[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Subject
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

[Catalog] [Archive]

File: Witch.jpg (1.01 MB, 1240x1992)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
Previous thread: >>93226880

Wargames go in their general: >>>/tg/bwg/

Thread question: what's the best eurogame you've played recently? What makes it so good?
169 replies and 30 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93257991
>Mad Max
Radlands
>Post-Apoc
Zona
>>
>>93257883
What the hell? I can teach Dune Imperium in less than 10 minutes, even with that game having a sucky manual
>Your hand of cards will always be played one of two ways, as an agent or as a reveal
>When played as an agent, you send an agent meeple to a space if it has the matching icon, you can pay the cost immidiately, and the space is not blocked to you by voice/another agent
>spaces give you resources, let you manage you hand, advance your political ranking, upgrade your abilities, or aid in combat
>if you play the card signet ring your character does something cool
>combat is an numbers game. Whoever has the most swords, wins. Swords are gained mostly by troops, but cards can provide swords as well.
>every card you didn't play as an agent gets played as a reveal when your next turn comes around. Reveals generally either give you swords to up your combat strength, or influence which is a resource you spend to get better cards. You can't hoard influence, you have to spend it on your reveal turn and what isn't spent is lost forever
>don't stick to just one thing, you have to play around what everybody else is doing. A broad strategy wins the game
>trash your starting hand ASAP
>Spacing Guild and Research station are the best spaces, you want them
>get swordmaster sooner rather than later
>getting really far in politics gives you an alliance point, but that can be taken away if someone outpaces you
>bless the maker and his water
Was that dude seriously explaining the entire imperium deck?
>>
>>93257995
Never played it solo, but that'd have been a very good score in mp.
I do agree about it being stressful, and the interesting thing is that players seemingly appreciate the harsh nature of the game a lot despite or maybe because such a thing isn't used in nowadays games.
Multiplayer agricola with draft is still one of the best euros out there, and, as I like to remind people in the "blocking is not interaction" debate, stuff like snatching a mere 3 food away from the player who thought he could wait a turn more and now has to starve can be way more brutal than any direct attack on my property I've suffered in other games.

>>93257991
51st state or wasteland express service come to mind, but both probably aren't what you are looking for; their themes doesn't go very deep if that makes sense
>>
>>93258007
Damn, buying Zona rn, that looks like a non-overpriced STALKER
>>
>>93258007
>Radlands
Style over stubstance
>Zona
Extreme style over substance, that shit is 100% based on diceroll luck

File: thinking.jpg (84 KB, 1600x960)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I am developing a bell-curve system (3d8) and think rolling characters is fun because it allows for unexpected character strengths and weaknesses. Who cares if the party is slightly imbalanced? RPGs are not for tryharding. With such a wealth of options on what you can do, surely you can think of something to do with your character even if they are a tad underpowered statistically speaking.

Nevertheless, he is a mainstay around the table and says building a character is the far superior mechanic because it leaves less room for disappointment. He is worried about the potential of other characters outshining his even on the things he is meant to be good at. Despite my wholehearted disagreement with this on principle, I am trying my best to be accomodating because I assume he is not the only player who sees things this way in case something comes out of this.

If I were to provide a way for people who wish to do so to build their characters instead, what is the best way of accomplishing this, considering the bell curve is not flat? Values further away from the mean become less likely, meaning higher attribute values should cost more if there is a way to "buy" attribute points. Otherwise, that skews the balance in favor of his kind of playstyle too much. I don't mind if it's a little imbalanced, but that seems very strong unless I limit it somehow.

For reference, my attribute modifiers range from -5 to +5. 0 if the dice roll 13-14, 1 for 15-16, 2 for 17-18, and so on. Because they're essentially about genetics, attributes are pretty much set for a characters lifespan. Skills and talents exist to provide modification post-creation.
99 replies and 3 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93257919
If I can make a system that's around for 40 years, I will consider it a resounding success.
>>
File: pale.png (616 KB, 535x690)
616 KB
616 KB PNG
>>93250894
>>93250861
If you aren't running a game where random chargen is fun (like in MAID), then the game requires mechanics for bussing characters that got bad rolls.

