[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1577703810122.jpg (30 KB, 712x671)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Why is this board so fucking DEAD outside of 40k-related threads/generals?
>>
>>49273753
>>
jannies mostly
very small part the shills/bots. This is more a consequence of the former, though
People who try to actually talk about games unironically get banned for it, see the card games thread and the like
>>
>>94210727
Is better to play games than to talk about games. Most issues are very common and already solved and there's no point on using this site as a blog.
>>
>>94210732
Fuck off
quests were like 2% of traffic in 2011
>>
Endless waves of world-building threads with no attachment to any actual game or direct input by the OP. Just dumped into the catalog and kept alive for days and weeks.
>>
File: 17564514364544145.png (816 KB, 985x628)
816 KB
816 KB PNG
>>94210727
Who cares I used to want to save this board, until I realized it was an uphill battle where you always lose why should I waste my time to call out shitposters or people who go out of their way to ruin it. At best I realized it, if you want a good time you can troll the fuck out of this board and watch the posts come in. You wont get banned for this infact im pretty sure it encouraged. /tg/ was a top board but recently not so much the posters have plummeted here. Nazi mod killed us but the new mods who took over this place makes him look like Mister Rogers.

This threads gonna get removed soon, my message is continue to make the worst bait imaginable youll get bites.
>>
>>94205734
>>
>>94210786
This is the real answer.
>>
>>94210727
>Most threads are replybait to make the board look alive to advertizers
>Replybait wastes people's time until they learn to avoid those threads
>Most threads are avoided so activity is low
>replybait is made to make the board appear more alive to advertizers
Repeat ad infinitum
>>
>>94210727
the reasons given here are retarded, the actual reasons are
>imageboards are dying
>tabletop games are not that popular
>>
>>94210727

People don't really use image boards anymore, it's all Twitter and Discord.

Also the hobby has been highly corporatized which has affected how the younger generation interacts with it, so there's less interest in tentpole franchises like Hasbro-slop or GW - which you just need a general for.
>>
>>94210902
The hobby is not just DnD or 40k your the issue
>>
>>94210807
The dark answer, only 40k threads survive so just shit post 40k shit and laugh. Everything else is sent to a general ghetto or even worse its sent to a general ghetto but you share the ghetto with literally every other wargame
>>
>>94210727
>What game?
>What system?
>What game?
>What system?
>What game?
>What system?
>What game?
>What system?
>>
>>94210786
>>94210879
>make thread
>first 10 posts are against OP and add nothing
>"wait where did OP go?"
>>
>>94210807
A fallen knight, I’ll still fight for /tg/ purity abs redemption. Hiro will sell the website and we will rise from the ashes
>>
>>94210786
Those wouldn't be an issue if the board was faster. When /tg/ was more lively, people would make dozens of those threads, and it was fine because most would live and die over the span of a few hours, not days.

/tg/ used to have a very "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" approach, and it worked. Sturgeons's Law says that 90% of everything is crud, and /tg/ was no exception, but we had such a volume of posts that the 10% that was good managed to rise to the top. Now, we have less than half the traffic we had even just four years ago, and most non-general threads just get drowned out by people bumping generals with very little real activity in them.

>>94210896
The other image boards are doing fine, and tabletop games have never been as popular as they are now.
>>
>>94210923
This but unironically.
>>94210925
Why would any OP leave? Whenever I make a thread, it's a constantly open tab until its inevitable death. Even if the first few posts are shitposts, I will reply to genuine posts or just post like anyone else talking about the topic at hand.
I've seen honest and genuine questions aimed at the OP completely ignored.
>>
>>94210727
People got sick of tge same retarded DnD bitching topics (alignments, caster balance, broken CR, tieflings, etc) and moved on to better games which have their communities places besides 4chan usually, such as Discord and Twitter.
>>
>>94210727
Honestly I don't see much of a point of using an imageboard to discuss board games or ttrpgs, it's always just trolls trolling trolls.
Which games are better is so subjective and you'll always be limited by your group anyway (unless you play solo, but even the solo thread gets wannabe trolls all the time).
Plus, it's 4chan, too much of the threads will be just /pol/ adjacent or anime shit that's worthless to actual games.
>>
>>94210925
I've seen plenty "worldbuilding" threads where the hostility didn't start until there were a dozen posts engaging with whatever inane topic OP posed. The on-topic posts were effectively ignored for days, while the so-called "anti-discussion" criticisms were jumped on within minutes of being posted.
The "worldbuilders" don't even care about their own topics, so don't even try to play the victim angle, fag.
>>
This website went from the best 40k hotspot to an act drainage ditch what the fuck happened
>>
>>94210942
>The other image boards are doing fine
Are you an actual qboomer or something? Eightchan(this website's name still triggers filters lol) used to be active, now its only active board is qresearch, Kirtaner's schizophrenia killed 420 and even country based chans aren't safe, like kraut got killed and turned into the zombie it's now called kohl
The only exception to this was sharty and it got killed by retarded management after kuz
> tabletop games have never been as popular as they are now.
not really, unless you think critical role pulling views makes them relevant
>>
>>94210947
And in the same way, you see bad faith questions that get answered and then never elaborated on. I can't blame anyone for losing interest if that's the feedback.
We've had some genuinely nice threads these past few weeks, and coincidentally they were the ones where the trolls didn't shit the place up.
>>
>>94210923
Imagine talking about games on the board for games.
>>
>>94210983
Then you will also have seen perfectly fine threads that had ongoing, on topic discussions and then the trolls jumped in without even reading and start spamming their usual one liners.
>>
>>94210990
There is an Eightchan spin off that has a /tg/ but the place is like 3 posts a week tier dead
>>
>>94211005
>>94210990
I used eightchans /tg/ when it started, that placed banned Quests off the rip, in fact I think the only reason 4/tg/ banned quests and made /qst/ was a response to it and then guys just slowly trickled back here
>>
>>94211005
Tarrant's spergout killed the whole website other than qresearch, in its last years other than like 10 boards it wasn't really active anyway but it wasn't completely dead
>>
>>94211020
Yep, people often ignore this very reason why quests got banned, the anti quest posters complained and went there but then all came back when this place banned them.
>>
>>94210995
Every time those guys ask what game and they get an answer, they just stop talking. So they certainly don't want to talk about games.
>>
>>94210727
because you're used to /v/ which is fast paced and short posts. So faggots from /v/ come here, get confused that there's fewer people, mostly older, talking actual shop between the actual games they run and their real world jobs and lives, and then the /v/irgin gets confused by some multi-paragraph post explaining some bit of world building or rules and they call it reddit posting and have a conniption. That's what usually happens. They only know meme posting and brainless spam, and screaming in some twtich chat. Actual forum discussion is slow.

If you don't get it then this isn't a place for you.
>>
>>94210807
>M.D. Geist would save /tg/
>But then flip the switch and make it 10 times worse
>>
File: My Venn Diagram.png (116 KB, 405x580)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>94210771
He's referrign to the fact that quests were made by creative people, and when they banned quests, the creatives didn't think it was worth the trouble to create shit for the idiots who thought they shouldn't be there....so they didn''t.

The people who hated quests forgot that people who ran and played quests also did other things for and on this board, and when you ostracized them, they felt no need to grace this board with their efforts any longer.

You have the board you all wanted.
>>
>>94211079
/tg/ USED to be a top fucking board and had a bunch of posters. Stop acting like nothing is an issue and also dont go "um it was bad back then too" you fags always act like agents of the shitty mods who ruined this place
>>
>>94210727
Bumpfag did a number on this board and the retard moderator who bullies this place doesn't help either.
>>
>>94211084
Your whine is just wrong though
quests were made by attention seeking faggots who contributed nothing and would be lauded by today's moderation
>>
>>94211084
If questfags played traditional games, they would still stick around for traditional games.
Which is something you can still do all day.
I hate this argument about muh creative people leaving. If they don't play, or run, or design games, they don't belong here anyway.
>>
>>94210888
The worst part is you can tell the replybiat is made by somebody who doesn't even like rpg games.
>>
>>94210985
Because 40k became reddit
>>
Whoever is in charge of this place also likes to be a little fanboy and defend Trench Crusade HARD you are banned for simple critique agasint it. Yet the 5th 40k doompost thread is allowed to stay up funny aint it?
>>
>>94210822
This.
>>
What is there to post about?
>greentext story threads get maybe 1-2 genuine replies, aside from that it's someone crying about 5e once they get a whiff of a D&D related mechanic or just disbelief at the fact that a game is being run
>elf slave what do threads and other inane "... in your setting?" garbage hits the dump limit within 2-3 days
I understand that the last point always remained the same for /tg/ since it's beginning but posting about actual ttrpgs and the stories that happen within aside have zero relevancy here and that is not the fault of mods, jannies or any specific autists.

/tg/ was killed by the very people that frequent it and there is nothing else to it.
>>
File: 1516233892719(1).png (101 KB, 480x480)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>94210727
When are the mods going to ban catspammer?
>>
>>94211215
>aside from that it's someone crying about 5e once they get a whiff of a D&D related mechanic or just disbelief at the fact that a game is being run
Had this happening too, made a thread about a homebrew project and someone starting to rage about 5e once I mentioned that I used a d20. Even though it was an entirely new system.
Thread died within a day anyway, no bumpfag for me.
>>
>>94210822
I have honestly never seen evidence of this supposed shit mod existing.
>>
>>94211261
Just look at the card game thread and see people get banned for posting about cards in the game they play
>>
File: WhatTGLacks.png (116 KB, 1080x636)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>94211004
I have never seen anyone in those threads talk amongst themselves, they just leave their little "in muh settan" tidbit and fuck off without engaging anyone else.
That isn't discussion, that's feeding a parasite who thinks he's entitled to the efforts of others just because he made a thread that took no effort to post.
>>
>>94210727
Crest Research Group style innovative tactics.
There was an entire wave of western government funded plants to make 4chan boring to deradicalize it. It worked. You can google it.
>>
>>94211177
It really fucking did didn’t it?
>>
>>94211124
>if questfags played traditional games
So if quests aren't /tg/, then neither is any other rules-lite, narrative driven system. Moderation needs to adjust accordingly, if this is the case.
>>
>>94211261
>i've don't see posts that got deleted
That's because they were deleted, genius.
>>
>>94211305
What are you trying to say? Effort? Dude we're posting on 4chan, what effort is involved? Does it require you effort not to shitpost? Then don't post.
>>
>>94210727
1. Primary /tg/ franchises are going to shit. WotC? between Dead&Done and recent '80s horror movies' set? Shit. GW? Constantly splintering their franchises. (Most recent being The Old World, I think.)
2. 4chan itself is going to shit. You want to start a new thread? Wait for 300 seconds. You want to comment? Cloudflare captcha within normal captcha. And then 4chan captcha which are getting more and more aggravating.
3. LOTS of bad faith actors. It's increasingly more difficult to find anything worthy of note between 'hytnpdnd' and 'what game?' crowd.
4. Aging population is leaving the board while younglings (that might include you, OP) are addicted to constant dopamine rush from certain chinese brainwashing app wth two letters T in the name.
>>
>>94211305
You didn't see it because you also posted your tidbit and fucked off. Exchanges of posts do happen. And no, not every thread has to be a hundreds of posts-long discussion. Sometimes questions are asked and they get answered, thread is finished, on to the next.
>>
What this board needs?

More Ribbon. More Cestree.

It's actually amazing how many various aspects of /tg/ could be addressed with that. If you want to restore a sense of community, if you want to encourage a more positive approach towards games, and you want to encourage homegrown memes rather than importing them from Twitter, what could be better than two girls who love games who hail from the Golden Age of /tg/?

It doesn't have to be Ribbon or Cestree, but encouraging people to draw more /tg/ characters and positive memes is vital to this board. Drawfaggotry used to be the lifeblood of this place. And, reposting drawfag images is an easy way to encourage more people to drawfag.

