63 KB, 1123x163)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>
>>1875626
A decade ago, or so. Before, I was avid player of Civ III and V, as well as the Settlers series, Heroes of M&M III and IV and Knights and Merchants 2.
>>
me personally? i was a huge plants vs zombie fan
>>
>>1875660
I really liked the Threepeater and the fire plant that doubled pea damage.
>>
>>1875660
I still need to beat it haha
>>
You been playing any grand strategy games?
I played a Finland campaign in Hearts of Iron IV and lost.
>>
https://youtu.be/wXs1DRtFGio
Yeah I played an Ireland campaign
>>
Which game was your Ireland campaign?
Also, Halo is getting a remake.
>>
/gsg/ is getting a remake
>>
>>1875682
I would tell you what game but you deleted that guy's posts so now I'm not gonna haha
>>
Uh, I don't think that I have the power to delete the posts of others.
>>
Anyone who remembers the Falconcrest daughters here?
>>
Nta but I also played an Ireland campaign
https://youtu.be/kNgHMQqapuk
>>
>>1875695
I remember one anon playing Warcraft mod in the Stormgrade are, but this is probably something else
>>
Makes sense. Ireland is considered to be a "newbie island".
>>
>>1869912
>>
>>1875167
You need them all to play the game or none if you want to play MP since they come from the host. If you are poor enough to ask this question then pirate them

>>1875344
Pretty much has to be like that, otherwise soviets would either always win or always lose and more importantly just be another germany instead of being it's own thing.
>>
File: EU IV Ultimate sale.jpg (130 KB, 633x538)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Can I sit with you guys?
>>
>>1875680
>you should feel embarassed to have joy as an adult
too right. happiness is for women and children
>>
This is my first time ever opening these threads and I wonder why everybody talks like a discordian speaking in lowercase about some retarded shit only he cares about.
>>
>>1875761
>everyone
It's literally two ban evading discrod trannies who have plagued this thread for the last couple years
>>
File: phalia nicht amüsiert.png (119 KB, 400x400)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>1875720
That's literally me ...
>>
>>1875799
I obviously meant 'teens
>>
whens't is the radical ritewing hoi4 mod coming out ??
>>
God is so good legends
>>
https://youtu.be/TphBIdbRX3w?si=RJhzd5FUfBLbpvj1
>>
guy on the right (theo?) and neil podcast was entertaining
>>
DO NOT DO IT
Dude. what the frick. you'll get buyer's remorse trust me. just download it from fit tranny
>>
>>1874241
>Wake up
>This shit general still allowed here
>Day ruined
useless janny
>>
>>1875874
It makes me happy to know this.
>>
bros eu5 might be getting some good shit...
https://youtu.be/zUNEk8F-kyI
>>
>>1875905
Buy an ad.
>>
>>1875905
Great video. Game looks great so far but until we actually see gameplay it's hard to say for sure.
>>
bot?
>>
File: 1676067906319336.jpg (37 KB, 512x512)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>diplomat mana
you cant make this shit up
>>
there's few things i love more than watching other people play video games but watching my wholesome big chungus pops play and ruin the game for me is one of them
>>
>mandate that more imams/shamans/witch doctors come to my backward third world capital
>rapidly gain more culture points
>press a button and my country is no longer racist, retarded, and able to understand how public utilities work
???
>>
>>1875922
>invite cia
>get couped
>great satan now likes you
jesuits work the same way
>>
>>1875925
Like I get it but I just think it's funny how east asian countries are considered 'uncivilized' and as easy to adapt as say a random subsaharan or middle eastern kingdom
>>
STOP USING THE REPLY FUNCTION, YOU ARE RUINING THE THREAD
>>
>>1875933
>>>/sc2/
>>
m8 you need to go back to shitposting in the starsector threads this is just embarrassing
>>
>>1875933
What you mean? they made the reply to keep it organized
>>
let me organize ur mom's jungle faggot
>>
>video adresses audience as 'boys'
behehe hahaha i closed it
>>
>>1875917
vicky 2 literally has that you disingenuous retard
>>
no it does not you cunt
>>
vicky 2 also has an ai that will declare war on you but you won't see that in eu need for sneed 5
>>
yeehaw
>>
>>1875980
https://vic2.paradoxwikis.com/Diplomatic_points
Do you fucking retards even play the games or are you just here to shitpo oh wait
>>
the irony holy shit
>>
>>1875983
what? ai loves to declare wars on you the moment you slip up and have too few manpower reserves on eu, you talking shit
>>
>>1875988
What, the irony of you faggots whining about a specific type of Le MaNa that your beloved Vicky fucking has?