Alternatively, include some formula that can be used to point-buy duds up to the party's mean.
>>
>>93257984
GURPS 4th has been around for 20 years, sort of. It's honestly less popular today relative to its older variants.
I wouldn't consider going bankrupt because nobody plays it a success by any measure, except that of the delusional.
>>
>>93255231
Do not try to argue logic with these retards. They don't care about potential edge cases, they care about not being able to game the system, not being able to force their min-max autism fueled by white-room theorycrafting, and having to play actual characters instead of numeric stat-blocks arbitrarily stacked.

>>93254678
>just roll with it?
Imagine that.
>>
>>93256241
>>93256283
Pathetic samefag.
>muh design!!
"Design" has been a disaster for gamingkind.

File: RIFTS-ChaosEarth-93.png (35 KB, 456x264)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
RIFTS Chaos Earth goes pretty hard.
Really feels like they were channeling CDDA when writing some of this stuff up.
3 replies and 2 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93238569
The OCC thing that is just a bunch of civilian professions is great for character generation for chaos earth
>>
>>93241000
That's probably the best way to handle her.
>Raised by D-Bees
>Adopted into the CS, fast tracked through the burbs and into the cities
>Got access to the major library/book repository right before the CS conveniently destroyed it
>Believes the CS are misguided and need help
>Then goes on adventures into England/Europe and comes back only to... give perfect information about how to avoid Atlantean patrols to the CS so that they can partner with Germany
>Then tells magic people to fuck off so the CS can take their land, since defending themselves would be the greater evil
>Then all sorts of inconsequential shit where she allegedly helps random adventurers
It makes most sense if she was a real person ages ago, perhaps even she was an early thorn in the CS' side.
But then she died at some point during the Europe adventure, and all the stories we hear are basically propaganda about how "this legendary figure? she's really on our side. buy more books."
>>
>>93241282
It's one of the better things they ported over from Systems Failure & the earlier Rifters.
>>
>>93241189
AFMBE's DeadWorlds also seem pretty good for that.
>>
>>93243162
>right before the CS conveniently destroyed it
the didn't destroy it, they just said they did.

File: 1671011962566125.jpg (153 KB, 1170x1178)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
el duende Edition

>Previous Thread
>>93222442

>Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/WiCHizn0
>Mediafire
https://mediafire.com/folder/s9esc6u7ke8k5/CofD
>Mega I
https://mega.nz/folder/ePQ1BKhJ#RCosRCh59Ki2Mpb1M9H3Uw
>Mega II (also containing fanmade games)
https://mega.nz/folder/ZbQ2zLJA#DOT-3df6rS2lLet4_RmqJQ/folder/gfASQLSB
>WoD5 Mega
https://mega.nz/folder/7rQQ1LbQ#16_AiXVGo0P3_rVOJuoZyA

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
209 replies and 18 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
Where exactly is the dark kingdom of flint?
>>
>>93257819
Somewhere around Washington State and British Colombia
>>
>>93255097
>Setite Fat Priest -
Wouldn't be allowed to be so fucking horny in my games, but I do like the fact that a Setite was competent enough to accomplish something more complex than getting mortals addicted to drugs without getting his teeth knocked in
>Tzimisce French Inventor -
Sounds properly depraved for a Tzimisce, its cool to that he is so bold as to try to out tunnel-rat the tunnel-rats using pigs but I don't see this ending well
>Toreador Vengeful Painter -
Leaning a bit to heavily into stereotypes with this one, I also don't see this one ending well but thats half the fun of the sort of game you seem to be running. I am detecting a pattern.
>Ventrue Ambitious Nobleman -
HTP Kevin Wettsworth but not a sucker who sided with Hunters so thats good, also seems like his story isn't gonna end well but he is probably going to be the less super-fucked than the rest of the coterie

>MVP -
The Tzimisce depending on how his tunnel-purging goes. A Tzimisce in Nosferatu warrens with an army of ManBearPigs seems pretty comfy

>LVP -
Setite too horny for his own good, would genuinely creep me out but I guess that is the fun of having a Sabbat game

>>
File: Moon Landing.png (187 KB, 379x545)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>93251801
"Not one they want", buddy even the fucking Syndicite was enjoying it.
>>
>>93258037
they liked the lower paradox and how much more energy the Technocrats had not the fact that a bunch of reality deviants were set loose upon Earth

File: Dcg-EX6-030_alt.png (147 KB, 430x600)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
Lordship edition

Previous >>93193548

>Basics Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/ZdJtyTrL

>Anon's Locals Survival Guide
https://pastebin.com/xXp5jShL

>Fanmade PC sim
https://pastebin.com/u6aKrBSg

>BT16 Beginning Observer questionnaire
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwVDBP8jbOel-zw7nMvGxXZqXCmTJfJG5P5tHRJl7z1iErog/viewform

