[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/adv/ - Advice


Name
Options
Subject
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • AdBlock users: The default ruleset blocks images on /adv/. You must disable AdBlock to browse /adv/ properly.
  • Are you in crisis? Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at +1 (800) 273-8255.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]


4chan Virtual YouTuber Contest - Submit Designs Here

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!



[Catalog] [Archive]

File: 1513741789961.jpg (60 KB, 960x720)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
An ex who hasn't spoken to me in 4 years just sent me a snapchat which I haven't opened yet. I'm really nervous to. We aren't on good or bad terms, we just kind of both fucked off out of each others' life after the break up.

What do? I'm not really sure how to handle this.
9 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>20040208
You can slide your finger right on it without releasing it on some phones and it'll show the message
>>
>>20040208
tell us what she sent when you do it, you got me curious now.
>>
>>20041195
I'll open it tomorrow and I'll post what he said here if this thread hasn't died. I really can't imagine why he could contact me now. We dated in HS and we're both in our 20s now, we have absolutely no ties each other beyond that. I have a feeling it might just be hey or hi. I generally don't like to ignore people, but I don't know how or why he would expect me to respond. Jesus Christ, it's been 4 years, it's a little late to become friends or hookup.

If anyone wants to give insight on why they contacted their ex after years of no contact I'd love to hear your reasoning.
>>
>>20041601
Just open it now. Why wait? Like you said it’s been 4 years. If it’s something you don’t feel like replying to, then don’t.
>>
>>20041601
Open it now. It's probably just a Hi or something. Probably thought of you for some reason and wants to see how you're doing. You don't have to respond you can just delete/block them.

File: lionelhutz.png (860 KB, 998x987)
860 KB
860 KB PNG
I'm in highschool (18) and I have a choir class. I started this class late so my teacher just put me in the front not with my usual section (bass) but with some girls in alto. I sit next to this girl who is very annoying and always does annoying shit like stare at me when I'm singing, lie down on my seat when I get up, make loud noises etc. Her friend does the same but not as bad. Her friend has the same route as me to her next class so we end up walking with eachother. I made the mistake of giving her my instagram where she then tried flirting with me and gave her dry responses. I don't like her but I'm too nice. She'll even guilt trip me if I don't talk to her ir whatever. I'm gonna ask my teacher to switch my seat but that won't solve my problem. How can i get her to fuck off without hurting her feelings? Am I in too deep?
5 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>20041559
Well the only advice I got was to pretend I'm autistic, and that's retarded beyond belief. Your advice is actually helpful so thanks.
>>
pump and then when you finish school, dump
>>
>>20041633
Nah, I'm trying to get with this other girl I can actually tolerate. Plus she's fat.
>>
>>20041655
por que no los dos?
>>
>>20041685
Not trying to ruin any chances I have with the girl I like.

File: 1459186799586.jpg (94 KB, 601x508)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
invested everything into a girl that left me for some dude she met online and never irl. how do i deal with all this frustration and sadness

So I know you get this a lot but I need some advice.

I'm a 28khv, mainly from illness, abusive childhood, and general disinterest. My disinterest has now maned, and my position is vastly improved over what it was a few years ago, I want to try sex and dating, how would I go about this?

When people find out you're a virgin at this age they immediately think something is wrong with you, and construct a fiction about your past to justify their belief. Should I just lie about it and try confidence is through? If I ask her what she likes and just do it, it shouldn't be too bad right? I know I might cum early but if I do I can just go back to fingering and eating her out?
>>
>>20040700
Just tell them you lost your virginity to some girl at a party.
That's so fucking normie, noone will investiage further.