Even if you can only draw stick figures, draw. Draw, and repost.
>>
>>94211330
You're never coming back, questfag. Now go back to your concentration camp.
>>
>>94211084
>that quests were made by creative people
Most weren't, and in general quests had grown incredibly insular and seperate from the rest of /tg/. More importantly, there's no law saying you only can visit one board, so people were and still are able to visit both boards. Your entire logic is nonsense and just self-defeatist bitching.

/qst/ wasn't even made as a punishment. It was a new board with special additional features made in recognition of how popular quests had become, and for a while it wasn't even a containment board, with using it being optional. But, with questers complaining about the slower traffic (there's that self-defeatist bitching again), they changed the policy (and the sticky) so that quests actually became banned on /tg/.

It would have been nice if the mods communicated this all better and they didn't make it seem like they were kowtowing to the anti-quest trolls on this board, but communication has never been 4chan's admins' biggest strength.
>>
When they added all these extra hurdles just to post it kind of killed the whole site. You can see dead ass threads everywhere and when you see a thread that stays up it's either a mods favorite subject, being bumped buy the same 3 people, or either a bot/shill thread. The appeal of this site used to be quick shit posting with the rare actual productive conversations but who in their right mind would want to jump through hoops to post something meaningful for us fucks on this shit site?
>>
>>94211543
>When they added all these extra hurdles just to post it
What was even the thought process there? Can't imagine even an actual invalid like GookMook would shoot themselves in the foot like that.
>>
>>94210727
>Post-nazi mod board trauma lasting till about '14
>Deliberate and intentional actions of the moderation to drive this place down
>Kicking out quests to separate board
>Election tourism around exact same time
>Summer of '18 never ended (realismfaggotry/local lord shitposting)
>Bumpfaggotry
>Covid tourism
>Allowance of bot threads
>Weekly autosage
>Revoking weekly autosage after it broke what little of activity was left
>gook moot active negligence (yes, I know this is an oxymoron) of blue boards
None of those factors was the deciding one, but all of them combined create the current landscape of a desert with but a few, drying oasis.
>>
>>94210727
>>94211565
Also, we can add few minor ones, that can be summed up as
>General anti-creativity hostility for the sake of "le ebic own"
We've got woyafags, people raiding writing and drawing threads, people shitting on 1d4 due to its repository value, people derailing generals for "middle weight" games, so eventually people stopped discussing them and so on and forth.
All for the sake of ebic win on nerds, with predictable results
>>
>>94210727
This board is run by people who don't play games

>"What's that, you're playing a race that isn't HUMAN or ELF?! UHHH FREAKSHIT MUCH?"
>"What could this be, your game has... an ongoing plot? MMM STORYSHITTER I SEE!"
>"Huh, are you guys daring to speak about Dungeons and Dragons here!? OH GOD I'M SHITTING MYSELF"
>"You don't understand, I NEED to post Ai slop in EVERY THREAD despite already having a designated street shitting thread for that
>"An anon who has the productivity to make a project on this board? NNGHH GO AWAY NOW!"
>"/tg/ culture? idk what that is probably definitely never existed and if it did it was CRINGE and NOT FUN"
>Other threads are made by bots/shills where genuine discussion is not required no favored
>And the rest get bumped off the catalogue thanks to bumpfag and the mods refusal to do anything about it because only benefits them

And any thread pointing out the problems here gets wiped instantly once a mod sees it
Anyone that would want to do anything here at all beyond shitposting left for the hills a while ago, no use in wasting time
>>
>>94211559
I know it will sound crazy but as someone else has stated in the thread they where pretty much paid to kill this site I think that's why og moot left he knew what was coming. I was seeing 4chan in normal news outlets and knew it wouldn't last. The new guy running this place is just squeezing all he can out of it.
>>
>>94210983
>Anons are chilling and having a nice day at the pool
>Muh Game comes along and stakes a shit in the pool out of spite
>The pool is cleaned and people get on with their day
>The next time there is a pool party Muh Games comes out to shit in the pool and does this the next dozen times
>The rules of the pool say anon can't stop Muh Games from being there
>Now very time Muh Games show up everyone needs to try and stop to Muh Games from shitting in the pool again.

If you just stopped shitting in the pool then people who no longer need to argue with you.
>>
>>94211084
>quest fags were the only ones making OC

Holy shit the delusion
>>
>>94210727
4chan in general is dying outside of like /v/ and /pol/. The culture around the whole site has changed a lot over the years, most veterans either got old and left or grew tired and no one but the few tards that remain actually like nu-chan culture.
>>
>>94210727
jannies.
>>
>>94211305
Seek help. Don't stay here shitposting. You're insane person with delusions and a personal vendetta against a topic. You need therapy.
>>
>>94210727
40k is more mainstream than the rest. Meaning more hordes of retards infest those threads.
Trust me, most 40k threads currenly are fucking abysmal and will be so for the forseeable future.
There's newfag retards everywhere and it has been confirmed that there is discord server specifically dedicated to raiding and shitting 40k threads both in- and outside of /tg/.

Unironically you have it better, and I don't wish what happened to us, to happen to you.
Just stick to your guns, have fun and do some board appropriate content on your threads.
>>
>>94210727
>>94210764
Not your content farm neckbeardia.
>>
>>94211084
complete and total fabrication
>>
>>94211543
this is the truth
in the end phones killed this site
moderation through ips alone became prohibitive and there is so much friction to posting now its amazing anyone even bothers
>>
>>94212127
They never did.
Especially /pol/, those fags regularly flood 40k threads.
>>
>>94210727
The board functionally started as a 40k board. The feedback cycle of tg memes spreading 40k across the internet and back again only continued that trend. I'm a grog, and the idea of a 40k "secondary" was kind of preposterous back in the day. We liked the fluff, sure, but the game was the core of the fandom. The idea that someone would sit around arguing about the Horus Heresy while having never put together a *single* space marine was absurd. Post Dawn Of War though, there were tons of people who only knew 40k as a fiction setting, rather than a game setting. I suspect this is why there was such a shift to "The Narrative" too, though that might have had early antecedents with efforts to ape White Wolf and Vampire.
Anyway, all that is to say that this is a niche board based primarily around 40k, and most people who come here so so for 40k. I'd love it if there was a crazy active Unhallowed Metropolis general or thread dedicated solely to hacks of Aces & Eights or something, but that's just not how things are.
>>
>>94211330
There's nothing to adjust, nobody talks about those "games" either because their userbase just buys them to sit on a shelf.
>>
>>94212052
It's hard to be a content farm when there's no content, just faggotry and bitching from clowns like you
>>
>>94212259
get a job neckbeardia
>>
>>94210727
If there was a way to ban children and the current jannies, 4chan would heal. Unfortunately, IRL that'd also violate the entire "anonimity" deal that makes content here possible and we'd be screwed in a different way shortly afterward.
Nothing short of an economic collapse and several years of street fights to weed out the stupids via natural selection is likely to do anything.
>>
>>94212434
>discord
Opinion discarded to the sewer it belongs.
>>
>>94212378
>Nothing short of an economic collapse and several years of street fights to weed out the stupids via natural selection is likely to do anything.
Actually, a bit of economic prosperity would get them off the internet and back into the bars, sports arenas and car crashes where they belong.
>>
Everyone just retreats into their insular generals that are clogging up half the entire threads or more.
>>
>>94212598
>The /Pol/tards would at the very least insert their eugenics fantasy into an actual game system instead of just pretending
/pol/tards are malformed, terminally anti-social spergoids who can barely get along with the voices in their heads. They don't play any games.
>>
>>94212598
/pol/tards don't play games. They are barely able to avoid eating their keyboards. The only kind of threads /pol/tard make are the stupid shitpost kinds.
>>
File: GZvjg08WEA82Nzv.png (806 KB, 680x664)
806 KB
806 KB PNG
>>94211261
He malds if you post nigger, gives you a three day site wide ban. Even Vauthry wasn't that bad to /xivg/
See you in three days btw
>>
>>94211177
And you can thank shitheads like Aaron Dembski-Bowden for that.
>>
>>94210771
>quests were like 2% of traffic in 2011
Why did such a tiny interest need its own board?
>>
>>94210727
AI bot spam. The marketers and other assorted assholes think people can't tell the difference between their fake threads and real ones, they're wrong. The formula for
>Vague non committal question that's not really on topic
>Stupid picture, often AI produced
Got old after the first one. Let alone five fucking months (ongoing) of this shit. There's another spammer that will respond to random questions like "what does that mean, or 'explain," for some strangely maligned agenda.
>>
>>94211084
It's just a coincidence that /tg/ stopped making homebrew the very instant that quests were banned.
>>
>>94213362
Because morons threw a fit about quests and kept at it until mods gave in.
>>
>>94212875
/Pol/tards have made entire systems. You've never even played a single game. You do the math, Retard
>>
>>94213505
>You've never even played a single game.
Nice projection retard.
>/Pol/tards have made entire systems
Making unplayable crap does not really count as making entire systems, retard.
>You do the math
The math shows that you are a stupid faggot nogames
>>
>>94210727
All the fun people left for discord.
>>
>>94213594
You like other /pol/tards are clearly too retarded to play GURPs or any other tabletop game. You dumb nogames fag.
>>
>>94213618
Seems like you're too much of an outsider too even know what game is the easiest to play. Kindly fuck back off to wherever you're visiting from
>>
>>94210727
You've answered your own question. It's generals. Generals trap 99% of the conversations inside their swamps. This board was a much better place before prissy little bitches got angry at seeing more than one thread for a game gameline.
>>
>>94213638
Your retarded posts is projection and fail nogames. You would not know a game if one hit you in your faggot face.
>>
>>94213654
You're confusing yourself again, Schizonon. You're the one that was pretending to play games and I was the one calling your retarded for it. Try again but don't be so retarded this time.
>>
>>94213731
Nope, I know you are retarded and nogames. Go be dumb somewhere else fag.
>>
>>94210985
Because 40k is a festering pile of shit.
>>
>>94210727
The top 70 threads seem to have had replies in the past two hours. They appear to be a mix of all sorts of topics.
Most were not started by as insufferable a faggot as you, OP.
>>
>>94210727
hiroshimoot is AFK, tranny jannies are running the show now
>>
>Make board about nerdy, "cringe" interest
>All of the fun content people liked becomes "cringe" in the view of outsiders that flooded the board
>All of the original posters get old or stop coming because retards who don't play shitpost their threads constantly
>"Why are the only threads on this board boring and safe threads about broad appeal products?"
No clue.
>>
>>94213823
>board population less than half what it was in 2021
>normally fast threads now autosage after 7 days
Hope you enjoy your stay, tourist!
>>
>>94211543
They were forced to add those hurdles due to complete fucking niggers who also ruin the site. /vg/ recently added the anti-phone spam measures and it significantly increased thread quality by presenting a bare minimum barrier to entry for spamming threads with inane bullshit.
>>
File: keyforge147.png (268 KB, 300x420)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
Nobody ever wants to talk about Keyforge.
>>
>>94210907
It really is.
>>
>>94211580
Christ, this is it. It genuinely feels like it used to when some bullying faggot infiltrated a gaming club back in high school. People throwing their weight around trying to devalue the place because they're unwelcome in it.
>>
>>94211067
They don't get answered.
>>
>>94211004
There has never been a "perfectly fine thread".
>>
>>94214407
Every thread on /tg/ was a perfectly fine thread.
>>
>>94211084
>quests
>creative
thanks for the kek
>>
>>94211339
If you aren't discussing a specific traditional game, why are you posting on the board for discussing specific traditional games?
>>
>>94210727
We have redditors posting low quality threads with no game systems like
>>94179848
>>94209002
>>
>>94214451
Shut the fuck up - you're half the god-damned problem, with your meaningless whinging.
People can discuss traditional games without referencing some manufactured official 'gaem'.
Retard.
>>
>>94212012
He's right, of course.
>>
>>94214451
You don't need to specify a system to brainstorm which aspects make a good antagonist.
>>
>>94213368
What sort of agenda could there be for asking someone to clarify their thoughts?
>>
>>94214493
>literally any thread where the OP asks an opinion-based question
>first reply: "You first, content-harvester."
>>
>>94214472
No, they cannot. If you're not discussing a game, don't make a thread.
>>
>>94214477
Yes you do.
>>
>>94214505
So what's the problem? Just reply with your opinion about the topic of your thread.
>>
>>94214521
>So what's the problem?
The anon who meticulously scours the board for new threads so he can first post worst post in them.
>>
>>94214511
Have fun enforcing your 'no fun allowed' stupidity, no gaems.
>>
>>94210985
2016 happened. Though really the first deathknell was Project Chanology which led to Gamergate.
>>
>>94214555
I will.
>>
>>94214546
Engaging people in discussion is in fact good, and is the entire purpose of an internet forum.
>>
>>94214407
Sounds like a (You) problem.
>>
>>94211084
>Strike Witches Pokemon Maid Quest part 235 - In which we take Suckura to the beach and maybe see her in a bikini or her titties if we peep.
>creative