>>
high mana is essential for frozen orb
>>
lower your case and address us properly when posting in our lounge, dumb nigger
>>
Are they done making EU IV DLC?
>>
>>1875998
You own nothing, you live in a ghetto here after getting expelled everywhere else
>>
Hearts of Iron IV future DLCs:
Germany, Belgium, Belgian Congo, Hungary, Austria
Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, India
Japan, China, Manchuria, Mengkukuo, Chinese Minors
Philippines, Malaysia, Dutch East Indies, Siam
>>
>>1876008
Thanks for the info!
>>
>>1875998
>our lounge
Two discord trannies does not a lounge make
>>
>vicky 2 diplomatic points are just like eu bird mana
are all the locals this retarded
>>
>>1876027
We're not talking about EU4. We're talking about EU5 and its "diplomats" which are literally the same as Vicky 2 diplomatic points, because surprise surprise Johan defaults to ripping off his previous games
>>
File: 20241018002239_1.jpg (689 KB, 1920x1080)
689 KB
689 KB JPG
blogposting will continue until morale improves
>>
speaking of blogposting
wonder if aarnon will ever be able to find us here in vst
>>
>>1876049
Additionally, diplo points function differently in Victoria 2. It's not a mana gauge, it's a limiter on your diplo actions so you cannot spam improve opinion and easily farm spherelings. You do most of diplomacy by deciding how you'll play the game, and this is even more expanded in Vicky 3 (kinda shit honestly, but diplomatic plays are awesome)
>>
Still mad they specifically said any Muslim country of any government could form the Caliphate. Lo and behold, the first campaign I had in mind couldn’t form it.
>>
thanks for the lesson on memegame 2
>>
mom bought me chocolate with hazelnuts
>>
fuck aarnon
that nigga can retire for all i care. what's more important is however, how's otterposter? is he fine? why hasn't he posted here despite the fact that /gsg/ has been back in all of its glory
>>
i hate nuts
i hate otters
>>
"mom, that's nuts!"
do it 63
>>
i dont think mom got the joke
>>
... i didn't meant to actually ask you do that
>>
File: Austria needs the bat.jpg (541 KB, 1519x838)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
Started the campaign as Austria. They have 171 development and a decent army.
Very quickly unlock a casus belli to personal union Bohemia, the next biggest nation in the Holy Roman Empire.
Bohemia has 166 development and an army of about 20k.
It has only been 3 years and Austria is already stronger than France and the Ottomans, I also unlocked missions to personal union Hungary and Poland.

I know that Austria is a major nation but isn't this a little ridiculous?
>>
it was austrias time
>>
File: 20241018021516_1.jpg (661 KB, 1920x1080)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
lmao
>>
DLC = powercreep
>>
i bought the goy4 xpac and then a day later found out all the youtubers had 20% off codes
>>
File: 20241018022344_1.jpg (700 KB, 1920x1080)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
Probably partly powercreep but also just due to how eu4 combat works. Reserves take morale damage so I sent in a stack of marines as bait and waited till they all joined the battle, then sent the main invasion force to reinforce. 1 day before they arrived retreated with the marines so they started the battle with only 3 morale. Only cost me 280000 marines but sailors aren't people
>>
Looks like the sun is about to set on the British Empire.
What nation did you start as in 1444?