17 replies and 1 image omitted. Click here to view.
>>
File: file.png (176 KB, 502x594)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
@ ausfags
bt13 $55 at Cherry for the day
>>
>>93257875
Anything good in BT-13?
>>
>>93257989
if you get a good royal knight alt art
>>
>>93258101
Alright sold
>>
>>93257989
depends. Singles in this country are so fucked it might be worth it if you really wanted to build Royal Knights but I think because that deck required so many SECs the SRs are actually plentiful and cheap for once

File: IMG_9047.jpg (547 KB, 1078x1766)
547 KB
547 KB JPG
Darth Tenebrous Scientific Mastermind Edition

A thread for discussing the Star Wars franchise and its various media and tabletop games.

Previous thread: >>93210720

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing, Armada, and Legion
>https://pastebin.com/9puqx1ze

Star Wars Roleplaying Games (d6/d20/FFG)
>https://pastebin.com/iUriRfaA

Other FFG Star Wars tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

299 replies and 67 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93257660
About the only one who overstayed his welcome was Maul, and honestly his final duel with Obi-Wan made up for it.
>>
>>93257077
Nice. I like the choice of painting their gimp suits grey.
>>
>>93257487
Rogue one had some good variety. And while lots of people hate the OG rebel helmets, for me they're peak.
>>
>>93257290
But what about Revenge of the Sith?
>>
File: 1717965842440351.png (762 KB, 1004x955)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
What do you need to get started with Legion? Is the Clone Wars starter enough?

File: v0-m9nuu6u227ja1.jpg (8 KB, 214x235)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Tard Wrangle Edition

>NEW UA
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/ua/ph-playtest8/gHvtmY50loGLgQUb/UA2023-PH-Playtest8.pdf
>NEW UA
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/ua/ph-playtest7/tsgOb3llF22AL0nU/UA2023-PH-Playtest7.pdf

>New Errata
https://dnd.wizards.com/dndstudioblog/sage-advice-book-updates

>5etools
https://5e.tools/

>Trove
The Trove Vault (seed, please!): bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

205 replies and 30 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93257726
it won't suck if you do a prologue session with them actually fighting and sealing off a parasite. bonus points if you actually TPK them and there's still a parasite left and thats why the party was stuck in a glass casket for a half-millenium.
>>
File: 1702179494958530.png (26 KB, 1200x159)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>93247436
If you're playing Gritty Realism (horribly misnamed) as intendded, it should have nearly zero mechanical impact on your adventuring days or the difficulty of the game, in exactly the same way that switching to Epic Heroism merely alters the narrative timescale your campaign operates at.

Say you've go an "adventuring day" of two very difficult life-threatening encounters and then a couple moderate ones you're gonna roll on a random encounter table for. If you're playing default resting, these encounters will occur within a single 24 hour period, like a day of dedicated dungeon crawling through a lich's tomb or whatever. If you're playing Gritty Realism, those same exact encounters might now take place over an entire week's journey of overland travel and you're going for more of a Fellowship of tthe Ring vibe. If you're playing Epic Heroism, those encounters might be nearly back-to-back-to-back in the span of a single hour or two, and the vibe is more like Spiderman racing all over New York City putting out fires and stopping bank robbers without even being able to get a bite to eat.

Either way, it's the same number of encounters, and the PCs have the same number of resources for each fight, all that has changed is the background context of how much in-game time has passed between one fight and another. """"Gritty Realism"""" to """'Epic Heroism""" is not a difficulty slider, you could have a piss easy campaign with weeklong downtimes for long rest, and a balls to the wall super hard boss-rush hyper-lethal campaign run under Epic Heroism. The purpose of these is to change the pacing of the campaign, if you want longer stretches of time to pass in-universe, with a greater emphasis on downtime and forced breaks, you can play with Gritty Realism. If you want non-stop fighting and taking more than 5 minutes to catch your breath is too much, you want entire arcs to happen in a single 24-hour-period (think the Batman Arkham games), then you want Epic Heroism
>>
>>93258030
Keeping in mind that you're claiming there's no mechanical impact or difficulty increase... Explain how we're supposed to dungeon crawl when we need an entire day to have a short rest and a week to long rest?