el oh fucking el
>>
>>94214594
This isn't a forum.
>>
>>94214620
It sounds like a board problem, in fact.
>>
>>94214649
It is.
>>
>>94214650
You not liking threads doesn't make them bad. Please find a hobby that's not staring at the catalog while pressing F5.
>>
>>94214451
I would rather have threads like that than having retards shitting up /tg/ crying about the woke boogeyman. Also you could try making threads about stuff you want to see in /tg/
>>
>>94214665
The threads are bad, of course.
>>
/GURPSgen/ has been having a bit of a renaissance, lately. But that's really the only thread on this board that I care about.
>>
>>94214725
That's part of the problem. Threads have become insular factions with the same circlejerking anons that might as well start namefagging and use avatars.
>>
>>94210942
A board dying from spam will never be fixed by adding more spam spam
A board ignored due to spam will never get more users by adding more spam
If you want a fast board you need humans to want to use it, and thats down to quality over quantity
>>
>>94214734
I don't quite think we have that problem, but I do see your point.
And the other threads around are pretty lame. Like another anon said, shitty, detached worldbuilding threads galore, d&d, 40k, and tons of generals.
But, as a guy who's pretty much just here for GURPS, what else is here for me? Not (usually) interested in d&d or warhammer talk. So generals make sense to a degree.
>>
>>94214763
Humans stop wanting to use the board when every thread gets swamped in bots that come in to repeat their recorded line.
>>
>>94211337
>Then don't post.
That IS the current consensus isnt it? Board traffic is dropping because every day another person makes that choice
>>
>>94214791
Well at least you read one part I guess.
>>
>>94214791
It's almost like outside actors are deliberately organizing in order to shitpost this place to death.
>>
>>94214773
You could talk about GURPS without a general, anon.
>>
>>94214546
>meticulously scours for new threads
You know you can sort the catalogue by newest, right?
>>
>>94214833
Black belt catalogwatchers are a plague.
>>
>>94214780
I dont see the issue. If you're making a 5e thread just say that so people who know the rules can give you a clear answer faster. Its just common sense really

>>94214808
>>94214816
Tg thread generator and seychelleposter made that obvious years ago. Nothing human is here, why would humans stay to post?
>>
>>94214842
What are you talking about?
>>
>>94214773
Why are you complaining about "detached worldbuilding" while also pretending you play GURPS? Do you even know what GURPS is?
>>
>>94214859
There's anons obsessed with organizing the catalog that try to police it.
>>
>>94214858
>Nothing human is here
Speak for yourself. Some stay here because not everyone is a chronically online shitposter yet.
>>
>>94214892
Forgive them, it's the only human interaction they know.
And be thankful they will never reproduce.
>>
>>94214842
Ban the catalogue, that'll fix everything!

>>94214892
Show me then? Link what threads you've started
>>
The /pol/ & phoneposter tsunami of the summer of '16 rendered the board unusable for a good while. /pol/ is mostly gone now, but the phoneposters remain, still being garbage.
>>
>>94214880
Where?
>>
>>94214928
They're in some archive I guess. I hope you're not trying to say that only those starting threads are responsible for board quality anyway.
>>
>>94214959
So you havent started any threads? Then what right do you have to complain about the board not containing the kind of content you like? Dont be such a lazy faggot
>>
>>94214686
>woke boogeyman
>boogeyman
>>
>>94214987
>So you havent started any threads?
Not recently, no. I thought it was clear.
>Then what right do you have to complain about the board not containing the kind of content you like?
I have no problem with the kind of threads being started, I have a problem with the attitude of some posting inside them. Those anons should well remember that if they don't like a thread they can stay out of it and not post instead of purposefully enter to fling shit and screech about how they don't want to engage.
>>
>>94215013
No, we will continue to rape you every time you make a bad thread.
>>
>>94215041
lol
>>
>>94215013
If you like the current threads go post in them? There is nothing i can possibly do that will stop you from posting in whatever thread you like
>>
>>94215058
What makes you think I don't? Good night anon.
>>
>>94215067
Well then whats the problem? You have threads you like and you post in them, so what are you complaining about faggot?
>>
>>94214819
Ok, but getting in detail with specific mechanics would likely derail a thread. But point taken, I guess.
>>94214868
Just because my preferred system is universal doesn't make detached worldbuilding threads good threads.
>>
>>94215045
Yep.
>>
>>94214686
I want to see less woke bullshit
>>
>>94214944
Do you have two functional brain cells?
>>
>>94215088
You know the woke bullshit is just astroturfed shitposting, right anon?
You know you can ignore the things you don't like, right anon?
>>
>>94215082
It doesn't make them bad threads either.

Yes, there are some bad faith actors just making deliberately shitty threads, but I've seen trolls going into any thread that doesn't specify a system and complaining about that.

There's nothing wrong with discussing general settings, in no small part because of games like GURPS. I personally primarily play homebrew games, so that means the "everything needs to be in a general" culture that people like you are trying to establish as extremely offensive.
>>
>>94210985
>>
>>94215102
Do you?
>>
>>94215115
If you're not discussing a specific game, don't post.
>>
>>94215127
>doesn't understand what just happened
>doesn't understand how the catalog works
lel
>>
>>94215141
So you don't have any brain cells, then.
>>
>>94215133
Anon, we just talked about bad faith actors. Don't you be one.
>>
>>94215149
Off topic posts are against the rules.
>>
>>94215110
Yes, people can ignore things they don't like. They can also discuss the things they don't like, and talk about why they don't like them. Often, people can enjoy discussing a product they dislike with like-minded people more than they enjoy using a product that they do like. This is nothing new. There are clay tablets from thousands of years ago where people are making fun of a play that they thought was bad. What are you trying to accomplish by asking people to stop talking about things they dislike? Do you expect us to believe that you have never criticized a product?
>>
lmao, is bumpfag shitting up the thread after being called out one too many times?
>>
>>94215115
Ignoring bumpfag false flagging, noone is against discussion threads. The objection is that theres no discussion in the threads because the threads are made ingenuinely and with bad intentions. A simple question about system or setting is an instant filter for which threads have a genuine purpose and which dont. The fact that its almost none of them just speaks to how poor the quality of the board and its moderation has become
>>
>>94215148
>lame coap
lel
gotta be over 12 to post in here, kid
>>
>>94210727
Making the board largely unusable and a chore to engage with is a demoralization tactic. The Feds have been at it since 2014, likely earlier, and it gets worse on election years.
>>
>p-please stop breaking the rules, the jannies will get mad at us
Fuck your rules, nigger. Cleanup on aisle 3, jannies!
>>
>>94215175
Sorry you don't have any brain cells.
>>
>>94215177
Nope, you will follow the rules.
>>
>>94215164
Shitposting doesn't stop shitposting.
The fact that this must be explained to you could mean that you, in fact, are the problem.
>>
>>94215167
I belive we need to send feedback about the /tg/ jannie daily or something. The situation is so dire, it is not even funny.
>>
Anyone else have a nasty shitlog brewing? I swear I'm gonna peel the paint off my bathroom walls when I drop this monster.
>>
>>94215176
this
>>94215179
oh, kid: you got me. You actually got me. Shucks.
>>
>>94215193
You lose, and you won't get the last word.
>>
>>94215184
Why would I want to prevent shitposting?
>>
>>94214996
Yes, nogames
>>94215088
Lets see less of retards like you.
>>
>>94215187
It is a definite problem. Just look at all the shitposters itt desperate for (You)s.
Thirsty virgins are a wonder to behold.
>>
>>94215167
>A simple question about system or setting is an instant filter for which threads have a genuine purpose and which dont.

You are not the one to judge that. You are not the one who decides, largely because you seem to be clearly wrong and have a weird vendetta against more generalized threads, and that's actually quite dangerous to /tg/.

If you don't like a thread, don't post in it. Make a thread about something you want to discuss instead. In the past, that was the solution, and this board ran at a right clip so that threads lived and died in as little as two hours.

>A simple question about system or setting is an instant filter for which threads have a genuine purpose and which dont.
This is both false and just a passive aggressive way for people to shitpost. For starters, a lot of topics are not specific to any single system, and getting viewpoints from different people who play different systems is a great way to encourage discussion.

If all you want /tg/ to be is a place for people to ask system-specific questions and get system-specific answers, they don't need discussions for that. Have you heard of a website called Google?
>>
>>94215202
But I just did, kid!
And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it!
Nothing whatsoever.
>>
>>94214686
Get fucked with your american death cult.
>>
>>94215224
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215176
Case in point
>>94210923
>>94210925
>>94211004
>>94211776
>>94214472
>why do you want actual on topic discussion?!
>you're killing the board by demanding people actually talk about games and systems!!
>you trolls ruin every thread you're in!
I've watched this shit explode in frequency over the last couple months and it's never been more baffling. No reason to even debate it. It's fucking wrong and it's stupid for anyone to be on the side of "in your setting" threads flooding the board.
>>
>>94215220
I am, in fact, the one who decides. Any post which is not about a specific traditional game is off topic for the traditional games board. It's not up for discussion.
>>
>>94215235
>wrong again
How does this happen?
>>
>>94215234
Go fuck men in butt back in /pol/ retard.
>>
>>94215242
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215220
> are you mad threads made with the effort drowning in spam? Make some more, lol.
>>
>>94215247
Mommy's gonna put you to bed real soon, son.
Then, when you are tucked in and snug....I win.
>>
>>94215246
You mean, a /pol/ boogyman? It is not real.
>>
>>94215246
>baffling grammar
>homosexuality fetish
Why are you leftist fucks like this?
>>
>>94215238
Joking aside, that some people think this way is a huge problem.
Even when talking about a specific system, people don't necessarily run them the exact way or with the exact same content, and even excluding homebrewed content and other modifications, two people playing the same exact system may very well be playing unique systems.