>>
File: 20241018023120_1.jpg (570 KB, 1920x1080)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
Yeah they're going to lose Canada and the US, and they have almost no other colonies. Grim. I started as Memeluks because I'm a cheevofag
>>
>>1874246
Ck3 with crusader wars mod
Field of glory empires (and medieval I think) with field of glory ii, be very careful though, field of glory is turn based
Both of these require you to import battles to another game, which I’ve come to realize is the only way to have a true gsg with in-depth battles as nobody really has time time/money to make a full, single game that has the gsg mechanics of eu4/vicky, but also the battle mechanics of total war
>>
>>1876148
Total War fucking sucks though
>>
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes... it's almost as if residents of vst come to post in here...
but maybe that's too unlikely,... why would residents of our new board ever try that...
>>
>>1876152
This is /vst/ though?
>>
>>1876150
Tough fucking luck nigger go buy the field of glory series and learn it
>>
ah, sorry... i'll try and make my sarcasm even more obvious next time...
just for you, my dear replyfag...
>>
File: otter 276.jpg (120 KB, 1164x1280)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
what was your first total war game? mine was med2
>>
>>1876160
I don't think total war is grand strategy.
>>
mine was bannerlord
>>
File: 20241018025344_1.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080)
525 KB
525 KB JPG
Bailing so I can deal with a coalition, the yanks should have this in the bag either way
>>
Bannerlord looked interesting so I was considering buying it until I realized I’d be giving my money to t*rks
>>
it got boring after pirating it for few weeks and so i uninstalled
and then i tried playing it again a few months later and i got bored of it again but even faster
you did good on not buying/trying it
>>
>>1875199
>>1875211
did Turks have a truce with Russia from a diffeent war?
i think the Dismantle Nation CB awards territory to ANY nation with a truce with the dismantle victim.
>>
File: 1009576004961968289.png (110 KB, 320x320)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>1876055
why/how is morocco still around?
>>
>4 focus trees and a couple menu options
>that'll be $50 please
>>
Nations that are raidboss tier (very formidable):
Ottomans
Timurids
France
England
Ming
>>
Goofy ahh currency
>>
what did ^ he mean by this
>>
You mean she
>>
>>1876182
>>1876186
>>1876188
All me
>>
>>1874241
vst is a Victoria 3 thread btw
>>
I really hope that they make Victoria 3 good.
>>
Ck3 will always be better than ck2 because ck3’s map and graphics aren’t so ugly that you want to rip out your eyes
>>
rare ck2 opinion that i can agree with
>>
Whenever I think about Crusader Kings 2, I think about that strange colour that Khazaria has.
>>
ck3 is way uglier
plus the interface is awful
>>
>>1876055
imagine doing this in eu3
but you did it in eu4 which is way less soul
respect
>>
ck3's map is ugly but that's part because meneth works for ubisoft now, and part cause it suits the game. henrik is no fool and he is reading your posts so sharpen up would be my advice. if you wana live
>>
200 posts til /gsg/ is irrelevant again
>>
its going to take 15 days to fall off the catalog tho
>>
can alby realy be saved in 15 days?
>>
whoby?
>>
cranby season is here
>>
File: 1706245041159400.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
gegagagagagugagugaguga
>>
i thought paradawg paid k&g to make this but no
what in the fucking jewry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb8QaEvo9iE
>>
is 'some turk' gona host eu4 early tonite or do i need to crash
>>
/int/eu4 is too 'co-op PvE' and not enough 'RP-PvP'
it reveals a flaw in eu4 which is that it's (i'm ashamed to admit because it's a good 'game') "soulless"
eu5 is gona be 'good' or else there is no thaneryke, and God is a lie
(drunk admissions, what gsg was lacking 10 years ago)
>>
remember mote-MP and how savage it was
i genuinely had a boner every time we played and that game was (and still is) a 'masterpiece' (drink gin and pray to Yah to experience this feel)
>>
stellaris RP-multiplayer comes in at a close but horrified second, but for me it's the do-or-die of russia mite kill me
>>
File: 1727973489003.png (39 KB, 236x277)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
Grand strategy games?
>>
File: 20241018120631_1.jpg (658 KB, 1920x1080)
658 KB
658 KB JPG
>Bulgaria putting in work all game
Don't know if the replyfag is still here but Morocco was a GP for a good while and managed to conquer all of West Africa. After I invaded for the Maghreb they were exiled south of the Sahara, and I couldn't be fucked to go in and balkanize them. Currently alllies as relations normalized after a hundred years.