Won't they just fortify their defences after the second time we came back and left again? Wouldn't they call for reinforcements from somewhere, or otherwise increase their ability to defend themselves in a way that if we had just rested in the dungeon, it wouldn't have happened?
>>
>>93258054
>Explain how we're supposed to dungeon crawl when we need an entire day to have a short rest and a week to long rest?
Again, you change the rest schema when you want to change the pacing and scale of the campaign, a Gritty Realism "adventuring week" is going to look more like a hard week of overland travel and multiple encounters or something out of Lord of the Rings, if you're doing a Gritty Realism Dungeon Crawl it's likely gonna be a proper megadungeon like Rappan Athuk, so your "Adventuring Week" might be clearing out an entire floor before establishing a base camp.
The number of encounters between long rests/number of encounters between level up don't change when you switch resting schemes, you're just changing the narrative pace of the game. You could have a "dungeon crawl" in an Epic Heroism campaign that plays out like comic book characters raiding a supervillain's laboratory, where all the encounters happen back to back to back and the idea of stopping to short rest for an hour outside Doctor Doom's throne room is patently absurd, and instead it's five minutes to catch your breath while hacking a supercomputer. But the number of encounters and difficulty is unrelated.
>you're claiming there's no mechanical impact or difficulty increase...
"Hard Encounter, Short Rest, Moderate Encounter, Moderate Encounter, Short Rest, Severe Encounter, loot, return, long rest" is the same difficulty whether you pace that "adventuring day" to happen during a literal 24 hour day (like the default rules assume), or over an entire week in Mordor (like Gritty Realism), or a single hour raid on the bad guy's flying castle in Epic Heroism. That's the entire point. The "adventuring day" and XP budgets between level-ups don't have to depend on how much actual physical time in seconds/hours pass in-game.
Letting people long rest before every encounter in Gritty Realism because they're spending months on a boat will be easier than Epic Heroism with 5 minutes' rest.
>>
>>93258054
I think that anon didn't consider that or consider the fact that spell durations beyond a minute are meant to take resting into account. Spells taking an hour to cast means it's an alternative to taking the rest, in exchange for the spell benefits. When a rest is now a full fucking day the casting time disparity is usually in your advantage BUT the durations not changing is botched. With standard rest rates, you are able to cast spells that take ten minutes and last 8 hours, short rest, and continue with buffs and rest resources without losing those benefits. You change rest rates, you HAVE to change casting times and durations to reflect that if you want to pretend it's exclusively a pacing problem.

As for reinforcements in a dungeon if you rest, that could be seen as a boon for gritty shit, but I'd say it's a cheap copout for it. Know your dungeon rosters and any nearby allies and let the players' actions determine if reinforcements are possible, don't take the lazy route of "if they decide to leave and rest then it'll be like they never entered :v)" shit. Beyond that, treating rest rates as pacing is a viable thing to do, if for some reason you're butthurt that your big swordman and wizard would spend an hour patching themselves up before continuing to explore the fiftieth abandoned ruins they've come across. Even if time is of the essence time shouldn't regularly be so of the essence that basic mechanics are inopportune.

File: khorne.png (2.29 MB, 1136x811)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB PNG
I've been thinking, why would anyone join Khorne in warhammer? Feels like he's the most worthless chaos god.
Even if you are warrior and want to get better than anyone else at killing, slaanesh is way better bet.
49 replies and 9 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93256007
>something that makes trannies seem normal that will fuck everything and fight when not being a disgusting freak?
thats not slaanesh
>>
>>93256007
>2 chaos god make me better at fighting
All gods make you better at fighting to be honest.
>>
>>93255995
>Remember Nurgle literally loves you.
In very abusive and toxic way
>Nurgle's "paternal love" for his followers manifests as disturbing levels of physical and emotional abuse tactics, encouraging his followers to slowly destroy themselves and become completely dependent on him. When he's angry with them, he'll inflict untold suffering upon them before returning to his same jolly, paternal demeanor.
>>
>>93252039
SOMETIMES, YOU JUST GET SO ANGRY YOU JUST WANT TO KILL FUCKKING EVERYTHIIIINNG!

You never suffered road rage anon? You never gone 'postal'? In the 40k universe, if you act on it, it sometimes summons demons that reward and empower you.