It's like the shitposters demanding system purity in discussions have no idea how RPGs even work.
>>
>>94215246
Aren't you the same retard that bitches about the mods being from /pol/ even though every anti-woke threads gets deleted in under 2 hours?
>>
>>94215237
you're doing the exact thing you're bitching about you mong. Just post shit you "actually like" and stop trying to cozy up to the jannies if it's such a fucking issue
>>94215238
Which specific traditional game was this post about? (Mine is about chutes and ladders)
>>
>>94215260
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215290
>NO U
Silence faggot.
>>
>>94215285
What makes you think I'm joking, retard? STOP MAKING OFF TOPIC THREADS.
>>
>>94215290
None, which is why this thread should be deleted.
>>
>>94215293
Your post is not about a traditional game. You have violated the rules of the board. I need backup here, this guy's a loose cannon. D&D btw
>>
>>94215285
>It's like the shitposters demanding system purity in discussions have no idea how RPGs even work.
Nogaems, exactly.
They are here to shitpost, derail, and demoralize. Ignore and laugh at.
>>
File: purge everything.png (247 KB, 427x467)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>94210727
>i only like 40k, as do most anons here
>i also like /wip/ because its 40k mostly, dont like the non-40k stuff
>used to like /3dpg/ but they stopped sharing 40k files, and all files all together last time i checked. have telegram now anyway
if they made a 40k board i would browse/post there instead, most anons would. i hope they do make one someday
then (You) could keep your empire of emptiness all to yourself, with all the other single digit amount of you anons posting about whatever terrible dying/dead thing you usually post about
>boardgames, roleplaying games, and card games are all woke shit nobody should waste their time/money with
>/tg/ is a 40k board and it always will be until the day 40k dies
fuck shitmar fucking /tg/ up with their faggotry i fucking hate them
>>
>>94215285
You don't play games, retarded spammer. Do you have any idea that this post sounds like a fucking Ai?
>>
>>94215281
Only you know why you are so retarded.
>>94215287
I have never seen those kind of posts
>>
>>94215285
If they wanted to talk about different approaches to using specific systems, people could debate and argue and discuss for days. They don't though. It's not a matter of people being shy or cautious about mentioning their personal methods for running and playing games. It's because they aren't playing shit. They aren't writing a campaign setting. They aren't farming for ideas. They aren't looking for good inspiration and feedback on the stories they're trying to cook up. It's just vacuuous yapping.
>>
>>94215291
I just can't stop winning!
>>
>>94215285
If you're not discussing a specific game, don't post.
>>
>>94215306
This is the first guy to actually answer the thread's question, and he knocked it out of the park. The rest of the posts have been trolls or retards, usually both. You guys like 20 sided dice or 21?
>>
>>94215278
I guess it could be /hm/. That pretty much the same thing as /pol/
>>
>>94215306
Actually, according to ever census conducted on this board, D&D was the most played/discussed game. 40k is isn't even the most popular game on this board, let alone the one most people here care about.
>>
>>94215302
It's amusing that you think you can try and turn this around on actual fa/tg/uys while all you have is more and more
>NO U
posting. If I weren't so certain you were simply retarded, I'd be convinced you were only doing this tiresome routine to try and torment /tg/ out of some misguided, pathetic, small dicked vendetta.
>>
>>94215313
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215321
This is true.
>>94215324
This is untrue.
>>
>>94215309
> I have never seen those kind of posts
Probably because they were deleted. JOKES ASIDE, we both know you are lying.
>>
>>94215330
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215322
Not gonna read a word of that one, pimp. Who here likes elves?
>>
>>94215335
You did that wrong.
>>
>>94215331
Nah, you are just dumb
>>
>>94215340
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215345
You are just protected by jannies.
>>
File: clickfarm.png (1.01 MB, 640x853)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>many anons correctly point out that there is a direct and overt effort to make the board a retarded shithole that sucks to browse and that faggots are doing it on purpose
>said faggots come out of the woodwork and start spamming low-effort preschool arguments to flood the thread and drown out the rest of the ever-present outrage genuine fa/tg/uys feel about the abysmal state of the board and it's moderation.
>>
>>94215362
You are wrong and a tard.
>>
>>94215345
>>94215350
samefag
>>
>>94211084
It always feels good seeing antiquestfags writhing in the pit they've made for themselves.
>>
>>94215312
>people could debate and argue and discuss for days.
No, they couldn't. That sounds like a chore, not a discussion.

If you told me I'd have to debate and argue with you, about any specific RPG system, for days or leave, I'd leave. The very idea sounds like torture, though that's largely because you sound like a pedantic little shit.

Luckily, I don't have to laborious force discussion about specific systems, like they do in the zombie generals that limp around this board, with people desperately pretending there's still life in them. If I have an idea that I want to include in one of the many games I'm currently either running or playing in, or perhaps in even several of those games, I don't need to say "ONLY PEOPLE WHO PLAY THIS HOMEBREW SYSTEM NEVER SHOWN ON THIS BOARD MAY ENTER THIS THREAD."

You're trying to police this board in the dumbest way. Quit it.
>>
>>94215366
All you have without it is samefagging and no-u-tier responses.
>>
>>94215363
Enough of that, can't have people start nooticing things.
>>
>>94215363
Pottery, and they can't see it. Delightful little things: they try so hard.
>>
>>94215368
Incorrect.
>>
Nobody here is talking about traditional games. Can someone please talk with me about traditional games? Ive gotta discuss some traditional games over here or I might just lose it.
>>
>>94211536
They were 100% kowtowing to anti-quest trolls. It shows in every moderation decision they've made since, and has dictated how discourse on this board goes.
Don't like it? bitch and moan as HARD AS POSSIBLE FOR A DECADE. Then It worked before!
>>
>>94215377
Are you really write those with the GPT? Do you realise it lack any kind of logic?
>>
>>94215386
Prove it.
>>
>>94215377
>NO U
Silence faggot.
>>
>>94215389
What system?
>>
>>94215368
That does not even make sense. Those are two different reply chains.
>>94215382
That was not a no u dumbass. That was you being called stupid.
>>
>>94215401
Nintendo 64?
>>
>>94214686
kys redditor
>>
>>94215377
If you aren't discussing a specific game, don't post.
>>
>>94215389
You ain't here for that.
>>94215391
Stop shouting, kid.
>>94215396
Speak English.
>>
>>94215408
No u tard fag.
>>
>>94215397
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215407
I remember Ogre Battle being pretty good.
>>
I could HEEM everyone in this thread.
>>
>>94215418
Never heard of it. What was your high score on Hot Rope Jump on Mario Party 2? Mine was in the high 70's.
>>
>>94215309
>I have never seen those kind of posts
So you are him AND bumpfag. Got it.
>>
>>94211842
He said, in the millionth thread complaining about why the board is dying, while OC is made at a tiny fraction of the rate it was pre quest removal.
>>
>>94215407
Who here played Quest 64? I was a fun but flawed game.
>>
>>94215413
Yeah... This >>94215363
>>
>>94210727
Reddit and Discord are unironically more on topic and productive places of discussion than/tg/ nowadays
>>
File: 1625455778575.jpg (348 KB, 1361x762)
348 KB
348 KB JPG
>>94215363
I remember when dragonfag was the only thing to worry about around here. Now dragonfag turned into bumpfag and is doing his usual shit but without dragons involved.
>>
>>94215442
/tg/ OC had disappeared long before Quests did.
>>
>>94215443
I had that when I was a kid, but I was like 4 and I couldn't really figure out how to play it. I think I button mashed through the first section via trial and error, then never touched it again.
>>
>>94215442
Quests are cancer.
>>
>>94215413
>AIfag can't read, is underaged, and is not here for /tg/
Fuck, why are you so low quality as a human?
>>
>>94215450
That's such an obvious lie it barely deserves a response.
>>
>>94215451
To be fair, we also had retards like VirtualOptim and NiceDaemonette and a few other forgettable "personalities" who would just shit up the board all day and night.
>>
>>94215460
>remove quests
>board is flooded with nazis
Your input is no longer required, retard.
>>
>>94215187

>>94215220
This may come as a suprise to you, but as the person choosing to post, i am in fact the only one who decides if a thread has any value. And as you say, if its not a good thread i simply choose not to post, and most other people do the same, and so the board is dying. If YOU like a thread, then YOU may post whatever you like in it. Create the value you want to see on the board, just as i do.

And if its such a great way to encourage discussion, why isnt there any? Get back to me when you can explain that without resorting to "muh anonymoose trollings"
>>
>>94215460
Turns out they were a vital organ that you're dying without.
All you can do is complain about it, making threads like these, but you can never complain people into coming back. That only makes them leave.
>>
>>94215468
Yeah. Like I said, removing quests was good and improved the board. Thanks for agreeing with me.
>>
>>94215474
I agree, this thread rules.
>>
>>94215475
Completely unvital that we're thriving without, you mean.
>>
>>94215476
Ah, another sabateur willing to accept infinite damage to the board as long as the damn OC creators leave.
>>
>>94215466
p sure ND still lurks around just without the title; if there's something lewd popping up you'll get some mega reply with some variant of
>YES!!
>some sentences in all caps
and there ya go, a wild fag sighting
>>
>>94215464
>butthurt
>ad hominem
That's a good argument, anon.
>>94215416
>still butthurt
Another good argument. And I got the last word, so I'm still winning.
>>
>>94215486
Nope, a flawless god who is selflessly improving the board for all.
>>
>>94215483
lol, pull the other one
>>
>>94215493
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215476
>le edge
Debate me on the merits of national socialism, coward. The only example of such a state lasted less than a decade.
>>
>>94215495
Glad you agree.
>>
>>94215494
>>94215493
It's funny how you people have just entirely detached from reality.
Wah, wah, the board is dying, whyyyy
>questfags left
NO THE BOARD IS DOING GREAT ACTUALLY
>>
>>94215498
Cope.
>>
>>94215499
Thanks, I knew I could get you to admit the board needed questfags.
You'll go back on this of course, but the short period of sanity was nice.
>>
>>94215500
No contradiction, of course.
>>
>>94215442
>>94215456
>>94215468
People who think the drawfags and writefags were driven off because of quests are gormless subhumans who don't realize that all of those creatives left /tg/ because being an active users around here was suicide for anyone who wanted to build a following and a good reputation on sites like Twitter and Tumblr which spiked in popularity around the time that 4chan and the other imageboards were being recast in the public eye as the neo-nazi/alt-right terrorist powderkeg that would destroy America.

Which is all very obvious if you were here and paying attention at any point over the last 15 or so years. Newfags don't know what kind of damage was done by The Fappening or just how bad /mlp/ and /lgbt/ permafucked this whole fucking site. Let alone shit like Hiromoot hiring almost nothing but discord trannies who frequently talk about how much they have always hated this site and how they want to kill it so all the oldfags go away.
>>
>>94215508
Nope, doesn't need them, and you agree it doesn't.
>>
>>94215511
>These guys who drew and write leaving didn't drive off people who draw and write!
???
>>
>>94215506
Don't tell me I'm coping. You are seething. You are cringe. I am based.
>>
>>94215513
Called it.
Thank you for admitting that quests were required, I'm sorry you lost your ability to read shortly after.
>>
>>94215532
Thanks for admitting they weren't, sorry you can't read.
>>
>>94215532
If I lost my ability to read, I wouldn't be able to respond to you. Fucking retard.
>>
>>94215522
Yeah, it didn't. What are you confused about?
>>
>>94215522
The vast majority of them didn't draw by the end. Drawquests were good because there was an actual barrier to entry, once that "requirement" went away they devolved into isekai-grade slop.
>>
>>94215522
Try to write in English next time.
>>
>>94215525
>nazi seething
I guess this is the only reason to come to the site any more. No games here. Just watching someone pretending to be a nazi pretend to be angry.
>>
>>94215539
>>94215542
>>94215543
>>94215544
>>94215545
>seething this hard
holy shit, I've not seen a troll assblasted so quickly in weeks.
>>
>>94215546
Which game would you like to discuss? I'll discuss any game provided you will denounce Adolf Hitler and the ideology he stood for.
>>
>>94215522
You didn't read the post at all, did you? Creatives left 4chan, as a whole, because 4chan, as a whole, was a radioactive shitpit filled with feds, redditors, and retarded newfags like (You). Why would they stay here when they could get far more attention on twitter, which is verifiably what nearly every single one of them did.
>>
Why are
>what's wrong with /tg/
the most active threads ever, this always happens
>>
>>94215554
>>94215555
You lost your chance, that guy left.
I'm here to laugh at you seething.
>>
>>94215474
You're not really making any sense.
>without resorting to "muh anonymoose trollings"
Ah, but that's the heart of the issue, and you're trying to pretend it isn't.