File: index.jpg (8 KB, 300x168)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
What's my purpose in life?
>>
>>20041573
Whatever you want it to be.
>>
Gotta choose your own purpose.
>>
try everything. do whatever you find interesting
>>
Sick fd anon. Go with the flow. I have thought I was having the worst things in my life happen but it actually is not bad in retrospect. All of it is just is just a matter of perspective and time is usually what makes it clear.
>>
To serve the jews

File: 1535950023115.jpg (58 KB, 640x480)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
I'm an alcoholic. I've been sober for about three months now, and my life has come to a screeching halt. All I really do is work, come home, and shitpost here or watch TV. My friends will go to a movie, have dinner, whatever every once in a while... but it's really just me holding them back from having fun.

I don't see the point in this anymore. I don't have passion for anything. Should I just keep drinking and burn out? Nothing I do inspires any interest in me, and I miss partying.
2 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>20041514
You are incorrectly associating partying and alcohol with youth. You weren't young because you partied. You are old and have been for years, you need to find new direction and new passion for your new world.
>>
>>20041544
I have no passions anymore. That's what sucks. I just want to sleep, and I hate my career. Feels like I'm waiting to die.
>>
>>20041571
That's what I'm saying. You need to find a passion. Even going back to parties won't save you at this point you are too far behind.
>>
Sounds like depression. A common thing for addicts in recovery. Have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy? And I know this is a bit of a cliche but you should probably get into exercising. It's good for the body and the mind.
>>
Go to /fit/ and start working out

It will be the best thing that ever happened to you.

File: 1537374203315.png (253 KB, 600x632)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
What is the point in joining clubs and societies in college to make friends if I never had much of a social life in high school?
>>
>>20040816
the purpose is to start having a social life unlike you did in high school. networking is the whole purpose of college.
>>
So you can.
>>
There's still time to glue something together. My social life is basically maxed out in college, and it still feels like a shadow of what was possible in high school. Even my friends lament that they miss "just hanging out every day" (we only get together once or twice a week) but it's my fault for spending my first 18 years in a video game coma, which wasn't entirely unenjoyable.
>>
File: 1496932755732.jpg (20 KB, 500x281)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>20040816
It's nice to check out if there are people you hit it off with but if you don't do it immediately get out. Worth a try, sure, but don't let yourself get guilted into hanging around people you don't really like. Happened to me my first year of college and it was awful, eventually I had to cut ties with about a dozen people and I felt like a douche but they were draining me of my personality.
>>
File: 1534008899627.jpg (9 KB, 255x198)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
> be me, uni freshman
> kind autistic
> go to club's first meeting
> we're learning MATLAB, cool
> get there and everyone is already in their small social groups
> don't say anything
> host: "Alright let's get started. We'll go around and introduce ourselves and tell everyone who our spirit animal is."
> my turn: My name is ______ and my spirit animal is a t-t-turtle because I'm shy
> host: "Huh, what did you say?"
> me: R-r-abbit

File: happy.jpg (81 KB, 645x623)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
Telling a girl that I love her when I truly do would make her move away from me or make her see me as a honest man? [spoiler]I can't get rid of these feelings and enough is enough[/spoiler]
>>
jst ask her to hang out, don't sperg like a five year old
>>
Are you actually dating?

>lost over 100lbs
>women now showing interest in me
>have deflated man tits and flabby, loose stomach
>wear compression shirts to keep things tight

How bad is loose skin to women? I still have some weight to lose but I'm already looking like a deflated balloon. I can't afford surgery and I don't really want it now until I lose the rest of the weight and can maintain it off for a year at least.

>pic related almost exactly how I look with a little more fat on the stomach
11 replies omitted. Click here to view.
>>
I am in an identical situation anon, and we probably look very alike. My goal is to lose the rest of the fat until my weight is sort of at a base level, then build muscle. I think once I'm into the building muscle phase, and have developed some progress in muscle gain, then I will have an idea of how much that will help it going forward, and regardless, muscle gain would be a very good thing anyway. Also remember that it's probably still shrinking and it can take a long time,
>>
>>20041210
I'm 6'0 and started at 386lbs. I'm currently 250lbs.