It's wish fulfillment for angry little kids basically, GW likes to appeal to childish values, as children (or immature adults) are easier to manipulate and scam with their sales driven practices.
>>
>>93254803
put some pants on fruitcake

File: 1675070840951597.pdf (1.59 MB, PDF)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PDF
Previous thread: >>93166217

GURPS is a modular, adaptable system, capable of running a wide range of characters, settings, and play styles, with a level of detail varying from lightweight to completely autistic.
Optional rules allow you to emulate different genres with a single system, or even switch genres within a single game.

A nearly complete archive of GURPS books can be found by those who pay attention to file extensions.
Never post direct links to the archive anywhere.

If you're wondering where to start:
The Basic Set covers everything, including a lot of optional rules you probably won't use.
A genre guide can be found in the archive, under Unofficial/GURPSgen. It tells you what extra books and articles you may find useful for many common genres.
How To Be a GURPS GM is a good read even for players.
GCS (gurpscharactersheet.com) is an excellent character-builder software, with page references to all the books and the option to export to both Foundry and Fantasy Grounds.

Thread Question: Which are your favorite TL9+ weapons?
131 replies and 20 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93219430
Bros is it over?
>>
>>93257745
Seething.
>>
>>93257774
It's literally over, GURPS has fallen, millions must play FATE
>>
It's crazy to think that all we've got in the last three years is Meta-Tech, Action 9, Extreme Conditions, and War Galleys.
GURPS is truly dead.
>>
File: cover_lg.jpg (165 KB, 671x874)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>93257774
Well would anybody here use GURPS Lands out of Time instead of a pulpy lost world system like HEX? MI enjoy GURPS for autistic tinkering but I rarely use it as more than a source of ideas, Personally I use Stars Without Number to run space games, if I was running a space game fore my boomer friends i'd probably use Classic Traveler instead of GURPS Space.

File: FV_5_kfUcAA_HZB.jpg (1.39 MB, 4096x2598)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
Welcome to Mecha Monday! Here we dedicate ourselves to mecha RPGs, war games, and board games alike. Here we start games, tell campaign stories, share resources & assets, and seek advice for our games and homebrew.

Let us know what needs to be updated with the pastebin.

Assorted Mecha Goodness:
https://pastebin.com/E2wi55AZ (embed)
Embryo Machine Translation
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r_cjOLuUp3HussVRhbQYU3G0zK6hwy1r

Previous Thread: >>93147037

Thread Question: Do you prefer terrestrial or space settings? Why? What Kinds?

Thread Theme: https://youtu.be/W43gxaC8QpU?si=a1G92VXLjXJgqSlR
132 replies and 43 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
File: Ideon Be Invoked.jpg (1.12 MB, 1200x900)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>93242155
Thank you kindly!
>>93242223
Look forward to nuking every enemy battleship
>>93248015
Love me some Ideon
>>
>>93252007
This one
>>93241482
>>
>>93251889
More of a gay WIP writing exercise than a properly developed setting for a tabletop but

>Why does YOUR setting have Mechs?
Cold, highly mountainous planet with extensive alpine terrain; tracked vehicles find their niches depending on the local terrain (tanks, APCs and the like remain a mainstay, just not nearly to the degree they do in our world) while wheeled vehicles are almost exclusively restricted to purpose-built roadways, urban zones or rare flatlands such as cold deserts and coastal regions. Hence, mechs became a go-to.

>What technology made them practical?
Mechs developed naturally with the technology of the times due to their sheer usefulness and nigh-necessity, but the degree of articulation possible was limited to slightly-above-forklift-operation levels by existing control interfaces - the breakthrough development of invasive brain-machine interfaces allowed a pilot to exercise far greater control over their mech's movements, and installation of an ECoGI2 ("e-cogito" in unofficial, butchered parlance) became one of the distinctive signs of a mech pilot.

>Who made them?
They first showed up in the agricultural sector, developed by private corporations as specialized equipment ("agrimechs") for tending to terraced farmsteads. The mining, construction and heavy equipment industries proceeded to create their own versions, and variants for military use would come not too long afterwards.
Very basic proof-of-concept 'walker' designs lacking specific use cases, the ancestors of the modern mech, existed even further before then.