The reason the board is dying is not just because people are choosing to ignore threads, it's because of trolls shitposting with impunity, under the misguided notion that they are free to harass any thread they dislike that isn't a general.

The "WHAT SYSTEM?" trolling is just one choice among several, but it's the easiest to spam because most non-general threads won't specify a system, because otherwise they would just be posting in that systems general. If it's someone making a D&D thread that isn't specific to 5e, it's some variation of "STOP PLAYING D&D."

Funnily enough, if the topic doesn't specify a system but does align with the trolls personal views, he somehow forgets to spam "WHAT SYSTEM?". But, of course, there's going to be some other troll who decides that he personally dislikes that topic, so it's open season for shitspamming.

Whatever form of trolling you personally think is justified, that's the same kind of nonsense logic that the other trolls are using to discourage the threads they personally don't like. Rather than encouraging discussion, we just have roving trolls deciding "It is I who determines what belongs on this board, and I will shitpost at anything I disagree with," without really appreciating how much diversity there is in their negativity.

When shitposting like this happens, it doesn't make it so that only good threads remain. Thanks to how subjective that question really is, it just leaves us with no threads. No threads, except for insular generals, slowly dying.
>>
>>94215550
What are you confused about?
>>
>>94215496
>same response
>in less than 43 seconds
kek
I want moar. Now!
>>
>>94215554
Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>94215565
>>94215568
>P-please respond
lol, seethe harder.
>>
>>94215550
The first word of your sentence should be capitalized, nigger. Who needs to learn English now?
>>
>>94215564
If you aren't discussing a specific game, don't post.
>>
>>94215566
Incorrect.
>>
>>94215550
>projection
Oh dear...
>>94215559
It would seem there is something wrong.
>>
>>94215564
>Trolls
Look in the mirror.
>>
>>94215570
>seething so hard he's trying to engage again
lol, get fucked.
>>
>>94215568
Then why do I still see so many Steins and Witzes on television?
>>
>>94215564
crabs in the bucket
>>
>>94215577
>Projecting projection
ah, delicious seethe. Next time, maybe you'll know how to read.
>>
>>94215583
He was interrupted
>>
>>94215377
Its a chore to discuss games on the games board?

>>94215564
What you're describing is an overmoderated hellhole where anyone who points out you're spamming or content farming gets banned to preserve the farm
>b-but they're trying to break my toys!
The board isnt yours to exploit. Its everyone's, and the harder you try to make it yours the more people choose to walk away
>>
>>94215585
>projecting projection projection
sad, really.
>>
>>94215578
Trolls can see themselves in the mirror. Vampires cannot.
>>
>>94215585
>thinks everyone who posts is le same guy
Oh dear....
>>
>>94215591
>>94215595
>Please stop pointing out how angry I am it makes me sad
Hilarious.
>>
>>94215595
I can see your IP, retard.
>>
>>94215589
It's a chore to discuss games with pedantic little shits.
>>
>>94215596
>still projecting
>>
>>94215589
>The board isnt yours to exploit. Its everyone's, and the harder you try to make it yours the more people choose to walk away
THIS 100,000,000 times.
>>
>>94215603
>still seething
lol, troll got trolled
>>
>>94215602
>it's your fault I don't talk about games
sure buddy
>>
>>94215598
>lies blatantly
kek
Go fuck your mother again, Chris.
>>
>>94215612
>B-but how could anyone lie?!?
lol
>>
>>94215576
daww, you waited an extra 30 seconds that time.
You really got me now!
>>
>>94215605
Sounds like the end result is that the board is, in fact, mine. All I have to do is try to make it mine, and everyone who doesn't want it to be mine will leave.
>>
>>94210727
There are multiple discords dedicated to destroying this board. They have guides for how to do it. And they've succeeded with flying colors.
>>
>>94215625
Don't forget how /pol/ is dedicated to sinking the whole site.
They also have guides to do it, and have succeeded wildly.
>>
>>94215615
>non sequitur
D'oh!
>>94215621
>retard
kek
>>94215625
This.
>>
>>94215589
What I'm talking about is really just a change in understanding, and not letting you trolls imagine that anyone actually thinks you're doing good for this board by selectively shitspamming while acting under the pretension that you're preserving this board's purity.

Trolling has always been against this boards rules. It's even against this websites rules; it's only supposed to be permitted in /b/.

The key issue is that our trolls, like yourself, imagine that they deserve the benefit of the doubt extended to them, but not extended towards people doing things like making threads for discussions, and solely because they don't like the topics of those threads.
>>
>>94215630
Fuck off discord tranny
>>
>>94215631
>can't read
lol
>>
>>94215115
>so that means the "everything needs to be in a general" culture that people like you are trying to establish as extremely offensive
I think you might think I'm someone else. Just because I like my one general and said that some detached worldbuilding threads are lousy doesn't mean I think every thread should be a general and every worldbuilding thread is bad.
>>
>>94215633
>The key issue is that our trolls, like yourself, imagine that they deserve the benefit of the doubt extended to them, but not extended towards people doing things like making threads for discussions, and solely because they don't like the topics of those threads.
But they can't create, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of their suffering.
>>
>>94215634
NOU
>>
>>94215636
kek
You lost that one, kid - fuck off now.
>>
>>94215646
>still can't read
lol, seething.
>>
>>94215638
Detached worldbuilding threads can be lousy. They can also not be. Trying to paint them all with the same brush is just giving trolls the excuse to go into any thread that doesn't specify a system and begin shitspamming in it.
>>
>>94215633
Talking about games is not and will never be trolling no matter how asspained it makes you.
>>
>>94215647
And now with the projection?
Really, just eat a snickers and be happy.
>>
>>94215110
>You know the woke bullshit is just astroturfed shitposting, right anon?
The woke bullshit is in the products, retard. The fact that you idiots are still peddling the line that the trouble isn't with your shitty ideology being inserted in everything, but rather people complaining about it, is pretty funny. As if it all just goes away and stops existing if we keep our displeasure quiet.
>>
>>94215656
>STILL can't read
lol, seethe harder
>>
File: s4.png (221 KB, 526x676)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>But they can't create, and they want to feel good about want to feel goodwant to feel goodthemselves! Think of their suffering.But th creBut they can't create, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of their suffering.ate, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of ey can't create, and they want to feel good abo create, and they want to feel good about themslves! Think of ey can't create, and they want to feel gooelves! Think of ut themselves! Think of their suffering.But they can't create, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of their suffering.But tBut they can't create, and they want to feel good about themswant to feel goodelves! Think of their suffering.hey can't create, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of their suffering.
>>
>>94215661
Dilate ywnbaw
>>
>>94215657
not that guy, but it literally goes away the moment I leave /tg/, yes.
It's incredibly easy to remove yourself from the political news cycle, especially if your favorite tabletop is anything other than D&D and you go outside occasionally.
>>
>>94215657
>if I bitch REALLY LOUD all my dreams will come true
kek
Grow a brain, get a life, find a friend, kiss a girl.
Pick one, for God's sake, and stop with the wishful thinking.
>>
>>94215653
Spamming irrelevant catchphrases is trolling though. Same with crying about people discussing games, but not in the hyper-autistic and specific manner that you personally decree, and only are decreeing as a way to enable to harass and shitpost.
>>
>>94215605
Getting people to walk away is the point. They are engaged in an open attempt to make this site as unusable as possible by adding friction and noise to all interactions. Flooding the site with low effort threads and then arguing with you for days because you noticed it is all part of the playbook.
>>
File: soy.png (222 KB, 600x598)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
>The woke bulAnd now with the projection?
Really, just eBut they can't create, and they want to feelDilate ywnbaw good about want to feel goodwant to feel goodthemselves! Think of their suffering.But th creBut they can't create, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of their suffering.ate, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of ey can't create, and they want to feel good abo create, and they want to feel good about themslves! Think of ey can't create, and they want to feel gooelves! Think of ut themselves! Think of their suffering.But they can't create, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of their suffering.But tBut they can't create, and they want to feel Dilate ywnbawgood about themswant to feel goodelves! Think of their suffering.hey caDilate ywnbawn't create, and they want to feel good about themselves! Think of their suffering.at a sniAnd now with the projection?Detached worldbuilding threads can be lousy. They can also not be.Detached worldbuilding threads can be lousy. They can also not be.
Really, just eat a snickers and be happy.ckers and be hapDetached worldbuilding threads can be lousy. They can also not be.py.lshit is in the products, retard. The woke bullshit is in the products, retard. The woke bullsAnd now with the projection?
Really, just eat a snickers and be happy.hit is in the products, retard. The woke bullshit is in the products, retard. The woke bullshit is in the products, retarDetached worldbuilding threads can be lousy. They can also not be.d.
>>
>>94215633
Thats all just a massive cope trying to define anyone who disagrees with you as a troll because you cant handle basic criticism. The board is traditional games. We dont want to post in threads that arent about games, so we filter threads that arent about games. Get over it
>>
>>94215659
>locked in a recursive loop
Again?
But you gave up your last attempt at this. Maybe come up with an entirely new line of trolling: this one isn't working out for you.
>>
>>94215674
>>94215673
>>94215661
>Seething THIS hard
The troll has broken down nearly entirely.
>>
File: lylundies.jpg (137 KB, 879x735)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>94215669
>kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl. kiss a girl.
Spamming irrelevant catchphrases is trolling though
>>
>>94215678
>Please stop pointing out I can't read
lol, seethe harder
>>
>>94210727
Back in 2021 I would post images like this and they would become some of the most popular threads on this site. People wanted to talk about the lefty bullshit happening in ttrpgs. Unfortunately it seems talking about ttrpgs isn't allowed unless we all accept the woke rhetoric.
>>
>>94215694
If all you want to do is talk about the politics of a game, that literally goes on /pol/.
You were deleted rightly.
>>
File: s7.png (290 KB, 526x520)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>94215683
>>94215641
NOU
>>94215656
>>94215661
>Trolling has alI think you might think I'm someone else. Just because I like my one general an like my one general and said that some detached worldbuilding threads are lousy doesn't mean I think every thread should be a general and every worldbuilding thread is bad.cI think you might think I'm someone else. Just because I like my one general and said that some detached worldbuilding threads are lousy doesn't mean I think every thread should be a general and every worldbuilding thread is bad.hed worldbuilding threads are lousy doesn't mean I think every thread should be a general and every worldbuilding thread is bad.ites rules; it's only supposed to be permitted in /b/.The key issue iTalking about games is not and will never be trolling no matter how asspained it makes you.s that our trolls, like yourself, imagine thlol,Talking about games is not and will never be trolling no matter how asspained it makes you. seethe harderat they deserve the benefit of the doubt extended to thelol, seethe harderm, but not extended towards people doing things like making threads for discussions, and solely because they don't like the topics of those threads.The key issue is that our trolls, like yourself, imagine that they deserve the benefit of the doubt extended to them, butlol, seethe harder not extended towards people doing things like making threads fTalking about games is not and will nTalking about games is not and will never be trolling no matter how asspained it makes you.ever be trolling no matter how asspained it makes you.or discussions, and solely because they don't like the topics of those threads.Trolling has always been against this boards rules. It's even against this websites rules; it's only supposed to be permitted in /b/.Trolling has always been against this boards rules. It's even against this websites rules; it's only supposed to be permitted in /b/.
kek
You lost that one, kid - fuck off now.
>>
>>94215701
>nou has set this "woman" off so greatly
I'm sorry your /pol/ guides didn't prepare you for this, maybe you can check your discords?
>>
File: s1.png (103 KB, 536x574)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>94215694
>Back in 2021 I would post images like this and they would become so>locked in a recursive loopme of the most popular threads onSpamming irrelevant catchphrases is trolling though this site. People wanted to talk about the lefty bullshit happening in ttrpgs. Unfortunately it seems talking about ttrpgs isn't allowed unless we all accept the woke rhetoric.Back in 2021 I would post images like this and they would become some of the most popular threads on>locked in a recursive loop this site. People wanted to talk about the lefty bullshit happening in ttrpgs. Unfortunately it seeSpamming irrelevant catchphrases is trolling thoughms talking about ttrpgs isn't allowed unless we>locked in a recursive loop all accept the woke rhetoric.Back in 2021 I would post images like this and they would become some of the most popular threads on this site. People wanted to talk about the lefty bullshit happening in ttrpgs. Unfortunately it seems talking about ttrpgs isn't allowed unless we all accept thGetting people to walk away is the point. They are engaged in an open attempt to make this site as unusable as possible by adding friction and noise to all interactions. Flooding the site with low effort threads and then arguing with you for days because you noticed it is all part of the playbook.e woke rhetoric.Back in 202Spamming irre>locked in a recursive looplevant catcming irrelevant catchphrases is trolling thoughening in ttrpgs. UnfortunatelyG this site as unusable as possible by adding friction and noise to all interactions. Flooding the site with low effort threads and then arguing with you for days because you noticed it is all part of the playbook. it seeGetting people to walk away is the point. They are engaged in an open attempt to make this site as unusable as possible by adding friction and noise to all interactions. Flooding the site with low effort threads andbout ttrpgs isn't allowed unless we all accept the woke rhetoric.
>>
>>94215673
>Flooding the site with low effort threads
Except that's not what's happening. The very opposite, actually.