>>
>>1876347
EU5 having pops might fix the soulless part. But the characters could have remained like they were in EU4. I don´t need to see kangz in hd.
>>
For me the problem with EU4 is that it gets boring once you're too powerful. Some sort of improved internal politics could help with this.
>>
true
>>
File: 1610880617314.jpg (915 KB, 2560x1440)
915 KB
915 KB JPG
>>1876390
What if you can actually see the effects of you bleaching/blacking the population? It would make something like pic related far more amusing
>>
https://youtu.be/Od7jfzVPNzU
>>
File: Screenshot (634).png (1.73 MB, 1920x1080)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB PNG
new comfy tall englund and chill campaign
>-20 colonial distance required to reach cape of good hope
bruh. my dip advisors are all level 3, should i gamble on firing them for the colonial range guy or just take cape against an allyless portugal
>>
>>1876409
You are already at the cape
>>
>>1876409
Recall your colonist and you should be able to reach the cape because your border it and it's coastal. It's kind of an exploit.
>>
File: Screenshot (636).png (1.79 MB, 1920x1080)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
100 ducats well invested
no portugal boutta finish their ivory coast provinces and 200% going for cape town next
will try that later
>>
good job idiot you took your gun apart and now you're defenseless
>>
Life of a /vst/ janny:
eating hot pockets
defending his beloved /gsg/tranny thread from critics and natives
letting off-topic posts and threads flourish
earning no money whatsoever
>>
what can i say we are literally the good guys
>>
File: 20241018144608_1.jpg (750 KB, 1920x1080)
750 KB
750 KB JPG
>Russia making a big comeback
ingerland bless
>>
>he's not goombastomping the map by 1460
>>
why is gsg on here now
i don't remember us having this discussion :\ guess you guys left me out...
>>
>>1876402
What is the best genocide simulator?
>>
>>1876486
Gotta be Victoria II with HPM (Historical Project Mod)
>>
File: IMG_0040.jpg (144 KB, 895x886)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
When/how did you discover /gsg/?
I came to /gsg/ in 2020 when I needed some help playing as Italy in hoi4
>>
2014 i was playing eu3 and when i asked for help someone ascii arted a penis at me and told me to lrn2play
>>
File: Gsg.png (876 KB, 1000x563)
876 KB
876 KB PNG
>>1876503
2015ish, maybe earlier
i discovered that /vg/ exists and noticed /gsg/ from the old OP pic

some of the first threads i recall was rob (who was still relevant back then) having fights with hpm and me understanding nothing because i was a newfag
>>
Has anyone ever tried playing as the American tribes?
>>
>incas and aztecs
yeah
>tribes
l
m
a
o
>>
Playing as a tribe is so boring, it’s like playing a colony but worse
>but dude fighting off the colonists is so cool!
Yea after you restart the campaign for the 40th time and savescum 20 times a year
>>
I only asked because the last DLC apparently added sunset invasion and European colonies.
>>
>>1876486
Dominions
>>
Are there any games that are similar to EUIV or VIc II? I am tired of playing paradox slop but I want to roleplay imperialism.
>>
Field of glory franchise
>>
>>1876503
Just recently when you guys moved in here? I thought /vg/ is just gacha and shit but this general just hits the right spot yk.
>>
Hello newfren, in the future remember that the act of replyfagging is strictly forbidden here :)
>>
hegemony maybeish
>>
But I thought that post was way above the screen.
>>
phoneposting is gay
you're gay
>>
Bruh I'm literally on pc.
>>
about to post some vids of me playing ck2 whos finna watch
>>
will it be a shorts
>>
yh I'll post some long form and break it into 1000 shorts
>>
can't wait
don't forgor about the goofy ahh sfx blud
>>
bros let's play some geo guess

https://openguessr.com/
mp code: gn1xjtkw
>>
like isorrow but worse
>>
>>1876603
*replies*
>>
>>1876746
i also love using basic features this website provides us
>>
was fun guessing roads anon, see ya
>>
What can be done about the replyfag epidemic
>>
>>1876444
Jannytroon is a manchurian candidate, as always gsg acts subverting boards untill people get fed up and expel them like in the other 108 boards...