I heard lifting weight and drinking water is good for tightening up the skin. The water part I'm not sure how true it is but ever since I stopped drinking soda I can't have enough of water and it's good for food cravings so why not. I usually drink 1 gallon a day.

The weight lifting part is true at least for me. I don't have much loose skin on my arms because I gained muscle but since we're losing weight it's going to be hard to put on muscle because we're eating at a deficit.

Expect loose skin on your stomach. I'm not sure how big you are but if you're at least 100lbs over weight you're going to have some kind of loose skin from what I've noticed on other people that have lost a good amount of weight.

>>20041220
I guess I never bumped into one while I was fat, never got any kind of attention but I don't blame them I was hideous and fat.

>>20041301
Thanks. Like I said I hope I can land someone that thinks like this. I eventually want to get the skin removed but I need to save up for it and I have to make sure I keep the weight off for a while although I'm pretty confident I will. I've completely changed my way of thinking when it comes to food. No longer pleasure and now I see it as fuel instead.


Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
>>
>>20040916

If you have ~$8,000 excess skin removal surgery.
>>
>>20041438
I don't and even if I did I don't see myself having the time to take off from work and school. I heard the recovery can be pretty long.
>>
Try using Gotu Kola.

how do i get a goth gf? they’re so gorgeous and i have no idea where to look.
29 replies and 1 image omitted. Click here to view.
>>
you look in the makeup aisle you dumb fuck.
>>
honestly, fuck these types of girls

they’re all narcissistic stuck up bitches who make identity traits out of purposefully not dealt with problems that literally every human have

they’re a fucking waste
>>
File: 1536687192872.jpg (67 KB, 622x600)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>20041328
This. My sister is into goth shit and it's completely insufferable. As much as I like the big tiddy goth gf memes that's all they should ever be
>>
>>20039598
be 6'7 ft tall and hear metal wear black and drive a pick up
>>
>1997
>Type O Negative live
>Dress in all black. Lookin sharp
>Standing next to goth girls. They dig me
>Get a hotel room after show and get drunk.
>Have 4some with 3 goth chicks
>Shoot huge load
>Fuck more
>Shoot ankther huge load
>Fuck more
>Shoot nothing but air
>thisneverhapoened.jpeg.

any advice on stopping gaming?

I have some really, REALLY strong urges to play bdo again (exactly one month has passed) not even long time, i just "want to play a little", i came across this private bdo server so my urge spiked yesterday (even though i tried this server once, i just recalled it)

Can i be allowed to play a little? or just stay strong and dont give in?

I was addicted to wow once, however IIRC i stopped playing wow because it became boring, BDO is not

File: hgjg.png (1.74 MB, 1920x1080)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
I know her from my old meme page from 2015 and we ended up at the same university. We didn't talk in the last 1,5 year just once or twice, I had a gf, and only started again this summer.

I kinda like her, she is catholic, cute, kind and seems happy for first sight but actually there is this deep sadness in her eyes.
She doesn't have many friends, two of them even lesbians, cries a lot, stopped going to church few months ago, and multiple people told her they dont want to be her friends anymore because she is "so negative".

She worries a lot about not being able to make friends at the uni because some cliques were already formed etc and mostly just sits at home, goes for a walk in the city, or sometimes visits an exhibition. Last friday she took her flu medicaments with some weak alcohol sitting alone at a riverside because she had no water, otherwise she doesn't drink.

I wonder if telling me about the cryings and all this has been some kind of sign or cry for help.
Been telling her she should try some sports because she just rots in a flat, but it's hard since we don't live in the same city. I'll also take her out to the mountains to move out a little bit but what else can I do to help her?
>>
>>20040654
> what else can I do to help her
Do more stuff? Introduce her to nicer people, maybe attend some club together. Hiking club or whatever? Fuck every day?

I mean, it's probably mostly about her requiring some social life with more pleasant people if you describe it as you do, so all of the above apply.