We're flooded by High-Effort OP generals. Very high effort in the OP, but then the generals are just bumped for days and now weeks with very little actual discussion.

Back in the day, the glory days of /tg/, people made threads constantly. Quick threads. Joke threads. Threads about a single idea. Threads did not have to all start with four paragraphs, some started with only a single word.

The problem we have now, and what you are helping to contribute to, is the stupid idea that "High effort=Good", when all that does is make this place slow and tedious. And, when someone wants to make a quick thread these days, they are hounded by trolls who demand high effort, which really does nothing but make this a place filled with trolls willing to put in that high effort and no one else.

This is an image board. It's not Reddit.
>>
>>94215701
kek
btfo'd
Gotta love it!
So many of my own words screamed back at me by the buttflustered loser.
Moar, kid, moar!
>>
File: dmc dance.gif (818 KB, 280x158)
818 KB
818 KB GIF
>>94215673
The more you point it out, the more they try to spam the thread. I guarantee they're spamming reports too, desperately trying to get the thread to either autosage or get deleted. They need as much noise as possible to drown out the sincere discussion, because spam and copy-pasta and circular arguments turn the discussion to shit and shit gets us nowhere.
>>
>>94215720
Ah yes, "They" are trying to spam the board.
When the spam started immediately after I called you a /pol/tranny.
>>
>>94215716
Bullshit. Fuck off and touch brass.
>>
>>94215673
Yes sir, you got it.
It's been delightful slaying trolls with you, sir.
>>
>>94215732
I'm not buying it, spammer.
>>
>>94215722
kek
gotcha!
Coap harder my son.
>>
I see the discord fags are flooding this thread now. They know if we talk about it more their lies and bullshit might be exposed.
>>
>>94215741
Ah, the spam clears up when you need to make a point.
I'm sure that's a coincidence.
>>
>>94215671
>Spamming irrelevant catchphrases
Nobody does that.
>Same with crying about people discussing games, but not in the hyper-autistic and specific manner that you personally decree, and only are decreeing as a way to enable to harass and shitpost.
Nobody does that either. I don't know what planet you're living on.
>>
Sorry the spam stopped, guys. Mom came home with McDonald's. I'm not supposed to be on 4chan though so I probably won't be able to talk about traditional games with you guys anymore.

Sent from my iPhone
>>
File: magiciansguild.png (421 KB, 500x356)
421 KB
421 KB PNG
>>94215725
This thread has become a monument to the exact kind of faggotry that is actively killing the board. No other topic gets this kind of spastic spamming reaction. The moment you call out the low effort, nogames spam that is choking this place to death, they come running with post after post of nonsensical faggotry.
>>
>>94215576
Dude!
Come back!
You've let me win by getting the last word!
I need you nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
>>
>>94215748
People have been calling that out all thread, the spamming only started when I NOU'd you.
>>
>>94215761
You can't even keep your gimmick straight, let alone identify who you have or haven't posted some spammy retarded bullshit at.
>>
>>94215761
You're beaten. Go find more friends to back you up, and come back for another helping of ass-kick.
See ya!
>>
>>94215765
Fuck, you still can't read.
Well, there goes any chance of conversation.
>>94215767
NOU
>>
>>94215728
Aside from having been there, I actually recently went back and looked at old /tg/ archives. That's largely what made me realize what the modern issue is.

Back then, we had a sense of irrelevance and impermanence, and that came in part because if you weren't on the first few pages, your thread was basically dead. Aside from the original bump limit being less than half of what it is now and the absence of the catalog, there was a much greater sense of freedom and the desire to experiment.

Now? If it's not a general, it's harassed. Anything new or different or even just short is attacked. It's one of the reasons why 40k threads are still made at a pretty decent clip, because the 40k crew feel entirely justified in making short threads as long as they slap 40k somewhere on them. The rest of the board should be encouraged to experience that same level of freedom, without needing to justify themselves to the "WHY ARE YOU NOT POSTING IN A GENERAL?!" trolls who are trying to kill this board.
>>
>>94215770
This has been the standard ever since bitching got the mods to agree to remove porn and quests.
>>
>>94215768
kek
And now you've completely lost the plot!
Get some sleep.
>>
>>94215716
>"what about people who like the taste of shit in their wine?" Asked anon, as he poured shit in everyone's wine
>>
>>94215780
Projection.
>>
>If I keep replying then I win
The only way to beat trolls is to stop replying to them.
>>
>>94215657
It sounds more like retardation is in your head.
>>
>>94215789
ah, but what happens when there are two trolls?
>>
>>94215741
I think they've accidentally started replying to each other, but it doesn't even matter because they already got what they wanted. Thread hit its bump limit and most people threw up their hands and got tired of watching these faggots go back and forth with their "get in the last word" shtick.

>>94215770
>harassed
You're not even half as convincing as you think you are. People want to talk about /tg/ material on /tg/. The shit being bitched about in this thread is not /tg/ material and no amount of bad faith pissing and shitting is going to convince people that "in your setting" threads shouldn't be banned on sight for being off-topic spam from retarded cunts who don't even care about TTRPGs.
>>
>>94215785
Dude, you just mixed up the people you were trying to troll.
Get some rest.
>>
>>94215781
You're not the one who decides what is or isn't shit. You're only the one who gets to decide to hide/ignore threads, and to make your own.

The analogy is more
>what about people who like white wine?" Asked anon, as he poured a glass for himself
>"NO!" screamed the troll, "ONLY RED FOR THIS BOARD, ALL WHITE IS SHIT."
>>
>>94215794
It's funny how you turn the spam on and off as you desire.
And I agree with the other guy, the idea that you can bitch hard enough to remove anything from /tg/ is the source of nearly all our problems.
>>
>>94215794
Fuck off, nofunallowed troll - you're too new to be taken seriously.
>>
>>94215795
More projection.
>>
Ever wonder why I went for JTRPGs?

prolly because damned well everythin' else was uninterestin / up it's own rear to sniff the raw methane. (thus, I avoid 5e, pf2e, mork borg, lancer, and most PbtA games like the plague)

But yeah, I kinda wish we could go back to the good ol'e days where it was less about how modern /pol/ talk is infesting our games and more about answering the important questions, such as how to make a computer made out of skeletons or how many spiders can fit in a drow's vagina or something.

Then again, I dunno what counts as "Good ol'e days" now a days.
>>
>>94215794
>The shit being bitched about in this thread is not /tg/ material

Wrong.
You imagine when you shitpost, you're doing it "right". That your tastes are correct. And, they even might be, hypothetically speaking in a universe with correct tastes.

But, other trolls, following the same logic but with different tastes, harass and shitpost in other threads that are /tg/ material, but material they personally just dislike. And the result? A board filled with shitposting trolls, all who imagine THEY are the ones who are correct, when in reality none of them are.
>>
>>94215802
You are correct, sir. The guy you're responding to is part of the problem.
>>94215806
kek
I told you to try a new tactic: this one isn't working out for you.
>>
File: 1373336098697.jpg (372 KB, 854x859)
372 KB
372 KB JPG
The best thing about /tg/ being a dying board is that quality threads like this one can last for up to 24 hours after hitting the bump limit! Isn't this great?
>>
>>94215820
Those are both me faget, stop projecting.
>>
>>94215817
No, you don't understand: he's right, and everyone else is wrong. Even this post is wrong.
duh
>>
I get the last word.
>>
>>94215797
Sir this is the red wine board
>>
>>94215802
Tiresome. The only thing being demanded here is that the jannies do their fucking job.

>>94215817
>when I do whatever I want, it's right
>when you demand a modicum of quality control, you're just a harassing troll!
If you aren't willing to discuss and actual game or even the thinnest pretense of doing something that will, in time, lead to something being part of a game that may happen later, you are on the wrong fucking board.
>>
>>94215826
>lies
kek
You suck at this. Try moar harder.
>>
>>94215797
Wrong. You will in fact find that I am the one who decides what is good - not only on /tg/, but everywhere, for all time.
>>
File: hq720.jpg (39 KB, 686x386)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>94215834
>>
>>94215836
>i'm right!!!
>you're wrong!!1!
Tiresome, indeed.
Bitch harder, I guess? Clearly, you haven't been bitching enough so far.....
>>
>>94215836
No one can agree what their job is retard, that's the whole point.
They just know they can bitch harder to remove thing they don't like.
>>94215839
>seething
>projecting
lol
>>
>>94215851
Off-topic shit gets deleted. That's always been a rule.
>>
>>94215850
Discuss traditional games or leave. Final warning.
>>
>>94215855
A. no it doesn't
B. nobody agrees what that is
C. you're a faggot
>>
>>94215851
>still BTFO'd
kek
>>
>>94215870
>seething
>projecting
lol
>>
File: XGT01_000_F #697964.png (630 KB, 490x690)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
Kinda wish this game had an offline client other then printing out the cards... ...but then again, Netrunner also does the whole print-out thing... ...now if only I could find higher quality images of the Forces...
>>
>>94215861
A. Happens literally every day.
B. The people who disagree are wrong and should also be banned for supporting the degradation of the site.
C. You wish, cocksucker.
>>
>>94215856
no u
>>
>>94215875
>It happens every day!
AI thread's still up.
>The people who disagree should be banned
Then we're both getting banned retard, nobody agrees
>you wish
faggot.
>>
>>94215875
Why is this thread still up? >>94165868
>>
>>94215873
>22 second response time
Ooooh, I can feel your anger, kid.
It tastes like cinnamon.
>>
>>94215889
>projecting
>seething
>illiterate
lol
>>
>>94215836
>the thinnest pretense
People are already giving exactly that. The threads would be deleted otherwise. Giving the "thinnest pretense" is what people, including the people you and even I disagree with, have been doing.

You're making the mistake of imagining that the walls this board needs is the ridiculously stupid demand that a specific game must be mentioned.

All that does is cut the board up and lower the amount of people who can participate in a particular thread. Worse still, it's nonsense that doesn't actually determine any sort of quality. A thread that specifies a system can be a hundred times worse than a thread that doesn't, and yet you're hoping to construct the illusion that the real "thinnest pretense" needed to make a thread is a specified game.