>Where were they made/are they made?
Across the globe, greatly varying in quality, purpose and design. Generally, 'new' designs are innovative iterations of preexisting models due to a wider global technological decline. The practice of "garage-chopping" civilian mechs for warfare is widespread for a similar reason, especially among less well-off countries, paramilitaries or unsponsored mercenary companies.
>>
>>93252662

I like it! Seems to have a natural development cycle, fits the world that made them and has an application that is believable. Neat!
>>
File: 20240706012522_1.jpg (523 KB, 1920x1080)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
Just put up a new battle report:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrUtaYc_tM0

I've been wanting to run a sci-fi space opera campaign for a while now, and the opportunity to do so is coming near enough for me to actually start planning it. I've got the outline of the premise and a lot of ideas for encounters and misadventures the players can come upon during their travels, but something I'm beginning to question is exactly how to lay it all out. Originally I planned to draft up a hex map to represent the "star sector" the game would take place in in order to make travel distances easy to calculate and the information fairly readable, but I'm beginning to wonder if that's actually the best way to go about it. Aside from travel time (which isn't instant, though it is much faster than light) I don't have a reason in mind why I'd NEED to emphasize distance, and while the hex map is good for marking the location of stars in a sector, it doesn't seem great for noting the details and important locations at a smaller scale. Anyone have any ideas for how I might want to go about it, or ever done a game like this before?

Also general space adventure thread, I guess.
74 replies and 22 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93257535
The amount of stars isn't actually important. Everything is point of interest. A sci-fi setting with wormholes on the galactic scale is a node graph. It isn't a contiguous map.
>>
>>93255702
The players starting out as redshirts and working their way to the bridge seems cool and possible. And if they die on the away team, the Not Enterprise has a big crew - so people can roll up replacements.
>>
>>93257548
Yes and yes. U.S. would feel bigger if you couldn't drive across it, world would feel bigger if you couldn't fly around it, no one can tell what you're mad about.
>>
>>93257535
> At the scale you're talking about, you're only picking systems according to narrative importance anyways.

I would agree with that.
I'm in the multiple galaxy camp, and wouldn't expect to need even 400,000 worlds/systems in a campaign setting, and would use a combination of Ancient Jumpgates and slower hyperdrives to allow a balanced near/far population of star systems.
>>
>>93257926
NTA, but I would like to echo the history of terrestrial transportation in a larger space setting.
So you could have an analog space version of the progression of simple oar powered galleys > age of sail > steam powered ironclads > oil powered vessels — and then a another parallel version of spacedrives that echoed the balloon travel > fabric covered biplanes > WW2 planes > early jets > later jets > supersonic jets development sequence.
It's always really annoyed me that Trek rpgs all assume the TL of the early Horizon/Valiant era was exactly the same as the Enterprise — and the next gen Enterprise was only a much bigger and slightly faster copy of Kirk's Enterprise.

Lord of Change Edition

Previously on /slop/: >>93218566

▶ Thread Task: Post your own/literal interpretation of the spell/character/entity's name.

▶ News: It's been confirmed images are not saved on Microsoft's servers forever, only for 50 days. Make sure to save your images.

▶ Generators
https://bing.com/images/create/
https://designer.microsoft.com/image-creator
https://huggingface.co/spaces
>https://huggingface.co/spaces/multimodalart/stable-cascade
>https://huggingface.co/spaces/google/sdxl
https://clipdrop.co/stable-diffusion

184 replies and 137 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
File: OIG (51).jpg (210 KB, 1024x1024)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>
>>
>>
File: Black_magic.jpg (261 KB, 1024x1024)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
Whoever came up with this TT had really good idea
>>
>>93258114
Agreed. This was a really fun one.

File: 1720041634598468[1].jpg (226 KB, 900x900)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
Stat him.
12 replies and 1 image omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93240537
there is a short story in the latest sabbat collection
>>
>>93240517
Arbitrator with the Intelligencer path and Judge ascended path. Hammer of Heretics as his ascended trait, stats perception as primary and fellowship as secondary, weapon skill as dump stat.
>>
File: 1482362799082.png (10 KB, 327x173)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>93242545
Justicar Peirrot?
>>
>>93240537
>nuances
Not gonna happen with any Black Library 'advert for the latest thing' slop.
>>
>>93240517
>forgive me, Mon amis, but Capitan Hercule of the most illustrious and revered Rogue Trader house of Poirot could never stat himself.
>Commisar Japp: Why do you always talk about yourself in the third person Poirot?
>It helps Capitan Hercule of the most illustrious and revered house of Poirot to keep a modest distance between himself and his genius. Am I not saying this often, sister Lemon?
>Death to the enemies of man!
>*all chuckle and clink their champagne saucers*

File: aragorn viggo.jpg (342 KB, 1500x1101)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
How would he fare in your setting? Bear in mind he's 6'6", 87 years old, and white.
44 replies and 8 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93256500
All the humans of Numenor got extended lifespans, it's just that the royal family was descended from a half-elf and had even longer lifespans, it capped out around 400 for the royals IIRC.
>>
>>93257565
cont'd.