>>
kids
they'll get tired on their own sooner or later
>>
File: 20240220061931_1.jpg (1.19 MB, 3440x1440)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>1876486
Vic2 with crimeamod. But CK2 is an honorable mention.
>>
>>1876503
same year as you, but a month after the ck3 release because i thought i knew better to wait a month before pirating and trying a new release but little did i know that paradox takes fucking years to make a game good and even between dlcs and mandatory content bullshit they always sprinkle bugs everywhere which means i was tasked with pirating different versions until finding a decent one (1.5.1)
>>
Replyfags begone
>>
>>1876888
never
>>
>>1876813
>hungarian ukraine
vgh
>>
DLCs that I plan to purchase (during the next sale):
Man The Guns
By Blood Alone
Arms Against Tyranny
No Step Back
La Resistance
Trial of Allegiance
>>
i'm only a replyfag when i need to be
>>
>>1876803
Stop trying to enforce /gsg/ (shariah) culture then
>>
mom i'm replying in /gsg/ tee hee so epic :O
>>
just ate a bagel, a cinnamonroll, and some crackers. any gsg where i can make grains into tasty food
>>
File: 1713865947633402.jpg (759 KB, 1920x1080)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
>>
only one i can think of is stronghold
>>
>just ate a baked slop, another baked slop with extra diabetes and some microwave cancer slop
nigga just binge corn syrup at this point
>>
>>1876977
Well in Victoria, liquor is made from grains.
>>
File: 20241019005325_1.jpg (1.62 MB, 3440x1440)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>captured the roach caliph
Maybe castrating him will damage the Seljuks more effectively than winning 7 wars against them.
>>
What's the /gsg/ equivalent of Yakub?
>>
>>1877044
Grigsby
>>
literally who
>>
I mean in terms of games/countries
I don't know tripfags, namefags, e-celebs or youtubers and I intend to keep it that way
>>
grigsby is a game dev
>>
>>1877044
sid meier
>>
>rin ru down
how am I supposed to gsg now
>>
>>1877099
you should buy the games you play
>>
there is this little place called igg-games, have you ever heard of it?
>>
yes i heard of it after they were exposed as using bitcoin miners
>>
Who would win in a 1444 war between the Ottomans and the Timurids?
>>
i dont know but i want ottomans to win
>>
>>1877099
Turn yourself over to the authorities pedophile
>>
File: 20241019052457_1.jpg (1.59 MB, 3440x1440)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
Bros....Catholic Coptic Egypt
>>
File: 1583806749606.jpg (1.12 MB, 2560x1440)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>1877167
That was my campaign
>>
File: 20241019052242_1.jpg (422 KB, 1920x1080)
422 KB
422 KB JPG
rip british empire :(
>>
File: 20241019060142_1.jpg (692 KB, 1920x1080)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>believable worlds
>>
Chilling out in the Peloponnese while the Emperor goes wild. It's annoying the AI doesn't mend the schism or form Rome. It just hit 1200 so I'm waiting for the Mongols to show up and see how the Empire fairs
>>
File: 20241019075840_1.jpg (575 KB, 1920x1080)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
>New world war just dropped
>>
>>1874241
What flag exactly is that right under the prussian one, with the horse silhouette??
>>
Been wanting to do goy4 but the update is still weeks out. I think I’m going to do another South Africa game since there have been a few rebalances since the last time.
>>
>>1877218
Tunis
>>
File: epic.png (1.4 MB, 1252x783)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>thousands of prestige
>expanded srbia to middle power in the balkans
>'haha poop' event forever tarnishes reputation
i thought you said ck3 was fixed
>>
File: epic2.png (2.04 MB, 1920x1080)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>form serbia
>enter royal court for first time
>*dangling feet*
>>
File: images.jpg (49 KB, 480x420)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>1877237
Thanks!
>>
>>1877221
TFR released today, play that

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.