It's so stupid.
>>
>>94215880
>AI thread's still up.
AI thread is unironically more on topic than any "in your setting" thread.
>then we're both getting banned retard
Only fair.
>faggot
Stop flirting already. It's cringe.

>>94215884
TES has unfortunately grandfathered itself in due to over a decade of lore discussion threads. I don't think it should be here either, but it's hardly as much of a problem as the low-effort spam of vague nogames questions.
>>
>>94215897
>The AI thread is on topic!
No it's fucking not. It's literal botposting. You know this. I don't know why you would lie.
>>
>>94215884
Just to spite your pathetic whining ass.
That's literally the only reason.
>>94215894
You weren't as fast that time, angry anon.
Do better.
>>
>>94215896
>People are already giving exactly that.
They fucking aren't and it's retarded that you think they are. I literally don't care about any of the other concern trolling bullshit you keep trotting out. The spam threads gotta go, preferably taking you with them.
>>
>>94215897
It is exactly as much of a problem. It's off topic. All off topic threads are equally rule breaking.
>>
>>94215907
>seething at passerby
lol
>>
>>94215896
No, any thread that is discussing a specific game is better than any thread that isn't.
>>
>>94215847
So your thread has a specified game system in it?
>>
>>94215913
You just can't win, can you?
>>
>>94215914
That's retarded, you can easily make fucking terrible threads specifying a game.
Heck, you could make a bot to do this 800 times per minute.
>>
>>94215914
>>94215915

No.

>>94215925

He knows. That's why he's shitposting itt.
>>
>>94215923
>seething and projecting at fate
Woah
>>
>>94215915
Sir, this isn't /stg/. The Specific Traditional Game board is over there, in the Autistic section.
>>
>>94215932
>if I keep using the same response I win
Keep winning!
>>
>>94215955
>seething
>begging for engagement
l
>>
>>94215909
The "thinnest pretense" is meaningless and worthless. Right now, it's "has to be related to anything even remotely related to traditional games", but you're making the mistake of imagining that it should be "must be related to a specific traditional game" as if that's a much higher hurdle.

Any troll can slap "40k" on their thread to hit that "thinnest pretense" marker, and in the past we had literal floods of "How would [Something off-topic I want to talk about] fare in 40k?" threads.

Making "specific game must be mentioned" as the mark of what makes a thread good or not (or /tg/ or not) is so fucking stupid I'm amazed that our trolls have actually even attempted to push that idea. It's really just an easy way to harass threads that are outside of generals.
>>
>>94215980
>harass
There's that word again. You can't help yourself.
>>
>>94212211
>The board functionally started as a 40k board
source: your ass
>>
>>94215963
>so mad he's reduced to non-responses
It's hard being this amazingly awesome at what I do, but you make it easy.
>>
>>94215999
>this new
Oh, stop showing off how ignorant you are. This is getting pathetic. I'm concerned for you.
>>
>>94215986
Why are you so upset about the word harass, anon?
>>94216001
>seething
>begging for engagement
L
>>
>>94215986
I mean, yeah. Spamming canned responses is a form of harassment. People wouldn't spam canned responses if it wasn't.

We even have people admitting they're trying to discourage people from making certain kinds of threads or not meeting certain kind of criteria, with a lot of there critieria being fairly dubious.

What would you prefer to call it? Antagonizing?
>>
I remember posting about how to convert bg3 weapon mechanics to 5e outside the general and that thread got deleted. I was warned it was off topic. This place is a fucking joke.
>>
>>94216022
That's hilarious.
The power of bitching can do wild things.
>>
I have always been able to handle any loneliness or social embarrassment I run into solely due to the knowledge that I am, in the end of the day a good person, and trustworthy
I never betray people, or lie, or do anything to unnecessarily harm them
An internet spammer must not have a very good life, what with their day consisting of typing the same uninspired phases to the same displeased audience day after day, but they must not have a particularly bad life, given that they have that sort of free time
What I want to know is how they can live with the knowledge that people were right
How do they feel when they see their empty social schedule and lack of community with the knowledge that anyone inviting them to anything would be a painful mistake
How can a person live with the knowledge that they only have the bleak, empty life they have through an over estimation of their value?
>>
>>94216008
>still no source posted
>>
>>94215931
No.
>>
>>94216009
easy peasy!
>>94216055
>>94216062
Why are you samefagging?
>>
>>94216093
No seriously, what do you have against the word harass?
>>
>>94216009
>>94216019
>>94216099

Why are you samefagging?
>>
>>94216103
two of those are me, quite obviously so. The third is some other guy.
>>
>>94215884
Because you touch yourself at night.
>>
>>94216110
>still lying
>>
>>94216148
No? I'm not sure how you could even make this mistake, really.
Is it because I was asking you why you were so up-tight about the word "harass"? Because I'm legit curious.
>>
>>94216093
asking for a source isn't samefagging. take your meds.
>>
>>94216019
Your gay posts are harassing me right now. Kill yourself to make up for the antagonization I've suffered from having to read your awful posts and retarded opinions.
>>
This thread proves that any single "what game?" is a massive giant faggot and should be bullied and expelled from all threads.
>>
>>94210727
Because everyone just posts "hytnpdnd" and similar shit in every fucking thread. No one wants to engage with crabby retards who run around trying to ruin everything so people stopped posting/left entirely. Any system agnostic thread is drowned out by faggots going "what game hurrrr," and all threads are filled with worthless newfags with no knowledge of board history or culture whose opinion is "popular thing is bad" and they won't ever shut the fuck up about it.
It's all just so tiresome.
>>
>>94216165
Try to keep up with the conversation, stop being new.
>>
>>94216220
I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, nogames making nothing threads are terrible, on the other hand, bitching about things you don't like until it goes away killed this board.
>>
>>94216159

>babbling nonsensically
>>
File: BasicD&DBECMI.jpg (161 KB, 800x1000)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>94216227
not actually familiar with the "hytnpdnd" Acconym.

If I were to play something remotely related to that, It'ld be one of the old fashioned versions.
Partially inspired by a certain JTRPG and it's origins.
>>
>>94216231
Every single faggot advocating for MORE restrictions on posters should be scalped alive. Total, and complete, generalfaggot DEATH.
>t. SettingCHAD
>>
>>94216247
"Have you tried not playing DnD." Retards like to spam it any thread even remotely connected to DnD.
>>
>>94216247
>trying to engage with new poster
>says doesn't know what 'hytnpdnd' means
>posts DnD pic
kek
>>94216227
He's trying to troll you into responding, bro. Don't feed his thirsty ass.
>>
>>94216238
No? The point was pretty clear and straightforward.
Would you like me to repeat it?
>>
>>94216266
well, to me, it's more of a "hytnp5e" then the later.
>>
>>94216253
but removing generals in fact is adding more restrictions.
>>94216266
I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I don't like the bitching to remove a thing, on the other hand, D&D fags -really- need to try anything other than D&D.
>>
>>94216277
>more babbling shitposting
>>
>>94216297
Okay, so I guess you would like me to repeat it.
You see, I'm curious why you have such a strong response to the word "harass".
Or at least, I'm curious why that guy had such a strong response to the word harass, I assume you two are the same person.
If you're not the same person, then I have to ask what you think you're arguing.
>>
>>94216283
If every single generalfaggot doesn't want peace, we won't give it to them. We will go to every one of their houses and do horrible things to them and their families, especially their mother and sisters. Not before destroying every single general in a brutal death.

Generalniggers are not people.
>>
>>94216304
yeah, see, this is just sounding like more bitching and restrictions on posting.
>>
File: SWRPGcoverJ.png (515 KB, 451x630)
515 KB
515 KB PNG
>>94216266
>>94216270
Then again, I don't regularly browse the D&D or 5e threads, so that acronym doesn't exactly spring up that often in my eye.

as mentioned before, my only interest in BECMI partially relates to a game that spawned off of it, which I was introduced to the current version of that game, which was first shown to me by a certain notepad headed fella on a video site.
>>
>>94216299
>word salad
Your teachers and parents have done well.
>>
>>94216270
This will be my last post then.
>>94216281
>>94216283
You are the fucking problem. To make it real fucking simple:
/tg/ used to be a board were people talked about games they liked.
/tg/ is now a board where screeching faggots come to yell at people for liking the wrong things.
This kills the board.
>>
>>94216317
No, it was a pretty simple and straightforward post.
When in the post did you start losing track, maybe I can help you.
>>
>>94216308
They can't create, they can only destroy.
>>
>>94216325
That's not really relevant.
>>
>>94216322
Ok, go for it.
>>
>>94216318
Yeah, I can agree this kills the board.
But there are many terribly shit things on the board, and the only way to get the mods to remove them is incredible bitching.
I don't know of any other way. I'm not ticked off enough about any of the issues stated to actually go do it myself, but I can see why people might.
>>
>>94216335
All right, when did you get lost in the post?
Walk me through it here, we'll go step by step.
>>
>>94216344
You first.
>>
>>94216348
I can't tell you where you got lost in the post, I'm afraid. That's knowledge only you have.
>>
>>94216318
Well, I can say part of that was me watching maybe a good dozen or so vids about how 5e is both absurdly popular and downright terrible in some aspects. I wouldn't actually go to a 5e thread and say that in actuality. Hells, I wouldn't even look at a 5e thread at all unless it's SOMETHING interesting.
Though, the closest thing I may have personal interest that's 5e related is that one D&D movie that came out recently (actually kinda fun), and BG3 (which I may eventually grab).

But yeah, I'm not exactly a threat to most D&D / 5e stuff other then... "Oh, that sounds interestin'".
Yeah, I don't see myself getting any actual interest in 5e... ...till I grab BG3 (so I can understand the systems and all)
>>
>>94216318
>/tg/ is now a board where screeching faggots come to yell at people for liking the wrong things.
/tg/ is now a place where ideas guy got too comfortable and think that vaguely riffing on fantasy tropes is the same thing as worldbuilding.
>>
Now I wonder when the remake of Wizards of Zargon will be announced. I also assume it might also include "The Dark Company" megaquest.
>>
>>94216352
Don't whine, just do it.
>>
>>94216395
Hm, you seem to be having trouble with the idea of cause and effect.
This is a strange medical condition, and google gives me worrying answers as to what that might mean.
I, uh, in the kindest way possible urge you to dial 911. That's on a phone. it's the lower right number, then the upper left, then the upper left. Then you wait, while holding the phone to your head.
>>
>>94216419
Still nothing?
Exactly what I expected.
>>
>>94210727
The answer is bad moderation and dedicated trolls trying to take us down.
Those are the only things that have changed.
>>
>>94210727
There's two of these threads on /tg/ right now. Where us sad, melancholic posters are lamenting the state of our board.

I propose to go even further, it's not just /tg/, I don't know how many of you go to the other boards but really I feel they're just as bad. A lot of the boards out there are full of shit, dead, or on life support. I think if you asked anyone on any board they'd tell you the same, "/x/ isn't what it used to be", "/his/ isn't what it used to be", "/int/ isn't what it used to be".