> I wonder if telling me about the cryings and all this has been some kind of sign or cry for help.
Maybe? You'd know better. Sometimes crying to someone is the actual thing that helps.
>>
>>20040654
Just your time and support is more valuable than anything else. Also ask yourself, does she really want the help?
>>
>>20040654
>what else can I do to help her?
Get her to a therapist and/or psychiatrist. That is literally all you can do to help her. Stop trying to treat her depression because in the long run you'll only make it worse. The last thing she needs right now is to latch onto you and become dependent. She needs professional help. That's the beginning and end of everything you need to know.
>>
>>20040654
Just be as supportive of her as you could. She sounds like she just needs someone to talk to. You are right though, being active and running or doing sports helps a lot with this stuff. More time being tired is less time to wallow in self pity.

File: Hipertrofi otot .jpg (6 KB, 374x420)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Anons like they deal with an "edgy" and "hardcore" person who likes to be respected by becoming the tough guy, the cretin etc but gets along very well with everyone ... what to do?
>>
>>20041604
You either just had a stroke while typing this or you're a bot
>>
Do you have my answer? do not speak English ... use the translator

File: huh.png (535 KB, 994x560)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
Any tips for an Applied Mathematics student trying to do well?

I find myself kind of numb in class sometimes. I'd like to improve my grades before graduating so that I can get my degree within the course's scope and a scholarship for a Masters, but I'm on my third semester and not exactly passing with flying colors.
>>
>>20040913
You have to first decide if this is really what you want to do. If it is, you need to realize that it's time to put the pedal to the metal. The going has gotten rough, so it's time to schedule time to give it your all and focus down on it.

Course, you might decide it's not what you want. I used to be in the same major actually and decided to switch to music. It's a lot harder ironically but I'm enjoying the grind and challenge because I actually want it.

Here’s a little background information.
I’m currently a senior in HS and I’m black myself. But here is my problem. I really dislike black people. Mostly because of the way most of them conduct themselves. From being loud and obnoxious to barely being able to construct a sentence without the words “nigga” or “bruh”, and because of this I mostly tend to hang out with other races besides blacks and have minimal conversations with them. I feel like my mentality at the moment might not lead to good things later on in my life. How do I stop this way of thinking?
46 replies and 3 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>20041588
>it isn't because they're white

Lol wut yes it is whites chimp out all the time
>>
>>20041591
But not because they're white, it's because 90% of people act retarded occasionally.
Human nature
>>
File: 1533046996178.jpg (101 KB, 500x1156)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>20041421
>In what universe is basing your response off of the literal words that someone says autistic?
High functioning autists have the capacity to communicate but have difficulty differentiating between subtext/context and what is explicitly stated. In reality basic human speech is multi-faceted, and words can mean wildly different things depending on the circumstance in which they're used.

If I call a poorly made movie a scam, for example, doesn't necessarily mean I'm accusing the director of committing fraud. The context being that it would actually need to be proven in court for that to be literally true, and that I'm using it in an informal setting.
>>
File: galo.gif (495 KB, 320x240)
495 KB
495 KB GIF
>>20040183
I have a friend like you OP. Maybe to a slightly lesser extent.
Hes black. Has a fair dislike for most black people / black culture in America. Feels many of them have a victim complex and thinks that often they are the bringers of their own misfortune.

That said, while I tend to share his and your views on many of these aspects, you just need to do your best to treat people as an individual. Maybe dislike the "collective" group, but when meeting individuals, treat them as such. Give people a chance to show you that they aren't necessarily like the group you might associate them with. Obviously you aren't like you picture other black people. My friend is similar as well.

Honestly your preconceptions most likely will not leave you easily if at all. Which is why I just try my best to treat people individually as I meet them.


>>20041289
This is bait.
>>
>>20041289

He's as much a product of his environment and system as the worthless cunts he's complaining about.
why exactly do they get a pass and he doesn't?




Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.