6. I can't count

8. Cultural differences are going to be a thing. Kyn society did not have the same gender norms as what Aragorn's used to (soldiery is traditionally feminine, for example) even before equality became sexes became the norm centuries ago. Aragorn will probably be able to brush off the changes as the kyn being obviously inhuman, though.

9. Aragorn is going to be desperate to get back to Arda, but the kyn have no idea where that is and he has no way of telling them (assuming it's even in the same universe). He looks like an alien race they're used to called elai, but his language doesn't match any known elai language, and more to the point he has some gross and obvious anatomical differences (red blood instead of black; two kidneys instead of one, much longer lifespan, etc.), and once they get their hands on Aragorn's DNA the lack of genetic modification signatures will make it obvious that he's not elai...but it'll also make it obvious that he's related to them (99%+ DNA match). This will actually cause more than a little trepidation among the kyn because all the non-elai races are worried about what might happen if the elai ever find their original homeworld since it could serve to unite them.

10. Ultimately, Aragorn will be welcome to stay on Kass, but the kyn will limit his ability to interact with elai. This will probably eventually lead to him trying to make an escape from Kass (probably with the help of some sympathetic kyn who'd even go with him; he is highly charismatic), which may even be successful, though ultimately kyn fears will be overblown: Aragorn can't show anyone how to find Earth.
>>
>>93257647
And one for the road because I kind of like the idea of Aragorn wandering space trying to find Arda while gathering an eclectic crew of alien weirdos, and eventually somehow ending up back on Arda with them, arriving at the exact moment he left, now with a knockoff Millennium Falcon. In an 8-year-old's complete lack of taste kind of like, but still.
>>
>>93240908
I've seen numerous people be surprised Mortenson's wearing a wig because of how natural he pulls it off
>>
File: 1718434188701032.jpg (77 KB, 1024x768)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>93238283
He's like 25 generations removed from being a half-Elf you moron.

>LOTR Half-Elves get to choose whether they want to be human or elf

No, only Elrond, Elros,and their half-Elven parents did. Aragorn's kids and any other human-Elf offspring defaulted to being mortal.

Now completely fuck off, /tg/ is not the place for wiki scholars there are those of us who have read the fucking material here.

File: 1678205021857631.jpg (1.9 MB, 7680x4320)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB JPG
Previous Thread: >>93147147

>RPG Rulebooks
https://rentry.org/40kRPGLinks

>Homebrew Collection (December 2023)
https://rentry.org/40RPGHB

>WANG/Imperium Maledictum News
https://cubicle7games.com/blog/warhammer-40k

>Bestiary, armoury, weapon quality and NPC database
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

>Dark Heresy 2e Character Creator:

81 replies and 9 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>93256122
Marahazi can stop saying "mon'keigh".
Low bar, I know, but it's the best you're gonna get from those hoity-toity holier-than-thou pansy-ass ballerina wannabees.
>>
>>93234601
>In fact, astartes are known to grab IG heavy bolters and use them
Which edition's Space Marine codex are you referring to?
>>
File: bolt.png (795 KB, 1332x908)
795 KB
795 KB PNG
>>93235114
>but has an identical damage ceiling to the SM heavy bolter
Depends if you use the erratas, especially for burst fire.
And the whole 250 round clip if you have a backpack (which you probably will).
>>93235358
>That beefy boy only holds 15 rounds and can't fire full auto, only single and *two round* bursts
Did they nerf it? I always held down left click. It's uneconomical but fun.
I like imagining a cleric issuing my ammunition foaming at the mouth about how the combined income of him, his father, and his father, could not afford what I spend in a single mission at 16 thronegelt a pop.
>>
>>93257775
>burst fire
I mean full auto.
Against vehicles a Deathwatch heavy bolter is actually stupidly good. But then tank cannons have no traversal time and last I checked have a range in the kilometres. A lot of vehicles can obliterate entire companies of marines without needing to reload, because in the grim derpness of the 42nd millennium where sword fighting is still a thing, tanks now have entire clips of shells loaded into their turrets.
>>
>>93257775
>heavy bolter
>20m range
It has been a while since I've opened my 1e books, but that doesn't seem quite right

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.