People talk about demoralisation threads there. Well fa/tg/uys & ca/tg/irls, I welcome you, /tg/ is the first demoralisation board! Can we all get a round of applause?
>>
File: 1293820010849.gif (173 KB, 480x360)
173 KB
173 KB GIF
>>94216635
The fact that the mods and janitors refuse to do anything about it, while arbitrarily enforcing other rules, speaks to a level of incompetence AND malice that explains how it got this bad, but doesn't offer any good way to fix it. If anything it leaves the only option to be abandoning ship. They want this place to be a cesspool of 50 general threads and 100 more nebulous "worldbuilding" questions and for anyone who doesn't want that to simply leave or stay and suffer.
>>
>>94216487
have you dialed 911 yet?
>>
File: 1700290472443985.jpg (442 KB, 1080x1081)
442 KB
442 KB JPG
>>94215363
>>
>>94217159
But you made that.
>>
File: 1700288841851157.jpg (208 KB, 1280x853)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>
>>94217186
>>94217186
https://crestresearch.ac.uk/resources/mining-the-chans/
It's right here.
I can understand /pol/, but why would they want to shit this place up?
>>
>>94217205
Yes, you made this.
>>
>>94217206
Hope they pay you enough to shit up this board akshit.
>>
>>94217236
don't worry, it's been shit longer than they've existed.
>>
File: 1587120016392.png (1.36 MB, 1080x1288)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>94210727
>/mgw/ - Monster Girl Worldbuilding
>Freakshit
>'Thoughts on X folk?'
>Primaris complaining thread #239
>Elfposting
>Furry/dragon coombait
>'Your party/character finds themselves in X situation (gone sexual)
>'How would a setting ruled by 90ft tall naked women be like?'
>'How would X fare in Y?'
>'Why do people giving GeeDubs money?/ Surerly this will be the end of GeeDubs.'
>AoS bad
>'Have you tried not playing D&D?'
>'How do we fix X?'
>'Absolute state of X game/company'
>Biodungeons/Vorefag thread
>Wheelchair-accessible dungeons
>'How do we save/gatekeep the hobby for X?'
>'I really hope you don't do this'
>Realismfaggotry
>Realismfaggotry bad
>'Here's your X, bro'
>Low effort 40k joke
>Frogpost
>Wojakpost/Confess
>'But what is your settings' tax policy?' (SmugGRRM.jpg)
>Bitchfit about MtG/WotC
>Off-topic politics thread/Complaining about current thing
>Skavenpost
>Whinning about CR
>X thread? X thread
>/cyoag/ - Choose Your Own Adventure General:
>AoS spergout thread
>Whinning about GURPS
>>
>>94217159
I hope you niggers didn't think I was kidding. The feds are verifiably here and they are not shy about hiring disruptive subhuman shitstains to do their drudge work.
>>
>>94211084
>>94211124
>>94213395
When /qst was made, I hoped to get rid of Cyoa threads.
Instead /qst lost it's brain, /tg lost it's heart and cyoa-fags are rampant.
How's the coffee for you?
>>
>>94215079
>so what are you complaining about faggot?
It was written pretty clearly in english.
>>
>>94215115
>I personally primarily play homebrew games
Where do you find people like that?
My player group shudders at the thought of testing one of my homebrew projects.
>>
>>94217570
cyoa is "technically not a quest"
>>
>>94211215
>tg/ was killed by the very people that frequent it and there is nothing else to it.
This. You are all parasites and you made the very board you wanted. Rot in it.
>>
>>94217388
Feels like at least half of these topics is perpetuated by people who have never played ttrpg in their entire fucking life
>>
>>94217570
The things that damaged /tg/ harmed all of 4chan and brought us to where we are anow had nothing to do with quests. /qst/ was added in 2016. Ton of people left in 2014 when moot revealed himself to be a corporate cuck, literally, and then the 2016 election permanently damaged the whole site.
>>
>>94219267
Might be the summation of what the hells happened.
>>
>>94216980
Still nothing.
Quel suprise.....
>>
File: 1448817505281.gif (1.47 MB, 223x200)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>bumpfags mod buddy refuses to delete the thread so he spammed it to hit bump limit in under 48 hours
Now this is autism
>>
To sum up:
Moderation here sucks ass - trolls rule /tg/ and have driven out over half of the posters. Good threads and good posts get deleted while troll posts are defended.
>>
to be fair you have to be exceptionally autistic to want to moderate /tg/ in the first place
>>
>>94215564
>Rather than encouraging discussion
What is there to encourage? I don't want to participate in a slew of milquetoast setting threads, and clearly no one else does either. Discussion is a two-way street and I'm not beholden to the maker of these threads. It's like you're demanding I give my time and energy for these threads while the OP chooses not to recipocate my efforts.

I will not take responsibility for someone else's low effort posts. Imagine if I poured my soul out in a '/tg/ makes a setting' thread and made one of the greatest fantasy settings ever, only for it to be bumped long after everyone else lost interest with a superficial question like 'What are the demons like' or for the setting to never be used for anything again.
>>
>>94210727

>>49273753 is why.

When anti-Qfags whined to get their way, all the actually creative people left to go to /qst/, and when /qst/ was soulless and boring because it didn't have a board identity, we went elsewhere.
>>
>>94222913
You're still not making any sense.

Look, apparently you like getting mad at other people for having fun in ways that you do not approve. I get that. But, at the end of the day, you're either going to have to let that shit go, or go full-schizo.
>>
>>94222958
Your silly argument has been thoroughly debunked in this very thread.
>>
>>94223007
>You're still not making any sense.
It makes perfect sense, actually. If you make a thread titled 'What are merfolk like in your setting?' Then I will ignore your thread because I have no obligation to participate and you aren't putting in effort into it yourself. Nothing in your post addressed anything I said.

Here is your reality: People not participating in your threads isn't trolling. It's them being sick of your shit and leaving you to be the only tard left in the playpen.
>>
>>94222958
The solipsistic narcissism of questfags somehow lives on, despite you fags not being able to maintain a board on your own. The whole fucking site went to shit because of literal federal agents and political disruption teams, and you faggots keep coming back to insist that it's because you weren't allowed to have Multiverse Tacticool Isekai Cat Girl Maid Harem Mecha Pilot Quest Part #2864 continue on /tg/, despite the endless complaints that quests were choking /tg/ to death.
>>
>>94223018
Nope. Looking through, All I'm seeing is typical questfag rhetoric. The same whinging that 'won' you the board.

Huh. The board this very thread is complaining about? Weird. Now that you faggots 'won', the board's turned to shit. Funny, that.
>>
>>94223098
bumpfag is also going into other peoples more successful threads and tries to derail them as well
>>
>>94223343
>lying
>blind
>dumb
kek
And now you've mistaken me for someone else.
Is everything ok at home?
>>
>>94223434
Alright, you know what?

Here's the deal.

Link me to these 'thorough debunk'. Quote the specific points that prove me wrong. In fact, if you feel the need to elaborate on a quoted point, or cite sources, do that too.

If you can do so to the point where I feel any doubt, I'll stop maintaining the idea that the removal of quests killed /tg/.
>>
>>94223468
>If you can do so to the point where I feel any doubt,

I sincerely hope that the person talking to you doesn't fall for your bait and wastes any more time on you. You're a delusional shitposter, and nothing could ever convince you, hence why you so easily issued that challenge.

You're really a piece of shit.

Hell, I feel great sympathy for the Questers, and back when this board was the best place for Quests, I really despised the trolls that kept trying to get quests removed from here. I also think it's a shame that the mods made no real effort to not make it look like they were kowtowing to the trolls, aside from giving extra features to the new board and not making it actually a containment board at first.

But your bullshit about "removing quests is why /tg/ sucks" just distracts from the real issues, and your insane idea of "Removing Quests removed all the talented people from /tg/!" is so stupid and false that it's the reason I can so easily mark you as delusional.

You're never going to stop being retarded. No one can convince you to stop being butthurt. But, as you can clearly see, everyone else can see right through you and how you're just making the problem worse by trying to blame everything on a dead issue that didn't really impact the board at all. Quests were never really that big of a thing here, and their absence likewise didn't do much. Ultimately, once a new board was made for them, /tg/ stopped being the best board for quests, so there's no reason to keep crying like some wounded victim.

If you really hate the trolls who harassed quests, don't fucking assist them in further killing this board.
>>
>>94223614
I was actually being slightly genuine, though I assumed he wouldn't actually take me up on the offer because A) that would take effort and anon's just a shitposter, and B) I did read through the thread, and nobody made any convincing arguments. 'lol no u rong' is not an argument.

I've been on and off of /tg/ since it basically started. I was here when quests got big, and then too big, and then banned. I was even here afterward, and I've felt the decline along with most people who were here.

While it's entirely possible that something else happened around the near exact same time quests were banned, somehow coincidentally completely unrelated happened that also made /tg/ shit, but from my personal experience that's the only event that could be called the 'cause' of the decline.

I mean, I guess it could be that exclusionary trolls who wanted to kick out everything they didn't like saw the win, and started trying to do the same to everything else they didn't like? But I haven't seen anything that's convinced me otherwise. Nothing that trumps my personal experience, anyway.

I mean, I do see the sincerity in your post, and that's why I'm responding with more than a troll. I'm being sincere as well. /tg/ stopped being fun for me not *because* quests were banned, but *when* quests were banned. And so that's what I say when it becomes relevant.
>>
>>94223654
>I was here when quests got big, and then too big, and then banned.
You forgot about the period before they were banned, when /qst/ was optional.

>that's the only event that could be called the 'cause' of the decline.
Jesus christ, you really are delusional. How the fuck can you look at 2016, and forget what other major event took place on 4chan?

I'll give you a minute.

Fuck you, I'll just tell your 8-year slow ass. THE 2016 ELECTION. /POL/ RAIDS EVERY DAY, POLITICAL SPAM ON EVERY SINGLE BOARD, WITH /TG/ BEING NO EXCEPTION. Where the fuck were you? Too busy complaining about how slow /qst/ was, until the mods finally decided to misguidedly try helping you out by forcing the people still making quests on /tg/ to move?

Between 2016 and 2017, /pol's population went from around 75k to over 150k, when in previous years it had hovered around 40k. That huge influx of people changed a lot of this website, especially on small boards like /tg/ with a population rarely going over 20k. 2016 was a bad year for us, but not because of /qst/, and ultimately as far as population goes /tg/ had largely recovered by 2017 and saw similar numbers and cycles to before the election (and before /qst/). The board had changed, and for the negative, but that's because 4chan as a whole had changed. Even so, the crisis we're facing now? That didn't start until mid-2021, and that is where we need to look at and ask "What changed?"
>>
>>94223721
>That didn't start until mid-2021, and that is where we need to look at and ask "What changed?"
Innovative tactics in response to 2016.
>>
File: no u.png (96 KB, 1618x234)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>94223721
>Muh /pol/!
>Just ignore all the rainbow warriors who spam here and how they infected gaming as a whole!
lol
lmao
If anything slightly critical of the woke brigade gets posted here it gets deleted instantly
>>
>>94223744
/pol/ isn't just right wing, retard. Some of the biggest and dumbest faggots come from there, which is why I'm surprised you didn't know that, you glitter-shitting queer.
>>
File: 1538279788939.png (475 KB, 857x500)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
>>94223797
I love how you morons get so assblasted at being told to fuck off when you cry about your boogyman while ignoring other issues.
>>
>>94223614
>I sincerely hope that the person talking to you
I am that person, and you are absolutely correct, anon.
>>94223654
kek
You're still wrong.
And still lying.
And it's nice that you admitted to your trollery.
>>94223721
Absolutely correct.
>>94223843
oof, try reading the post you replied to again.
>>
File: fall of tg.png (74 KB, 1850x422)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>94224104
>Projecting
>>
Been interesting to see the deflection through ignoring it nonresponse about the crest stuff combined with flooding bother here and on the catalogue.
>>
>>94224108
>responds in under 2 minutes
kek
>>
>>94224139
Would you mind trying that again?
>>
>>94223744
They're here to fight the good fight or some shit or just get paid, but it's reactionary hegemonic left stuff about radical internet wite boys who wrenched the program a tiny bit.
>>
>>94224146
Pretending to not understand as a way to undermine is old hat.
Fun everyone is trying to 'win' the last post.
>>
Questfags are whiny cunts and the fact that they've spent eight years crying about getting evicted proves that they deserved it.
>>
>new antispam measures
lol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.